• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

    Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Sub Genres
  1. Action
  2. Adventure
  3. Horror
  4. LGTBQ
  5. Magical
  6. Zombies
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Kent

Imagination will bring us everywhere
Act II, Turn 3
Prime Ship, Freedom - Capital Settlement


Kiel Wisteria, Sky Office
"Impressive plan." Kiel closed the folder and leaned back on his chair. He looked at the young man in front of him with a smile. "Original?"

"Y-y-yes, Chairman. I-I-I drafted this proposal m-myself." The young engineer stuttered as he replied.

Kiel chuckled then abruptly adopted a serious expression, "The collective's ultimate goal is to make the ultimate advancement in Magical Engineering. Don't you think this proposal is more of an aggressive militarization instead of researching and advancing towards our end goal?"

"I-I-I-" The young engineer gulped and attempted to explain but he was cut off by Kiel.

Kiel stood up and walked around him. Every step rang loudly in the engineer's ears. He stayed frozen in fear and nervousness. "Not to mention that you skipped the chain of command and went directly to the Council Chairman for this proposal. You were supposed to deliver reports today, not submit a proposal. What will your Chief Engineer think after knowing you went behind his back?"

At this point, the young engineer was so pale he looked like he was already dead. Then he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Impressive."

"S-sorry what? I mean.. Pardon? No... Excuse me?" The young engineer felt his mind being mixed. He was confused and turned around to see Kiel with his signature smile back.

"I said, 'Impressive'." Kiel walked back to his chair and took a seat. "You're a bold one, Mike. Bold and intelligent. A good combination."

"T-thank you, Chairman. But how did you my name?" Mike, the Young Engineer was still confused why Kiel suddenly changed attitudes.

"I've always known about you. Bromnir often brings up your name. A millennium talent, he says. I was skeptical so I looked into you and I'd say there's some potential."

"Thank you, Chairman."

"I see the point of your proposal. No need to explain, I can extrapolate. You'll know about the Council's decision if it will be announced. I won't tell Bromnir about what happened today, you may leave now." Mike bowed then exited the room. A couple of seconds later, a hidden door in the room opened up and Bromnir entered the room through it.

"So, what do you think?" Bromnir asked. "Ya think he has the potential to succeed me?"

"Why are you asking me?" Kiel chuckled. "If you think he does then he definitely does. His proposal is impressive, I can see that. It has its merits."

"In order to develop the greatest magical engineering there is to offer, it is important to first perfect what you are already capable of making," Bromnir repeated the first sentence in Mike's proposal.

"But 10 Sentinels, expensive. We'll have to use all of our Pure Magic Crystals for expedited recruitment. We don't have space for this kind of expansion currently so we'll have to upgrade Freedom. It's overdue for an upgrade anyway." Kiel felt a sting in his heart every time he thought of adding 8 more sentinels to the military.

"I agree. This will take us approximately 2-3 months. All our resources and time would have to be devoted to this plan and that means other research will have to be suspended or delayed." Bromnir agreed with Kiel but there are going to be huge tradeoffs.

"Very well. Send a notice to the council, we will adopt this plan. "

"No council vote?" Bromnir was surprised. "Aleksey wouldn't like that."

"I know. If this goes through the Council, it will take forever to decide. Many outside of the council wouldn't like this but this will all be worth it. So..." Kiel took a deep breath and looked Bromnir straight in the eye. "I, Kiel Wisteria, Chairman of The Straed Council, issue an executive order to adopt this plan made by Engineer First Class Mike Khakislong. The Straed Collective will focus all its efforts and resources on the completion of this plan. "

Bromnir sighed and nodded. "I, Bromnir Starforger, Chief Engineer and Councilor of the Straed Collective, bear witness to the executive order of Council Chairman Kiel Wisteria."

Resources
Start of TurnIncomeExpenditure
Remaining
Next Turn
20112160141262

Income: [10(Fishing Ships), 40(Fishing Village), 20(Capital), 40(Farming Village)] + 10% = 121

Pure Magic Crystals
0

Settlements:
Prime Ship, Freedom - Capital Level 1
Fishing Village, Guardian Coast - Farming Settlement Level 1
Resource Ship 001, Bounty - Farming Settlement Level 1

Total Troops:
1 Aegis
1 Curator
2 Sentinels
2 Strongman

Deployment
Empyrean Legion(1st Army)
1 Aegis
1 Curator
2 Sentinels

Guardian Legion(2nd Army)
2 Strongman

Order/Happiness
0|0

Population
6/10


Paid Actions:
Upgrade Settlement: Prime Ship, Freedom - Capital(3/4)

Free Action:
Expedited Recruitment: 3 Sentinel Units
Movement: Freedom Fleet moves 1 tile North(Mountains)
Exploration: Freedom Fleet with the Empyrean and Guardian Legion explores the tile.
 

CaptainSully

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
The Triumverate are here...
The Blood Moon Is Near...
3159cb35da86436141d146fcc72f2b83.jpg

  • 39f774c6fa2b6105d3da3564c75a56ae.jpg
    As the tribe awaited Leolin’s return, the Derwydd amongst them let out a horrified wail in unison. They began to react violently, cutting at trees and tribesmen alike. As the chaos ensued one of the Derwydd who still retained some semblance of sanity calmed her brethren and spoke before the tribe. Her ethereal voice cut like daggers to those who heard her, but it was not her tone, but the words she spoke.

    “Mae Leolin wedi cwympo…” she muttered.

    The entire tribe rose to their feet and drew their weapons. Questions were shouted wanting to know who was responsible and how, but she could not answer.

    “Fe allwn ni ... deimlo ei fod wedi mynd ... mae gyda ni mwyach ...” she said solemnly.

    The shouts and calls soon faded and the tribe took to their knees to mourn their fallen leader. It was something that not even the fates themselves could have predicted but what was done, was done.

    Amongst the silence one lone figure rose to his feet.

    “Byddaf yn dod o hyd i’w gorff a’i ddychwelyd atom fel y gall wynebu’r defodau,” the man said powerfully. He was fairly unassuming in stature, not a particularly large fellow in any capacity but he carried an intimidating air around him. It was almost as if a slight fog emanated from him, radiating like the soft warmth of a candle.

    Some of the Rhyfelwr moved to protest but were held back by others as it became apparent who it was.

    “Byddaf i, Bran y Llofrudd Duw, yn dychwelyd ein harweinydd atom ac yn lladd y rhai a ddaeth â diwedd ar ei fywyd!”

    Bran was a Rhyfelwr, but one who had a reputation as an extremely competent and efficient killer. Unlike others who sought glory in titles, Bran simply sought glory in battle. Leolin had offered him senior positions within the tribe but often found him reluctant, instead wanting to focus on serving the tribe at the forefront of battle. If anyone was capable of bringing Leolin’s corpse back, it was him.

    The tribe all returned to their kneeling position, in acceptance of Bran’s offer, allowing him to pass freely.

 
Last edited:

Crocodile

Mister Zero
Great Cog.gif

Coghaven

Theme Music

Fizzo Glint lounged back in a chair that manage to hold his immense bulk, currently going over ledgers and examining some papers for his plans to give a little kick to the Coghaven economy. He was rather delighted to hear that Otherion had apparently found and made some allies for them. From his perspective, new allies meant new business prospects even if the Orcs seemed intent on pushing their own efforts towards weapons and devices of war. It wasn't the worst arrangement as the two powers could prosper together, plus it created a bulwark between Coghaven and the rest of the continent. Fizzo didn't point that out at the Council but he was pretty sure several others had thought the same thing. Either way, alliance meant perhaps it was time to create something to facilitate it better. What better way to do that than introduce a currency system!

"Please tell me this isn't another proposal for you business interests?" Runcible asked as he walks into the office.

"What? Business? Nah! Why would ya think that, boss?" Fizzo grins and grunts as he hefts his enormous bulk out of his seat to stand as the Overseer walked into his gaudy, gilded office full of various gadgets, devices and papers.

"The fact you manage to profit from the ventures you propose," Runcible retorted with a roll of his eyes as the overstuffed goblin merchant rose up before him.

"Fine, fine but here me out," He digs something out of his pocket and offers a handle of curious brass cogs with numerical marking on them.

"What are these?" Runcible looked them over with a grim frown as he holds several up to his mechanical eyes to inspect them closely.

I'm thinkin' of callin' them Widgets, boss. We need some sorta promissory note to help any business we do with da orcs. More so we can use it to do a little merit system," Fizzo pointed out with a wide grin as he hit on the idea of the main purpose of his plan.

"Explain. This sounds dangerously like something we fought against in Hammerton," Runcible said in a warning tone.

"Nah, that crap was all the rich holdin' onto the money. Boss, I can't make money if people don't get it. Its like a flow or something. Like what Rustan's lot talk about water cycles. I call it da Money Cycle. Money's gotta flow through everyone or it ain't worth the stuff its made of. We adjust it from our current system of allotted wages to one with bonuses in these Widgets. Over time the Widget can take over as the labor currency. But more so it creates a merit system for pay. Hard workers make more like they should. Not like the Great Cog is gonna let us cheat'em, right?" Fizzo said more seriously. Despite his greedy nature, Fizzo like almost all goblins revered the Great Cog more than most considering how goblins were treated in Greater Titania. The Great Cog had been the liberation of many, inspiring others to join up with the Hammerton revolt. It was why a major portion of Coghaven's current population were goblins. They'd tagged along for the ride, enjoying being treated as equals by their fellow Cogites.

"I'm still concerned," Runcible said sternly.

"Yeah, I know, boss. Its a hard sell but this system means as we build up stores of Widgets we can pay out to the workers and academics. We can compensate them if we have to rush projects or deadlines due to some crisis. It smooths the process and keeps them happy because they know we're giving them somethin' for the effort. We make it clear its got priority value as the Council and you back it. We create its value. Just like that crap paper money they tried to push on us in Hammerton, only we will make this one worth a damn," Fizzo said with surprising passion.

Runcible regards the vast goblin and his multiple chins, stuffed into a suit that he didn't manage to burst out of. He still couldn't imagine how he managed to get so fat, but Fizzo was the richest figure in Coghaven and allowed to be so for now. They could strip it from him, but the bloated goblin continued to introduce radical ideas that helped the new nation grow. He sighs and shakes his head as he looks to the Widgets in his hand.

"Can you make it so they are hard to replicate outside of Council production?"

"You bet, I got all sorts of tricks for that nonsense. I used to do patent checkin' in Hammerton, I know how to make something hard to duplicate illegally," Fizzo noted proudly about one of his various ventures back in the homeland before the revolt and exile.

"Fine, test run it and have a report for the Council. I will let you have the chance to prove its worth," Runicble said as he hands the Widges back over to Fizzo.

"Great! Now let me talk to ya about my new big idea for water based settlements! Now I know we want to expand and control our port area so how about this..." Fizzo started, putting a big arm around Runcible's shoulder and ushering him over to a table with models and diagrams laying out some sort of curious new settlement design.

It looks like a curious array of stilts, anchoring pylons and pontoon systems to literally making settlements that could float on the water. More so there were oddly arrays of gearwork and drives shafts that would make such a design harness the waves to run numerous drive shafts which could power machinery in said settlements. Coghaven was going to prove they could grow in power anywhere if Fizzo Glint had the chance to say anything about it.


Advancements
Basic Robotics (Lvl 1): Clockwork Soldiers gain a 9+ save

Items of Interest
Omega Research Post (Inside Forgeheart borders)
Demon Destroy Cannon (Research Material)
Demon Destroyer Chassis (Research Material)

Allies
CORA (Cognitive Operation Records Assistant) - Controller of Omega Research Outpost
Clan Spike Horde (Orcs)

Questlines
Quest 1: Build a second settlement
CORA Questline: Quest 1 - Donate 50 Resources

Settlements
Forgeheart - Capital Level 1
Clockwork Fishery (Lvl1) - Can recruit fishing vessels. Non combatant units that generate 5 resources a turn.
Can be recruited two for one at the cost of an elite unit, although recruited in one turn.
May only have 4x where X is capital Level.
Modular Walls (Lvl 1) - 0/+1 to settlement defense bonus


Total Troops
3 Clockwork Soldiers
1 Clockwork Reavers
1 Cog Guard
2 Ships

Deployment
First Clockwork Legion
3 Clockwork Soldiers
1 Clockwork Reavers
1 Cog Guard

First Fleet
2 Ships

Order/Happiness
0/0

Population
7/10

Resources
Start of TurnIncomeCurrentExpenditureRemaining
3020503020




Actions
Upgrade Forgeheart to Level 2 (4/4 Actions) (Complete)

Advancement (Lvl 1): Widgets (15 Resources) - Widgets generated every turn, collected sums able to be spent to reduce time or cost on advancements or mechanical units.
Minster of Commerce and merchant, Fizzo Glint, had begun to introduce a new currency system into Coghaven. The Widget is intended to help reduce the cost or time of production or project when spent in certain amounts after the Council has accumulated a certain amount. This maintains a certain degree of scarcity for the Widgets to prevent inflation in value while also allowing those paid in them to get maximum value to ensure the growing merchant class in Coghaven can build up a suitable flow considering the newfound alliance forming with their orc neighbors to the west.

Advancement (Lvl 1): Aquatic Settlements (15 Resources) - Settlements maybe be built on water tiles.
Another mad idea by Fizzo Glint, intent on aggressively expanding Coghaven's control of its coastal waters to expand its port access as exiles continue to be brought by Titania transports eager to dump them onto Coghaven as per their agreement. The initial designs rely upon anchoring pylons originally designed for the Modular Walls to give the settlements means to be locks in place while still being able to adjust to wave patterns and even harvest the wave flow to power machinery in the settlements. Future plans offer the potential for even crazier designs including underwater development should Coghaven develops stronger research facilities in the capital.

Free Action
First Clockwork Legion will advance North.
First Clockwork Legion will explore the North Tile.
First Fleet moves South​
 
Last edited:

Cosmo

Does Not Know Kung-fu
9f3c2181388fe50a5c5f48804ec6193b.jpg

Red Dawn | Evening | Fall, 1290

The crackling of embers and wailing of the wounded filled the cold night air as members of the Ascendancy moved to and fro in the young colony, putting out fires, recovering the wounded and assessing the damage. The raid had come from nowhere and with no warning, it had caught everyone by surprise including the unit of Blooded who had been garrisoned inside. The attackers having hit and retreated from the village, taking valuables and leaving behind only victims and grisly displays of gore and mutilation. before the Blooded could sally out to meet them, and likely, have died in battle. The Demagogue of the unit had already taken their own lives, some whispered it was because of shame or the inability to face having allowed such a thing to happen, while others claimed it was in an attempt to escape the punishment that would have been handed down by the Lectors, the truth was, as always, rather unimportant. Rumors of the attackers had already spread like wildfire, some said they were monsters of the New World taken human form, others that they were just people with a penchant for theatrical slaughter, much the same as them, and just like with all things, people believed what they desired to believe and in so doing created their own monsters to fear or foes to challenge.

Outside of one of the looted storerooms, the walls charred black from the recently extinguished fire, two figures stood in the dirt path road and starred up at the wall where a third figure was stuck, a human figure, or at least, what was left of one. Their chest had been torn open, their entrails left to dangle in the cold autumn air, faint whips of steam still came off the newly torn out torso as blood slowly dripped down the front to fall into the packed earth below. The ribcage had been cut and then pulled apart, what appeared to be wooden stakes were then driven in, pinning the man to the wall with their flayed ribcage spread out, almost like a parody of some sort of bird. The two figures, a man and a woman, on the road were examining the corpse, the faint glow given off by starlight and the torch held in the hands of the tall, thin man casting shadows across the alley and the mutilated carcass that had once been a man.

"Hold the torch higher," the woman said, her voice held a tint of annoyance, but even still, it was wonderous. It was somehow soft and yet sultry, it sent chills down the spine and echoed in the soul, yet something about it was wrong. It sounded too right, too perfect, as if someone had tried to explain the perfect voice and some... thing.. had sought to replicate it. 'Perfect' but artificial.

"Y-Yes, Mistress," the tall man said as he held the torch higher, bathing more of the wall and the poor deceased soul in more light. As she gazed at the body, the man took the risk to steal a few more glances at her. She was resplendent in rich, burgundy cloth that fell from her in waves. Around the hem was white fur that seemed impervious to the dirt, grim and blood that clogged the paths of the raided town. The shawl was wrapped around her body to cover the thin sleeping garments underneath as she had come to 'take stock' of the damage in the middle of the night... Pandora. The lector of the Voice. The bearer of the word. The one who would had led them to the New World, who would lead them across the Veil.. And she terrified him. One could not even gaze upon her and know what they were gazing at for each person saw something different, be it what they want, what they fear, what they love or what they hate. So many talked about what kind of magic it must be, some ancient relic, talked about what she truly looked like. To him, she was an achingly beautiful elf, long black hair fell in waves around her pale shoulders and framed a heart shaped face with full lips and almond green eyes, but again there was something wrong. Beautiful, perfect, but too perfect. The features of her face were too symmetrical, too clean, too... right, but it was the shadows... The images in the corner of his eye, when the light of the moon or the torch glow lit her up at certain angles, he saw things. Shadows that danced across her form, facial features twisting, changing, bending in ways that hurt his mind, faces within faces that gazed back at him, that teased and taunted, that screamed and wailed, that begged and begged but for what, he did not know, but when he turned to look at her, he'd see only her. Only the ethereal beauty that was Pandora looking back. Yet, it was there. Always there. Always. Waiting. Watching. Changing. Twisting. Turning. It was there. And it watched them all.

"What a pity," Pandora said as her lips twisted into a pout that brought an ache to his soul.

"What is, Mistress?" he asked, not because she would answer or because he was worthy of one, no, it was theatrics. Pandora loved to play, loved to dance upon the stage that was life that only she was privileged enough to be on.

"I was so excited, I rushed right out of my chambers for I simply had to see," She said, her emerald eyes seemed to spark in the torch glow as whatever memories sparked through her mind, "Could you imagine? Others in this new land like us? Seeking what we seek? Killing as we kill? Tearing this world asunder so that we may ascend, but they are not like us. They are not dreamers, they are not artist, they are butchers," she said, the pout once more returning to her lips as she left out a disappointed huff.

Butchers? But were they really so different? Most of what they did could be called the same, "I-I'm afraid I don't understand, Mistress," he admitted, still fulfilling his duty as the active audience to her play.

"I know you don't," Pandora said as her green eyes rolled at the very idea someone like him would understand, she stepped up to the body and reached out a single hand, her long nail ran along the edge of the flayed skin, "See here?" She did not bother to look to see if he had nodded before she continued. "See how straight and even this cut is?" she asked as she ran her nail down the flesh, the blood seeped up and over her finger to run down her forearm and drip into the snow, the flesh bent around the finger as if under it's command as the nail dug into the meat below ripping out bits and pieces as it went, "It's too clean. There's no play. No fun."

"I-I" He began again as he tried to understand what she was saying but.. he just couldn't.

