• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Boku no Hero: Peace Sign Academia Characters

Which will get her kicked out like ASAP

Your CS is also one of those extremely rare cases where I have to utter the phrase "you are in need of qualities". Your character seems defective and flawed on everything with no redeeming qualities whatsoever... The closest thing I can find is a recognition towards the pain of others, but that contradicts the idea that she doesn't care so that can't be it

The first effect I can kinda follow, if we handwave the problem of pressure and vessel size among others, but

-quirk is rejected. I said explicitly and repeatedly that permanent damage and especially death are not permitted as anything close to a standard.

-items are missing

-even if she doesn't know what happened to her parents, I still need to or else I can't approve it

That's silly. Plenty of heroes in the show have quirks that can kill. All Might, Ashido, Thirteen, etc etc etc. Every quirk can kill or cause permanent damage, even ones you've already approved in this very roleplay. I think you're mixing up your own rules. You've said you can't permanently damage/kill people, you have NEVER, even once, said that a quirk can't be capable of such things. If quirks that can cause permanent damage aren't allowed there's a lot of quirks you need to go back and unapprove.

As for items, there's nothing to list there. She didn't bring anything other than the basics.

Lastly, what happened to her parents is entirely irrelevant and has absolutely zero bearing on the roleplay or the character. Why would you possibly need to know in order to approve her?

Idea Idea Edited a bit of the personality section to better explain a few things, my explanation of rebellious nature was pretty terrible haha, I should really get more sleep before doing these.

Let me know if you want me to add more positive qualities, as I can likely think of some, though I enjoy character development over the story, especially personality wise.

You've said you can't permanently damage/kill people, you have NEVER, even once, said that a quirk can't be capable of such things.
he’s actually said it MULTIPLE times. the quirks in this rp are not capable of permanent death or damage because idea has said, throughout the character creation process, that these types of quirks were not allowed. we cant compare students to pro heroes atm, so thinking of all might and thirteen while making your student isnt the same. ashido on the other hand, obviously has her limits, because we havent seen her cause permanent damage or death on characters at all...

he’s actually said it MULTIPLE times. the quirks in this rp are not capable of permanent death or damage because idea has said, throughout the character creation process, that these types of quirks were not allowed. we cant compare students to pro heroes atm, so thinking of all might and thirteen while making your student isnt the same. ashido on the other hand, obviously has her limits, because we havent seen her cause permanent damage or death on characters at all...

That's the problem. Literally every quirk can cause permanent damage. I could just chuck a dart at a board of characters approved and be guaranteed that their quirk can cause permanent damage. I mean using your Lian as an example, steam with sufficient heat and force to allow her to hover would cause permanent burns to anyone hit by it. I mean NASTY burns. Burns that could straight up kill someone from shock.

So the idea that quirks themselves can't cause permanent harm is absolutely insane since every quirk in the roleplay can cause permanent harm. The standard rule is you can't permanently harm another character without that player's approval. But that's a very different thing from a quirk not being able to physically harm someone.

Also, comparing to Thirteen or All Might are perfectly valid. They weren't just born as pro heroes. They had to train too. So like I said to Idea, if you want to say the quirk itself can't possibly cause permanent harm, there's a LOOOT of quirks that need to be unapproved.

Randomfella Randomfella so I had that other incomplete review that I accidentally posted, and you made some changes. So I removed some parts, but kept the ones not yet corrected. And of course, added the missing ones.

Though those accidentally caught up in a mix will often catch her attention.
What do you mean by this?

Your CS is also one of those extremely rare cases where I have to utter the phrase "you are in need of qualities". Your character seems defective and flawed on everything with no redeeming qualities whatsoever... The closest thing I can find is a recognition towards the pain of others, but that contradicts the idea that she doesn't care so that can't be it

The rapid generation of blood and ability to manipulate it also allows for fast clotting of wounds, giving some haemopotent regeneration, thought it cannot repair flesh or bone. This mastery of her own blood also boosts her own stamina and strength by one and a half times what would be expected.
Her abilities also extend to being able to detect the blood of others, but only within a ten meter radius from her, and requires great concentration.
The first effect I can kinda follow, if we handwave the problem of pressure and vessel size among others, but from the rest of it it's just completely different effects that are most definitely not covered by the sentence you provided. Furthermore as I will explain below by the very nature of anything manipulating your quirk is already WAY too versatile to begin with, so I'm gonna have to ask you to remove these two paragraphs otherwise it will be impossible for me to consider this a single quirk.

Ketsue posses the ability to manipulate blood, being able to rapidly generate her own blood to counteract its constant use.
Now I'm gonna straight up say the ability to manipulate the blood of another is straight up rejected. That power is overpowered in more ways than I could possibly describe here so I hope that this is some kind of error and you meant HER blood.
That too, though, is a really tricky power. ANYTHING you manipulate makes the ability extremely versatile, and because the abilities are suppose to be somewhat balanced and to let everyone complement each other and have the spotlight, it should go without saying (even though I do have to say it a lot), that the more versatile a power is the less power each use is allowed to have. And since manipulation has a borderline infinite amount of uses that logically means manipulationhas to be EXTREMELY weak to be viable.

