Born of Ravnica

Status
Not open for further replies.
Born of Ravnica

Kavlov:

Walking into the senate at the start of the day, Kavlov gets a summons from Brooj. Stepping into his chambers, the Loxodon clears his throat loudly. “Kavlov, thank you for meeting me,” he says. He steps over and pleasantly grasps your hand in his massive mitt. ”I received word that there was a prison escape at the Sawtooth Prison, and I want you to take on the case. I’ve been keeping up with your work, and I must say, I am impressed. I have filed the paperwork necessary to assign you to this case. If you perform this task as well as I know you can, there might be a promotion in your future.”

Nievein:

BOOM!

Nievein is launched across the lab, flying safely into the crash pads she had installed a few weeks earlier. That may have been too much of the black powder. As she regains her footing, a Chemister who she had never met, or maybe she had and just forgot, came up to her. “Hey, I was asked to help out on some kind of mission, but I’m so close to figuring this formula out, I just can’t step away!” The odd goblin sounds almost angry with Niev, without having actually asked her anything. “Go to the prison, and see if it’s important.” The goblin waves her off, “I’ll even clean that up while you’re out,” he shrugs, pointing to the small crater that her last experiment had left in the floor.

Gru:

Gru sat alone in a wing of the bank. The money he was tasked with counting was all accounted for, and he was able to take a short rest before his normal rounds of visiting local businesses to “persuade” them to pay for protection. As he prepared to get up, the door suddenly swung open. An elderly human Pontiff who he had met before walked into the room silently and stepped over to the paperwork that Gru was preparing to file. He checked it over for a minute, stifling any attempt for the much larger Loxodon to ask him questions. “Acceptable.” He looked up slowly as he spoke, clear and strong. “There is a bounty that I would like for you to claim. Some type of prisoner has escaped, and there is a sum of money for those who retrieve them.” The man shuffles the papers as he prepares to take them to the filing room. “You will be at the prison by dusk,” he mentioned without making eye contact. Gru would know that this is the way most missions are handed out, but despite the priest's lack of urgency, he could tell that he was concerned, and trusted Gru to handle the situation.

Rhethora:

Performance day. The acrobats are flying past as Rhethora walks through the makeshift circus tent she had spent the entire night helping to set up. A sickening laugh rings out from the other side of the tent, a sound that still sends a chill down her spine, even after all the time spent around the cultists. As she makes her way to the opening, she immediately picks up on something odd in her periphery. Graffiti on a wall nearby lets her know that there is a mission that she needs to take care of, and it points her to the Sawtooth Prison, telling her to get there by dusk. She watches as the cryptic writing fades away into nothingness.

Thia’Varis:

A large Minotaur wearing armor emblazoned with the Boros symbol stands uncomfortably in the middle of the camp. He has been sent to ask for help from a member of the Golgari by his superiors, but he clearly has no desire to be in the Undercity. His voice wavers slightly as he walks up to different members of the swarm, asking them for their assistance. He finally walks up to Thia, “Excuse me, but I really need someone to come with me to help. The office of the Guildpact wants a diverse group to help out with an issue.” He shivers slightly as he offers his hand in greeting. Thia would recognise the importance of the office of the Guildpact requesting help, and reluctantly agrees to help out. Perhaps assisting this clearly new Boros soldier might gain them a bit of leeway with the legion in the future...

Alice:

Alice spends the majority of her day painting in the middle of a fairly reclaimed portion of the city. The trees have sprung up and new life is thriving, and that’s enough to make anyone want to relax and sit down beside a tree. She doesn’t really care for the part of town that this new life is blossoming in, because it is right by one of the prisons. She concentrates on the painting, and the beauty before her when suddenly she sees Kavlov making his way in her direction.

Hmm... this shade isn’t really capturing the way the light hits the leaves well enough... maybe a touch of yellow! Alice reached into the pack that she had set behind her when she had stretched out her long thin form before her makeshift branch easel several hours earlier She dug around for a moment before removing a flask of water and carefully rinsing out her brush, and then mixed a small amount of yellow onto her palette and going back to her landscape of the new park.