"When we do it," she said slowly as if saying it slower would help him understand, "The cuts are jagged. Do you know why that is? Because we are constantly stopping and starting. We pause to enjoy it, to see all those little emotions that fly across their face as they see their body being twisted and broken before them, as you savor the screams and how they contort to avoid the blade," as she spoke, her nail cut into the flesh as long, jagged tears began to form as her hand moved to her words.

"The power you feel as they are helpless under your knife, how in control you are because everything they are, everything they were, everything they will ever be is under the edge of your knife, free to do with as you please~" She said, her voice took a euphoric edge as her nail dug deeper into the body, "It's about the excess of it. The pain you inflict, the pain you watch, the change you bring, it's so very personal, this wonderful journey between you and your victim, but this?" She said as she turned her head around to look at him, "This is a butcher, clean cuts, hack, slash, quick, clean," and as she spoke, her nail carved a path through the corpse, shearing flanks off with each word, the bloody pieces fell to the ground below.

"Nothing but cattle to the slaughter. They weren't broken for their benefit. Nor for the experience of this poor soul," Pandora said as she brought her blood drenched finger to her lips to lick along the edge as she savored the blood of the dead, "Oh, no, this was done for us. So we could see, so we could feel fear of it happening to us."

"I see," the man said, the glow of the torch trembled in his hand as the shadows that danced around her had grown stronger as she spoke and for a moment, just a moment, he thought he had seen something in the shadows of her face, something man was not meant to see, something... a shiver ran down his spine, but the play was over and Pandora was no longer paying him any mind.

"How disappointing," Pandora said, the word spoken so softly yet seemed to carry into the darkness around them.

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

P5-Wc-UFv5-Ck-Ar-H0-AKlkw7h-Yb66-RIqlryep1l2ro-XFVFMKslv-Njkyix-CFsb-IERPh-Zm67-YQ7-Mpimat-Xgjci-Zc1-M8zh46-Rs-KAVgrs-Coo.jpg


'After our encounter with Nyzix and his Driders, things did not improve. The forest to the south west had given off an aura of dread and as I gazed at them, I must confess, it was as if the very breath from my chest was being stolen. Something about them was off, foreboding, as if I was a fly looking upon the great web of a spider that had been spun just for me. In her normal impetuousness, and to my normal terror, Astra ordered that we were to enter the forest, find whatever was in it and 'give it a good stab'n'. Of course, it was only after we arrived that news reached us of the raid on Red Dawn and the foes Astra had thrown us up against were the same creatures that had pillaged our home just prior, but if I had just known the horrors that awaited me under the canopies of those great trees.....'

- My Travels Through a New World, Chronicler Paul Withers, circa 1300

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

The forest was even more oppressive now that Wither's was in it. The dense foliage was so thick that it seemed to press them in from all sides and made traveling difficult and 'formations' all but impossible as groups of people got separated from one another. The heavy fog made every step treacherous as more then a few people, Wither included, tripped and stumbled on loose rocks or hidden roots that snagged their feet. It was as if the very forest itself was trying to fight them, trying to stop them. The forest was quiet, far too quiet for how many people were stumbling and stomping through it. Withers had not heard a single bird or animal, just the sounds of the march... And the occasional chittering sound of the Driders moving along the flanks, their long, chitinous legs seemed to glide over the terrain. Almost out of habit, Wither's gaze searched for Astra and it did not take long to find the orc. She was ahead of him, near the front of the party, even from here he could make out her intense eyes that were locked ahead into the darkness, the savage fury that lay within no doubt excited beyond belief as she took in the atmosphere. Whenever it felt dangerous and terrifying, she seemed to grow more and more excited as if the very notion of certain death was a long awaited friend. Suddenly Astra straighten up, her head lifted in the air and for a second, he could have sworn she was sniffing.

Wither's was about to turn to the man next to him, a fellow Reaver called 'Long' Jon, when he felt it. The chill that ran down his spine, the sudden silence that came over the regiments as not a single soul took a breath or said a word then, suddenly, the enchantment was broken as a single, powerful voice yelled, "Charge!"

His body jolted and moved to the command even before his mind had fully registered who it was or realized it had been yelled by none other then Astra, but he could not see. Just darkness and fog, but he could not stop. All around him, men and women of all races surged forth, to stop would be to die, to be trampled by the very people that he had hoped to protect him in this place. As Wither's ran forward, his breath came in spurt and he felt sick as if his stomach was in his throat, it was so hard to breath... and then the screaming started.

Everything happened so fast, to his right, 'Long' Jon let out a scream and a roar as some large bird flew into his face, clawing and pecking at him as Jon tried to grip and grab at it, his large hands seeming to be almost oafish and clumsy compared to the agile bird that was tearing away at his face, streams of crimson ran down his face as he struggled against the creature. Before Wither's could stop to try and help, the woman directly in front of him let out a painful wail, his head turned so fast that he thought his neck would snap as he spotted her, or at least, part of her. A trap of some kind had been sprung, wooden stakes had swung around and impaled her through her thigh and stomach, she kept screaming as she hacked and clawed at the trap, like a wounded animal trying to gnaw it's own leg off to escape. Fear bubbled in his chest, it was so hard to breath, to think, but still his body moved, pushed forward by a herd mentality as he surged forth with the survivors, barely slipping by the woman who was screaming, her eyes almost pleading with him to stop, to help her, to do anything, but he couldn't, and he looked away from her as he ran ahead.

As he gained distance, a new sound was heard, more screams and roars of anger, but also the sound of clashing steel, of the slicking of blades slicing through flesh. They emerged from the fog, a creature of man and beast, bodies covered in fur and markings that Wither's did not understand, but he did not need to as their great blades raised and fell. For all their monstrous and bestial appearance, they fought with an almost mechanical, inhuman, precision. Parry, move, slash, parry, move, slash, as they moved forward leaving a bloody trail of ruin behind them. It stood in stark contrast to the hordes of bloodied that fought with rabid abandon, throwing themselves at their new foe with little regards to skill or safety, as if eager to drown their foe in their own blood and strangle them while impaled on their blades. Wither's stood, watching the carnage, his body unable and unwilling to move, until it looked at him.

One of the creatures, a man, his long sword dripped the blood of the fallen that disappeared in the dense fog that swamped around their legs. Withers could not see it's eyes, but he knew they were on him. He could feel them. Without word, the figure approached, the fog moved around his legs as he marched, hacking and slashing his way forward. Wither let out a terrified whimper as his numb hands jumped down to the handle of the dirk Astra had given him so long ago, when he finally got it halfway out of the sheathe, his trembling hands failed him and the blade sank into the fog below. "No!" Withers screamed in despair as he sank to his knees, his hands frantically, blindly, searching the earth for the fallen weapon as if everything would be fine, that he would be safe, if he just had the dirk in his hand once more.

Even over the chaos of battle, he could pick up it's movements. It's foot steps as it drew closer and closer to him. As the wicked blade it carried was brought closer to his neck. Wither's risked a look up from his work in time to see one of the blooded, a young man with a shaved head, fling himself at his pursuer and for a brief instant, Wither felt the kindling of hope in his chest, but before the man got close, something grabbed him. The nearby tree had moved. The branches of the tree had stretched down to grab the blooded, hauling him up into the air as if he weighed no more then a child... then the blooded started to scream. The branches twisted and turned, pulling at his body as smaller twigs started to dig into his body, burrowing deeper and deeper into the flesh, moving under the skin until the Blooded was a distorted mess of wood and flesh and with the creaking of wood and a mighty heave, the blooded's body was pulled apart, exploding and raining blood and gore onto the earth below...

Wither's eyes sought the creature, the one that had pursued him.. and found it. It was staring right at him, right through him, as if there was no one else in this place besides them. Wither's let out a terrified groan, he didn't want to die. He didn't want to die. Not like this. Not here. His hands scrambled in the fog, still searching for the dirk, the dirk that would save him, because it had to, it had to! He didn't want to die. But the creature was immune to his mental please as it stepped closer and closer, the blood drenched blade held low as it seemed to slice it's way through the fog.

Closer and closer it stepped until it was right before him, on his knees, his hands still fumbling in the dark, Wither's looked up, up the creatures body until it found it's 'head'. A boar head that stared back down at them. Without word, it raised it's blade in the air with both hands, but in that moment, Wither's hands felt something. His hands gripped the blade, the metal slicing into his hands as he moved along it to grip the handle and with a single, panic and adrenaline filled burst, Wither's jumped forward and drove the point of the dirk into the rib of the monster. Warm blood flowed over his hand, as Wither's stared at the creature, it stared back and in his panic fueled mind, Wither's almost thought it starred in shock as if unable, and unwilling, to believe such a pathetic thing had just stabbed it. The long blade slipped from the creature's grasp as it's body grew weak... Wither's let out a sob as emotions swirled over him. Relief, anger, fear, sorrow.. guilt... That was until it started to move again. Wither's let out a terrified gasp as it's hands found its way to his throat and he fought for air as the thing tried to strangle him, even impaled as it was, determined to bring it to the underworld with it.

"D-Die!" Wither's screamed, rage burning away the fear and terror that filled his soul just moments before as he drove his dirk deeper into it's body, tearing the flesh with steel. What felt like an eternity passed before it finally fell, it's death grip let go as it tumbled to the ground, and Wither's collapsed with it. Wither's took deep gulps of air, as his body shook, "D-Die," Wither's said again as he stared at the parts of the body that peaked out of the fog. The world kept moving around him as Wither's stared, as his mind struggled to regain control, as his body trembled with adrenaline, slowly, without understanding why he was doing it, his hand reached down to the boar's head and he pulled and slowly it came off to reveal.. a man.

Face covered in markings and tattoos, but it was just a man. Air whooshed out of his chest as he wasn't sure if he was supposed to laugh or cry at the sight. It was a man! He was a man! Just a man! A man! The phrase passed through his mind over and over again, he felt dizzy, light-headed as his mind processed and processed. They were all just men. Just men. They had tried to kill him. Him! But he killed them! Just men.. "Just men," Wither's said, his wide eyes memorizing the face of the slain warrior as something new came over him, something hard and cold, a rage the likes of which he had never felt before. His eyes jumped to the woods, to the shadows in the distance, to the fighting that waged around him and Wither's released a scream of anger into the night as he charged forward, caught up in the whirlwind of death and violence that had been unleashed on the forest.

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Settlements
Red Dawn - Capital [Lv. 1]
Arachno Peak - Military Settlement [Lv. 1]

Total Troops
5 Blooded
2 Basic Boats
2 Strange Zombies
1 Drider Warrior
1 Drider Charger
1 Reaver
Alina Romanov [Novice Mage]
Xilm [Hero]

Deployment
Army 1
1 Blooded
2 Strange Zombies
1 Drider Warrior
1 Drider Charger
1 Reaver
Xilm

Red Dawn Garrison
4 Blooded
Two Basic Boats

Ancillary
Alina Romanov [Forcing Marching to Academy, 1/3 Turns]
Squeaks [Force Marching to Umbra, 1/2 Turns]

Order/Happiness
0/-1

Population
14/
25

Sacrifice Tokens

6

Armory
Ring of Obstinance [Equipped to Xilm]
This ring has been with the Cult since its founding. The ring embodies the spirit of the Ascendancy, to never submit, to fight against all odds and let no power lead them astray.
If the bearer is ever the target of a suppression effect [Any effect that would remove abilities, policies, advancements, magic or artifact powers, etc], roll a D10. On a 1-2, the ring fails and the bearer is hit as normal, on a 3-9, the suppression effect does not activate and the bearer is immune to any similar abilities for the turn and on the roll of a 10, the bearer is supercharged for the turn gaining stat bonuses against whatever foe, or foes, that tried to suppress them.

Unknown Artifact

Advancements
Blood Tithe [Lv.1]: Gain 10% of population cap as resources a turn
Arena [Lv.1]: Gain a Hero on roll of a 10. Can only have as many heroes created in this fashion as have capital levels

Turn Rolls To Be Made
Gain Arena Hero [Roll of a 10]
Gain a Random Troop from a Random Nation [8+]

Quest
Sacrifice 10 Units [0/10]

Resources
Start of TurnIncomeExpenditureRemaining
428-4010


≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Actions
1. Recruit Drider Warriors [Arachno Peak]
2. Recruit Drider Warriors [Arachno Peak]
3. Advancement: Slave Pens*

*Leaning towards chance to get a blood slave a turn, or maybe a chance to get two slaves when one is made, but if ya have an idea that sounds cool, feel free to use that one instead.

Free Actions
Army 1 will hold and loot [will not pursue]
Army 1 will move N and Explore
2 Blooded from Garrison will force march to reinforce Army 1
 
Last edited:

Twist

Of Fate
Yamabuki

Settlements
Huang He (Capital Level 1)
Shan (Standard Level 1)

Advancements
Fishing Wharf: Can recruit fishing vessels. Non combatant units that generate 5 resources a turn. Can be recruited two for one at the cost of an elite unit, although recruited in one turn. May only have 4x where X is capital Level.

Lumber Yard: 1 action to settlement construction/upgrades
Longmen Journey Shrine: At the start of a turn where happiness is negative, roll a d10. On a 10, it returns to 0.


Total Troops
3 Samurai Troop
3 Monk Troop
4 Wyrms Elite
2 Boats
Dragons Gate Non-Combatant
2 Fishing Boats Non- Combatant


Order/Happiness
0/0

Population
12/15

Orders
Paid Actions:
Build Advancement Stone Quarry (10 resources)
Build Advancement Clay Pit (10 resources)
Build Advancement Dam (10 resources)



Free Actions:
Recruit Dragonic Unit with the Dragon Gate Wyrm (Free)
Movement (Army One) 1 Tile North West
Exploration (Army One) 1 Tile North West

Army One
2 Samurai
2 Monk
2 Wyrms


Movement (Army One) 1 Tile Southwest

Army Two
2 Wyrms
1 Dragon Gate


Resources

Start: 90
Income: 50
Expenditure: 30
End: 110




The Red Mother strolled through the forest, her nonchalance and flowing robe making her look almost like a autumnal leaf wafting down on to the debris covered dirt. While the royal guard had heeded her to wait for the boat to return, Wu couldn't, or more appropriately wouldn't wait for her son's return, his constant vigil out into the waters after his sabbatical stroll amongst the people proving tiresome to the military matriarch.

So she had slipped away with the troop meant for transport, another batch of woeful Wyrms and the divine Dragon Gate itself. Carried by it's retainers on a elaborate palanquin, the golden gate sat on a peaked oaken platform, composed of flumes and slides for the delivery of fish by it's carriers. This descent into the magical mouth transformed these piscine pursuants into the golden gods of the river. Golden gods under her command, for she was their Mother and they were here true children.

But as Wu looked at her dragonic defenders she couldn't help but almost detest them, these beings were only pale imitations of the real thing, common carp and feeble fish metamorphized into something more suitable. Though the Red Mother did much prefer them when they were in this state, fresh out of the gate, these Wyrms were wild and headstrong, tearing through the trees and smashing past stones as their new form overwhelmed them with the new scents, sounds and sights.

All the commotion seemed to draw a few spectators, doe eyed deer and belligerent boar with only the former seeming to have the brains to leave, as the Wyrms stared with wild eyed fascination at the watching wildlife, saliva dripping from their dagger teeth. With the trip long and the Wyrms at her command, she let them loose on the proud pig with bored indifference, with the dragons on it in mere seconds, an evil smile on Wu's lips as snarls and squeals erupted under the canopy of leaves.


[/font]
 
Last edited:

Dest

The Sane One
"I bring good fortune," taking his place at the front of the council Requan smiled, "Warchief Callerhan has made an ally out of a group of beings called the Blizzen, they are beings who seem to be made of naught but snow and twigs, not unlike what our children would make during winter. He reports as well that they were fighting a group of beings that he said were called Abominables but that they are no longer an issue."

"How sure are we of this information? The warchief has yet to disappoint but I don't want us to be blindsided by these creatures at an inopportune moment," Leona Twilight, leader of the Twilight tribe, questioned, ever cautious after her tribe nearly being wiped out just before the alliance.

"He said that he believes that they wiped out most of that tribes fighting force, something that he says he regrets having to do but that it had to be done. Moving on, I vote that we make improvements on our gathering of resources, we are barely able to support ourselves as is. All those in favor?"

Eleven hands were raised, the leader of the Talon tribe being unable to attend the meeting due to illness, thus causing one of the rare times that the entire council was in agreeance over something.

"In that case I propose we ask the nature spirits who help guard us to attempt a blessing upon our crops, with winter coming protection for them throughout could give us an edge over others. In addition I believe we should send hunters out into the plains, it has been long enough that the herds should be replenished from the drought four years ago."

"I agree, I have seen many strong herds during my own ranging's on the plains," Rahdek Storm, leader of the Storm Tribe, said from his seat on the other side of the chamber. "I would also like to see our new settlement finished soon so that it can begin to help us produce more in the way of resources."

"I plan to send some of my builders there after the meeting Rahdek, I to wish to see it finished," Vulpes Claw spoke up from his seat next to Leona, the graying Vulpine stood so that he could more easily be seen. "I also wish to rest the rumors that I have heard being spread, I am planning to bring my nephew Tasuma back into the clan should he succeed in a task deemed suitable by myself and Council Head Requan. I do not forgive him for his actions, but I hope that he can prove himself to be worthy of the return of his name."

"Well said Vulpes, I will go to meet with the spirits in accordance to the council's desire and will dispatch some of my shamans with your builders so that they may attempt to place their blessings upon our new settlement as well," many eyes turned to Bos Moon, the elderly leader of the shamanistic Moon tribe, shocked to hear him speak at all. "I expect their safe return for the winter rituals however, I will need them for the ceremonies."

"Does anyone else have anything else they would like to be brought to attention," Requan said. "No one? Good. I call this meeting of the council to an end and hope to see all of you when we reconvene next month. I will ensure that Ruby receives the news of what has occurred today, the healers also say that she should be recovered enough to be at the next meeting so that we can have a full council once more."​

Resources
Start of TurnIncomeUsageRemaining
1525 (Extra 25% due to order)400

Settlements:
Sunset Mountain (Level 1 Capital)
Storm's Rest (Unfinished Farming Settlement. 2/3)

Troops
Army of the Earth (Army 1):

2x Bulls
1x Fox
1x Earth Shaman
2x Blizzen
Tal 'Ki (Hero)
Blacktop the Undaunted (Hero)
Callerhan (Non-Hero Story Character)

Order/Happiness
1/0

Population
10

Paid Actions
Advancement: Bless the Harvests
Advancement: Hunt the Plains
Finish Settlement Storm's Rest

Free Actions
March Army of the Earth (Army 1) one tile southwest
Army 1 explore southwest tile​
 

GrieveWriter

U-Incorporated 2nd Class Type Unit
The Days of the New Cultivation were upon all...
27631d004316b2bc5f6d5336bf08f4e7.jpgCorpsemaker Irecap was fully aware of this, had felt the yearning of the growth through every portion of his being. The Assembly had been readying for it ever since word came that the Soilings had completed construction of the Spine. Of course, the Flessi cultivated soon after would make the place more of a bastion instead of a Soilings playground, but it had reached the level it had needed to be for their purposes.