I tell you this because I want you to keep it in mind in deciding whether it is worth persuing this quirk (which is not impossible to have but it does mean we will have to spend ages dealing with all the details and by the end it's probably not going to be the kind of impressive thing you might have been aiming for , so in short, don't do it unless you absolutely love this quirk can can't bear having any other) or if it would be best to try to find an alternative.

No gas. The stuff in blood is a hevay toxin as a gas and deadly quirks are not allowed as a standard in this RP.

She generally does this out of the stumps of her arms, often using hardened blood as makeshift grabbing tools or even hands, though more complicated constructs require more concentration and energy. In combat this allows her to form weapons from hardened blood, and even stretch them out up to fifteen meters away, depending on how much blood she has to use at the time.
Fifteen meters is way too far

What properties of these constructs can she make exactly? And how many? What size? For how long? How fast are they made, and how fast can they move? I am assuming they can fly? How high? How fats do they go up? Can manipulate things that have her blood within them? Does it have a limit of mass it can carry? How much can she solidfy the blood? Can it gain properties like sharpness? Can it be solidified if it isn't in her range of sight? How far away can she manipulate the blood from? Does it have to be connect to her in any way? By more complicated constructs what do you mean, exactly? If her blood mixes with the blood of another or gets watered down does she have to extract it or can she just manipulate both substsances as if her own blood? if she is generating the blood all the time, how doesn't she swell up and burst?

I will also need a bunch other concrete limits , but I think you got enoguh work on your hands regarding the quirk... for now.

That's silly. Plenty of heroes in the show have quirks that can kill. All Might, Ashido, Thirteen, etc etc etc. Every quirk can kill or cause permanent damage, even ones you've already approved in this very roleplay.
1. I've already discussed with you and stated mroe than once, the characters in the show are not good standards. Boku no Hero has completely different needs from a roleplay of boku no hero.

2. Yes, it's true the quirks here CAN kill. But there are two things wrong about what you are thinking, the first being that the quirks have concrete limits to prevent them from killing among other things. So, to take your example, Lilli'an couldn't get steam that hot because it's already established it's not possible. Second, what I said is that killing can be nowhere near a standard. AKA even if you give your everything you still don't need to be causing any probably lethal moves and your standard fighting using the quirk does not involve harming anyone permanently much less killing them. Your quirk, on the other hand, is explicitly lethal just normally.

I think you're mixing up your own rules.
And I think you once again barely bothered reading the mandatory and are completely ignoring anything I said anywhere else even if I have constantly been repeating it in the OOC and here.

. You've said you can't permanently damage/kill people, you have NEVER, even once, said that a quirk can't be capable of such things.
And how exactly do you expect that to not happen when your quirk by default is deadly?

Plus, as I also said over and over, the reviews of quirks are never about what will be done, but about what can be done.

As for items, there's nothing to list there. She didn't bring anything other than the basics.
Did I leave a tag a saying "optional" on the side of items? Cause unless I did then there is no excuse not to put it in.

Lastly, what happened to her parents is entirely irrelevant and has absolutely zero bearing on the roleplay or the character. Why would you possibly need to know in order to approve her?
To have it written down so they don't BS later.

Let me know if you want me to add more positive qualities, as I can likely think of some, though I enjoy character development over the story, especially personality wise.
I want a balance of positive and negative traits. Your character first needs to be a person before they can grow. Usually I end up demanding serious flaws to be added to the personality yours is at the most the second time a character is so devoid of any good that I have to ask the person to add positive qualities to their personality (which is kind redundant to say given qualities already implies positive)

1. I've already discussed with you and stated mroe than once, the characters in the show are not good standards. Boku no Hero has completely different needs from a roleplay of boku no hero.

2. Yes, it's true the quirks here CAN kill. But there are two things wrong about what you are thinking, the first being that the quirks have concrete limits to prevent them from killing among other things. So, to take your example, Lilli'an couldn't get steam that hot because it's already established it's not possible. Second, what I said is that killing can be nowhere near a standard. AKA even if you give your everything you still don't need to be causing any probably lethal moves and your standard fighting using the quirk does not involve harming anyone permanently much less killing them. Your quirk, on the other hand, is explicitly lethal just normally.

The anime is a perfectly good metric on general things, though. The idea that quirks can't kill is proven false by basically every quirk, both in the show and in the roleplay. Also you might want to re-check Lian's CS since nowhere does it limit the steam to levels that can't cause permanent damage. If you can hover and skate around on steam, you can straight up murder someone with it. And Lian is by far the only example. Almost every single quirk in this roleplay can kill someone with absolute ease. Just a flick of the wrist and they're dead. That's why you saying now that quirks themselves can't kill or cause permanent damage is, to be blunt, total BS. Since you've approved over 30 quirks that can do so easily. The only thing preventing these quirks from causing permanent damage, outside of godmodding rules, is the students themselves. It isn't that the quirk isn't lethal, it's that they intentionally avoid doing anything that'd cause permanent harm. My quirk is no different than anyone else's, it needs to be intentionally kept in check since if you just disregarded safety you could kill someone with basically any quirk you've approved.

