• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Borgias | Vampire the Masquerade

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Noah Gray Silver

The first time you came here. You sometimes think back to it when you enter the grand Cathedral of Florence. The place is as empty now as it was a century ago. For different reasons.

The moment you opened your eyes here for the first time was also the moment when you met the grandeur of your hunger. You had been embraced, put on the cold floor of the church and when you woke up, there were 5 juicy bodies of cattle staring at you. Around you were the 4 other new recruits for your coterie. You could hear footsteps high above, but with the state you were in, you all started a frenzied feeding. When the jester first landed before you, there was a moment of shock as you had not noticed the big smiling man before.

Now when you enter the cathedral, it was empty because it had belonged to the Borgias family. The one you were set out to put into power so many years ago. It was why you were embraced as a coterie all under the guidance of the jester. Now Florence was once again going to be under the control of the Medici, who were misleading the flocks of humans towards science as a religion and maybe more importantly were infiltrated by an inquisition of hunters, who meant to eradicate the church of all Cainites.

One thing never changed. You were not able to see the jester and as always, 5 faithful people were waiting for you to feed on them. Willingly of course, as they also thought it was an act of faith to be fed upon. One of the few people to still believe around here presumably. So it was not an accident and the jester must have been here in the room somewhere, waiting for us to stock up for the coming battle.

Uncharacteristically, the jester jumped out in the open of the church. Instantly, you feel that same maddening aura. Even for Malkavians, this felt like an unendingly deep pit of madness you were staring into. The only way to cope, was to go with it. Stories about the jester being every jester in every court felt true after meeting with them a few times. His croaky voice seemed to try to invade your ears and then bend them as ever.

“My three remaining pupils. It has been a long time, I believe 20 years?? since I have been needing assistance. As you all know, our seat of power has changed. Alexander has been killed only months ago and the replacement pope we had installed has undergone the same faith. I now want to discuss with you how we will make sure that the true faith stays in power in Italy and Spain.”

Motioning behind him, theatrical as ever, the jester nudged you to your meals.

“It took me a lot of effort to have some believers here still. As you might know, no one has a choice and I will always stay around the powerful, but swaying their hearts has become harder. I want you to visit potential new seats of power. The Borgias with their Ventrue bloodlines have had no worthy new male descendants. The second son, Cesare, who should’ve been the next pope has turned to science and warfare. Rodrigo’s (Pope Alexander who’s now dead) illegitimate lover, Vannozza has been getting a little overzealous with her ‘leadership capabilities’ and now rules a castle with increasingly loyal ghouls. A hassle to bargain with I’d say. The next pope will be Julius II, a Medici and therefore inquisition power."

You can sense the Jester and all-named almost lost his composure, which meant to run, but he regained it by twisting his head unnaturally far.

"My bet for the true faith lies with Lucrezia Borgias. She is vile and might have the true sense of our faith, I have sensed it in her, but she is also prone to the earthly temptations and might not be swayed as easily. My pupils, you have a choice to make. You will have the cathedral as your base of operations and you know that you’ll only have to think about me to summon my aids. I do not have much time to answer questions as I am to meet the new pope. Oh and enjoy your feast, they’ve been waiting for a long time now.”

A smile that only a predator before a feast could give is the last movement you see from the jester.

Isabella focuses her attention on the jester as he speaks. It is in her vested interest to make sure she knows all that she can about why the three of them have been called here together. She looks over at the two Madmen, wondering just what the future holds in store for her. In the meantime, she will look to the assembled Vessels and choose one for her evening meal.

Looking at the one she has selected, the young (at least by her appearance) nun motions for the woman to advance. "Come, my dear. Walk with me. I prefer my dining to be more private." Isabella glances back at the two men, saying, "Once I return, we can catch up from the years and discuss our next moves."

Dr. John Schmidt stands idly by as Isabella makes her move to pick out a vessel for her dinner, letting the lady make her pick first. After she has made her selection, John pulls out a syringe that is loaded up with a dose of morphine. He makes his choice seemingly at random, and before he feeds, he goes up to his chosen blood sack and tells the Vessel to present her arm for him to inject her with the painkiller. While not enough to cause an overdose in the subject, it will cause her to be very pliant and the medicated blood will provide a nice high above and beyond simply feeding does.

He gives the drug some time to get into the system of his vessel, then as she starts to nod off from the narcotic, he gently sinks his teeth into her neck. The morphine hits him right away as he drains a couple of pints of blood. The rush is fabulous, but one must still be neat. After he is done feeding, he seals the puncture wound with a lick and pulls out a small handkerchief to clean the last remnants of blood that leaked out of her neck. With a final dab, he is satisfied with his work, and is confident that she will survive the experience.

Last edited:
Oh how lovely, a gathering for the three of them and my, quite the selection of vessels. A feast one would say and happy cheery voice would sing, Though noting what the Jester himself had to say. Samael couldn't help but chuckle between the leather fingers that are pressed against his lips, such ambitions are interesting to unravel. This was a play from the other that he would bow his head for, simply marvelous won't one admit? Straightening his back as watch his the other kindred select their feast and devour it in their own peculiar ways.

Samael on the other hand, took off his hat and greeted the vessels with such etiquette. Was he playing with his food? who could really tell? it has been quite sometime since he had been around a breathing and living mortal. For most that will hear his speech of wisdom were none other but those who could no longer lift a finger. Might as well have a bit of a friendly chatter, what harm could it do? after all being around death can be pretty dull at times.

He admits, he would also love to enjoy his meal in private. But he craved the chaoes in company, as he continue to flirt with the rest of the vessels. One would think, when does he actually feed? well no one actually knows. He could just greet them and sunk his teeth into their skin, while the other times he would spend hours on a simple topic. There was simply no rhyme or reason to it, whatever comes just simply happens.

Though to note what the Jester had said earlier, the shift of power was as clear as day. Surely one could see how big of a chaos it would have been should they grew hasty with their decision, politics were never a simple overnight thing and he had a feeling that would remain to be the case. Taking of his coat with the help of the vessels, they were glued onto him and laughter filled his surroundings. Before disappearing into the distance, it took a while till he returns with his coat on his arm and tightening the tie around his collar. His hair was a tad of a mess much more than usual, he was quick to clean up after himself and patt the wrinkles out from his clothing.

Placing his hat back on his head and slid into his coat, He greeted his fellow malkavian with a cheery smile and a wave of his hand. Before leaning against the wall crossing his arms, while waiting for the nun to return.

When Isabella returns to the others, she has a healthy glow to her face, indicating the fact that she's just finished feeding. She looks around at John and Samael, then says, "How have the two of you been, my friends? It has been some time since we have last been in each other's presence."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back