And so once his work in the lands south of Carcass were finished, Irecap had readied himself for the journey east, to play his part in the New Cultivation with vim and vigor. With leaves trailing from the sweeping form of his skirt as it dragged along the forest floor, he kept the tip of his blade pointed down as the days passed around. There was no rush, the New Cultivation was a slow and steady process they were all to engage in.
The Sun and moon passed overhead, the weather shifted and the winds turned. But he didn't stop his precession once in weeks, not until the Spine was visible to his eyes.

What had once been an unconquered mountaintop that had been wasted on the nameless cretins who took advantage of it, was now visibly distorted by the work of the Soilings. What had once been peaks of rock and dirt were now capped by visible signs of the growth. Fungus of blue and purple now coated a number of peaks where Irecap had heard the Nameless previously congregated. The infested mountain cast a faint, blue and purple glow along the horizon.

It was nothing short of beautiful.

But in his adoration of the distant mountaintops, Irecap had grown distant from his own surroundings. By the time he'd returned, he found himself surrounded by beings he was all too familiar with. The bent legs, the reptilian skin, those wide mouths bent into vicious snarls and rectangular irises that locked onto him with murderous intent. These same creatures were the ones who had wasted their mountains, who had lost the right to them through their disregard and conniving mannerisms.

But the decree of the Architect was heard, so these creatures had no name to call their own.

That didn't exactly stop them from waving jagged spears and bent daggers towards him as they closed in.

"Hmm, hiding close to home must be difficult." Irecap's chorus of voices mused on the Nameless beings finding him so far from their former home "I was assured Blueglow and the Soilings had driven you from these woods."

"Can't get rid of a 'pathian once we's in a place, Shroom boy!" one of the Nameless spat, her stolen scimitar glinting in the rays of sun as she pointed it towards Irecap "First mistake was thinkin' we couldn't come back!"

Irecap nodded, "I'll have to inform Blueglow his purging efforts must gain higher levels of Potency then."

"Second mistake!" Another Nameless raised a shovel which had been crudely sharpened into a spear "Was thinking you was gettin' that chance!"

He rushed Irecap, who took a deep breath before raising his sword and leaning his forehead against the flat of the blade as the Shovel-Spear was launched towards him.

In a flash of speed and falling leaves, the shovel-spear was bisected before it could reach him. The Thrower choked on his own growl as they watched Irecap rise and place his forehead to the flat of the blade once again.

"Please reconsider, my blade is meant for ceremonial dismemberment." Irecap informed them "Not battling in the midst of-"

The sword-bearer came in swinging hard amidst a chorus of battle-cries, their thirst for vengeance unquenchable.

More leaves floated up around Irecap as she charged at him, only for him to be dragged away from her strike as if by some invisible hand. His feet tore up grass and dirt as they scraped along the floor. But even his unorthodox method of relocation hadn't fully dragged him from harm's way, as the moment he stopped another one of the Nameless leaped off a tree nearby and sailed down towards him with jagged scraps of metal glinting in his hands.

Irecap twirled out of the way before having to swing his sword back to deflect the strike of the sword-bearer's next swing. Once more he was pulled from betwixt the two of them, only for the cry of a larger Nameless wielding what could easily be mistaken for a log to draw Irecap's gaze.

As the massive hunk of wood came down towards him, Irecap swung his sword overhead and cleaved in twain before hopping out of the way of a thrown spear.

Once his feet touched to the ground, he looked up to see many of the Nameless rushing him again. Closing his eyes, he gripped his sword in two hands before kneeling.

"Very well." he muttered before spewing a thick yellow mist from his eyes. There wasn't much, but what was there quickly engulfed his blade as he loosened his grip. The Yellow mist alone had been enough to give some of his attackers pause. But the ones who didn't were suddenly slowed by the sight of the sword tearing itself from Irecap's grasp and flinging itself handle-first into the gut of the nearest Nameless.

As she collapsed, the sword twirled through the air whilst covered in that ethereal Yellow mist. Groaning, Irecap rose to his full height before glancing to his floating sword and nodding to himself.

Raising his hands, he clasped them together as the Nameless broke free of their shock and targeted him once more.

The Sword Bearer was fit to reach him first, but she proved more cautious than she'd been during her first charge. The Swish of wind and the flutter of leaves drew her attention to the floating sword as it once more dove handle first. She rolled out of the way as it rammed into the ground, bouncing off and spinning through the air as another Nameless tried throwing a rock at it.

The Sword-Bearer was fit to yell something, only for more fluttering leaves to draw her enraged glare towards the side in time to leap out of the way of Irecap's sweeping kick. He slid after her, offering her no space to properly use her weapon, and soon she had to lean out of the way as his hands shot towards her throat. Missing, he instead spewed another haze of yellow into her eyes before she could bring the sword down.

As she stumbled, another Nameless pulled her out of the way of Irecap's next grasp, only for the handle of Irecap's sword to ram into the side of his head and send him spinning away.

Irecap stood tall as the Nameless moved to surround him again, his sword floating to his side as he clasped his hands behind his back. The Sword-Bearer finished waving off his small clowd of yellow mist, growling before catching sight of her kin surrounding their target.

"Don't let 'em get away with that slippery stuff!" she shouted, pointing towards Irecap with her weapon "He ain't even slashin' any of you!"

"I told you," Irecap pointed towards his floating sword "this is meant for Ceremonial-"

"Enough!" The sword-bearer shouted "Take his legs! Take his arms next and-!"

The heavy 'Thunk' interrupted her words, and soon the rest of the Nameless were looking back to see the Sword-Bearer's head caved in by a massive length of fungal covered wood. Her rectangular irises darted wildly as she sputtered and gasped, mouth failing to form words as a hand shakily reached up towards the fungal staff which had cratered her skull. Behind her, leaning from a large tree, a regular Flessi tilted his head at her movements before yanking his staff back.

DamUb9oVMAEP4LV.jpgThe Nameless Sword-Bearer collapsed to the ground as the Flessi finished emerging, turning his attention to Irecap and his quarries with a low groan.

"Trouble?" the Flessi's own chorus layered the simple question in a myriad of emotions at once.

"Of the manageable kind." Irecap shrugged as he plucked his sword out of the air.

The Flessi nodded slowly, turning its attention back towards the treeline as the sound of heavy footsteps reached them. The Rest of the Nameless began backing away, their momentum broken by the realization that their prey was no long alone.

The ones who didn't flee first were subject to the slow trickle of Flessi, Shamans, herders and warriors alike; all making their way through the trees. Irecap kept still, watching as the Nameless who foolishly chose to continue fighting were surrounded and beaten, the larger figures of the Flessi bringing staves and clubs down upon scales with deafening force. The smarter among them had fled from the beginning, one even eyeing Irecap with unbridled rage before fleeing from the encroaching Flessi.

By the time it was over, the site had become a scene of destruction. Large craters where the Flessi weapons had rammed into the ground instead of the target, a tree now had a one of the nameless's broken and battered bodies rammed straight through its trunk. The rest of the Nameless who fell there faired little better, shattered remains that Irecap knew he'd have to dismember properly before he could continue his trek.

"Blueglow will have to wait some time longer, I see." Irecap sighed as the Ranchers and shepherds continued their march.

A quick tap of his sword against the ground was all he needed to signal for the aid of several warriors who had accompanied the shepherds. Though they were pretty much indistinguishable from the shepherds and herders they protected, they lacked the herds and cattle that they others supervised.

With a quick order to begin collecting bodies, Irecap turned away from them towards the mountains. The Spine still pulsed its beautiful swirl of fungal hues, but Irecap knew it was more than that. It was a desire for sustenance that was undoubtedly mirrored in every land touched by the growth. The Assembly had planned the New Cultivation for some time now, and the Flessi passing Irecap with their herds was just the start.

Fungal creatures were already maturing new food within their bodies already, the Nameless would soon join in the reconstruction of the Growth's form.

Similar occurrences were taking place all in lands around Carcass and the spine, a great spread of forces to engage in the next step of the New Cultivation.

And already Irecap could feel his contribution blossoming into a pleasant feeling radiating along his frame. Though he would never display his passion with as much vigor as Whitebranch or restrain it as Blueglow did, he allowed himself a pleased sigh as he lifted his sword-

-and got back to work.
Colonies
Carcass (Lvl 2 Capital Colony)
The Spine (Lvl 1 Standard Colony)

Policies and Advancements
Cultivate & Spread- Any tile the Assembly leaves units on for long enough will be converted into a Growth tile, whereas successfully building colonies instantly converts them.

Units
Carcass Garrison
2 Flessi
1 Shellbound
The Spine Garrison
1 Soiling
2 Flessi
Army 1
1 Flessi

Movement

1 Flessi Moves from Spine Garrison north one tile
1 Flessi moves from Spine Garrison southwest one tile
1 Flessi Moves from Carcass Garrison northeast one tile
1 Flessi moves from Carcass Garrison southeast one tile
Actions
1.Cultivate 2 Flessi for The Spine Garrison
2. Cultivate 2 Flessi for Carcass Garrison
3. Begin Construction of Farming Settlement at Army 1's location (1/3)

Free Actions
(N/A)

Resource Transactions
Balance: 90 REC
+Income:
(Carcass: 40) +(Growth's Boon 25%) =50 REC
(Standard Settlement: 20) +(Growth's Boon 25%) = 25

-Expense:
Cultivate 2 Flessi for The Spine Garrison (New Kin) 30 REC
Cultivate 2 Flessi for Carcass Garrison (New Kin) 30 Rec
Construction of Farming Settlement Full Price 50 Rec


New Balance: 55
 

Verus

New Member
Act II, Turn 3

At last classes could finally start in the newly constructed classrooms. Tom, James and Cain had hoped for some excitement, flinging spells around, learning some combat moves, but as they received their rosters they learned otherwise.



“All this shit is theoretical, when are we going to learn some real magic?” Tom muttered darkly. James nodded his head in sombre agreement, but did not look surprised.

“It was bound to happen.” He said sagely. “I think old Brimstone is grooming us to teach the next generation of magisters.” Cigarettes were passed around and a quiet fell over the room as they overthought what James had said.

“Fuck that, I’ve been hearing stories about McRoy meeting goblins, I’m not going to teach some whimps their first spells, the old bastard can shove it.” Cain exclaimed.

“Well now mister Vastros, is that any way to talk about the headmaster?” A cold voice said in the door opening. Dean Witherfoot’s eyes were black, like dark tunnels that never reached the surface. The dean had the personality to match his eyes. His skin held an unhealthy yellowish tint that reminded James of disease. The fact that the man was always preceded by the smell of garlic. Had they not been smoking they would have smelled the dean long before he arrived and prepared accordingly.

As things stood, Dean Witherfoot was about to break into a tirade when he was interrupted by a polite cough.

“Headmaster!” Witherfoot wheezed, as if his breath had been stolen from him.
“Dean Witherfoot, boys.” Carmine said, his face looking a little less stern then usual. “I saw smoke rising from the window and thought to check if things were alright. I seem to have interrupted something.”

Dean Witherfoot’s expression turned eager. “Headmaster, I caught these boys slandering your good name! I thought I would punish them.”

Carmine raised a hand. ‘I would remind you that free thought and speech will always be a priority of this school as long as I am headmaster. Although I disapprove of foul language, it stains the tongue, I would not have these students punished for speaking their minds. That is what they took the boat here for. Now, I suggest that everybody heads outside for a refreshing walk and then back to studying.’ The lads didn't let the headmaster tell them twice and with gloating smiles they quickly left the room.

With an uncharacteristic happy sounding good afternoon to a sour looking Witherfoot, the headmaster was on his way again.

Actions:

Movement:

Elite adapt Loyd McRoy moves 1 tile south east

Free actions:

Recruit novice: Charles Chooser (See strength: Growing student body)

Elite Adapt Loyd McRoy Explorers

Recruit: mercenary hut, Rin’ Gin, HP 3 Movement 1 Attack 3 Offense 4 Defense 2 Earth Magic- During Battle can use one of these spells: Earth Crush- on a 8+ trap 1 enemy unit, no matter power or abilities. Earthquake- Roll a d10 for each enemy unit on the field. On a 8+ deal 1 damage. If every enemy unit is hit in this manner, alter the damage to 2. However if no enemies are hit, the Hero takes 1 Damage instead (cost 40 upkeep)

Paid Actions:

Upgrade capital to level 3, 3/6 actions, -90 resources



Economic Table:

Start of Turn Income Tuition Current Expenditure Next Turn
85 +60 +35 180 -170 10
Paper tokens table

Start of turn Income Expenditure Next turns
0 0 0 0
Advancement Table

Name Effect Level
(Free) Dormitories +1 Happiness 1
Small lecture hall theoretical lessons can be taught here to a maximum of 20 students, upgrades to medium lecture hall. Students following this track produce magical research, in game terms paper tokens. Every 5 paper tokens can be exchanged for a free advancement (specifically about magic). A student can only gain 1 paper token every turn. Once a student graduates it no longer produces paper tokens. 1
Small practice ground practical lessons can be taught here to a maximum of 20 students, upgrades to medium practice grounds. Students following this track can be taught combat spells, which increase their stats and abilities. 1
Student Roster:

Name Turn Rank Type Location Track(s)
Tom Richards 3 Adapt Troop The Academy Theoretical
James Dunwall 3 Adapt Troop The Academy Theoretical
Loyd McRoy 4 Adapt Elite The Academy Practical
Cain Vastros 3 Adapt Troop The Academy Theoretical
Lana Lockhart 2 Novice Troop The Academy Theocratical
Arya Freemason 2 Novice Troop The Academy Practical
Charles Chooser 1 Novice Troop The Academy Theoretical
 

Lazaro1505

Skeleton Boi
(W.I.P… adding the fluff later… sorry for the lack of story here, but tired and I would add the rest tomorrow)
The Fafrium EmpireB694CFC4-54DA-4D09-982E-B88817A66E36.jpeg

Military Camp:
2BA56373-F57A-4539-B41E-E44246E0A012.jpeg

As of expected for such a place… the camp was alit with activity… especially with the recent news of what had occurred within




Settlements:
-Ferro-Civiatem/Capital
-Battenburg/Farm

Order:
0

Happiness:
0

Population:
7/10

Army:
-Hollyreign
-1x Military Police
-1x Scout
-4x Infatrymen

Actions;

Paid actions:
1. Lvl 1 advancement, for Military Police: “Sharpened axes”
2. Lvl 1 advancement, for Infatrymen: “Improved combat gear
3. Lvl 1 advancement: “Shovel Ogre battalion”

Resource gain/Expenses;

Current Resources:
110

Resources per turn:
130 resources (added 10 from Strength to capital, added 20 to farm, 40 gained from exploration)

Expenses:
-60 from advancements
-40 from artifact buyin

Mabiongi stealing my shit: -20

Total amount left:
120 resources​
 

Athanas

You needed someone to blame, so you cast it on me.
"Check it again." Mumbled Yaroslav, looking over the old man's shoulder in front of him as he fumbled with an almost comically large stack of papers, looking for the folders pertaining specifically to the records concerning the stash of building materials that should have been on their ships. The manifest claimed that the total amount would come to a total of around 450 kilograms for this particular batch, but there were pitifully few crates around for that to even be a distinct possibility. Yaroslav would know, he had had great...practice in being able to quickly gauge the value of objects at a glance.

And yet the old man once again shrugged and sighed, failing to find anything wrong or out of place with the paperwork. Great, incredible-that meant that the loss had happened after they had landed, which meant it was but four days. Four god-forsaken days was all it took for someone to requisition such an enormous amount of materials...and to what end? This was an organized effort, no person alone could haul off such an amount. Was there a faction of dissenters already? Did they intend to run off with their supplies in the middle of the night? He assured himself that it couldn't be so. Morale was still high, well, as high as could be, considering past events. And besides, they had not even the slightest idea what lay in this strange new land. For someone to run off, they would first need assurances that the alternatives were better.

The reminder that they were, indeed, in such a strange land brought a new wave of anxiety over him. What if there were countless savages and monstrosities ready to assault them at any given opportunity? Already some of the preliminary spotters reported back that there were signs of civilization not that long a march away from New Krenichov. Was there any guarantee that they would not seek to make subservient slaves out of them?

Less than a week of having to provide guidance for these people and already he was losing his grasp. What would she do, in his place? Would she bring together a group to track down the thieves? Or maybe try to establish some stricter policies regarding retrieving supplies?

No, that wasn't it. She always insisted that their greatest strength was each other. That no amount of rules could ever substitute the true human desire to help one another. As such, he needed but to speak to them. He needed to explain the importance of unity now more than ever. He thanked the elder before him for his diligence, then began moving through the settlement, spreading the word that he intended to give a public speech later that evening about the matter of the lost supplies.

With some mirth, he spotted a small gathering of some of his friends, who had convened to drink after a long day of work. Nothing wrong with that, as they were off duty anyway, though he did wonder what on earth they could possibly have to celebrate. Having no time to meaningfully interact with them, as he wanted to get the speech done before sunset, he simply waved a greeting at them and continued onwards.


"Man, Yaro sure seemed to be a in a rush. Could it be that something happened?" said one of the gathered laborers, a tall, muscle-bound woman with greying hair. "Sure hope it's not anything serious, you know? We just got here."

Another man, a stout, slightly overweight dwarf, waved his hand as he refilled his cup with moonshine. "Nonsense! What could've possibly angered him? Nothing, I say, nothing at all. Now then, where was I? Oh yes, the sword. So, y'see, I was gonna let it go, but there was this other, really annoying fella there....Yeah, yeah, he looked like some sort of spoiled brat, ya know? So I felt like I had to have it. So I told a few friends o'mine to help me get some of the stuff that the guy was asking for, and what do ya know? I won, prim and proper. Should've seen the brat's face, hah! Like I whipped 'im over me knee!"

The orc cracked a smile, though a hint of concern clouded her features. "Fun story, fun story...but wait, you said you gave him some...'stuff'? How much?"

Another wave, followed by a deep shrug. "Ah, wasn't a lot, I'm sure! Just some scrap 'ere and there, and all that. I can't say I remember exactly how much it was, I was a little...kicked off, at the time, but I'm sure it cannae 'ave been that much! Anyways, another?"

(Starting units-1 Laborer, 1 Mob, 1 Miner, 1 elite)

Worker mob moves west. Constructs Farming settlement(2 paid actions)
Miners explore capital.
Laborer unit appears in capital due to policy.

Adopt Policy: Repurposing of Wealth- A lot of the more...exotic will be melted down, and turned into useful resources that are more applicable for day-to-day scenarios. This does, unfortunately, carry the side effect of making finding weapons to arm soldiers with that much harder.

