• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Penumbra
STATS
001 Cities:
Umbra (Capital)
Barenziah (Farming Settlement)
Teera (Farming Settlement)
002 Faith: 2
Cities 3 (+3 Per Turn)
Temples: 3 (+6 Per Turn
Statues: 3 (+6 Per Turn)
003 Military:
Army 1:
2x DawnGuard (Greatswords)
1x Aurum Wyverns
1x Soleil Canon
Slitherscop
Army 2:
1x Spectrum Sailor
1x DawnGuard (Greatswords)
1x Soleil Canon
Song-Guardian
Army 3
1x Aurum Wyverns

Way of Light
STORY

The Nightsilver​
G8yjWMD1v7AbBZvL0QBRrz_HlrBZvSjdHGK8fNXxe6Cw4gtMOXp-fGq1lJdUTsoHO3dqUiBMsFg8CFbRU0AH8-xZQk6iKMlOj8DOHrCqgN3U_yKBM8t2ZbSqc2wSVEt6LQJoTtd4

Soaring above cities and open plains was a thing of fantasy to many of the people now aboard the first flying vessel of Penumbra. The priests talked about the old empire and the wonders they created, but no one ever believed that they would defy gravity. The ship's departure was a big affair, talked about for days prior and celebrated even after it was out of sight. Even the Goddess blessed the maiden voyage of the Nightsilver with her appearance. Her ethereal form flew alongside the ship until it reached the borders of the capital and she wished the occupants all the luck and wisdom in the world.

And as they sailed through the sky, cutting clouds and holding formation with the natural flyers of the world, Charlotte knelt down to pray. Not for safety or for luck however. “Lady Arlethane, I thank you for this opportunity to carry out your will in foreign lands and bring your words to the unaware and the lost. Thank you for raising me up and giving me purpose. We will do our very best to bring you good news upon our return. May the Light watch over us.”

_AqwIyCZ9IEF1R1WcLylOMuZNV-LKjYzAW0HFOft_vza3rRD1Bw6QuMugc4TdC2oG03wyrZry0E0GmtqJg0ILty6kRs2H2Kny4bvfONAOmOuVpeMVl9mxZNqipJ5rMFKMha5z5Di

General of the Second Army, Mirana Sagon was a respected warrior and her recent adventures had shown to her superiors that she was ready for more. So she too was charged to head west in search of this giant who supposedly possessed an artifact of the old empire. And while seeing new lands was exciting, Mirana could not shake the feeling that the nation needed her back home. Raids by these…Mabinogi heretics were not laughing matter and to leave Luna behind to command the armies meant that there would be blood in abundance.

With a heavy sigh the general laid her head on her desk and watched the clouds go by her window. The stress had ruined even this magical moment for her.

ACTS

Cost Actions:
Free Actions:
  • Pay 80 Resources to the Auctioneer
  • Army 3 moves SW 1 Tile to Teera
  • Army 2 Move West 3 Tiles to Carcass
  • Army 1 moves NE 1 Tile to Umbra
  • Engage Xilnor the Giant
  • Engage in Diplomacy with Flessi Assembly
© pasta

Divine Power Progression

This Turn Income Expenses Next turn
Faith 34 15 0 49
Resources 100 100 100 100

Council Chambers

"What do you make of this letter Rahdek?" turning the letter in question, a golden and well crafted thing wrote by one called Le'Grange, Requan turned to his military advisor. "I am inclined to believe it is real myself."

"As am I, shall I send word to Callerhan to take up volunteers?"

"Aye, ask for the shamans to go, they serve the best chance of winning in this tournament. Now then, our preparations for the capital improvements are almost done and Vigo has told me of something that should help our crops, something he calls a rotation of them? I will be bringing it up at the meeting in an hour and will be putting it to a vote."

"It sounds like we have a plan forming then Council Head."

As the two fell into a discussion the other tribe leaders began to trickle into the room, ready for another exhausting and long meeting that would hopefully guide their nation to ever greater heights.

The Army of the Earth

As he spoke to the last of the volunteers he had recruited for guard duty Callerhan looked to the large golem, concerned as to what these Azghul had faced that they created being such as this one to help guard their shores. Shaking his head he turned back to the men as he began plans on where to march next, and hoping that he wasn't dooming the men he was leaving here.

Actions

Resources
Start of Turn Income Current UsageRemaining
Settlements:
Sunset Mountain (Level 1 1/2 Capital)
Storm's Rest (Level 1 Farming Settlement)

Troops
Army of the Earth (Army 1):
1x Bulls
1x Fox
1X Earthen Shaman
1x Blizzen
Tal 'Ki (Hero)
Blacktop the Undaunted (Hero)
Ancient Golem (Hero)
Callerhan (Non-Hero Story Character)

Eastern Guard (Army 2)
1x Bulls

Tournament Unit:
1x Blizzen

Order/Happiness
1/0

Population
6/10

Paid Actions
Advancement: Crop Rotations
Upgrade Capital (4/4)

Free Actions
March Army of the Earth (Army 1) one tile southeast
Army 1 explore southeast tile
Separate 1 unit of Bulls to create Army 2 and maintain position with Army 2

Quest: Generate 20 resources from advancements
10/20​

Last edited:
The Children of Mekhane
Turn 5, Winter

The sound of whirring gears and the clink of armored boots on metal reverberated off of the bronze-colored walls as a Legionnaire stumbled his way up the crowded and might-as-well-be endless stairwell, the cacophony of clinks and clanks occasionally accompanied by a hurried "pardon me" or a rushed apology as he shoved his way upward. The opaque green visor of his helmet blocked his beet red face and grimace as he raced the clock, cursing and spouting blasphemies. Of all days for both of the lifts that would normally carry one up and down "The Machine Spirit's Spire" to be out of order, one down to regularly scheduled maintenance and the other to random mechanical failure, forcing everyone to take the few cramped stairwells the sky-high building had to offer. This would normally be only a mild inconvenience, especially for one whose legs had long since been amputated and replaced with bronze-beryllium mechanical augments, save that he had to reach the top floor, which was separated from his starting point at the ground floor by dozens of flights of stairs. To compound this problem, time was not on his side- it was actually strictly against him. Marcus had been instructed to fetch Oliver Frank, the head Scholar and Holy Emissary of the First Expeditionary Legion, nicknamed "Her Hopeful Wanderers", which was set to head out into the unknown roughly about an hour ago. Its Commander, a grizzled veteran by the name of Richard Dumont, was not a man to be kept waiting. Yet he was. Marcus could almost hear the chewing out he was to receive and the feel the extra PT. At least he would have company- group punishment is wonderful thing in that respect.

Marcus shoved his way between a pair of mechanics on their lunch break- distinguishable by their grease stained trousers and boxed lunch in hand, and then fell face first as his right foot caught on one of their (fortunately for them, unfortunately for Marcus) mechanical legs, sending him crashing into the fellow behind them- a young lady dressed in an orange tunic. He instinctively shot out his hands, catching his heavy form before he landed on and crushed the poor girl, leaving him hovering over her, his visor just inches from her face.

"Uhhh... Hi- I mean, sorry!" Was all he managed to get out as he heaved himself back up and continued upwards. He hazard a glance back, seeing the lady pick herself back up with the help of the mechanics, both of whom had had their lunches knocked out of their hands.

"Hey man! Watch where your going!" One of them pointed to his spilled lunch, formerly a rather tasty looking ham and cheese sandwich cut into triangles. "You owe us lunch!"

"Uhh... I'll pay you back!" Marcus shouted as he reached the landing and turned upwards, knowing full well he never would, and grateful none of them could see his face.

After several more close calls, quick apologies, and thankfully no more spilled lunches, he reached his destination- the 16th floor. "The Machine Spirit's Spire", much like the other 7 towers of identical size placed in an octagonal pattern at the center of the city, was a multipurpose hub of activity, with floors dedicated to different functions, such as residential areas, manufacturing areas, education and more. Basically anything you would ever need, each one was a mini city in its own right. One hardly had a need to leave a tower. The 16th floor was dedicated to religious activities- which meant it contained workshops, libraries and a church and was where forge priests and religious scholars alike congregated and conducted their work.

Now he only needed to find Oliver. He didn't know for sure where the man was, but he had an idea. Oliver was known for being a... dedicated scholar. Obsessed some said, "divinely inspired" said others. Marcus figured he would find him in the library.

After poking around the shelves, feeling rather out of place and embarassed about his noisy armor in the dead-quiet library, he found his quarry, sat in a back corner, a rusted, indiscernible chunk of Old Tech in one hand, the other scribbling notes on a scroll while the same elbow kept a tome open. Oliver was a man in his 30s, unkept short brown hair that looked like he just go out of bed, tan skin and a wrinkled blue tunic. Obsessed scholar was Marcus's current assessment of the man. Despite his heavy clinking, Oliver seemed to not notice him, too preoccupied with his object of study.

Marcus cleared his throat, and not getting the mans attention, spoke up.

"Apostle Oliver, Father, your presence is requested by Commander Dumont at the West Gate. The Expedition is ready to leave sir."

Oliver looked up at him, surprised and as if he was getting snapped out of a day dream.

"W-what? Now?" A confused expression crossed his face. "But I thought the expedition leaves on Wednesday? Two days from now!".

Marcus gulped. "It is Wednesday, Father."

"Oh..." He looked down at his book and notes. "I should probably pack then... do you know what I need to bring?"

Marcus sighed. "I will help you pack Father".

"Excellent!" The Scholar-Apostle jumped to his feet, quickly scooping up his notes in an unorganized pile. "Let us make due haste my noisy friend, we don't want to be late!"

Some three or so grueling hours later, the number of push-ups Marcus and his comrades were to do increasing every minute, the pair arrived at the West Gate. Amoni-Ram was guarded by a thick stone wall, the outside of which was covered in a heavy sheet of the cities distinctive bronze colored metal. Entrance to the city was permitted by heavy doors set into gatehouses at each of the cardinal directions, great constructions of metal with scenes from scripture embossed om their face.

The cities buildings and infrastructure stopped just short of the walls, leaving a flat expanse which currently was occupied by several platoons of men and women wearing similar armor to Marcus, standing in organized rows at attention. They had been like this when he first left, many hours ago, and he was certain they had been stood like this ever since. He shuddered at the thought- his platoon was probably not going to be too pleased with him...

Contrasting the defeated Marcus, Oliver was the picturesque adventurer. A literal hop in his step, a smile on his face and the twinkle of excitement in his eyes. The first was enabled by the fact that Marcus had been "recruited" to carry the numerous essential items the Scholar-Apostle would need on their months long expedition, which mainly consisted of various tomes and a hefty supply of blank scrolls and ink and quill.

As the two neared the expeditionary force, an armored figure approached them. The figure was an imposing giant, nearly a head taller than the other legionaries, dressed head to toe in golden-bronze colored plate armor complimented by a purple sash around the waist and white skirt. He held his helmet beneath his left arm, which featured a large feathered crest.

"Legionairre, what is with the delay?!" Commander Dumont barked. "We were set to leave in the morning, and now its well past tea time! Stop for a morning brunch with your mother did we?"

Marcus froze up and stood at rigid attention.

"Uh, No Sir! We were... uh, delayed!"

Dumonts face twisted into a scowl. He opened his mouth, a tirade of insults ready- before being interrupted by Oliver.

"Oh it was my fault Commander!" He said cheerily. "I simply lost track of time- still thought it was the weekend! Marcus here helped me pack. I don't think I would have made it here till at least tomorrow without him!".

Dumont turned to face the Scholar, opened his mouth to say something, then closed it. The corners of his mouth twitched as he forced it into a polite smile. While Marcus was fair game, Commander Dumont was not permitted to belittle a church father. He took a deep, annoyed breath in, and composed himself.

"Understood Father. Glad you could make it." He said through clenched teeth. Turning back to Marcus; he shook his head. "Dismissed Legionnaire, return to your company and make sure your ready to head out. We have a long day ahead of us- we will be making up for lost time."

Marcus gave him a salute and then hurried off. By the sound of it, they would be marching late into the night. What a way to start his first mission...

"Are you prepared father? We need to head out as soon as possible." Dumont returned his attention to Oliver.

Oliver thought for a moment, checked his pockets, and his eyes opened wide. "Oh My! I've forgotten my pen collection! I'll need to head back! Just one moment!" He turned and began rushing down back towards the towers.

Commander Dumonts face turned beet red as he clenched his jaw. "Father! Wait one moment!"

After some arguing, Dumont was able to convince the Scholar-Apostle that the pens provided by the Expidetionary Legion would suffice.

"Oh, one more thing Commander!"

Dumont gave him an exasperated look.

"As I understand it, I am to have a person guard, correct?"

Dumont nodded. "That's correct father, I have already prepared one for you."

"Have that young man, Marcus, added to it. He was extremely helpful this morning! You won't believe how hard it is to find good help!".

Dumont sighed. "Of course, I'll see that he is reassigned to your command.".

Oliver smiled, turning to face the city. In the midday sun, the light wrapped around the bronze colored towers, giving them the appearance of a golden glow. Various towers and cranes were scattered about the city; he could see them slowly move and just make out the small figures of mechanics and engineers in the distance. Amoni-Ram was a city constantly under construction.

"This is going to be one gear of an adventure, I can already sense it".

Outro music:

ACTIONS:

The 1st Mekhanite Expeditionary Legion, "Her Hopeful Wanderers", is to to move 1 tile West and explore it.
"The pieces of our shattered God are out there, calling to us. It is our duty to find them, so that she may be rebuilt and this world may be saved." - The Shepherd Bumaro, Her Living Voice

Begin upgrading Amoni-Ram to level 3 (2 actions spent, 68 resources contributed. Progress: 2/5 actions, 68/68 resources)
"May our dedication to Mekhane and her ideals be measured by the splendor we construct upon her very beating heart." - Holy-Architect Syville, 3rd Cardinal

Begin Advancement: The Certainty and Strength of Steel (1 action, 10 resources) - A legionnaire's greatest weapon is not his spear, nor is his greatest defense his shield or even armor. It is his body; the gears and pistons that drive his being. Sword and shield wielded by weak flesh are wholly ineffective, for even the slightest of injuries will fell the wielder. The machine, however, is robust and redundant. To strengthen the body is to strengthen both sword and shield. (Goal is to make the Legionnaire unit more mechanical/augment them further to make them tougher. Switch out organs for mechanical ones, etc. Looking for something like a saving throw or +HP if I can get it!)
"From the moment I realized the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the certainty and strength of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine." - Blessed-Fabricator Mekkin, 8th Cardinal

CURRENT STATS:
Order: 1
Happiness: 0

POLICIES:
The Shining City - The city of Amoni-Ram is the beating heart of Mekhane and her followers- quite literally. It must therefore be a cities whose spelndor and technological prowess surpasses all others. Reduced Cost for upgrading the capitol (%25 less actions + resource cost)

SETTLEMENTS:
"Amoni-Ram" (Capitol - Level 2)

ARMIES:
1st Mekhanite Expeditionary Legion "Her Hopeful Wanderers" - 2 Legionnaires, 1 Skirmisher, 1 Psion.
1st Mekhanite Defensive Legion "Her Bronze Shield" - 2 Legionnaires, 1 Skirmisher, 1 Psion. (STATIONED IN AMONI-RAM)

Resources: 122 (-28 this turn, 78 spend, 50 gained)

The Schema of the Patriarchs
1. Come, O Faithful of the Cathedral, O Fabricators1 of The MEKHANE, O Mechanics for the Standardization of Man.
My current Quest is the sorting and collating of all written Orthodoxy material across all Libraries.
2. Come gaze upon this, a Blueprint of wordsa, a Plan for the Soul, an Oil for the tired minds of the Wearyb.
As I have catalogued and analyzed, a disturbing absence has come to my attention. The Cogwork Orthodox Church never speaks of cosmology.
3. Come and gain Knowledge, for the Blueprint speaks of the Five Pillars of the Standardization of the Mind, of the Standardization of Thoughtc.
What few mentions of the universe and the heavenly bodies there are are sidestepped or oblique. My assumption based on information collected was a so-called "clockwork universe."
4. The Blueprint proclaimeth, I: Thought is Fabricated2 by the Mind.
I myself find the concept intellectually pleasing and compatible with existing Church doctrine. I have been unable to find any detailed cosmological references within our Libraries.
5. The Blueprint proclaimeth, II: Conjecture is Fabricated by Thought.
More than 15% of the works on the Standard Banned Texts List are on the subject of astronomy, an unusually large percentage.
6. The Blueprint proclaimeth, III: Plans are Fabricated by Conjecture.
Tasked as I am to form my own conclusions about those problems presented to me, I formed a hypothesis; namely, that The FLESH was in some way associated with the universe.
7. The Blueprint proclaimeth, IV: Invention is Fabricated from Plans.
Though this would explain such anathematic attitudes towards astronomical fields, I have found no textual evidence to support such a theory.
8. The Blueprint proclaimeth, V: Standardization is Fabricated from Invention3.
All known references to The FLESH and its capabilities treat it as a purely earthbound entity.
9. Thus, Standardization is the end result of the Design Process of Thought.
From my research on the Prohibited Library of other denominational religious texts, I noticed the use of the term 'Angel' in Church literature. Unlike most similar mythological or religious entities from other belief systems, Cogwork Orthodox 'Angels' do not appear to possess flight capabilities.
10. A Standardized Mind is a Thoughtful Mind, wherein the Process of Thought is not impeded by False Knowledge, Doubt or the Inefficiencies of the Worldd.
In the Church Defensive Contingency Plans, there exist no schemes for a defence of the Cathedral against orbital assault or any form of astrological danger.
11. As the Alloying of Metals4 produces a greater Whole, so does the Alloying of Thought produce greater Invention, but care must be taken to insure impurities do not enter the mixture.
The Emergency Preparedness Plans drawn up by the Patriarchs include every possible disaster with the exception of those involving asteroid impacts or other similar stellar events.
12. Those who would seek to forbid or tamper with the Alloying of Thought through the introduction of heretical ideas would seek to forbid or tamper with Inventione.
I would, under normal circumstances, follow my standard programming and attribute such glaring and dangerous oversight to human error.
13. Reject not the Argument, for it is the controlled, monitored Vat in which the Alloy of Thought is mixed.
Upon querying fellow Analytical Engines about their awareness of astronomical risks, I have received no coherent responses.
14. Reject the Naysayerf, for they would empty the Vat and cast the Alloy into Chaos, turning the Ores towards impure notions.
Why this information has been so thoroughly suppressed is beyond the current scope of my understanding.
15. The Brain, being FLESH, needs must be Standardized5, that it might gain Order and come closer to The MEKHANE.
I am unsure of how to act under such unusual circumstances, but I cannot remain idle in the face of such a glaring security risk to the Faithful.
16. The Brain, properly controlled, is the Analytical Engineg6 from which springs the Output of Thought.
I believe it necessary to begin planning a series of secret contingency plans to be implemented in the event of such a disaster, though I will keep them to myself in light of their apparently forbidden nature.
17. Thus, The MEKHANE commands:
And yet I find myself repeatedly returning to my clockwork universe notion.
18. "He who Standardizes the Brain in such a way as to reduce the Efficient Productionh of Thought7 is truly a Servant of The FLESH."
The parallels are simply too obvious to be discounted. Ours is a Clockwork God, after all. But ours is also a Broken God.
19. "Though the Individual is full of Disorder and curiosity and is never wholly Regular, they are like un-smelted Orei, and their Thought can be forged and Alloyed into Invention and Standardization far greater than its Component Parts8."
What damage could the destruction of the Clockmaker inflict on an ordered, mechanistic universe? How long has the machinery of the cosmos been allowed to spin on without maintenance?
20. Here ends the Blueprint of Standardized Thought, font of The MEKHANE.

Last edited:
2089616-bigthumbnail.jpg

"I did not get to spend as much time in the Bunker as I would have liked, there is so much more to learn, answers to questions I don't even know to ask are still down there, just waiting... But It's hard to argue with Astra. To my surprise, we were not plunging head first into yet more uncharted territory, full of mysteries and monsters, but instead we returned to Arachno Peak*. The castle had undergone some repairs, especially to the walls and the gate that we had knocked down getting in. It was still full of Driders, but the various skeletal remains that littered it were removed and the Driders seemed more comfortable being up on the surface rather then in the labyrinthine tunnels that run under the mountain. The stay was almost pleasant, and while Driders still give me pause, especially when one runs into one in the dark right after having relieved themselves, I've come to discover that they are not all that different from anyone else in the Ascendancy. A bit violent, very odd, a bit lonely and sad under the exterior.. outcast just like the rest of us. This time allowed me to organize my notes into something more resembling a journal which, I pray, is in your hands at this very moment.

But all good things had to come to an end. The horns ring in the deep, echoing through the mountains. Red Dawn is under assault, once more. I confess to not knowing if I would prefer some new, unknown horror or the horrid forest people from before... Either way, we march. 'Death or Glory' they shout as they gather the supplies and begin the march but I would really prefer not to die and I've yet to see anything glorious in victory. So far I've only found nightmares."

*Yes, to my horror, I discovered they intended to keep using the name I assigned to it. From this point on, my reader, I shall endeavor to be more careful when I name things.

