• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Born to Kill - A Fictional War RP

shrike_1998

Hi, rebooting this after I had to go on vacation last time. Apologies! I rewrote a lot of the setting in the meantime! THIS RP DOES NOT TAKE PLACE ON EARTH BUT USES ALLEGORIES/RIP OFFS OF ACTUAL HISTORICAL EVENTS

THE YEAR IS 1964 AND THE WORLD IS ON THE BRINK OF WAR ONCE MORE.

The world realized the full power of dictatorships after the devastation brought about by the 2nd End War. The fragile alliance between Democracy and Communism collapses without any fascists to fight anymore. The Communist Revolution begins to spread like a disease. There's no sign of peace within our time. Will your nation survive? Will world peace be achieved or will the powers of war bring about the end?

There are two major ideologies in the world, Democracy and Lenin-Marxism (and other variants of the those two umbrella ideologies) that will fight in proxy wars, cold wars, and engage in diplomacy. Fascism is still allowed in this game, but don't expect to be very powerful at the start. Player Nations can form new alliances and ideologies if they desire.

If I get enough interest, I will post the discord and an application thread.

Hi, rebooting this after I had to go on vacation last time. Apologies! I rewrote a lot of the setting in the meantime! THIS RP DOES NOT TAKE PLACE ON EARTH BUT USES ALLEGORIES/RIP OFFS OF ACTUAL HISTORICAL EVENTS

THE YEAR IS 1964 AND THE WORLD IS ON THE BRINK OF WAR ONCE MORE.

The world realized the full power of dictatorships after the devastation brought about by the 2nd End War. The fragile alliance between Democracy and Communism collapses without any fascists to fight anymore. The Communist Revolution begins to spread like a disease. There's no sign of peace within our time. Will your nation survive? Will world peace be achieved or will the powers of war bring about the end?

There are two major ideologies in the world, Democracy and Lenin-Marxism (and other variants of the those two umbrella ideologies) that will fight in proxy wars, cold wars, and engage in diplomacy. Fascism is still allowed in this game, but don't expect to be very powerful at the start. Player Nations can form new alliances and ideologies if they desire.

If I get enough interest, I will post the discord and an application thread.
I wasn't interested in this the last time, or now, and since you haven't gotten any interest yet, I think I'll explain why I'm not so you maybe can know why some people may not want a roleplay like this. When it comes to realistic warfare roleplay without a strong backstory behind it set in a fictional world like Earth, (say, X nation has done this, Z nation has done that, ect) I think it suffers for making it up to the players to make the majority of the world and lore concerning the nations they control themselves, albeit that is not to say roleplays like that cannot succeed. What's also bad is currently there's no map for this roleplay. Typically, at least, from what I've seen, people prefer alternate history RPs like this set around but mostly slightly before the period of WWI or WWII on Earth. Usually these RPs have a twist (an alien invasion being an example), but typically the world is the same or merely altered but still recognizable aside from this significant change.

Maybe make like a command and conquer or endwar type of setting on Earth if that's what you want. Maybe people'll be more interested in that than this. Either that, or take inspiration from RPs like World of Tomorrow or Rifles and Runes and see what made them successful and apply their ideas to this roleplay. Who knows, maybe it'll work.

endwar type of setting on Earth if that's what you want
That can work, sure. Thank you for your input.

EDIT: I think I'll make a sci fi one, something similar to stellaris rather than alt-history because I am bad with Points of Divergence and history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back