And I think you once again barely bothered reading the mandatory and are completely ignoring anything I said anywhere else even if I have constantly been repeating it in the OOC and here.

It's more that your past actions prove this isn't a rule. You can't say quirks aren't allowed to cause permanent harm and then approve dozens of quirks that can cause permanent harm. Those are two mutually exclusive things. If you want to deny my quirk on these grounds that's fine, just apply it consistently and go unapprove all the other quirks that can cause permanent harm.

And how exactly do you expect that to not happen when your quirk by default is deadly?

Plus, as I also said over and over, the reviews of quirks are never about what will be done, but about what can be done.

In literally the exact same way as everyone else. Don't do it? What's to stop Lian from going full blast on her steam in someone's face? Literally nothing. There's no concrete force at work that prevents her from doing that IC. She doesn't do it because it's illegal, immoral, and goes against her character. There's nothing stopping ANYONE from causing permanent harm/death with their quirks other than their own refusal to do it. Why you're acting like I have to be the exception to this rule is beyond me.

Did I leave a tag a saying "optional" on the side of items? Cause unless I did then there is no excuse not to put it in.

Well you approved my last character without me listing items without any issue. And it's a non-issue, literal busy-work. She didn't bring anything. But if it'll make you happy I'll include all the stuff she didn't break.

To have it written down so they don't BS later.

Well that's not going to happen since, as I said, it's irrelevant and I haven't even given it any thought. It doesn't matter to the roleplay and isn't worth thinking up. If I ever decide I want something for the parents I'll obviously let you know. But as of this moment I aint got nothing for you since it was never relevant.

The anime is a perfectly good metric on general things, though. The idea that quirks can't kill is proven false by basically every quirk, both in the show and in the roleplay. Also you might want to re-check Lian's CS since nowhere does it limit the steam to levels that can't cause permanent damage.
There is this thing called the secret system? There are more details to the quirks than you, player, know of.

I also want to say this, you are part of this roleplay not it's GM. If you think that is a good metric, that's fine and dandy but you won't get approved.
If you can hover and skate around on steam, you can straight up murder someone with it. And Lian is by far the only example. Almost every single quirk in this roleplay can kill someone with absolute ease. Just a flick of the wrist and they're dead. That's why you saying now that quirks themselves can't kill or cause permanent damage is, to be blunt, total BS. Since you've approved over 30 quirks that can do so easily. The only thing preventing these quirks from causing permanent damage, outside of godmodding rules, is the students themselves. It isn't that the quirk isn't lethal, it's that they intentionally avoid doing anything that'd cause permanent harm. My quirk is no different than anyone else's, it needs to be intentionally kept in check since if you just disregarded safety you could kill someone with basically any quirk you've approved.
No dude, you are missing the point entirely. In those situations you mentioned the person has to go out of their way to kill someone with the quirk. Your character has to actively check themselves not to kill someone. That is a big difference because as the very fact we are having this conversation AGAIN proves, I can't trust everyone to know when to hold back.

It's more that your past actions prove this isn't a rule. You can't say quirks aren't allowed to cause permanent harm and then approve dozens of quirks that can cause permanent harm. Those are two mutually exclusive things. If you want to deny my quirk on these grounds that's fine, just apply it consistently and go unapprove all the other quirks that can cause permanent harm.

In literally the exact same way as everyone else. Don't do it? What's to stop Lian from going full blast on her steam in someone's face? Literally nothing. There's no concrete force at work that prevents her from doing that IC. She doesn't do it because it's illegal, immoral, and goes against her character. There's nothing stopping ANYONE from causing permanent harm/death with their quirks other than their own refusal to do it. Why you're acting like I have to be the exception to this rule is beyond me.
I answered these above and I also recommend you actually read what I said to other people before continuing these accusations.

Well you approved my last character without me listing items without any issue. And it's a non-issue, literal busy-work. She didn't bring anything. But if it'll make you happy I'll include all the stuff she didn't break.
Then i made a mistake. I am human too.

Well that's not going to happen since, as I said, it's irrelevant and I haven't even given it any thought. It doesn't matter to the roleplay and isn't worth thinking up. If I ever decide I want something for the parents I'll obviously let you know. But as of this moment I aint got nothing for you since it was never relevant.
I WISH I could trust you to do that or anyone else, but again even this very conversaiton proves we are not on the same page. and for someone that asks for consistency you are sure are making a fuss about something I demand out of every other person.

There is this thing called the secret system? There are more details to the quirks than you, player, know of.

I also want to say this, you are part of this roleplay not it's GM. If you think that is a good metric, that's fine and dandy but you won't get approved.

So every character secretly PMed you additional restrictions not on their CS? Because, again, Lian is hardly the only example.

No dude, you are missing the point entirely. In those situations you mentioned the person has to go out of their way to kill someone with the quirk. Your character has to actively check themselves not to kill someone. That is a big difference because as the very fact we are having this conversation AGAIN proves, I can't trust everyone to know when to hold back.

Did you even read my quirk? She has to stab herself, get her blood on someone, and then activate it. How is that not going out of her way to kill someone? This is my problem with this entire situation, you're not judging my character by the same metric as you've judged everyone else.