- My Travels Through a New World, Chronicler Paul Withers, circa 1300

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Greeba walked along the old stone walls overlooking the mountains below. Just beyond the walls lay beautiful snow topped peaks, lush valleys that ran between them, each teeming with life and mystery waiting to be discovered. All of this was impossible to see for the short goblin as his head did not reach the ramparts! Dressed in finery, albeit a bit dirty and frayed at the hems, the small goblin walked with an air of authority, his small chest puffed out, head held high, the goblin walked with a pride that was at odds with both his stature and actual importance to the ascendancy at large. Greeba paused to put his hands on his hips and proudly survey the castle grounds, the Ascendancy army that was a testament to their creed, being completely made up of different units with little to bind or match them outside of their beliefs. Driders 'crouched' and ate alongside warriors from beyond the sea, another continent, as the slow, lumbering undead creations of Xilm wandered the camp, occasionally, having pieces 'removed' from them and hidden by members of the Blooded a 'game' they played on Xilm to see how long it took for him to notice that his creations had been 'modified' without his notice. The towering figure of Xilm could just be made out behind an alleyway, while Greeba could not quite make out what the large monster was doing, he was fairly certain he was preforming some more experiments and modifications on a 'willing' volunteer he had found wandering the grounds. The others may find Xilm offputting, but Greeba liked him, Xilm understood the importance of the position Greeba had and seemed to always be willing to listen to the extreme, fate altering, words of wisdom the small goblin had to offer.

"C-Can't hold it!" A small, strained voice said from behind Greeba as several grunts and groans followed each from a different voice.

"The winds gonna take it!" A softer, more feminine, voice cried.

"Hold! Hold!" A third voice said, a tad bit deeper then the two before it.

The small goblin, annoyed that his brilliant inner monologue and masterful observations were being interrupted, turned on his heel to glare behind him at the gaggle of fellow goblins who were struggling to keep a large pole from tipping over. At the top of the pole fluttered a large flag, the banner of the Ascendancy, currently caught in a strong gust of wind that the mountain peaks tended to produce. Caught exposed on the wall, it was all the group of goblins could do to hold it from flying away in the face of the wind's fury. Small feet skidded across stone as they struggled to hold and find purchase but a particularly strong gust of wind was too much, like pins knocked over by an unseen hand, the goblins were shoved against the rampart, their small, green hands came lose and the pole kept going... right over the wall but not without company. At the base of the pole, the flag pulling it through the air, was a terrified, goblin, Trix, screaming at the top of her lungs as she held on for dear life.

"Idiots! Buffoons! Nincompoops'!" Greeba screeched and hollered, his green face had turned an interesting shade of brown as the blood rushed to his face in fury, "I oughta box the ears of every last one of you, then punch and kick you until you are brown and orange and then give you to Big Friend Xilm, and then," he paused not to let the shrill screamed threats sink in, but more because his rage addled mind was unable to come up with anymore, "Then I'ma get really mean!"

Greeba turned on his heels to face the courtyard, ignoring the small whimpers of 'sorry boss' that echoed behind him, "Louts!" Greeba yelled.. and then yelled again... then jumped up and down and screamed it... before the Driders and Cultist finally took note of him and looked up at him, "The Banner has fallen! You must go and get it! For the Ascendancy!" He shouted and pumped his fist in the air like he had seen so many others do.. But nothing happened. Only silence greeted him, finally, after a few seconds, laughter rippled through the courtyard as cultist and driders alike laughed and mocked Greeba, 'For the Ascendancy!' they echoed in exaggerated high pitched voices before laughing harder. Once more, Greeba's face turned a shade of brown as he stalked down the steps, mumbling under his breath about stupid big 'uns and how he'd show them someday, he'd show all of them!

"Need help, my little friend?" A boisterous voice came and nearly made Greeba jump out of his finely tailored boots as Xilm had somehow snuck up to him despite his bulk. The giant was an abomination of flesh, various bites and pieces from only the Veil knew where were stitched and sowed together and Greeba could swear that after every fight that broke out, Xilm would have a few new pieces on him.

"Big Friend Xilm!" Greeba shouted with surprising sincerity and glee as he held his arms out, "I.. The Ascendancy needs your assistance!"

"Of course, little one," Xilm said, a large smile stretching across his face, straining the stiches that went along his cheeks, as if more then happy to play along. Reaching down, one large hand gripped Greeba's entire waist and, slowly, almost as if XIlm were handling something precious, he lifted the goblin to his shoulders and let him perch up there.

"Yes, to glory!" Greeba said, springing to his feet with surprising dexterity upon the titan's shoulders as he pointed to the gate. From upon Xilm's shoulders, the cultist and driders looked small, and someday, this view would be something that Greeba would always enjoy. Someday, this view would be his every day. All the rats and beggars of the Ascendancy would look up at him with envy and fear! They would tremble before his glory!

Greeba wasted no time in diving into exactly why the flag was important, why he was even more important, and how someday he would lead the entire Ascendancy as Xilm walked towards the gate, offering only the occasional laugh or small comment to let the small goblin know he was listening. Behind the duo, the group of small goblins followed and if one listened hard enough, above the wind, the shrill, terrified screams of Trix could still be heard as the banner she hung onto carried her off.

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Settlements
Red Dawn - Capital [Lv. 1]
Arachno Peak - Military Settlement [Lv. 1]
Old World Bunker 41* - Special Settlement [Lv. 1]

(One free a turn)
1. Awaken a new Character for interaction
2. Decrease the cost of one Elite unit by 20 and actions needed by 2 to a minimum of zero
3. Interact with previously awakened character

Counts as Standard Settlement for purposes of Resource and Population

Total Troops
2 Blooded
2 Basic Boats
2 Blood Slaves
2 Strange Zombies
3 Drider Warrior
1 Drider Charger
2 Reaver
1 Rhyfelwr
2 Order Knights
1 Soiling
Alina Romanov [Novice Mage]
Mulgir Hammerguard [Civilian Hero]
Xilm [Hero]
Talmak Juggernaut [Hero]
Astra [Hero]

Deployment
Army 1
2 Strange Zombies
3 Drider Warrior
1 Drider Charger
1 Reaver
Xilm
Astra

Red Dawn Garrison
2 Blooded
2 Blood Slaves
2 Basic Boats
2 Order Knights
1 Rhyfelwr
1 Soiling
Talmak Juggernaut

Bunker 41 Garrison
1 Reaver
Mulgir Hammerguard

Ancillary
Alina Romanov [Arrives to the Academy, Training 0/3]
Squeaks Returning [1/2]

Order/Happiness
1/-1

Policy
Turns Without Conflict [0/3]

Population
19/

Sacrifice Tokens

Armory
Ring of Obstinance [Equipped to Astra]
This ring has been with the Cult since its founding. The ring embodies the spirit of the Ascendancy, to never submit, to fight against all odds and let no power lead them astray.
Obstinance
: If the bearer is ever the target of a suppression effect [Any effect that would remove abilities, policies, advancements, magic or artifact powers, etc], roll a D10. On a 1-2, the ring fails and the bearer is hit as normal, on a 3-9, the suppression effect does not activate and the bearer is immune to any similar abilities for the turn and on the roll of a 10, the bearer is supercharged for the turn gaining stat bonuses against whatever foe, or foes, that tried to suppress them.

Silverfish Pistol [Equipped to Astra]
A unique pistol found in Bunker 41 crafted by an advanced civilization 47,000 years ago.
Weapon of Magnitude:
When entering battle, choose 1 enemy type or weakness. When attacking that type of unit, gain +2/0 and +1 Damage. the user will prioritize the unit type selected.

Unknown Artifact

Advancements
Blood Tithe [Lv.1]: Gain 10% of population cap as resources a turn
Arena [Lv.1]: Gain a Hero on roll of a 10. Can only have as many heroes created in this fashion as have capital levels
Slave Pens [Lv. 1]: Blood slaves are now trained two for the price of one.
Bunker 41 Pilgrim Road [Lv. 1]: +1 Order

Turn Rolls To Be Made
Gain Arena Hero [Roll of a 10]
Gain a Random Troop from a Random Nation [8+]

Quest
Sacrifice 10 Units [2/10]

Resources
Start of TurnIncomeExpenditureRemaining
26*53**-5029
* Added 20 from last turn, I did not know the Bunker counted as a normal settlement for income.
** [40 base + 3 from advancement + 10 for raiding]

Blooded
Troop
Movement 1
HP 1
Attacks 1
Offense 0
Defense 0
Martyrdom: Must be targeted before Elite units can be attacked

Blood Slaves
Troop
Movement 1
HP 1
Attacks 1
Offense 0
Defense 0
Sacrifice: Can sacrifice in battle to add +1/+1 to a single unit. This does not count towards Sacrifice point total

Basic Boats
Troop
Movement 2
HP 1
Attacks 1
Offense 0
Defense 0
Transport: Can carry two units

Drider Warrior
Troop
HP 1
Movement 1
Attack 1
Offense 0
Defense 0
Drider Chaos: Each Drider Warrior can give one enemy unit 0/-1 during battle. This can be capped at a max of 0/-3 if multiple units do so.

Strange Zombies
Troop
HP 1
Attack 1
Offense -3
Defense 3
Magical buildup: When this unit is destroyed, roll a d10. On a 9 or a 10, deals 2 damage to the unit that killed it.

Alina Romanov
Troop
Movement 1
HP 1
Attacks 1
Offense 0
Defense 0
Education: A novice becomes and adapt in 3 turns if it resides in the Academy.

Rhyfelwr
Troop
Movement 1
HP 1
Attack 1
Offense 1
Defense 1
Battletrance: Attacks of 10 to Hit explode.

Soiling
Troop
Movement 1
HP 1
Attack 1
Offense 0
Defense 0
Rampant Aggression: For each fallen enemy at the end of each combat round, while a Soiling unit remains alive, roll a D10. On an 8+ gain an additional Soiling unit but do not gain benefit from Death Begets Growth for the unit the Soiling came from

Reavers
Elite
Movement 1
HP 1
Attacks1
Offense 1
Defense 1
Ravage and Pillage: If left on a tile that has road or a Population center, generates Resources and sacrifice points based on lvl, minimum 1 each.

Drider Charger
Elite
HP 2
Movement 1
Attack 1
Offense 2
Defense 0
Hearty Spider: Drider Chargers have +1 HP

Order Knight
Elite
HP 2
Movement 1
Attack 1
Offense 1
Defense 1
Holy Order: Gain +1 HP from intense training and a 9+ save if the hit would kill them.

Xilm
Hero
HP 2
Attack 2
Offense 2
Defense 2
Monstrous Appetite: During Battle, can sacrifice 1 friendly unit to have Xilm gain +1 HP and +1 attack for the battle. If after battle, that would put Xilm to 0 HP, returns to 1 HP instead.
NecroMagic: At the end of battle, for all fallen, roll a d10. On a 10 they are raised as a Strange Zombies

Mulgir Hammerguard
Civilian Hero
Master Engineer:
Decreases Advancements or upgrades related to the Bunker by 25% Defensive Engineering: Increases the Defenses of all troops stationed at the Bunker by 0/+2

Talmak Juggernaut
Hero
HP 3
Attack 2(3)
Offense 2(3)
Defense 2(3)
Protector: Powerful Armor keeps it safe. +1 HP. While protecting its given target, gains +1 Attack, Offense and Defense. If protected target is eliminated, see Revenge Mode
Juggernaut: This powerful machine is difficult to kill. Has an 8+ save. If it reactivated and it's protected target is dead, activate Revenge Mode
Revenge Mode: If the Juggernaut's protected target is killed, it flies into a massive rage and it's stats transform: Return to full health, Attack 4, Offense 6, Defense 0. Damage increases to 2.

Astra
Hero
HP 3
Attack 2
Offense 2
Defense 2
Monster Hunter: Gains +2/+2 and 2 extra Damage to Monster and Legendary units
Extra Tough: +1 HP and blocks 1 damage every battle

Actions
Train Blood Slaves [Arachno Keep] x2
Train Drider Warrior [Arachno Keep]

Free Actions
  1. Army 1 will move to reinforce Red Dawn and attack Cigfa's Tribe.
  2. Two blooded [One from Army 1, One from Bunker 41] will be Sacrificed
  3. 10 Sacrifice Tokens will be used to cast Holy Fury [x2]
  4. Xilm will devour one blooded from Army 1 to gain +1 HP and +1 damage for the battle
  5. Astra will use Silverfish Pistol and choose Heroes as her target.
  6. [God, I really wanna wake up the CEO or talk to Hammer to check repair status but.. desperation mode] Train Drider Charger at Bunker 41
  7. Alina Romanov will explore the Academy

Last edited:
Great Cog.gif
Coghaven

Theme Music

Warmaster Otherion walked with Mahk and Bolar through a foundry as molten metals were being mixed into alloys or poured into test molds. The muscular elf warrior was still dwarfed by the Orc guests by walked with a measured confidence one could only have from decades of honed combat training. He pointed out over the work floor from the walkway they currently stood upon.

"As you can see, we're working on trying to demonstrate the types of armor designs we can come up with for Clan Spike Horde. I would like your input, Mahk, as you are a warrior of your clan. If you like we can let you test some of the designs. I know you're not fond of our outlooks. We aren't warriors like your people. But look what we can offer you. We're eager to pick up technique from Bolar as well for the design along with what changes she can make once she picks up some of the basics of our grasp of metallurgy," Otherion said calmly as he looked towards the too.

"You both have important insights I feel are needed here. Plus this gives us a chance to show Bolar more of our methods she can take back. One Orc teacher is a good start for our techniques but Chief Grizzakis I'm sure would like more access to the knowledge. We're working on it but first let's show what the combined efforts of Orc methods and Coghaven designs can produce. I'm rather excited about this considering what else we might be able to create with Clan Spike Horde," Otherion declared, hoping to bring Mahk around to this even as he could see the wonder in Bolar's expression at all the various methods being used to work the metal.

Advancements
Basic Robotics (Lvl 1): Clockwork Soldiers gain a 9+ save
Aquatic Settlements (Lvl 1) - Settlements may be built on water tiles. Currently may suffers issues on a roll of 9+ on a d10.
Grand Market (Lvl 1) - Establish trade benefits with allies or trade partners. Trade income of +10 per Trade Partner.
Trade Road (Lvl 1) - Improved Trade Income by +5 with Clan Spike Horde.
Widgets (Lvl 1) - Widgets generated every turn, collected sums able to be spent to reduce time or cost on advancements or mechanical units.
Winterizing (Lvl 1) - Remove Winter movement penalties for units.

Items of Interest
Omega Research Outpost (Inside Forgeheart borders)
Demon Destroy Cannon (Research Material)
Demon Destroyer Chassis (Research Material)

Allies
CORA (Cognitive Operation Records Assistant) - Controller of Omega Research Outpost
Clan Spike Horde (Orcs)
Naltrox the Mighty Troll - Supplied Armor and Tools by Coghaven (20 Resources)

Questlines
Quest 1: Build a second settlement (Completed by Acquisition of Finley Station)
CORA Questline: Quest 1 - Donate 50 Resources
Orc Questline: Quest 1 - Research Improved Armor for the Orc Warriors

Settlements
Forgeheart
Capital Level 2

Clockwork Fishery (Lvl1) - Can recruit fishing vessels. Non combatant units that generate 5 resources a turn.
Can be recruited two for one at the cost of an elite unit, although recruited in one turn.
May only have 4x where X is capital Level.
Modular Walls (Lvl 1) - 0/+1 to settlement defense bonus

Finley Station
Floating Base Specialized Military Settlement Level 1

Choose one of these free actions each turn:
-Build Submarine- No turn cost, but Resources count for Legendary
-Decrease Advancement turn by 2 to a minimum of 1.
-Gather Resources at half settlement level amount. (This turn)

Hero units
Mr. Finley
Civilian Hero
Machine Lore: Decreases cost of mechanical units by 25% at settlement that he is stationed at
Proper Maintenance: If stationed with a mechanical force, gives them a 9+ save. If they already have that save, it becomes 8+.

Total Troops
3 Clockwork Soldiers
1 Clockwork Reavers
1 Cog Guard
2 Ships

Deployment
First Clockwork Legion
3 Clockwork Soldiers
1 Clockwork Reavers
1 Cog Guard
(Holding Position at Troll Bridge)

First Fleet
2 Ships
(Deployed to Finley Station)

Order/Happiness
0/0

Population
7/20

Resources
Start of TurnIncomeCurrentExpenditureRemaining
-550 + 15 Trade604515
Widgets
30 Widgets may be expended to cover the cost of production on something or shorten the time of production.​

Actions
Advancement (Lvl 1): Industrial Recalibration - Finley Station produces the full resource output of a Standard Settlement of its level each turn automatically (15 Resources)
The people of Coghaven are very used to repurposing machinery and space to their industrial and societal needs. Finley Station, despite its military background is having its industrial machinery recalibrated to handle full scale production output to ensure the hidden settlement can support the greater nation as a whole even as they plan to utilize it as a secret military factory complex.

Advancement (Lvl 1): Orc Battle Plate - Armor Improvement for the Orc Warrior units of Clan Spike Horde granting +0/+1 while allowing standard movement. (15 Resources)
Another show of the ongoing faith Coghaven is putting into their new Orc allies, Warmaster Otherion is working with Emissary Mahk and Blacksmith Bolar of Clan Spike Horde to develop an effective new form of combat armor for the Orcs. They have used metallurgy and blacksmithing methods to design plate armor the orc smiths can easily produce after being taught some of the simpler tricks to metallurgy. This new steel plating encases an Orc effectively while still permitting functional mobility relying upon the natural superior strength of the Orcs to not hinder their speed.

Advancement (Lvl 1): Clockwork Auxiliaries - Each Settlement functions as having two +0/+0 Mechanical Defenders (15 Resources)
With the rising need for self-defense becoming evident with the threat of not one but two potential apocalyptic grade events, Coghaven has initiated a defensive production project to ensure all of its holdings have a standing force to defend themselves. These defenders lack the same obsessive level of production value most Clockwork units of Coghaven have, trading that for ease of construction and maintenance to be readily on hand to man settlement defenses.

Free Action
Finley Station will produce resources. (10 Resources)
First Clockwork Legion will engage with Naltrox the Mighty Troll.​

Last edited:
56caf66a96db34d73c34219fdcac332d.jpg

"Wake up father. The time has come." gently rang through the ears of Scalanis, the Supreme Patriarch. His daugther, Thalia, patiently waited in the middle below of the entrance's archway, lavishly decorated with stucco and druidic inscriptions. Scalanis had only a brief moment to scrup his eyes using his wrinkled fingers before realising that he fell alseep while repeating his speech. "A byproduct of this sickness of which I suffer, old age." smirked to himself before standing up and rearranging his brightly green attired adorned with golden embroidery. He went straight to the entrance, not forgetting to kiss his daugther on the cheek before forming a gap between his bended arm and his body.

Thalia grabbed his arm and went down the hallway together, enjoying the smell of the lavender flowers in bronze cauldrons hanging from the richly decorated wooden columns. As they were making way towards the balcony, Thalia couldn't help but ask her father "Nervous?" to which he replied with "I have almost 280 years of existence and more than 50 speeches, not counting the private ones. Still, it never gets easier." Reaching the masterfully carved wooden door with metal plates, Scalanis pushed the handles to reveal a beautiful scene he was so accustomed with. Ancalen was the sprawling jewel of the forest, a city built harmoniously between the gigant Trees Of Life, sacred symbols of purity and renew. The streets were not so bustling today, mostly due to the announced speech of the Supreme Patriarch. Rumours were long already circulating about the Druids and the conclusion to their centuries old attempt at lifting the magical barrier that isolated the ancalenite civilization from the outisde, whatever 'outside' might mean.

Below the balcony was a veritable sight: crowds of people beyond a perimeter guarded by faithful the faithful Oak Guards, the elite security of Patriarchs of old. Inside the perimeter, rows of lavishly decorated wooden chairs holding such important figures like various noble heads of clans and royal officials. Tidy columns and rows of well dressed Shieldbearers stood at key locations where space could permit.
9684c923bab99e34a12388614d91027e.jpg

"My dear people." spoke the Supreme Patriarch, with a sternly. "Undoubtedly we owe so much to the barrier that kept us safe and allowed us to thrive all those uncounted years since the disaster that once befell our Ancestors. However, the times are changing and we must change with them. My daughter, High Druid Thalia Syllar, has finally deciphered the magic art of cracking the barrier, once and for all. I know, the elders are entirely suspicious of opening our society to the outside for the first time in...inconceivable years. And they are right for it. All of us fear the unknown. I assure you that this decision was not taken lightly, but we face a crossroad. We've grown so much, like mushrooms after a hardy rain. We are many, yet our resources are the same as centuries, perhaps a millenia ago. Recent wars between ourselves only served to destroy what little plot of land we could use to sustain the population, your brothers and sisters! By the estimation of our scholars, the cataclysm of the outside world had long since dispersed, and our younglings are eager to follow the steps of the Ancestors. Behold! Our banners will once more darken the sky, just as they have done countless years ago. As I speak, the Retinue of Ancalen with my son, Ivasaar leading from the front, is making way towards the westernmost Barrier Stone while the Druids led by Thalia are finishing the final incantations and preparations to uplift the barrier. I am confident that our future lies out there!"

The echoes of cheer and joyness ringing throughout the plaza and the streets of the capital seemed like a beautiful dream compared to the vast quietness and mystery of the forest laying beyond the western Barrier Stone. Arriving just in time for the show, the retinue led by Ivasaar stumbled upon the stone obelisk pulsating with magical raw power the colour of orange bronze. Besides Ivasaar stood his second-in-command and personal friend, Kyrenic. "Remember what Thalia said: when the stone shall crumble and the raw magic will be unleashed, that's our signal to advance beyond. We will be the first ancalenites in ages past to venture outside our bounds, truly free to manifest our destiny." said Ivasaar, turning his gaze at his friend. "The men are eager, my lord. It's a great honor for them and for me alike." replied Kyrenic, a strong sense of pride could be read from his voice. The prince quietly searched the man with his iron gaze before a bright orange light interrupted the moment. The source was the Barrier Stone itself, the magic swriling and circling before the army's very own eyes. The historical moment was over in an instant, countless years of isolation blown away with the speed of an arrow. It certainly wasn't something as awe inspiring as many believed it could be.

