• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Boku No Hero Academia!

Writingel

You Must Be Out of this World
Introduction

Hey all! I made an old thread about BNHA a long while ago, and it wasn't particularly refined, so I figured I'd just go ahead and make a new one with a bit more detail. I'm not totally caught up on the series, but I've been reading it daily, and will likely be caught up with the anime itself in short order: if nothing else, I've been exposed to far more characters than my initial thread made it seem, and am eager to explore either them, the world they inhabit, or both! As a side note: OCs are welcomed as well, because I think that the setting allows a lot of room for them (80% of the world has a Quirk, right?), and because I liked seeing what other people come up with.

Some short rules, just to get them out of the way, even if I consider myself to be a largely laid back person:
1. No smut, because I'm not really about that life
2. I don't mind dark themes, in fact, I'll readily embrace them, but that doesn't mean I enjoy making things gorey and/or depressing for the sake of
3. Romance is cool with me
4. I'd prefer a reply at least once a day, though this can largely be negotiated since I understand most people aren't no-lives like me: OOC chatter I'm good with whenever, and love just talking over things with people!
5. Related to four, I quite like hearing other folks' ideas, so please, go ahead and tell me what's bouncing around in your head!

Now, while I'm absolutely fine with just spitballing ideas between us until we settle on a firm plotline, I also have come up with several ideas of my own, just to use as a starting point. Feel free to pick and choose which ones you'd like, and suggest anything else you'd like to add to them!

Ideas

1. Mutant
Okay, basically, this setting is largely the same as the original, with one big exception: any Quirks that heavily alter the appearance of their user are looked down upon, and they are treated as a subclass of Quirk users, being called mutants. Anything beyond growing a tail, or perhaps an extra limb, results in these people and their family being shunned by society, and looked down upon. While we can use any characters for this regardless of their own appearances, I myself will likely be using Mina Ashido, as I just find she doesn't do too much in the original story. For your part, while I imagine either Tsuyu or Jiro working well in tandem, again, anyone could work!

Regarding the actual storyline, I think it'd center around Mina finding out about a sanctuary for mutants such as herself, and fleeing there with the aid of someone, only to find themselves constantly facing those prejudice towards people with Quirks like hers. This one could definitely lean towards the darker side of things, but I still feel like there's a lot of potential for optimism, hope, and a general theme of friendship.

2. Hero Killer
A relatively simplistic one. In essence, this one would lean more into a murder-mystery scenario. I'd kinda prefer if this involved Pro Heroes, just because I think they don't quite get the attention they should. As for the story, it's pretty self-explanatory: someone is going around slaughtering heroes and innocents alike. Thus, a small team (or even just a single pair of) heroes are set up to try and pursue whoever is going around causing this problem. I myself would probably play Mirko, though honestly this idea itself can open up to being a cast made up of mostly OCs if we choose to go that route.

3. Traitor
Picking up primarily based off the traitor storyline that, this one could go either way, that being the aftermath of them selling out UA, or perhaps having an internal conflict about whether they should or shouldn't due to a growing bond with another student. Though this might sound like a romantic set-up (and it could be, if we wanna take it there), this could also simply be a story about a platonic friendship between two people, and how it directly impacts the would-be traitor as they struggle to try and make sense of their morals.

If, alternatively, we go with the option that UA was successfully sold out, then we very well could explore a world in which the school fell, public faith in them (and, as a result, heroes by and large) fell, and the League of Villains growing in strength and public opinion due to their victory in bringing down one of the top schools from the inside-out. Really, both options are interesting to me, and could be taken a wide variety of ways!

4. Alien
Okay, so this one'll probably involve an OC unlesd we change a canon character, but I figured we could lean more heavily into the sci-fi aspect of BNHA, and have an alien be a member of the main cast. Perhaps, to make it even stranger, the alien itself develops a Quirk at some point? We could even throw in some cosmic world-building at some point, if we wanted.

5. Alternate Universes
In general, this one I'm gonna use to spitball ideas I have in general, but don't have a particularly set storyline like the Mutant ones listed above (seeing as only one could possibly exist within the realm of canon, at least where I'm at in the story right now).