I answered these above and I also recommend you actually read what I said to other people before continuing these accusations.

I don't care what you said to other people, I care what you APPROVED. You approved dozens of quirks that can kill people, yet now suddenly that's not allowed? Yeah, I'm going to take exception with that for obvious reasons.

I WISH I could trust you to do that or anyone else, but again even this very conversaiton proves we are not on the same page. and for someone that asks for consistency you are sure are making a fuss about something I demand out of every other person.

Bro, I can't give you what doesn't exist. You demanding this is like demanding to know what my cousin twice removed's nephew's backstory is. If you can't accept that irrelevant information isn't included then we have far bigger problems for this roleplay in general than my character sheet. Especially when it's such a simple situation. If the parents ever become relevant they'll be approved then. Simple. You're making a mountain out of a mole hill for literally no reason.

So every character secretly PMed you additional restrictions not on their CS? Because, again, Lian is hardly the only example.
many do have, but let's not forget everything else I said

Did you even read my quirk? She has to stab herself, get her blood on someone, and then activate it. How is that not going out of her way to kill someone? This is my problem with this entire situation, you're not judging my character by the same metric as you've judged everyone else.
Because that's how she fights by default. If say in some remote way or using some tool or another she was somehow capable of killing then I would be cautious but have no problem approving it. But unless you just don't use your quirk, fighting with your character is again, lethal by default.

I don't care what you said to other people, I care what you APPROVED. You approved dozens of quirks that can kill people, yet now suddenly that's not allowed? Yeah, I'm going to take exception with that for obvious reasons.
You are mistaking the forest for the trees. You are looking at what is approving not only forgetting that part of what is approved isn't even in there and second forget the process by which I decided to approve them. Is it impossible I made a mistake with some? No, of course not. That's what it means to have a different perspective and that's why what I SAID to them matters. Because my perspective is conveyed in what I said and not in what you think I maybe said or not. And given you don't even seem to understand what I am saying to YOU directly, I have a hard time seeing how you could ever get it through your head that you could somehow guess normality from any barely-approvable CS

Bro, I can't give you what doesn't exist
And I can't approve what doesn't exist.

Simple. You're making a mountain out of a mole hill for literally no reason.
I'M making a mountain out of a moll hill? I'm making sure I stay consistent, you're the one that refuses to use a minute of their time to so much as come up with and write down what happened to your own character's parents

Kazeki is a cheeky sort of person who is smart, and he knows it. He puts on a show of superiority, and acts like nothing is a big deal to him. Its all just some pass time entertainment, according to him. Always saying he can't even compete with everyone around him since he is quirkless, so why should it matter to him? Why should even try?
Despite all of his claims, Kazeki is not satisfied with being unable to stand among his peers. Behind all of his snarky remarks or uncaring facade he is actually still trying to reach the top. He wanted to go to UA, he wants to at least be in the Mentoring course in PSA, and he wants to be more than just a quirkless person who needs a hero to come along and save him. Most of all, he wants the people he cares about to look at him and feel safe. He wants them to be able to depend on him, rather than them having to make sure he doesn't hurt.
One of the things that will always hold him back, is the fear of that no matter how hard he tries he will never be good enough. This thought alone terrifies him more than he would like to let on, and because of this a part of him doesn't always give it his best shot. How can someone give it their all while telling people why he wouldn't have been able to win in the first place?
Other than his personal conflicts, Kazeki has a smug attitude and likes to push people's buttons. Overly sarcastic and never clearly states how he feels directly. When it comes to Kazeki, it is always the little things to keep an eye on.
Lacking serious flaws

-A "tiny computer" that "isn't a cellphone". Looks like one, but it doesn't seem like he can make any calls on it and he seems to use it during fights as well . . . It also seems to have an earphone jack.
This will not be allowed in the PSA

Because that's how she fights by default. If say in some remote way or using some tool or another she was somehow capable of killing then I would be cautious but have no problem approving it. But unless you just don't use your quirk, fighting with your character is again, lethal by default.

Except no, that isn't even remotely close to how she fights by default. She's in the support course and has a staff and martial arts specifically because her quirk is not suited for fighting. It's too difficult to use without hurting people. Again, did you even read the CS or did you just skim the quirk and just go "nope"? I mean, I guess I didn't explicitly say that so that part's my fault. But I do feel like you just skimmed over it. But I'll rectify my mistake right now.

That's a big point of the character, and why I'll simply not have a second character if you don't approve it. She has a quirk that, much like Thirteen, isn't suited for dealing with villains directly. It's good for other hero work, but not fighting. That's why she knows martial arts. That's why she has the staff. That's why she's in the support course. So he can fight without really relying on her quirk. But even if she does use her quirk, it isn't like the blood automatically does stuff. She has to activate it. So she would have to go out of her way to hurt someone same as anyone else.

