• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ๐๐Ž๐Ž๐Š ๐Ž๐… ๐…๐€๐๐‹๐„๐’ ; outside the realm

miyabi

๐˜ช ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ, ๐˜ช ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ
Roleplay Type(s)

OUTSIDE THE REALM

d75b948bf71b409819dd99cdaa6940f2.jpg
8243caaa30050daf4ae0acc88b5b0dfe.jpg
7e927ea96e6f5678f6d8cd4042f5622e.jpg

This will be our temporary means of communication until the applications are accepted. Feel free to drop character concepts, send some memes/music/etc!

hi everybody! we're super excited about the interest - i'd love to hear your guys character ideas so far! < 33

1655788026226.png
HIHI i've got an idea for crooked man and the queen of hearts whoโ€”initiallyโ€”was supposed to be the witch from hansel and gretel, but the red aesthetic for my fc called for otherwise!

crooke: a once trustworthy, honorable man whose concerns were heavily upon the well-being of his village; working alongside a partner who, unfortunately, has taken his story and twisted it. convinced the village people that crooke had only been preying on their desperation and money. now, he is a low-ranked gangster who'd grown a bit slimy and bitter over the years. now he's somewhat become the man he was painted to be, except still with some moral compass.

queen of hearts: she'd helped alice flee her home, nurtured her like a sister; only to be betrayed by alice, losing her to the mad hatter's influence, who both have driven her to madness (gaslight, gatekeep, but not girlboss behavior). she is disappointed, no longer trusts the kindness that may be outstretched to her. now she is a working girl on the streets, has eyes and ears around every cornerโ€”figuratively and literally, casting spells to find a safer place for herself so not to succumb to the same fate yet again. only, now, in some of the murder scenes, she is unable to see such things. on the side, sells illegal glamours to help stay afloat and has a vendetta.

Last edited:
I was thinking of a take from the 1001 Arabian Nights maybe. My initial idea was the sorcerer from Aladdin, who Disney turned into Jafar the Royal Vizier. But, I'm still a bit iffy on it, might be slightly corny.

Lowkey thinking about doing the folklore about John Henry even though he dies at the end lol. I think it would be cool though since he uses a hammer and is wielding it pretty much when he passes.

im getting counseling on my character since im just sitting here with a heart full of love for Shere Khan

heyyyyyyy ๐Ÿ‘นwhy do you all have such good brains? delicious and so wrinklyโ€ฆ I come to yank them ๐Ÿ‘Œ

and so far my ideas are thus:

LANCELOT โ€” a (former) hopeless romantic who, as the tale of Arthur and his Knights revealed, suffered a life of sin and war upon drenching Queen Gwen into adultery. tends to keep to themself as a result, loveless and friendsless. I think at some point they and Gwennie were together, homeless yet in love? Obviously, that didnโ€™t last. We shall see how much Iโ€™m looking to traumatize them โœ‹
And yes. Their fc is Poppy bc that aquiline nose and fiery eyes sold me on the idea of a man scorned

EVE // THE SNAKE โ€” I honestly think Iโ€™m going to shoot for the former as opposed to the latter, simply bc itโ€™s more interesting and relies less on the actual religion surrounding the story of Adam and Eve. Plus imagining the first โ€˜womanโ€™ as a genderqueer individual played by Grace Jones? The iconic nature of such a thing makes me too excited. I donโ€™t have too many ideas on how Iโ€™m exactly adapting things, though I do want to play off misogyny JUST A LITTLE bc when isnโ€™t a woman getting blamed for smth? and like the literal creation of sinsounds like it would make anyone a little ๐Ÿ—ฟ after awhile

Last edited:
I probably should have posted this with my undying love for a tiger man but like

shere khan: fully intend for him to be a scorned king, tossed out by the very citizens he tried to protect from the reign of humans. a misunderstanding to attack a child but if these two-feet walking creatures begin to cut down your home? yeah, you'd be a little peeved off at all of them. of course being big, bad, and wearing a faux pas of stripes means you're immediately the villain. definitely going down the path of someone who just gets to sit and watch the nature of the world and his homeland be ruined by the dominant species. expect some king of the trash pile vibes and chaining himself to a bulldozer. don't expect anything good though เผผแ•—เบˆู„เบˆเผฝแ•—

I probably should have posted this with my undying love for a tiger man but like

shere khan: fully intend for him to be a scorned king, tossed out by the very citizens he tried to protect from the reign of humans. a misunderstanding to attack a child but if these two-feet walking creatures begin to cut down your home? yeah, you'd be a little peeved off at all of them. of course being big, bad, and wearing a faux pas of stripes means you're immediately the villain. definitely going down the path of someone who just gets to sit and watch the nature of the world and his homeland be ruined by the dominant species. expect some king of the trash pile vibes and chaining himself to a bulldozer. don't expect anything good though เผผแ•—เบˆู„เบˆเผฝแ•—
I can definitely imagine Mowgli being a brat.