Alice smiled as she saw the results of her latest effort. “Much better, isn’t it Samuel?” She glanced over to the new squirrel friend she had made a few hours back and plucked a twig from the ground, bristling with small, dried out berries. Alice let out a soft whistle and the berries rapidly ripened and she passed them over to her little friend before turning her attention back to her work. Alright, no more distractions. Luke wants to have Seriaya Park painted as soon as possible so that more people can know of its beauty. Shame about the location, but I suppose it can’t be-

Alice paused midstroke and glanced away from her canvas as she saw a familiar towering figure approaching in her direction. “Hey, Kavlov!” She quickly set down her paintbrush and palette before springing to her feet, her red curls whipping in the air, and she quickly walked over to the tall blue man before embracing him, barely coming up to his shoulder despite her tall height for a human. “I haven’t seen you in ages, how have you been? What brings you here to lovely Seriaya Park?”

Kavlov took a few steps back from the force of the hug, not that the small human could overpower him, but it was unexpected. He was here to carry out his task and as usual was too focused, unaware of his surroundings. Fortunately, Alice was not a threat. Though he had difficulty expressing it, he enjoyed their time together all those years ago in the Senate. It was regrettable that she had left. Kavlov would consider her a friend, and he did not have or busy himself with having many of those.

"Hello Amaryllis Gradina. I am here on official business of the Azorius Senate." the Vedalken says in his usual monotone and unaffected voice. "It has been approximately 13 months since our last meeting, in that time I have been well." A moment of silence passes before his head tilts slightly, "How... have you been, friend?" he adds, awkwardly. Kavlov stands there, still as a statue in his officious Azorius uniform, awaiting the response to his social inquiry.

Landing on the pads, Niev had to fight a moment of drowsiness as she lay there, trying to work backwards on what had happened. Black powder ... a fickle thing ... hm. These pads might be too soft. Maybe next time a smaller dose, or multiple smaller doses, but separated. Not one large explosion, but many tiny ones. Maybe during a meal break she should remove the padding on these ... but then how much is too much and it just defeats the purpose ...? Her eyelids started to close as her thoughts wandered before she realized -- that wasn't all the black powder! Grunting as she tried to jump to her feet, annoyingly her fins caught the air a bit before she remembered to close them, running to the worktable and quickly killing the last spark of flame with a thickly gloved hand.

She drooped from the table, finding herself sitting on a nearby stool, looking around the room to see where her note-pad might have gone, instead finding her bleary eyes focused on an impatient looking goblin. Had they met ...? The amount of times she'd accidentally dozed off during meetings, for all she knew they had, he certainly acted like they knew each other if he trusted her with this. Attempting to hide a yawn she nodded -- at least she could comeback to a clean lab and hopefully the floor in one piece again.

Pulling off her thick chemistry gloves and goggles for her eyes she stretched, fins spreading wide, nearly considered wings in their own right, if they weren't merely for gliding, and most of the time kept closed and out of the way. Well, mostly out of the way, since she'd gotten them all her clothes had to be custom-made to try and work around the fact nothing could go all the way around her torso, even down to her hips, then from her ankle to almost her knees. Niev rubbed her eyes, at least if she had to go to outside the lab, she could attempt to nap on one of the wagons, try to catch up on the sleep she always seemed to be chasing now. Truly, it was a wonder half the time she even managed to put her shoes on right, the constant daze that was near exhaustion. Even before the procedure she'd heard some elves had problems adapting, that they couldn't trance anymore as they may have for so long before, but even trying to "sleep" as others did was extremely difficult given she'd have to prevent pinning the fins or getting wrapped up in them.