You are mistaking the forest for the trees. You are looking at what is approving not only forgetting that part of what is approved isn't even in there and second forget the process by which I decided to approve them. Is it impossible I made a mistake with some? No, of course not. That's what it means to have a different perspective and that's why what I SAID to them matters. Because my perspective is conveyed in what I said and not in what you think I maybe said or not. And given you don't even seem to understand what I am saying to YOU directly, I have a hard time seeing how you could ever get it through your head that you could somehow guess normality from any barely-approvable CS

That argument doesn't apply when it's 99% of the characters in the RP. You make it sound like you've only approved a couple lethal quirks. When in reality you've approved dozens. I'm tempted to just list every quirk in the RP and explain how effortlessly they can kill people. Because I don't think you fully understand what the quirks you approved are capable of based on your replies. Because if you do understand and do know that almost every single quirk can effortlessly kill people, I fail to see why mine is an issue.

And I can't approve what doesn't exist.

Sure you can, it's actually very easy. And indeed it's the default position. After all, you do it on 100% of the characters you approve. All those extended families not mentioned. All those years skimmed over. You wouldn't be able to find me even one single CS where you DIDN'T approve something that didn't exist.

I'M making a mountain out of a moll hill? I'm making sure I stay consistent, you're the one that refuses to use a minute of their time to so much as come up with and write down what happened to your own character's parents

That's because I don't know and I don't feel like jotting down some half-assed bullshit just because you can't simply do the logical thing and go "yeah, sure, but if you ever want something with them you're gonna have to submit it for approval". But if it's seriously THIS important to you to know what happens I'll conjure up some asinine bullshit. They died in a plane crash. Happy? Goddamn dude. I wanted to leave it open in case I thought of something later on, but for some reason I'll never understand the idea of approving new things at a later date simply isn't on the table, so whatever. Plane crash it is!

How and when did he learn these to the point of becoming exceptionally gifted at it?

I kind of just brushed over it, but its part of his father's line of work and he did switch interests.
Also if you're into Robotics, programming is also touch on, since you have to program commands into them.

Edit: Although if it is a problem, its not a big deal. He would just be good enough to put inputs, and it wouldn't be a major skill

Last edited:
Except no, that isn't even remotely close to how she fights by default. She's in the support course and has a staff and martial arts specifically because her quirk is not suited for fighting. It's too difficult to use without hurting people. Again, did you even read the CS or did you just skim the quirk and just go "nope"? I mean, I guess I didn't explicitly say that so that part's my fault. But I do feel like you just skimmed over it. But I'll rectify my mistake right now.
Maybe I wasn't clear on this part, but obviously, fighting by default when reviewing the quirk meaning fighting using the quirk

That's a big point of the character, and why I'll simply not have a second character if you don't approve it.
then don't. Frankly speaking if your only way of havign a character is having something I don't allow then just don't do it.

That argument doesn't apply when it's 99% of the characters in the RP. You make it sound like you've only approved a couple lethal quirks. When in reality you've approved dozens. I'm tempted to just list every quirk in the RP and explain how effortlessly they can kill people. Because I don't think you fully understand what the quirks you approved are capable of based on your replies. Because if you do understand and do know that almost every single quirk can effortlessly kill people, I fail to see why mine is an issue.
Then go ahead and do it. If you catch even a single one that doesn't fall into the circumstances that I've already explained to you twice at least in this convo alone, then I will readily go back and correct my mistake. Again, I am only human, I can make mistakes, but let me show you how this conversation is going nowhere:

*I explain to you the source of the info by which you are mistaken, why that source is relevant , what you will find in it and why your information is flawed
Your response?
You say I'm wrong and proceed to rephrase the prior argument that I've already responded to.

You are adamantaly refusing to so much as consider the chance that maybe you are mistaken, refusing to attempt any form of self-improvement, by actually finding good reasons as to why i might be mistaken, by refusing to be cooperative and by refusing to actually read the things you are told you can find good information from. How in hell am I suppose to deal with that?

Sure you can, it's actually very easy. And indeed it's the default position. After all, you do it on 100% of the characters you approve. All those extended families not mentioned. All those years skimmed over. You wouldn't be able to find me even one single CS where you DIDN'T approve something that didn't exist.
Neihther of those examples are big deals. And I don't mean they don't matter to us the player I mean literally none of it has any chance of affecting the character's life in any meaningful way after approval. Hence, those parts are not approved but they don't have to be because they are so unreleated to the character that it doesn't matter. It can't turn into an issue down the road.

On the other hand, you DO make a big deal out of it by means of 1. Being our only source of the parents wherabouts and 2. making it something significant enough that the character's grandparent would try to hide it.

That's because I don't know and I don't feel like jotting down some half-assed bullshit just because you can't simply do the logical thing and go "yeah, sure, but if you ever want something with them you're gonna have to submit it for approval". But if it's seriously THIS important to you to know what happens I'll conjure up some asinine bullshit. They died in a plane crash. Happy? Goddamn dude. I wanted to leave it open in case I thought of something later on, but for some reason I'll never understand the idea of approving new things at a later date simply isn't on the table, so whatever. Plane crash it is!
THAT?S THE FUCKING PROBLEM. These things didn't happen later on, they are part of the cannon. The rules are not gonna change just because you are feeling lazy.

Maybe I wasn't clear on this part, but obviously, fighting by default when reviewing the quirk meaning fighting using the quirk

Just because they have a quirk doesn't magically mean it's a core part of their fighting style.

then don't. Frankly speaking if your only way of havign a character is having something I don't allow then just don't do it.