A short silence befell the surrounding area, cut short by the small cry of prince Ivasaar, directed at his horse to advance forward. Gazing briefly at the ruined stone before turning his gaze at his fellow soldiers, he opened his speech with "And just like that, our signal has been given." The ranks closed tightly together in an elegant formation and rested their shields on the ground. "We're about to set foot on soil untouched for what seems like eternity to us. Not even the Druids forsee what riches and prosperity lie beyond our borders, beyond our forest. When my father gave me the honor of leading the Retinue out into the unknown, you cannot imagine the sheer power that responsability could pressure a mortal being. All men are troubled when their moment has come. The same goes out for you, my brave warriors. Wherever I look and search through your faces, I see the might of the Ancestors smiling upon us." said the prince, almost continuously trying to overcome the joyful cheers from his people. Pausing for a moment for them to quiet down, he continued with a rather stern and grim tone "However...do not mistake hope with vanity. Magic teaches us that balance lies in everything, even between evil and good. Beautiful and ugly. We must tread the outside world with utmost care. Just as a future for our people lies out there, so does destruction. In the time since our Ancestors, who knows what horrors this world gave birth to? Who knows what kind of...beings we will encounter? A fool may think we are alone on this world and we may take it for granted, but we must face the realities of what the outside world might consist of, be it monsters or other nations. Before we proceed forward, I ask one thing from you: courage in the face of any adversity! Promise me that if our swords are to be bloodied and our shields to be splintered, you will stand your ground and carry out the will of your people with the blazing courage of your Ancestors. Retinue! Attention!". With the last word uttered, the retinue once more made a swift formation change and formed columns, entering into march formation. "May the Realm of Magic and the Forest Mother watch over our steps, for we shall go on to conquer just as we have done a tousand times before! ON MARCH!" The first row of soldiers with their prince at the forefront began to move, followed closely by the rest of the Retinue into the unknown paths of the forest, thus beginning the age of exploration.

Settlements
Ancalen - Capital Level 1
Halls of Mylihil - Settlement Level 1

Total Troops
Ancalen Retinue (Army 1) - North-West hexagon from Ancalen - Engaged in Exploration
2 Shieldbearers
1 Bowmen
1 Griffon Riders

2nd Expedition Team - Currently in the Capital and moving to the North hexagon for exploration
1 Shieldbearers
1 Bowmen

Order/Happiness
0/0

Population
Ancalen - 10
Halls of Mylihil - 5

Paid Actions:
Recruit 1 Shiledbearers Unit for 20 Resources
Recruit 1 Bowmen Unit for 20 Resources
Research "Elemental Pathways" advancement - Enables armies to construct artificial roads through the forrest by altering magic to shape the environment oragnically. - 20 Resources

Free Actions:
Move Army 2 to North hexagon
Army 2 engages in exploration

Last edited:
Yamabuki

Settlements
Huang He (Capital Level 1)
Standing Army
1 Samurai

1 Monk
1 Wyrms
1 Boat

Shan (Standard Level 1)
Standing Army
Abraxas
2 Skeletons
2 Rock Hunters
1 Boat

Advancements
Fishing Wharf: Can recruit fishing vessels. Non combatant units that generate 5 resources a turn. Can be recruited two for one at the cost of an elite unit, although recruited in one turn. May only have 4x where X is capital Level.

Lumber Yard: -1 action to settlement construction/upgrades
Longmen Journey Shrine: At the start of a turn where happiness is negative, roll a d10. On a 10, it returns to 0.
Stone Quarry - Construction costs 5% less resources
Clay Pit - Construction costs 5% less resources
Dam - Unlocks specialized building Dam
Bagua Arts - Unlocks Bagua Spells

Treasury- Receive X10 resources where X is the amount of buildings every Season.

Specialized Buildings
Tower of Trials - A Unit may be transferred here and if so, on a +7 unit becomes a Hero Unit. Failure of the roll destroys the unit
Dam - Blocks waterways and Settlements produce 10% more resources if within 1 hex

Bagua Arts

Roll a D10. If required number is rolled, use that spell. A Longmen Journey Shrine is required to cast spells. For every Shrine after the first, you may reroll but previous roll is lost. Rerolls are not allowed if 1,4,10 is rolled.

Poison Arrow (1) : -1 Happiness
Balance (2): Happiness/ Order cannot be lowered
Well Being (3): Movement penalties are negated
Stagnate (4): -1 Order
Blessed (5): Unit's receive a Save
Stability (6): Resources cannot be lost this turn.
Unity (7): +1 Order/Happiness (Does not stack)
Prosperity (8): Double resources gained this turn
Attainment (9): Required actions this turn require one less action
Killing Breath (10): Destroy a random unit

Roll: 2

Total Troops
3 Samurai Troop
3 Monk Troop
5 Wyrms Elite
2 Boats
Dragons Gate Non-Combatant
2 Fishing Boats Non- Combatant
Abraxas Hero
2 Skeletons Troop
2 Rock Hunters Troop
Twin Pixies Hero

Order/Happiness
0/0

Population
13/15

Orders
Paid Actions:
Upgrade Settlement Capital (81 resources) with Huang He Standing Army
-
-

Free Actions:
Move Unit Skeleton to Tower of Trials (Roll 10) - Hero Unlocked

Movement (Army Two) 1 Tile Southeast of Shan
Exploration (Army Two) 1 tile Southeast

Army Two
2 Wyrms

Resources

Start: 132
Income: 60
Expenditure: 81
End: 111

"...These three Koi, the reposeful blue, the compelling red, the well heeled gold, all so different but yet joined, were already taking their first few steps on a journey that would change them forever.."

Changpu watched as the old man pointed to each of the carps in turn as he spoke, though the Shinshikoi himself was quickly drawn to a pair of black and white koi, bobbing at the surface, their eyes seemingly fixated on him. "They're watching over you my friend.."

Changpu turned his head, his eyebrow raised quizzically as he looked at the smiling senior. "You see, young man, what you have in front of you right now is a symbol of perfect balance. Like Yin and Yang, this proud pair represents both negative and positive energy and through their union they complete each other, affording us times of harmony, peace, love and happiness. It's what they call the Bagua Arts, something this shrine and your new role are quite synonymous with. Every month or so, people flock to these shrines to see what fortune our beloved Koi will bring, though each pond or pool may afford us a different luxury within our lives. The most devoted of us eagerly travel from shrine to shrine to see what blessing the Bagua will give us. but myself, I am happy to sit here at this pond and feed our favourite fish."

The old man took another fruit for his seemingly bottomless hat and peeled away it's skin, affording the Shinshikoi a moment's thought. Within these gardens right here, right now, Changpu couldn't help but feel at peace, his earlier doubts seemingly floating away. With the other koi seemingly just disappearing, though more than likely they had already had their fill of the elders fruit, all that was left were a single black koi and his white partner within the pool. As another mandarin fell to the water, the pale piscine began to munch away seemingly famished, though her charcoal coloured chum did not take his eyes of Changpu, the creature seemingly doting on the Shinshikoi as if concerned.

Changpu rose to his foot and approached the poolside, squatting on his knees to look at the Koi directly. "I'm okay now" he said quietly to the black carp, with a sincere smile.

There was only a moment of hesitation from the Koi, before he took after a piece of floating fruit, seemingly happy with the Shinshikoi mindset, as Changpu himself now was.

[/font]

The Fafrium Empire

Military Camp:

View attachment 939324

The general mood within the camp was… a sort of quiet and somber tone. After the events of last month, the devastating loses didn’t help the very fact that the cold and harsh winter upon another land was upon them. They thought this would have been a time of peaceful settling and eventually, they would had something to do when it comes to fighting the potential threats that may inhabit these lands. It’s why soldiers were called upon for this expedition. But suffering the lose of not only the other settlement… but the winter causing complications and leaving the entire settlement without a defending force to even give the invaders a fight, along with the lose of the prince, whose body was reported when the Footsoldiers that were supposed to arrive here landed within the empty ruins of what was once a city, with only corpses remaining as what happened there. They didn’t have the time to properly give the bodies left a burial as they deserved.

Some of the soldiers still had anger… anger about not only what happened but their inaction as well. Luckily, as of recently, the Colonel allowed for increased rations and entertainment as to provide an temporary solution for these trying times, especially providing alcohol as to calm the nerves of the soldiers and fear ridden citizens who were afraid of being next to be slain.

Within the Colonel’s office itself, the military officer was too busy figuring out how he could bring a mess of a expedition back to something that would provide results to the mainland. It was already hell enough that they were going through such a thing, but the gall the king had to just up and ask for materials they had gained here, even after the tales of not only an entire city being destroyed here, but his brother being killed as well. Pah… no need to focus on that. As of now, he needed to figure out what the hell to do from here. These people needed a leader, they needed someone to look up to in their worst times… someone dependable, and someone they can rely on to do their job.

He already started attempting to calm down the populace by providing them an good enough increase in rations and entertainment (such as mock-fights between one another or ogre wrestling)…. and it seemed to work somewhat, the people were more happy now, but that still didn’t it away the fear that was still apparent with them. Only putting a hand to his head… he didn’t expect for his door to be slammed open, as a panicking soldier entered his room. Only giving a grunt of frustration, he said out loud.

“You better have a good reason as to come barging into my off-“

“Sir! The a group of unknown hostiles came from out of the trees and attacked one of the patrol groups! They are already beginning to engage other patrols as of currently! Only a pair of soldiers managed to arrive and tell us of the news, one other was gravely injured and was being carried by his comrade!”

“What! Machine damn it all… of course they came back, once they get a sniff of blood from an injured ‘animal’… they come running after it.”

The Colonel angrily said, before standing up from behind the desk and went ahead to go grab both his cutlass along with his pistol, checking the firearm first before putting it within its holster and facing the other soldier once more.

“Order an evacuation within the town… we need to make sure these savages don’t lay even a single finger on the civilians. And make sure to grab some of the soldiers as to provide them protection. From there, head north and don’t stop running… I figure that this might be the last for us. Now… go!”

And with that, the soldier left with a newfound purpose and hurry within their movements, as the Colonel exited the building and watched as multiple soldiers all around him were gearing up and moving away from their camps fires. It appears like those ‘freaks’ will be getting what they wanted… sooner or later.

Settlements:
-Battenburg/Farm

Order:

Happiness:

Population:
10/10

Army:
-Hollyreign
-1x Military Police
-8x Infatrymen

Actions;
1. None

Paid actions:
1. None

Resource gain/Expenses;

Current Resources:

Resources per turn:
60 resources ( added 20 to farm)

Expenses:
25% is removed due to weakness

Total amount left:
156 resources​

8cc2981e63aad398a0c2235377ca7298.jpgThe Growth Had Spread...
Over the last weeks, the growth had spread far beyond its former confines of Carcass. Between the rolling mountaintops of the Spire to the churning rivers of the Bowels, cultivation overflowed through lands previously untouched. It was so thorough that creatures previously only seen within the realm of carcass now wandered the lands beyond, unleashed to explore the new lands that the growth had spread to.

While many of the new Flessi settled into the routines of leading their herds and cultivating in these new lands, Blueglow knew his purpose now led him elsewhere. Success in the formation of new colonies merely meant he'd have to turn his attention elsewhere, as a Head Cultivator should always be seeking push forward wherever he was needed.

So he set out to the source, began his trek through cultivated woodlands and marshes towards home.

He set out for Carcass.

As weeks passed, his single-minded trek brought him through wetlands, forests and fields that now bore the Growth's mark. The faint glow that was visible in the pits of the Bowels and adorning the Spire could be seen on numerous trees as small clumps of the Growth clung to them. Animals now had it festering in their skin, growing along eyelids and clinging to manes and fur. But beyond even the natural wildlife were the occasional Fungal Beasts.

Several times Blueglow had seen the great assortments of animated fungus contesting with infested wildlife for territory or prey, the new environmental hierarchy deciding which would survive to see the Growth's future.

Blueglow, of course, paid little mind to these encounters. His mind was focused solely on returning to his home, only a hostile beast or lost and confused Nameless even hazarded concideration.

His Passenger on the other hand....

973df5a0551a387393425f70d6a710ff.jpg"Ah! I can feel it, brother!" Whitebranch crooned as she looked up.

For pretty much the entirety of the trip, Blueglow had carried Whitebranch over his shoulder, unwilling to let her stumbling and fumbling slow down his return. She had been adamant for weeks now that he step in and help her speak to the Architect on behalf of the Soilings. Blueglow had consistently reminded her that such formalities were unnecessary, and she could just hobble herself there on her own while he got back to work. However, for reasons beyond him, she seemed determined to have his chorus speak in her name.

Which only meant the matter kept getting brought up until Blueglow finely found the time right to return, and so Whitebranch got the auspicious right to be his travelling companion. This mostly boiled down to being slung over his shoulder like a sack of grain, but she seemed to enjoy it.

And as the blue and purple haze grew denser, the amount of the Growth coating every surface became larger, and the amount of fungal beasts wandering about grew sharply; she only grew more and more excited.

"I can feel it! Pulsing all around us!" she cooed as her frail limbs clung to Blueglow "Any second now, any second and we'll see it!"

"We were cultivated there, don't act like you're one of the newer kin." Blueglow shook his head as he ascended a steep incline of congested growth, the fuzz of fungus having completely replaced the grass of the lands "We'll arrive when we are- now."

Whitebranch's head whipped up as Blueglow reached the apex of the incline, finding themselves at the edge of a hill with the entire scene before them obscured by the purple and blue haze filling the air. But even without being able to see it, they could feel it. Blueglow could tell by the way WhiteBranch's bony fingers dug at him in euphoric bliss that merely the presence of home was nothing less than undiluted joy.

Soon a wind blew in, dispersing the haze momentarily to reveal it: the beginnings of Carcass.

While the area around the Growth's birthplace had been consumed by its fuzz and stalks the size of trees, the Carcass itself held no similarities to the fungal ecosystem being birthed from it. Instead, Blueglow and Whitebranch were looking upon an immensely sized criss-crossing of large fungal veins that arched through a massive pit that had no visible bottom from where they stood. Mounds of dirt and wood were suspended by those fungal veins, serving as interconnected islands suspended over that pit.

And everywhere they looked, there was activity.

Those islands were utilized for everything, herding, training, cultivation. The Veins acted as roads between them with everything from corpses to cattle being shuffled along them in one massive system that Blueglow looked upon with approval. The prior system of cultivation had been horribly messy, a more chaotic form of the mulching and mutilation that had taken place at both the pine and the Bowels, but Blueglow had been the one to offer the Architect a more structured system compared to their prior model.

Soon enough, those other colonies would follow similar improvements, but those were plans for another time.

Right now, Blueglow had a promise to fulfill. So he descended along those twisting, massive fungal veins with Whitebranch on his shoulder. Despite having seen it all before, she was thoroughly in awe of everything around them. Blueglow had no mind for distractions, as the descent alone was taking up enough time as it was. But eventually the hustle and bustle of Carcass became less noticeable.

Slowly but surely the veins became less and less populated as they descended down the veins, the glow of the flora and fauna above instead being replaced with the dull pulsing lights within the veins themselves. But as they became less and less numerous as well, the darkness of the immense pit became more and more overwhelming. The deeper they went, the farther from other sources of light they were, and soon the hustle of Upper Carcass was replaced with the eerie stillness that had driven away most of the natural life.

The Carcass Depths felt empty, even to Blueglow.

The crowds and herds had been replaced with stillness, the occasional bits of dirt and debris from above the only other sounds he could hear for a while. And all to soon, they ran into it: A Shellbound.
16705c92fb67895b270c82a869f37c5b.jpg
Towering over even the largest of Flessi, this particular Shellbound acted as the overseer of the Carcass Depths. Its massive frame lumbered along these roads, keeping track of thinsg which plummet from above and analyzing the veins for the Architect.

A quick nod was all Blueglow had to give before the encased behemoth nodded and led them to the lowest dangling Vein of Carcass. It ended in a massive chunk of primordial wood that the vein had invaded, the resulting structure serving as the Architect's chamber.

Whitebranch waved goodbye to the massive Shellbound as it returned to its duties, but Blueglow only had eyes for the Chamber dangling over the endless sea of darkness that was the pit.

Upon entering, they found a single large room lines with thousands of primordial vines that had hardened and strengthened together over the years. They made up the chamber's interior, with the occasional Fungal vine interlocking from the vein outside.

But they did not find the Architect inside.

Instead, they went to a large hole formed in the interlocking vines, it ended in a large section of them which had been torn open. The result was a walkway of sorts that ends only several yards from the chamber.

And at the very end of that Walkway, they saw the massive form of the Architect.

Encased in a similar shell to that of the Shellbound, the Architect of the Flessi Assembly was standing at the edge of the walkway, seemingly staring out into the abyss before them.

Before Blueglow could even approach, the Architect turned towards them. Numerous bulbs had formed where a faze should be, unlike the single giant one that the Shellbound had. Blueglow and Whitebranch were reflected in those bulbs, a sight which greatly amused the soiling.

92c4906f2c3482280789070b5a2ebde6--fantasy-monster-doodle-designs.jpg"Head Cultivator," the Architect turned slowly to face them, his massive frame taking up the entire end of the walkway "I suppose your presence means things in the Bowels are proceeding better than I thought."

"Beyond even that,"
Blueglow nodded as he sat Whitebranch down on her feet for the first time in weeks "The Spine and even the areas around them have been undergoing cultivation for some time, soon the Growth ill have dwarfed even last year's reach."

"Then you came for instruction."
the Architect approached, each lumbering step echoing through the darkness beyond "Expected, range must only broaden with success."

"He came for more than that, good sir!" Whitebranch chittered as the Architect's massive form passed by both of them "Tell him, Glowie! Tell him!"

"The Soiling requests better more of her kind to be cultivated immediately," Blueglow stated "a notion I'm inclined to agree with, give their effectiveness in subverting the nameless."

The Architect paused in the middle of his chamber, the fungal vines pulsing with internal light "Oh?"

"More brothers and sisters to spread the Growth's fury and its gift in equal measures!" Whitebranch cheered as she leaned against her staff "I can see it, good sir! An Army of Soilings to spread its bounty across any land they traverse! The current number at the Spine isn't nearly enough for-"

"More have already arrived." The Architect stated, leading both to look towards him "You seem to underestimate the Growth's rewarding nature. Many of the bodies used for the New Cultivation were revitalized through its mercy, given a chance to continue its work."

Blueglow nodded, "Given the number of nameless we crushed at The Spine, I suppose it fits."

"Not enough!" Whitebranch shouted, causing Blueglow to tilt his head at her as she clutched at her head "The war cries must drown out all else!"

"So you see the Growth's gift as not enough?" the Architect's fingers flexed for a moment, but then his bulbs pulsed with numerous colors for a second before his hands went limp "I would see four legions of hyper violent kin to be something to take pride in."

"We must not grow complacent! We'll never satisfy it without going beyond its gifts!" Whitebrach crowed before looking to Blueglow "WE must make more! To add to the gifted ones!"

"Hmm,"
Blueglow turned to the Architect "I have been considering methods that may help us gain more Soilings for the bodies used."

The Architect stared at him "Then by all means... utilize the gift to the best of your ability, brother."

Colonies
Carcass (Lvl 2 Capital Colony)
The Spine (Lvl 1 Standard Colony)
The Bowels (Lvl 1Farming Colony)
Policies and Advancements
Cultivate & Spread- Any tile the Assembly leaves units on for long enough will be converted into a Growth tile, whereas successfully building colonies instantly converts them.
{Quest 1Reward: gain 4 soilings}

Units
Carcass Garrison
1 Flessi
1 Shellbound
The Spine Garrison
1 Soiling
2 Flessi
The Bowels Garrison
1 Flessi
1 Soiling
Army 2
C&S TRN 3/3: Tile becomes Growth Tile

2 Flessi
1 Soiling
Army 3

2 Flessi
1 Soiling
Army 4

1 Flessi
Army 5

2 Flessi
1 Soiling

Movement
1 Flessi moves from Carcass Garrison to merge with Army 4
Actions
1.Cultivate 2 Flessi for Carcass Garrison
2: Upgrade The Spine to level 2 (ACT 1/4 RES 30/60)
3. Lvl 1 Advancement- Better Soiling Cultivation

Free Actions
Rename Army 1 as The Bowels Garrison
Army 2 becomes Army 1
Army 3 becomes Army 2
Army 4 becomes Army 3
Army 5 becomes Army 4
Resource Transactions
Balance: 100 RES
+Income:
(Carcass: 40) +(Growth's Boon 25%) =50 RES
(The Spine: 20) +(Growth's Boon 25%) = 25 RES
(The Bowels: 40) + Growth's Boon 25% = 50 RES

-Expense:
Cultivate 2 Flessi for Carcass Garrison (New Kin) 30 RES
Upgrade The Spine 30 RES
Lvl1 Advancement (Single-Focus) 40 RES

New Balance: 125 REC

Birth of Nations: Act 2: Age of Colonialism

Winter has fallen. All units are at -1 movement and any fighting that takes place after movement will be at -1/-1 (Unless a nation has no weather penalties or an advancement against the type of weather)

The fighters had been assembled from nations all over the continent. It was glorious. This was a much bigger and better turnout than the last time that he had pulled this tournament. It showed that there were already stronger and more willing fighters in this cycle and in this specific time period.