Standing by the workstation she suddenly realized ... had she dozed while standing again? Or perhaps her mind had circled back to the blackpowder ... oh wait she was supposed to be going somewhere, right. That's why her lab gear was off. Collecting what few items she had and storing them in her bag she wandered out of the lab, attempting to catch a wagon headed in the direction she needed to go. Hopping aboard she gave a small comment to the driver of where she was intending, warning she might fall asleep, but needed only a loud noise or a few taps to wake back up. Finding a seat she wrapped her arms around her bag and leaned back, soon finding herself dozing once more, her closed fins slowly relaxing and taking up more and more of the seat around her.

Alice smiled up at Kavlov and broke off the hug, leaving the faint smell of oranges in the air as she smoothed out the skirts of her oddly leather-lined summer dress. "I've been fantastic! The Selesnya Conclave's been blossoming like crazy lately, and we managed to reclaim this amazing piece of land recently. The animals here are all super friendly, and they've taken to their new home really quickly. Its amazing how quickly the world can right itself if given the chance." She swept an arm around the beautiful grove and looked around for a long moment before turning back to her friend. "Anyways, glad to hear that Azorius has been treating you well. What kind of official business do they have you on now? I hope it doesn't have anything to do with the park. That could get... awkward." She glanced away for a moment as her cheeks grew a little red. She knew that all of the Conclave's methods weren't necessarily fully legal, and had felt a little weird herself slipping into the abandoned building in the middle of the night to leave behind the seed of regrowth, but was proud now seeing the fruit of her efforts.

Watching the writing fade she mused over the message a few moments. Chewing on her thumb she looked up and down the street to see if anymore was lurking still. Strange that none from the Cult had approached her.

Giving it a few minutes she made herself available to her troupe leader sticking close to the stage in the back for a bit longer.

Playing it safe she stuck to her more casual Rackdos attire. Removing her flamboyant belled mantle she replaced it with a long cape. The attached hood pulled up over her platinum hair, it’s two tendril like shapes dangled loosely from the cross seam. Reminiscent of rag doll bunny ears, they bobbed with her gait. Her burgundy and grey striped jumper would have to do as she tucked them into heavy shit kicker boots. Throwing on Her black leather vest and the holsters for her daggers and sword. She geared up quickly and slipped into the evening. They would have to fend for themselves tonite.

Golden eyes watched the shadows and people alike as she passed through the streets. Sticking to the shadows as she grew closer to the prison she tried to hide her presence by approaching quietly and lingering on the outskirts. Waiting to learn if she can trust those she saw gathering before the prison, before stepping out into the open.

Last edited:
Stretching out a little, having been crouched on the floor when they were approached, Thia'Varis was a little surprised to find someone so important asking them for help. As he stretched out his hand in greeting, Thia'Varis accepted it.

"An issue?" Thia'Varis asked, still getting over their own surprise. "Alright, let me gather up my things."

Picking up the worn canvas bag nearby that had been clumsily patched up with leaves at some points, Thia'Varis stuck their thumb and index finger of their left hand in their mouth and gave a smooth whistle. A little rustling and a large spider, about the same size as the canvas bag came shuffling towards them.

"It's okay," Thia'Varis said as they swung the bag's straps over their shoulder, "He's with me. His name's Khel."

Khel stopped in front of the two, eyeing them both with his black eyes before climbing up Thia'Varis and resting on their back, two legs going over Thia'Varis' shoulders, two holding onto their arms and the other four legs wrapping around Thia'Varis' torso.

"Alright, I'll go with you." Thia'Varis said to the Minotaur, "I'm Thia'Varis, What's your name?"

The large loxodon stood quietly as the man inspects his work, his trunk curled down to straighten his vest which caused the chain of golden coins draped across his shoulders to rattle slightly. Gru made no mention of it, folding his arms behind his back and clasping his hands together, waiting for the judgement.

He made every attempt not to grimace at the mention of the work being acceptable. Counting coins and filing papers was never his favorite part of the job. Gru was a people person with a strong arm and a gentle voice. He belonged on the streets collecting payment and talking people into debt. Acceptable wasn't good enough for him; it wasn't how he'd move up in the guild, but it was all he'd ever hear about papers and numbers. How could counting ever be any more accurate or papers ever be more filled out or filed? He didn't know.