Just wish you could apply this consistently as you love to say.

Then go ahead and do it. If you catch even a single one that doesn't fall into the circumstances that I've already explained to you twice at least in this convo alone, then I will readily go back and correct my mistake. Again, I am only human, I can make mistakes, but let me show you how this conversation is going nowhere:

*I explain to you the source of the info by which you are mistaken, why that source is relevant , what you will find in it and why your information is flawed
Your response?
You say I'm wrong and proceed to rephrase the prior argument that I've already responded to.

You are adamantaly refusing to so much as consider the chance that maybe you are mistaken, refusing to attempt any form of self-improvement, by actually finding good reasons as to why i might be mistaken, by refusing to be cooperative and by refusing to actually read the things you are told you can find good information from. How in hell am I suppose to deal with that?

Pot, meet kettle. I know I'm not the easiest but you're doing everything you're accusing me of doing, probably why we can never see eye to eye on anything. I did say we're far too similar for our own good. You focus on the most inconsequential things. You're so stubborn on adhering to things that simply will NEVER matter. You keep insisting that you've explained yourself, that I'm the one at fault. But you haven't given any solid reason as to why my quirk is unique. You say I adamantly refuse to consider the chance that maybe I'm mistaken, but then mistaken about what? This is a pretty clear case. You say no to my quirk because it can cause permanent harm. I point out EVERY quirk can cause permanent harm. Then...????? Nothing. You have no good response to this. You say they have limits, no they don't. SOME might but I refuse to believe every single character made has secret limits PMed to you. I know for a fact you never had me send you any secret info. I can't be the only one. You say they have to go out of their way to cause harm, well so would I.

And this is where we grind to a standstill. Because you have no good argument at this point. There's no logic for me to refute. So it's just you sitting there stubbornly going "no because I said so" and me sitting there stubbornly going "why not"? And we just go back and forth relentlessly. So you ask how the hell you're suppose to deal with this? You don't, neither of us do, hence why we're just sitting here accomplishing nothing. There's only two options, you either give an actual legitimate reason why my quirk is somehow unique to all the other quirks, or I call it quits. And frankly I already know which of those is more likely.

Neihther of those examples are big deals. And I don't mean they don't matter to us the player I mean literally none of it has any chance of affecting the character's life in any meaningful way after approval. Hence, those parts are not approved but they don't have to be because they are so unreleated to the character that it doesn't matter. It can't turn into an issue down the road.

On the other hand, you DO make a big deal out of it by means of 1. Being our only source of the parents wherabouts and 2. making it something significant enough that the character's grandparent would try to hide it.

See, you contradict yourself. You say those examples don't matter because there's no chance of them affecting the character after approval. And yet when I explain that's exactly why I didn't bother giving it any thought, that isn't good enough. Which is it? Is irrelevant info that will never matter required or isn't it? You're, yet again, saying one thing but doing the polar opposite.

THAT?S THE FUCKING PROBLEM. These things didn't happen later on, they are part of the cannon. The rules are not gonna change just because you are feeling lazy.

They didn't HAPPEN later, they got REVEALED later. Not every single little detail can, or even should be, approved at the start. Things change, new ideas come about. To say that nothing can ever be added later on is absolutely horrible.

At the end of the this is just like every other run-in, it aint worth it. You haven't demonstrated even the slightest reasoning as to make me think I'm wrong. But as you yourself pointed out, I aint the GM. What I think doesn't matter. So taking this any further is just a waste of time that serves only to make us both mad. So you wont approve it? Alright, fine. Nothing I can do about it Consider this topic closed.

Just because they have a quirk doesn't magically mean it's a core part of their fighting style.
And that is no requirement for it to be standard by which to judge a quirk

Just wish you could apply this consistently as you love to say.
And I do

But you haven't given any solid reason as to why my quirk is unique.
You say I adamantly refuse to consider the chance that maybe I'm mistaken, but then mistaken about what? This is a pretty clear case. You say no to my quirk because it can cause permanent harm. I point out EVERY quirk can cause permanent harm. Then...????? Nothing. You have no good response to this.

You have no good response to this. You say they have limits, no they don't. SOME might but I refuse to believe every single character made has secret limits PMed to you.

And this is where we grind to a standstill. Because you have no good argument at this point. There's no logic for me to refute. So it's just you sitting there stubbornly going "no because I said so" and me sitting there stubbornly going "why not"? And we just go back and forth relentlessly. So you ask how the hell you're suppose to deal with this? You don't, neither of us do, hence why we're just sitting here accomplishing nothing. There's only two options, you either give an actual legitimate reason why my quirk is somehow unique to all the other quirks, or I call it quits. And frankly I already know which of those is more likely.
There is one central issue you keep forgetting. Yes, there are things I say "no because I said so" to. Every other is refuted based on those. Why? Because every time I did that those were referring to standards or to hidden information by the secret system of by the future plot. Every other part, as I hope but don't expect the quotes above will show , I DID debate with you. But there are things, like the heroes of the show being used as a reference , that I am not going to debate because there is no debeta about it, because there can't be a universal standard unless that standard is the GM's. I didn't think I would have to actually explain such a basic fact of group roleplaying.