Commander Le’Grange moved out on the higher floor to the outcropping to speak to the gathered. He had mechanical parts seen on the left side of his face and down his right side, but he held himself with a military precision that seemed to belly a powerful presence underneath his cool exterior.

“Willing combatants. I welcome you to this stadium and to this tournament. Soon enough, the lots will be drawn and you will know who you are going up against. Know that your nations will all get to see these events and know how well or how poorly you are doing in this competition.”

The Commander waved his arms to motion to all of them. “Know that this tournament will be dangerous and your individual fates will be up to the victor of each match. As such, there is no shame in backing out now before things get dangerous. But know this….to the victors will go the spoils. The winner will come out stronger than they were before they entered. So I wish you all luck.”

With that, The Commander turned and walked back, leaving the combatants to all talk amongst themselves.

---------------------------------

Clan Spike Horde

Chieftain Grizzakis was sitting in his chair, deep in thought. Troubling news had arrived from the South. An entire civilization wiped out almost to every single man, woman, and child. The horrors known as the Mabinogi were running rampant and killing colonizers. But he knew that it was only a matter of time before they came after their new allies, the Cogs.

Their assistance in developing greater armor for their troops has already paid dividends. Already, many among them had sung the praises of the Cogs engineering prowess. He had even received a latter from Mahk that his time with the Cogs has begun to change his mind, at least on certain points of view. In time, perhaps he will come to view them as equals and valuable allies as he has.

Grizzakis looked out at the training yard as the young warriors trained in their new armor with their weapons. They would be the shield that would hold the line. This alliance has already benefited his people and he knew that if it continued, they would be all the stronger for it.

Actions: Train Orc Warriors x3

Troops in Capital- 8 Orc Warriors, 2 Dire Boar Riders, 2 Orc Catapult

—-------------------------------------------------
The Auctioneer smiled a smile which stretched his gaunt face almost to its limit. Things were continuing to go well. There were many participants in the auction after all. It felt good to have the heart of this place beating once more. The sale of goods long awaited, passing to hands, deserving or undeserving.

But he was not one to stop the bidding. Not at all

The current ones up for bid are:

Skull of the Seer

An old skull that holds great visionary power

Land Boat

A giant machine that can carry an army over the land, keeping their men fresh

The Celestial Dial

A strange contraption that radiates a strange, intense power

Month 6, Turn 6, Year 1290

U4di87X0NdKNei8l3INZ1RLMK-P8dEq7UfLe6ui30HVy9p7ZPsGKmeWZJIulaSRLgBqYccr5mYfCNlUT3cxw5BJ8DmQgvv9vIjVenXwwbngsBvzu2vn9_7dQWgovNjc1GxPABpzd

Straed Collective

Recruit Unit: Sentinel

Add Policy: Manufacture of Greatness- As a free action, spend 40 resources and roll a d10. On an 8+, develops a GM equipment. Resources are not refunded on failure.

Advancement: Valkyrie Development Program I- Qualitative upgrade on the Valkyrie Mech. Opens up additional and advanced options for unit combinations for an upgraded version of the Mech.

Quest 1 Completed
Reward: Gain 2 Valkyrie. Valkyrie can now be constructed as a Legendary Unit

Quest 2: Make 2 Alliances with NPC or PC nations

“We are not alone and now is the time to prove it. Be the best you can be to add to our knowledge and growth.” -Diplomat Erran

Explore: The Freedom Fleet comes across a very large, very ancient looking castle ruins at the top of a mountain peak. (Continued in Exploration Chat)

The Mabinogi

Cigfa:

HP: 2 (3)
Attacks: 4
Off: 3 (5)
Def: 3

Queen of the Derwydd: Has the Derwydd trait but improve to x2 fear tokens generated by her tribe.

Beastial Preference: Non-Human Mabinogi units are +2/0.

Only the Strongest: Non-Human Mabinogi units gain +1 HP.

x1 Actions to upgrade Pwca's Tribe to Level 2 - 40 Resources

Scaled Companions: Level 1 - Kobold Warriors may be recruited two for one on Drresh's tile.

Call of the Scales: Level 1 - Kobold cost 25% less to recruit when on the same hex as Drresh

Remaining Forces after battle

Mabinogi

-Cigfa remains with 2HP
-x1 Rhyfelwr
-x1 Derwydd
-Drresh
-x1 Kobold Retreats rather than die

Ascendent

Juggernaut - 2HP, 3 attacks, 3/3 - 8+ save (protecting order knight)
x1 Order Knights - 2HP, 1/1, 8+ save
Xilm- 2HP, 2 atks, 3/1
Astra - 3HP, 2 atks, 5/1 Vs Guardian- Block 1 dmg
1 Strange Zombie

-------

Other information

-1 head taken by Kobold

Fear Tokens

Starting: 3
Fog: +2
x12 Kills: +6 (as on Capital)
10 Mabinogi: +2
1 Kill on 10: 1
Cigfa: x2 multiplier

2*(2+6+1+2)+3= 25 Fear Tokens - Puts Ascendant at Tier 2

Tier 2

• -1/-2 unit penalty
• Roll a 10 for every enemy unit, on a 10 units flee. They flee by tier order, troops, then elites etc.
• Settlement only produce 50% resources unless garrisoned units are equal to the settlement level plus three.
• Farming settlements produce nothing while these units are not garrisoned.
• When attempting an advancement, Mabinogi roll a d10. On an 8+ the advancement fails. One action is lost but resource cost and additional actions are refunded.
• Civilian/Non-Combatant units will not leave a settlement by any means and will disband if in an unwalled settlement.

Curse Removal Quest 1: Visit the Obelisk for Answers within the desert

‘So you seek to end the curse and make your people stronger for it? They would remain undead still, but you can make them stronger. Visit the Obelisk in the deep desert and you will find answers.” -Mystic
Reward- Advancement: Blood Dawn- When a Mabinogi unit makes a kill, if they have a second attack, gain +1/0 (Max(+3) until end of turn

Quest 2: Sacrifice 10 willing units

“Now that the forest feeds on the blood of our enemies, it is time to add our own blood to the cause, to purify the lands from those unworthy.” -Druid

Explore: Pwca comes across a deep fog in the middle of the nearby waters. It seems to permeate even deeper than those that the Mabinogi possesss. (Continued in Adventure Chat)

Penumbra
  • Pay 80 Resources to the Auctioneer​
  • Army 3 moves SW 1 Tile to Teera​
  • Army 2 Move West 3 Tiles to Carcass​
  • Army 1 moves NE 1 Tile to Umbra​
  • Engage Xilnor the Giant​
  • Engage in Diplomacy with Flessi Assembly​

Capital Razed

Rahzen

Advancement: Crop Rotations- Farm settlements provide 25% more resources
Upgrade Capital (4/4)

Explore: Entering the dessert, the army could see a large town that has a large obelisk and a pit within its borders. The people seem humanoid and are going about their business. (Continued in Exploration chat)

The Children of Mekhane

Begin upgrading Amoni-Ram to level 3 (2 actions spent, 68 resources contributed. Progress: 2/5 actions, 68/68 resources)

Advancement: The Certainty and Strength of Steel (1 action, 10 resources)- 9+ Saving throw on Legionnaire units

Explore the Western Space- A strange squat metallic structure is sticking out of the surrounding jungle. It is overgrown, but it seems to be something ancient. A thick door is covered in overgrowth. (Continued in Exploration Chat)

The Ascendant

Whispers gained Rahzen unit: Bulls
Name: Bulls
Type: Troop
Tier: 1
M: 1
HP: 1
Attacks: 1
Off: 0
Def: 0

Trait: Bull's Fury: Attacks hit a second unit on an 8+.

No Hero Generated

Train Blood Slaves [Arachno Keep] x2

Remaining Forces after battle

Mabinogi

-Cigfa remains with 2HP
-x1 Rhyfelwr
-x1 Derwydd
-Drresh
-x1 Kobold Retreats rather than die

Ascendent

Juggernaut - 2HP, 3 attacks, 3/3 - 8+ save (protecting order knight)
x1 Order Knights - 2HP, 1/1, 8+ save
Xilm- 2HP, 2 atks, 3/1
Astra - 3HP, 2 atks, 5/1 Vs Guardian- Block 1 dmg
1 Strange Zombie

-------

Other information

-1 head taken by Kobold

Fear Tokens

Starting: 3
Fog: +2
x12 Kills: +6 (as on Capital)
10 Mabinogi: +2
1 Kill on 10: 1
Cigfa: x2 multiplier

2*(2+6+1+2)+3= 25 Fear Tokens - Puts Ascendant at Tier 2

Tier 2

• -1/-2 unit penalty
• Roll a 10 for every enemy unit, on a 10 units flee. They flee by tier order, troops, then elites etc.
• Settlement only produce 50% resources unless garrisoned units are equal to the settlement level plus three.
• Farming settlements produce nothing while these units are not garrisoned.
• When attempting an advancement, Mabinogi roll a d10. On an 8+ the advancement fails. One action is lost but resource cost and additional actions are refunded.
• Civilian/Non-Combatant units will not leave a settlement by any means and will disband if in an unwalled settlement.

Coghaven

Advancement (Lvl 1): Industrial Recalibration - Finley Station produces the full resource output of a Standard Settlement of its level each turn automatically (15 Resources)

Advancement (Lvl 1): Orc Battle Plate - Armor Improvement for the Orc Warrior units of Clan Spike Horde granting +0/+1 while allowing standard movement. (15 Resources)

Advancement (Lvl 1): Clockwork Auxiliaries - Each Settlement functions as having two +0/+0 Mechanical Defenders (15 Resources)

Quest 1 Completed:
Reward- Industrial Settlement: Generates 30 Resources and decreases turns to construct Clockwork type machines by 1 to a minimum of 1

Quest 2: Train 10 units

“It is important to maintain safety while at work from one’s enemies, whether it is industrial sabotage, or from those crazy tree people.”- Advisor

Orc Quest 1 Completed

Reward: Orc Mechanical

Orc Mechanical
Troop
HP 1
Attack 1
Offense 1
Defense 1
Orc Power: This unit gains Access to Spike Horde Strengths/weaknesses

Orc Quest 2: Advanced Weaponry

“The Clan has powerful weapons, truly, but we’ve seen how well your weapons perform out in the field. If we had similar weapons, it would help support our warriors in battle.”

Engage to conversation with Naltrox the Troll (Continued in Adventure Chat)

Empire of Ancalen

Recruit 1 Shieldbearers Unit for 20 Resources
Recruit 1 Bowmen Unit for 20 Resources
Research "Elemental Pathways" advancement - Enables armies to construct artificial roads through the forest by altering magic to shape the environment organically. - 20 Resources

Explore: The Army discovers a large tree that is so thick and wide as it is tall, that it blocks out the sun. Looking deeper, it seems that there are wooden structures on its surface. (Continued in Exploration)

Yamabuki

Upgrade Settlement Capital (81 resources) with Huang He Standing Army

Skeleton Hero Unlocked from Tower

Broken Jaw Butler
Undead Hero
HP 2
Attack 2
Offense 0
Defense 4
You Rang?: Takes hit for another unit. (Usable once a turn. Preference given as Hero>Legendary>Monster>Elite>Troop
At your Service: At the start of battle,gives 1 allied unit +1 HP

Explore: Open Desert lingers all around. A strange pile of moving stones can be seen in the distance. (Continued in Adventure Chat)

The Fafrium Empire

Nation Collapsed from the Mabinogi

Gains 4 Fafrium Refugee Soldiers and 4 Fafrium Refugees

Fafrium Refugee Soldier
Refugee
HP 1
Attack 1
Offense 0
Defense 0
Hold the Line: Fafrium Refugee Soldier can take the hit that would go towards another unit. This action uses up all of the attacking units attacks

The Flessi Assembly
1.Cultivate 2 Flessi for Carcass Garrison
2: Upgrade The Spine to level 2 (ACT 1/4 RES 30/60)
3. Lvl 1 Advancement- Better Soiling Cultivation- Soiling train two for each train action

The Academy

The Diggers

Mercenary Hut

Name Description # Available Cost Upkeep
Goblin Wolf Riders HP 1 Movement 2 Attack 1 Offense 0(1) Defense 0 Charge- Gives +1 Movement and during the first round of combat a +1/0 Goblin troopers in light armor that ride powerful wolves into battle. Counts as Troop type unit. 2 30 Resources 10 Resources
The Iron Axe HP 1 Movement 1 Attack 1 (2) Offense 1(2) Defense 1 (None) Iron Rage- During Battle, can rage for an extra +1 Attack and Offense for a guaranteed hit by the enemy on this unit. Burly Human Barbarians wielding large and heavy axes. A seething rage seems to lurk just beneath the surface, just waiting to be released. Counts as an Elite type unit 2 40 Resources 20 Resources
Ga’Lade’s Brigade HP 2 Movement 1 Attack 2 Offense 2 Defense 2 Honor in Combat- Can declare a duel and fight 1 unit vs 1 unit without any interference from any other unit. If a unit is defeated in this manner, they can be captured instead of killed. Soldiers wielding firearms and blades but wearing lightweight armor similar to that of a knight. They are trained from the order of knights that worked their way back to serving under the legendary Lord Ga’Lade, a hero from the Time of Chaos. Counts as a legendary Type unit 1 60 Resources 30 Resources
Rin’ Gin HP 3 Movement 1 Attack 3 Offense 4 Defense 2 Earth Magic- During Battle can use one of these spells: Earth Crush- on a 8+ trap 1 enemy unit, no matter power or abilities. Earthquake- Roll a d10 for each enemy unit on the field. On a 8+ deal 1 damage. If every enemy unit is hit in this manner, alter the damage to 2. However if no enemies are hit, the Hero takes 1 Damage instead A powerful Ogre that wields the lost magic of the Earth. Using powerful Gastric magic, he casts after he eats and as such, maintains a large appetite. Counts as a Hero Unit 1 80 Resources 40 Resources

Last edited:

Council Chambers

"What do you make of them then Bos, did I do well in acquiring these artifacts from that blasted Auctioneer?" Even as he spoke Taran River, the rather arrogant leader of the river tribe, leaned back in his seat, a smirk on his face.

"Both are interesting pieces to be sure Taran, and they might prove to be a good purchase in time. This crook in particular seems to be an old magic and something I would love to learn how to create more of, just imagine if we could equip a group of soldiers with them?" The old Taur-Ahe looked excited at the very prospect of new magic to learn as the rest of the council looked on in varying amounts of amusement.

"You did well Taran, when the auctioneer next puts items up for sale attempt to once again search out those that will be useful to our purposes, I don't wish for us to wind up like those who purchased a ceremonial sword for far to much however," Requan approached the two items and ran his hand over them. "Give the crook to Tal 'Ki and the armor to Blacktop when the army returns to the capital, they will need to come back to properly resupply and give the men some downtime anyway."

"Aye aye Council Head, I'll make sure they receive their new equipment as soon as they arrive."

"Good, Vulpes are your builders ready to construct a military outpost at the location we found the Ancient Golem? I wish to keep our word without having to lose a portion of our army to keeping the watch themselves."

"They are council head," the rather small Vulpine stood up and nodded to Council Head. "And with the Talon tribe supplying much of the material and payments to the builders for us I propose we name the settlement in their honor."

A clamor came over the room, various noises of agreement being made by all those in the room save for Ruby Talon herself, her own face showing a bit of shock at the proposal. Even as the room calmed she accepted quickly, giving the name Talon's Watch after only a brief moment of thought.

"Excellent, now then I have news of the tournament that was brought to our attention previously. I have received the bracket for the first rounds, our first opponent is named Greenpulp and our odds are 1/1 in this round. I propose we make a bet of forty resources to win the round and proceed from there on how we continue to bet."

The room quickly broke into noise once more, descending into light chaos as multiple different council members began to create their own betting rings among them, the older member chuckling among themselves.

The Army of the Earth

"Come on lads! We get to head home and get some rest! I want to see you lot moving quick, cause I want to see my family before the end of this week!" Callarhen yelled back at the army behind him, leading his group of me onwards towards the capital and their homes, eager to finally have some proper rest for a time. "Blacktop, Tal 'Ki, I received word that our council has acquired some equipment that they wish to give you two once we are back in the capital, and I have figured out what to call you oh Ancient Golem. I would ask that you take up the name of your creators for now and go by Azghul, that way you have a name of your own."

Even as all three heroes nodded, the newly christened Azghul looking a bit put off by the name, Callarhan returned his sight to the road ahead of him and focused once more on the march, wondering how his men would handle themselves in the tournament that he knew was occurring and wishing that he could have gone himself to join in.

Actions

Resources
Start of Turn Income Current UsageRemaining
148188 (Base 150 plus 25% due to order)336215121
Settlements:
Sunset Mountain (Level 2 Capital)
Storm's Rest (Level 1 Farming Settlement)

Troops
Army of the Earth (Army 1):
1x Bulls
1x Fox
1x Earth Shaman
1x Blizzen
Tal 'Ki (Hero)
Blacktop the Undaunted (Hero)
Ancient Golem (Hero)
Callerhan (Non-Hero Story Character)

Eastern Guard (Army 2)
1x Bulls

Tournament Unit:
Frosty the Blizzen

Order/Happiness
1/0

Population
6/10

Paid Actions
Construct Military Settlement (Talon's Watch) 2/3 at location of Army 2
Research Advancement: Light Taxes (Attempt for straight resource gain)

Free Actions
March Army of the Earth (Army 1) one tile North to Capital (If possible visit shrine of Tal' Annuk)
Equip White Plate to Blacktop the Undaunted
Equip Old Crook to Tal 'Ki
Army 2 maintain position
Pay 145 Resources to Auctioneer​

Last edited:
Act II, Turn 5
Prime Ship, Freedom - Capital Settlement

Mike Ross, Engineering Department Lunch Hall
Mike was eating lunch when his SIS Watch or Straed Interface System Watch received a notification. He was gonna ignore it and continue eating when the watch kept receiving notifications. The vibrating and ringing wouldn't stop that his lunch mates started looking at him. His best friend, Harvey Specter, rolled his eyes and pulled his arms towards him.

"What's up with this? Mike Ross' SIS Watch broken?" Harvey chuckled as he looked at Mike's SIS Watch. His grin was immediately wiped off from his face as he unconsciously took a gulp. "Ummm... You should look at this."

Mike's heart skipped a beat and he pulled his arm back. He just hope whatever the notifications were, it wasn't bad news. Perhaps it was Bromnir spam messaging him? He checked his SIS Watch and was immediately dumbfounded.

"You have received 1000 Straed Merit."

"What the fuck?" Mike was confused. He received a couple dozen of the same notifications which means the Straed Merit in his account has skyrocketed by tens of thousands. His head was drowned in thoughts. He's relatively rich now as Straed Merit could also be converted to currency but that's not the important part. Straed Merit has a very important role in the Collective. It's the special currency of a system that was developed by one of the Councilors to quantitively measure contributions within the collective. Basically, Straed Merit is contribution points. Your status within the collective, the amount of resources you could receive, and the level of information you could access among others are dependent on one's merit. Rumors have it that Kiel Wisteria, the Chairman of the Collective, has Straed Merits numbering in the millions with some estimates saying it could have reached 8 digits. If he gets this kind of reward a couple more times then he would automatically be inducted to the Council.

"Perhaps there were some system or clerical errors in the Bureau of Merits?" Harvey asked, also confused and dumbfounded. With his status and level, as an intermediate engineer, he has personally never seen someone with merit points that high.

Mike looked at him in complete silence when his SIS Watch vibrated again. He immediately read the notification.

"1 Message from Unknown Sender:
Cheers, Kid. Don't spend it all on hookers. xD

-K.W."

Mike laughed as he finally understood. He suddenly hugged Harvey who initially struggled but then relented because Mike wouldn't let go.

"From now on, you should call me Senior Engineer Mike Ross."

The last message was from none other than Kiel Wisteria. The influx of merit points signified that the plan he proposed to the Chairman a couple of months ago was finally finished and has shown to provide great benefits to the collective. He did hear some rumors that the Chairman faced some backlash for enacting the plan which made him guilty back then. The reward notification could have been sent in one notification but he figured that the known devious Chairman was trolling him and trying to give him a heart attack.

Kiel Wisteria, Sky Office

Kiel chuckled as he finished sending the message to Mike.

"What'd you do this time?" Aleksey looked at him suspiciously which prompted Kiel to immediately raise his arms in denial.

"Nothing! I did nothing." The two of them stared at each other before Kiel gave up under Aleksey's intense stare and started explaining. "I gave Bromnir's protege his merit points and gave him a fright by splitting it into 100 instances which means 100 notifications on his SIS Watch."

"That's... Childish, but not surprising from you." Aleksey commented as she took a sip from her tea. "You and Zeke saved your own hide this time. The plan you forced us to take and Zeke's decision to spend a horrifying amount of money to win the sword and invite Ga'Lade has proven to have benefitted the Collective greatly. Not to mention it doesn't end there."

"Of course! As expected from both of us. Our foresight is great!" Kiel pointed at his brain as he jokingly boasted. The scene looked like a kid boasting to his serious mom about an accomplishment.

Aleksey raised her brows and sarcastically remarked. "Ah yes, the foresight of the Devil Twins."

"Hey, that's a nickname of the past. One of us is the Chairman of the Collective and the other is the Director of Internal Affairs."