Listing them rather quickly, we have an obligatory one wherein Izuku is born with a Quirk, and how exactly it may impact the story. I have several ideas for Quirks that he may have, either gained from his parents, or just developing his own, but I would also like to hear yours! Alternatively, he may not have a Quirk, but lean closer to his concept prior to the manga's publication, that being a Quirkless wonder who instead relies upon technology and gadgets to win his encounters.

Another is a fantasy world, one we could toy with in regards to how powers work: do people still retain their Quirks, or does it lean more easily into traditional fantasy, with magic and artifacts instead? BNHA also has a wide cast, so this could easily turn itself into a long-term storyline if we wish.

Honestly, I know those aren't particularly grand ideas, and there's only two of them, but I figured I'd still put them out there. I'll probably update this list with other ideas if I have any further ones, so keep an eye out!

6. Other Ideas
Unlike the one above, this one isn't about big grand changes to the world and its mechanics, or its characters, or anything large: they're mostly just loose ideas in my head I wouldn't mind playing around with, either just as a short-term thing between us, or even as a bigger project if we get particularly attached to them.

I like the idea of a road trip type story. Not necessarily just everyone cramming into a van and going, but perhaps a threat that causes the characters to travel all over the world, or at least all over a particularly large area. I can see this working naturally with most ideas above, particularly the Mutant one, as well as the Hero Killer.

In my previous thread, one idea I gave was setting a story within a different country than Japan, and I still wouldn't mind doing that. I gave America as an example, because, well, that's a culture I'm familiar with, but I wouldn't mind doing other areas or the world: I just probably wouldn't have the best grasp initially of how I could see it playing out. Either way, some world-building with a fresh cast of characters made by us is something I'm always happy with, so I'm still down for it.

While not necessarily a full-fledged idea in and of itself, I wouldn't mind a story centered around the side cast some more. I really like the idea of exploring them and giving them more character - what I mean by side cast is basically anyone who isn't Izuku, Todoroki, or Bakugo. I don't really have a problem with these characters, and I'm cool with them being used in every idea listed above if that's your fancy, but I always see everyone decide to play them, and not give enough attention to some characters who are, in my opinion, lacking in the same treatment.

A cool thought I had was Quirk exploration. What this means is kinda open-ended and a loaded idea, but that's just how I want it. In essence, this is a story through which we explore the nature of Quirks, what they are, how they may change or mutate or otherwise develop, and other things. The cast can be either original or canon, but most of the plot will be centered around situations that involve the examination of Quirks themselves.

As per usual, this section will be updated as I think of more ideas and plans, so keep those eyes peeled.

Characters

Anybody, really. I feel comfortable playing most characters, so there isn't any problem there. If I wind up not being so comfortable, I'll probably just say so, so don't worry about that, either!

Shipping

Romance I tend to view as a nice bonus, not necessarily an obligation of the stories we tell. That said, as above, I'm pretty chill with most things - though concerningly large age gaps are... not cool. Abusive or otherwise unhappy relationships are fine if they serve a purpose for the storyline or a character's development, but I'm not really eager to act out a pretty terrible living situation for everyone involved just because.

So really, just kinda keep it cool, and keep it calm. I've clarified above romance is cool but not needed, and as long as it doesn't involve smut I probably won't see a problem with putting any two characters together - as long as they have reason to be. No ass-pulling, please!

Conclusion
I got sick of making a medium-sized thread every time I wanted to put a request out, so I'll probably just maintain this from here on out. With everything said and done, I'm open for pretty much anything at all times, so don't ever be shy. Shoot me a message and tell me which ideas you wanna do.

Though I should say right now, just because they're listed up there, those aren't at all the only things I'm willing to do. I have a lot of half-baked ideas I'm still trying to make work into something, and I absolutely love collaborative writing, so if you got any you want to try with me, please, give me a heads-up! I'm willing to try most stories and plots, and while I didn't really list much OC-based content, that's just because they could reasonably be inserted into any of the ones I listed above, not to mention how easy it'll be for us to craft our own storyline around our own characters.

So yeah, if you feel like roleplaying some BNHA, hit me up, and we can probably make something cool happen!​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back