See, you contradict yourself. You say those examples don't matter because there's no chance of them affecting the character after approval. And yet when I explain that's exactly why I didn't bother giving it any thought, that isn't good enough. Which is it? Is irrelevant info that will never matter required or isn't it? You're, yet again, saying one thing but doing the polar opposite.
And yet again, you are IGNORING the reasons I gave you for it:

Lacking serious flaws

This will not be allowed in the PSA

Even if its a component in triggering his combative marbles?
I'll remove it, and just go with a different type of activation.

And does having a mental barrier of never giving it a 100% because a part of you doesn't think you'll ever succeed not a flaw? >~< I probably didn't explain the rest of him well, since I personally can imagine it. I'll retype it just in case the other bits weren't clear . . . I imagine him making a lot of bad comments (trying to provoke people), but I guess I didn't expand on it enough @.@

Even if its a component in triggering his combative marbles?
I'll remove it, and just go with a different type of activation.
If it is then it's part of the hero costume not an item. Items are registered goods you bring from home and keep in your person or PSA dorm.

And does having a mental barrier of never giving it a 100% because a part of you doesn't think you'll ever succeed not a flaw? >~< I probably didn't explain the rest of him well, since I personally can imagine it. I'll retype it just in case the other bits weren't clear . . . I imagine him making a lot of bad comments (trying to provoke people), but I guess I didn't expand on it enough @.@
I didn't say he didn't have any flaws, I said he didn't have enough serious flaws (first page of the OOC has a defintion of what a serious flaw is)

"YES! RED LIKE PASSION, HE RIDES ON A SUNBEAM! YES! TREMBLE VILLAIN SCUM! LIKE A PURGE FROM THE SKY, I SHALL... uh... no, no... It needs more oomph... Yes, more oomph."

Name: Shinsuke Ichimaru

Nickname(s): Bakamaru, Shin for closer friends

Height: 178cm

Weight: 66kg

Chosen Extra Class: General Studies

Appearance:

Captura de ecrã 2017-10-16, às 16.31.10.png

[media]

• Captura de ecrã 2017-10-16, às 16.31.24.png

Personality

It's ironic how someone, constantly hidding behind a helmet, can be so transparent.

Most of the times, if not all the time, Shinsuke is loud and over dramatic. When not in the spotlight, he can quite lax and minds his own business, however, at the call of his name, at a dare thrown at him, at the slightest chance to shine, Shinsuke will puff his chest and face whatever may come, in a loud and obnoxious to most way.

He admires charismatic heroes more than anyone, but regrets lacking a flashy ability, so he makes up for it with his over the top presence and reckless behaviour. His courage can be admired, but his common sense could use some improvement.

Tirelessly working to improve his image, Shinsuke is quite proud of himself, and has a lot of confidence in his untested capabilities. When proven wrong or brought down by whatever thing, it really gets to him, but he tries his best to avoid showing it to others (on that aspect, he really appreciates having a helmet on at all times), burying those thoughts in the back of his head, no matter how much it bothers him.
    When that is not enough, he likes to isolate himself, believing that he has to overcome his problems alone, or he'll never amount to anything. He can come out as rude, and show how immature he really is, when feeling down and sad, no matter how much he tries to hide it.

Shinsuke believes that his helmet is the manifestation of his childhood dream of being a great hero, and therefore is completely set on fulfilling that promise he made to his younger self. This is usually what motivates him, but sometimes he can't help but to curse his fate, for he believes that now he has no other option, and when the obstacles in his path seem to high, he becomes truly desperate and lost.

Shinsuke can be quite selfish as well. It is tru that he loves helping others, be it with studying, emotional support, carrying groceries or saving the world, but he will often do it only to get praise afterwards or to feel better about himself and forget his problems. It's easier to feel like a hero than to be an actual hero.

He also has a tendency to crush very easily on girls, making him an easy target for manipulation. He got his heart broken many times, but the sight of another pretty girl is enough to make him feel better.

Overall, Shinsuke is a gutsy, scrappy son of a gun. Despite being immature and having much to learn, he doesn't give up easily (sometimes he doesn't give up at all) and is willing to work very very hard to reach his goals, even if not by the most noble path.

Likes: Mask Valentine, rock music, chocolate pudding, pretty girls

Dislikes: Wool sweaters, arrogant people, hot days, being laughed at

Fears: To not be aknowledged after all his efforts, jellyfish, failure, dissapointing those who had hopes for him

Mannerisms

- Shinsuke likes to yell "YES!", in English, whenever replying to someone, or if he feels that it is appropriate. It's usually not appropriate.

- When not doing anything, Shinsuke mumbles to himself and discretely practices posing and speeches. A rather odd sight when seen from afar.

- Shinsuke likes to THINK he is close with a lot of girls. He is not.

Relationships

- Shinsuke is very close with his mom and dad, ho love him to no end as well.