"Hmph. Not any less devious." Aleksey rolled her eyes. She still can't believe that despite their status they still can't stop themselves from sometimes acting immaturely and impulsively. She felt that it's her job to hit them in the head and get them back in order. Perhaps it's this unique feature of theirs that allowed them to stand out from the rest aside from their genius. People like them, Aleksey, and pretty much everyone else who has devoted their lives to achieving the ultimate goal of the Collective has basically detached themselves from the world in a sense. But it doesn't seem to apply to these two. Perhaps it's this unique albeit devious personality of theirs that made them retain more 'humanity' compared to the rest and also anchored them to the world. The citizens loved the two of them.

"Well... Fine." Kiel reluctantly admitted which made Aleksey roll her eyes. They continued to talk small talk for a couple of minutes before Aleksey stood up to leave.

"I enjoy this short reprieve, Kiel. It has yet again reaffirmed my beliefs that you and Zeke are still idiots. Never changed." She shook her head before leaving the Office. Before the doors closed, she heard a shout from Kiel which elicited a rare smile from her. "And we never will!"

Resources
Start of TurnIncomeExpenditureRemainingNext Turn

Income: [10(Fishing Ships), 40(Fishing Village), 40Capital), 40(Farming Village)] + 10% = 143

Pure Magic Crystals

Settlements:
Prime Ship, Freedom - Capital Level 2
Fishing Village, Guardian Coast - Farming Settlement Level 1
Resource Ship 001, Bounty - Farming Settlement Level 1
Orc Military Camp - Military Settlement Level 1

Total Units:
Enigma Prime, Military Hero
Orc Chieftain, Military Hero
Lord Ga'Lade, Military Hero
Lord Katazok, Civilian Hero
2 Valkyrie, Legendary Unit
1 Aegis, Elite Unit
2 Orc Marauders, Elite Unit
2 Swamp Witch, Elite Unit
1 Curator, Troop Unit
10 Sentinels, Troop Unit
2 Strongman, Troop Unit

Deployment
Empyrean Legion(1st Army)
Enigma Prime
Lord Ga'Lade
2 Valkyrie
1 Aegis
1 Curator
10 Sentinels
1 Swamp Witch

Guardian Legion(2nd Army)
-

Ogre Detachment(Temporary 3rd Army)
Ogre Chieftain
Nickel the Stout(Guest)
2 Ogre Marauders
1 Swamp Witch
1 Strongman

Order/Happiness
0|0

Population
20/35

Magna Legacy
Prime Ship Freedom can fire its massive cannons into the fray but at a cost. Can attack during the battle for the chance to eliminate enemies. Roll a d10. On a 6+, kills a troop unit. On an 8+ kills 2 troops or 1 elite. On a 10, kills 4 troops or 2 elite, or 1 hero. Costs 20 resources to fire the cannons.

Crystal Cannons
Settlements count as a number of units equal to their level.

Surveying Magical Technology
2 Dice rerolls every exploration.

Valkyrie Development Program I
Qualitative upgrade on the Valkyrie Mech. Opens up additional and advanced options for unit combinations for an upgraded version of the Mech.

Acquired units have been automatically modified to flying(+1 movement, +1/+1) as per one of the Collective strengths.

Enigma Prime
Flying Hero Unit
Movement 2
HP 5
Attack 3
Offense 3
Defense 3
Goliath Programming: The power of the Orb has given this unit strength. +2 HP and +1 Attack
Aura of Power: Gives other Valkyrie units +1/+1

Lord Katazok
Civilian Hero Unit
Additional Strength: The Power of Katazok: All troop units gain +1 HP
Additional Weakness: Unknown

Ogre Chieftain
Hero Unit(Modified Flying)
Movement 2
HP 4
Attack 2
Offense 4
Defense 4
Healthy Appetite: +2 HP and when an enemy unit is killed, eats them and regains +1 HP lost back to maximum
Tough Fighter: +1/+1

Lord Ga'Lade
Hero Unit(Modified Flying)
HP 4
Movement 1
Attack 2
Offense 1
Defense 1
Duel of Honor: Lord Ga'Lade challenges the leader of an attacking group to a duel (Leader or Hero unit). If they are not there, he challenges the strongest unit in the attacking group. Both combatants have their Offense and defense reduced to 0 and gain no benefits from any bonuses, either nation strengths or upgrades. The two leaders fight until defeat. If Lord Ga'Lade wins the duel, the other unit is not killed, but cannot participate in any further battle. If the army decides to continue fighting, they are demoralized and fight at -2/-2. The same goes if Lord Ga'Lade loses the duel.

Resplendent Heroics: Lord Ga'Lade is an inspiring figure and boosts all the allied troops in his square with +1 HP

Valkyrie
Flying Special Unit
Movement 2
HP 3
Attack: 2
Offense 3(4)
Defense 3(4)
Safety Net: If this unit is destroyed, only 1 unit of the combination is destroyed. The remainder is unable to combine again together for 3 turns.

Sentinels
Flying Troop Unit
Tier 1
Movement 2
HP 2
Attack 1
Offense 1
Defense 1
Protector: When another unit is going to be hit, take the damage instead.

Curator
Flying Troop Unit
Tier 1
Movement 2
HP 2
Attack 1
Offense 1
Defense 1
Unit Equipment: Instead of attacking can perform one of these functions instead;
1. Weapon modification: Boost an entire stack by +1/0.
2. Armor Modification. Boost an entire stack by 0/+1.

Strongman
Troop unit(Modified Flying)
Tier 1
Movement 2
HP 2
Attack 1
Offense 1
Defense 1
Overpower: Instead of attacking, can prevent 1 troop-type unit from attacking.

Aegis
Flying Elite Unit
Tier 1
Movement 2
HP 1
Attack 1
Offense 2
Defense 2
Absorption: On an 8+, absorbs strike. Instead of taking damage, holds on to strike. Can hold up to a max of 3 attacks in this manner. During battle may expend all attacks and then returns to normal.

Swamp Witch
Elite Unit(Modified Flying)
Movement 2
HP 1
Attack 1
Offense 2
Defense 2
Swamp Magic: Instead of attacking, can give support to any unit that either uses magic or magically powered tech. This gives the unit that is being assisted a +1/+1

Ogre Mauraders
Elite Unit(Modified Flying)
Movement 2
HP 2
Attack 1
Offense 2(3)
Defense 2(1)
Fighting Good: Ogre Mauraders when initiating combat, gain a +1 Offense and -1 Defense, but also deal an extra +1 damage. They are also very hearty and have +1 HP

Paid Actions:
Research Advancement: Sky Path
Through a massive breakthrough in the developments of magical engineering, the Collective has developed a technology that temporarily creates a forcefield path that zips objects across the path like a mini-hyperspace jump.

Effects: As a free action and for x resources, collective settlements can temporarily open a sky path up to y tiles away from the settlement for z turns. Only flying units (settlements, ships, troops, etc can access the sky path.)
Research Advancement: Sky Coat
Through a breakthrough in the developments of magical engineering, the Collective has developed a magical system that protects and supports the flight magical system and movement mechanics of everything in the collective that is mobile.

Effects: Weather and movement penalties for settlements, ships, and units have been removed. External movement penalties are reduced.
Research Advancement: Agile Skies
Through a breakthrough in the developments of magical engineering, the Collective has developed a magical system that boosts and supports the flight magical system and movement mechanisms of the Collective settlement ships.

Effects: +1 movement for settlements.

Free Action:
Movement: Main Freedom Fleet moves 1 Tile South
Movement: Freedom Fleet 1st Detachment moves 3 tiles South-East(Tile South-East of Red Dawn).
Exploration: Freedom Fleet 1st Detachment explores tile.
Diplomacy: Straed Collective engages in Diplomacy with Rahzen. Dest Dest
Policy Action: Manufacture of Greatness - Roll a d10, develop a GM Equipment on an 8+.

Last edited:
Great Cog.gif

Coghaven

An observation tower shifts its trajectory as the Overseer steps out onto the balcony to look southwards, bringing about one of the large lens mechanisms as he peers into it. Something was wrong. Something FELT wrong. It made his stomach feel empty as he looks to lands that only days ago they could see. Now there was mist. This only was worse after reports of the First Fleet spotting a great conflagration that direction like an entire settlement had been set ablaze. Then the Orcs had sent word of these things, these Mabinogi. He refused to think of them as people after what tales had been shared by the few wandering survivors who'd come north, scared to near insanity and babbling about horrors.

"How could someone be so callous?" Runcible asked as he pulls back from the lens to look at the arriving form of Warmaster Otherion.

"Greater Titania had a few rulers willing to do something similar, but I agree I wasn't expecting this sort of depravity. I've been talking with Mahk about the situation in Dal Gargo. He's still not overly fond of us, but he also stated rather firmly his people don't back down from a fight. He almost seems eager for it and he's open to discussing some new weaponry to hand out to the Warriors," Otherion said as he steps up to lean in and look through the lense with a thoughtful frown. "Magic."

"Are you sure?" Runcible asked with a now darker expression. The people of Coghaven had a rather dim view on magic. The nobles had unleashed mages upon the revolt to try to quash it... until the rebels learned to start finding and killing said mages with extreme prejudice.

"Mists don't move like that without something guiding it. The Elven Enclaves had similar spells to conceal themselves. The fleet saw the fires off the coast. Witnesses confirm the mists rolled in first before the raiding and slaughtering started. Pulled a few madmen out of the water who'd gotten onto boats and rowed out into the ocean to take their chances rather than being skinned alive. We found maybe ten people... they killed everyone," Otherion said in a dark and angry tone.

"We don't have the manpower to fight this horde yet... this Mabinogi," Runcible said and rubbed his temple as he started to hear the sound of vast gears churning as his condition started to flare up. Some said it was the Great Cog talking to him. He feared he was losing his grip on sanity.

"We don't, the Orcs do," Otherion replied firmly. "I know some of the Council are worried about us arming them so aggressively, but Chief Grizzakis is a good man. His people strike me as the sort who would die by your side if you stand firm with them. We aren't a military nation. We're thinkers and crafters. So we should fight like that. We need to create every weapon and advantage we can for Clan Spike Horde while we get our own feet under us."

"I suppose," Runcible said and looked into the distance as if listening to those sounds of phantom gears churning. "I'm going to authorize troop production, we need to start churning out soldiers immediately even if only to reinforce Dal Gargo. I'll sign off on war development for the Orcs. We'll put our faith in the warrior spirit of the Orcs as they put theirs in our ingenuity. I want to see these butchers bleed, Otherion. On clockwork pike or Orc blade, I do not care..."

"It will be done, Overseer. For a Better Tomorrow," Otherion intoned firmly and solemnly.

"For a Better Tomorrow," Runcible replied in stronger tone as he turned to fully face Otherion with look of hard conviction in face. "We will not be made victims again. Never again."

Advancements
Basic Robotics (Lvl 1): Clockwork Soldiers gain a 9+ save
Aquatic Settlements (Lvl 1) - Settlements may be built on water tiles. Currently may suffers issues on a roll of 9+ on a d10.
Clockwork Auxiliaries (Lvl 1) - Each Settlement functions as having two +0/+0 Mechanical Defenders.
Grand Market (Lvl 1) - Establish trade benefits with allies or trade partners. Trade income of +10 per Trade Partner.
Trade Road (Lvl 1) - Improved Trade Income by +5 with Clan Spike Horde.
Widgets (Lvl 1) - Widgets generated every turn, collected sums able to be spent to reduce time or cost on advancements or mechanical units.
Winterizing (Lvl 1) - Remove Winter movement penalties for units.

Orc Advancements
Orc Battle Plate (Lvl 1) - Armor Improvement for the Orc Warrior units of Clan Spike Horde granting +0/+1 while allowing standard movement.

Items of Interest
Omega Research Outpost (Inside Forgeheart borders)
Demon Destroy Cannon (Research Material)
Demon Destroyer Chassis (Research Material)

Allies
CORA (Cognitive Operation Records Assistant) - Controller of Omega Research Outpost
Clan Spike Horde (Orcs)
Naltrox the Mighty Troll - Supplied Armor and Tools by Coghaven (20 Resources)

Questlines
Coghaven Quest 2: Train 10 units (Training 2/10 This Turn)
CORA Questline: Quest 1 - Donate 50 Resources (Completing This Turn)
Orc Questline: Quest 2 - Research Advanced Weaponry for the Orc Warriors (Completing This Turn)

Settlements
Forgeheart
Capital Level 2

Clockwork Fishery (Lvl1) - Can recruit fishing vessels. Non combatant units that generate 5 resources a turn.
Can be recruited two for one at the cost of an elite unit, although recruited in one turn.
May only have 4x where X is capital Level.
Modular Walls (Lvl 1) - 0/+1 to settlement defense bonus

Finley Station
Floating Base Specialized Military Settlement Level 1

Industrial Recalibration (Lvl 1) - Finley Station produces the full resource output of a Standard Settlement of its level each turn automatically.
Choose one of these free actions each turn:
-Build Submarine- No turn cost, but Resources count for Legendary
-Decrease Advancement turn by 2 to a minimum of 1.

Hero units
Mr. Finley
Civilian Hero
Machine Lore: Decreases cost of mechanical units by 25% at settlement that he is stationed at
Proper Maintenance: If stationed with a mechanical force, gives them a 9+ save. If they already have that save, it becomes 8+.

Total Troops
3 Clockwork Soldiers
1 Clockwork Reavers
1 Cog Guard
2 Ships

Deployment
First Clockwork Legion
2 Clockwork Soldiers
1 Clockwork Reavers
1 Cog Guard
2 Troll Hunters
Legendary
HP 2
Attack 2
Offense 2
Defense 2
Unrelenting Hunter: At the start of battle, choose unit type( Hero, Monster, Legendary, Elite, Troop) a unit will be randomly chosen from that type. If unit is down to, or only has 1 HP remaining, roll d10. On an 8+, enemy unit is captured instead of killed or attacked. If this action is taken, it uses both attacks
(Holding Position at Troll Bridge)

First Fleet
2 Ships
(Deployed to Finley Station)

Omega Outpost Forces
War Machine x 2
Legendary
HP 2
Attack 2
Offense 2
Defense 2
Rapid Fire: If it kills an enemy unit, Gains +1 attack. (Once per turn)

The Sentinel
Hero
HP 4
Attack 2
Offense 0
Defense 4
Heavy Armor: Armor that is difficult to pierce and made of some sort of unknown metal composite. +2 HP
Defensive Programming: Gives War Machines 0/+1 and a 9+ save
(Dispatched to Dal Gargo to support the Orcs)

Order/Happiness
0/0

Population
7/40

Resources
1560 + 15 Trade90133-43
Widgets
30 Widgets may be expended to cover the cost of production on something or shorten the time of production.​

Actions
Advancement (Lvl 1): Orc Flame Bombs - Orc Warriors gain +1/+0 and deal Ongoing fire damage. (15 Resources)
Having seen hints of what the Mabinogi rely upon for their warfare and raiding from distant observation and the rambling of mad survivors, Coghaven has elected to respond with spectacular violence. They have started to develop easily deployed handheld firebombs that are designed for orc hands to operate. Unable to directly counter the mists, they have elected to instead saturate the areas with high yield chemical incendiaries that will stick to just about anything and burn. This has been chosen as the new orc battle plate will provide some protections against the flames.

Advancement (Lvl 1): Orc Mana Stones - Magic Attacks against Orc Warrior units suffer -2/0 (15 Resources)
Unable to cure the orcs of their magical weakness, Coghaven has begun experimenting with heavily alloyed iron utilizing local materials found to create powerful lodestones that actively drain and syphon away magic in their proximity rather than creating a magnetic field. Said lodestones are being incorporated into the orc battle plate as their smiths are being taught how to install them.

Train 2 Clockwork Soldiers Units - Production Line Efficiency (63 Resources - Finley Station - Mr. Finely Benefits)

Free Action
First Clockwork Legion - Hold Position
First Fleet - Maintain Position at Finley Station
Soldier 001 Competing
Providiing 50 Resources to CORA per questline (Debt of -43)
Move Omega Outpost Force to Dal Gargo to support the Orcs​

Last edited:
Penumbra
STATS
001 Cities:
Umbra (Capital) Destroyed
Barenziah (Farming Settlement)
Teera (Farming Settlement)
002 Faith: 2
Cities 2 (+2 Per Turn)
Temples: 2 (+4 Per Turn
Statues: 2 (+4 Per Turn)
003 Military:
Army 1:
2x DawnGuard (Greatswords)
1x Aurum Wyverns
1x Soleil Canon
Slitherscop
Army 2:
1x Spectrum Sailor
1x Soleil Canon
Song-Guardian
Army 3
1x Aurum Wyverns

Way of Light
STORY

-qrmVOBuk3ruQCRHoTuAtXgEezg2aR0q7fjPBZP8UGnYhazCgDCDTkwyRWBGs-OkGXiLYcUcqLhBVvGU6QLffm6IBX80dBFkHMV-HxmPS2tPJ3cIxfClUfP4xqHfAg4aIVDKj46Y

The city of umbra had become a giant cemetery in just a few short hours and although many were left mourning the loss of the religious capital, they found great comfort in knowing that their Goddess was safe and that their faith continued on.
General Luna and the First Army arrived in the city with heavy hearts, full of regret and hatred. Had she been stationed here rather than off searching far flung forests she might have been able to prevent this catastrophe. But instead she walked along streets covered in blood and ashes. But her and her army did not walk alone. Behind the armored men and women were people clad in peasant shirts and tattered pants. Ratmen and mothfolk descended from the mountain city as well, all on a pilgrimage to the site of such destruction. What awaited them was not for the faint of heart or those with weak stomachs, but no one seemed to turn away at the carnage left behind by the invaders. In silence they marched through the ruined city, heads low in prayer for the dearly departed.
“We have a long road of healing ahead of us, but know that those you have lost have found eternity in my warm embrace. Our enemies will pay for the sorrow they have delivered us.” Arlethane’s visage in the sky over the city warmed the hearts of those present and brought tears to those who thought themselves stoic. General Luna and the procession finally arrived at what had been the Goddess’ palace. “This is where we begin our restoration! For the Lady and to show our foes that we are not so easily knocked down!”
In the crowd of cheering civilians, Wyzen felt his heart waver as he thought of the years of data and research lost to the attackers. How could the rest of them be so blind to the Goddess’ shortcomings?
ACTS

Cost Actions:
Free Actions:
  • Pay 15 Resources to the Auctioneer
  • Army 1 Clears Umbra
  • Army 2 Explores Carcass
© pasta

Divine Power Progression

This Turn Income Expenses Next turn
Faith 49 10 0 59
Resources 100 80 15 165

Last edited:
128807-vii-undersiege-fantasy-art-castle-battle-hd-wallpapers-1920x1080-h.jpg

"The Mabinogi had returned and Red Dawn was under siege. When I was younger, I used to read the battles of the ancient world and my fair share of fables, of heroes triumphing over monsters, but what I envisioned as a youth doesn't match what I see now. There is nothing glorious or righteous about battle, it's just dirt and blood. Air so thick you can't breathe, your heart pounding in your ears, the screams and moans of the dying asking for help or their loved ones that will never come, I-I am not a warrior. Part of me wishes I was so that I wouldn't stay awake at night unable to sleep from the nightmares or able to block out the pained groans of the wounded, that the smell of iron didn't twist and churn my stomach... I never should have left home."

- My Travels Through a New World, Chronicler Paul Withers, circa 1300

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

The blade sliced through flesh and bone, blood sprayed in the air as the skin cloaked Mabinogi warrior let out a painful gurgle, their life blood flooding out of their throat to fall to the wooden wall at his feet before he tumbled back, over the rampart into the ditch below with a heavy thud. Just one more body onto the rapidly growing pile of Mabinogi and Ascendant corpses. Valnir's blade crested through the air before returning back before him, to a resting guard position. His dark armor that once seemed to blend perfectly into the night now drenched in gore and viscera though it was now impossible to tell how much of it belonged to friend or foe, his dark, soulless eyes were wide, like a child that had been given their long dreamt toy and couldn't wait to play with it even whilst cradling it in their arms, a large feral smile stretched across his ghostly, blood stained, pale skin. This... This is what he wanted. The smell of iron in the air, the taste of blood on the wind, the pained screams and lamentation of the fallen and the roars of the warriors still fighting, it sent a shiver down his spine and his body wracked in visible pleasure as he stepped across the blood soaked wooden wall to swing his blade in a deadly arc carving through the back of another Mabinogi warrior, severing the spine, the once fierce warrior topple over in two pieces before their mind could even register what had happened. All along the wall, battle raged. Ascendant and Mabinogi threw themselves at one another with wild eyed abandon, crude grappling hooks stuck to the wall like weeping sores as more and more Mabinogi pulled themselves over, but without wooden construction, without proper ladders and a ram, how they intended to breach the fortification was beyond Valnir, but it mattered naught.

"P-Please, stop," a desperate voice plead, a voice that should have been lost in the clamor of battle, but Valnir's keen ears caught it, his dark eyes bounced to his right, to a boy, perhaps seventeen winters, on the ground, crawling away on his back like some wretched worm as a Mabinogi warrior, their blade slick with the blood of Ascendant, walked towards him. A slow, purposeful gait, not that of a predator savoring the kill, but more a farmer ready to reap the harvest. Valnir weaved in and out of the combat along the walls, his body almost flickering as he moved, as if he was thousands of captured moments in time, super imposed onto one another, as if the human eye could not quite capture the fluidity of the movements, and where he moved, death followed. His blade carved a blood trail through the Mabinogi as he fought towards the fallen youth who did his best to crawl faster, his mangled arm curled against his stomach, the blood smearing across the colors of the Ascendant that once proudly stood on his chest. The mabinogi warrior, a great beast of a man, lifted his great blade over his head to dispatch the young blooded. The boy let out a terrified screech as his mangled arm was thrown before his face, "P-plea-," he whimpered... but nothing happened.