The conversation moved on, the priest had a job for him. "Of course I'll take on the bounty. Though... this isn't my usual work. I take it there's something important about this job? Is there something more I should take care of while I attend to this mater?" Gru expected little response in return, but there was always the chance this mattered enough to warrant a special request. Gru could always use a priest who owed him a favor. He moved toward the door and collected his staff. It was short for his height, but made a convenient tool as he was making his rounds. He paused, patiently hoping for a response but expecting to be dismissed.

Thia:
The minotaur recoils slightly as he notices the spider, but he attempts to keep his composure. "I am called Trovik, friend," he forced a smile as he leads Thia up a set of stairs. He seems to have been holding his breath while in the Undercity as he suddenly lets out a large breath. "Sorry, I don't do so well with the smell of decay... no offense." He looks genuinely embarassed by his words. He leads the way to the prison, it only being a mile or so away from the nearest entrance to the old city.

Gru:
The old priest passes by Gru, and through the door. He gestures for him to follow and he begins to speak again. "I know your usual work, you are much better at it than most of your peers. This job is a request from the office of the Guildpact, which means they will owe us for our assistance. I offered for you to take the task on because I think you deserve to be utilized to your stengths, and not put to work pushing papers like a common banker. There should be payment, and you will be in my favor, which can get you more than you might think." He spoke as he lead Gru to the front door, and he opened it to reveal that a transport wagon was coming down the street outside. "No one has ever complained about having Pontiff Maarks in their corner," the old man smiled the awkward smile of a person who does so very rarely. He gestured out to the quickly approaching transport and nodded.

Gru followed the man out the door. "I appreciate the consideration. It will be taken care of." Gru passed the Pontiff out of the bank, waving to the man as he boarded the transport.

On the wagon Gru looked for a place to sit. He removed the gold chain from around his neck, folding it and placing it respectfully in his satchel. Knowing there would be work to do, Gru also removed his overcoat, adding it to the satchel as well. His trunk wrapped tightly around his staff holding it close as he rolled the sleeves of his tunic up to his elbows.

He released the staff, catching it in one hand and looking around at the other passengers. Most shied away from the large Orzhov enfocer clearly on his way to work, but one slept comfortably wrapped around her bag.

Gru recognized her. His trunk stretched across the wagon, poking her gently. "Been a while Niev." Gru grinned. "Working on anything new?"

The gentle plodding pace of the wagon easily lulled Niev to sleep, only for her to slowly wake up to ... something poking her? Her eyes slowly opened to the sight of a ... familiar loxodonal shape. "... how much padding is too much padding for a landing pad ...?" she tiredly asked, before rubbing her face, fins slowly contracting again to take up less space. "Apologies Gru ... a thought from earlier that decided to visit once more. Er ... sort of tied to your question at least, given my latest project made me ... appreciate the cushions I'd recently installed."

Adjusting her position on the seat her head started to droop before she jerked awake, "Oh -- right. It involved black powder, but anything past that I probably can't say. Have you messed with it before? Any suggestions on ... say ... preferred amounts?" The drowsy simic leaned towards Gru as she spoke, voice lowering for a moment before she reset her position as if the prior topic hadn't even been mentioned, "Heading off to ... work? I have to warn you, I don't have the pearl with me. Not technically mine so ... can't leave the lab with it, in case someone stole it, you know."

Niev started to lean back into her seat, eyes slowly closing before she added, "Maybe ... maybe I should survey people about the crashpad padding ... then take that and attempt tests -- perhaps a few other engineers would find it useful, not good to have a pad that's too comfortable ..."