Backstory

Shinsuke's life is not far from the average life of a kid in the city. He lived with his parents in a modest house, and never really had any particular trouble growing up. He took a liking to heroes the moment he laid eyes on them, as a kid, and, like most people, his admiration for All Might was unbound, but there was no hero he respected and admired more that his own father, Sousuke Ichimaru.

Under the name of Mask Valentine, Sousuke gained popularity for his charisma, flashiness in combat, and his bright mask that he wore at all times. To him, the mask was a sacred symbol that made him, in his own words 'a hero, in the purest shape and form', for he was known in no other form. Due to a grave injury, 7 years ago, he was forced to retire his duties, Shinsuke was 9 at the time this happened.

Sousuke was often away from home, due to increasing hero business, so despite being sad for his injury, Shinsuke was also happy that he would get to spend time with his father, now that he was a dedicated family man, and most importantly, because he could ask him for hero training.

Sousuke loved his boy, and was happy to give him some tips on how to be a charismatic hero, but seldom incentivated any fighting, at the requests of Shinsuke's mother, his wife. Shinsuke would practice fighting all by himself, by imitating the heroes he saw on TV and going for more dangerous stunts outside the house. He would often return with a bruise or two, which earned him quite the scolding sometimes, but he would keep at it, and still does. Fortunately for him, he has yet to run into any real trouble or villanous people.

[/tab][tab=Hero Information][/tab][/tabs]

Last edited:
"YES! RED LIKE PASSION, HE RIDES ON A SUNBEAM! YES! TREMBLE VILLAIN SCUM! LIKE A PURGE FROM THE SKY, I SHALL... uh... no, no... It needs more oomph... Yes, more oomph."

Name: Shinsuke Ichimaru

Nickname(s): Bakamaru, Shin for closer friends

Chosen Extra Class: (Mentoring, General Studies or Support)

Appearance:

View attachment 361511

[media]

• Personality

Most of the times, if not all the time, Shinsuke is loud and over dramatic. When not in the spotlight, he can quite lax and minds his own business, however, at the call of his name, at a dare thrown at him, at the slightest chance to shine, Shinsuke will puff his chest and face whatever may come, in a loud and obnoxious to most way.

He admires charismatic heroes more than anyone, but regrets lacking a flashy ability, so he makes up for it with his over the top presence and reckless behaviour. His courage can be admired, but his common sense could use some improvement

Despite being slightly egocentric, Shinsuke loves, and lives, to help others (even if only to get praise afterwards), be it with studying, emotional support, carrying groceries or saving the world. He also has a tendency to crush very easily on girls, making him an easy target for manipulation. He got his heart broken many times, but the sight of another pretty girl is enough to make him feel better.

Shinsuke is a very proud person, and not easily shook down, he rarely gives mind to those who mock his ways. He tries his best to push back his feelings when hurt, but it's easy to tell when he's feeling down or sad, even with his helmet. However, he often refuses help. To him, those are hardships that he has to face on his own.

Overall, Shinsuke is a gutsy, scrappy son of a gun, who won't give up easily (or won't give up at all) and is willing to work very very hard to reach his goals.

Likes: Mask Valentine, rock music, chocolate pudding, pretty girls

Dislikes: Wool sweaters, arrogant people, hot days, being laughed at

Fears :To be forgotten by his peers, jellyfish

Mannerisms

- He likes to yell "YES!", in English, whenever replying to someone, or if he feels that it is appropriate. It's usually not appropriate.

- When not doing anything, he mumbles to himself and discretely practices posing and speeches. A rather odd sight when seen from afar.

Relationships

- Shinsuke is very close with his mom and dad, ho love him to no end as well.

- Shinsuke likes to THINK he is close with a lot of girls. He is not.

- Despite being quite the oddball, Shinsuke is friends with most people, and quite popular, for both good and bad reasons.

Backstory

Shinsuke's life is not far from the average life of a kid in the city. He lived with his parents in a modest house, and never really had any particular trouble growing up. He took a liking to heroes the moment he laid eyes on them, as a kid, and, like most people, his admiration for All Might was unbound, but there was no hero he respected and admired more that his own father, Sousuke Ichimaru.

Under the name of Mask Valentine, Sousuke gained popularity for his charisma, flashiness in combat, and his bright mask that he wore at all times. To him, the mask was a sacred symbol that made him, in his own words 'a hero, in the purest shape and form', for he was known in no other form. Due to a grave injury, 7 years ago, he was forced to retire his duties, Shinsuke was 9 at the time this happened.

Sousuke was often away from home, due to increasing hero business, so despite being sad for his injury, Shinsuke was also happy that he would get to spend time with his father, now that he was a dedicated family man, and most importantly, because he could ask him for hero training.

Sousuke loved his boy, and was happy to give him some tips on how to be a great hero, but seldom incentivated any fighting, at the requests of Shinsuke's mother, his wife. Shinsuke would practice fighting all by himself, by imitating the heroes he saw on TV and going for more dangerous stunts outside the house. He would often return with a bruise or two, which earned him quite the scolding sometimes, but he would keep at it, and still does. Fortunately for him, he has yet to run into any real trouble or villanous people.

[tab=Hero Information][/tab]

Please add a WIP tag on top if your chracter is not yet complete

Users who are viewing this thread

Back