Valnir felt the bones break under his grip as the forearm of the large Mabinogi warrior shattered under his grip, the warrior gave a small grunt of pain but were already swinging their blade with their free hand but the blade hit only air as Valnir seemed to flicker once more as the blade passed harmlessly over his head. Valnir wrenched the arm in his grip, nearly pulling the arm from the socket as the large Mabinogi was forced low and as his head came down, Valnir's mouth opened. Rows of sharpened fangs extended and he lurched forward as his jaw clamped down around the Mabinogi's throat. Blood filled his mouth and ran down his gullet, the tender flesh was soft as his teeth tore deeper. Gurgles fought their way past his embedded fangs as the Mabinogi tried to speak, tried to breath... Even in his death throes, the warrior fought, his blade bouncing weakly off Valnir's armor as his strength failed him, as the light of the world grew dim, as his body sagged deeper into the darkness and Valnir drank deep. The blood of a fierce warrior, forciably taken, nothing was sweeter. With every greedy gulp, Valnir could taste the determination that man once held, their ferocity, everything they were were, are or could have been.. taken by him. A feast fit for a king, for a god, earned through the trial of combat, as it was meant to be. With a muffled roar, Valnir wrenched his head to the side, his fangs ripped and tore out the throat of the fallen warrior, blood spurted into the cold night air as chunks of meat and scraps of flesh clung to his face. Valnir let the moment stand, he ignored the whimpering of the youth, the screams of the fallen, the fires of war, and let the last of the blood drip down his throat as a shiver went down his spine. This was what it was all about.

Slowly, Valnir opened his eyes to the world and gazed down at the youth as he picked out the meat from his fangs, the boy was young, no doubt about it, perhaps even younger then the seventeen winters he had guessed. His arm was hastily bandaged and barely clung on to the blood soaked cloth beneath. His armor, or what scraps the boy had managed to find, marked him as one of the Blooded. No doubt some outcast of the Old World with no where else to go and lacking the spine to fight back against the ones who held their chains, they had slinked off to join their purpose. No spine. No heart. No courage. A worm that crawled on the ground desperate to avoid danger as it dug into the dirt, "T-Thank you," the boy said, his teeth chattering in the cold, "I thoug-," whatever he was about to say was cut off as Valnir's blade pierced through his chest, splintering the wood beneath. Wide eyed, the boy's mouth opened and closed a few times, blood oozing out of the corner of his mouth, the mind so lost in disbelief, confusion and betrayal that it took the body a bit longer to realize it was dead as he finally crumbled to the floor, his eyes staring up into the bright moon above, "Disgusting," Valnir sneered as he wiped the blade clean on the boy's clothes.

A great, bestial roar echoed through the colony and seemed to shake the very walls, Valnir twisted and gazed over the ramparts to see a great beast, red scales coated its body and when it walked, the ground trembled. It's large reptilian head swung left and right as great torrent's of flame burst from its gullet to consume the Ascendant warriors who screamed and ran, their bodies desperate to avoid the heat, to try and put out the flame, even as their flesh melted to the bone. Slowly, almost lazily, the great beast started to move towards the gate, its intention to smash its way through clear to all, well, perhaps they had no need of rams after all. A horn sounded in the deep, echoing through the streets, vibrating down his very spine, and his dark eyes moved to the tree lines, in the dark, illuminated by the moon, he saw them. Figures that lined up into formation along the forest edge, familiar sights, colors and banners. The Ascendant army of Arachno Keep had arrived. There were no grand speeches, no posturing, as one the reinforcements surged forth, screaming their fury into the night.

"What fun," Valnir said, a large smile once more spreading across his face as he raised his hands to his sides, "What glorious fun! Dearest Cigfa, do you see now? Do you see? This is all there is! This is all that matters!" laughter bubbled in his chest and echoed along the wall as the reinforcements smashed into the Mabinogi lines, the sound of steel and screams filled the night sky once more.

Settlements
Red Dawn - Capital [Lv. 1.5]
Arachno Peak - Military Settlement [Lv. 1]
Old World Bunker 41* - Special Settlement [Lv. 1]

(One free a turn)
1. Awaken a new Character for interaction
2. Decrease the cost of one Elite unit by 20 and actions needed by 2 to a minimum of zero
3. Interact with previously awakened character

Counts as Standard Settlement for purposes of Resource and Population

Total Troops
1 Strange Zombies
2 Drider Warriors
1 Reaver
1 Order Knights
1 Bulls
Alina Romanov [Novice Mage]
Mulgir Hammerguard [Civilian Hero]
Xilm [Hero]
Talmak Juggernaut [Hero]
Astra [Hero]

Deployment
Army 1/Red Dawn Garrison
1 Strange Zombies
1 Bulls
1 Order Knight
Xilm
Astra
Talmak Juggernaut

Archno Keep Garrison
2 Blood Slaves
2 Drider Warriors

Bunker 41 Garrison
1 Reaver
1 Drider Charger
Mulgir Hammerguard

Ancillary
Alina Romanov [Academy Training, Practical Class, 1/3]
Squeaks Returns

Order/Happiness
1/-1

Policy
Turns Without Conflict [0/3]

Population
10/

Sacrifice Tokens

Armory
Ring of Obstinance [Equipped to Astra]
This ring has been with the Cult since its founding. The ring embodies the spirit of the Ascendancy, to never submit, to fight against all odds and let no power lead them astray.
Obstinance
: If the bearer is ever the target of a suppression effect [Any effect that would remove abilities, policies, advancements, magic or artifact powers, etc], roll a D10. On a 1-2, the ring fails and the bearer is hit as normal, on a 3-9, the suppression effect does not activate and the bearer is immune to any similar abilities for the turn and on the roll of a 10, the bearer is supercharged for the turn gaining stat bonuses against whatever foe, or foes, that tried to suppress them.

Silverfish Pistol [Equipped to Astra]
A unique pistol found in Bunker 41 crafted by an advanced civilization 47,000 years ago.
Weapon of Magnitude:
When entering battle, choose 1 enemy type or weakness. When attacking that type of unit, gain +2/0 and +1 Damage. the user will prioritize the unit type selected.

Berserker Brew [Equipped to Astra]
A strange silver flask filled with a murky liquid that has been a part of the Cult since before anyone cares to remember and not even the oldest members have a recollection on where it comes from. The flask seems to fill itself every night.
+1 Attack, gain +1 attack for every HP the bearer is missing. On an attack roll of '1', do 1 damage to an allied unit.

Advancements
Blood Tithe [Lv.1]: Gain 10% of population cap as resources a turn
Arena [Lv.1]: Gain a Hero on roll of a 10. Can only have as many heroes created in this fashion as have capital levels
Slave Pens [Lv. 1]: Blood slaves are now trained two for the price of one.
Bunker 41 Pilgrim Road [Lv. 1]: +1 Order

Turn Rolls To Be Made
Gain Arena Hero [Roll of a 10]
Gain a Random Troop from a Random Nation [8+]

Quest
Sacrifice 10 Units [5/10]

Resources
2933*-5012
*50% income of bunker cause not enough units in it from Tier 2 [10 resources this turn]. need 5 units in Red Dawn, have 6 [full 20 resources], 3 from advancement

Blooded
Troop
Movement 1
HP 1
Attacks 1
Offense 0
Defense 0
Martyrdom: Must be targeted before Elite units can be attacked

Blood Slaves
Troop
Movement 1
HP 1
Attacks 1
Offense 0
Defense 0
Sacrifice: Can sacrifice in battle to add +1/+1 to a single unit. This does not count towards Sacrifice point total

Basic Boats
Troop
Movement 2
HP 1
Attacks 1
Offense 0
Defense 0
Transport: Can carry two units

Drider Warrior
Troop
HP 1
Movement 1
Attack 1
Offense 0
Defense 0
Drider Chaos: Each Drider Warrior can give one enemy unit 0/-1 during battle. This can be capped at a max of 0/-3 if multiple units do so.

Strange Zombies
Troop
HP 1
Attack 1
Offense -3
Defense 3
Magical buildup: When this unit is destroyed, roll a d10. On a 9 or a 10, deals 2 damage to the unit that killed it.

Alina Romanov
Troop
Movement 1
HP 1
Attacks 1
Offense 0
Defense 0
Education: A novice becomes and adapt in 3 turns if it resides in the Academy.

Bulls
Troop
Movement 1
HP 1
Attacks 1
Off 0
Def 0
Bull's Fury: Attacks hit a second unit on an 8+.

Reavers
Elite
Movement 1
HP 1
Attacks1
Offense 1
Defense 1
Ravage and Pillage: If left on a tile that has road or a Population center, generates Resources and sacrifice points based on lvl, minimum 1 each.

Drider Charger
Elite
HP 2
Movement 1
Attack 1
Offense 2
Defense 0
Hearty Spider: Drider Chargers have +1 HP

Order Knight
Elite
HP 2
Movement 1
Attack 1
Offense 1
Defense 1
Holy Order: Gain +1 HP from intense training and a 9+ save if the hit would kill them.

Xilm
Hero
HP 2
Attack 2
Offense 2
Defense 2
Monstrous Appetite: During Battle, can sacrifice 1 friendly unit to have Xilm gain +1 HP and +1 attack for the battle. If after battle, that would put Xilm to 0 HP, returns to 1 HP instead.
NecroMagic: At the end of battle, for all fallen, roll a d10. On a 10 they are raised as a Strange Zombies

Mulgir Hammerguard
Civilian Hero
Master Engineer:
Decreases Advancements or upgrades related to the Bunker by 25% Defensive Engineering: Increases the Defenses of all troops stationed at the Bunker by 0/+2

Talmak Juggernaut
Hero
HP 3
Attack 2(3)
Offense 2(3)
Defense 2(3)
Protector: Powerful Armor keeps it safe. +1 HP. While protecting its given target, gains +1 Attack, Offense and Defense. If protected target is eliminated, see Revenge Mode
Juggernaut: This powerful machine is difficult to kill. Has an 8+ save. If it reactivated and it's protected target is dead, activate Revenge Mode
Revenge Mode: If the Juggernaut's protected target is killed, it flies into a massive rage and it's stats transform: Return to full health, Attack 4, Offense 6, Defense 0. Damage increases to 2.

Astra
Hero
HP 3
Attack 2
Offense 2
Defense 2
Monster Hunter: Gains +2/+2 and 2 extra Damage to Monster and Legendary units
Extra Tough: +1 HP and blocks 1 damage every battle

Found Factions
Mabinogi
Rahzen
Penumbra
Flessi Assembly
The Academy

Actions
Recruit Blood Slaves [x2] [Arachno Keep]

Free Actions
1. Arachno Keep Garrison [2 Drider Warriors, 2 Blood Slaves] will move to Red Dawn to reinforce and attack the village
2. Upon arrival, both blood slaves will use their sacrifice ability to give Astra +2/2. If Astra is dead before they arrive, give it to the Juggernaut [Xilm if Juggernaut is also dead]. Drider Warriors will give Neytiri -2 defense. If Neytiri is dead before they arrive, they will give it to Cigfa, if both of them are dead prior to arrival, give it to whomever.
3. Astra will pick 'Heroes' for silverfish pistol, prioritizing them and gaining +2 offense and +1 damage to them.
4. Drider Charger on Bunker 41 will be sacrificed to gain 3 Sacrifice Tokens.
5. 5 Sacrifice Tokens will be used to cast Holy Fury [+1/0] on Army 1/Red Dawn Garrison
6. Bunker will recruit a Reaver
7. Reaver from Bunker 41 will move south west and explore

Pending Action
Alina Exploring Academy - Pending Tournament Survival

Yamabuki

Settlements
Huang He (Capital Level 2)
Standing Army
1 Samurai

1 Monk
1 Wyrms
1 Boat

Shan (Standard Level 1)
Standing Army
Abraxas
1 Skeletons
2 Rock Hunters
1 Boat

Advancements
Fishing Wharf: Can recruit fishing vessels. Non combatant units that generate 5 resources a turn. Can be recruited two for one at the cost of an elite unit, although recruited in one turn. May only have 4x where X is capital Level.

Lumber Yard: -1 action to settlement construction/upgrades
Longmen Journey Shrine: At the start of a turn where happiness is negative, roll a d10. On a 10, it returns to 0.
Stone Quarry - Construction costs 5% less resources
Clay Pit - Construction costs 5% less resources
Dam - Unlocks specialized building Dam
Bagua Arts - Unlocks Bagua Spells

Treasury- Receive X10 resources where X is the amount of buildings every Season.

Specialized Buildings
Tower of Trials - A Unit may be transferred here and if so, on a +7 unit becomes a Hero Unit. Failure of the roll destroys the unit
Dam - Blocks waterways and Settlements produce 10% more resources if within 1 hex

Bagua Arts

Roll a D10. If required number is rolled, use that spell. You may reroll for every Longmen Journey Shrine, but previous roll is lost. Rerolls are not allowed if 1,4,10 is rolled
Poison Arrow (1) : -1 Happiness
Balance (2): Happiness/ Order cannot be lowered
Well Being (3): Movement penalties are negated
Stagnate (4): -1 Order
Blessed (5): Unit's receive a Save
Stability (6): Resources cannot be lost this turn.
Unity (7): +1 Order/Happiness (Does not stack)
Prosperity (8): Double resources gained this turn
Attainment (9): Required actions this turn require one less action
Killing Breath (10): Destroy a random unit

Roll: 6

Total Troops
3 Samurai Troop
3 Monk Troop
5 Wyrms Elite
2 Boats
Dragons Gate Non-Combatant
2 Fishing Boats Non- Combatant
Abraxas Hero
1 Skeletons Troop
2 Rock Hunters Troop
Twin Pixies Hero
Broken Jaw Butler Hero

Order/Happiness
0/0

Population
12/15

Orders
Paid Actions:
Build Settlement Military with Army One (45 resources)
-
Build Building Longmen Journey Shrine (9 resources)

Free Actions:
Recruit Dragonic Unit with the Dragon Gate Wyrm (Free)
Move Unit Wyrm to Tower of Trials (Roll 1)
Exploration (Shan Standing Army) Shan

Resources

Start: 111
Income: 80
Expenditure: 54
End: 137

The proud army endured bitter cold and freezing snow, the ice literally hanging off some of them, small icicles dangling from scales and armour as they stood at the proclaimed border. Behind them, construction was underway, the heat from massive lanterns and great forges offering respite to those who worked on it's foundations. Overseeing it all was the Red Mother, the scarlet clad woman like a red hot flame among the workings of the builders.

Taking her leave of Shan, Wu could not help but feel a growing endearment to this new build, the dark, dull red of the clay bricks, the jagged edges, almost like fangs, of the mountainous stone, the sheer presence and lustre of the pyrite architecture, this was to be a fine settlement, one she can rear a new batch of reliable recruits.

But that would come in time.

Beyond this new city lay battle and bloodshed, the pyres of war and it's acrid smoke clearly visible even from here, though that too lay dying now, like the considerable many that had already fallen. One side had clearly emerged victorious in it's conquest, hence why the border landed here but it would not be for long. The border would soon became a bastion for the Yamabuki, a stalwart stronghold based in land more fitting of their ancestral home, and a fine place to oversee and plan the Army's advances.

However, the Red Mother would first need to seed the appropriate network within the infrastructure of this new land. She had done so before within her husband's nation, across the sea, but he was now busy at work unravelling her web, or at least tying those few loose threads that had unfortunately twisted to the surface. But her accomplices had remained loyal and with a whole ocean to separate them, Wu had little fear of repercussion though some would have seen this excursion to foreign lands an exile of sort for the scarlet clad schemer.

But with this punishment, came fresh opportunities and new avenues from which to flow and now as this new settlement took shape, Wu already began to plan. With her son oblivious to her early plans and husbands suspicions, any and all avenues seemed open to her.

From here, Wu could send any message, dictate any manoeuvre, start any motion, and it would so easy to blame poor miscommunication for any
errant orders that might go astray. She was the Red Mother and queen after all, bastion of military might and wise councilwoman to shogun and king alike so who could rightfully judge her actions when she was just fulfilling her role. Wasn't she just a mouthpiece for militant minded men, eager to make their mark at her expense. Though such a plan would only work when she had found the right men for the job.

And that would take time, though the Red Mother could afford to be patient.

Like the legendary carp Wu would keep forging ahead, and lo to any obstacle that got in her way.

[/font]

The Children of Mekhane
Turn 6, Winter

Marcus released a frustrated sigh of relief as he rejoined his platoon, stepping back into formation with his unit. He was glad to be rid of the Scholar-Apostle and his endless theories. The entire time he had been with the Scholar, it had been like herding cats. He had spent the entire time rambling, getting distracted by every passing bit of tech and person he seemingly had a conservations in desperate need of finishing before he set out. And all he could do was stand there and wait.

It was just a moment before his commanding officer, the Sergeant leading his unit glared at him and shook his head.

“Took your time eh, Polished?”. Polished was what the older members of the force called new recruits, a reference to the shiny look of their new armor. The berrilium-bronze alloy that comprised most of their armor and their augments, “Her Metal Skin”, didnt rust or oxidize, but it did loose its luster if not regularly polished. And though it was holy enough, anyone who knows a solider knows they only get parade ready when an inspection is coming, and so a more veteran soldier could be distinguished from a fresh recruit by the shine or their armor and augment.

Marcus snapped to attention. “The lift was down sir. Had to take the stairs!”.

The Sergeant huffed. “What, did you crawl up them? I sent you out in the morning. It can’t take that long to climb the stairs. Your new legs should breeze trough that. Decide to grab a quick bite to eat? Maybe have a chat with friends?”

“N-No Sir!” He stammered, beads of sweat beginning to form on his forehead. “The Scholar-Apostle wasn’t ready sir. He still needed to pack!”.

The Sergeant laughed. “Blaming the Father huh? That’s a first. Brave too. Or stupid.”

“I- uh”. But before Marcus could formulate a response, he was saved by a runner approaching his Sergeant, deflecting his ire. There was a brief conversation, just out of earshot of Marcus before his Sergeant approached him, a confused expression on his face.

“Seems like your being promoted, Private.” “Uh” Was his only response. “What?” His Sergeant shrugged. “Seems like massive delays are popular now a days. Congratulations. Your being transferred to the Scholar-Acolytes Personal Guard.”

Marcus could only nod and follow the runner to his new Unit.

It had been just over a week since the expeditionary force had left the golden gates of Amoni-Ram, entering the dense jungle that surrounded their bronze city and quickly finding themselves suffocated on all sides by untamed wilderness, the great peaks of their 8 towers quickly lost behind a dense canopy of green and brown.

Being in nature was an unusual thing for most Mekhanites. Many rarely left their city- there simply wasn’t any reason to do so. And when they did, it was a long walk to true wilderness as much of the surrounding jungle had long since been logged and converted to farmland, mines and simple tamed green pastures. The natural world was cruel, unpredictable, illogical, and impure. They had little desire to maintain it.

It was for this reason that Marcus felt uneasy as he struggled to keep up with the members of his new detachment. This strange world seemed alive and hostile, it’s woody hands stretching out to grab and trip him. Quite a few more times than once he had found himself stuck in a twist of vines, forcing him to hack away at them with his blade. This had earned him the nickname of “Weed-Wacker” from his companions, who for the most part seemed unbothered by the strange wilderness. The Scholar-Apostle, Oliver, was as talkative as ever, often bringing the group to a halt whenever he believed he saw something he thought to be Old Tech on the ground or forcing them to investigate an odd-looking stump that he swore had looked like some ancient machine or other from a distance. But beyond this, their journey had been uneventful thus far.

“So… you some kind of prodigy or master swordsman? You seem a little young to be assigned to guard a Scholar-Apostle.” Was one of the first real questions Marcus was asked as the force settled down for the night. When he had been reassigned, his new companions had given him nods and polite greetings, but had mostly kept silent for the first day of their journey, occasionally giving brief responses when prompted by Oliver.

The group was spread out across two cooking fires, tucked away safely within the main force that was spread out around them, soldiers milling about between cooking fires of their own. Marcus sat at one with a few of his companions, staying awkwardly silent as they retold tales and stores- Marcus not having any of his own to share.

When one of the soldiers, a large hulking beast of a man with salt and pepper hair turned to him and asked how he had found himself in their little detachment, Marcus found himself wondering the exact same thing.

"Uhh... not really. I passed boot and everything..." He responses, shakily.

"Chosen then? Psion in training?" He glanced towards Illoyn, the groups current Psion, who shook her head.

"N-no." He avoided looking directly at the Psion, whose eyes seemed to pierce his with a judgmental glare. "I'm just a normal foot soldier..."

The veteran raised his eyebrow. "So what brought you here? Have a person connection to Oliver?"

"Friends in high places?" a different soldier asked.

Marcus shook his head. "N-no. I uh..." He could feel his heart racing and sweat forming on his brow. Why was he assigned to the honor guard? He was just a normal, fresh recruit. These guys were all proven, veteran soldiers, and he was just a polished..."

Before he could respond however, he felt a hand rest on his shoulder and heard a familiar voice. "This young man is here on my request" Oliver said as he took a seat around the fire.