Effect: Increases production bonuses by 25%(cumulative with the strength)

Drawback: While this policy is active, costs of exploiting Decentralized goverment weakness will be reduced by 30%(both minimum and effective). Costs of training military units will increase by an additional 10/15/20%. Military settlements cannot be constructed.
 

Trektek

Happy Necromancer
Birth of Nations: Act 2: Age of Colonialism

Winter has fallen. All units are at -1 movement and any fighting that takes place after movement will be at -1/-1 (Unless a nation has no weather penalties or an advancement against the type of weather)


Boyle had a report in his hand. It was the one detailing a special event that due to extenuating circumstances last time, only came around once. The pet project of the Commander. Something that he knew would be quickly signed off on.

The sound of his thick metal boots could be heard clinking and clanging on the floor as he walked, long before he knocked on Commander Le’Grange’s office door.

“Enter.” The voice that responded was one that exuded authority as it spoke.

Boyle wasted no time in walking in and placing the report down on the desk before him. “The Colosseum plans, Commander.”

Le’Grange quickly glanced down before picking up the pad and scanning through the data held within. Without looking up, he spoke to Boyle. “Is everything in place?”

“Yes. On your command, the structure can be build within the week and then it’ll be another week to make sure that all the proper adjustments can be made for the different combatants that will be participating.”

“Good.” The Commander responded without looking up from the data. “Start immediately.” He placed his thumb up against it for his authority before signing off. “The nations of this land, colonial or otherwise have begun preparing well. But we shall see if they will be able to handle what is to come soon enough.”

---------------------------------

Clan Spike Horde

Chieftain Grizzakis was pleased. Already, his alliance with this nation of Cogs from across the sea has borne fruit. An ally in helping them advance their technology, one that will better allow their people to fight and be protected from the dangers of flying cities. But also that will allow them to become better and more prosperous people.

Perhaps he was merely taken in by the words of the Cog’s leader, but that hope of technology leading to a better tomorrow was a vision that was difficult to give up.

In fact, he was planning on bringing his people into the future, even if he had to do so with them kicking and screaming in order to have it done.

Interrupting his train of thought was the angry sounds of youth. Mahk burst into the room, even pushing both verbally and physically past those that attempted to stop him. The young man was dress in leather and chain armor, with furs and feathers along the shoulders.

“You can’t be serious, Chieftain.”

“I am most serious on this matter.” The older man knew exactly what this was about, and it is why he was being chosen for this task.

“You can’t possibly be sending me to babysit those weaklings to the East? They need machines to fight their enemies for them. Machines and those Guns. They don’t fight up close and personal. How do you feel the visceral thrill of the battle? This…this is an outrage!” Mahk was fuming and pacing as he aired his angry thoughts. Grizzak placed a meaty palm on the boy’s shoulder.

“Think of this as a chance to learn the answers to your questions. Perhaps their reasons for fighting this way will be worthy of what you discover. Or perhaps they truly are as weak as you believe. However, from what I’ve seen of their leadership, that much is doubtful to me. Now pack your belongings, your journey to the Cogs begins tomorrow.”

Still steaming, Mahk quickly bowed and left the room without another word. He might be heading to the Cogs, but he didn’t have to like it.

Actions: Upgrade Capital to Level 2


—-------------------------------------------------
The Auctioneer was content. This hall was brimming with energy as it was filled with bidders once more. Its purpose was being fulfilled as a space for holding items of vast importance until they could swap hands into one who had paid the appropriate amount.

A wonderful start for a place that shortly before was abandoned as a crypt of the damned.

The current ones up for bid are:


Ornamental Sword

A beautiful piece of craftsmanship that looks like it had a ton of care and effort put into its creation.

Giant Slayer

Hits from the warhammer known as the Giant Slayer are powerful enough to bring even the hardiest beast to its knees.

The Cleaver

A weapon with unmatched sharpness. With minimal effort, it can cut a man in half.


Month 4, Turn 4, Year 1290

FR__ytU1DUtTxMt-mtjbRCNNZnEm9W5HyDKjhhtfCGI4lhDaSMsLrSy_ZNhIP4ieBk9tUkf7LT5HdUQEYx-j9X0VTr0Cs8VLrP-Xhe0v_NXKSjDgdjzehwDCXxjD9k-_ShVHZmRD


Penumbra
  1. Construct Way of Light Statue in Teera (Farming Settlement)​
  2. Train Spectrum Sailor Unit in Umbra (1/2)​
  3. Train Spectrum Sailor Unit in Umbra (1/2)​
Explore Terra: Thick Fog covers the land. There is a approaching darkness that lurks around nearby. Exploring, they come across a strange Golem covered with Moss and vines. Its eyes glow a golden yellow. (Continued in Exploration)

Gained 5 Fear tokens from Mabinogi Raid:
-1 from raid
-2 from Fog due to Hero being Present
-x1.5 from Derwydd being present=4.5, rounded up to 5

Gain 1 Zombie under your control from the Necronomicon

Straed Collective

Upgrade Settlement: Prime Ship, Freedom - Capital(3/4)

Gained Hero Unit: Enigma Prime

Enigma Prime
Hero
HP 4
Attack 3
Offense 2
Defense 2
Goliath Programming: The power of the Orb has given this unit strength. +2 HP and +1 Attack
Aura of Power: Gives other Valkyrie units +1/+1

Lord Katazok
Civilian Hero
Additional Strength: The Power of Katazok: All troop units gain +1 HP
Additional Weakness: Unknown


Explore Mountains: A large encampment of Ogres can be seen from the skies. They seem crude and unbecoming from a distance. Their home seems to have wooden palisades and a moat. From knowledge of Ogres, it seems more like they wouldn’t have any of these. (Continued in Exploration chat)

A cloaked Figure appears outside the Council Chambers. (Continued in Exploration Chat)


The Mabinogi

Advancement: Llu Streic Cyflym - Level 1: After a raid or victory in combat, immediately move up to one hex with no penalties applied (unless already have penalties from extra movement previous turn). This can result in avoiding attacks declared after Mabinogi actions take place. (20 resources)

Advancement: Diwylliant Rhyfelwyr - Level 1: When a recruitment action is taken, may recruit one Rhyfelwr to any settlement for x1.5 resource cost. (20 resources)

Advancement: Adeiladwyr Tir - Level 1: Unlocks following unit:

Adeiladwyr Tir - Troop
0/1
For every Realm Shaper in a tribe, reduce the action cost of upgrading (tribes and advancements) by one, to a minimum of one. (20 resources)

Gains Empire Scout who defects due to happiness issues in the Empire

Explore the Volcano: A small tribe of Volcano worshipers sit at the bottom of the volcano. It seems that they are arguing who will get the honor of being this year’s sacrifice to the Volcano Spirits. (Continued in Exploration Chat)

Coghaven

Upgrade Forgeheart to Level 2 (4/4 Actions) (Complete)

Advancement (Lvl 1): Widgets (15 Resources) - Widgets generated every turn, collected sums able to be spent to reduce time or cost on advancements or mechanical units.

Advancement (Lvl 1): Aquatic Settlements (15 Resources) - Settlements may be built on water tiles.

Explore: A large and long bridge lays ahead of them on their journey. A very tall and very wide Troll seems to be guarding this bridge. Even far away, its stench is very strong. It seems to be wearing weapons and armor attached together as armor over its body. (Continued in Exploration Chat)

The Ascendant

1. Recruit Drider Warriors [Arachno Peak]
2. Recruit Drider Warriors [Arachno Peak]
3. Advancement: Slave Pens- Blood slaves are now trained two for the price of one

Roll for gaining troop from Nation: Gained troop from Mabingi. 1 Rhyfelwr

Explore: A large cave lay ahead, covered in Ice. It looks deep and dank. Skeletons litter the ground outside the cave. (Continued in Exploration Chat)

A cloaked figure approaches the Capital City Gates. (Continued in Exploration Chat)

Yamabuki

Build Advancement Stone Quarry (10 resources)- Construction costs 5% less resources
Build Advancement Clay Pit (10 resources)- Construction costs 5% less resources
Build Advancement Dam (10 resources)- Happiness Increases by 1

Exploration: Traveling through the forest in between the large mountains, it seems like they are being watched. (Continued in Exploration Chat)

Rahzen

Advancement: Bless the Harvests- 10 additional resources gained a turn
Advancement: Hunt the Plains- Unlocks Hunting civilian unit. Non combatant units that generate 5 resources a turn. Can be recruited two for one at the cost of an elite unit, although recruited in one turn. May only have 4x where X is capital Level.

Finish Settlement Storm's Rest

Explore: The ocean is vast before them. On the beachside, a large hut can be seen. Smoke coming out of the top, so someone must be home. A series of large stones are arranged in runes and other symbols. (Continued in Exploration Chat)


The Flessi Assembly

1.Cultivate 2 Flessi for The Spine Garrison
2. Cultivate 2 Flessi for Carcass Garrison
3. Begin Construction of Farming Settlement at Army 1's location (1/3)



The Academy

Upgrade capital to level 3, 3/6 actions, -90 resources

Explore: A small group of Stone Golems seem to be lingering around some sort of object on the ground. (Continued in Exploration Chat)

Sidequest unlocked:

Send Students to Investigate the flowing vein of Magical Energies underneath the Goblin Village

The Fafrium Empire

Gained 3 Fear Tokens and lost 2 Happiness from Raid:
-1 from raid
-1 from fog
-x1.5 from Derwydd being present=3
-Happiness was from raid roll coming out as 1, but any happiness or order penalties they receive are +1 due to weakness

1. Lvl 1 advancement, for Military Police: “Sharpened axes”- Gain +1/0
2. Lvl 1 advancement, for Infantrymen: “Improved combat gear- Gain 0/+1
3. Lvl 1 advancement: “Shovel Ogre battalion”- Unlocks Shovel Ogres

Shovel Ogres
Elite
HP 1
Attack 1
Offense 2
Defense 0
Comically oversized Shovels- At the beginning of battle, digs trenches that give all troops 0/+1. (Does not stack with additional Ogres). Allows the option for units to opt out of attacking that round to instead give covering fire. This prevents the unit from attacking that round, but for every 3 performing covering fire, decreases enemy defense by 0/-1.


Scout unit defects to Mabinogi due to the Happiness Penalties.


The Diggers


Adopt Policy: Repurposing of Wealth- A lot of the more...exotic will be melted down, and turned into useful resources that are more applicable for day-to-day scenarios. This does, unfortunately, carry the side effect of making finding weapons to arm soldiers with that much harder.

Effect: Increases production bonuses by 25%(cumulative with the strength)

Drawback: While this policy is active, costs of exploiting Decentralized government weakness will be reduced by 30%(both minimum and effective). Costs of training military units will increase by an additional 10/15/20%. Military settlements cannot be constructed.

Constructs Farming settlement

Explore Capital: A large abandoned Mine is discovered on the side of the mountain. (Continued in Exploration Chat)

Avvros



Mercenary Hut


Name Description # Available Cost Upkeep
Goblin Wolf Riders HP 1 Movement 2 Attack 1 Offense 0(1) Defense 0 Charge- Gives +1 Movement and during the first round of combat a +1/0 Goblin troopers in light armor that ride powerful wolves into battle. Counts as Troop type unit. 2 30 Resources 10 Resources
The Iron Axe HP 1 Movement 1 Attack 1 (2) Offense 1(2) Defense 1 (None) Iron Rage- During Battle, can rage for an extra +1 Attack and Offense for a guaranteed hit by the enemy on this unit. Burly Human Barbarians wielding large and heavy axes. A seething rage seems to lurk just beneath the surface, just waiting to be released. Counts as an Elite type unit 2 40 Resources 20 Resources
Ga’Lade’s Brigade HP 2 Movement 1 Attack 2 Offense 2 Defense 2 Honor in Combat- Can declare a duel and fight 1 unit vs 1 unit without any interference from any other unit. If a unit is defeated in this manner, they can be captured instead of killed. Soldiers wielding firearms and blades but wearing lightweight armor similar to that of a knight. They are trained from the order of knights that worked their way back to serving under the legendary Lord Ga’Lade, a hero from the Time of Chaos. Counts as a legendary Type unit 1 60 Resources 30 Resources
Rin’ Gin HP 3 Movement 1 Attack 3 Offense 4 Defense 2 Earth Magic- During Battle can use one of these spells: Earth Crush- on a 8+ trap 1 enemy unit, no matter power or abilities. Earthquake- Roll a d10 for each enemy unit on the field. On a 8+ deal 1 damage. If every enemy unit is hit in this manner, alter the damage to 2. However if no enemies are hit, the Hero takes 1 Damage instead A powerful Ogre that wields the lost magic of the Earth. Using powerful Gastric magic, he casts after he eats and as such, maintains a large appetite. Counts as a Hero Unit 1 80 Resources 40 Resources
 
Last edited:

CaptainSully

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
The Triumverate are here...
The Blood Moon Is Near...
3159cb35da86436141d146fcc72f2b83.jpg

  • db0c66ec4dcb027b6dcb7f45a31f5320.jpg
    From the thick fog a growing, blue light began to emerge. At first the size of a tiny firefly before it's full bloom came into view. With it was a silhouette of a short, extremely thin, horned figure. The figure swayed the lantern teasingly from side to side as it moved through the fog. As the figure drew closer to the outskirts of Ferro-Civitatem he would emerge from the fog and his inhuman nature would be on show for any observant guards. Unfortunately for them, he was not alone.

    The silhouette of Pwca came to a stop and he continued to sway his lantern from side to side before bringing it to an instant stop. His head leant to the side at the same unnatural angle his lantern had stopped moving before his lips pursed and let loose a whistle that echoed over the entire city.

    With the call one silhouette quickly multiplied to become a small army. Flanked by his army, still shrouded in the fog, Pwca whistled one more time and like a raging wave the fog and silhouette's ploughed forward into the city before them. It didn't take long for the screams to begin but away from them the slow, methodical approach of Pwca resumed. He hummed a soft tune that floated on the breeze, growing more haunted and twisted as it carried through the fog. One thing was for certain, the people of this city would pay for their leaders' failure to keep it protected.

 

LadyOfStars

Tu'er Shen the Rabbit God
Penumbra
STATS
001 Cities:
Umbra (Capital)
Barenziah (Farming Settlement)
Teera (Farming Settlement)
002 Faith: 2
Cities 3 (+3 Per Turn)
Temples: 2 (+4 Per Turn
Statues: 1 (+2 Per Turn)
003 Military:
Army 1:
2x DawnGuard (Greatswords)
1x Aurum Wyverns
1x Soleil Canon
1x Zombie
Army 2:
2x DawnGuard (Greatswords)
1x Aurum Wyverns
1x Soleil Canon
1x Spectrum Sailor

Way of Light
STORY

Dark clouds had loomed over the nation for days now, threatening heavy rain and dark days. The citizens were all prepared and ready for the storm of the century. Despite this though, they still prayed to the Goddess that she would banish the storm and protect their homes and their crops. Thunder had played over their heads for hours but no rain had fallen so many were still going about their days as normal. They had faith in the Goddess and rightfully so.

The drums of thunder came to an abrupt stop andthe unbelievable happened; the dark and heavy rain clouds were split open, parting around the nation like water around a rock. Then the moon’s brilliant light was dimmed by the shimmering of what appeared to be a star descending from the heavens. Glistening and twinkling above the capital, everyone who could see the shimmering object knelt down wherever they were and no matter what they had been doing.

“The Goddess.” Wyzen gasped as her arrival took him and so many others by surprise. He quickly dropped to his knees before the windows of his laboratory and lowered his head.

“The Lady of Light!” Cheered the residents of the cave cities. Drawn to her majesty, the mothfolk fluttered out of the cave entrance and into the open night air.

Bells across the city started to ring all by themselves tolling for the sovereign of Penumbra. Charlotte was unsure what was happening as she heard the city fall silent for the first time. It made her nervous and in her building uncertainty, she reached out for her only friend, Jorin the dwarf. Taking his already extended arm allowed her to see what was happening, albeit at a delay. Never had she witnessed such a miracle and never had she been so close to achieving her goals.

As the star continued its descent to the palace, the mothfolk encircled it and started chanting in unison.

“Our Lady of Light whose embrace brings life
Cleanse the world of all pain and strife.”

In just a few seconds they were joined by voices from the city below, all speaking simultaneously.

“We are never alone for we know your love
Your brilliance and wisdom, second to none
Through us your will be done.”

The star’s light started to glow even brighter, casting false daylight upon the nation.

“We serve your grace with fathomless faith
And when The Dawn comes, shall take our place.”

Reaching the palace steps now, the mothfolk dispersed as the radiant light died down to reveal Arlethane, The Lady, The Goddess Reborn. Charlotte and the other people who had made the steps of the palace their home, were all whipped up into a frenzy. Some desperate to gain an audience with the Goddess and some excited just to see her. Charlotte was speechless, stunned and in awe. The Lady stood at least 12 feet tall and although she had taken a physical form now, she still gave off a warm glow.

“Hello my children of Light.” Arlethane’s words sent a wave of light out from her body that began sweeping through the streets and washing over all those within the city. When it hit Charlotte she couldn’t stop herself from smiling as the divine wind danced through her grey hair and robes, filling her with a sense of calm and easing any discomfort she may have felt.

“I will see you now.” The Lady’s words played in Charlotte’s ears and for a moment she saw Arlethane point directly at her. It was something that no one else saw however as the vision was played directly in Charlotte’s mind.

“Meet me in the palace.” Again the Goddess’ voice played in someone’s ears, this time it was the Head Mage’s as she summoned him to appear before her.

nyMqW3fAyqoZGsoJWVjwSSy9EPf9aI8OeqA2339YlWXGluA51LTno7ydN-iIk6gZEGC0pOM4W91luMIICC7PjWjsKFSD5gA4JNnS8Qli3EXuuE8xuWq68oWroEVsrPboLOnkdv9r


The throne room of Penumbra was a masterpiece maintained purely by the divine power of the Goddess. From the frost covered trees to the gold and silver wings that formed the back of her throne. The ceiling replaced by what seemed to be an endless sky replicated the feeling of her home in the world of gods.

The wings, small and large, unfurled themselves at the arrival of the Goddess and as she moved to sit in her seat of power, she shrunk down to a more sensible 6 feet tall.

“Welcome home, Lady Arlethane/” Came the voice of the Head Mage just as she took her seat under the golden ring. “The mortal realm has greatly missed your presence.” He approached the throne with his wings folded and his head kept low.

“”Wyzen. I have been watching you and I’ve heard your prayers. You’ve done great work in my name and for our people. I will not forget that.” Her words brought a smile to Wyzen’s sca;ed face. “But I have not summoned you to me to reward you.” Quickly Wyzen’s smile slipped away.

He cleared his throat and nodded his head. “Of course. How may I be of service to The Lady?” The dragon asked.

“This is Charlotte.” To his left appeared the blind, elderly woman who was currently a homeless guest in the city. The soldiers who escorted her in quickly took their leave after bowing their heads in respect. “She is a seer who has come to us from very far away and at great expense to herself.”