Kavlov surveys the area with a raised brow as his friend describes her work. It had not occurred to him as he was making his way toward the prison, but yes... this wasn’t always a park. The valkleden silently wondered whether this area was truly abandoned or if the proper permits had been obtained. He trusted Alice, but the Selesnya Conclave were known to bend the rules a little when working toward their primary directive. “I will need to fill out an inquiry when I return”, he thought to himself.

“The park... is pleasing, Amaryllis Gradina. It is not the objective of my business here.” he explains coolly while he smoothes out the recently formed wrinkles in his uniform. “I am on route to Sawtooth Prison. I have not been given word on the sensitivity of my work. You will forgive me if I err on the side of caution and not divulge further.” Kavlov begins to dismiss himself, not wanting to tarry more than he has, when a rare impulse hits him. “Would... would you care to join me? As far as the prison gate, of course.” he asks with the 10 degree curve that Alice knows passes for a Vedalken smile.

Alice breathed a sigh of relief at hearing that she wasn’t going to have to argue over the new park with her friend and smiled brightly in return to him. “‘Pleasing’? That’s a rare compliment from you, Kavlov.” At his invitation to join him on his way to the prison, Alice grinned happily. “Oh, I’d love to! I’m posted around here for the next few days, so I’ve got some time to finish up with my work here. Just let me pack up my things and I’ll be good to go, okay?”

Without waiting for a response, Alice quickly walked back over to her arboreal studio and rinsed off her brush and palette with her flask, wiping them clean before showing them away in her pack along with several vials or paint. She slung her pack over her shoulder and then walked over to the large canvas, letting out a slow whistle as she swept her hand over it, a warm wind blowing out from it and quickly drying the special paint. She picked up the large painting and began to walk away before turning back, kneeling down and patting her small squirrelly companion on the head. “I’ll see you soon, buddy. Keep the park safe for me, alright?” She stood back up and returned to Kavlov. “So sorry about the wait, I know punctuality is important to you. Let’s go!” She smiled up at him with the painting tucked under her arm.

Gru leaned in, his trunk curling and twisting as he thought. "Well, in general I think more is better. You can always use more padding, and more powder - as long as you're getting it from me." He chuckled and nodded a few times. "I am off to work, but I don't believe I'll be needing your services for this job, it's a bit different from my usual work; a bounty."

Gru smiled, "Anyway, if you're polling, more is better." The man winked as he leaned back in his seat, getting comfortable for the ride to the prison.

"Trovik," Thia repeated as they committed the name to memory before following Trovik as he led the way. As he let out the deep breath, Thia wasn't too surprised.

"None taken," Thia said, "Our lifestyle isn't for everyone." As the pair exited the undercity, Thia'Varis took the opportunity to hold their hand out. Channelling a little light natural energy, Thia'Varis saw a small orb of light manifest just over the top of their palm that got covered in tiny clouds. "Also, it's going to rain, so you might want to take that into account." Thia'Varis said as they continued to follow Trovik, unaware of where he was leading the druid. "Could you tell me any more of the issue that brought you to the undercity?" Thia asked.

Niev nodded tiredly while Gru spoke, "A bounty ...? Interesting. To be honest, I'm surprised I'm being sent outside too." She leaned back in her seat, eyes half closed, "Not sure ... what I would be needed at a prison for ... Well -- I say that, someone else was supposed to be going, but they were close to a breakthrough." Hiding a yawn behind her hand she continued, "Tends to happen in the League ... I don't mind though, means I collect favors, and someone else is cleaning my lab in the meantime."

"There's nothing wrong with collecting a favor here and there. If I'm being honest the only reason I'm not up to my usual tricks is because this job could get me a favor with someone powerful enough to help me get somewhere. Well, that and I've been promised the pay is good."

Gru's trunk fished around in his pack, removing a large crystal on a chain. "Did you say you're headed to the prison as well?" He peeked out of the window. "We're almost there. Best collect your things." After placing the crystal around his neck he clutched his staff and stood. "What business brings an inventor to a prison? Looking for subjects to test on your landing pad?"