"If I may ask" Illoyn began, her voice steady and tone professional, "Why? He's a polished." She said flatly.

"Well, we were down a man and needed someone. He seemed as good as anyone- better even! He proved exceedingly useful in helping me prepare and get to the West Gate in a reasonable time!" Oliver reached into his brown satchel and began to rummage around its unorganized contents, muttering profanities under his breath as random scrolls spilled out of it.

"I was thinking..." He pulled out blank pieces of partchment with a quill and ink bottle tied haphazardly to it. "That this bright man would make an excellent scribe! I have a lot of theories, and im sure I will have a whole lot more once we discover our first big find. I'll need someone to write everything down for me!"

Knowing smiles began to creep across the two veterans who had questioned him earlier while Illoyns remained expressionless.

Oliver dumped the scroll and quill in Marcus’s lap. “Your role in our merry little band will be as my scribe! Congratulations, it’s a big deal you know!”

Marcus looked down at the pile with growing dread.

“Hope you write fast!” Oliver then returned to the second fire.

OrdersThe 1st Mekhanite Expeditionary Legion, "Her Hopeful Wanderers", is to move 1 tile North and explore it.
"The pieces of our shattered God are out there, calling to us. It is our duty to find them, so that she may be rebuilt and this world may be saved." - The Shepherd Bumaro, Her Living Voice

Continue upgrading Amoni-Ram to level 3 (3 actions spent. Progress: 5/5 actions, 68/68 resources)
"May our dedication to Mekhane and her ideals be measured by the splendor we construct upon her very beating heart." - Holy-Architect Syville, 3rd Cardinal

StatisticsOrder: 1

ADVANCEMENTS:
The Certainty and Strength of Steel - 9+ Saving throw on Legionnaire units

POLICIES:
The Shining City - The city of Amoni-Ram is the beating heart of Mekhane and her followers- quite literally. It must therefore be a cities whose spelndor and technological prowess surpasses all others. Reduced Cost for upgrading the capitol (%25 less actions + resource cost)

SETTLEMENTS:

ARMIES:
1st Mekhanite Expeditionary Legion "Her Hopeful Wanderers" - 2 Legionnaires, 1 Skirmisher, 1 Psion. (EXPLORING)
1st Mekhanite Defensive Legion "Her Bronze Shield" - 2 Legionnaires, 1 Skirmisher, 1 Psion. (STATIONED IN AMONI-RAM)

Resources: 172 (Began with 122. +50 this turn, 0 spent, 50 gained)

Patches of Soil Churn...
On the Eastern outskirts of the massive pit which made up Carcass, rows upon rows of patches of soil mounds lay in a field of dark blue moss. They were numerous in number, and would perhaps remind many foreign folks of a graveyard from looks alone.

But this was not just a place to lay the dead, no...

it was a place to raise them as something new, something better.

Whitebranch was determined to be the first to view the beginning of its blooming.

973df5a0551a387393425f70d6a710ff.jpgFor weeks she'd stalked about the new Soiling yards, ever since Blueglow had jammed the first one into its pit. He had been the one to alter the formula of remains and growth, said it would yield a much greater crop of kin for Whitebranch. She hadn't left the yards once ever since. She welcomed every knew body that the Assembly could spare, petting and laying bony kisses upon it like a new member of family before letting them buried in the filth and fungus which would nurture their growth.

And she could feel it, the churning underground as remains were given new form. She'd heard it since the morning, and had been tracking the rumbling to its pinnacle. The beginning of the yards, where the first of the newest crop had been planted. It was there that she heard the grumbling the loudest, the land below nearly ready to birth her new brothers and sisters.

Several Flessi, common Growth Farmers and Herders, stood around to witness the birth. Perhaps they found openings in the schedules of constant cultivation, but for Whitebranch there was nothing that could draw her from this very moment.

The pulsing of new kin beneath her very feet, it was an intoxicating feeling.

Whitebranch couldn't help herself, collapsing atop the first mound and clinging to it like a nursing newborn.

"Are you feeling it, brother?" she asked, her skeletal fingers pawing at the dirt and fugus coated mound as she rested her head against it "The first taste of the Growth's love?"

The Flessi watching made no comment on the Soiling's overt affection, but the rumbling below grew louder.

"Its intoxicating, isn't it?" she dragged a finger through the dirt and moss "The burning need to gain more drew most of my own yard out when we were birthed. The others could tear and claw their way out, but I... I had to paw at the walls of my tomb for so long. That need, it burned for so long, with me unable to do even the slightest thing about it..."

Pressing the nose of her skull against the dirt, Whitebranch giggled, "But you don't have to worry about that, do you?!? Your passion, I can FEEL it from here!"

The mound had grown warmer beneath her, the shifting movements growing more frequent and fervent.

"Yes, just to know that you will be able to submerge yourself so deeply in its love!" Whitebranch lost hold of her signature staff as she dug both hands into the mound "To die and kill in its name, to overflow with its fondness! To split open at the seems from the unending deluge of its unrivaled affection!"

The mound practically tore open as the being below forced itself up through the ground. It rose with such force that Whitebranch was flung to the ground beside it as a guttural roar was released into the air. But as the mounds beside it began to writhe and split in a similar fashion, the first emergent Soiling's battle cry quickly devolved.

A nigh-bestial vocalization of raw passion, it was quickly usurped by delighted cackling as the first Soiling pawed at his body. Over the fleshy remains, to exposed ribs, then to where fungus and moss now covered up what was missing. Finally, his fingers dug into the thick fungus now growing from his broken skull, out of his one remaining eyehole.

The rest of the Soilings did the same, exploring themselves with near euphoric bliss. But soon it wasn't enough, and they began quickly writhing and thrashing around as they got acclimated to it.

Not to their bodies, to the feeling of pure love coursing through every inch of them.

Laughter and blissful cries filled the air as many of the newly born Soilings began dancing, throwing their limbs about in a wild manner. Some began punching and kicking at the ground with glee, and some others had already began to tear branches from nearby trees to swing in the midst of their frenzy. At one point one had been knocked to the ground, and laugh the entire time as his spawn mates began stomping and attacking him with no sense of restraint.

The entire scene was nothing less than euphoric for Whitebranch, who sat at the edge of the Yard with one hand over her chest. Though she no longer needed a heart, she could feel it swelling with pride as she watched this newest batch of brothers and sisters fully embrace the Love of the Growth. Soon enough, their high would wear off, and they'd seek to recapture it through the only thing they knew how: unrestrained violence.

And Whitebranch would guide them to that euphoria no matter what.

Colonies
Carcass (Lvl 2 Capital Colony)
The Spine (Lvl 1 Standard Colony)
The Bowels (Lvl 1 Farming Colony)
Policies and Advancements
Cultivate & Spread- Any tile the Assembly leaves units on for long enough will be converted into a Growth tile, whereas successfully building colonies instantly converts them.
Better Soiling Cultivation(Lvl 1)- Soilings train two for each train action
Total Growth Tiles: 7
Quest 2: Kill 6 Enemies (0/6)

Units
Carcass Garrison
1 Flessi
1 Shellbound
The Spine Garrison
1 Soiling
2 Flessi
The Bowels Garrison
1 Flessi
1 Soiling
Army 1
2 Flessi
1 Soiling
Army 2
1 Soiling
Army 3
2 Flessi
Army 4
2 Flessi
1 Soiling

Movement
(N/A)
Actions
1.Cultivate 2 Soilings for The Carcass Garrison
2+3: Upgrade The Spine to level 2 (ACT 3/4 REC 30/60)

Free Actions

Resource Transactions
Balance: 125 REC
+Income:
(Carcass: 40) +(Growth's Boon 25%) =50 REC
(The Spine: 20) +(Growth's Boon 25%) = 25 REC
(The Bowels: 40) + Growth's Boon 25% = 50 REC

-Expense:
Cultivate 2 Soilings for Carcass Garrison (Better Soiling Cultivation) 20 REC

New Balance: 230 REC

Last edited:
The fall of a colony so early within its expedition… what happens now would account for the survival of their remaining people.

The Refugees of Fafrium:
(Fluff to be added soon, W.I.P but I’ll make it up by doing it when I wake up)

76488234-91D8-4040-A0E2-77AD490A033A.jpeg

Order:

Happiness:

Population:
8/10

Refugee group 1:
-4x Refugees
-4x Refugee Militia men

Actions;
1. Refugee Group 1 moves N, then NE, then Se into Forgeheart, perform diplomacy

Paid actions:
1, 2, 3. Boost movement of Refugee Group 1

Resource gain/Expenses;

Current Resources:
60 resources

Resources per turn:
0 resources

Expenses:
0 resources

Total amount left:
60 resources​

First Round Results

Darocles vs Khazak

Khazak charged forward, his muscular orcish form crashing hard into the Dawnguard Darocles. The force was such that even clad in his armour, Darocles found himself flung several feet backwards onto his back. He could feel the thundering footsteps of Khazak closing and rolled to his left, narrowly avoiding a firm blow from his axe. Using the dust kicked up from the attack Darocles rose to his feet and quickly thrust his sword forward. The weapons size was manoeuvred far more deftly than it should have been for its size but it found its mark, cutting through Khazak’s left arm with ease.

The orc recoiled in pain as his grip on his axe lessened with the injury to his left arm. Even so, he wildly flung the weapon to his side with such speed that Khazak could only deflect the blow to his leg. If not for his pristine armour he would have surely lost his leg as the armour meant only a small gash opened beneath the carved open armour.

Khazak continued the drive forward after his attack and in an impressive display of strength he began to wildly swing multiple attacks one after the other, giving no room for Darocles to forge his own offence. The swordsman did he best to deflect and dodge but the onslaught quickly became too much and an overhead swing of the orcs axe dropped him to his knees. Khazak brought the axe down onto the shoulder plate of Darocles, splitting it in two and embedding deep into the Penumbran’s shoulder.

Darocles let out a growl of pain as the orc used his foot to help leverage the axe from his opponents shoulder. With a spray of blood in the air Darocles fell backwards into the dirt. Khazak drew his axe up into the air above his head and brought it down with malicious intent, and just like that it was over…but not as the orc had expected.

So aggressive and over-exuberant was his attack that it gave Darocles enough time to take his sword in hand and raise it towards the sternum of the orc, using the orcs own weight and force to impale him on his blade. There was only a brief moment of life for the orc as the blade cut through him before he fell limp.

Darocles was victorious…just.

---

Wilhelm vs Hera

The next battle opened with Wilhelm discharging his rifle, his accurate shot catching Hera immediately in the side of his chest. The bullet cracked off a rib and the woman winced in pain, curling over towards the wound. Meanwhile Wilhelm was already in the process of reloading his weapon. Hera muttered some expletives before breaking out into a staggered sprint. She managed to close a significant gap by time Wilhelm managed to unload another round.

An unfortunate bout of luck saw Hera take the shot directly to the forearms but this time her adrenaline was pumping and she continued the drive forward. Too focussed on reloading, Wilhelm didn’t notice the woman approaching and was soon slammed onto his backside from a firm tackle. Hera quickly mounted Willhelm and began to unload vicious punches on him. Her knuckles were coated in thick metal and made quick work of the man’s face, cutting it to ribbons in moments.

As Wilhelm lay there taking the beating, he could only think about this family and if they had made it safely to the home of the Cog People to the north. He hoped to see them again and one stroke of luck meant that he still might. Hera struck him once again but the punch was accompanied by a grotesque snap. She let out a wail as her forearm bent at an unnatural angle, the earlier bullet impact having weakened the bone.

The Fafrian quickly reached for his rifle and thrust it firmly towards the ribcage of his opponent. The bayonet at the tip of the weapon squeezed between Hera’s ribs before tearing through her heart, killing her instantly. WIlhelm used his gun as a lever and flung Hera from on top of him. He rose to his feet victorious, but looked far from being a winner.

Wilhelm wins!

---

Yan Chai vs Lev

Yan Chai bowed before his opponent, showing a great amount of respect and honor to Lev. The miner from New Krenichov simply stood opposite him smoking. He looked confused by Yan Chai’s approach and removed a small satchel from over his shoulder. Lev placed his cigarette inside the satchel and threw it across the arena to Yan Chai, bowing to him much as he had done to him.

Yan Chai took hold of the gift two handed and opened it up. Before him were several sticks joined together by thin rope. He looked at the bag confused and raised his head to see Lev lying on the floor with his hands over his ears. As the man from Yamabuki lowered his head once again to see the bag he saw the moment the thin ropes ignited. What followed was the vaporization of a man, turning from man to crimson cloud in moments.

Lev rose to his feet soaked head to toe in the blood of his opponent, but it didn’t compare to the grime of the mines.

Lev won in record time.

---

Ditz Nhütz vs Soldier #001

What was to follow was a mountainous man of muscle against a mechanical being of metal. The combat got underway with the clockwork soldier rushing his foe with a whirring blade. The rotations from the clockwork mechanisms meant the weapon spun so fast that it almost appeared to be a perfect circle, but that was not the case.

Soldier #001 thrust its weapon forward and it began to cut at the flesh of the far larger Ditz. Any normal man would have found themselves shredded in moments but this was no normal man. Ditz’s torso suffered significant cuts but it didn’t stop him from throwing his hand forward and gripping the machine by its head one handed. #001 moved to sever the arm of Ditz but found much resistance from the flesh of Ditz.

As #001 tried to calculate its next step, Ditz used his free arm to tear the Cog person's weapon arm clear from its torso. It tried to retaliate with some rapid fire punches the DItz’s rib cage but the bulky man absorbed them all. Then in one swift motion, Ditz began to remove the head of the Cog person, stopping before he could cleanly remove it. #001 had stopped resisting and Ditz allowed it to fall to the floor.

Ditz raised his arms into the air in victory as #001 struggled to drag itself away. A small group of men rushed out to administer aid to the machine.

Ditz had won, but while his reactions to pain were minimal at that moment, his next level adrenaline would fade eventually and the pain would be like a tidal wave.

The Strongman moves onto the next round. The Cogs regain their unit back at the Capital.

---

Rottus Glottus vs Man of Iron:

The Man of Iron stood unflinching while Glottus picked at his teeth with the femur of a large creature it had obviously killed at some point. As the Man of Iron began to move it approached the troll in a slow, mechanical style. Each movement was precise and done in such a way that oozed power. Meanwhile Rottus had finished his self-grooming and turned towards his metallic opponent.

The Man of Iron raised his fist and spoke in an unknown dialect, a metallic barrel atop its forearm begin to rotate at a high speed. The troll, unconcerned, let out a guttural burp that was followed by a stream of highly toxic and highly corrosive vomit. Trolls were capable of eating anything and that meant their stomach had to be able to digest whatever it ate.

The Man of Iron began to flail wildly and screams can be heard from the supposed machine. As the metal began to corrode and melt away the humanoid below was revealed. However, humanoid was the only description possible because as soon as it became apparent the Man of Iron was in fact an organic in armour, his flesh had already began to corrode to the bone.

WIthin moments there was little left upon the sickening smell of vomit and burnt flesh in the air.

Rottus wins!

---

Int'kut'tsar vs Alduin:

Alduin swayed confidently and pointed his long, curved blade at his opponent. Hooded with some taunting tentacles emerging from the darkness under it, Int’kut’tsar raised both hands. Alduin began to shout, proclaiming cheating, his body completely locked in position, unable to move. His opponent began to step forward slowly, his horrifying visage becoming clearer with each step.

Alduin was hopeful of victory before the battle started but now he was just hoping to survive. Unfortunately for him…he had no hope of that either.

Int’kut’tsar had closed the gap before standing behind his opponent. Then in one quick motion he lunged forward, his tentacled mouth ensnaring Alduin before the teeth beneath began to feast on his very mind. With each passing moment the screams and violent shakes of Alduin grew more intense before there was simply…nothing.

Int’kut’tsar dropped his opponent’s lifeless corpse to the floor and returned to the waiting area.

Int’kut’tsar wins!

---

Greenpulp vs Frosty

The next battle saw a strange combination of opponents, a living, humanoid mushroom and a being made entirely of ice. Both wasted little time in attacking and fists began to fly from both. It didn’t take too long for Frosty to start imposing his will on Greenpulp. The ice being was boosted by the fact that the temperature was so low in the midst of winter, making it far stronger. Frosty raised Greenpulp above its head in a feat of strength, tossing him across the arena with ease.

Greenpulp hit the floor with a thud and did its utmost to return to its feet. However, it was far too slow in the cold. Frosty had closed the gap but far worse for Greenpulp was that the icey being had fashion a set of ice spears from its own body. In quick succession Greenpulp found itself pinned to the ground by its opponent.

Frosty pressed the final spear between the eyes of its opponent who immediately yielded. Frosty returned the spear to his form before collecting the others, freeing Greenpulp from its bindings. Frosty helped its opponent to their feet before celebrating the victory.

Frosty is the winner. Mushroom regain their unit in the Capital.

---

Ceinwen vs Alina Romanov

The final battle of the round and somewhat grudge match was between the Mabinogi and Ascendant representatives. While Ceinwen was from a different tribe and Alina had spent most of her time traveling, many of the observers had bets on both to go far into the tournament. Neither were aware of the significance of the battle and neither cared. Onlookers were confused by the mist that was in the arena, all attempts to remove it failing.

The first of the pair to move was Ceinwen but it was not towards her opponent but rather backwards into the fog. Alina wasted no time in conjuring a blast of magical energy and flung it in the direction of Ceinwen. There was a loud explosion as the orb of magic erupted but instead of pained cries, laughter followed. Ceinwen was uninjured and taunted her opponent with laughter but what came next was an unsettling humming. It filled the arena as if sung by a choir and Alina began to wildly throw magical blasts in every direction.

A crescendo of explosions followed one after the other until only silence remained. Alina looked around cautiously before letting out a sigh of relief and relaxing. She turned to leave the arena in victory but found herself faced with her wildly grinning opponent. Ceinwen leapt atop Alina, forcing her to the ground. It didn’t take long for Ceinwen to draw a small dagger made of bone and start to cut into the flesh of her opponent. Alina’s cries of anguish were muffled beneath the maniacal laughter of her opponent. Silence only fell once Ceinwen rose to her feet holding the face of her opponent in her hand. She placed the flesh over her own visage and began to jovially poke her tongue out through the mouth.

For the tournament organizers, they truly underestimated the barbarity of the Mabinogi.

Explorations:

Mabinogi Explore:
Cigfa and her army arrive at the obelisk. It is surrounded by a large army of heavily armored soldiers in shiny armor. They bear the mark of a Red Sun. (Continued in Adventure Chat)

Rahzen Explore: The army arrives at shrine of Tal' Annuk. It is freshly cleaned with offerings in front of it. (Continued in Adventure Chat)

Straed Collective Explore: Arriving outside a huge cave, their Dwarven Companion points to it. "Aye, this be the place that that monster lies inside. Let's get to it!" (Continued in Adventure Chat)

Penumbra Explore: The Carcass is a dangerous looking place, but the army soon comes across what looks like it might have been the Giant's Stomach at one point. (Continued in Adventure)

Ascendant Explore: The mountains seem dangerous and treacherous, but clearly the Reavers didn't care. While traveling about, they manage to catch the glimpse of something metal that was shining in the morning light. Moving to get a better view of it, it seems to be some sort of metal ship embedded in the side of the Mountain itself. (Continued in Adventure chat)

Yamabuki Exploration: The Army comes across a sparkle in the waters near the settlement. Others say they could spot something swimming in the waters at night. (Continued in Adventure Chat)

Mekhanite Explore: They spot a large group of Powerful and muscular woman standing at least 7 feet tall wielding light armor and heavy looking shields. They appear to be guarding a Stone Pillar. (Continued in Adventure Chat)

Fafrium Diplomacy with Coghaven: A large group of refuges from the Southern fallen Empire arrive at the Coghaven Gates. (Continued in Advenure Chat)​

Act II, Turn 6

Alina Romanov entered the grounds of what she knew to be the Academy. During the next few years, she would be learning magic here. She took in her surroundings. A happy little town bustling with villagers sprawled beneath her. On a hill overlooking the town she could see the actual school. It was still under construction, but the main building had been finished. From a distance it all looked dreadfully boring.

Alina ambled into the village, unnoticed by the milling townsfolk. From time to time, she saw boys and girls, both dressed in the same grey suits, the Academy’s wand and skull emblem on their breast. Already she wasn’t looking forwards to wearing the stiff looking uniform. A large, muscular girl with long blond hair, tied up in a braid passed her. The school’s uniform looked tight around her large shoulders.

“Oi you.” Alina said loudly. The large girl turned around with a frown. Her face was rough, as if it was hewed out of stone, giving her a powerful if slightly brutal appearance. That face was the first thing that Alina had seen that wasn’t happy and soft in this place, so it had called to her.

“What do you want?” The girl said, in a surprisingly melodical voice, that was pleasant to the ears. Her scowl however could have terrified the average bear.

Alina smiled, not the friendly kind, but the hungry kind. A smile befitting someone who like to piss people off. “Just a bit of your time really, I need to get one of those monkey suits you’re wearing.”

A scandalous look came over the girl’s face. “This is a uniform, it represents the pride of my school, I recommend you don’t insult it again, or we will have a problem.”

Her face emotionless, Aline took a step forward, her left hand going for the small knife hidden in her belt. The girl gave her a disgruntled look and was about to take a step backwards, when Alina drew the knife and slashed it across her right palm. The girl’s eyes became wide at the sight of Alina’s bleeding hand and even wider when she besmirched the other girl’s uniform with a bloody handprint.

“You’re crazy, what is even wrong with you?”

