• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
smaller.png
Life sucks.

When the advancements of technology took over, nobody expected the sudden influx of homelessness to sweep over the city. Thousands were thrown from their homes, left to rot in the streets. Diseases started sweeping the warrens and, to put it frankly, a lot of people died.

The government couldn't hide something like that. They needed an out, so that they could be blameless, and so set to work solving the intense poverty sweeping not only the city, but the nation. As time went on the food became scarcer and scarcer, as we waited for word to come of how we would be saved.

No one liked what they had to say.

It's hard to describe exactly what the white coats were babbling on about, but I heard two distinct words that caught my ear. They kept repeating the words "Neurological" and "Interface.". I didn't get it at the time. They rounded up all the volunteers and rode off. Now, I can't say for certain why I hesitated, but they didn't give me a second chance regardless.

I kept thinking about how I abandoned my friends, it haunted me for a few nights. Can't say I regret it, though.

Nowadays, it's almost impossible to survive this lurid, neon landscape. I've personally been on the streets for ten straight years last month. Yet I would do another ten in these streets, no, twenty more years in these streets, before I did THAT to myself. Then again, hunger's a bitch, so who am I to judge? That's how we got the Bots. Full neurological transplant from the human body into these mechanical shells. Fucking crazy, right? But the white coats said it was cheap and painless, so a lot of folks ended up going for it.

Wonder if their still human, y'know? If they still do human stuff like feel and dream. Hell of a question, ain't it mis-

The sound of a gunshot echoes throughout the warrens. Unfortunately, it has become a common occurrence as of late.

HEY! THANKS FOR READING THIS FAR!
If you've made it down here that means you are interested in this concept, so I'm sure you won't mind a couple more things.​

• This RP will be based on the Bots, which will be your characters. These can range from full robots to androids, but remember the bodies are cheap and mass produced.
  • I'm looking for people who can keep up with the pace of the RP. I'll be lenient about posting times, but if you can't post let me know in advance!​
  • Please don't post interest if you're not going to follow up! I can't count the amount of times people have just disappeared from interest checks after posting.​
  • There will be an OOC and Character Page posted when I get enough interest checks, as well as a Discord if we get enough Character Sheets.​
  • Last but not least, post length is at minimum one paragraph. I get that some people out there prefer a shorter structure, but that's not fair to the people posting 2+ paragraphs.​

This sounds pretty cool. What was done with them after the transformation?

This sounds pretty cool. What was done with them after the transformation?
The project was successful, and the "people" were re-integrated into society. However, it wasn't very fun. We are talking about humans, homeless humans at that, so they weren't exactly all open arms and warm hearts. As a matter of fact, some people who were excluded from the project were quite jealous.

So, long story short, they're just kind of living the same as they were, minus the whole robot discrimination thing.

The project was successful, and the "people" were re-integrated into society. However, it wasn't very fun. We are talking about humans, homeless humans at that, so they weren't exactly all open arms and warm hearts. As a matter of fact, some people who were excluded from the project were quite jealous.

So, long story short, they're just kind of living the same as they were, minus the whole robot discrimination thing.

Seems pretty cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back