The hybrid elf chuckled, adjusting her hold on her bag, "If I were ... I think they'd suggest more padding than anything else. I doubt their beds are the most comfortable. Though ..." her eyes shone for a moment, "you do bring up a valid point -- lots of people to survey in there, and they can't exactly avoid me like others may try."

Niev pulled herself to standing as well, looking over the area they had arrived to, closing her fins in an attempt not to hit anyone on her way off the wagon, being sure to pay for her ride. "Truly I suppose I'll find out when I arrive," she eventually replied to Gru. "Often with Izzet, we're not sure what we're actually trying to learn, but at the end, we always figure out something to note down." She tapped her chin, "Even ... even if it only circles back to landing pads." Shrugging, she cast her eyes around the area, "I ... am not sure I recall so much greenery in this part of town? Or is it I've always just been asleep through here ...?"

Watching one of the city transports approach the prison Rhet gave thought to backing further into the greenery that surrounded the prison. As she peered closer at the figures exiting she recognized the familiar physique and dress of Gru, and the bizarre silhouette of the finned Nievein. With a quirk of her brow she stepped out from her shadow towards them. Her curiosity piqued at their presence.

“What in Rakdos name are you two doing here? and together what an interesting association.” Rhethora circled the two mouth turned in a half grin coming back to their front. Stuffing her hands in her pockets she looked up through the shadow of her hood.

Kavlov stands there with stone-like patience while Alice collects her things. He absently rests his hand on the hilt of his rapier while he surveys the area around him. On the nearby road a Indrik stops with its wagon in tow. A puzzling pair exits the wagon; Gru, an Orzhov, enforcer and someone he had not seen for a very long time. The elven woman had been a hero to Kavlov when he was a child, stepping in when the other children were being mean... though there was something different about her. “Wings?” he thought to himself.

A pleasant and energized voice breaks his concentration, “Hmm? Oh, I was not given any constraints of time. You are still correct, Amaryllis Gradina. My preference is not to waste time needlessly.” Kavlov glances back to Gru and the elven woman. “What do you make of these? The woman is a hybrid, no doubt.” he asks, his eyes now narrowing as he notices a cloaked figure approach them. “I have encountered both of these persons, I find it strange that they have appeared at this location... at this time.” His hand goes from a resting position to a grip as he moves forward, “Come, we shall assess.”

“Hail! I am Kavlov of the Azorius Senate. State your business.” he states with authority as he approaches.

The loxodon looked around, he hadn't really taken the time to admire the scenery. He was here to work and the prison was standing opposite the reclaimed area of the city. He turned back with a sigh, "Looks like the Selesnya are at it again. No doubt it'll cut into the Syndicate's profits this quarter; I'll make sure it doesn't impact my bottom lie though." He shook his head, his trunk tensed to keep from swinging too wildly.

"I wonder if they und..." Gru stopped and turned as Rhethora addressed him. He chuckled, "Mouse. Good to see you." Gru nodded with a smile and raised his staff in greeting. He tapped the staff on the ground as his trunk adjusted one of his rolled sleeves, "Unfortunately I'm here on business. Something about a bounty. Niev you were here for work too, right? Something about landing pads and black powder. Mouse might know a thing or two about that. What brings you round to these parts? Shouldn't you be eating fire or juggling swords or mocking the Legion somewhere?" He let out another slight chuckle as Kavlov approached.

Immediately his demeanor changed; he crossed his arms, stood up straight, and furrowed his brow. "What makes you think our business is any of yours, Kavlov of the Azorius Senate? We've done nothing wrong and have just a much right to be here as anyone else." He hand curled around his staff. Gru was never eager for a fight, but far too many members of the Senate would rather throw their weight around than have a nice chat. As he watched the man approach, his gaze strayed to the woman trialing behind with a painting under her arm. "...Alice?" He asked, a hint of shock in his voice.