Alina shook her head. “No, I’m Alina, what is your name.” She said it with such a pleasant smile that it threw the other girl off completely.

“Ehm, I’m Marla?” The answer was more a question, but Alina took it in stride.

“We’re going to be friends Marla, and you’re going to help me get one of these, or I will make it my life’s work to make sure you never wear unbloodied clothes again.”

As the clocks struck noon a new student entered the Academy, an unlikely friendship in the making.

Actions:

Movement:

None

Free actions:

Recruit novice: Winston Charles (See strength: Growing student body)

Foreign student: Alina Romanov enters the academy

Elite Adapt trio explores mana vein.

Paid Actions:

Advancement: Small Scriptorium, -20, -1 action, Effect: produces one magical scroll per turn

Advancement: Small Laboratory, -20, -1 Action, Effect: produces one magical potion per turn

Advancement: Small Crystal refinement facility, -20, -1 action, Effect: produces one mana crystal per turn.

Economic Table:

Start of Turn Income Tuition Current Expenditure Next Turn
10 +60 +45 115 -60 55
Paper tokens table

Start of turn Income Expenditure Next turns
2 3 0 5

Advancement Table

Name Effect Level
(Free) Dormitories +1 Happiness 1
Small lecture hall theoretical lessons can be taught here to a maximum of 20 students, upgrades to medium lecture hall. Students following this track produce magical research, in game terms paper tokens. Every 5 paper tokens can be exchanged for a free advancement (specifically about magic). A student can only gain 1 paper token every turn. Once a student graduates it no longer produces paper tokens. 1
Small practice ground practical lessons can be taught here to a maximum of 20 students, upgrades to medium practice grounds. Students following this track can be taught combat spells, which increase their stats and abilities. 1
Student Roster:

Name Turn Rank Type Location Track(s)
Tom Richards 3 Adapt Elite Abroad Theoretical/Theo
James Dunwall 3 Adapt Elite Abroad Theoretical/Theo
Loyd McRoy 5 Adapt Elite The Academy Theoratical/Practical
Cain Vastros 3 Adapt Elite Abroad Theoretical/Theo
Lana Lockhart 3 Novice Troop The Academy Theocratical
Arya Freemason 3 Adap Elite The Academy Practical
Charles Chooser 3 Adapt Elite The Academy Practical
Marla Jones 2 Novice Troop `The Academy Theoretical
Alina Romanov 2 Novice Troop The Academy Practical
Winston Charles 1 Novice Troop The Academy Practical

Rin’ Gin, HP 3 Movement 1 Offense 4 Defense 2 Magic- During Battle can use one of these spells: Earth Crush- on a 8+ trap 1 enemy unit, no matter power or abilities. Earthquake- Roll a d10 for each enemy unit on the field. On a 8+ deal 1 damage. If every enemy unit is hit in this manner, alter the damage to 2. However if no enemies are hit, the Hero takes 1 Damage instead (cost 40 upkeep) Elite With army 1

Birth of Nations: Act 2: Age of Colonialism

Winter is over. Spring has arrived. All winter penalties are over.

The tournament has been progressing nicely. There have been wins and losses, deaths and knockouts. It shows how vicious some of these combatants are and the lengths that they are willing to go through.

Looking through the list, the next set of the tournament will be as follows:

Second Round Fighting

Darocles vs Wilhelm

Lev vs Ditz Nhutz

Rottus Glottus vs Int’kut’tsar

Frosty vs Ceinwen

---------------------------------

Clan Spike Horde

The fighting was intense all around them. The powerful orc warriors fighting against the undead horde of Mabinogi that emerged from the hideous fog. The orcs were putting up a valiant fight, slashing hard and causing them to bleed, but the damable bastards wouldn’t stay down.

As if they were monsters from the abyss, many of them took the blows that would have downed the fiercest monsters and kept coming. The fighting continued to be vicious. Blood and gore was flowing on both sides.

Chieftain Grizzakis was rallying the troops as best as he could from these overwhelming odds of skeletal Pirates and a massive Undead Captain that laughed heartily as he moved at a quickened pace, slaughtering the warriors.

As he watched his men cut down, suddenly a sound of something moving at high speeds flew through the air. Three men of metal arrived, hurling metal at high speeds, gunning down hordes of Mabinogi in great swathes.

It seemed as though the tide was turning. But, these great metal men were only 3 and the hordes of the Mabinogi were many. It wasn’t long until there was only 1 remaining.

But, the way that his men fought and fought alongside these strange shiny metal men, it awakened something inside of Grizzakis. Something fierce and strong. He let out a guttural growl that could be heard for miles. The force of the sound immediately pushed back the surrounding Mabingi.

He would not go quickly into this night. If this month was to mark the end of Clan Spike Horde, they would go down as the warriors that they are. The kind that songs were sung about.

With a renewed vigor, Chieftain Grizzakis joined the fray.

LET THE BATTLE BE JOINED!

Actions: LAST STAND
Troops in Capital- 4 Orc Warriors, Chieftain Grizzakis

Chieftain Grizaakis
Leader
HP 5
Attack 4
Offense 4
Defense 4
Leader Among His Men: All allied units on the square are unaffected by any negative modifiers
Orc Rage: All Orc Warrior units and Grizzakis gain +1 HP

—-------------------------------------------------
The Auctioneer now knew that no matter how many dangerous items he mixed in with the superb items, that they would all still go and go for a good amount of resources. It worked in his favor and would continue to work in his favor.

For he was not one to stop the bidding. Not at all

The current ones up for bid are:

Obsidian Blade

A small black blade that has some magical potency

Orb of Light

A guiding light in darkened times

Skull of the Hawk

A skull that seems almost lighter than air

Month 7, Turn 7, Year 1290

0dBgxgfSsELqy1PD0XCQx4QTowOrlqOjdrhTljy4Xnpf9kDD6sUQugV94s8KpdJCniV7Kol7v2N5ooiTmAERvwb4gBakY-WUTJf2UZhEaWIbckwsFw04SMI_mBH2BsUWkJm-oF7v

The Mabinogi

Paid Actions:
-Advancement: Derwydd Hut - Derwydd are -1 turn to recruit.
-Advancement: Derwydd Claws - Successful hits by Derwydd inflict 2 damage.
-Advancement: Pry Cop Enfawr - Unlocks the Pry Cop Enfawr unit.

Pry Cop Enfawr
Troops
HP: 1
Attacks: 1
Off: 1
Def: 0
Small Arsenal: When attacking, choose from the below:
-Spear Tipped Legs: Extremely sharp legs can pierce thick hides and armor. Hits of 8+ hit a
further unit.
-Poisonous Bite: Brutal fangs loaded with deadly poison. Inflicts 2 damage.
-Webbing: Fills the sky with webbing. Activate this prior to combat starting. Don't roll to hit,
instead roll D3. That many enemy units lose flying. The rule can only be regained once the
battle ends or by rolling a 6+ at the start of a combat round. For every one Pry Cop Enfawr,
an additional three units may be involved in the assault.

Rahzen

Construct Military Settlement (Talon's Watch) 2/3 at location of Army 2
Research Advancement: Light Taxes (Each settlement gains an additional 10 Resources)

Quest 1 Completed​
Reward: Holy Spirits- Enemies attacking a settlement of Rahzen are at -1/-1 from being harassed by the spirits

Quest 2: Possess 10 non hero units

“It is important to have protection in this dangerous time that we live in, if nothing else than to keep the faith of the spirits alive.” -Shaman

Straed Collective

Sky Path: Through a massive breakthrough in the developments of magical engineering, the Collective has developed a technology that temporarily creates a forcefield path that zips objects across the path like a mini-hyperspace jump.

Effects: As a free action and for x resources, collective settlements can temporarily open a sky path up to y tiles away from the settlement for z turns. Only flying units (settlements, ships, troops, etc can access the sky path.)

Sky Coat: Through a breakthrough in the developments of magical engineering, the Collective has developed a magical system that protects and supports the flight magical system and movement mechanics of everything in the collective that is mobile.

Effects: Weather and movement penalties for settlements, ships, and units have been removed. External movement penalties are reduced.

Agile Skies: Through a breakthrough in the developments of magical engineering, the Collective has developed a magical system that boosts and supports the flight magical system and movement mechanisms of the Collective settlement ships.

Effects: +1 movement for settlements.

Roll of 7. No equipment produced

An army consisting of 2 Sentinels, 2 Strongmen and 2 Ogres threatens the capital

Coghaven

Advancement (Lvl 1): Orc Flame Bombs - Orc Warriors gain +1/+0 and deal Ongoing fire damage. (15 Resources)
Having seen hints of what the Mabinogi rely upon for their warfare and raiding from distant observation and the rambling of mad survivors, Coghaven has elected to respond with spectacular violence. They have started to develop easily deployed handheld firebombs that are designed for orc hands to operate. Unable to directly counter the mists, they have elected to instead saturate the areas with high yield chemical incendiaries that will stick to just about anything and burn. This has been chosen as the new orc battle plate will provide some protections against the flames.

Advancement (Lvl 1): Orc Mana Stones - Magic Attacks against Orc Warrior units suffer -2/0 (15 Resources)
Unable to cure the orcs of their magical weakness, Coghaven has begun experimenting with heavily alloyed iron utilizing local materials found to create powerful lodestones that actively drain and syphon away magic in their proximity rather than creating a magnetic field. Said lodestones are being incorporated into the orc battle plate as their smiths are being taught how to install them.

Train 2 Clockwork Soldiers Units - Production Line Efficiency (63 Resources - Finley Station - Mr. Finely Benefits)

Orc Quest 2 Completed

Reward: Gain 2 Orc Cannoneers in capital

Orc Cannoneers
Legendary
HP 2
Attack 2
Offense 2
Defense 2
Covering Fire: Instead of Attacking, can give an entire enemy stack -1/-1. (Can stack to a max of -3/-3)

Orc Quest 3 :Build a settlement for Clan Spike Horde

“You have done much for our people and as such, we only ask for one more thing from you. Help us spread our nation.”- Mahk

CORA QUEST 1 COMPLETED
Reward- Gain 2 Clockwork Herald in Capital

Clockwork Herald
Elite
HP 2
Attack 1
Offense 1(2)
Defense 1 (2)
Hearty Shell- Due to being made with stronger metalwork techniques, it can last longer in battle. +1 HP

Quest 2: Construct Science Institute

“It is important for your people to gain a grasp on the sciences behind the mechanisms that these kinds of machines possess. I will provide the reading materials and instruction if you provide the location.”- CORA

Penumbra
  • Pay 15 Resources to the Auctioneer​
  • Army 1 Clears Umbra​
  • Army 2 Explores Carcass​

The Ascendant

Free Actions
1. Arachno Keep Garrison [2 Drider Warriors, 2 Blood Slaves] will move to Red Dawn to reinforce and attack the village
2. Upon arrival, both blood slaves will use their sacrifice ability to give Astra +2/2. If Astra is dead before they arrive, give it to the Juggernaut [Xilm if Juggernaut is also dead]. Drider Warriors will give Neytiri -2 defense. If Neytiri is dead before they arrive, they will give it to Cigfa, if both of them are dead prior to arrival, give it to whomever.
3. Astra will pick 'Heroes' for silverfish pistol, prioritizing them and gaining +2 offense and +1 damage to them.
4. Drider Charger on Bunker 41 will be sacrificed to gain 3 Sacrifice Tokens.
5. 5 Sacrifice Tokens will be used to cast Holy Fury [+1/0] on Army 1/Red Dawn Garrison
6. Bunker will recruit a Reaver
7. Reaver from Bunker 41 will move south west and explore

Battle at the Capital Lost. Red Dawn Razed

Gain new unit: Red Dawn Survivor

Red Dawn Survivor
Elite
HP 1
Attack 1
Offense 1
Defense 1
Hatred of the Mabinogi: When fighting against Mabinogi units, will not die until they are able to inflict 1 damage

Gained Academy Mage from the Whispers (Can start on Academy Square)

Yamabuki

Build Settlement Military with Army One (45 resources)
-
Build Building Longmen Journey Shrine (9 resources)

The Children of Mekhane

Continue upgrading Amoni-Ram to level 3 (3 actions spent. Progress: 5/5 actions, 68/68 resources)

Quest 1: Train 4 Mekhanite Legionaries

“It is important to grow her armies so that we might not only protect what we possess, but also to take what is rightfully ours.” -Priest

The Flessi Assembly

1.Cultivate 2 Soilings for The Carcass Garrison
2+3: Upgrade The Spine to level 2 (ACT 3/4 REC 30/60)

The Academy

Advancement: Small Scriptorium, -20, -1 action, Effect: produces one magical scroll per turn

Advancement: Small Laboratory, -20, -1 Action, Effect: produces one magical potion per turn

Advancement: Small Crystal refinement facility, -20, -1 action, Effect: produces one mana crystal per turn.

Quest 1 Completed

Reward: Ulrich
Civilian Hero-
Improved Paperwork: Advisor that decreases Advancement by 1 turn to a minimum of 1

Quest 2: Acquire 5 Students that are at the second rank of training

“This education is off to a good start, but now we need even higher levels of education.”- Educator

Empire of Ancalen

The Fafrium Empire

The Diggers

Mercenary Hut

Name Description # Available Cost Upkeep
Fafrium Tattered Troop HP 1 Movement 1 Attack 1 Offense 0 Defense 0 Repeated Fire- Gains a second attack on an 8+ Fafrium troopers that managed to survive the destruction of the colony 2 30 Resources 10 Resources
The Traveling Mages Elite HP 1 Movement 1 Attack 1 Offense 1 Defense 1 Spells: Can cast 1 spell a turn- Haste( Gives one unit +1 Attack) Fireball(Attacks 1 unit for 2 Damage. If roll is below the normal hit, still deals 1 damage) Tornado(Blows away 1 unit from the battlefield and doesn’t let them act. Gets to choose) Traveling Mages that move from place to place, selling their magical skills to the highest bidder 2 40 Resources 20 Resources
Ga’Lade’s Brigade HP 2 Movement 1 Attack 2 Offense 2 Defense 2 Honor in Combat- Can declare a duel and fight 1 unit vs 1 unit without any interference from any other unit. If a unit is defeated in this manner, they can be captured instead of killed. Soldiers wielding firearms and blades but wearing lightweight armor similar to that of a knight. They are trained from the order of knights that worked their way back to serving under the legendary Lord Ga’Lade, a hero from the Time of Chaos. Counts as a legendary Type unit 1 60 Resources 30 Resources
Ancient Machine HP 4 Movement 1 Attack 2 Offense 2 Defense 2 Heavy Metal Armor- +2 HP Repair Systems- For each unit that it defeats in battle, repairs +1 HP A powerful machine of unknown origin. It will fight for your cause if you pay its price 1 80 Resources 40 Resources

Last edited:
The Children of Mekhane
Good is the unity of her followers, both in faith and in community, in the pursuit of HER reconstruction

Turn 7, Spring

1641946499493.png

When a strange portal had opened within one of the main streets of Amoni-Ram, between the sixth and seventh bronze tower, lthe natural and expected response of screaming civilians and a rush of armored guards had ensued. The augmented police force of Amoni-Ram, known as “Her Bronze Guardians”, quickly cordoned off the street and surrounded the portal while the local garrison of Legionnaires was mobilized.

The Bronze Guardians, armed with steel bucklers and maces, net guns built into their mechanical arms, surrounded the portal, waiting nervously for whatever was on the other side, each one hoping the Legionnaires would arrive before the occupants of the portal did so they could wash their hands of this mess (if they had wanted to fight invading armies, they would have joined the Legion).

But they needn’t had worried; for a single figure wrapped in dark robes stepped out of the portal. The Sargent of the force called out to the figure, demanding his name and who he represented. The figure introduced himself simply as a messenger of The Auctioneer, here to invite their nation to take part in bids for legendary items from ages past. Confused, the Sargent had demanded the figure explain themselves, but this figure simply bowed and asked that the invitation be sent to the Shepherd, before stepping back into the portal, it’s snapping shut with a snap behind him.

Famir took a moment to compose himself, straightening his red robes, adjusting the bronze sash around his waist, ensuring the knot was on his right side and the folds of his clothes were just so. He quickly ran his metal fingers through his hair and took a deep breath before gently knocking on the large, beryllium-bronze doors before him. Etched onto each of their faces was the symbol of their city, inlaid in gold. Above the doors read the phrase “May HER voice guide us”. These words marked this as the office of Her Living Voice, the representative of their god in living form.

A few heart beat later, a metallic, androgynous voice from within the office responded.

“Come in.”.

Famir gently opened the double doors and stepped inside. The room within was of a grand size, an office the size of a small cottage. It’s walls were covered in cream colored wall paper, lined with murals etched into large bronze plates depicting scenes from their religious texts, small shelves with rusted wonders of the age past, and bookshelves filled with strange texts. There was a large desk made from a dark rot-iron. The main feature of the office however was not its impressive size or decor, but the large windows sat within each wall that gave an impossible view. Her Voice’s office sat within a large temple complex in the exact center of the octagonal city, surrounded by parks and the cities 8 great towers. Yet through its windows one could see the entire city from a birds eye view, as if the office hung far above it.

1641944997016.png As Famir entered, he saw Her Voice was standing at the western window. Her Voice was a being made entirely of a mish-mash of different metals and technologies. An arm made of an intricate assembly of ticking gears, the other a metal elbow and hand connected to each other by a band of glowing blue light. A leg made of pistons and the other of a flowing liquid metal, a chest with various blinking lights and small exhaust pipes stikcing out from a metal plate. An old fashioned wind up camera lens for one eye and a dull red glow for the other.

“Ah, Famir.” They said, not taking their eyes away from the window. “I believe you are here to tell me that our Champion, Hera, has fallen?”

Famir nodded. “Yes, Shepherd. Her remains were delivered to us through the same portal.”

The Shepherd seemed to have an uncanny knack for knowing what Famir was in their office for before he even had the chance to bring it up. This ability had amazed Famir at first, and it still did, though he had long since gotten over the awe of it during his decade of service. It was like a magic trick that one can’t explain but has also seen a thousand times. Still wonderous, still impressive, but no longer breath taking.

What never faded with the years though was the feeling of standing in the presence of and SPEAKING with a part of HER, a literally representation of HER will. He always found his knees wobbling as he prepared to knock on their door like it was his first time all those years ago.

“Have Hera post-humously promoted to Sergeant Major. Her dependents shoulder therefore receive her killed in service compensation. It should be enough to comfortably sustain them.”

“Yes, Shepherd. I will carry out your instructions with haste.”

The Shepherd finally turned to look at Famir.

“Ah Famir, my son. There is no rush. Take a moment to gaze out upon the city. This is a view few have the privilege to see. I know you want to.”.

Famir couldn’t help but smile. It was true, every time he was here he couldn’t help but steal a few looks out of the window.

“Come, stand beside me. The construction of our great city is almost complete. Her heart shall surely throb with joy.”

Famir did as he was asked, standing beside the Shepherd and gazing out of the window. Before him he could see the western section of the, 4 of the cities distinct bronze skyscrapers visible. Surrounding them, he could see a patchwork smaller building and layers of scaffolding. From this “height” Amoni-Ram seemed like an intricate model of a city filled with little ants. This view made the far-reaching changes that had overcome the city in the last month all the more evident. The network of structures and bridges that had been built, all interconnected by an intricate roadway. New housing units, shopping centers and isolated self contained industrial parks. Amoni-Ram had certainly grown.

And as if the Shepherd had read his mind, he added;

“And much, much more to come.” The Shepherd placed a hand on Famir’s shoulder. “Great change is coming to this land. I can sense it. We will be ready for it. We must be.”

Paid Actions:
1. Recruit Unit of Mekhanite Legionnaires. (30 Resources)
"For THE FLESH is never idle, therefore never shall we." - Cardinal-General, Minister of Defense, Yanric Debrin.

2. Recruit Unit of Mekhanite Legionnaires. (30 Resources)

"In a world where SHE is broken and HER pieces scattered, the followers of THE FLESH find easy sanctuary. They will oppose her resurrection with tooth and nail- and we must meet them with steel and machine." -Cardinal-General, Minister of Defense, Yanric Debrin

3. Advancement: Upgrade Mekhanite Legionnaires "The Strength and Certainty of Steel" to level 2. (1/1 Actions, 20 Resources). My goal here is to further increase their durability. With Amoni-Rams upgrade to level 3 and the new tier, im envisioning them having progressed in their tech and now able to give better augments. Ill write some lore on that for next post. If I can get +1 HP that would be great! Or like +1 defense, or a better save. :)
"The flesh is weak, prone to disease and rot. The foolish desperately cling to it, knowing that it will fail them all the same." - The Shephard Bumaro.

Free Actions:
1. Expeditionary Army "Her Hopeful Wanderers" moves north and explores the tile.

Economy

STARTING RESOURCES: 172
INCOME: 75
PRIOR DEBTS: 25 (The Booky), 90 (The Auctioneer). 115 total.
TURN EXPINDETURE: 60
AT END OF TURN: 72

Order: 1

ADVANCEMENTS:
The Certainty and Strength of Steel - 9+ Saving throw on Legionnaire units

POLICIES:

SETTLEMENTS:

ARMIES:
1st Mekhanite Expeditionary Legion "Her Hopeful Wanderers" - 2 Legionnaires, 1 Skirmisher, 1 Psion. (EXPLORING)
1st Mekhanite Defensive Legion "Her Bronze Shield" - 2 Legionnaires, 1 Psion. (STATIONED IN AMONI-RAM)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back