Wyzen glanced at the ragged looking woman as she stood there with her head bowed. “A seer? What a rare gift. How can we help someone with sight beyond sight?” The dragon wouldn’t admit it but he was somewhat confused by the woman’s presence here.

Before Charlotte could speak, Arlethane snapped her fingers, drawing their attention to her while their eyes should have been on Charlotte’s attire. Slowly her clothes transformed from the tattered and worn cloths she had been wearing, to a fresh dress of purple and a cloth of gold covered her eyes in place of the dingy fabric she had used previously.

“Charlotte I have felt your faith within the city for the past few months and your devotion has earned you a reward. Please join Wyzen as a member of my council and take up the title of Head Seneschal. Your gift would be invaluable to spreading and maintaining the faith, and I can think of no one better suited to lead my Seneschals of Light as they go out and spread the Way of Light.”

Both Wyzen and Charlotte were beyond shocked by the offer presented to the homeless woman. Wyzen had been at Arlethane’s side and in her service for some time now, but had not even been considered for such a task. Charlotte had no idea what a seneschal was or what their role in the world would be. But that didn’t stop her. “I accept this magnanimous offer, Lady Arlethane!” She declared before she got down on her knees. “I had not come here in search of anything like this, but...please give me purpose...use me.”

A blissful smile crossed Arlethane’s face, but Wyzen felt worried, afraid, and these were emotions he had not felt in many years. “Your first task will be to seek out the most loyal and trustworthy of my flock to take up the mantle of Seneschals. Call them to a higher purpose than tending farms and cleaning pots. Then send them out into the world to convert the leaders of neighboring nations. Then I want you to find a great warrior who is pure of heart and willing to do anything to defend the faithful.”

As she tried to rise back to her feet, Wyzen assisted Charlotte. She was being given so much responsibility and such nice gifts before she had even done anything for the Goddess. “I will of course be here to help you wherever I can.”The old dragon promised.

“I will not fail you, Lady Arlethane, I swear I will carry out these tasks no matter what.” Charlotte said with the conviction expected of a person who had just met a divine being.

“I trust in you Charlotte and for the latter, perhaps you might find what we need in the cave cities.” Arlethane’s advice caught Wyzen by surprise and he had to actively hide his shock. He wondered what a bunch of moths and rats could do for the Penumbra military.

“Now both of you please go and enjoy the rest of your night, together or apart.” The seer and the mage both bowed their heads and when they raised them back up, they stood on the other side of the door to the throne room. “Come, Head Seneschal, let me show you to your quarters.” Wyzen offered.

ACTS

Cost Actions:
  1. Construct Way of Light Temple in Teera (Farming Settlement)
  2. Construct Way of Light Statues in Umbra (Capital)
  3. Construct Way of Light Statues in Barenziah (Farming Settlement)
Free Actions:
  • Army 2 moves SW 3 Tiles Onboard the Nightsilver (Spectrum Sailor)
  • Start Diplomacy with the Mabinogi
  • Pay 210 Resources to the Auctioneer
  • Slitherscop moves to Teera and joins Army 1

© pasta


Divine Power Progression




This Turn Income Expenses Next turn
Faith 25 9 0 34
Resources 210 100 210 100
 

Kent

Imagination will bring us everywhere
Act II, Turn 4
Prime Ship, Freedom - Capital Settlement


Kiel Wisteria, Sky Office Balcony
Kiel was leaning on his balcony balustrades when he heard a knock to the door to his office and it opening. He paid it no heed as it was most likely the person he was expecting.

"Winter's finally here." Kiel held out his palms as a snowflake landed on it. "But that shouldn't be any problem to the collective..."

"Indeed so." A figure approached from behind and leaned into the balustrade next to Kiel. "She'll take care of us."

"Zeke." Kiel smiles as he recognizes his fellow councilor's presence. "How was it?"

"Interesting, to say the least. If you were there you'd consider it as fun." Zeke was the collective's representative to the first auction in the continent. It was dangerous, Kiel was going to go to the auction himself when the portal appeared but he was convinced otherwise by his fellow councilors. They didn't really know what exactly was on the other side. Instead, Zeke went himself and he returned safely with some interesting stories to tell. "I didn't win anything, but I did make the auction extra fun."

Kiel looked at his best friend and chuckled. "You were being naughty again, weren't you?"

"Of course not!" Zeke smiled back mischievously. "Let's just say they paid more than the artifact's worth. Good news is, I met a mysterious guy who will possibly provide the collective some assistance. We should expect a visit from him soon."

"Then let's welcome him with open arms. I'm curious to know what his business with us is. After all, we did fail to get him that book." Kiel nodded. "What of the other factions present in the auction?"

"I met an interesting being. Squeaks, his name was. He was an idiot- sorry, intellectually challenged, is the right term perhaps? Anyways, there seems to be a faction called 'The Ascendancy' behind him."

"The Ascendancy." Kiel mused. "The cult from the old continent."

"We don't have much interaction with those people if any at all back in the old continent but they are indeed a group we should be cautious of. There was also this person that seemed to belong to some sort of religious faction. Atleast I assume so from what he was wearing and the fact that he mentioned something about The Lady and The Goddess. And another one that helped them win the magic book but I don't know much about them."

"Alright. We don't know much about them for now but I have a feeling we will have heavy interactions with them in the future." Kiel then turned his gaze to the city below him. The upgrade was still going on so there was a lot of scaffolding and flying construction equipment. "What do you think?"

Zeke looked to where Kiel was looking and chuckled. "Beautiful and majestic as always. The upgrade was a fantastic idea, the Engineer who proposed the idea was brilliant. You plan to take him under your wing?"

"Bromnir would shove me in a furnace if I try. He already claimed the kid as his successor." Both of them laughed. They continued to talk for a couple minutes until both of them had to return to their work.


Resources
Start of TurnIncomeExpenditure Remaining Next Turn
262121132130251

Income: [10(Fishing Ships), 40(Fishing Village), 20(Capital), 40(Farming Village)] + 10% = 121
-20% Total Resources from Weakness

Pure Magic Crystals
1

Settlements:
Prime Ship, Freedom - Capital Level 1
Fishing Village, Guardian Coast - Farming Settlement Level 1
Resource Ship 001, Bounty - Farming Settlement Level 1

Total Troops:
Enigma Prime
1 Aegis
1 Curator
5 Sentinels
2 Strongman

Deployment
Empyrean Legion(1st Army)
Enigma Prime
1 Aegis
1 Curator
5 Sentinels

Guardian Legion(2nd Army)
2 Strongman


Order/Happiness
0|0

Population
9/10

Magna Legacy
Prime Ship Freedom can fire its massive cannons into the fray but at a cost. Can attack during the battle for the chance to eliminate enemies. Roll a d10. On a 6+, kills a troop unit. On an 8+ kills 2 troops or 1 elite. On a 10, kills 4 troops or 2 elite, or 1 hero. Costs 20 resources to fire the cannons.

Crystal Cannons
Settlements count as a number of units equal to their level

Surveying Magical Technology
2 Dice rerolls every exploration

Enigma Prime
Flying Hero Unit
HP 5
Attack 3
Offense 3
Defense 3
Goliath Programming: The power of the Orb has given this unit strength. +2 HP and +1 Attack
Aura of Power: Gives other Valkyrie units +1/+1

Valkyrie
Flying Special Unit
HP: 3
Attack: 2
Off: 3(4)
Def: 3(4)
Safety Net: If this unit is destroyed, only 1 unit of the combination is destroyed. The remainder is unable to combine again together for 3 turns.

Sentinels
Flying Troop Unit
Tier 1
Movement 1
HP 2
Attack 1
Offense 1
Defense 1
Protector: When another unit is going to be hit, take the damage instead.

Curator
Flying Troop Unit
Tier 1
Movement 1
HP 2
Attack 1
Offense 1
Defense 1

Trait:
Unit Equipment: Instead of attacking can perform one of these functions instead;
1. Weapon modification: Boost an entire stack by +1/0.
2. Armor Modification. Boost an entire stack by 0/+1.

Strongman
Troop unit
Tier 1
Movement 1
HP 2
Attack 1
Offense 1
Defense 1
Overpower: Instead of attacking, can prevent 1 troop-type unit from attacking.


Aegis
Flying Elite Unit
Tier: 1
M: 1
HP: 1
Attacks: 1
Off: 2
Def: 2
Absorption: On an 8+, absorbs strike. Instead of taking damage, holds on to strike. Can hold up to a max of 3 attacks in this manner. During battle may expend all attacks and then returns to normal.


Paid Actions:
Complete Settlement Upgrade: Prime Ship, Freedom - Capital(4/4)
Recruit Unit: Sentinel
Recruit Unit: Sentinel

Free Action:
Expedited Recruitment: 1 Sentinel Unit
Movement: Freedom Fleet moves 1 tile North-West.
Exploration: Freedom Fleet explores the tile after movement.
 
Last edited:

Crocodile

Mister Zero
Great Cog.gif

Coghaven

Theme Music

Another meeting as newly installed vents pumped heat into the Council Chamber from furances installed in the depths of the newly expanded Overseer's Hall. As always, the Overseer himself was the first present and waiting as the various Ministers filed in. An additional chair had been set to allow the Orc emissary Mahk to sit in on the meeting. The Orc youth looked surly as Warmaster Otherion leads him in to take his own seat. Otherion had taken it upon himself to host Mahk in his own residence at this time and show him around the growing city that was Forgeheart. He wanted to show him how Coghaven worked from at least a military perspective to let the finer details trickle in about their outlooks on crafting and knowledge that drove their outlooks.

"I see we're all here and I'm happy to see the new heating design is working," Runicble mused with a nod towards the Minister of Engineering. "So let us begin with a clear point of focus. We need to adapt to this cold quickly to get our forces refitted for it. It also needs to no hinder the major work of developing our new lines of supplies and trader with Clan Spike Horde."

"If I may, Overseer," Fizzo offers with a gesture. "We've got our water designs in final testing, but I'm thinkin' we should show good faith to our new allies. I've got my people all set to build a Grand Market to help facilitate trading of goods between us. More so I've spoken with the Engineering and Labor Ministries to propose a road to Dal Gargo. I know the youngster here ain't fond of our ways so far, but even he's gotten admit we should have easier access to move troops in to support one another while moving goods between us easier. It should greatly improve our exchange of resources and information,."

"I can't argue with that. We had plans to build the first settlement but honestly our ties to Dal Gargo matter more. Let us show our commitment to this new alliance with an investment of our own to make this trade partnership flourish. It also gives Warmaster Otherion time to show Makh around more and perhaps allow for a better flow of ideas. Are there any objections to this?" Runcible asked as he looks around the table.

The ministers shook their heads as other business was brought up concerning orders to review the information from the bridge expedition along with the First Fleet scouting the deployment area intended for Coghaven's first aquatic settlement. Runcible just listened, occasionally watching the young, hot blooded orc present, hoping Otherion would turn the youth's outlook around about his people. His shared vision with the Chieftain didn't need resistance, it needed advocates.


Advancements
Basic Robotics (Lvl 1): Clockwork Soldiers gain a 9+ save
Widgets (Lvl 1) - Widgets generated every turn, collected sums able to be spent to reduce time or cost on advancements or mechanical units.
Aquatic Settlements (Lvl 1) - Settlements may be built on water tiles. Currently may suffers issues on a roll of 9+ on a d10.


Items of Interest
Omega Research Outpost (Inside Forgeheart borders)
Demon Destroy Cannon (Research Material)
Demon Destroyer Chassis (Research Material)

Allies
CORA (Cognitive Operation Records Assistant) - Controller of Omega Research Outpost
Clan Spike Horde (Orcs)
Naltrox the Mighty Troll - Supplied Armor and Tools by Coghaven (20 Resources)

Questlines
Quest 1: Build a second settlement
CORA Questline: Quest 1 - Donate 50 Resources
Orc Questline: Quest 1 - ????

Settlements
Forgeheart - Capital Level 2
Clockwork Fishery (Lvl1) - Can recruit fishing vessels. Non combatant units that generate 5 resources a turn.
Can be recruited two for one at the cost of an elite unit, although recruited in one turn.
May only have 4x where X is capital Level.
Modular Walls (Lvl 1) - 0/+1 to settlement defense bonus


Total Troops
3 Clockwork Soldiers
1 Clockwork Reavers
1 Cog Guard
2 Ships

Deployment
First Clockwork Legion
3 Clockwork Soldiers
1 Clockwork Reavers
1 Cog Guard

First Fleet
2 Ships

Order/Happiness
0/0

Population
7/10

Resources
Start of TurnIncomeCurrentExpenditureRemaining
20406065-5
Widgets
30 Widgets may be expended to cover the cost of production on something or shorten the time of production.​
Start of TurnIncomeCurrentExpenditureRemaining
03303




Actions
Advancement (Lvl 1): Winterizing - Remove Winter movement penalties (15 Resources)
Coghaven is moving rapidly to churn out parts and components to get their forces and equipment more suited to the cold and weather. The Engineering Ministry is working to get the various new designs implemented quickly to prevent their forces from being bogged down in the winter conditions. There is also talk of new insulation and heating methods to be introduced for further winter resistance if needed.

Advancement (Lvl 1): Grand Market - Establish trade benefits with allies or trade partners. (15 Resources)
Coghaven has moved to build a Grand Market to allow the flow of goods to be better handled between themselves and those beings that choose peaceful exchange with them over any form of conflict. The initial people to share in this is Clan Spike Hollow home they are working with to share this knowledge to facilitate stronger trade.

Advancement (Lvl 1): Trade Road - Impoved Trade Income (15 Resources)
Forgeheart is building and paving a road to link the orc captial of Dal Gargo to it allowing for effective flow of trade and easy troop movements if required.

Free Action
First Fleet will explore its region.​
 
Last edited:

Dest

The Sane One



Council Chambers

"Today we are joined by our newest advisor, the human shaman Vigo Myrt, whose home Callerhan and his army discovered in their most recent explorations. Brother Shaman Vigo is the former High Shaman of the Waters among his people and Callerhan decided to invite him to join our nation as an advisor. Are there any here who would object?" Requan was heartened that, when looking around the room, not a single face showed any distrust and Bos Moon looked almost like he wanted to drag the man off right at that moment. "Moving on, Faolin, how was the first return of our newest farming settlement?"

"Very good Council Head, we received approximately double what we originally predicted and believe that with the blessings given to us we will be able to keep receive around the same amount for every settlement we have farming," the leader of the Rain tribe looked down to the scroll in her hands as she read, "I also have received news that we will be able to start sending out hunters once we get the equipment that they need made."

"Excellent, Bos I would like you to look into summoning some spirits and seeing if we could recruit them to join our forces, I fear things will soon take a turn for the worse. Especially with some of the dreams that our shamans have been having," Requan turned to look at the shaman leader as he spoke. "Take Vigo with you and show him some of our ways so that he is not shocked by our worship, and take his knowledge to heart and learn from it."

The elder Taur-Ahe nodded, a large smile breaking out across his face. Looking around the rest of the room Requan let out a sigh before looking at Vulpes Claw.

"I want you to start planning out improvements to our capital Vulpes, it is to small to support another settlement and I have a feeling that we will need to build more to support ourselves in the long run, " upon seeing the Vulpine nod he looked back around the council chamber once more. "Does anyone else have any urgent business? No? Then I call this meeting of the council to a close."



The Fox's Den

"Nothing yet eh? Bah, how hard is it to find others on this rock?" Tasuma sneered down at the reports his spies had brought him, there being no information that he didn't already know. "Oye! Veren, get a couple of the boys into these new hunters that are being recruited. I don't want to be out of the loop for anything."

As the other Vulpine hurried to his task Tasuma lit a candle and began burning the reports, grumbling all the while about not being able to earn his name back at this rate, especially when that Whisker tribe got all the good information before he did.



The Army of the Earth

Callerhan roared with laughter, sitting around a campfire with several of his men drinking his fill of the mead from the newest settlement that bore his family's name. He looked around the camp, taking in the sight of Vulpine, Taur-Ahe, Blizzen, and the lone earth spirit working alongside each other and making merry in turn. The two of what he was beginning to call heroes having a conversation off to the side about something or other that he knew nothing about. Standing and making his excuses to his men he began to amble over to the two of them, greeting several of his fellow warriors on the way.

"I tell you Tal 'Ki, I am not a spirit as you are no matter how it may seem. I am a construct made of magic by a long dead group of mages and not a manifestation of nature's very will," even as Blacktop shook his branch arms in exasperation the earth spirit opposite him did not seem convinced.

"This old disagreement again? It's been over a month and you two are still having it!" Callerhan clapped both beings on the back as he strode up, laughing all the more. "Come you two and join me as we make merry, for tomorrow we move south for yet more exploration. We could very well not have another day after that so we must celebrate tonight!"

Turning and walking away the general heard a sigh before the sound of both beings moving after him began. Grinning once more he returned to the campfire, the heroes in tow to share yet more stories and adventures that they had had.



Actions

Resources
Start of Turn Income Current UsageRemaining
0138 (+25% due to order)1388058
Settlements:
Sunset Mountain (Level 1 Capital)
Storm's Rest (Level 1 Farming Settlement)

Troops
Army of the Earth (Army 1):
2x Bulls
1x Fox
1x Earth Shaman
2x Blizzen
Tal 'Ki (Hero)
Blacktop the Undaunted (Hero)
Callerhan (Non-Hero Story Character)

Order/Happiness
1/0

Population
6/10

Paid Actions
Advancement: Summon the Elements
Upgrade Capital (2/4)

Free Actions
March Army of the Earth (Army 1) one tile south
Army 1 explore south tile​
 
Last edited:

Cosmo

Does Not Know Kung-fu
HD-Wallpaper-Fantasy-Art.jpg


"Our journeys took us to a hidden cave in the snow tipped mountains of the frozen north, we had entered expecting to find nothing, or as my companion Astra hoped, some great beast that had decided to make a lair of it. To my extreme relief, we did not run into any such beast, but we did run into something that was sure to change the face of this new continent. Within the caves was a 'Bunker', a fortification created nearly 50,000 years ago and locked within were 'cyropods', like icy coffins, they froze the occupants and kept them protected and removed from age and disease. We discovered that a bit less then half a thousand survivors lay entombed within. Can you imagine, my dear readers, the wonder that gripped me as I looked upon, what was very possibly, the last survivors of an ancient civilization? One that was so much more advanced then us that, I admit, some of what I saw I still do not understand. Our world is built upon the bones and ashes of theirs. If it wasn't for my companions, I fear I would have lost myself in the mysteries and wonders of that place. Instead, we sent word back to Red Dawn and Arek Stugar, the Lector of Soul, himself, came to view our discovery. Under his... uncomfortable gaze, we awoke the Chief Engineer, a dwarf named Mulgir Hammerguard, to repair the damage the bunker had suffered over the ages and from sabotage.

However, all was not well, we discovered that their civilization had been brought low by Demons. Yes, Demons. Creatures of myth, legend, fables and the rantings of lunatics. I would not have believed it if I hadn't seen the videos* myself. These demons came to our world from another and wiped everyone out, save for those that hid. I... Can only contemplate how this ties into my previous theories. If you recall, my reader, I was confused and perplexed by this continent, untouched by our own, yet still held similar looking people and, most crucially, the same language. My newest theory is that all of us, each person, are descendants of that old civilization. Perhaps our ancestors hid in other bunkers, hidden around the world and waited for the storm to pass and once it did, we emerged, and time simply swallowed our memories and records of it. Or, perhaps more sinisterly, something else kept those memories from us. Of course, this is just a theory.

*Videos are some sort of moving picture capable of recreating the visuals and sounds of the event. It is quite a marvel.

- My Travels Through a New World, Chronicler Paul Withers, circa 1300

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Red Dawn was alive in rumors and mystery. The Lectors had done what they could to keep the Bunker a secret, but as the Ascendancy was often little better then an unruly mob, word leaked out. Stories of Men of Iron, of an ancient civilization, of demons, proof that the veil had been sundered and, therefor, could be again spread like wildfire. The reception to the news varied, some were doubtful, others ecstatic seeing it as the confirmation of their beliefs and struggles while others looked at it with fear. Those that joined the Ascendancy because they had little where else to go had never imagined that what the Ascendancy preached could be true. It had seemed like nonsense, nothing more then an extreme variant of escapism fiction, but if this 'bunker', if it did exist and did hold a way, would mean it was all true. It meant these lunatics who enjoyed hurting others were right. The very notion unsettled many because it, in someway, excused the horrors the others committed.

Already the guards of the colony have had to break up dissent and gatherings, these groups of people eager to forge out to try and find the bunker regardless of the orders to wait. Every morning, the town crier would stand before the Council Halls and shout information, that soon the way to the bunker would be opened and soon pilgrimage could be made to see the hallowed grounds with their own eyes, but soon was never 'soon' enough. Whispers that it was a lie or, worse, that the Lectors were trying to keep it a secret began to circulate within some circles. The truth of the matter was never important, what really mattered was what people believed. Tensions continued to rise until, one night, a standard tavern brawl spilt out into the streets, not remarkable there either, but it was when blades were drawn, spells slung and blood spilled onto the snow. When the blooded were sent in to break it up, the fighting escalated becoming oil to the fire. Nearly two hundred people perished, many buildings were damaged and a few completely burned down. After the Crimson Night, many were clad in irons, some of which were involved in the outbreak, some that had little to do with it. Those found guilty of more serious crimes were to be 'punished', their entrails pulled from their stomachs and their bodies left to dangle from the signs and lamppost in Red Dawn, to slowly wither as their bodies and mind endured with the help of hemomancy, helpless to do anything save for wail into the night and beg for the release of death. Others were taken into slavery to serve as Blood Slaves to help rebuild the destruction they caused, or didn't, and repay the Ascendancy with their life's blood.

Under the wails of the condemned, the Crier now spoke of two new initiatives, one to finish the construction of Red Dawn and expand it, to repair the damage that had been done to it by their foes from without and within, and the other was the opening of the Pilgrim Road so that all children of the Ascendancy could see the ruins of the old world and the promises of their future.

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

1d99d48dc2abe605a7aa07634ef3c406.jpg

'Over the snow,
So cold, so cold, Squeaks lost a toe!
Across the sand,
So hot, so hot, Squeaks got a tan!

Through the rocks,
Kree, Kree, Squeaks saw a hawk!
Below the peaks,
Squeaks sneak-sneaks!

To the Goddess, Squeaks looks,
Give Squeaks book!?'

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

'Give Squeaks book!' the small, hooded figure hummed in his mind as he walked across the rocky mountain valley. The trip had taken a little over a month and he had walked across all kinds of land. From the bitter cold of the north, where the home of the mistress lay, so cold and wet that he shivered at night and one of his toes had turned black and had fallen right off! But it had been okay because Squeaks had eleven more! Yes-yes, Squeaks had plenty. Then he entered a place so hot that Squeaks had wished more pieces of him had fallen off. So hot, the sun cooked and burned him. The sand burned his feet as he walked across it and yet the nights were so cold that Squeaks were certain he was to lose another toe, but that would have been okay, because he would have had ten more! But Squeaks no lose his way, Squeaks knew, yes, Squeaks new. Walk, run, hobble, skip, Squeaks went to Umbra to see the Goddess who would give Squeaks book! Through great rock pillars he walked, terrified and hiding in the shadows he had stayed. They were so large they pierced the sky and Squeaks was certain they were going to tumble down upon him at any moment! While in the shadows he saw a great bird, a great hawk that darkened the sky. Its great calls echoing through the pillars and hurt his ears. It hunted and looked, but Squeaks was too quick, he scurry-fled and hid till great bird left to go back to its nest. Now he was at the mountains and had passed outside of a village that he had not wanted to go in. Squeaks didn't like strangers, they hurt and kick, cut and stab, Squeaks needed Goddess for books not farmer for chickens!

At least, he crested the mountain and saw it. The great city of white that sat among the mountains. So big, so vast, so tall and scary, Squeaks had to muster his courage, counting to seven, the highest he was capable of counting to, and made his way to the great gates where he found big, scary guards in golden mask that hid their face. People who hide their faces like to hurt, like to cut-burn, and hide that they did it. Under the shadows of the gate, Squeaks approached them and when they demanded to know why he was there, Squeaks let out a terrified screech before he fell on his knees before them, "No hurts Squeaks! No hurt! Squeaks here for Mistress! Squeaks here.. For book!" He said, as if that cleared it up at all, "Goddess Ar-" Squeaks started as his misshapen, inhuman, face scrunched up within his hood as he tried to recall the name, "Arle-tany! Arle-taane!" He tried again but it still didn't sound right, and as he stared into the faceless golden mask, his fear bubbled to the surface and tears of fear and frustration threated to spill down his cheeks, "Goddess gives Squeaks book," he repeated and held out his empty hands that were clutching upon nothing, "Gives book?" he asked as if asking would make it magically appear in his hands.

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Settlements
Red Dawn - Capital [Lv. 1]
Arachno Peak - Military Settlement [Lv. 1]
Old World Bunker 41* - Special Settlement [Lv. 1]

(One free a turn)
1. Awaken a new Character for interaction
2. Decrease the cost of one Elite unit by 20 and actions needed by 2 to a minimum of zero
3. Interact with previously awakened character

Total Troops
5 Blooded
2 Basic Boats
2 Strange Zombies
3 Drider Warrior
1 Drider Charger
1 Reaver
1 Rhyfelwr
2 Order Knights
Alina Romanov [Novice Mage]
Mulgir Hammerguard [Civilian Hero]
Xilm [Hero]
Astra [Hero]

Deployment
Army 1
2 Blooded
2 Strange Zombies
1 Drider Warrior
1 Drider Charger
1 Reaver
Xilm
Astra

Red Dawn Garrison
2 Blooded
2 Basic Boats
2 Order Knights
1 Rhyfelwr

Arcahno Peak Garrison
2 Drider Warriors

Bunker 41 Garrison
1 Blooded
Mulgir Hammerguard

Ancillary
Alina Romanov [Forcing Marching to Academy, 2/3 Turns]
Squeaks arrives at Umbra [Diplomacy]

Order/Happiness
0/-1

Population
18/
25

Sacrifice Tokens
6

Armory
Ring of Obstinance [Equipped to Astra]
This ring has been with the Cult since its founding. The ring embodies the spirit of the Ascendancy, to never submit, to fight against all odds and let no power lead them astray.
Obstinance
: If the bearer is ever the target of a suppression effect [Any effect that would remove abilities, policies, advancements, magic or artifact powers, etc], roll a D10. On a 1-2, the ring fails and the bearer is hit as normal, on a 3-9, the suppression effect does not activate and the bearer is immune to any similar abilities for the turn and on the roll of a 10, the bearer is supercharged for the turn gaining stat bonuses against whatever foe, or foes, that tried to suppress them.

Silverfish Pistol [Equipped to Astra]
A unique pistol found in Bunker 41 crafted by an advanced civilization 47,000 years ago.
Weapon of Magnitude:
When entering battle, choose 1 enemy type or weakness. When attacking that type of unit, gain +2/0 and +1 Damage

Unknown Artifact

Advancements
Blood Tithe [Lv.1]: Gain 10% of population cap as resources a turn
Arena [Lv.1]: Gain a Hero on roll of a 10. Can only have as many heroes created in this fashion as have capital levels
Slave Pens [Lv. 1]: Blood slaves are now trained two for the price of one.

Turn Rolls To Be Made
Gain Arena Hero [Roll of a 10]
Gain a Random Troop from a Random Nation [8+]

Quest
Sacrifice 10 Units [0/10]

Resources
Start of TurnIncomeExpenditureRemaining
10116*-1206
*20 for Red Dawn, 2 for Advancement, 60 for Loot, 40 from Adventure, -6 for Happiness

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Blooded
Troop
Movement 1
HP 1
Attacks 1
Offense 0
Defense 0
Martyrdom: Must be targeted before Elite units can be attacked

Blood Slaves
Troop
Movement 1
HP 1
Attacks 1
Offense 0
Defense 0
Sacrifice: Can sacrifice in battle to add +1/+1 to a single unit. This does not count towards Sacrifice point total

Basic Boats
Troop
Movement 2
HP 1
Attacks 1
Offense 0
Defense 0
Transport: Can carry two units

Drider Warrior
Troop
HP 1
Movement 1
Attack 1
Offense 0
Defense 0
Drider Chaos: Each Drider Warrior can give one enemy unit 0/-1 during battle. This can be capped at a max of 0/-3 if multiple units do so.

Strange Zombies
Troop
HP 1
Attack 1
Offense -3
Defense 3
Magical buildup: When this unit is destroyed, roll a d10. On a 9 or a 10, deals 2 damage to the unit that killed it.

Alina Romanov
Troop
Movement 1
HP 1
Attacks 1
Offense 0
Defense 0
Education: A novice becomes and adapt in 3 turns if it resides in the Academy.

Rhyfelwr
Troop
Movement 1
HP 1
Attack 1
Offense 1
Defense 1
Battletrance: Attacks of 10 to Hit explode.

Reavers
Elite
Movement 1
HP 1
Attacks1
Offense 1
Defense 1
Ravage and Pillage: If left on a tile that has road or a Population center, generates Resources and sacrifice points based on lvl, minimum 1 each.

Drider Charger
Elite
HP 2
Movement 1
Attack 1
Offense 2
Defense 0
Hearty Spider: Drider Chargers have +1 HP

Order Knight
Elite
HP 2
Movement 1
Attack 1
Offense 1
Defense 1
Holy Order: Gain +1 HP from intense training and a 9+ save if the hit would kill them.

Xilm
Hero
HP 2
Attack 2
Offense 2
Defense 2
Monstrous Appetite: During Battle, can sacrifice 1 friendly unit to have Xilm gain +1 HP and +1 attack for the battle. If after battle, that would put Xilm to 0 HP, returns to 1 HP instead.
NecroMagic: At the end of battle, for all fallen, roll a d10. On a 10 they are raised as a Strange Zombies

Mulgir Hammerguard
Civilian Hero
Master Engineer:
Decreases Advancements or upgrades related to the Bunker by 25% Defensive Engineering: Increases the Defenses of all troops stationed at the Bunker by 0/+2

Astra
Hero
HP 3
Attack 2
Offense 2
Defense 2
Monster Hunter: Gains +2/+2 and 2 extra Damage to Monster and Legendary units
Extra Tough: +1 HP and blocks 1 damage every battle
≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Actions
Recruit Blood Slaves [x2, Red Dawn]
Advancement: Bunker 41 Pilgrim Road [30 Resources*]
Upgrade Capital [1/4]

[x2 for 40 because weakness but 25% cheaper because Hammerguard, so final price of 30]

Free Actions
Army 1 will move SE to Arachno Peak
Bunker 41 Elite Recruitment [1 Reaver]
Red Dawn Garrison [Save for the Order Knights] will explore Red Dawn tile
Order Knights from Red Dawn Garrison will Raid Mabinogi Village [The Order Knights and Valnir, Lector of Flesh, will also establish a diplomatic 'meeting' afterwards with the Mabinogi if possible. This assumes Cigfa's Tribe still moves next to Red Dawn. If they don't end up next to Red Dawn, please ignore this.]
 
Last edited:

Lazaro1505

Skeleton Boi
The Fafrium EmpireView attachment 939323

Military Camp:
View attachment 939324

As of expected for such a place… the camp was alit with activity… especially with the recent news of what had occurred within the recent hours. News of their new home… what they are trying to achieve in a new land, their very existence being threatened by an unknown attack of an enemy they haven’t even thought would be going after them in such weather. And yet, their minds were proven wrong when that very enemy was now causing havoc within their cities. The hurried message from the Capital sent to the Colonel a couple of minutes ago was all that was needed in order to send the soldiers going for their equipment, packing their weapons and gear while being ready to be marched through the snowy lands, if they were to even have a chance of saving those unprepared within their Capital.

“Come on, get a move on men! We can’t spare another second if they are setting fire to our cottages!”

“Daryl, I said grab the explosives, not grab some dinky fireworks…!”

“This is no time to joke around, where the fuck is my helmet!”

“One of the ogres is trying to grab extra rations from the supply boxes again!”


Meanwhile, within a certain building of the camp, the very Colonel himself could only put a hand to his forehead as he was currently thinking of half-asses battle plans for an enemy that appeared out of the air suddenly, as if nature itself just birthed them straight from the roots and sent them in a bloodfueled fury towards innocents and unaware police guarding the city. Even with basic Fafrium equipment and weaponry, the sheer numbers and seemingly what was said over the line, the brutality of these individuals were certainly a match to the unprepared police force who weren’t even prepared for something in such weather.

No, he will not let the Capital fall… there is far too much for there in store if he were to let those savages have their way with his people. Most notably, his reputation of being an seasoned officer will be diminished if he were to allow the simple mistake of being in a false sense of security after the most threatening thing being some stone construct and what appeared to be cavemen in the forests a month ago be the end of his time as Colonel. He will show those kid kidnapping tree dwellers the true might of the Fafrium Empire’s finest.

Although, words from his soldier from a month earlier who were found to be… scared and nervous at the sight of the areas that those ‘savages’ had passed through, seeing the aftermath of one in particular such as the farm and the farmer who was impaled to the tree with his face ripped off and all limbs missing. It wasn’t even a pretty sight to begin with, but the Colonel has seen far worse done such as the usage of chemical weaponry back when he was an officer on the field. Although, the difference to be made is that his soldier under his command were clearly not put out for this, and were nervous at fighting such a threat, especially if they were gonna be marched through snowy terrain and force to fight these ‘individuals’ on their home turf.

But it shall be a worthy sacrifice in the end in his eyes… well, anything to claim victory as to not let him be ridiculed by those freaks any longer. And well, he wouldn’t be fighting with just his regiment alone. He has placed an order for some other… non-soldiery folk at that building nearby for willing individuals who are ready to fight at a minute’s notice. Although, the Colonel is unsure of whether or not this will be enough, but he then realized if bringing this much men to fight what could just be sneaky bastards with sticks and stones was already overkill enough. But it’s the thought of being prepared first is what counts. Now, time would only tell if his efforts were to actually play out within the end… because he’ll be damned if he were to let this happen by with him having all the power to end it. But perhaps he was already too late…


Settlements:
-Ferro-Civiatem/Capital
-Battenburg/Farm

Order:
0

Happiness:
-2

Population:
6/10

Army:
-Hollyreign
-1x Military Police
-4x Infatrymen

Actions;
1. None

Paid actions:
1. Lvl 1 advancement; Bread and Circuses “In order to calm down the masses, we gotta learn what makes them focus their sorrows away from such things, and in this case, food and entertainment can help them forget about their pain now.”
2. Policy: Increase drink rations: “Hopefully, with some booze going around more easily, we can take care of the problems heading the our of our citizens… hopefully this doesn’t affect efficiency much.”
3. Lvl 1 Advancement: Robotic workforce “It is time to begin using robotic machines in order to begin replacing people as to cover for the massive loss we had due to our Capital… only time can tell whether or not we can recover from this.”

Resource gain/Expenses;

Current Resources:
120

Resources per turn:
90 resources (added 10 from Strength to capital, added 20 to farm)

Expenses:
-60 (advancements)


Total amount left:
150 resources
 
Last edited:

GrieveWriter

U-Incorporated 2nd Class Type Unit
In the Depths of the Bowels, viscera churned...
27631d004316b2bc5f6d5336bf08f4e7.jpg
What had once been a swathe of untouched wilderness had been drastically changes in the recent months, and was now spotted by dozens of large craters that had been dug into the forest floor. The depths of each crater released a soft bluish glow that worked in conjunction with the new spread of Growth coating the area to distinguish itself from what it once was. The green of the untouched forest had been overcome by the alien color pallet of the growth, just another result of the Assembly's New Cultivation.

While the area had been essentially turned into a honeycomb of craters and interlocking tunnels, the result of the Assembly's efforts couldn't be denied. Flowing from one crater to another were artificial rivers of dirty water, most of whom had reservoirs tainted with the flesh of corpse mounds that would end up feeding the Growth's continued cultivation. The lands south of Carcass had essentially been turned into a mass, corpse-disposal sight using the remains of the Nameless beings that had been driven from their homelands.

The artificial rivers twisted and turned, moving sour blood and fermented remains through them like an intestinal tract. Yet such design was not meant to be squandered, and so moving along those tunnels were also hundreds of Flessi, either managing the flow of tainted waters or shuffling herd animals to the best watering hole. Despite twisting the land beyond recognition, it was nothing if not popular.

And why wouldn't it be?

The Bowels was a foul place that reeked of waste and decay, and any cultivator worth their salt would know first and foremost that the expanded nourishment for the Growth was impossible to ignore.

Irecap could feel it from the herders, the pleased hums they gave as their cattle dined on the concentrated refuse was nothing short of melodious. Emerging from the mouth of a tunnel, into the massive basin which served as one of the tainted reservoirs, Irecap looked up to the mouth of the basin, where ice cold water poured in along one wall, only to reach the massive pit formed at the bottom, in the center of that pit was the mountain of bodies and refuse that served as the source for a whole section of Tunnels' nourishment.

Several of the herders and ranchers were standing around the pit, letting their animals frolic and feed whilst doin their part to churn the waters with their heavy limbs. But though Irecap could take a moment to appreciate the fruits of his labor, there was something that drew his attention. Unlike the rest of the ranchers and herders, there was a more distinct form standing atop the pile. Kneeling as he dragged a single, spiked appendage along the mountain of slain, that single Flessi stood tall before tilting its head up towards the sky above.

The blue glow of the growth spread along the walls, casting the entire basin in an indigo hue as Irecap made his way to the mountain of remains.
8cc2981e63aad398a0c2235377ca7298.jpg
"Why are you here, Cultivator?" he didn't even finish his approach before speaking.

"I go where the cultivation is required." Blueglow lowered his head, staring at the artificial waterfall before them "Though it seems you've worked your magic already."

He lifted a foot and drove it into a skull beside him, the fungus covered pulp within spilling out into the crevices between bodies as Blueglow turned to him, "When I scoured this land months ago, it was bereft of flavor and stunk of Hypathian. Now it thrives on their blood, an improvement I had hoped I would bring."

"They have no names, Cultivator. They lost the that right."
Irecap shook his head as he gestured with the handle of his sword "The task of cultivation here is well in hand, I would propose you divert attention towards my other guest."

"What other-?"


"BLUEGLOW!"

The Cultivator didn't need to look towards that voice to know who it was, the single-voiced members of the Assembly were always more simple to distinguish. What got to him instead was the confusion over how the owner of that particular voice was there in the first place.

Looking up towards the edge of the Basin, they saw a particular Soiling clutching to her staff with one hand as the other waved towards them.

"I've found you, brother! Finally!" Whitebranch cried out in glee as she leaned forward, her withered limbs caving under the strain and sending her tumbling down the edge of the basin. Irecap and Blueglow watched as the Soiling cracked and split, slamming against the side of the basin as she rolled towards the tainted lake in the center. One rancher even stepped out of her way thoughtfully so as to allow no interruption for her descent.

As a loud splash rang out, Irecap took one more look at Blueglow before giving a pointed nod and taking his leave.

Upon descending down the side of the mountain of remains and refuse, Blueglow first noted the top of a familiar white staff slowly floating along in the water nearby. Pointing his jagged spike of a hand at it, Blueglow stretched his arm out towards the staff before wrapping the limb around it and hauling both it and Whitebranch out of the tainted water.

973df5a0551a387393425f70d6a710ff.jpg"Rescued by kin, how delightful!" Whitebranch chittered to herself as water seeped and dribbled along her fungus covered bones.

"Who brought you here?" Blueglow demanded

"Am I so frail as to not be fit to travel along our own infested pathways?!?" Whitebranch chuckled as Blueglow lowered her to her tattered feet "I was only mauled twice, brother, the need to speak with you outweighed any danger."

"I would've made my way back to Carcass eventually." Blueglow stated as he led her away from the water's edge.

"Eventually, he says, when the burning of a maiden's heart cries for fulfillment now!" Whitebranch's bony, fungus-encrusted fingers clutched to him as she drew near "When I ask? When will I be granting the boon of a birther's favor to my kin as well?"

Blueglow looked to her for a moment, "...What?"

"They fight and bleed for the Spine, yet now the Cultivation continues without their aid!" Whitebranch wiped an imaginary tear from under her eyehole "Bodies for more Soilings to spread the Birther's love, when will I be allowed to draw them from its womb?"

"Dissatisfied with the tasks granted to them, already?" Blueglow looked up. towards the gray snowy sky above "If the weather took you before you arrived, there would be nobody to hear your pleas. The cultivation of that soiling army took time, time I'm not sure the new cultivation allows."

"But look, brother!" Whitebranch waved a hand across the area "Look how the Bowls churn for the birther? for the Growth? If only some of its nourishment went to the cultivation of more of my kin, then they would not hesitate to return such generosity with vicious fervor!"

Blueglow continued helping her towards the nearest cave, the stream of tainted water offering a pleasant background noise to her increasingly frantic demands. The Soilings had been left to their devices in the Spine for the most part. Their fervent destruction of the Nameless had been commendable, as it had opened the path for the New Cultivation to begin in force. But Whitebranch now called for more, and Blueglow supposed her kin had proven themselves adept enough to garner the Assembly's focus.

As Whitebranch continued voicing her woes, Blueglow made a note for himself to look into the cultivation of Soilings. the matter would of course be passed along to the Architect next time he visited Carcass, but Blueglow already had some ideas for how a more efficiently assembled army of Soilings could be put to task.

Colonies
Carcass (Lvl 2 Capital Colony)
The Spine (Lvl 1 Standard Colony)

Policies and Advancements
Cultivate & Spread- Any tile the Assembly leaves units on for long enough will be converted into a Growth tile, whereas successfully building colonies instantly converts them.
{Quest 1: Convert 3 tiles into Growth tiles: Status 2/3}

Units
Carcass Garrison
2 Flessi
1 Shellbound
The Spine Garrison
1 Soiling
2 Flessi
Army 1
1 Flessi
Army 2
1 Flessi
Army 3
1 Flessi
Army 4
1 Flessi
Army 5
1 Flessi

Movement

1 Flessi moves from Spine Garrison north and merges with Army 2
1 Flessi moves from Spine Garrison southwest and merges with Army 3

1 Flessi moves from Carcass Garrison southeast and merges with Army 5
Actions
1.Cultivate 2 Flessi for The Spine Garrison
2+3. Complete Construction of Farming Colony at Army 1's location (3/3)

Free Actions
(N/A)
Rename new Farming Colony as The Bowels.
{Quest 1 Completed}
Resource Transactions
Balance: 55 REC
+Income:
(Carcass: 40) +(Growth's Boon 25%) =50 REC
(Standard Settlement: 20) +(Growth's Boon 25%) = 25

-Expense:
Cultivate 2 Flessi for The Spine Garrison (New Kin) 30 REC

New Balance: 100 REC
 

Twist

Of Fate
Yamabuki

Settlements
Huang He (Capital Level 1)
Standing Army
1 Samurai

1 Monk
1 Wyrms
1 Boat


Shan (Standard Level 1)
Standing Army
Abraxas
2 Skeletons
2 Rock Hunters
1 Boat


Advancements
Fishing Wharf: Can recruit fishing vessels. Non combatant units that generate 5 resources a turn. Can be recruited two for one at the cost of an elite unit, although recruited in one turn. May only have 4x where X is capital Level.

Lumber Yard: -1 action to settlement construction/upgrades
Longmen Journey Shrine: At the start of a turn where happiness is negative, roll a d10. On a 10, it returns to 0.
Stone Quarry - Construction costs 5% less resources
Clay Pit - Construction costs 5% less resources
Dam - Unlocks specialized building Dam*


Specialized Buildings
Tower of Trials - A Unit may be transferred here and if so, on a +7 unit becomes a Hero Unit. Failure of the roll destroys the unit
Dam - Blocks waterways and Settlements produce 10% more resources if within 1 hex **


*/** Forgot to post this last time. Needs double checking and solid confirmation please



Total Troops
3 Samurai Troop
3 Monk Troop
5 Wyrms Elite
2 Boats
Dragons Gate Non-Combatant
2 Fishing Boats Non- Combatant
Abraxas Hero
2 Skeletons Troop
2 Rock Hunters Troop


Order/Happiness
0/0

Population
13/15

Orders
Paid Actions:
Build Specialized Building Dam on Shan (9 resources)
Build Advancement BaGua Arts ( 9 resources) ***
Build Advancement Treasury (9 resources)****

*** Roll a D10. If required number is rolled, use that spell. You may reroll for every Longmen Journey Shrine, but previous roll is lost.
Balance (2): Happiness/ Order cannot be lowered
Well Being (3): Movement penalties are negated
Blessed (5): Unit's receive a Save
Stability (6): Resources cannot be lost this turn.
Unity (7): +1 Order/Happiness (Does not stack)
Prosperity (8): Double resources gained this turn
Attainment (9): Required actions this turn require one less action

**** I was thinking something like; Receive X10 resources where X is the amount of buildings every Season.



Free Actions:
Recruit Dragonic Unit with the Dragon Gate Wyrm (Free)
Move Unit Wyrm to Tower of Trials (Roll 3)
Exploration (Huang He Standing Army) Huang He

Movement (Army Two) 1 Tile Southwest

Army Two
2 Wyrms
1 Dragon Gate


Resources

Start: 90
Income: 140
Expenditure: 98
End: 132




Lady Genmei perused the documents on the table under the soft glow of the lantern light, the writing quill in her dainty left hand resting comfortably within it's ink pot. She had been going over every inch of the Yamabuki colonisers finances, the papers before her detailing every expenditure, every source of income, the sum total of the colony's current wealth, nearly everything recounting their financial situation was in front of her right now.

Raising her eyebrow at the recent expense within the Auction House, the Golden Treasurer lifted the quill from it's inky bed, tapping it awake on the pot's glass rim before circling the ample fee twice fold. Leaning backwards in her chair slightly, Lady Genmei paused for a moment, the pupils of her eyes darting about the top corner of her eyes as she performed some quick mental calculations. Looking back at the documents, the focused financier slid some to one side, pulling from the pile the newest tax report. With a brief skim, she circled the current collection totals, and after a few more mental mathematics and back and forth between the two in question documents, underlined the tax totals with two quick strokes before ticking the Auction expense.

Placing her quill back in the well, the armchair accountant took a sip of her tea to warm herself on this brisk winter day, the cold golden walls of her room not helping to alleviate the chill. But this was no different to her time in the main office of the original Golden Treasury, where every wall and floor was lined with austere Au, a fitting theme for the symbol of wealth and prosperity within Yamabuki architecture. The only difference was the size, her current residence a mere offshoot or minor branch of it's well rooted hub within the snow capped Capital.

A brisk wind blew in from the window, almost threatening to scatter her detailed documents across the room but, as with anything of the Yamabuki, the papers stood strong against the bitter breeze. Rising from her chair, Lady Genmei took another lantern from the shelf, striking one of the nearby matches, it's fickle flame becoming a humble hearth within it's new container and hung it by the window.

With her job almost done, she took a moment to unwind by the window, quickly spying the Prince of Most Brilliant Blue onset by cheerful onlookers in the distance below. From her vantage point it wasn't hard to see how much everyone adored the Prince and how much, he to, cherished them. Lady Genmei couldn't help but smile herself from her golden gallery above, as she too had great affection for the honoured heir, more than happy to watch him amongst his people...


[/font]

 
Last edited:

Roby6Com

New Member
(Story to be updated on the post after GM will choose map spot)

Settlements
Ancalen - Capital Level 1
Halls of Mylihil - Settlement Level 1

Total Troops
Ancalen Retinue (Army 1)
2 Shieldbearers - Capital
1 Bowmen - Capital
1 Griffon Riders - Capital

Order/Happiness
0/0

Population
Ancalen - 10
Halls of Mylihil - 5

Start of TurnIncomeExpenditureRemaining
1504080110

Paid Actions:
Recruit 1 Shiledbearers Unit for 20 Resources
Recruit 1 Bowmen Unit for 20 Resources
Construct Thermal Baths in Ancalen (Increase Happiness for every level of settlement upgrade) for 40 Resources

Free Actions:
Move Army 1 to one nearby tile
Army 1 engages in exploration
 

Verus

New Member
Act II, Turn 4

They were going on a mission. When they had first heard it, the three students had been overjoyed when they had first heard. After a jubilant celebration that involved far too much ale, the boys set out the next morning. Or they would have, had it not been for their hangovers. So, with many groans the trio got themselves out of bed and through the front gate around two in the afternoon and the adventure began.

Six hours of walking later, the would-be adventures were disillusioned and crabby.
“I can still see the fucking roof.” Growled James, as he looked back down the road they came.

“Hold on, wait a minute, we’re mages, we’re smarter than this. We can magic our way out of this.” Cain said with determination and before long spells started flying.

After four hours of walking with considerably more stress (try walking when your legs are hexed together) the party concluded that it could not “magic” themselves out of healthy exorcise. After that particular painful conclusion was reached the conversation turned to the things that truly mattered in life, cricket and whether the university had any good player material beyond the three future champs walking down that winding road.

Actions:

Movement:

Tom Richards Elite 1 tile north east of capital
James Dunwall Elite 1 tile north east of capital
Cain Vastros Elite 1 tile north east of capital

Free actions:

Recruit novice: Marla Jones (See strength: Growing student body)

Elite Adapt trio explores mana vein.

Paid Actions:

Upgrade capital to level 3, 6/6 actions, resources paid

Economic Table:

Start of Turn Income Tuition Current Expenditure Next Turn
10 +40 +25 75 -40 30
Paper tokens table

Start of turn Income Expenditure Next turns
0 +2 0 2


Advancement Table

Name Effect Level
(Free) Dormitories +1 Happiness 1
Small lecture hall theoretical lessons can be taught here to a maximum of 20 students, upgrades to medium lecture hall. Students following this track produce magical research, in game terms paper tokens. Every 5 paper tokens can be exchanged for a free advancement (specifically about magic). A student can only gain 1 paper token every turn. Once a student graduates it no longer produces paper tokens. 1
Small practice ground practical lessons can be taught here to a maximum of 20 students, upgrades to medium practice grounds. Students following this track can be taught combat spells, which increase their stats and abilities. 1
Student Roster:

Name Turn Rank Type Location Track(s)
Tom Richards 3 Adapt Elite Abroad Theoretical
James Dunwall 3 Adapt Elite Abroad Theoretical
Loyd McRoy 4 Adapt Elite Abroad Practical
Cain Vastros 3 Adapt Elite Abroad Theoretical
Lana Lockhart 3 Novice Troop The Academy Theocratical
Arya Freemason 3 Novice Troop The Academy Practical
Charles Chooser 2 Novice Troop The Academy Theoretical
Marla Jones 1 Novice Troop `The Academy Theoretical


Rin’ Gin, HP 3 Movement 1 Offense 4 Defense 2 Magic- During Battle can use one of these spells: Earth Crush- on a 8+ trap 1 enemy unit, no matter power or abilities. Earthquake- Roll a d10 for each enemy unit on the field. On a 8+ deal 1 damage. If every enemy unit is hit in this manner, alter the damage to 2. However if no enemies are hit, the Hero takes 1 Damage instead (cost 40 upkeep) Elite The academy
 

Trektek

Happy Necromancer
Birth of Nations: Act 2: Age of Colonialism

Winter has fallen. All units are at -1 movement and any fighting that takes place after movement will be at -1/-1 (Unless a nation has no weather penalties or an advancement against the type of weather)

All nations receive a message from the same source. A golden letter written in strange, but well crafted lettering from one Commander Le’Grange.

“To our esteemed guests, a fantastical and impressive array of mighty warriors are to be assembled from each nation on this continent that answers the call from this letter.

A tournament will be held to determine who is the strongest from among those assembled. However, be warned that Death is a possibility as the victor of each match will determine the fate of the defeated.

To the victor goes the spoils and even should their warriors fall, those nations that get second and third place will also be rewarded, lesser tributes.

Let the Mighty test their meddle against each other at the Coliseum.

Commander Le’Grange

(Each player may select one non hero unit to send them to the tournament. They will face off one on one with First, Second and Third place receiving rewards, even if their warrior falls in combat. Players will be able to state whether they will let losers live or die.)

---------------------------------

Clan Spike Horde

Chieftain Grizzakis was again pleased. The Cogs had finished developing a road and a trade hub for the two of their nations to grow and prosper with each other. Already, their coffers swelled with the currency filling the people’s pockets with trade of new goods from the coast.

That new growth combined with the upgrades that he had envisioned for his capital have been proceeding smoothly. Their people have taken to the trade route and several have volunteered to go to the Cogs to learn smithing techniques. Including one Bolar. She was one of the most premiere Blacksmiths that they had. So while on the one hand, it was surprising that she wanted to go learn their metalsmithing instead of blacksmithing, it was unsurprising that she had wanted to broaden her horizons.

After this next batch of warriors to be trained, he’ll have to talk with the cogs about setting up some sort of apprenticeship system for the learning of their metalworking ways.

Actions: Train Orc Warriors x3

Troops in Capital- 5 Orc Warriors, 2 Dire Boar Riders, 2 Orc Catapult

—---------------------------------


The Slaughter

The Capital was quickly growing into a wonderful place. While it didn’t have all the comforts of home, and it still lacked certain amenities, those would come with time. Many of the people that traveled across the sea with The Prince had done so because they had wished for the challenge of exploring the lands and bringing civilization to these new and wild borders of the unknown.

What they hadn’t truly known, not until it was too late to fully realize, was that the wildness of the land had come to them. That it was already at their borders. That it was unforgiving and unrelenting.

There would be no warnings. There would be no Defenses. There would be no peace.

The only sign of the invading Mabinogi was the rolling in of the fog. Something that seemed normal enough to all assembled in the Capital. Back home, it was a common enough occurrence that they all put it out of their minds.

It was the sickening noises that started coming out of the fog and the horrific corpses left behind that had the people and the constables baffled. They could not find any criminals, or even any evidence of those that had done it left behind.

The forays were just the beginning. After a few days, the full force of the forest rose up and attacked the city from all directions. No where was safe. No one was safe. A family hid within their own home. Within moments, the child was gone and the parents left as carcases for the animals.

The screams shrilled through the air as the people were openly slaughtered in the streets. What pitiful defenses could be raised, was not enough. Their army was elsewhere, no where to be found.

The people left defenseless before the horrors that the Mabingi inflicted upon them.

The Prince was not exempt from this and in fact, they had a special death for him in mind. All that would be found would be the corpse of the Prince presented in the form of a Blood Eagle, hung up in the center of the ruins of what was left of his once grand Capital.


—-------------------------------------------------
The Auctioneer extended and contracted his long bony fingers as he counted the most recent coins that were gained from selling off the latest acquisitions. The numbers were getting higher and higher. Almost astronomically so in certain cases. IN fact, it was almost surprising how in demand that Sword went for.

But he was not one to stop the bidding. Not at all

The current ones up for bid are:


Old Shepards Crook

Unassuming at first, but even the angriest of beasts calms at its sight.

The White Plate

A heavy set of armor that glows a bright white

Ancient Sarcophagus

Intricately designed. If one listens closely, they could almost hear whispers


Month 5, Turn 5, Year 1290

NgMNPd26mHuo7IFq-dHwx8Imh2FTF8cu9FWEdnEisg8ShS25XrsATa-dIhCmpxawQQht3QnoCZnZcWIGwfiwSaOuO_gnLPn_j1kYm2vDGx20aX4zbd6tWSipfuI-az-QEa04LiRj


The Mabinogi

Recruit: x1 Realm Shaper - x1 Gwyllgi (to Bran) and x2 Rhyfelwr (one at x1.5 cost) - 65 resources

Recruit: x1 Realm Shaper - x3 Rhyfelwr (one at x1.5 cost) - 55 resources

Recruit: x1 Realm Shaper - x3 Rhyfelwr (one at x1.5 cost) - 55 resources

Gain 60 Resources from Slaughtering the Fafrium Capital
Mabinogi gain 1 Gweledydd due to 10% of pop cap being 1


Gain 20 Resources from Raiding Penumbra

Bran’s tribe Explore: An open field lay before them. IN the center of this open field, a series of standing stones stood out. (Continued in Exploration Chat)

Penumbra
  1. Construct Way of Light Temple in Teera (Farming Settlement)​
  2. Construct Way of Light Statues in Umbra (Capital)​
  3. Construct Way of Light Statues in Barenziah (Farming Settlement)​
Gains 3 Fear Tokens putting you at 8
Mabinogi steal 20 Resources


Straed Collective

Complete Settlement Upgrade: Prime Ship, Freedom - Capital(4/4)
Recruit Unit: Sentinel
Recruit Unit: Sentinel

Freedom Fleet Explore: Along the Icy shores, a large cave is up ahead, brimming with shiny crystals (Continued in Exploration)

An Old well dressed man asks to come aboard. (Continued in Diplomacy)

A squat Dwarf as wide as he is tall asks to come aboard as per an agreement to assist him in avenging his family. (Continued in Diplomacy)


Coghaven

Advancement (Lvl 1): Winterizing - Remove Winter movement penalties (15 Resources)
Coghaven is moving rapidly to churn out parts and components to get their forces and equipment more suited to the cold and weather. The Engineering Ministry is working to get the various new designs implemented quickly to prevent their forces from being bogged down in the winter conditions. There is also talk of new insulation and heating methods to be introduced for further winter resistance if needed.

Advancement (Lvl 1): Grand Market - Establish trade benefits with allies or trade partners. (15 Resources)
Coghaven has moved to build a Grand Market to allow the flow of goods to be better handled between themselves and those beings that choose peaceful exchange with them over any form of conflict. The initial people to share in this is Clan Spike Hollow home they are working with to share this knowledge to facilitate stronger trade.

Advancement (Lvl 1): Trade Road - Improved Trade Income (15 Resources)
Forgeheart is building and paving a road to link the orc capital of Dal Gargo to it allowing for effective flow of trade and easy troop movements if required.

Clan Spike Hollow Questline
Quest 1: Research Improved Armor for the Orc Warriors

“Improved Metalwork can help in many ways. But metalwork as applied to Blacksmithing is a good way to start.” - Bolar


Coghaven First Fleet Explore: The waters are clear and free. However, the fleet soon discovers what looks like metal, hovering atop the water. On closer inspection, it seems to be a metal plate with a doorway leading down. (Continued in Exploration)

Rahzen

Advancement: Summon the Elements- Unlock Ice Elementals

Ice Elementals
Elite
HP 1
Attack 1
Offense 0
Defense 2
Freezing Cold- Can give one enemy -1/-1 due to the extreme Cold. If used on fliers, negates flying advantage.


Upgrade Capital (2/4)

Explore South Tile: The Ocean stretches far into the distance, but here on the beach, it was possible for one to get lost in its views. A strange Golem seems to be on this same beach, staring out at the ocean. (Continued in Exploration Chat)

The Ascendant

Gain 1 Soiling from the Whispers

Recruit Blood Slaves [x2, Red Dawn]
Advancement: Bunker 41 Pilgrim Road [30 Resources*]
Upgrade Capital [1/4]

Gain 10 Resources from Raid against the Mabinogi
Gain 2 Fear Tokens due to being in the Fog

Explore Red Dawn Tile: While searching around the Capital of this Grand Cult, they come across a strange Pod. In fact, it looks similar to one of the Cryo Pods that was foretold from the Bunker, but much larger and sticking out of the mud. (Continued in Exploration Chat)


The Fafrium Empire

Capital is Gone, slaughtered
Mabinogi gain 1 Gweledydd due to 10% of pop cap being 1
Mabinogi gain 2 Fafrium Wilder Lunatics
Mabinogi gain 60 Resources
Farfrium gain a further 21 fear tokens (20 for the slaughter of capital and +1 for more than 4 units being involved in the siege). Multiplied by the fact there is a Derwydd x1.5 means 31. Added to the original 3, makes 34. That puts them at Level 3 on the Fear Chart. Included Below:

Tier 3

-2/-3 penalty
Mercenaries Demand triple resources to join the nation and triple upkeep
Madness and Desperation as gripped the populace, many of whom see embracing the bloody ways of the Mabinogi as the only way to survive. For every 4 Mabinogi units within an army, roll a d10- on a 6+, gain a unit of {nation} Wilder Lunatics. Preexisting Wilder Lunatics do not count as Mabinogi units for this trait. Wilder Lunatics have a +1/0(Increased to +2/0 when fighting against their home nation whom they see as having betrayed them), and any single one of the troop traits of that nation (Sully’s choice). IN addition, they can be affected by 1 of the strengths of that Nation (Sully’s choice)
Advancements fail on a 7+ but no actions or resources are refunded in any capacity

1. Lvl 1 advancement; Bread and Circuses “In order to calm down the masses, we gotta learn what makes them focus their sorrows away from such things, and in this case, food and entertainment can help them forget about their pain now.”- +1 Happiness
2. Policy: Increase drink rations: “Hopefully, with some booze going around more easily, we can take care of the problems facing our citizens… hopefully this doesn’t affect efficiency much.”- +1 Happiness every turn. If Happiness is in the positives, increase cost of advancements by 10 per happiness above 0
3. Lvl 1 Advancement: Robotic workforce “It is time to begin using robotic machines in order to begin replacing people as to cover for the massive loss we had due to our Capital… only time can tell whether or not we can recover from this.”- Decrease cost of Advancements by 10%

Gain 4 Infantrymen from the Homeland
Lose 25% of remaining Resources to Homeland


The Flessi Assembly

1.Cultivate 2 Flessi for The Spine Garrison
2+3. Complete Construction of Farming Colony at Army 1's location (3/3)

Quest 1 Completed
Gain 4 Soilings


Quest 2: Kill 6 Enemies

“It is Time to add in the Growth of our people. Kill those that stand in our way and add them to the Growth” -Dark Ooze



Yamabuki

Build Specialized Building Dam on Shan (9 resources)
Build Advancement BaGua Arts ( 9 resources) ***
Build Advancement Treasury (9 resources)****

*** Roll a D10. If required number is rolled, use that spell. You may reroll for every Longmen Journey Shrine, but previous roll is lost.
Balance (2): Happiness/ Order cannot be lowered
Well Being (3): Movement penalties are negated
Blessed (5): Unit's receive a Save
Stability (6): Resources cannot be lost this turn.
Unity (7): +1 Order/Happiness (Does not stack)
Prosperity (8): Double resources gained this turn
Attainment (9): Required actions this turn require one less action

**** Receive X10 resources where X is the amount of buildings every Season.

Explore Huang He: An ancient burial ground is spotted in exploration. It seems to be dedicated to the Dragons. (Continued in Exploration)

Empire of Ancalen

Recruit 1 Shieldbearers Unit for 20 Resources
Recruit 1 Bowmen Unit for 20 Resources
Construct Thermal Baths in Ancalen (Increase Happiness for every level of settlement upgrade) for 40 Resources

Explore: the army comes across a well in the middle of the forest. (Continued in Exploration Chat)


The Academy

Upgrade capital to level 3, 6/6 actions, resources paid

Elite Adept Trio Explore: The Mana vein was just as it was described to them. Bivor, the Large and Muscular Goblin escorted them to the location. (Continued in Exploration Chat)




The Diggers




Mercenary Hut


Name Description # Available Cost Upkeep
Goblin Wolf Riders HP 1 Movement 2 Attack 1 Offense 0(1) Defense 0 Charge- Gives +1 Movement and during the first round of combat a +1/0 Goblin troopers in light armor that ride powerful wolves into battle. Counts as Troop type unit. 2 30 Resources 10 Resources
The Iron Axe HP 1 Movement 1 Attack 1 (2) Offense 1(2) Defense 1 (None) Iron Rage- During Battle, can rage for an extra +1 Attack and Offense for a guaranteed hit by the enemy on this unit. Burly Human Barbarians wielding large and heavy axes. A seething rage seems to lurk just beneath the surface, just waiting to be released. Counts as an Elite type unit 2 40 Resources 20 Resources
Ga’Lade’s Brigade HP 2 Movement 1 Attack 2 Offense 2 Defense 2 Honor in Combat- Can declare a duel and fight 1 unit vs 1 unit without any interference from any other unit. If a unit is defeated in this manner, they can be captured instead of killed. Soldiers wielding firearms and blades but wearing lightweight armor similar to that of a knight. They are trained from the order of knights that worked their way back to serving under the legendary Lord Ga’Lade, a hero from the Time of Chaos. Counts as a legendary Type unit 1 60 Resources 30 Resources
Rin’ Gin HP 3 Movement 1 Attack 3 Offense 4 Defense 2 Earth Magic- During Battle can use one of these spells: Earth Crush- on a 8+ trap 1 enemy unit, no matter power or abilities. Earthquake- Roll a d10 for each enemy unit on the field. On a 8+ deal 1 damage. If every enemy unit is hit in this manner, alter the damage to 2. However if no enemies are hit, the Hero takes 1 Damage instead A powerful Ogre that wields the lost magic of the Earth. Using powerful Gastric magic, he casts after he eats and as such, maintains a large appetite. Counts as a Hero Unit 1 80 Resources 40 Resources
 
Last edited:

Kent

Imagination will bring us everywhere
Act II, Turn 4
Prime Ship, Freedom - Capital Settlement


Kiel Wisteria, Sky Office Balcony
Kiel listened to Zeke explaining why he spent 3/5 of the Collective's liquid resources on a ceremonial blade with no practical applications. Kiel looked at his best friend with mixed emotions. He would have to explain this to the Council and they wouldn't go light on him as he is doing now. Although this is not enough to remove him from the Council, it would still pose some threat to his position. There are not many internal politics so it is unlikely he would be attacked out of ulterior motives but his competence as a Councilor would be questioned.

Kiel sighed and interrupted Zeke, "People of the Collective are not the type of people to lose out on anything. If they can't take benefits from something, they will seize it from somewhere else. However, the rest of the Council might question whether the price you paid for these benefits is too much. We just underwent a major project and the amount you spent could support around 8 research projects."

Kiel understands why Zeke pulled out that many resources to win the ceremonial blade and that was for its history and also for the old noble. The Old Noble would be the key to unlocking its past. Nobody knows what they will uncover but for it to be sold at the prestigious auction house, it surely would not be mediocre. Not to mention the starting bid of the item was unusually high for something with no practical value. Zeke wryly smiled and sat down. "It's not like our current income can't support our plans in the near future, but I understand. Let's just hope the Old Noble can provide us valuable information."

"I know why you did what you did. If I was in the same spot, I would do the same. Not to mention that you also established a connection with two figures from the auction and there is a possibility we could even pull them to our side. That is way more valuable than 160 resources but nothing is certain and that's where you will get questioned in the next council meeting." Kiel then chuckled. "Resources are meant to be spent! Who cares about being conservative?"

Bromnir Starforger, Heaven Forge
Bromnir looked at a prototype of a mech with an almost fanatical gaze. At first glance, it looks very similar to the Valkyrie Mech but if someone would pay more attention, they would notice it's bigger and somehow more refined.

"Behold! The final prototype for the Valkyrie Mk. II! Look at this beauty, boy!" Bromnir was gonna pat Mike on his shoulders but he realized he would have to get his ladder to do that so he just opted to pat his legs instead. "Your contributions will not go unnoticed! I would still have done this without you but it would have taken longer! If you keep this up you might be able to join the council soon! Har har har!"

Mike chuckled wryly while scratching his head. He wasn't really used to praise. He looked at the prototype and then at Bromnir before asking, "Can I test it out?"

Bromnir stared at Mike for a couple seconds before shrugging, "Meh, why not? Go for it, boy! It doesn't have weapons anyways...yet...Not too long though, without the multiple core systems that Valkyries have it won't last for long."

"Yes!" Mike pumped his fist and quickly boarded the Valkyrie. He's not a pilot but he reckons he will manage with his theoretical knowledge of the mech.

Bromnir looked at Mike testing out the Prototype and shook his head with a smile. "I got more work to do! I heard we have a Dwarf Guest, I definitely need to meet that brother."

Before he exited the lab, Bromnir warned Mike, "Don't break the prototype! I'm gonna take it out on your contribution points if there are any damages!"


Resources
Start of TurnIncomeExpenditureRemainingNext Turn
25114322526169

Income: [10(Fishing Ships), 40(Fishing Village), 40Capital), 40(Farming Village)] + 10% = 143


Pure Magic Crystals
1

Settlements:
Prime Ship, Freedom - Capital Level 2
Fishing Village, Guardian Coast - Farming Settlement Level 1
Resource Ship 001, Bounty - Farming Settlement Level 1
Orc Military Camp - Military Settlement Level 1

Total Units:
Enigma Prime, Military Hero
Orc Chieftain, Military Hero
Lord Katazok, Civilian Hero
1 Aegis
1 Curator
8 Sentinels
2 Strongman
2 Orc Marauders
2 Swamp Witch

Deployment
Empyrean Legion(1st Army)
Enigma Prime
1 Aegis
1 Curator
8 Sentinels
2 Ogre Marauders
2 Swamp Witches

Guardian Legion(2nd Army)
2 Strongman


Order/Happiness
0|0

Population
16/35

Magna Legacy
Prime Ship Freedom can fire its massive cannons into the fray but at a cost. Can attack during the battle for the chance to eliminate enemies. Roll a d10. On a 6+, kills a troop unit. On an 8+ kills 2 troops or 1 elite. On a 10, kills 4 troops or 2 elite, or 1 hero. Costs 20 resources to fire the cannons.

Crystal Cannons
Settlements count as a number of units equal to their level

Surveying Magical Technology
2 Dice rerolls every exploration

Enigma Prime
Flying Hero Unit
Movement 2
HP 5
Attack 3
Offense 3
Defense 3
Goliath Programming: The power of the Orb has given this unit strength. +2 HP and +1 Attack
Aura of Power: Gives other Valkyrie units +1/+1

Lord Katazok
Civilian Hero Unit
Additional Strength: The Power of Katazok: All troop units gain +1 HP
Additional Weakness: Unknown

Ogre Chieftain
Hero Unit(Modified Flying)
Movement 2
HP 4
Attack 2
Offense 4
Defense 4
Healthy Appetite: +2 HP and when an enemy unit is killed, eats them and regains +1 HP lost back to maximum
Tough Fighter: +1/+1


Valkyrie
Flying Special Unit
Movement 2
HP 3
Attack: 2
Offense 3(4)
Defense 3(4)
Safety Net: If this unit is destroyed, only 1 unit of the combination is destroyed. The remainder is unable to combine again together for 3 turns.

Sentinels
Flying Troop Unit
Tier 1
Movement 2
HP 2
Attack 1
Offense 1
Defense 1
Protector: When another unit is going to be hit, take the damage instead.

Curator
Flying Troop Unit
Tier 1
Movement 2
HP 2
Attack 1
Offense 1
Defense 1
Unit Equipment: Instead of attacking can perform one of these functions instead;
1. Weapon modification: Boost an entire stack by +1/0.
2. Armor Modification. Boost an entire stack by 0/+1.

Strongman
Troop unit(Modified Flying)
Tier 1
Movement 2
HP 2
Attack 1
Offense 1
Defense 1
Overpower: Instead of attacking, can prevent 1 troop-type unit from attacking.


Aegis
Flying Elite Unit
Tier 1
Movement 2
HP 1
Attack 1
Offense 2
Defense 2
Absorption: On an 8+, absorbs strike. Instead of taking damage, holds on to strike. Can hold up to a max of 3 attacks in this manner. During battle may expend all attacks and then returns to normal.

Swamp Witch
Elite Unit(Modified Flying)
Movement 2
HP 1
Attack 1
Offense 2
Defense 2
Swamp Magic: Instead of attacking, can give support to any unit that either uses magic or magically powered tech. This gives the unit that is being assisted a +1/+1

Ogre Mauraders
Elite Unit(Modified Flying)
Movement 2
HP 2
Attack 1
Offense 2(3)
Defense 2(1)
Fighting Good: Ogre Mauraders when initiating combat, gain a +1 Offense and -1 Defense, but also deal an extra +1 Damage. They are also very hearty and have +1 HP


Paid Actions:
Recruit Unit: Sentinel
Add Policy: Manufacture of Greatness
As a free action, spend 40 resources and roll a d10. On an 8+, develops a GM equipment. Resources are not refunded on failure.
Research Advancement: Valkyrie Development Program I
IDEA: Qualitative upgrade on the Valkyrie Mech. Opens up additional and advanced options for unit combinations for an upgraded version of the Mech.

Free Action:
Expedited Recruitment: 1 Sentinel Unit
Movement: Freedom Fleet moves 1 tile South
Movement: 1 Strongman, 1 Swamp Witch, and 2 Ogre Marauders led by the Ogre Chieftain and accompanied by Nickel the Stout board the airships and separates from the Freedom Fleet. This contingent moves 3 tiles South-East(On top of the fort).
Exploration: Freedom Fleet explores the tile after movement.
Tournament: A Valkyrie is sent to participate in the Tournament.
 
Last edited:

CaptainSully

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
The Triumverate are here...
The Blood Moon Is Near...
3159cb35da86436141d146fcc72f2b83.jpg

  • db0c66ec4dcb027b6dcb7f45a31f5320.jpg
    The bitter taste of smoke was thick on the air, the flames rising high above even the tallest tree. The buildings of the Fafrium capital were being reduced to ash while the ground was laden with corpses as far as could be seen. It was a true exhibition of the brutality the Mabinogi could inflict on those who would fall to their onslaughts. Men and women lay in their own crimson ichor with injuries ranging from decapitation and dismemberment, to complete flaying and impalements.

    From a distance atop a tall tree the small Pwca balanced deftly, swinging his lantern from side to side as he often did. His small face made it difficult to see the smile that he had etched onto his face, he had done well for Mother.

    At the foot of the tree his tribe feasted on their spoils, eating whatever and whoever they could find. Cannibalism to the Mabinogi wasn’t the taboo it was for others but nor was it their main diet. It was more a ritual than it was a need for sustenance. The thought was always that by consuming the flesh of your enemy, you were consuming their soul, allowing you to grow stronger and beyond your means.

    As the celebrations continued Pwca took a step to his left and felt the rush of air over him as he began to fall. With slight motions of his legs he gracefully guided himself down the tree faster than any man would be capable of. It was mere moments before his feet were gently touching down on the leafy foliage below. His appearance brought silence and the festivities around him stopped. The solemn quiet accompanied by the previously raucous crowd kneeling before Pwca was testament to his control.

    The leader of the tribe sauntered through the kneeling men and women around him, greeting each with a small, polite smile. His eyes caught a small flower rising up through the thin veil of snow at his feet and knelt down to inhale its sweet fragrance.

    “You see this?” he called out. “This shows we are doing what Mother desires. Even in this harsh weather she blesses us with the beauty of her world. While that capital burns, the farmstead to the north and their army remain. We will finish what we have started and send these invaders into whatever afterlife it is they believe in!”

    With a little turn of his head, Pwca began to walk northward. The tribe around him rose up in unison, calling out Pwca’s name over and over again. They followed him from out of the treeline as they continued northward…the Fafrium presence on the continent was soon to be eradicated.


 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top