I can definitely imagine Mowgli being a brat.

my dislike for unwatched children is already high, I have no empathy for the gremlin.

since there's no disney version of my fairy tale and folks might be unfamiliar with it, i've found a version of it here! there is a soviet stop motion animation of the story, but i can't find it with english subtitles ):

to be fair i am fully discarding Disney Jungle Book because the actual story is so much better and gives a better case to Shere Khan (also because he was originally a crippled tiger and really just a big ol arrogant bastard than anything really harmful. they really stretched it with Disney)

Last edited:
toy-story.gif

I'm loving everyones placeholders they look so good!!! ill probs give a little blurb of barns and my other character,,, they be spicy in all the sense of the word lmao​
MALEFICENT: โ€œBefore the sun sets on her sixteenth birthday, she will prick her finger on the spindle of a spinning wheel, and fall into a sleep like death! A sleep from which she will never awaken!โ€
A spell that was casted from a broken heart & mind, barns wanted to hurt everyone that took part in his torment and neglect. The choice to place a spell upon an innocent babe was extreme, yes, but he felt little to nothing for the child-- he'd place it upon anyone that was important towards the royal family and his horrible siblings Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather. He had been casted off as a freak in his family, as he didn't look like the rest of his fairy family, a life that lacked love and compassion and was replaced with torment and abuse... anyone would split into madness. Out of the five siblings, Barns had been the only one that was filled with sweetness and love; but he was portrayed as an evil lad by his older sisters, those three were anything but sugar and spice; horrible women who blamed their brother for everything bad. It was only a matter of time until he cracked, turning into the monster they so wanted him to be-- becoming a nightmare, the master of all evil. Barns can be found living within Grimm Ward, where he's built himself somewhat of an empire, taking care of misfits and outcasts.

Iโ€™m thinking Bluebeard... Tho Iโ€™m not sure how Iโ€™m going to explain the dead wives yet! Maybe itโ€™s a curse of some sort destined to cut down those he loves, or heโ€™s protecting the real killer (a murderous little sister perhaps, or a jealous first lover)

okok SO my thinking is sorta this

RUMPELSTILTSKIN - i might go the direction that say, the queenโ€™s children were cursed, fated to a life of misery โ€” rumpelstiltskin knew this, and when she had no other gifts in return for his help, he asked for her first-born child so that he may be able to change their foreseeable fate. iโ€™m not sure how well that really fits in, but he was also just a pretty lonely guy that wanted someone to look after. the queen had twisted his story so that when she guessed his name correctly, he raged โ€” maybe this just wasnโ€™t true and he instead warned her? but to make his actions seem greedy and discredit him, there wasnโ€™t much sympathy for rumpelstiltskin in the story she told.

COUNT DRACULA - still figuring out how to tackle this one, but i was thinking maybe some underlying darkness to the vampire hunters? maybe just that idea that thereโ€™s some kind of justification for dracula (beyond just the route of โ€˜heโ€™s a vampireโ€™ yada yada)

oh BABY these concepts are delicious. i am tentatively throwing my hat in thee ring (i will throw up a lil character concept ting here once i flesh out the idea more in my empty brain) but god damn this looks fun

oh BABY these concepts are delicious. i am tentatively throwing my hat in thee ring (i will throw up a lil character concept ting here once i flesh out the idea more in my empty brain) but god damn this looks fun

yessssssssssss come play with us

COUNT DRACULA - still figuring out how to tackle this one, but i was thinking maybe some underlying darkness to the vampire hunters? maybe just that idea that thereโ€™s some kind of justification for dracula (beyond just the route of โ€˜heโ€™s a vampireโ€™ yada yada)

terrified to see how you're going to make me dislike my good friend jonathan harker

also i will confess that i'm mostly over here writing deathless fanfic, so you're getting just. jareth from labyrinth after the messiest fucking break up.

honestly everyone has such pretty placeholders and concepts please let me touch all their faces with my tiny grubby hands (ไบบ โ€ขอˆแด—โ€ขอˆ)

How do you do the code thing?

you can find code freebies in the bbcode center ! there you can find & use freebies for basically anything you need. if you need help navigating it just lmk

don't ask me
I just completely screwed my coding to the point where I can't even delete my own post ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€
you can ask a mod to restore it to a previous save of that post if you have any :0 i think it's missing a bracket somewhere

you can find code freebies in the bbcode center ! there you can find & use freebies for basically anything you need. if you need help navigating it just lmk

you can ask a mod to restore it to a previous save of that post if you have any :0 i think it's missing a bracket somewhere
ya I dm'ed one so hopefully they get back to me LOL idk where I messed up but ๐Ÿ’€

Users who are viewing this thread

Back