Alice’s eyes wandered over to where Kavlov was looking and first eyed the elven Simiche has indicated. “I don’t know... looks like something’s fishy here, huh?” Alice grinned and laughed before turning back to her friend, her expression faltering slightly as she saw him walking forward with a hand on his hilt. She sighed slightly before awkwardly quickening her pace to catch up. Classic Kavlov, following procedure to the letter. Still, I wonder what’s going on that has him so on edge?

As Alice drew level with Kavlov, she quickly realized she knew the loxodon, and smiled brightly and gave him a wave as he addressed her. “Hey there, Mr. Gru! I was just working on a new painting and ran into Kavlov, an old guildmate of mine. Anyways, I think what he meant to say was ‘It’s nice to see you here, and welcome to the beautiful Seriaya Park.’” She glanced back up to Kavlov, noting the seriousness on his face before continuing. “And then probably the whole ‘state your business’ bit. If there’s one thing that the Azorius Senate loves, it’s asking people what they’re up to. ” She gave the tall blue man a playful smirk before looking back to Gru and then to his two companions, giving them a slightly embarrassed smile and a small curtsy. “I’m Alice Gradina. It’s nice to meet some of Mr. Gru’s friends.” Recognizing the clothing of both a member of the cult of Rakdos and an engineer of Izzet, she thought to herself. Mr. Gru sure does keep some interesting company.

Rhet winked with a whily grin, “Loitering as..” was all that came from her answer as the Azorius authority stated his name. Cursing under breath she subconsciously stiffened taking a side step towards Niev in order to give Kav only a view of her hooded profile.

“Can’t a girl casually meet some friends in front of a prison? Seems perfectly normal to me.” She appeared to be grinning as she stared at Niev. She hoped the Veldalken would just leave until Alice walked up from behind him. “Mother of Vengeance why you two?” She grumbled outloud. She began to realize they were possibly all here for the same reason and this was not something she could back out of.

As such she chuckled as her persona would and recited the small tale of their evening introduction. “Once upon an evening five different members of the guildpact met before a prison, none meant for the stocks , but all gathered none the less. Happy coincidence? Fate’s design? or is their something on each of their minds?”

Niev smiled as Rhet approached, "Actually, you may be more right about that than you realize, Gru." Seeing the approach of Kavlov, she had to search her memory for a little bit, appearing to have dozed while standing before opening her eyes again at the tone of Gru towards the Vedalken.

"Kavlov ...?" she asked, "I'm pretty sure we've met, though," she raised a hand to indicate his height before lowering it to child height with a faint smile, "I believe you were ... much smaller." She shrugged, her fins opening slightly before closing again, "Not anything new for me, but I'm glad to see you grew up well."

On hearing Alice's name, she raised an eyebrow, "You on the otherhand ... I don't believe I've met, yet your name is familiar. Do you know a Thia'Varis? They're an elf as I am, but tend to have a rather large spider with them?"

Turning back to Rhet Niev chuckled, "If anything's on my mind, it's sleep and the desire for it."

Kavlov’s expression did not change.”Your right to be here is not under scrutiny, Gru. It is unfortunate that you chose to avoid a simple request and defend yourself against nothing. It has been noted.” he says with a slight nod in the Loxodon’s direction. His past dealing with the enforcer had been fruitless, Gru was either exceptionally sly or the most upright of his order. Of course, there is no such thing as coincidences and the Orzhov Syndicate were opportunists, Kavlov had no doubt they were here for similar reasons.

His concentration breaks as he hears his name. “Yes... yes, I remember.” he answers, with much more awkwardness and less authority than before. “Thank you. I see you have gone through the Simic hybridization of your people.” Kavlov says with a vedalken smile. Judge Brooj had told him to practice being more personable. Now was likely not the best time to lecture on the perversion of the natural order that are the Simic Combine’s signature.

He found the small cloaked figures words to be nonsensical and foolish. He chose to ignore her for now; though he kept on guard as always. She reminded him of the usual street trash that could ramble on in their lunacy before lashing out at the innocent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread