What's new
  • This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

    Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Sub Genres
  1. Action
  2. Adventure
  3. Horror
  4. LGTBQ
  5. Magical
  6. Zombies
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Trektek

Happy Necromancer
Birth of Nations: Act 2: Age of Colonialism



The hiss of the cryopod could be heard from down the hall as Lieutenant Boyle quickened his pace with the clanking of his black metal boots. It was early to be waking up the Commander and it was supposed to be done under his orders. As per protocol, the second in command is to be present at the awakening of his Commander before handing back over command of the project.

Turning the corner into the cryo room, he could see Second Lieutenant Nidria, whiskers twitching at her smile as her tail waved back and forth. Clearly the cat woman was gearing up for some sort of preempting of command. “Running Late, Boyle?” Nidria purred.

Boyle straightened his uniform, tugging down his shirt as it had started to move upwards during his speedy walk down the corridor. “Not at all, Second Lieutenant. However…...” He reached over and straightened her tie. “ ….You really should take better care of your appearance before a superior awakens.”

Nidria gave a slight snarl as the pod began to open and she straightened at attention. Boyle already grabbed the man’s clothing from a nearby storage container, ready to hand it as soon as he became oriented to his surroundings.

A man with cybernetics emerged from the pod. The right side of his face outfitted with mechanical parts as well as his left leg. Scars of another time, a time best forgotten, but not without cost.

“Report!” The man’s voice was horse from the cryostasis, but that wouldn’t stop him from beginning his duty as was tasked him long ago. He would oversee this world and its development in order to stop them from making the same mistakes that they did. Their civilizations would go through the crucible and be stronger for it, far stronger than they were.

“Yes of course Commander Le’Grange. As of current count, there are 11 nations in the region, with a possibility of 2 more nations that are secreted in the area. We’ll know more about that soon whether or not they will emerge as a worthy power within the region itself. There is a fascinating amount of differences between the native nations, and even those that are colonizing from the neighboring continent, there are many differences.”

The soldier got dressed as the report was being given, his face non expressive. “Any civilizations that seem overly aggressive and a potential threat on the grand scheme of things?”

Boyle brought up his holopad and brought forth two flags. “There are two that could be potentially harmful in the long run, though I think that even they could be molded in a positive outcome for world safety eventually, just not within this era.” He flipped through some images of flaying and ritual sacrifice. “They would be The Mabinogi and The Ascendant, surprisingly enough, one each for Natives and the Colonizers seem to be the threats that are greatest.”

Le’Grange stood up after getting dressed and received the holo info, bringing it up on his own scanners. “Well, that should be the first true test at hand, then. How they handle these true and present dangers. And of course, if they can’t, we’ll make them useful to the cause in the end. Now, both of you to your stations. We’ve got a lot of observations before us.

Month 1, Year 1290

 

LadyOfStars

Tu'er Shen the Rabbit God
Penumbra
STATS
001 Cities:
Umbra (Capital)
Barenziah (Farming Settlement)
002 Military:
Army 1:
2x DawnGuard (Greatswords)
1x Aurum Wyverns
1x Soleil Canon
Army 2:
2x DawnGuard (Greatswords)
1x Aurum Wyverns
1x Soleil Canon
005 Advancements:


Way of Light
STORY

From the darkness of the dense forest emerged a rickety cart pulled by two haggard mules. They strode out into the early morning sunlight and their master pulled on the reins. “Woah!” Called out his raspy voice.

“What’s your business in the holy city?” Echoed a voice behind a golden mask. The diligent soldiers eyed the elderly man as he raised his straw hat to look down at the guards. He could tell by their build and height that they were elves behind those masks. “Hpmh. Just transporting some pilgrims.” He replied to the faceless figures.

As one guard inspected the carriage he pulled back the curtain to reveal that there were indeed several commoners within. Their clothes told a tale of struggle and poverty and their lack of shackles assured the man that they were indeed free people. “Very well. The stables are just to the left of the main square.”

The old man lowerted his hat and nodded his head in thanks to the men. “Pointy eared bastards.” He swore as he crossed the threshold into the city. Moments later he was unloading his passengers in the city’s center. “That’ll be one bronze piece. Thank you. Thank you.” As he collected his dues from the people one of the passengers that exited the wagon was a woman that was blind and deaf. He groaned in irritation just before he reached out and took her wrist in his hand.

Almost immediately she raised up his one bronze coin and his eyes shot open in surprise. THen they narrowed in suspicion. “I wouldn’t go ‘round lyin bout bein’ deaf or blind in this place. Their goddess might not like it.” He taunted as the woman disembarked from the wagon and walked past the man without bumping him. “Hmph.” He sounded before he turned away and climbed back into his seat.

As she departed from the foul smelling man and his poorly treated mules, Charlotte hoped that fate would never cause their paths to cross again. As she moved through the tides of people that infested the city center, Charlotte’s fingers lightly brushed against many of them. Through this brief contact she was able to find her way through the once unfamiliar city and to the nearest shrine, which she had just learned there were many of.

There she bumped into a man who was in the middle of prayer. “O-Oh my apologies madam.” He quickly expressed when he looked up and saw the grey-haired woman. He was thrown by the lack of an escort as she was clearly blind. “Here. sit here.” he insisted. Taking her hands in his own, Charlotte jumped back, but quickly learned that she could trust the man, who was actually a dwarf. He sat her down on a stone bench and took a second to get a good look at the stranger.

From her tattered clothes she was clearly new to the city, and her hands and feet appeared to have never had a day’s rest. He felt bad for her, but was happy she found her way to the holy city. “Welc-.” Before he could properly welcome the woman to the city, her outstretched arm cut through the air to point at the small, detailed statue of Arlethane that was placed just above the shrine. He was confused as to how she could aim her hand so well, but he did not question it. “The Lady? Ah, makes sense yer here to see her. Getting an audience with her isn’t easy and they say she only helps the most devout, but if yo-.”

Sitting in silence Charlotte poured through all the information that she had gathered thus far from the inhabitants of the city. Suddenly she rose to her feet and stepped around the dwarven man. “H-Hey!’ Quickly he chased after her and wrapped his arm around her own. “Fine I’ll take you to her palace, but don’t get your hopes up.”

The two traveled through the city and although she could not see it with her own eyes, Charlotte marveled at the city’s fantastic gothic architecture. As she waddled down the cobblestone paths with the dwarf in tow, she smiled at the warmth of the sun on her face. Meanwhile her dwarven companion was thoroughly confused by her familiarity with the city. With the exception of the collisions with other citizens, she navigated the city like someone who had lived there for years.

He wanted to ask her about that odd fact, but she had yet to say anything and he got the feeling she wouldn’t start talking now. Suddenly a flock of birds flew overhead as a bell in a tower just above them tolled to signal the passing of the hour. The dwarf cringed from the sound as he felt it vibrating in his ears, but he noticed that Charlotte didn’t even flinch. That was when her second affliction became clear to him. “Of course!” The one-sided conversation made sense to him now.

Several neighborhoods later the duo arrived at the steps of the palace. They were not the only ones there to see The Lady however. Hundreds of people, residents and newcomers knelt at the steps of the palace praying. Some were begging to be let inside and met with Arlethane.

“It was kind of you to keep me company through the city, Jorin son of Bal. But this is where we must part ways.” Charlotte’s smooth, low voice caught the dwarf by surprise and her knowledge of him was even more shocking. He looked up at her with a look of bewilderment. “H-How…” before he could question her she cut him off once more.

“I will wait here until the goddess will see me.” Her arm snaked free of his and she moved to join the masses. In a corner she leaned against an unmarked building and slid down to the ground. Jorin was speechless by her choice and her conviction. He felt powerless to change her mind and so, slowly turned away to leave her to her fate.

--THE FALL--

“Solas is gone! Dead!” A powerful, brass voice declared with unwavering certainty. Aldur slammed his hand upon the marble table and the splintered stone emphasized his growing frustration with the subject.

“I agree. His connection has been severed and there has been no news from his realm in many moons.” Teera said with a somber tone. “We are forced to admit that something in the west possesses the power to kill one of our own and by extension, the rest of us.”

“But what and who is behind this? Reports from the west are inconsistent and every day the reports change. The only constant are reports of chaos, mayhem in the region.” Barenziah looked around at the other deities and cast a sorrowful look their way.

While the others discussed their lack of information and expressed their fears and anger, Arlethane sat at the head of the table with her gaze fixed on the sky above. Their meeting took place atop the tallest tower in her capital city, so high they could nearly feel the moisture in the clouds.

“”We should prepare the rest of the empire for an invasion. Once the enemy is done sacking Solas’ realm they will definitely move further east to take more land.” Teera was the voice of reason among them all and while her opinion was usually highly regarded, this topic had many of the deities afraid for their lives for the first time ever.

“We should launch an offensive! Not sit back and wait! Catch the enemy while they are still tired from their fight with Solas and wipe them out! My armies and my guardians are already preparing to advance west.” Aldur’s pension for violence and war earned him a few eye rolls and very little support.

“The Sun God is dead.” Creed interjected plainly. “You and your armies will be lambs to the slaughter before any foe that could best Solas. A stalwart defense would buy us time and recon would teach us of the enemy.”

“Mythal has gone to scout the enemy...but it has been some days since she has reported anything herself.” Barenziah said softly. “And her last missive is gibberish that mentions only a song she could not evade.” Melkor added.

“She is trying to stall for time as she takes control of Solas’ realms.” Valar declared with conviction. That idea turned some heads and even swayed a few deities to rethink their position on things. “Let us march west together then and show her, greed will not be tolerated.” Aldur offered.

“We never should have come down here.” Everyone looked to Arlethane as the pink-haired goddess finally decided to join the debate. Her chair grated across the stone floor as she pushed away from the table and rose to her feet. “But Solas wanted to save the mortals from the darkness that plagued their hearts and the rest of us wanted to rule over them to ensure it never returned.”

“Let us return home then. We can begin again somewhere e-.”

“No!’ Quickly Arlethane ended Melkor’s train of thought with a fury to rival even Aldur’s. “There is a god killer walking around the mortal world, the cosmic gates must remain sealed!” The expression she wore was uncommon for Arlethane who most mortals affiliated with love and happiness.

“All of you get out. Deal with the foe as you see fit, work together or apart, but I forbid any of you to open the gates for any reason.” While she wasn’t the most powerful deity in the pantheon, Arlethane possessed the largest following with the largest population of the empire living under her banners. Crossing her meant war and at the moment they all had an enemy to focus on.

“Come brothers, we have a war to prepare for!” Aldur, Melkor, and Valar all vanished in a burst of golden light.

Creed’s large wings created turbulent winds as they beat and lifted him up into the air. “Barenziah, let’s go child.” Hesitantly she did as she was told and flew into the air with her father. The two then took off headed west. The other gods and goddesses left one after another until Arlethane was alone at the top of the tower.

“A sunset. I fear it may be the last this empire sees.”

ACTS

Cost Actions:
  1. Army 1 found Farm Settlement
  2. Build Way of Light temple in Umbra
  3. Build Way of Light temple in Barenziah
Free Actions:
  • Army 1 moves S 1 Tile from Capital
  • Army 2 moves N 1 Tile from Capital
  • Army 2 Explore Tile

© pasta



Divine Power Progression


This Turn Income Expenses Next turn
Faith 10 2 0 12
Resources 100 60 50 110
 
Last edited:

CaptainSully

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
FROM DARKNESS THEY COME
THE MABINOGI
「THERE ARE NO INNOCENTS」
The smell of smoke was thick in the air, flames rising from the small village and lighting the sky for miles around. Above the roar of the flames the only sound that could be heard was the blood curdled cries of the villagers as they fell to their hunters like defenceless prey. Man and woman were slain win equal measure with a complete disregard for their combat capability. What took place was nothing short of a complete slaughter, blood soaking the mud beneath feet worse than even the heaviest downpour of rain. Heads floated atop pools of blood while fleshless bodies were stuck atop large, wooden spikes. The attack did not last long but its effects would be felt for a long time. As quick as the attackers emerged from the forest, they seemingly returned in just as much time...all the men and women dead...the children taken to join what we be their new family...The Mabinogi.

Leolin was a monster of a man, towering above other men with ease. His voice was gruff and his appearance intimidating, but he was a fair and just leader. Before him his tribe watched as he counted the heads of the village they had just slaughtered. The final count was just short of two hundred but nobody remained alive. The leader of the tribe raised his arms in the sir to bellowing roars of celebration from his followers. He slowly lowered his arms, bringing silence with it. The apparent rampant horde was far more civilised than one would think, even they understood when to be quiet.

Before his people, Leolin began to speak in a deep, booming voice.

"Mae'r ddraig goch yn gorwedd o dan y llosgfynydd mawr!" He yelled. "I ddiweddu ei slumber a'i ddeffro mae'n nod. bydd yn glanhau'r byd fel y gall mam natur reoli'r tiroedd unwaith eto."

Leolin began to walk back and forth gesticulating with his limbs.

"Unwaith y bydd y llwythau mawr yn uno ac yn gorfodi cyfluniad y galarnad, byddwn yn mynd i'r llosgfynydd ac yn rhyddhau'r ddraig goch ac yna, a dim ond wedyn, y bydd ein tywallt gwaed yn dod i ben!"

With his final words the crowd cheered, their almost beastial cries drawing animals and fey alike to their camp. The pile of heads began to dwindle as nature's creatures started to carry them away, the Mabinogi offering accepted with glee.

As the tribe began to celebrate Leolin approached one of his closest advisors. Gwyn was a Derwydd, her horrific features twisted by the magic that she and her fellow Derwydd were exposed to for most of their existence. A horrific visage hid a vast intellect and knowledge that would be important for The Mabinogi and their goals.

"Mae'n ymddangos bod y llwyth yn hapus gyda chi fel eu harweinydd," she said revealing a toothy grin, each ivory coloured tooth pointed to a sharp, piercing tip. "Mae'r lleuad gwaed arnom ac felly bydd y llwythau eraill yn dod i'r amlwg. Ar ôl i ni ymuno gyda'n gilydd o dan eich arweinyddiaeth gallwn ryddhau'r ddraig goch ar y byd a'i glanhau ar gyfer mam natur."

Leolin smiled before turning back towards his people.

"Cyn belled â bod mam yn cael ei byd yn ôl, byddwn wedi cyflawni ein dyletswydd fel ei phlant. Bydd ein pobl yn cael bywyd heb dywallt gwaed, yn rhydd o wenwyn technoleg a diwydiant. Rwy'n hir yn gallu gollwng fy arfau ac i fodoli fel dyn yn unig ac nid y sawl sy'n cymryd pennau."

Gwyn reached out with her long, boney fingers and rested it upon Leolin's shoulder.

"Os gall unrhyw un wneud iddo ddigwydd, chi ydyw."

______________________​

Actions

1: Advancement: Hud Natur - Level 1 (20 Resources)

Pick a spell and roll a D10. For every Derwydd unit after the first, add +1 to the roll. These can be used either in combat or on the map. Number in the bracket is the required roll.

-Havoc (10)
-Combat: Pick an enemy unit type and the traits of those units do not work.
-Map: Advancements of nations within three hexes cost double this turn.

-Nature's Grasp (9)
-Combat: Enemy units count as strikes last with all flying units losing the fly rule that turn.
-Map: Enemy units up to three hexes away cannot move this turn.

-Nature's Growth (6)
-Combat: Friendly units gain 0/+2.
-Map: Two tiles up to one hex away become forest.

-Poison Fog (7)
-Combat: Roll a D10 for every enemy unit. On a 10 they take 1HP damage.
-Map: Up to one hex away, enemy units take attrition damage for every full turn they are in the fog using the combat effect above.

-Bolt (8)
-Combat: Successful hits by Derwydd hit two units. Counts as ranged.
-Map: Derwydd can attack enemy units up to one hex away.

---

2: Advancement: Rhoddion Nature - Level 1 (20 resources)

Gain resources each turn equal to 10X where X is the level of the Capital.

---

3: Advancement: Rites of Ascension - Level 1 - Progress in Mobinogi society is earned through bloodshed. The stronger an individual, the greater their standing. Gain a hero on a D10 roll of 10 each turn, up to a maximum number equal to the capital's level. This limit only applies to heroes generated by this advancement.
(20 resources)

---

Free Action: Explore Forest

______________________​

Resources

Start of TurnIncomeExpenditureRemainingHead Tokens
1004060800

Order/Happiness

0/0

Leolin's Tribe

Level 2 Capital

Garrison

x4 Rhyfelwr

Army

x3 Rhyfelwr
x1 Derwydd

Cigfa's Tribe

Level 1 Settlement

Garrison

x2 Rhyfelwr

Army

x3 Rhyfelwr
x1 Derwydd

Pwca's Tribe

Level 1 Settlement

Garrison

x2 Rhyfelwr

Army

x3 Rhyfelwr
x1 Derwydd

coded by yukitera & khocolatte
 
Last edited:

Cosmo

Does Not Know Kung-fu


≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Wither took deep breaths to calm his nerves as the chilly air crept in, his hands rubbed together to try and get some feeling back into his numb, ink stained fingers. His eyes couldn't stop as they wandered the.. 'colony' or that was what it was if someone was being exceedingly generous. The 'roads', as they were supposed to be, used to be packed dirt, but the rain and snow had broken them down into mud, although even calling it mud was hiding it's nature, it was more akin to brown icy sludge that had been walked on just enough to keep from freezing, and instead, gripped the feet of any that tried to tread upon them as if determined to make every foot taken onto this new world as difficult as possible. At several points, the mud had tripped him up and once even taken his boot from his very foot which had him hopping and hobbling back to it to try and put it back on without stepping into the mess. Most of the buildings were tents with rough hewn wooden boards as floors to stop rot foot while only a few were truly structures worthy of the name. The sounds of hammers and curses, the delightful song of construction, had filled the colony since they had made landfall and the outlines of larger buildings as well as the start of a large palisade to circle Red Dawn had started to take shape. A home, something they hadn't had in some time, although Wither couldn't help but wish they had a better name. It was said the name was chosen when the crew of the Rib Breaker had spotted land and the sun had been cresting the mountains, spraying the horizon with red hues, but Wither couldn't help but wonder if it wasn't a name chosen by someone who thought it sounded 'nifty' and the justification was added afterwards.

"You Paul?" A voice said from behind, a voice that was somehow smooth and yet rough, not as harsh as rocks that grounded against one another, but instead like fine sand brushing over a river stone and it took everything in Wither's small body to not jump, flail, contort and fall face first into the abominable mud that covered the ground, "Y-Yes?" His voice said as it quivered just a bit from surprise and the sudden shot of fear driven adrenaline coursed through his frame.

"Good, didn't tell me ya'd be so bleedin' small," the voice said again, but as he turned Wither was finally able to put a face to the voice, an orc, a large, female orc. A large, annoyed female orc. Her skin was a dark green but what he could see of it was marred by numerous white scars that stood as stark contrast. Her long, dark hair was pulled back into a large braid that ran down her back, a long scar came across her full lips and nicked them on the edge right next to one of the two teeth that poked out from her bottom lip, a common sight for her kind. Without conscious command, his eyes scanned her from head to toe which was hard to hide as she towered over him, at least two heads above, her muscled form was covered in thick clothes to protect against the chilly air and from beneath he could sometimes spot the glint of metal, the armor that lay beneath. At her hip sat more then a few weapons, each deadlier looking then the last from the dagger that looked more like a sword to him, a wicked looking axe and an archaic looking pistol. As his eyes continued to move down, an annoyed cough snapped his eyes back to her face, to meet her own, the emerald eyes echoed the annoyance of the cough, but there was more to it as well, curiosity, a hint of amusement and something else. Something lurked behind those eyes, a spark of something primal.

"Enjoy ya'self?" The orc said as she raised a curved eyebrow as Wither blushed and ran his ink stained fingers through his own matted black hair, "N-No, I mean yes, I mean..." He fought for what was the right thing to say, he had no idea. People in this place, in this cult, were crazy. They killed for the slightest provocation and over the stupidest of things, "I'm sorry."

"Don't be fuck'n sorry," the orc said as those emerald eyes rolled in more annoyance, "Don't ever be fuck'n sorry in these parts, not if ya wanna live," she let what she said sit in the air awhile before she let out a huff, "Right, so what are you supposed to be?"

"I'm a chronicler," Wither said in a rush, as he gestured to the small wooden board against his chest that was folded up againts his chest, held there by a leather strap, but, at a moments notice, could be deployed and would let him write with his quill while moving. The orc starred at him, those big eyes still held their question as her boot tapped in the mud and made rather large splats with each tap, "I.. Chronicle, I writ-"

"I know what a fuck'n chronicler is. Ya chronicle. I get it. Just cause I look and talk like this, doesn't mean I'm slow. What the fuck are ya doing here and why the fuck did I have to get ya," She said her voice took on an edge, as the woman had registered an implied insult and her heckles had started to rise.

"Oh, I'm sorry, terrible sorry about that," Wither's said before wincing, "Don't apologize, right, sorr-," he took a breath to steady himself and stared at the mud between them as it was easier to talk to, "Every army is to have a chronicler. To record their trial and tribulations so their deeds may live on for all time, to be enshrined in the Veil upon Ascension," with each word, he shrunk into himself and hte last was said almost monotone, words repeated but not believed.

"Ya shittin' me," the orc said, "That's the dumbest fuck'n... Fine, I'm Astra, I lead the Reavers. Or what's left of 'em. I'll be running the expedition north. We need ta get to the docks. Follow me and stay quiet," Astra said as she let out an annoyed huff and turned on her heel and stormed off and left Wither to scramble after her.

They had barely started to walk before Wither's foot got stuck in the mood, "Hey, wait-" Wither called to Astra as she stomped on, but if she heard him, she gave no sign as she disappeared into the crowd. Cursing under his breath and on all the stars and gods that brought him to these lunatics, Wither gripped his knee and pulled with all his might. With a slurp, the mud released his boot but sent him catapulting forward, off-balanced, as he smashed into another person. "Terribly sorry, I got stuck and-" Wither's ramble stopped as he saw the broad figure, body covered in scars and tissue, his face, or what was left of it, was covered in scars, jagged, as if this guy had held up the knife to his own face and started to cut off pieces.

"Sorry?" The man barked, the word was garbled as if his mouth was no longer able to properly produce the sounds, "Oh, ya ain't sorry, but ya gonna be," the scarred man moved closer and leaned down towards Wither, the smell of rotted flesh from the man's mouth nearly made Wither's gag as a forked tongue slipped out to lick his lips, it was not some mutation, but heavily scarred as if someone, perhaps the man himself, had stuck a knife into his own tongue and split it, "When I'm done with ya, you'll be screaming a whole lot, might even keep ya, pretty lil thing like ya-"

Whatever was about to be said was interrupted by a large gloved hand shooting from over his head, it was so quick that Wither barely saw it, just a blur as the hand forced it's way into the man's open mouth and gripped his jaw, the voice of silken sand over stone came from behind and it brought on a wave of relief that Wither had not known possible, "Nah, nah, I must'a been hearing things, couldn't have been some slimy little shit that crawled outta his momma and ate his own afterbirth was about to try and take my chronicler, right?"

Fear sprung into the man's eyes as he clawed and gripped at Astra's forearm, but it was pointless. He had a better chance of digging into the underworld then breaking her grip, "Right?" she demanded and from her grip on his jaw, forced his head up and down, to nod with her, "Yes, that's a good boy, you know betta, dontcha?" Once more the man's head was forced up and down as tears welled up in the corner of his eyes as the neck was bent and forced to obey. "You're a good boy, ain't cha? Yeah, you are, and you won't do this again, will you?" she said, force his head back and forth, and for a second, Wither was sure it was going to snap under the pressure.

"Good, I won't be tellin' ya again," she said and fast as a viper, her arm yanked back, dragging the man up and off his feet as she slammed her forehead over into the man's nose, a sickening crack spilt the air as blood spluttered and flowed freely to the mud below. The man's body went limp and Astra dropped him like as if he were a dead bird, and she, the cat who had lost interest with her prey. During the exchange, not a single person around them had stopped to watch, they just went on their work, such sights were common in their world, just another day.

"You," Astra growled and whirled on Wither, "What I tell ya? You don't fuck'n say sorry. Victims say sorry. Blubbering slaves waiting to be robbed, killed or fucked say sorry."

Astra reached up to wipe the blood from her forehead and let out a frustrated sigh, "Look, Paul, you're new. Ain't no two ways about it. So I'll give you some advice, there are two ways to survive out here among these crazy shitheads," she said and held up two fingers, "The first, ya get on ya knees and kiss the ass of every sick fuck till ya find one who likes the look of ya. Either you feed that ego of theirs, they find ya useful, or they want ya for.. other things... I don't recommend ya do that one. The second is ya square your shoulders, lift that weak ass chin of yours and fake it till ya make it. Half the fucks out there doing the same damn thing. Ain't got no spine, ain't want no fight, just pretending so no one fucks with them. Do the same thing and just hope ya don't bluster into someone like me," the large orc let out a slow breath as she once again tapped her foot into the mud, "I don't know where ya come from, don't wanna know, no one cares about ya life story, but as long as ya with me and the revears, ya part of our crew. Don't fuck'n embarrass us, yea?"

"Right, right, I can do that," Wither's said, his voice just as shaky as his ink stained hands.

"Wait, why aren't you armed?" Astra said as her eyes scanned him.

"I'm a writer, I didn't think I-" Wither's said as his hands came up to try and explain what should have been obvious, but not so obvious in the world he now found himself in.

"Always be armed, Paul," Astra said, "Fuck'n Veil, how did ya survive till now. Come on, I'll find ya a spare piece of iron on the boats," She said with a final roll of her eyes as a single large hand gripped the collar of his dirty jacket and hauled him off as if he weighed no more then a sack of grain.

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Settlements
Red Dawn - Capital Level 1

Total Troops
2 Blooded
2 Basic Boats
1 Blood Slaves
1 Reavers

Deployment
Army 1
2 Blooded
2 Basic Boats
1 Blood Slaves
1 Reaver

Order/Happiness
0/0

Population
10

Sacrifice Tokens
0

Armory
Two Hero Artifacts

Resources
Start of TurnIncomeExpenditureRemaining
100207050

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Actions
Recruit Blooded - 10 Res
Advancement Blood Tithe* - 40 Res
Advancement Construct Fighting Pits** - 20 Res [Think it'll go Fighting Pits -> Arena -> Coliseum for advancements]

Free Action
Army 1 will embark onto the boats and move North to the mountain tile directly above capital
Army 1 will explore Northern Mountain Tile

Blood Tithe*
Get x% resource for everyone max pop. So 20% of Max Pop is granted as Res a turn, or something and percentage gets bigger as advancement upgrades. Scale off the 'size' of the cult. Whatever percentage or how it works up to y'all for balance sake.

Fighting Pit**
No concrete idea. Maybe a single unit can be placed in the Fighting Pits a turn and on a good roll they get a unique trait/upgrade [For that individual unit, not all types of its kind] and on a bad roll they die but generate sacrifice points? Or chance it can recruit a special like 'Champions of the Pit/Arena/Coliseum' unit each turn that get stronger when the building is upgraded... or I can just recruit that special unit but I can only have 1 of them and can't get a new one till old one is dead [So only ever be one Champion(s)] and their tier depends on the advancement level of the building. Or maybe y'all have a cool idea for it. I'm game for whatever, surprise me!
 
Last edited:

Crocodile

Mister Zero
Great Cog.gif

Coghaven

The Council of Ministers was gathering in the Overseer's Hall, various figures that handled the needs of their offices on behalf of the Overseer and the workers of Coghaven. Overseer Runcible Thorpe was first in the chamber, seated at the head of the round table with chair slightly taller on the back to denote his office as the ruler of the nascent nation of exiles. There was the low whir of the emblem of Coghaven spinning continually as a sign of the nation's perpetual dedication to its ideals and efforts. Any location they build would have such animated emblems of state to inspire the people. The various other Minsters made their entrances, some having just come off their own labor shifts to have this meeting. The most prominent to gather aside from the partially mechanical Overseer were the imposing Elven Warmaster, Otherion, who acted as Minister of War and the immensely bloated goblin magnate, Fizzo Glint, so corpulent and well fed he was as large as an Orc while dressed in finely tailored clothing to contain his enormous bulk. The bloated goblin held seat as Minister of Commerce, being one of the tolerated merchants in Coghaven society.

It had been a rather heated debate, allowing Glint to have a seat, but the goblin's business acumen and brilliant mind were too useful to discard. Glint also seemed eager to inspire a little bit of mercantile behavior as he made his money more off patents, allowing othering to make and sell his goods. Glint had started another area of business in leisure goods and services, feeding into the appetite of Coghaven workers to find relaxation and enjoyment. The wily goblin had taken to being exiled, seeing it more as an opportunity to start something more impressive beyond the limitations of Greater Titania and its stifling class system that eagerly stepped on merchants who didn't have noble connections and allies.

Warmaster Otherion was a curious addition as elves in Greater Titania usually held better status than this one had. His interest in the mechanical had made him a pariah in Elven high society, leading to his exile from the Elven Holds sworn to the Empress. Otherion ended up fumbling his way into smoggy Hammerton, desperate simply for work either as mercenary or laborer. When he saw the growing discontent boiling over and organizing into full scale revolt, he swore himself to the cause quickly even if originally out of spite and vengeance towards his people and the Titianian nobility they were linked to. He was a dangerous man both as a commander and as a warrior, proven when he lead and organized the laborer militias into an actual fight force that had stood up to Titianian soldiers. His elven frame was strongly built and honed for fighting both on land and sea. Many thought the elves mad for driving out one of their greatest military officers, but Coghaven embraced him and Otherion had even converted to the faith of the Great Cog. He worked hard and demanded just as much from his living soldiers and sailors who served beneath him.

"So then, I'm glad to say that so far, our settlement seems to be coming along well. Hopefully in time we can expand it more fully once we're in a more secure position, let's hear the reports," Runcible said as he poured himself a glass of water and taking a drink while the others prepared their papers and checked notes. It was Fizzo Glint who happily gestured to have the opportunity to speak first.

"If you don't mind me going first, boss, I've got something to bring up. We took up position in a bit more of arid space. So we need better food access. We're holding up alright with all that crap the Empress gave us to get us off her land, but end of the day we gotta expand our own means," Fizzo said as he grins a bit widely at the comment considering his own absurd size and bulk. "I got plans for a Clockwork Fishery we can put in place. People need something else to eat, plus long term I hear fish makes good fertilizer if we seriously want to get some major farming going. If it goes well enough we could explore the waters for hidden goodies we can convert into goods and luxuries for the folks here... or abroad."

A few of the Minsters roll the eyes as the goblin spoke, feeling this another pet project to further his own interests. Warmaster Otherion seems only partially disinterested as food production meant a better means to feed his soldiers and keep logistics going more smoothly. It also though meant he'd have to consider future military issues involving this new exploration of the waters. A few argued against it but Glint managed to win over others as he laid out the logic to his project. Finally the Overseer simply nodded and gave permission.

"Get it done, Fizzo. I want to see what you can make of it. More food is always good. Variety is good too for our people. What comes beyond that is a matter for later council meetings," Runcible noted as he looks over his reports. He wasn't one to waste words but he was pragmatic and tolerated the goblin's ambitious nature since it seemed to be what kept him loyal to the cause. He shifted his focus over to Otherion.

"Warmaster, I noticed you've requested an aggressive expansion of our Clockwork forces. Explain?" Runcible ask as he gestured and Otherion simply nodded as he looked around the table.

"As the Overseer said, I've requested our production facilities use our stores to produce more Clockwork Soldiers. The military might of our new nation is entirely dependent upon these mechanical troops. Training Cog Guard is resource intensive and we only even pass half the applicants who can meet my rather demanding expectations. The Clockwork are built to bear the brunt of enemy aggression while being reliable combat troops," Otherion explained with clear and focused concern as he made it clear why he was pushing so hard for this.

"Along with those troops, I've requested resources be shifted to the construction of a defenses I'm referring to as Modular Walls around the settlement. Their design should prove interesting, allowing us to control where entrances are and how well a region is sealed off from access. The stabilizer pylons for the walls we drive into the ground can also serve as future foundation points should this defensive structure be upgraded or even enhanced with our technologies as we proceed forward."

"Any objections?" Runcible asked and the Ministers shook their heads. No one usually argued with the imposing Warmaster, but they also firmly supported shoring up the defenses of their new capital city. It would create the foundation from which they could spread and forge the nation they dreamed to build.

There was more discussion, some rumblings from the Cogpriest elected to speak for the faith this session of the Council mainly just to convey any patterns in worker complaints or wanting to address public concerns they were hearing about. Fizzo's project seemed to please them as it did introduce some new variety into the diet of the population that would be appreciated. Others voiced concerns about their borders, particularly the west where there looked to be sightings of structures. Generally the feeling from those gathered was nervous excitement that they were now truly on their way to creating a new way of life and a nation that they hoped would make Greater Titania look like a joke.

"A final piece of business, my friends. I am ordering the First Clockwork Legion to hold position for now. Their task is to explore our personal territory thoroughly and aggressively. I want total understanding of our new homeland before we bother poking at natives or potentially some colonial group. We all know other nations are dumping people here or seeking to exploit it. I don't want any hidden surprises here when we are going to grow Forgeheart into one of the greatest cities on the face of this world," Runcible stated as he clenched his mechanical fist firmly.

"For a better tomorrow," Runicble declared as he looks to his followers.

"For a better tomorrow!" Roared the Ministers in response as they thumped the table with their own closed fists.




Settlements
Forgeheart - Capital Level 1

Total Troops
2 Clockwork Soldiers
1 Clockwork Reavers
1 Cog Guard
2 Ships

Deployment
First Clockwork Legion
2 Clockwork Soldiers
1 Clockwork Reavers
1 Cog Guard

Order/Happiness
0/0

Population
10

Resources
Start of TurnIncomeCurrentExpenditureRemaining
1502017010070




Actions
Recruit 2 Clockwork Soldier units (Production Line Efficiency) - 70 Res
Advancement Construct Clockwork Fishery - 15 Res
Advancement Construct Modular Walls - 15 Res

Free Action
First Clockwork Legion will hold position in the capital.
First Clockwork Legion will explore the capital territory.​
 
Last edited:

Kent

Imagination will bring us everywhere
Prime Ship, Freedom - Capital Settlement

Kiel Wisteria, Core Room
1637762001715.png

The room was silent aside from Kiel's breathing and the Core's hum. He felt calm as he stared at the core. It's sort of a ritual of his, coming to the core room and just staring at the core to calm his nerves when he is feeling excited or anxious. It reminds him of the collective's greatness and their achievements thus far. If they made something like this, what other great things could they make in the future?

He already knows how it works, more so than anyone in the collective. It is his creation after all, but he still looks at it as if it's his first time seeing it. A gaze full of amazement and curiosity. This is his biggest achievement. A core that converts and stores a monstrous amount of energy from magic crystals and uses it to power the flight systems and the other components of this massive flying ship.

The silence was broken and Kiel snapped out of his wonder with the sound of multiple footsteps.

"I knew we'd find you here." Aleksey Bebutov's voice echoed through the room. She was accompanied by the other members of the council. "You weren't gonna attend the meeting, were you?."

"..."
Kiel turned around and smiled, waiting for Aleksey to finish.

"Before big things happen, you usually come here. I had to lead the other councilors here to convene the meeting instead of the council room. You know, you should start-"

"Isn't it beautiful? This is the greatest invention of the Collective."
Kiel cut off Aleksey which made her frown and roll her eyes. His voice echoed louder than Aleksey's voice and drowned out her murmurs of complaint. "Now, we have arrived in a new continent. A new land where everything is unknown! Our goal has always been to explore the unknown and create inventions from what we learn."

He then pointed at the core. "If we could make something like this from the resources and knowledge we gathered in the old continent. What could be made from the resources and knowledge of this new continent? Our goal has always been to create the greatest magical-tech inventions and I have a feeling we will achieve it in this continent. This core, our current greatest achievement will pale in comparison! We will create something that will make everyone and even Deities kneel in fear and awe! Through our inventions, we will transcend!" He looked at everyone with eyes full of fervor. Some would say he is crazy and arrogant, but not his current audience - his fellow councilors. They also looked at him with crazed expressions, they are figuratively drooling imagining what Kiel is saying.

"Now, enough of that. Let's begin with the meeting." Kiel looked at Aleksey and nodded. She started at his eyes in thought before sighing. This is why she withdrew her candidacy for Chairmanship. While she could match the genius of Kiel, she could never match his charm and the craziness that will either make or break the collective.

She gestured towards Gerald, the Fleet Admiral to make his report to the council.

"The fleet is currently above a mountain range. The currently observed region is snowy so assumptions would have to be made that we are in the northern part of the continent. More information will have to be obtained through scouting or other detective measures. Three Points of interest have been observed. A coastal village to the East, a ravine to the South, and a cave in the North-West." The Captain reported. He then pulled out a device and projected a holographic map. "Here is the current map that we have."

"A very good job, Admiral. Information is key and explorations will be a priority. Where should we start out of the three points of interest?"
Kiel asked as he stared at the map.

"I would suggest we start with the village. It is imperative that we establish a foothold in this new and unknown land and obtain the valuable information these natives possess. Not to mention that we could also bring them into the fold and tap into whatever resources that they currently have and vice versa. I can only see a win-win for both parties. "

He then looked at the rest of the councilors and continued. "With the genius of our councilors there would have been no need to ask this question but I shall still provide the answer for it regardless. For posterity."

"What if they're dangerous? We surely could not afford losses this early into the expedition and with how expensive our troops are to create... The Straed Collective has absolute aerial superiority in this region and possibly even the entire continent."
The Admiral declared but none of the councilors retorted since they also think so. "We have the Magna Legacy, our Fleet, and the Empyrean Legion who could activate the Valkyrie if needed. I have full trust in our military might."

"Very well said. I also thought of the same thing as you, Admiral. We will move the Fleet west to the village and start our first exploration there. Any objections?" Kiel waited for a minute for an objection before clapping his hand once when there was none. "Motion approved. You can carry out necessary preparations and actions after the meeting, Admiral. Next one, please. I can't wait to end this meeting and go back to my laboratory."

Aleksey looked at him and rolled her eyes. "You saying nonsense will make this meeting longer."

"With how old you are, if I let you lead this meeting we will never finish!"
Kiel snapped back and chuckled before raising his hands in surrender when Aleksey took a step forward.

The councilors looked at the two's banter and laughed with just some of them smiling wryly while shaking their heads. It's a typical occurrence. Both were of the same age but Kiel used a magitech that preserved his youth while Aleksey opted not to. Sometimes they wonder if it also stopped their Chairman's mind from maturing with his childish acts.

"Alright, you two. My turn." Bromnir Starforge, the Chief Engineer stepped in. "We have reached a breakthrough if you could call it that, with the Crystal Cannons from studying the Magna Legacy. The project only needs to do some finishing touches before we can install it on Freedom and the ships. It's gonna significantly improve our firepower and add to our defenses."

"Very well. Since this project has already been approved in a previous meeting, I will authorize the integrations of the Crystal Cannons in settlement and ship designs as well as the installation on Freedom and the two escort ships unless we have any objections.
" Kiel again waited for a minute before giving his stamp. "Alfred? I believe you have updates on the scanning magitech?"

"Yes, I do." Alfred, Meister of the Magic and Mystery department said as puffed a smoke which stopped mid-air and assumed the form of a device. "Scanning device integrated with the best of our detection magic. We will be doing many explorations and information is important. This device will aid us in surveying and obtaining information on the lands and whatever is below us whether it be new minerals, some crazy creature, or a hidden ruin. Research is basically finished, it only needs to go through the same process as the Crystal Cannons. I know you approve, you helped in the research process. Any objections from the rest of the council?"

Kiel and Bromnir chuckled with Aleksey rolling her eyes. "Anybody?.... Then approved."

"It seems like there's nothing else to be discussed or proposed of...This ends the meeting, I guess. Council Meeting adjourned."
Kiel declared as he quickly walked towards the exit.

"Charman Wisteria! Where do you think you're going?" Aleksey called him out as soon as she saw her walking away.

"I'm gonna do Chairman duties and then research!"

Aleksey started chasing after him, she looked like she'll beat him up when she catches him. "Don't lie to me! I know you intend to join the expedition. Come back here and let's talk!"

"I can't hear you. The noise of the core is drowning out your voice! Sorry, Alex!"


Resources
Start of TurnIncomeExpenditureRemaining
100209030

Pure Magic Crystals
1

Settlements:
Prime Ship, Freedom - Capital Level 1

Total Troops:
1 Aegis
1 Curator
2 Sentinels

Deployment
Empyrean Legion(1st Army)
1 Aegis
1 Curator
2 Sentinels

Order/Happiness
0|0

Population
10


Paid Actions:
Construct Settlement: Farming Ship, Bounty(1/3)
Research Advancement: Crystal Cannons
Research Advancement: Surveying Magical Technology

Free Action:
Movement: Freedom Fleet moves 1 tile east.
Exploration: Army 1, supported by Freedom Fleet will explore tile after movement.
 

Twist

Of Fate
Yamabuki

Settlements
Huang He (Capital Level 1)

Total Troops
3 Samurai Troop
3 Monk Troop
2 Wyrms Elite
2 Boats
Dragons Gate Non-Combatant


Order/Happiness
0/0

Population
10

Orders
Paid Actions:
Build Advancement Fishing Wharf (10 resources)
Build Advancement Lumber Yard (10 resources)
Build Advancement Journey of Longmen Shrine * (10 resources)


*Definitely would like this to do something with happiness so stops it lowering by a certain amount and restores by a certain amount or something


Free Actions:
Recruit Dragonic Unit with the Dragon Gate Wyrm (Free)
Movement (Army One) 1 Tile West
Exploration (Army One) 1 Tile West

Army One
2 Samurai
2 Wyrm


Movement (Army Two) 2 Tile West

Army Two
2 Monk
1 Boat


Resources

Start: 150
Income: 20
Expenditure: 30
End: 140




Changpu wiped the sweat from his brow with the hem of his flowing sleeve, careful not to knock off the fine peaked cap adorning his head in the process. He had only just became a Shinshokoi, a hallowed representive of their countries religion, and priest of the Journey of Longmen Shrine of which he now stood within and already the pressures of such a role was getting to him.

All around him was beautiful scenery, from well sculpted and verdant displays of flowers and shrubs to the deep, clear waters of the pond but all Changpu could do was watch his feet as he followed the path and tried not to trip over his either his sandals or his pristine white robes.

Looking up from time to time, the panicky priest spied a quaint bench overlooking the pond, it's only user an elderly man, clad in black finery and hunched over seemingly asleep. Changpu made a shambling sprint towards the seat in the hopes of ducking away from his duties for a precious few moments. Sitting on the bench, he threw his arms behind the back rest as he took a deep cleansing breath, the large red circle on the front of his jōe an almost fitting representation of his pounding heart. "First day I presume?"

Changpu had thought the old man asleep and so quickly righted himself, taking up a more fitting pose of someone of his status, sitting up straight as he slid his hands into his sleeves. He could feel his face reddening in embarrassment though the old man seemed not to take notice, as he continued to feed the fish. "How did you know?"

"Well, I'm come here everyday to feed the fish." replied the old man, carefully peeling the skin from the mandarin in his hand. "Helps me to relax and meditate on my life, you see"

He threw a segment of the fresh fruit into the pond, causing a small splash with Changpu noticing the elderly man had already garnered quite the gathering, the priest watching as the water bubbled with vibrant colours as the ripples subsided and the fish began to eat. "Would you like to join me?"

The old man turned, pulling out another mandarin from beside him, his straw hat acting as an impromptu bowl of fruit. Changpu had no reason to refuse and so took the fruit, digging his fingernails into the flesh as he began to peel. "Careful not to stain your robes, young man. You hold a most hallowed role in our society, and you don't want a simple stain to ruin your good image."

Changpu merely nodded, smiling weakly at his elders advice. His new role came with enough stress as it was and now he had to be careful with handling a simple fruit.

Throwing the last of his mandarin to the snacking shoal, the old man turned to the Shinshokoi "New beginnings are always hard my friend, more so if you have a great destiny before you." Changpu looked at the serene senior from the corner of his eye, his state of mind seemingly quite apparent to the wizened wise man. "Let me tell you a story about a special shoal of Koi, one that almost mimics the journey of which this shrine is founded on, a journey into foreign lands, with three marvellous Koi at it's head...."


[/font]
 
Last edited:

GrieveWriter

U-Incorporated 2nd Class Type Unit
Screaming... Laughing... Cheers and Cries...
8cc2981e63aad398a0c2235377ca7298.jpgThe dichotomous display was the natural state of any battle in which the Soilings took part of. They could be restrained long enough to lure an enemy into a trap or get the drop on them, but once weapons clashed their fervor was unrivaled. This was simply a fact that all under the Growth's festering banner took to heart, for expecting a Soiling to stifle their passion for too long was a recipe for disaster.

Blueglow had known this before they'd even begun their march, and yet had to stifle his impulse to call for silence among them. Their foes, the Hypathians, had long since been butchered beyond recovery. But even with no quarries to contend with, the Soilings continued slashing and hammering away at the bodies, preparing them to be fuel for cultivation. Yes, all those voices calling out in the woods around were purely belonging to the ferocious Soilings as they acted out their purpose.

They were odd creatures, but brothers and sisters under the Growth all the same. Blueglow would not lament them their peculiarities, not after they'd worked hard to clear these trees of Hypathian resistance.

For too long the Flessi Assembly had tolerated the Hypathians hunting in their neighboring lands, stealing flesh meant for the Growth. It was only by means of a Tax of Cattle that they had been allowed to continue their perusal through claimed lands, merrily dancing back up to their mountain homes whenever they felt the Assembly's growing ire from their presence. But it had only been a matter of time before they grew lax in their agreement, when they'd overstep their bounds and brought swift retribution amongst them.

The tribals had left their Tax of Cattle unfulfilled for too long, yet still galivanted in the Assembly's hunting grounds without a care in the world.

The Architect had handed his demands to Blueglow the moment the last of the Nayzikki had bee converted: The Hypathians would share in their fate.

And so the Hunting parties and foragers east of Carcass had been fallen upon, hunted through the brush and slaughtered to the last body. They would serve as the first step in the Assembly's expansion, the call of the Corpsemakers had been heard and the quest for further cultivation had begun.

But not yet, Blueglow had led the march up until the beginning of the Hypathian mountains southeast of Carcass.

They would wait until the territory was fully claimed, rooting out any Hypathian leftovers found in the vicinity. Only until they were certain every last one of the Mountaineers had been slain would they continue.

Which is why he stood in place, letting the sun set over him several times as the Soilings hunted through the woods. It rained twice, but such weather would merely remove his need to seek a drink amidst his waiting. He allowed the water from above to drench him, hearing several Soilings play amongst the now water-coated corpses. Trickles of rainwater snaked along the wood of the trees around him, seeping into their roots and letting them drink deeply.

But by the time their wait bore fruit, the remnants of the rain had begun drying up. The Soilings had dispersed, becoming more organized as they patrolled the nearby lands for remnants of the Hypathian hunting parties. The silence had been returned to Blueglow as a result, the distant cries of Soilings the only thing to interrupt his waiting.

Until he heard the giggling.

Turning around, he watched as a wretch of a soiling carefully staggered her way towards him, holding on to a branch to help prop herself up as she carefully made her way to Blueglow's side.

"You should not have come here." Blueglow released his own chorus of voices at her presence, the words of the plethora of beings that had helped to cultivate him speaking over one another.

973df5a0551a387393425f70d6a710ff.jpg"And miss... the inaugural venture of my kin? Pah!" she braced herself for a momentagainst ehr staffbefore continuing "The time to move on has come, the Hypathians will not be granted further time to stain the lands."

Her voice was ragged and weak, a farcry from the energetic howls of the other Soilings. But such was to be expected, Whitebranch was know for her physical incapability. A soiling grown from a foul corpse, unable to supply her the strength of her peers. She should have been reburied, returned to the Growth's embrace in penance for her weakness. But she instead guided her fellow Soilings, having them act out the violence she herself would never be able to partake in.

Without her, raising the new Soilings to their current numbers wouldn't have been so simple, but her fervor in crushing the Nayzikki had at least proven to Blueglow that she was worth keeping around. It wasn't that he didn't trust the Irecap's words, but he was of the mind that actions were worth more. Actions and accomplishments were what brought him to his current rank of Head Cultivator, they were what had let Whitebranch go without the Replanting. They were what would see them spread the Growth further than it had been in some time.

"Are you certain such haste is necessary?" Blueglow asked as he turned his attention back to the mountain peaks towering in the distance.

"The Hypathians are weak... cowards dependent on their mountains." Whitebranch carefully made her way to Blueglow's side "Any sizable force will... crush them. They grew... complacent in those hills. Show them the... error of such ways."

"Hmph." Blueglow's air vents flexed as he tilted his head down and looked to the massive growth that his left arm ended in "Know who will bear the burden of failure should your words prove false."

"Knowing our neighbor.... I trust in that." Witebranch's bones creaked against each other as she leaned against her staff "I've... awaited their demise far too long. Dreamed of the Soilings they will become... lusted for their end."

"Noted..." Blue glow raised the massive, fungal tumor before letting it glow and release a form of pollen in the air just as the breeze turned his way. As the pollen swept backwards through the words, the voices came. The Soilings that had spread out took note of the pollen before releasing cries of enthusiasm that echoed off the trees and filled the forest around them. At such a scale, they almost sounded like true Flessi.

The chorus of voices was a standard for every Flessi, the voices of dozens of progenitors speaking through the latest generation and given new life through the Growth. The Soilings lackedsuch a chorus, with too much of their former being remaining to influence their tones. Though they were ardent in their loyalty to the Growth's propagation, they could not form a chorus such as a Flessi without aid from their kin.

But as Blueglow slowly heard the chorus draw near, heard the pounding of heavy legs and bones clanking against weapons, he could almost believe that it was a horde of Flessi racing towards him. That belief ended when the first of the Soilings lunged past him, leaping over a bush and tearing off towards the mountains as another slipped past a tree with equal fervor. They flung themselves over downed trees, trunk-like limbs tearing chunks out of the still-moist ground and dislodging partially submerged corpses as they raced towards their next battle.

In small numbers at first, but soon dozens of Soilings were speeding towards the Hypathian mountains at Blueglow's behest, their numbers fit to balloon with every local they came across.

Colonies
Carcass (Lvl 2 Capital)

Policies and Advancements
Cultivate & Spread- Any tile the Assembly leaves units on for long enough will be converted into a Growth tile, whereas successfully building colonies instantly converts them.

Units
Carcass Garrison
1 Flessi
1 Shellbound
Army 1
1 Soiling

Movement
Army 1 moves southeast 1 tile
then, Army 1 Force Moves southeast 1 tile
Actions
1. Cultivate 2x Flessi for Carcass Garrison
2. Force Move Army 1 southeast after first move
3. Army 1 begins construction of Standard Settlement on tile

Free Actions
Army 1 moves southeast 1 tile
Army 1 Begins Exploration after forced movement

Resource Transactions
Balance: 100 REC
+Income:
(Carcass: 40) +(Growth's Boon 25%) =50 REC

-Expense:
Cultivate 2 Flessi for Carcass (New Kin) 30 REC
Begin Construction- Standard Settlement 50 REC
New Balance: 70
 
Last edited:

Verus

New Member
Act II, Turn 1
img_1481-1.jpg
Carmine Brimstone, fresh headmaster of the newly found Academia Scientiarum et Magicarum, gazed out over his academy, which at that particular moment only consisted out of a small village. Everyone however came from small beginnings. Regardless he was already planning to expand significantly. Now, that he had enough student housing it was time to invest in amenities. Shops, bars, inns, pubs, taverns, bakers, artists, butchers, when he was done the Academy would be a thriving town, ready to support the school itself.

In his mind’s eye he saw the school building itself rise. Not a dumpy old castle, but a sprawling mansion with classrooms, laboratories, libraries and a giant glass house. He had a vision for the future. He streaked his bony long fingers through his silver hair. The lines in his face gave him a serious and severe look, accentuated by his preference for darker shades of clothing.

He retrieved a silver case from the pocket of his coat. Inside where five cigarettes he had rolled earlier that morning. He lit on and closed the case. As the smoke filled his lungs, he let his imagination run freely. He wanted to have the first classroom and laboratory set up within two months, so that he could move classes there. Beyond that, a proper observatory, training grounds for offensive casting, staffroom, offices, so many things. His lips curled into a smile.

He had always liked a challenge, a wonderful gift for his seventy-fifth birthday.

ɸ​

At the same time, somewhere in the village, freshly recruited novices Tom Richards, James Dunwall and Cain Vastros were getting blasted. The three of them had been helping the staff members and building crews unload the wagons when they came across a small keg of whiskey. It had not been labelled and thus the three enterprising gentlemen considered it a classic case of finders keepers.

The fact that most of the items hadn’t been labelled was not factored into the decision.

“This, this is good stuff, I could drink this every day.” Tom said, lying back on the deserted street in a daze.

“And to complete the experience, tada!” James produced three fat looking cigars.

“James old boy, I think we’re going to be great friends.” Cain said as he grabbed one of the cigars. James gave him a broad grin as he lit his cigar.

“Whiskey and cigars, what a splendid way to start the new school year.” Tom proclaimed to the cheers of his comrades. It was to be the first celebratory night of many on what later would become known as Stagger Lane, for the many students that would stagger home after wild nights with friends.

It was shaping up to be an interesting year.

Actions:

Movement:

Elite Adapt Loyd McRoy moves 1 tile NE

Free actions:

Recruit novice: Cain Vastros (See strength: Growing student body)

Elite Adapt Loyd McRoy Explorers

Paid Actions:

3/4 Upgrade capital to level 2, -60 Resources

Economic Table:

Start of Turn Income Tuition Current Expenditure Next Turn
100 +20 +25 145 -60 85
Advancement Table

Name Effect Level
(Free) Dormitories +1 Happiness 1
Student Roster:

Name Year Rank Type Location
Tom Richards 1 Novice Troop The Academy
James Dunwall 1 Novice Troop The Academy
Loyd McRoy 4 Adapt Elite The Academy
Cain Vastros 1 Novice Troop The Academy
Lana Lockhart 1 Novice Troop The Academy
 

Lazaro1505

Skeleton Boi
The Fafrium Empire:

E37F129C-A6B6-4740-9259-FD84D7D64AEC.jpeg

Journal Entry 1: A New Home

“My dearest Junia… it is I, your beloved Hanz… writing a letter to you in hopes that this would reach you soon. The journey towards the ‘new world’ is still underway, but we are nearing the very end of the travel there. I could only say, that the near endless sight of the skies around us, a sea of clouds soaring just above us, as the airship traveling above the very air itself, the sights of the blue and beautiful ocean down bellow, I can never deny the beauty of what is around me, even within my older days. Of course, there is nothing more beautiful than you my dear, but I wish you could be here with me, watching all of this with me. But it is such a shame that this is but merely going where my work goes. Prince Abel does require his head butler after all to serve him his drinks and to keep him company. You may berate me all you want, but you can’t deny how much I have gained for our family working for the royal family. Still a shame that it has been sometime since we have met, but soon enough, I’ll return home once again. I can only hope that Charles and Tristiana are faring well back home, you know how lonely it often gets when our own two kids are off and raising families of their own. Now… I must return to my duties, may I write to you soon enough”

-To: Junia Fischer
-From: Hanz Fischer


knock

knock

knock


Looking up from the piece of parchment that he was writing upon, Hanz had turned to face the very door nearby, as the man heard a muffled voice on the other side, yet, even though it may have been muffled, he could hear what was said enough. “Hanz, the Prince is in need of refreshments once more, and as always, requires you to provide his drink.” the voice finished, before a wave of quietness washed over the room once again. It wouldn’t stay that calm much longer… if Hanz were to wait a minute or two later, he’ll know that the servant on the other side would knock once more.

Taking a look around they very room he was housed within, it wasn’t the fanciest of settings, a drawer, a bed, and a desk with a chair to sit within, but it was still fine nonetheless. He’s used to having less after all. With only a sigh, the head butler could only raise from his spot within the chair, pushing in his chair before approaching the door, grabbing it’s handle and pulling it open. On the other side, a young face had met his view. Yet another butler brought along, although, they were more newer to all of this than the others. Especially so when looking at the rather small hints of nervousness of the young man’s brown eyes, as if they couldn’t hurry enough to complete their task, the Prince was bound to behead them for taking too long.

Luckily, Prince Abel was the type to enjoy waiting, especially if it meant they were to wait even an half of an hour just to receive his drink. Especially so when it’s properly prepared in the exact way he liked it. So it made sense for Hanz to be called in order to prepare such. Now, as for calming the young butler themself, well, he was bound to learn eventually to not fear such things, and Hanz often wouldn’t be the one to teach them once the time calls for it. He wasn’t a teacher… he has already long past that age already, now, he was a butler, the head butler nonetheless. And he will see it fit that the job shall be done.

DB1B498D-789A-4A2D-BF6A-41077B5F5B1C.jpeg
Moving outside of his own room, he was met with the all-familiar sight of the Royal Airship, far larger than that of the commercial ships, but smaller than that of the military grade airships. Made exactly to fit the needs of the higher social classes while also providing performance often not found in ‘cheaper’ brands. The pinnacle of technology they say, ‘nothing can get better than this’ they say… well, he’ll certainly bet that in a couple hundred years, all of this will but be obsolete in the world of tomorrow. But enough standing about, he needs to perform his duties. Even the Prince and all of his grand patience can’t be kept waiting forever.

Sometime later:

Approaching the very door that led to the Prince’s room, Hanz merely only stared at the tray that held a tea cup along with a kettle on top of it. Within the very kettle, lay the Prince’s favorite drink, a plant found only within the harsh ash filled lands of Ashveil, a dangerous volcanic region that was rich in materials and ores due to such activity advancing the rock cycle and leaving behind previous metals and stones that allows them to continue developing their own empire. The leaves of these plants, while not as rare, are often dangerous collect due to the activity of the surrounding lands, and as such, they decided to call such a drink ‘A Fool’s last taste’… oddly fitting, but the sweetness of the plant often made it far different than that of the surrounding lands it was found in.

And well, he couldn’t deny the Prince having
such a taste for this particular drink. Although, he was loyal enough to not go through with taking a sip of the very precious drink in front of him… he wasn’t stupid. Hanz merely removed one of his hands from the tray, and then went ahead to knock upon the door, waiting for an response. A few seconds later, and a raspy sounding voice said:

“Come in…”

And without much else to say, or do, in this situation, he went ahead and entered the room.

5D0119AE-79D9-4725-9A23-E3E56FDF032A.jpeg

The Prince’s room… it wasn’t as ‘expensive looking’ as one would expect that of Royalty to have, but for the brother of the king, it was enough to fit his own lifestyle. The room of course, was naturally dark some hints of sunlight peering through the blinds covering the window. However, at the very end of the room, stood a singular desk and table, one with a figure facing away from Hanz. The figure merely responded to the new presence that has entered the room, raising their head slightly from what appeared to be a rather relaxed state to that of a more formal one. A couple few seconds of silence went past… before the man facing away said.

“Hanz Fischer… I do hope that your travel towards the colony upon my airship is doing rather fine…”

Came the same raspy voice that had responded earlier. Here was the very enigma of the Royal family, brother of the King William himself, Abelgard Müller. Most others would call him an strange individual, especially with him often hiding away from others, being more introverted than even a hermit would be, along with hiding away his face and skin underneath a metal mask along with the rest of his body. And yet, they only know the surface of what was occurring with the man.

If only they knew what was truly behind the scenes here… then their perspective of him would surely change. What Hanz saw, was a damaged man, a man who went through something grand enough that caused Abel to hide away his scars from view of others, afraid of what they shall think about him. It’s why he wore the metal mask in the first place. And yet, the Prince only allowed a select few to know what truly lies underneath the surface… perhaps he was one of the few he could trust within this world. Yet, he needed to respond, as the head butler merely gave a small cough, before saying

“My travel is faring well, thank you for asking.”
As the Butler went ahead to place the tray down onto the desk that Abel was nearby. There wasn’t much upon the very table, only a couple of papers signifying a few laws as well as plans for the next steps they shall take while within the colony, one of which, signified opening a few ore mines to start collecting materials and metals from it. Always thinking one step ahead for their people… as such as the Prince’s way. But, the most intriguing thing was the very metal mask that the Prince would often wear, lying upon the desk as if it were mere decoration itself. The Prince himself could only stare at the wall nearby as his Butler poured his favored drink into its cup. As the action was finished, the man could only continue staring at the wall, before saying.

“What do you think when you think upon the new lands…” the Prince said, catching the attention of Hanz. Even before he can give a response, Abel continued with “Most people would call it a land of opportunity, a place to find new things and better ways to improving our own lands. Some pessimistic individuals would call it inviting disaster when tangling with the unknown, fearing for what may be lying ahead…” the Prince said, as he slowly gotten out of his seat, slowly beginning to walk towards the curtains, hiding the very windows and views of the new land outside.

“Some would think of this as but merely change… whether for the good or better. They see it as a chance for anything to occur, what would happen? They wouldn’t know. But one thing for sure, they know that change is bound to occur.” Abel were to stop for just a second, holding in his breath as if something was stopping him from speaking, before turning to face Hanz. To the Butler, the lack of lighting within the room could only give him the look of someone turning to face him, and yet, he couldn’t deny the sight of the piercing blue gaze of Abel’s eyes, staring down at him, as if analyzing the man for anything of notice. Abel didn’t linger for much longer, as he finished with “…and yet, when I think about this new land, I see… nothing. Yes… nothing. No grave importance, no impending doom that would be unleashed… just… nothing. I do not like dealing with only the basis of mere chance and the thought of change… I’m a practical man, I only deal with absolutes and the present, along with the near-future. For now, there is not enough evidence to decide whether or not it is truly worth the effort we shall go through in these coming years. Perhaps you’ll think otherwise, perhaps you know something I don’t… but one thing is for sure, it’s that for now, we know next to nothing about what we shall face here, only through future expeditions shall we learn of what to do next.” And with that, Abelgard had finished, moving ahead to turn his chair around, and sitting down, before grabbing the cup of poured tea in front of him, and taking a slow sip from it.

Feeling the well-prepared and sweet drinking going through his throat, the Prince put down his cup to face the Butler once again, the latter stood still, as if they were thinking. It was a philosophical question after all… the Butler could only give a nod in response, and say out loud

“I see you have been thinking much while I was away.”

And with that, the Prince can only give a small chuckle in response, as he too said in return.

“Maybe I am thinking to much, it’s tradition when you are both cursed and blessed with a mind such as mine. Nonetheless, you are fine to go now… just needed to speak with someone for a bit. After all, I revived word of the Colonel down in the new world having his forces begin patrolling the surrounding lands of the colony while also seeking to set up ore mines to begin collecting resources as to not rely upon the mainland too much for such. Now, until we meet again…”

And with that… Hanz exited the room, certainly still thinking about what to expect from the continent and ‘new world’ they will be landing on in a few days. Well, one thing is for sure… it will certainly be a experience that shall be spoken for years back home.


Settlements:
Ferro-Civiatem/Capital

Order:
1

Population:
10

Army:
-1x Military Police
-1x Scout
-2x Footsoldiers

Actions;
Free Actions:
-Army 1 explores settlement tile in a patrol.

Paid actions:
1. Hire Footsoldier
2. Hire Footsoldier
3. Lvl 1 advancement: “Ore mines”

Resource gain/Expenses:

Current Resources:
150

Resources per turn:
30 resources (added 10 from Strength)

Expenses:
2 troop type units being hired: -40
Lvl 1 Advancement: -20

Total amount left:
120 resources​
 

Dest

The Sane One


images.jpg

Sunset Mountain​




"All those in favor of Warchief Storm's proposal to explore the region around our capital? All those opposed?" Even as he looked at the votes Requan knew that the proposal would pass, every being in the room could feel the restlessness of the spirits who guarded their home. "The proposal passes, you may take the army and leave on the morn. Are there any more proposals today?"

Seeing how no one spoke up Requan let out a quiet sigh before dismissing the meeting, making a motion at Callarhan Storm to stay. As the room cleared the two warriors approached each other, clasping arms. They had fought side by side more than once and had become akin to brothers, a common occurunce among the Taur-Ahe during war times


"Be careful out there Callarhan, I have heard grave tidings from many of my contacts and fear what they say. They tell me tales of flying machines of war to the north, of great evil to the east, they speak of the possible destruction of our people, the very same disaster my father saw twenty years ago," Requan stared straight into his most trusted friends eyes as he gave his warning, knowing his brother in all but blood would need to keep his wits about him during his journey.

"You worry to much Requan! My men could defeat any foe that they face!" Callarhan left go of his arm even as he turned to leave, "I'll bring you back whatever we find out there, if anything, and prove to you that there is nothing to be worried about!"

Requan watched his friend leave with a frown before following his example, heading towards an area that most thought was nothing but a rumor, the lair of the Hidden Fox. As he approached he saw more than one Vulpine or Taur-ahe watching him out of the corner of their eyes, no doubt guards or workers of his quarry who would send word to their employer as soon as he was out of sight. Before long he stopped in front of a shop with a sign that had nothing but a fox print on it.

"The leader of the council all the way down here? That's a sight I never thought I'd see!"

Turning towards the voice, Requan saw his quarry.

"Tasuma. I believe we have some business that we need to discuss."

"Oh? And what would that business be?" even as he was speaking the Vulpine slipped past Requan into his shop.

"Your return to your tribe should we succeed in a business venture together," Requan stepped past the shocked thief, already taking a seat at a chair that sat in front of the shop's desk. "Now shall we begin?"​


Resources
Start Of TurnIncomeUsageRemaining
100206060

Settlements:
Sunset Mountain - Capital level 1

Troops:
Army of the Earth (Army 1):

2x Bulls
1x Foxes
1x Earthen Shaman

Order/Happiness
0/0

Population
10

Paid Actions

Research Advancement: Call to the Spirits

Research Advancement: Defense of the Shaman

Research Advancement: Diplomatic Council

Free Actions:


Army of the Earth: Explore capital tile.
 

Captain Hesperus

Harbinger of the End Times and Apostle of Ghan
Administrator
Supporter
Ter’nak’lan-Ka, Grand Pyramid
Sunrise

The small procession ascended the internal staircase in the honored fashion of a hundred thousand years of unbroken tradition. The sun had not yet peeked over the horizon, even at this altitude, but the eastern sky was dyed in various hues of red, orange and yellow, with purples and blues in the highest reaches of the atmosphere.
Three Tel’San priests led the way, their feather-adorned staves rising over even their bright crimson crests. Behind them, Queen Xōchiquetzal came next, her plumage rustling in the breeze that swept the pyramid’s summit, followed by another three priests of the Tel’San. With slowness required by ceremony (and also due to the coolness of the morning), the group approached the broad altar and surrounded it, the Queen standing before the ancient stone. She raised her arms and began intoning the ritual greeting to the sun, the same words that had been spoken every morning since the nation had been founded millennia in the past. The ceremony culminated as the sun broke the horizon and spread its light across the vast primal jungles surrounding the city. The priests bowed their heads before their queen’s power as their ancestors had every day the ceremony had completed, before moving to surround her once more.

“Have the astrologers completed their interpretation of last night’s stellar events?”, Xōchiquetzal spoke, her sibilant voice carrying across the summit with quietly commanding power.
“My Queen,” one of the leading priests replied formally “last night a new comet was observed. We believe it to be the Crimson Serpent, who has not been seen in six thousand cycles since the Epoch of Tribulations. We predict that it precursors the coming of great change to the continent, for good or ill we do not yet know. We must perform further readings of its declination and predicted path before we can positively determine the portents it brings.”
Xōchiquetzal nodded and turned to another priest “We must prepare for any eventuality. Send word to the Furred Ones that they must furnish us with more of their skirmishers, if their king takes exception, I shall give him audience. Muster also another cohort of Argonauts and assign them to the Pyramid of the White Tri-Horn. If there is no immediate danger to our lands and holdings, we shall disband those forces. It is better to be over-cautious than to be caught unprepared. I have spoken.”

Actions:
Muster troops: 2x Skirmishers, 1x Argonauts

Explore capital
 
Last edited:

Trektek

Happy Necromancer
Birth of Nations: Act 2: Age of Colonialism

Nidria was hovering over a nearby work station, watching all the glittering lights below as her tail moved back and forth. Each station was either keeping track of one of the burgeoning nations worthy of study, or running calculations on the major challenges that lay further up ahead and down the road.

She watched as the Mabinogi destroyed the village further to the South. “Apparently the Mabinoji strikes have already begun. Hmm. This could alter the balance of power.”

The Mabinogi were already being watched as one of the main aggressors among the “civilized” nations assembled. Plans were already in place should they become the rulers of the continent if the others are unable to stop them. She wasn’t convinced that their rule was tenable in the long term. But that wasn’t her decision to make. She had to follow orders.

Nidria reached over the technician and began typing in some keywords, much to the annoyance of the technician.

A few minutes later, she walked over to the station detailing the Ascendant, one of the other main aggressor nations, but to be honest, her favorite contender for the throne. Sure, they were brash and dangerous cultists, but they had a certain panache and style. Her colleagues disagreed. In fact, many of them were divided between various colonizers and natives.

Even though it was frowned upon, a betting pool had opened up on which nation would be most likely to fall first and she was dismayed to find that The Ascendant had been at the top of the list. But she’d show them. She’d show her colleagues that they would not be the first nation to fall, heck, they had the possibility of even conquering the continent with their insane cult.



Month 2, Turn 2, Year 1290



Penumbra

Farm Settlement (Turn 1 of 3)
Way of Light Temples Constructed in both Umbra and Barenziah

Explore North of the Capital. The settlement of Barenziah was well lived in and successful. The troops were exploring the surrounding areas and came across a large cave in the mountains nearby (Continued in Exploration Chat)

The Mabinogi

Advancements: Hud Natur- Spell list once a day on a roll of d10.
Rhoddian Nature- Gain resources each turn equal to 10x where x is the level of the capital
Rites of Ascension - Level 1 - Progress in Mabinogi society is earned through bloodshed. The stronger an individual, the greater their standing. Gain a hero on a D10 roll of 10 each turn, up to a maximum number equal to the capital's level. This limit only applies to heroes generated by this advancement.

Explore Forest: Moving through the forest, they come across a very large, very old tree. It speaks to them as a face emerges, “You have come to the Old Woods. Have you come for the trials?” (Continued in Exploration Chat)

The Ascendant


The area to the North seems to be bristling with rage. The forest and Nature seems to be calling out for death from beyond the field of vision. It is something that wishes to kill all that do not belong to nature.


Recruited Blooded

Advancement: Blood Tithe- 10% of population cap as resources each turn

Advancement: Fighting Pit- Each turn roll a dice and on a 10, gain a hero. Can only gain a number of heroes this way equal to Capital level.

Explore Northern Mountain Tile: Climbing into the mountains, an ancient fortress sits atop it. It is dark as the night sky and the air around it feels thick. The gates are shut tightly, but skittering sounds can be heard from within. (Continued in Exploration Chat)



Coghaven

Recruit 2 Clockwork soldier units

Advancement: Clockwork Fishery- Can recruit fishing vessels. Non combatant units that generate 5 resources a turn. Can be recruited two for one at the cost of an elite unit, although recruited in one turn. May only have 4x where X is capital Level.

Advancement: Walls- 0/+1 to settlement defence bonus

Exploring the Capital: A strange, partially buried structure was discovered. Doors made of thick metal prevent entry. Foliage and sand had obscured the building from the initial survey of the area. (Continued in Exploration Chat)

Straed Collective

Construct Settlement: Farming Ship, Bounty(1/3)

Research Advancement: Crystal Cannons- Settlements count as a number of units equal to their level

Research Advancement: Surveying Magical Technology- May re-roll two dice during Explorations

Explore Village: The village consists of Large, well built humans. From above, it appears to be a fishing village of some sort. Armed guards move to intercept the approaching army. A man in fine clothes walks forward. Welcome to the Guardian Coast, strange visitors from the sky.” (Continued in Exploration Chat)

Yamabuki

Advancement: Fishing Wharf- Can recruit fishing vessels. Non combatant units that generate 5 resources a turn. Can be recruited two for one at the cost of an elite unit, although recruited in one turn. May only have 4x where X is capital Level.

Advancement: Lumber Yard- -1 action to settlement construction/upgrades

Advancement: Shrine-At the start of a turn where happiness is negative, roll a d10. On a 10, it returns to 0.

Exploration Forest: A large and thick forest stands before them. As they travel into it, it seems to get thicker and harder to traverse. Eventually though, they reach a large clearing which in the middle lies a large tower. (Continued in Exploration Chat)

The Flessi Assembly

1. Cultivate 2x Flessi for Carcass Garrison
2. Force Move Army 1 southeast after first move
3. Army 1 begins construction of Standard Settlement on tile (⅓)

Exploring SE tile twice in the mountains: A large opening is blocked by an intricate Stone Door. The image on it appears to be a Dwarf with a mining pick surrounded by various colorful stones. (Continued in Exploration Chat)

The Academy

3/4 Upgrade capital to level 2

Explore: In the middle of the Lake, a large hut seems to have smoke pouring out of it. Surrounding it, smaller huts seem to exist upon closer inspection. Goblins seem to be taking care of the grounds. (Continued in Exploration Chat)

The Fafrium Empire

Hire Foot Soldierx2

Advancement: Ore Mines- Unlock non combat unit Miner. Generates 5 Resources a turn. Can be recruited two for one at the cost of an elite unit, but only takes 1 turn to recruit. May only have 4x where x is the Capital Level.

Explore Capital: While exploring around, the soldiers came across a large Statue of a human partially exposed from under the ground. In the exposed Hand, it has a blade stretched high. (Continued in Exploration Chat)

Rahzen

Advancements: Call to the Spirits- Each settlement has two garrisoned Spirit Troops with 0/0. Cannot leave settlement.
Defense of the Shaman- Friendly units have a save on a 10 while a Shaman unit is part of an army.
Diplomatic Council: Order +1

Explore Capital: They come across an old and clearly forgotten prayer station. Its table left to grow moss, with dried and dead flowers lingered from older times. (Continued in Exploration Chat)

Avvros

Train units: Skirmishersx2 and Argonaughtsx1

Explore Capital: Buried deeper in the jungles, a strange metal structure could be seen. It was obscured due to moss, ivy, and other forms of overgrowth. But a door existed, which must lead inside. (Continued in Exploration)

Mercenary Hut

Name Description # Available Cost Upkeep
Goblin Wolf Riders HP 1 Movement 2 Attack 1 Offense 0(1) Defense 0 Charge- Gives +1 Movement and during the first round of combat a +1/0 Goblin troopers in light armor that ride powerful wolves into battle. Counts as Troop type unit. 2 30 Resources 10 Resources
The Iron Axe HP 1 Movement 1 Attack 1 (2) Offense 1(2) Defense 1 (None) Iron Rage- During Battle, can rage for an extra +1 Attack and Offense for a guaranteed hit by the enemy on this unit. Burly Human Barbarians wielding large and heavy axes. A seething rage seems to lurk just beneath the surface, just waiting to be released. Counts as an Elite type unit 2 40 Resources 20 Resources
Ga’Lade’s Brigade HP 2 Movement 1 Attack 2 Offense 2 Defense 2 Honor in Combat- Can declare a duel and fight 1 unit vs 1 unit without any interference from any other unit. If a unit is defeated in this manner, they can be captured instead of killed. Soldiers wielding firearms and blades but wearing lightweight armor similar to that of a knight. They are trained from the order of knights that worked their way back to serving under the legendary Lord Ga’Lade, a hero from the Time of Chaos. Counts as a legendary Type unit 1 60 Resources 30 Resources
Rin’ Gin HP 3 Movement 1 Attack 3 Offense 4 Defense 2 Earth Magic- During Battle can use one of these spells: Earth Crush- on a 8+ trap 1 enemy unit, no matter power or abilities. Earthquake- Roll a d10 for each enemy unit on the field. On a 8+ deal 1 damage. If every enemy unit is hit in this manner, alter the damage to 2. However if no enemies are hit, the Hero takes 1 Damage instead A powerful Ogre that wields the lost magic of the Earth. Using powerful Gastric magic, he casts after he eats and as such, maintains a large appetite. Counts as a Hero Unit 1 80 Resources 40 Resources
 

CaptainSully

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Two Beasts Awaken
The Blood Moon Approaches...


  • A long, almost reptile-like tongue licked at the taut lips pulled back over the rows of sharp teeth that filled Cigfa’s mouth. She sank her teeth deep into the flesh of the deer that had given it’s life to provide her sustenance. Her followers watched her tear through the carcass like a rabid beast, a constant reminder of just how dangerous the Derwydd were.

    Midway through her feeding a man rushed through the onlookers before taking a knee before the tribes leader.

    “Mae’n ddrwg gen i darfu ar eich gwledd, ond mae pobl yn agosáu o’r de,” the scout said.

    Cigfa didn’t break stride eating, not even looking at the man before her. She continued to slurp to the blood and chew the flesh of her dinner.

    “A glywsoch chi…” the man began to question. Unfortunately for him he found himself on the receiving end of a razored talon to the throat. Blood gushed forth from between his fingers as he attempted to stem the flow but the damage was too severe. With a single swipe of a finger Cigfa had cut through to the bone of the man’s spine.

    He dropped to the floor lifeless moments later before the tribe leader gestured with her hand. From the darkness emerged a group of Derwydd who set upon the corpse, making sure to avoid it going to waste.

    Cigfa soon rose from her meal, bloodsoaked from head to toe. She let out a deep sigh, her ethereal voice twisting in the ears of those who listened.

    “Mae'r lleuad gwaed yn agosáu, felly mae'n bryd i'r byd ddysgu unwaith eto am ein bodolaeth ... gadewch inni ddechrau trwy gyflwyno ein hunain i'r ffyliaid hyn. Dewch o hyd i ble maen nhw wedi dod a byddwn ni'n dechrau ein teyrnasiad o derfysgaeth.”

    The horde before her began to beat their chests and bellow in support of their chief, her guidance something that most had longed for. It was almost time for the world to learn who Cigfa and her people were.


 
Last edited:

Cosmo

Does Not Know Kung-fu

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

'Our journey north brought us into the icy lands beyond where we discovered a series of mountains, upon which we found an ancient fortress. I am calling it 'Arachno Peak' for lack of a better term to apply at this time, I am sure it will soon be renamed to something more suiting or perhaps its denizens have a more apt name. Inside the fortress we discovered the skeletal remains of the prior residents, although I am unsure if they built it or merely moved in as we did. Within the fortress, and the tunnels within, we found a race known as 'Driders'. Creatures with the upper body of elves with a darker complexion, sometimes bordering on hues of blues and purples, with the lower bodies of great arachnids. I confess to finding them all extremely unbecoming and terrifying to gaze upon. Their leader was convinced to join our... organization and are now ready and eager allies although I'd much prefer if they were allies that remained out of line of sight. From the little I've gathered afterwards, their leader is called 'Nyzix'. A rather cumbersome word, I believe the 'correct' pronunciation requires the sharp clatter of two chitinous legs to be flicked together. They seem like fierce warriors even if their previous living standards leaves much to be desired.

I am most astounded by the fact we spoke the same language. Didn't even seem to be a change of dialects. It reminds me of the theories that I used to read in university, of how so many share the same language which pointed to us being created by some sort of 'creator', or at least, being pruned and groomed like a plant under the watchful gaze of someone above us. I used to dismiss this as nothing but nonsense, but these creatures are from a continent we have never been to, yet... we can converse as if I just bumped into someone on the way down the street.

It is most peculiar.'

- My Travels Through a New World, Chronicler Paul Withers, circa 1300

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Wither's stood on the wall next to Astra and Nyzix who were discussing... something. At first it had been bickering, a back and forth that Wither had been sure would erupt into a fight, but it seemed to have settled down. Perhaps they had found a common ground as warriors. Or perhaps it was the land close by. The land that sent shivers down his spine whenever he looked at it. It was as if the trees were telling them something, warning them away from what was within. He wasn't sure how much experience the Driders had with the area, but he doubted it was much. They didn't seem to be the type to go out much.

"Get ya spider's together," Astra said, her voice snapped Wither out of his haze as he looked between the two leaders, Nyzix had a large smile on his face that could be considered handsome, if it didn't also have a predatory edge to it and perhaps that is what made them get along. Nyzix did not move past him down the stairs, instead he climbed down the side of the wall as if it was no more trouble then an open plain. Wither resisted the urge to shiver at the sight of the long, black chitinous legs moving with mechanical precision as he edged closer to Astra, still a bit nervous of what she'd do to him for interfering in her desire for combat earlier.

"We're going out there," Astra said, her eyes gazing at the forest without looking back at him.

"Why? Shouldn't we go back and get orders?" Withers said as his panicked mind jumped to find an excuse, a reason that made sense for them to pull back. That place felt wrong and this place already had monster spider people, he didn't want to imagine what else could be out there in this terrible, new world.

"The Rib Breaker can bring back news," Astra said, her eyes never leaving the forest, "We are to explore, aren't we? Well, I want to explore the forest. There is something in there calling to me. Something that needs killing," She said, her voice was the same as ever, but there was something more to it, a hint of hope. She sounded almost forlorn.

"And if we die? If whatever is there kills us? What if it is some unspeakable horror the likes of which the world has never seen?" Wither's said, unable to keep his voice from the slight quiver.

Astra turned to look at him, the primal fire that burned in her eyes was especially bright as a large smile broke across her face, the first time Wither had ever seen the orc truly smile and it was as captivating as it was terrifying, "Can you imagine?" the rough note to her voice replaced by an almost uncharacteristic excitement.

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Settlements
Red Dawn - Capital [Lv. 1]
Arachno Peak - Military Settlement [Lv. 1]

Total Troops
3 Blooded
2 Basic Boats
1 Blood Slaves
1 Drider Warrior
1 Drider Charger
1 Reavers

Deployment
Army 1
2 Blooded
1 Drider Warrior
1 Drider Charger
1 Blood Slaves
1 Reaver

Army 2
1 Blooded

Navy 1
2 Basic Boats

Order/Happiness
0/0

Population
9/
25

Sacrifice Tokens
0

Armory
Two Hero Artifacts

Advancements
Blood Tithe [Lv.1]: Gain 10% of population cap as resources a turn
Arena [Lv.1]: Gain a Hero on roll of a 10. Can only have as many heroes created in this fashion as have capital levels

Resources
Start of TurnIncomeExpenditureRemaining
50223042



≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Actions
Recruit Blooded [Red Dawn]
Recruit Blooded [Red Dawn]
Recruit Blooded [Red Dawn]

Free Actions
Navy 1, the two basic boats, will return to Red Dawn
Army 1 will sacrifice Blood Slaves to give Reavers +1/+1
Army 1 will move to attack Mabinogi village [Raze]
Army 1 will explore tile
 
Last edited:

GrieveWriter

U-Incorporated 2nd Class Type Unit
Swishing.... Chopping... Dragging, Repeat
The systematic act of furthering cultivation was nothing less than a dreadful oddity to most outside the Assembly's familial ties, but the Corpsemakers knew it differently. To a Corpsemaker, what may initially seem like brutalist desecration of the dead was a system of empowerment that rang in melodious harmony with every pulse of the Growth beneath their feet. They moved with said pulses in order to make fertilization and spreading of the growth as seamless as possible, in some cases quite literally travelling along paths where the Growth ended, only to fuel it with carefully tended remains.

But one could not simply spill the entrails of a slain foe upon the growth and hope for the best, a concept even Soilings were capable of grasping with regularity. No, the body had to be dismantled properly, broken down through cattle and reformed into the purest nourishment that the Growth could ask for.

The bodies of the Hypathians sent back by the Conquerors in the Hypathian mountains for instance, had been carefully preserved using herbs which flourished in the Growth. These corpses were then transferred to the completely infested lands of Carcass via Gloom Cattle, four-legged beasts too dumb to be used for war, but just hefty enough to be entrusted with haulage. As the Gloom Cattle were diverted to locations most in need of cultivation, the Corpsemakers would arrive on their own.

27631d004316b2bc5f6d5336bf08f4e7.jpgSuch was with Irecap, who could practically feel the pulsing need of the Growth drawing him to the southern lands of Carcass. There, he took apart numerous Hypathians before the Flockmasters had even arrived. The Flockmasters raised Zepul herds, a more knowledgeable creature than Gloom Cattle, yet rich in nutrients and fungal flesh. Zepul produced near unrivaled fertilizer if fed the corpses of the fallen, and such became the Purifiers in the standard Cycle of Cultivation that the Assembly employed. Unbothered with the flesh of their kin, the fattest of Zepul would eventually be slaughtered and fed to the herd as well.

Irecap could see one of said Zepul herds right now, feasting upon finely assembled meals of churned remains. Not a bone to be found in the purplish slop, all squeezed dry of marrow and repurposed. He supposed the Zepul could be considered 'cute' in a rather repugnant manner, their importance overshadowed their foul visages, and their lackadaisical lifestyles of casual gluttony made them perfect for the role they found themselves in. Not many of their fungal brethren would prove so accommodating.

Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, Irecap reached down, grabbing firmly on the handle before rearing up.

Bringing his greatsword down upon the corpse of yet another Hypathian, Irecap refused to let his mind wander again. The Soilings sent to the east had done their job, clearing out Hypathians by the scores and acquiring massive amounts of fuel for cultivation. He was certain that Whitebranch was probably writhing in ecstasy over the damage they managed to inflict over there. But Irecap's focus on the Soiling offensive halted one he'd heard of the lack of challenge the Hypathians put up.

Even the Nayzikki had not been so dependent on their environment, at least they'd put up a fight. From how the report of Gloom Cattle rearers had been, the happenings up there could scarcely be considered a fight.

Irecap's blade came down, cleaving the head from the body and sending it rolling forward off the fungus coated rock he stood upon. It landed in the same pile as the rest of the body's limbs, only to be joined by the torso afterwards. Irecap grasped his blade and held it aloft before him as he waited, senses now free to travel to the side as the sound of chopping continued.

To his right, he could see a line of similar Corpsemakers engaging in a similar practice, the one next to him beginning on a new body dragged from the far behind as a Zepul herder finished loading a wheel-barrel with limbs before moving over to Irecap's pile. Soon they were to be Churned for the Zepul flock ahead, eventually.

Irecap watched as the herder made it to his own pile of Hypathian pieces and began loading up, but the sound of approaching footsteps broke through the din of systematic mass dismemberment the Corpsemakers were currently engaged in.

He didn't need to turn around as those footsteps approached, the hefty pattern of thuds they emanated were all but memorized at that point.

8cc2981e63aad398a0c2235377ca7298.jpg"I take it the front lacks need of your supervision?" he questioned as Blueglow halted in his approach.

"One could scarcely label that massacre a front." Blueglow stated in his own chorus, raising an arm to point to Irecap "You requested a Leauge of newly cultivated Flessi march on the south, why?"

"The New Kin were grown in case the Hypathians proved more resilient than anticipated."
Irecap looked back to Blueglow before gesturing with the handle of his blade towards the Zepul Herder wheeling off his load of limbs "Its plain to see that concern is unnecessary, and so the Kin have been moved."

"But why the south?"
Blueglow asked before gesturing in the direction of the mountains "The Soilings are nearing completion of their colony up there, additional security would go a long way in-"

"Security for Soilings?"
Irecap interrupted, "You know as well as I do that they'd slaughter enemies with their own building materials if they were attacked. Besides, with the rate they're going I'm certain the Hypathian Mountains will be flourishing with new Kin before-"

"The Spine."


Irecap paused before looking to Blueglow, "Excuse me?"

"Whitebranch and her ilk have decreed the Hypathian name be stricken from known memory."
Blueglow folded his arms "Seems they were insulted by the lack of challenge. The mountain ranges east of here shall be known as The Spine before long."

"Humorous creatures, the Soilings are."
Irecap looked away as a Flessi dragged a new corpse towards him, his chorus of voices lower than before.

"You still haven't explained yourself." Blueglow's chorus rose as he let his arms drop

"I told you before the Soiling army was raised, Cultivation must be expanded to match the needs of the Growth." Irecap raised his blade the moment that he new body was in place.

Blueglow gestured towards the mountains again, "Was the slaughtering of the tribals not the focus of those words?"

"No,"
Irecap stated as he brought his greatsword down "their punishment was far in the making, and far from the sole purpose of our new kin. The Lands south of Carcass will be prepared to fuel our new endeavors, once our new brothers and sisters have cleared it of transgressors."

Blueglow turned away and looked upon the pulsating fungus that covered the vegetation and mired the air, "Such speed only dreamed by our forebears." he mused before looking to Irecap "What say you, Corpsemaker? Will it happen in our time?"

Irecap didn't respond, merely raising his blade before bringing it down once again.
Colonies
Carcass (Lvl 2 Capital)

Policies and Advancements
Cultivate & Spread- Any tile the Assembly leaves units on for long enough will be converted into a Growth tile, whereas successfully building colonies instantly converts them.

Units
Carcass Garrison
3 Flessi
1 Shellbound
Army 1
1 Soiling

Movement
1 Flessi splits from the Carcass Garrison and travels South 1 tile
Actions
1+2. Army 1 Completes construction of Standard Settlement on tile
3. Cultivate 2 Flessi for The Spine Garrison

Free Actions
New Standard Settlement labeled as The Spine
Army 1 becomes The Spine Garrison



Resource Transactions
Balance: 70 REC
+Income:
(Carcass: 40) +(Growth's Boon 25%) =50 REC

-Expense:
Cultivate 2 Flessi for The Spine Garrison (New Kin) 30 REC

New Balance: 90
 

LadyOfStars

Tu'er Shen the Rabbit God
Penumbra
STATS
001 Cities:
Umbra (Capital)
Wat of Light Temple
Barenziah (Farming Settlement)
Way of Light Temple
002 Faith:
Cities 2 (+2 Per Turn)
Temples: 2 (+4 Per Turn)
Statues: 0
003 Military:
Army 1:
2x DawnGuard (Greatswords)
1x Aurum Wyverns
1x Soleil Canon
Army 2:
2x DawnGuard (Greatswords)
1x Aurum Wyverns
1x Soleil Canon
004 Advancements:
Protection from the Song- Gives a 0/+1 and a 9+ save against the song.


Way of Light
STORY

From the outside, the mountains of Penumbra seemed cold and absent of life, but native of the nation and perhaps even of the continent could tell you that was anything but true. Drawing closer one would hear a persistent humming resonating from within the mountains. Caves fashioned by the goddess house the nation’s nocturnal, insectoid, and other various residents. Chief among these cave dwellers are the mothfolk people who make their homes along the ceiling of the vast cave system. Entering the caves is often compared to entering another world, one where the sky is a constant shade of black and the stars are replaced by glowing crystals that fill the interior with an ethereal warmth.

Deep within the caves just over the capital, a swarm of mothfolk gathered around an upside down statue of Arlethane that hung from the ceiling. As the sun started to set the swarm started to speak in unison a prayer of the Way of Light.

“The Dawn will come.” With a heavy sigh, Mothieri rose to his feet and cleared his throat. From a small ledge near the ground of the cave, he looked up at the swarm worshipping and praying around the statue of their goddess. He shook his head disappointedly and turned away from the gathering and started down a dimly lit tunnel. Exiting the tunnel to the ground level he had to jump back out of traffic as a team of young rat kids raced by with the speed of chariots. Mothieri couldn’t help but to laugh at the sight. It was such a wholesome scene that reminded him of the general vibe of the cave city. As he continued to walk, wings folded close to his body, he watched as groups of mixed species passed him by. This was the Lady of Light’s hard work, the fruit of her labors. Her words created this place of peace and joy for them all.

After some time he arrived at the large entrance to the cave city. The fresh night air whirled into the mountain. Mothieri let the brisk air fill his lungs and he smirked. Just then his wings unfurled, stretching out and catching the wind. He took off in an instant, soaring high into the dark night sky. High above the mountain peaks where the air was coldest, Mothieri watched the capital down below. “Huh?” The sight of over a dozen torchlights caught his attention as they headed out of the capital towards the nearby forests. “Soldiers.” He said with excitement and a growing smile that echoed his tone. “They must be going out to smite the Lady’s enemies.” Without hesitation he raced forward to follow the cluster of torches into the darkness, but stopped suddenly. “I would only get in their way.” Despair and disappointment weighed down his words as he turned his attention up towards the moon.

Mothfolk were rare in the armies of Penumbra due to their fragility, but Mothieri didn’t care about something as silly as his own weaknesses. He wanted to be one of the chosen who carried out the Lady’s will in locations near and far. Slowly the young moth’s eyes traveled upward to the celestial body that hovered just over them all. His insectoid eyes were fixed upon the moon as it glittered in the darkness. “My Lady, I promise to you that I will do any and every thing that you ask of me once I am accepted into the Penumbra military. I will work hard to earn my place and your love.” Mothieri raised his hand, reaching up to offer it to the moon as if Arlethane was looking down upon him from the distant rock.

--THE FALL--

“Several weeks have passed since Aldur, Valar, and Melkor committed to their war in the west against the unknown enemy. News from the west continues to baffle and worry me, so in the interest of protecting the eastern realms, I have forbid travel in and out of my territories. It is my sincerest hope that th-.” Her dictation paused as the doors to her throne room were pushed open. Then entered Barenziah, Goddess of Hearth and Family.

“This better be good Barenziah.” Arlethane said in a threatening tone as she dismissively waved her hand at the scribe who had been jotting down her thoughts.

The younger Goddess paused momentarily and looked on in confusion for the briefest of seconds. “I think the time for inaction has passed.” She said calmly, resuming her approach to Arlethane’s throne. The declaration earned an eye roll from the pink-haired immortal and she leaned back lazily in her seat of power.

“The destruction on the frontlines is...unlike anything the mortal world has ever seen. Mountains have become canyons and forests have been turned into deserts!” Barenziah spoke with an undeniable passion as her heart beat quickly behind her chest, but her concern fell on deaf ears. Arlethane was unmoved and uninterested.

“What do you expect to occur when three warriors go to fight an enemy that toppled their senior? Destruction was bound to reach unimaginable heights.” It was becoming clear to Barenziah that her fellow goddess had turned a blind eye to what was happening in the rest of their empire.

“Aldur, Melkor, and Valar have been reported waging war on one another! Their armies decimated and the enemy still unidentified. Messages speak of abominations, monstrosities wandering the lost territories and now our kin war amongst themselves?!” There was no explaining the bizarre tales that were coming from the west, especially in regards to the divine fighting the divine. “Refugees say that a so-.”

While it was troubling to hear that those three who so adamantly supported the idea of fighting together were now fighting each other, what truly shocked Arlethane was hearing that Barenziah had been permitting refugees into her territories. “You’re allowing refugees in?” Suddenly the room began to darken as all sources of light seemed to be snuffed out. “During an invasion by an unknown enemy whose presence has spread chaos and...madness across our realms?” Arlethane’s eyes started to glow a brilliant golden hue as an equally bright light started to glow behind her. Now backlit by the aurum luminance she rose from her throne and cast a venomous glare at Barenziah. “Did you fall down and bump your little head?! What if the enemy is among those would-be-refugees?! You will have granted them access to the interior of the empire, limitless pathways to the territories of our pantheon!”

Through squinted eyes barenziah watched Arlethane’s anger and frustration manifest and she felt her own courage start to wither. Standing now in a room so dark she could not see her own hands, Barenziah stumbled backwards towards the door, eyes fixed still upon the older Goddess. “They need our help Arlethane! They are our people!”

“Get out you fool!” The rising of her aggression enlarged the pool of light behind Arlethane and in a fit of frustration she conjured her sword. “Otherwise I will strike you down where you stand!”

Without a second thought barenziah rushed out the door, panicked and afraid of what might occur had she stayed any longer. Inhaling a deep and calming breath, Arlethane began to return to her normal state. Natural light returned to the throne room and the shadows reverted to their original forms.

“First Sol cuts ties with the pantheon, then our scouts send reports that make no sense, and now we are fighting amongst ourselves. Madness truly has descended upon us.” Like a ragdoll she threw herself back down onto her throne and sighed heavily, releasing all her stress. “It is every deity for themselves now.”

ACTS

Cost Actions:
  1. Army 1 Construct Teera (Farm Settlement) (2/3)
  2. Army 1 Construct Teera (Farm Settlement) (3/3)
  3. Advancement: Controlled Light - Grants access to Solar Sailor units
Free Actions:
  • Army 2 Moves S to Umbra and Explores Tile

© pasta


Divine Power Progression

This Turn Income Expenses Next turn
Faith 12 6 0 18
Resources 110 60 20 150
 

Twist

Of Fate
Yamabuki

Settlements
Huang He (Capital Level 1)

Advancements
Fishing Wharf: Can recruit fishing vessels. Non combatant units that generate 5 resources a turn. Can be recruited two for one at the cost of an elite unit, although recruited in one turn. May only have 4x where X is capital Level.

Lumber Yard: 1 action to settlement construction/upgrades
Longmen Journey Shrine: At the start of a turn where happiness is negative, roll a d10. On a 10, it returns to 0.


Total Troops
3 Samurai Troop
3 Monk Troop
3 Wyrms Elite
2 Boats
Dragons Gate Non-Combatant


Order/Happiness
0/0

Population
10

Orders
Paid Actions:
Build Settlement Standard (50 resources) with Army
-
Recruit Non-Combatant Unit with Fishing Wharf Fishing Boat x2 (30 resources)



Free Actions:
Recruit Dragonic Unit with the Dragon Gate Wyrm (Free)
Movement (Army One) 1 Tile West

Army One
2 Samurai
2 Wyrm


Movement (Army Two) 1 Tile South
Exploration (Army One/Two) 1 Tile South


Army Two
2 Monk
1 Boat


Resources

Start: 140
Income: 30
Expenditure: 80
End: 90




The Prince of Most Brilliant Blue stared out to sea from his boat, one of the two his father had sequestered to him for their trip to the new world. Out there lay the other, harboring it's precious cargo of some of Huang He's most dedicated denizens, as they sought new, more fitting lands. Full of fine warriors, his boat was manned by a mere skeleton crew, but Gaozu had no worries of his safety as within the waves lay their most precious protectors, the sleek bodies of the Wyrms cutting through the water with powerful ease.

He would have liked to go out farther, skirt by the western coast for a glimpse of his loyal army, to watch them at work and to see them safe. But he was their Prince, their ruler, and such things were not for him to do, the needless endangering of his own life would just be a unnecessary obstacle to their brave duty.

Gaozu looked back at the Capital, a magnificent metropolis and capacious city but it was only Huang He in name, not spirit. The true capital would be forged in fire and adversity, with only the mightiest masonry, intrepid infrastructure and most preeminent people making the settlement the rightful Huang He.

But this would take time, determination and the greatest of patience. For now Gaozu was content in the knowledge, that they had taken the first few steps on this long journey.

The soft clang of a bell pulled the marine robed monarch from his thoughts as a small fishing boat came alongside his vast vessel, it's crew a rough rag tag band of stocky and wizened men. Their hard expressions melted, their frowns becoming smiles as they noticed the Prince of Most Brilliant Blue, who replied in pleasant kind, warmly waving at the crew of the boat. The Wyrms sniffed around the fishing boat like dogs for the dinner, the crew letting out a laugh at their antics, as they continued on their way.

The sapphire sovereign watched in quiet appreciation as they travelled towards the horizon and the setting sun, becoming minuscule dots as they set about their work.


[/font]
 
Last edited:

Crocodile

Mister Zero
Great Cog.gif

Coghaven

Theme Music

Runicble regarded his mechanical left hand thoughtfully as he flexes its digits to the sound of clockwork. He stood before the window of his office, looking over the developing city that was to be the foundation of a new land built on ideals he'd found himself driven towards. He could still feel the pain from time to time of the incident that had almost killed him. He now dreamt and could hear it, the movement of a vast machine. The sound was oddly soothing and spared him the most violent of his dreams. He wondered at times if he was insane or if the Great Cog actually was reaching out to him, sustaining him long enough for its priests to repair him with these divinely inspired pieces of clockwork. He could even see out of his left eye despite its mechanical nature.

Then again that eye had been the beginning of understanding for how clockwork servants could see and interpret the world as well. It was how they first developed that command rotors that functioned as the minds of the clockwork and allowed them to carry out decisions. Nothing overly complicated but there were enough instructions on those devices to ensure the machines could function smoothly under supervision or for a short time without it.

"And your sure this intelligence can be trusted?" Runcible finally said, turning to face the strongly built elf in military attire.

"She or it doesn't seem to be hostile. The initial knowledge provided is already amazing. Minster Ziro has already tested its application and is already installing it into our current Clockwork Soldiers. Hopefully it will spare us more losses, but that weapon and the machine we faced... I have told Ziro about it and he seems eager to get the State Labs working on them," Otherion said as he looks on at the partially mechanical Overseer.

"And this tale of Demons, do you think its true?" Runcible asked with a concerned frown.

"The entity seemed worried when it thought they had returned. My people have spoken of old tales of Demons. The Empress' government never spoke of it, but several of our academics notably were dismissed from their offices when they started poking into tales of past cataclysms, sir. Minister Rustan has the entire Academic Ministry pouring over anything we managed to take with us from Greater Titania before the Empress exiled us. I suspect new arrivals from future exile transports may bring snippets but its all muddled. I think its a real threat. Our new ally reacted sufficiently concerned. And the machines, the Demon Destroyers, were clearly named that for a reason. This science they have... its so beyond us but Ziro and Rustan both agree it is science and not magic as I first thought. It is hard to tell when the Elf Holds could achieve some of what I saw with spellcraft," Otherion noted with a rather bitter tone of resentment towards his own people and their anti-technological stances. The old order liked magic, clung to it almost in desperation when technology could make any being empowered.

"I've decided on our next course of action, Otherion. I want you to take the Legion westward. We need to see who our neighbors are if those structures we've seen are occupied or still used. I've commanded Fizzo to commence a full scale expansion of the settlement. Our need for resources is paramount. The loss of that unit of Soldiers just freshly off the line was expensive. I don't blame you for it, that thing by your accounts was terrifying. A masterpice of mechanical work. I hope to have something similar for us once Forgeheart's facilities are stronger," Runicble mused as he looks back out at their growing city.

"Of course, Overseer, I'll see it done. You can count on me," Otherion said with a bow of his head.

"I know I can. For a better tomorrow," Runicle said as he dismissed the Warmaster.

"For a better tomorrow," Otherion intoned with a firm nod and determined look as he departed for the War Ministry. It was time to mobilize the First Clockwork Legion to see what lay beyond the new walls of Forgeheart and expand the reach of Coghaven.



Advancements
Basic Robotics (Lvl 1): Clockwork Soldiers gain a 9+ save

Items of Interest
Omega Research Post (Inside Forgeheart borders)
Demon Destroy Cannon (Research Material)
Demon Destroyer Chassis (Research Material)

Allies
CORA (Cognitive Operation Records Assistant) - Controller of Omega Research Outpost

Questlines
CORA Questline

Settlements
Forgeheart - Capital Level 1
Clockwork Fishery (Lvl1) - Can recruit fishing vessels. Non combatant units that generate 5 resources a turn.
Can be recruited two for one at the cost of an elite unit, although recruited in one turn.
May only have 4x where X is capital Level.
Modular Walls (Lvl 1) - 0/+1 to settlement defense bonus


Total Troops
3 Clockwork Soldiers
1 Clockwork Reavers
1 Cog Guard
2 Ships

Deployment
First Clockwork Legion
3 Clockwork Soldiers
1 Clockwork Reavers
1 Cog Guard

Order/Happiness
0/0

Population
7/10

Resources
Start of TurnIncomeCurrentExpenditureRemaining
7020906030




Actions
Upgrade Forgeheart to Level 2 (3/4 Actions) (60 Resources)

Free Action
First Clockwork Legion will advance South West.
First Clockwork Legion will explore the South West Tile.​
 
Last edited:

Dest

The Sane One
download.jpg


The Fox's Den, Sunset Mountain
Tasuma No-Name, "Soon to be Claw once more," he thought with an internal grin, looked around at his band of thieves and spies. He had summoned them so that he could achieve what his council asked of him to do in return of his name.

"Alright you lads, I summoned ya all here cause we have a new job to do. The council has contacted me and we are going to be employed by them to sweep out and start acting as spies and possible diplomats to any other nations we find out there. This will be dangerous and you are likely to lose your life if you aren't careful, but if you return? You'll have the fortune of a lifetime waiting for ya!"

Even as he finished his men erupted into roars of approval and began to beat on tables and the floor, many of them already banding together to figure out where each would go. Tasuma just let a grin come over his face, knowing next to none of them would be coming back anytime soon, and by that time he planned to be long gone from where they could find him.

"There was a forgotten altar this close to us? This is not good, who knows how many more spirits that have been forgotten nearby, we must begin to search for more," Requan waved the runner away and sighed. This wasn't good, if a single spirit had been forgotten then there could be hundreds or even thousands more out there in the world who they would need to discover and begin to bring into worship. Doing so would stretch his already limited shamans even thinner though, and he couldn't afford to lose any of them to anything yet, not until he could convince the council to take a little more time to build a second settlement. With a huff he shook his head and began the short trek to the council chambers for the day's meeting, dreading the fallout of this news already.

Resources
Start Of Turn Income UsageRemaining
6025 (Extra 25% due to order)7015
Settlements
Sunset Mountain (Level 1 Capital)

Advancements
Call to the Spirits- Each settlement has two garrisoned Spirit Troops with 0/0. Cannot leave settlement.
Defense of the Shaman- Friendly units have a save on a 10 while a Shaman unit is part of an army.
Diplomatic Council: Order +1

Troops
Army of the Earth (Army 1):

2x Bulls
1x Fox
1x Earth Shaman
Tal 'Ki (Hero)

Order/Happiness
1/0

Population
10

Paid Actions
Advancement: Ears of the Fox
Construct Farming Settlement 1 Tile north named: Storm's Rest (2/3)

Free Action

March Army of the earth to North
Army of the Earth explore tile to North
 

Verus

New Member
Act II, Turn 2

“Good morning and settle down.” Carmine said in a tone that left little room for disagreement. “Open your journals and write down what I say. Magic and science are not separate, they are in fact one and the same.” The three students that had assembled in the temporary classroom scrambled to get their notes.

“Classes have started late due to the delays. Those are over now. The three of you haven chosen to dip into a deep pool. One so deep that it will require your utmost attention to navigate. I advise against a continuation of your recent frivolities. The course material is all here and soon the first parts of my library will arrive. I will expect you to completely devote yourselves to your studies or none of you will pass the adept examinations.”

The three boys looked suitably chastised and Carmine nodded firmly. “Now that we put that past us, let us continue. Magic is scientific for it is empirical and therefore capable of being researched under controlled circumstances. Which does not mean it is an easy thing to do. Observe.”

Carmine retrieved a small wooden sphere inscribed with lines and numbers. “This is a focus item, all of you are going to need them. It is the most important tool in a magister’s arsenal. And yes, do note magister, not mage or wizard, or any of that nonsense. A magister is a scientist specialized in arcane workings; we are trying to rise above old stereotypes.”

His lips were pursed disapprovingly. “Regardless, the essence of magic is the usurpation of the natural laws of creation. If we have the talent, intelligence and focus we can succeed in this usurpation, observe.”

The sphere started to float and emit a blue light. It pulsed and a beam of blue light shot towards a chair, which changed into a log. “Focus and intent are essential. There are but a handful of magisters alive who can cast while doing a second activity. To complete the process of usurpation a magister must know what to replace it with. Focus items are most suited for this purpose. Beyond that there are of course semantic and vocal components that can assist a magister in casting. Later this year we will be in the position to provide you with your own focus items. For now, we will focus on the theory.”

The lesson went smoothly, affirming Carmine’s belief that he was on the right path. Away from nosy education inspectors and tax officials, utopia indeed.



Actions:

Movement:

Elite Adapt Loyd McRoy moves 1 tile south

Free actions:

Recruit novice: Arya Freemason (See strength: Growing student body)

Elite Adapt Loyd McRoy Explorers

Paid Actions:

4/4 Upgrade capital to level 2, resources paid

1/1 Advancement: Small lecture hall, -20 resources, theoretical lessons can be taught here to a maximum of 20 students, upgrades to medium lecture hall. Students following this track produce magical research, in game terms paper tokens. Every 5 paper tokens can be exchanged for a free advancement (specifically about magic). A student can only gain 1 paper token every turn. Once a student graduates it no longer produces paper tokens. *

1/1 Advancement: Small practice grounds, -20 resources, practical lessons can be taught here to a maximum of 20 students, upgrades to medium practice grounds. Students following this track can be taught combat spells, which increase their stats and abilities.

*Basically, the theoretical track becomes useless once a student graduates. This is to keep the master units balanced and encourage a diverse education.

Economic Table:

Start of Turn Income Tuition Current Expenditure Next Turn
85 +20 +30
Paper tokens table

Start of turn Income Expenditure Next turns
0 0 0 0

Advancement Table

Name Effect Level
(Free) Dormitories +1 Happiness 1
Student Roster:

Name Turn Rank Type Location
Tom Richards 2 Novice Troop The Academy
James Dunwall 2 Novice Troop The Academy
Loyd McRoy 4 Adapt Elite The Academy
Cain Vastros 2 Novice Troop The Academy
Lana Lockhart 1 Novice Troop The Academy
Arya Freemason 1 Novice Troop The Academy
 

Lazaro1505

Skeleton Boi
The Fafrium Empire
9340C56B-F71B-4E91-AD61-F56FBD65D246.jpeg

Journal Entry 2: Arrival

“My dearest Junia, I do hope that these letters are reaching you, I know how much you often worry about your husband, especially when he is overseas for more than a month. But things are faring well over here, it’s been a few weeks ever since the Prince’s airship has reached the colony. This land reminds me of home… the plants, while foreign and different than those of home that lie outside of the grand mechanical cities of the Fafrium empire, beautiful in its own way. Although, nothing is as beautiful as you are my dear. As for what had happened so far, nothing much of note… other than some reports from the military’s scouts, but you know how little I pay attention to that kind of stuff. The Prince has been enjoying his stay so far, still the questioning individual he is. I believe that is all that I have it share now… may I write to you again, my dearest Junia.”
-To: Junia
-From: Hanz


Military Camp:

FEC6ACD2-53E8-4FD4-9E4D-F6AA52A04C32.jpeg
It has been a month and a couple of weeks ever since he has been based here, sent here with the first of the expedition ships as to secure an suitable area for them to build their colony and protect it from anything seeking to harm such. Yet, it was… disappointing that nothing arrived to challenge their right in claiming this very land for the King and Queen, he could have very well guessed that this land would have been filled with nothing but plants and beasts. Even then, great beasts would have given them a challenge and come around, seeing the ruckus being caused by the construction crews and mechanical creations.

The Colonel could only give out a small puff of smoke from his mouth, as he moved the smoke pipe back to his mouth to take another long hit of the smoke-leaf within. In most occasions, he wouldn’t have even bothered going ahead with smoking from his pipe, often focusing on more important tasks to spend the time such as overseeing the training of new recruits as well as forming battle plans for eventual conflicts, yet he couldn’t help but need the nicotine considering the lack of activity recently.

Other than recent reports coming in from the scouts about getting a native guide of all people to aid them in their scouting, there wasn’t much to be thinking of here. And the Colonel could only grunt in frustration to himself… he just needed to… let off some steam soon enough. No, he can control his anger for a bit longer. Just gotta figure out who to-

“Sir, the reports have come in!”

And snapping back to attention, the Officer turned to face another individual, one that seemed to wear the clothing or the 024th scouting division. The man said nothing more as he placed papers onto the Colonel’s table, before standing attention nearby. The Colonel only gave a frown, before saying.

“How many times must I remind you… never interrupt me when I’m thinking.”

“Sorry sir, but it’s rather important you get the updates from the scouting party with the native guide…”

“Hmm… fine. But another repeated offense, and you’ll be cleaning the bathroom stalls for two weeks. You are now dismissed.”

The other soldier didn’t need to think more about it, as the scout went ahead to leave the room. The Colonel could only give a sigh as he went ahead and picked up some of the papers the Scout left behind and giving a small glance at them. It was only then he landed his eyes upon reports of two nations, one of having great beasts and a mixture of lizard and cat humanoids as the dominant races within the nation. Heh, well, his idea of great creatures here was right. But landing his eyes upon the second nation rumor, only place a simmering anticipation within his heart. Finally, something to look forward to. A nation that many others wouldn’t hesitate to destroying due to its nature of having a nationwide religion. Heh, he could only hope it gives as much of an fight as those Cultists the Fafrium Empire once faced before. He certainly was gonna enjoy planning for this.

Settlements:
Ferro-Civiatem/Capital

Order:
0

Happiness:
0

Population:
10

Army:
-Hollyreign
-1x Military Police
-1x Scout
-4x Infatrymen

Actions;
Free Actions:
-Army 1 travels North 1 tile, and explores

Paid actions:
1/2/3: Build farming settlement

Resource gain/Expenses;

Current Resources:
120

Resources per turn:
40 resources (added 10 from Strength, 10 gained from exploration)

Expenses:
Farm Settlement building: -50

Total amount left:
110 resources
 

Kent

Imagination will bring us everywhere
Act II, Turn 2
Prime Ship, Freedom - Capital Settlement


Kiel Wisteria, Hangar Room
"Impressive job, boy!" Bromnir and the rest of the council greeted Kiel when he came back. "Ya think any of them will be joining the council in the future?"

"Thank You! I'd sure hope so. It's always good to have more members in the council because that means council-level contributions!" Kiel replied with a smile. He was glad it all worked out fine and the villagers didn't turn hostile on him. He was worried that they would have been wiped out.

Kiel then accepted greetings from every member of the council before turning to the Fleet Admiral. "Gerald, you have full authority on the fleet movement now. I trust that a course has already been plotted."

"Yes, Chairman! We will be moving to the ravine, then back to the mountains we initially were above, then to the cave in the northwest, and then south of that to the region entrance. This, I believe would take approximately 4 months." Gerald responded.

"Very well. I shall now be returning to my lab. There is much research to do and unknown to discover!" Kiel happily trotted away.


Bromnir Starforger, Construction Yard
Bromnrir looked over the railings to see a giant settlement-level ship under construction. Although not as grand as standard settlement ship, it is as valuable. Bounty, the Farming Ship. It's purpose is as important as any settlement. It provides food and resources to the collective, something it really needs with its massive consumption.

"Alright, boys!" Bromnir shouted from where he was which caught the attention of the workers. "Bounty is scheduled to be completed this month so let's hurry it up! Everybody is gonna get a shitload of Merit Points after this is done and I'll treat everyone to some beer at Ol' Bob's place!"

The workers cheered and went back to their jobs with vigor. Bromnir nodded in satisfaction and left to begin his own work.​

Resources
Start of TurnIncomeExpenditureRemaining
307020 80

Income: 10(Fishing Ships), 40(Fishing Village), 20(Capital) = 70

Pure Magic Crystals
2

Settlements:
Prime Ship, Freedom - Capital Level 1
Fishing Village, Guardian Coast - Farming Settlement Level 1
Resource Ship 001, Bounty - Farming Settlement Level 1

Total Troops:
1 Aegis
1 Curator
2 Sentinels
2 Strongman

Deployment
Empyrean Legion(1st Army)
1 Aegis
1 Curator
2 Sentinels

Guardian Legion(2nd Army)
2 Strongman

Order/Happiness
0|0

Population
6/10


Paid Actions:
Construct Settlement: Farming Ship, Bounty(+2 | 3/3)
Research Advancement: Extraction Magic Research
Upgrades on the Extraction Magic used on Resource Extraction Magitech. Gives a percentage bonus to resource income.

Free Action:
Movement: Freedom Fleet moves 1 tile South-West(Ravine)
Exploration: Empyrean Legion and Guardian Legion, supported by Freedom Fleet will explore tile after movement.
 

Trektek

Happy Necromancer
Birth of Nations: Act 2: Age of Colonialism

Nidria was jumping for joy at the reports that she was reading. It was obviously difficult for her not to. After all, she was rooting for the crazy cult. Heck, even she was sure that the cult would tear itself apart eventually, but she’d watch that crazy ride all the way down to funky town, as it were.

They were vicious, but there was a cruel cunning that lay underneath their outer exterior. At least from what she was seeing. But, she was sure that others saw that differently. Such as Boyle, the Commander’s right hand man. He had his hopes in a few of the other nations, though his current front runners from what she could scrounge up, was that Holy nation, Penumbra. It seems that he thinks that they have what it takes to conquer the continent, or at least unite it.

Nidria smirked maliciously at the thought. It was doubtful that many of the other nations would even be accepting of such a religion as theirs. In fact, many of the colonizers are either non-participatory towards religion, or outright despise it and will attack it at first sight.

But, that was neither here nor there. She hoped to see some more carnage with the battles that lay ahead. Especially as winter would be soon upon them and things would become far more difficult.

---------------------------------

The time had come for its ancient halls to be opened. They shall be opened to one and all. The halls where in the past, vast objects of great power and importance had passed hands, and now in this day and age, it would happen again.

A slender, bony hand, with an equally slender and bony arm extended towards the quill and parchment. It belonged to a being known only as The Auctioneer.

The Auctioneer sent out the alert of this place. A place where any nation can bid for the comings and goings of great artifacts of power.

The current ones up for bid are:

Crown of Thorns

A laurel of black, eternally moving thorns that strike out at those who would harm its wearer.

Broken Sword

A sword imbued with magical energy albeit with a significantly shortened blade due to damage.

Necronomicon

A book of unknown origin that is bound in flesh and written in blood, containing powerful spells of death and darkness.



Month 3, Turn 3, Year 1290



The Mabinogi

-Advancement: Rhyfelwr Uwchraddio: -10 resources to recruit Rhyfelwr.

-Advancement: Cuddio Arfwisg: Rhyfelwr gain 0/+1.

-Advancement: Niwl Ymgripiol: Mabinogi settlements and units generate a fog up to one hex away. Enemy units are -1/0 while in it and gain 1 fear token each turn. This is increased to 2 tokens when accompanied by a character.

Raid Red Settlement: Gain 20 Resources


Explore Forest: Moving through the forest, they come across a very large, very old tree. It speaks to them as a face emerges, “You have come to the Old Woods. Have you come for the trials?” (Continued in Exploration Chat)

Quest 1: Kill 10 units

“Blood must be spilled in the forest. Those of the invaders or those of the ignorant, it does not matter. But the blood must be spilled in droves.” - Druid


The Ascendant

Recruit Bloodied x3

Battle Results of Fighting Mabinogi “Village”
Mabingi- Lose 3 Rhyfelwr

Ascendant- 1 Bloodied Dead and Charger at 1 HP

Red Dawn Raided- Gain 20 less Resources next turn
-1 Happiness
Gain 2 Fear Tokens
( If Mabingi flee this turn or you crush the rest of them, fear tokens will go away due to your win of battle this turn)

Gained 6 Sacrifice Points, 6 Resources, a Novice Mage Unit

Explore: The troops come across what seems to be an abandoned town. It looks as though its best days were long ago. An almost eerie silence hangs in the air about it. (Continued in Exploration Chat)

Quest 1: Sacrifice 10 Units

“These new lands must be bathed in blood. Either the blood of our loyal followers, or those of non believers. But these lands must be consecrated.”- High Priest


The Flessi Assembly

Standard Settlement Complete

Cultivate Flessix2

Quest 1: Convert 3 Tiles to Growth

“The Growth must reach critical mass if our species is to thrive in this world. It is to you to create the wonderment.” Dark Ooze

Penumbra

Farm settlement construction complete

Advancement: Controlled Light- Solar Sailor Units unlocked

Explore Capital Tile- The city is a hustle and a bustle, but many parts of it have been forgotten over the long years of a fallen empire. The troops come across an abandoned crypt underneath the city. (Continued in Exploration Chat)

Quest 1: Gain 50 Faith

“The Worship of your people is the most important thing to obtain. Starting small will still show growth and eventually, it will the kind of thing that will crush armies” - Priest Othro


Yamabuki

Finish Construction of Standard Settlement

Recruit 2 Fishing Boats

Explore: The Army comes across strange boats on the shore. At first glance, they seem abandoned, but there are footprints leading further down the beach. (Continued in Exploration Chat)

Quest 1: Survive 4 Battles

“Adversity is the greatest thing that one can overcome. The first trial in that, is to test your armies against great foes.”


Coghaven

Upgrade Capital to Level 2 (¾ turns)

Explore Large village- The Clockwork army approaches a large village filled with orcs. They all look big and burly. The guards at the gate are armed with powerful looking spears and axes. They eye the group with suspicion. A female Orc speaks up, “Halt, outsiders. Why do you come to our village?” (Continued in Exploration Chat)

Quest 1: Build a second settlement

“The first step to becoming a major industrial power, is more resources from having more towns that can prosper.” - Advisor


CORA Questline

Quest 1: Donate 50 Resources


“The first set of repairs will require a large chunk of resources based on what your civilization is currently capable of producing. I can assure you however, that it will pay off in the long run.”- CORA

Rahzen

Construct Farming Settlement (⅔)

Advancement: Ears of the Fox- When meeting a new nation, that nation can accept a Rahzen diplomat. This will increase any resource gains made by trade with Rahzen by 10 Resources. If not, Rahzen can still attempt an infiltration on a successful roll of 8+. If this fails, Order drops by 1.
Actions that an Ear of the Fox can perform each turn. Only 1 Action-
Set back advancement/Construction/upgrade/training by 1 Turn Action
Steal 10 Resources (Requires roll of 8+)
Steal Advancement (Requires roll of 8+)

Exploration Forest: The Army watches as the forests are soon covered in thick snow from the colder temperatures. Up ahead, they see fighting between what looks like living snowmen and large white hairy bipedal beasts with sharp claws and teeth. (Continued in Exploration Chat)

Quest 1: Posses advancements that give a total of 20 extra resources a turn

“In order to become a prosperous nation, we must focus inward and gather more.” -Shaman Guide


The Academy

4/4 Upgrade capital to level 2, resources paid

1/1 Advancement: Small lecture hall, -20 resources, theoretical lessons can be taught here to a maximum of 20 students, upgrades to medium lecture hall. Students following this track produce magical research, in game terms paper tokens. Every 5 paper tokens can be exchanged for a free advancement (specifically about magic). A student can only gain 1 paper token every turn. Once a student graduates it no longer produces paper tokens. *

1/1 Advancement: Small practice grounds, -20 resources, practical lessons can be taught here to a maximum of 20 students, upgrades to medium practice grounds. Students following this track can be taught combat spells, which increase their stats and abilities.

Explore: A wide open plain stretches forward. The student is able to see all the vast beauty that exists around him. Up ahead on the plains, he spies a large herd of Centaurs taking a rest. (Continued in Exploration chat)

Quest 1: Acquire 5 Students that are at the second rank of training

“Education is important and it is most important to attract other students, by showing off the knowledge that is gained from others.”- Educator


The Fafrium Empire

Finish Construction of Farming Settlement

Explore: A large Golem seems to be walking towards the Army. It is colored white and is carrying a large sack over its back. (Continued in Exploration Chat)

Quest 1: Reach Capital Level 2

“In order to grow a successful colony, one must first show off its capital. How else can one gain others to flock to your cause and help your burgeoning nation grow?” - Dame Rilligan

Straed Collective

Construct Settlement: Farming Ship, Bounty(+2 | 3/3)
Research Advancement: Extraction Magic Research- Resource income increases by 10%

Exploration: The ravine was deep. It was so deep that one could not hear a rock hitting the bottom. Deep and dark, there were strange sounds coming from within. (Continued in Exploration Chat)

Quest 1: Gain an army that has 10 Sentinels in it

“In order to develop the greatest magical engineering there is to offer, it is important to first perfect what you are already capable of making.”- Engineer First Class



Avvros

Explore Capital: Buried deeper in the jungles, a strange metal structure could be seen. It was obscured due to moss, ivy, and other forms of overgrowth. But a door existed, which must lead inside. (Still in Progress)

Quest 1: Build a second Settlement

“In order to reconstruct the Empire, first, we must expand to gather the resources necessary for its greatness and splendor.” - Cleric of the Ancient Texts

Mercenary Hut

Name Description # Available Cost Upkeep
Goblin Wolf Riders HP 1 Movement 2 Attack 1 Offense 0(1) Defense 0 Charge- Gives +1 Movement and during the first round of combat a +1/0 Goblin troopers in light armor that ride powerful wolves into battle. Counts as Troop type unit. 2 30 Resources 10 Resources
The Iron Axe HP 1 Movement 1 Attack 1 (2) Offense 1(2) Defense 1 (None) Iron Rage- During Battle, can rage for an extra +1 Attack and Offense for a guaranteed hit by the enemy on this unit. Burly Human Barbarians wielding large and heavy axes. A seething rage seems to lurk just beneath the surface, just waiting to be released. Counts as an Elite type unit 2 40 Resources 20 Resources
Ga’Lade’s Brigade HP 2 Movement 1 Attack 2 Offense 2 Defense 2 Honor in Combat- Can declare a duel and fight 1 unit vs 1 unit without any interference from any other unit. If a unit is defeated in this manner, they can be captured instead of killed. Soldiers wielding firearms and blades but wearing lightweight armor similar to that of a knight. They are trained from the order of knights that worked their way back to serving under the legendary Lord Ga’Lade, a hero from the Time of Chaos. Counts as a legendary Type unit 1 60 Resources 30 Resources
Rin’ Gin HP 3 Movement 1 Attack 3 Offense 4 Defense 2 Earth Magic- During Battle can use one of these spells: Earth Crush- on a 8+ trap 1 enemy unit, no matter power or abilities. Earthquake- Roll a d10 for each enemy unit on the field. On a 8+ deal 1 damage. If every enemy unit is hit in this manner, alter the damage to 2. However if no enemies are hit, the Hero takes 1 Damage instead A powerful Ogre that wields the lost magic of the Earth. Using powerful Gastric magic, he casts after he eats and as such, maintains a large appetite. Counts as a Hero Unit 1 80 Resources 40 Resources
 
Last edited:

LadyOfStars

Tu'er Shen the Rabbit God
Penumbra
STATS
001 Cities:
Umbra (Capital)
Barenziah (Farming Settlement)
Teera (Farming Settlement)
002 Faith: 2
Cities 3 (+3 Per Turn)
Temples:
Statues: 2 (+4 Per Turn)
003 Military:
Army 1:
2x DawnGuard (Greatswords)
1x Aurum Wyverns
1x Soleil Canon
Army 2:
2x DawnGuard (Greatswords)
1x Aurum Wyverns
1x Soleil Canon

Way of Light
STORY

In a dimly lit laboratory, hushed voices whispered back and forth to one another about the scene that was set to unfold before them. In the center of the room stood two figures; one was a heretic recently captured from the city of Barenziah and taken into custody by the authorities. By the Goddess’ grace, that man was given to Wyzen the High Mage of Penumbra to be used as fodder for experimental magic. The second figure in the center of the lab was the High Mage himself. A scaled sorcerer clad in loosely fitting robes that bore the symbol of the faith upon them. The onlookers were younger mages and all of lesser arcane knowledge.

Suddenly the dragon’s wings opened up and expanded to their full width. They created a sound somewhat similar to thunder in the sky, but Wyzen was old and his wings showed this. But his age and experience with magic was what made him a force to be reckoned with when it came to magic.

“Wh-What’s happening to me?” A scratchy, dry voice questioned in a shaky tone. As the man awoke and took in his surroundings, his voice became more panicked and shaky. “Where am I?! Who are you people?!” Bound to a cold exam table, the man struggled against his restraints with no success.A low chuckled could be heard suddenly as Wyzen found amusement in the futile attempt to escape.

“Magic binds you, not ropes or any material restraints.” Wyzen said as he pointed to the symbols that had been carved into the man’s wrists and ankles. “You’ve been immobilized so that you may pay for your crimes of heresy without interruption.” Stepping back a few paces from the specimen, Wyzen held his right hand out in front of himself with his palm facing upward.

“Pay close attention to this spell. It was taught to me by The Lady herself. She sent it to me in a vision just last night.” As the draconic mage spoke, an orb of blinding light took form in the palm of his hand and started to levitate into the open air. “This light can be used to heal one’s wounds, but for this demonstration we will use its destructive properties.” His fingers unfurled further and the orb’s size increased until it was the size of a large dog.

“This is the price you pay for being a nonbeliever and slandering our Lady, Arlethane’s good name in her own streets.” At the snap of his finger the orbs cast a ray of light down upon the foreigner and within seconds his body began to sizzle. Tongues of smoke rose from his form and he began to wriggle, again trying to get free, or stop the burning sensation that was washing over him.

“Help! Argh!’ It didn’t take long for the man’s clothes to catch fire and shortly after his own body was set ablaze by the spell’s prolonged use. “AHH!!!” His broken voice echoed off the walls, multiplying his painful cries over and over again.

The onlookers watched in silence for the most part, with the occasional scratching of their pencils on their papers.

At the end of the demonstration Wyzen thanked the apprentice mages for coming and showed them the way out. Then disposed of the charred corpse.

Stepping out onto the balcony of his lab, Wyzen approached a shrine to Arlethane that he had created for personal use. He knelt down in front of it and sighed in relief with a toothy grin. “My work is yielding great results, My Lady.” He started. “I would not have come this far without your genius and assistance. I thank you everyday for this and all you have done for me.”

- The Fall -

Calamity was unavoidable now, that was the only certainty that remained. Atop her Sky Tower, Arlethane grabbed at the clouds while she sat at an empty table that once was full of her kin. Melkor and Valar had been reported dead, slain at the hands of Aldur. The same war god had reportedly sealed himself away after his victory, fearing that the true enemy might corrupt him next and turn him against his allies. Teera, Barenziah, and even the powerful Creed had all done the same in the attempt to safeguard themselves and their people.

It seemed that the enemy had won, The Song, whatever it was, had been victorious in its invasion of the Dawn Empire. What remained of the western and central realms were falling fast and refugees were piling up at her doorstep, begging to be let in.

“Lady Arlethane?” The soft voice drew her back to reality, somewhere she hoped to escape. Her eyes traveled down to the robed figures that stood before her. The Seneschals of her realm. Appointed so for their devotion and dedication to her and her plans for the future. “Yes.” The Goddess replied in a quiet voice. “This is your last chance to resign from this course of action. Journeying to the Shadow Realm is a last resort and...there is no telling how long we will be there or if you all will be the same when we return.”

These select few would be the ones she saved from The Song, although she could not say if they would be safe in the darkness of the Shadow Realm. “We are ready.” The Head Seneschal declared as he drew his dagger. With a nod of her head, the Seneschals plunged their daggers down into several bound victims, ending their lives. The youngest Seneschal stood there shaking, unable to do the deed. Tears filled his eyes as he weighed his options. To die in the encroaching madness or to take a life and live. All eyes were on him, waiting, and as he started to drop the dagger Arlethane caressed his chin and raised his head to look upon her. “You will not bear this weight alone.” She promised before she took his hands in her own.

The dagger plunged into the unconscious victim, tearing through flesh and splitting bone. Arlethane watched from her throne as the vision she put in the boy’s head seemed to have done the trick.

With darkness now in their hearts, the goddess could ferry them across the threshold to the world of shadows. Stepping down from her throne Arlethane opened her hand towards the far right wall. “Come forth gate to darkness. Reveal yourself to these dark hearts.” A ripple then moved through the wall as if it were made of water and the stones were slowly molded into the shape of a doorway.



With their Goddess to protect and guide them, the Seneschals descended the long stairway into the darkness. The further they went the less light they saw, save for the light their Goddess gave off. But even she seemed dimmed in this place. The cold of the dimension was something they would get used to, but the empty, sad feeling that slowly crept over them did not seem like the type of thing you shake off. And so it was that the Dawn Pantheon left the mortal world and as the doors sealed behind them, Arlethane could only hope things would be ok without them there to oversee the rebirth of their creations.

ACTS

Cost Actions:
  1. Construct Way of Light Statue in Teera (Farming Settlement)
  2. Train Spectrum Sailor Unit in Umbra (1/2)
  3. Train Spectrum Sailor Unit in Umbra (1/2)
Free Actions:
  • Army 1 explores Teera

© pasta


Divine Power Progression




This Turn Income Expenses Next turn
Faith 18 7 0 25
Resources 150 100 40 210
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top