Bogged Down in Balaggan Port

Jarko "Frostfur" Belfonte
bear_warrior_by_zgfisher-d3a3ax1.jpg
The wind blew in vain across Jarko's broad, furred chest as he stood at the prow of the small merchant vessel now pulling into Balaggan Port. So after all this time, all the jobs and mercenary work and hard labor, this was the island he would purchase his ship on. This was where his crew of adventurers began, hm? He helped tie the ship to the dock and accepted his pay for another body guard job done and over with. With that he went his own way into town, fortunate in that all he owned was able to be fit in a single backpack over his shoulder. Though he was likely to change that when he purchased a ship and had the space to put new things. However first he had to find the merchant who would accept the voucher Jarko was given. He was looking for an older man with a red eyepatch....

Well he didn't have to find him right away at least. He had the time free now that he was not on a job, perhaps he should take a look around. There was plenty of new things to see on each island he arrived on after all. Hell, this whole ocean was a new experience for him. He was shocked at how truly different everything was down here on the Blue Sea. Even the air was different, which has come with its own set of complications and required adaption. Another thing is in this "West Blue" as they call it almost no one has apparently seen minks before. People find themselves shocked or frightened with a mere glance of Jarko's huge frame. Which in all honesty did not insult him at all, but it did come as a surprise to him.

As he left the port he walked by a couple homes before the market place. Outside one was a small human girl sitting at a table. Atop the table sat a pitcher full of a yellow liquid that smelled both sweet and sour to him from here. At first Jarko was afraid the girl would fear him, as many humans do upon seeing him. However, the girl seemed only to grow more happy and excited when he drew near. "Hey mister! Mister! You're a bear! All that fur must make you hot, would you like some lemonade?" The little girl hurriedly poured a cup of the yellow liquid and offered it to him.

"Lemon aid? How would a lemon aid me if I was hot? Is this a herbal drink of your people?" Jarko leaned down and gripped the offered cup between his thumb and pointer. Lifting the cup curiously to his nose he sniffed it more deeply. It had a pleasant enough scent that promised a nice sour kick to it. He liked strong sour or spicy foods. They thicken your chest fur as his mother would say. He poured the cup of liquid into his mouth and delighted in the tightening of his jaw from its sourness. "Ahh, that is very good." He set the cup very gently back on the girls table with an open mouthed sign of appreciation. "Thank you child, that was very refreshing actually."

The little girl giggled and put the cup in a little trash can by her feet. "That's lemonade, sir. It's a drink made from lemons and sugar that people drink when it's hot to feel cool and happy. I'm happy you liked it!" She swung her feet happily and bobbed her head side to side. "That's ten berry, please!"

Jarko's mouth made an O for a moment, having forgotten that the young girl was likely selling the drink. He reached into his backpack and retrieved five hundred berry. He put it on the table and the girls eyes widened to the size of saucers. "I would like the whole pitcher, please!" She nodded enthusiastically and he picked up the pitcher and downed the whole delicious thing in one go. Setting the pitcher back down carefully he grinned at the girl. "Thank you for the delicious drink, young one. I hope your next customers treat you well!" He turned to leave as the girls father came out of their house with two more pitchers, only to stare agape at the bear man walking away and his excited daughter who now swore she was rich! A good start in Jarko's opinion!

Kimiko of the Blossom

If she was honest, Kimiko was lost on how to feel as the bear sized shark man thing person completely missed her jokes. She didn't even get the ultimate compliment for them, the age old accolade for puns as it was; "Shut the fuck up." It was completely disheartening for the five seconds it lingered in her mind before she ultimately just decided that she'd need to find a new recipient for her jokes.

As as she thought that, sure enough the little koi fish spoke up. In fact, despite his more reserved posture, that of a learning warrior caught in the act of disobedience back home, he gave a couple chuckles before speaking, something of which Kimiko was pleased with. Making others smile was something the enjoyed. Taking notice that the koi fish had looked over her garb before he asked her where she got what she was wearing.

A very non-specific question. One that wasn't helped as the larger man spoke again, clearly misunderstanding as he spoke of her breasts which, by all right should have offended her more than it did but the big guy seemed like he was... well, something of some sort. It actually made her smile a bit in relief, realising that she was less of a fish out of water than the man-fish out of water before her. Letting the man-fish finish explaining that they were likely going to be heading out, and offering to let her tag along.

As he began to gather his things to go Kimiko stood and gave a short bow to the one called 'Tab', introducing herself and answering the young man's question, "All of my clothes are from my family, on an island elsewhere. Nice place if you get past all the infighting among the people. I'm Ki- er, call me Rabbit, actually, pleasure to meet you. Tab, was it? Anyhow, I suppose it won't hurt to accompany you two. Seems like a whale of a time compared to here. Just one thing I need to do before we go. You might want to join your friend if you aren't a big conflict fan."

With a sure fire grin Kimiko straightened out from her greeting and dropped her left hand to Mamoru while her right tossed enough beli to buy a crate full of new glasses onto the bar. Giving a quick apologetic look to the bartender, Mamoru snaked out of it's loop and lashed out, slipping right under the base of a half empty spit-mug on the bar and flicking out sending the glass ware hurtling through the air, miraculously not spilling any of the dip-spit inside as it soared. On target, the glass struck the table right in front of the hunter that had been giving Tab the stink eye shattering and showering the man in the glasses contents.

"How's that then , some dip-spit for the dip-shit."

With a smile and a sharp laugh Kimiko readied herself for the oncoming explosive reaction.

Solemn Jester Solemn Jester
Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool

Nerissa hummed happily as she walked from store to store, buying whatever she thought her pirate friends would like. Everything she thought they'd need on the Grand Line according to the shop vendors. The marine ship the Red Ribbons had commandeered had a lot to sell, so money wasn't really an issue for the moment. Yet, there was no denying that Nerissa's portion was rapidly decreasing the longer she stayed in Balaggan Port. From log poses to obscure plant seeds that the vendors assured her would provide vital protection against the harsh weathers of the Grand Line, each purchase she made was being carried by her Tiger Shark Pirate companion. The heaviest was the large fish aquarium she'd bought containing various "magical" friends, and yet, the redhead didn't seem to mind the weight, lifting the tank with one arm while his other carried the rest of her purchases. In return for carrying her items to the Red Ribbon ship, she promised to allow him to do his way with her hair. It was no lost to her, after all. Besides, with the wanted posters she'd found of herself, a change of appearance might be nice. She hoped Tristan got creative.

"Oooh, I think Ed said her favorite color was turquoise!"
Stopping at the display that caught her eyes, Nerissa felt the fabric. "How lovely it'll look on Ed~"

1357de84c4f4a314847f4805de199eaf.jpg

"Ed?" Tristan chuckled. "Sound's like a male's name."

"No, Ed is a girl."
Nerissa corrected absentmindedly. She was about to ask the store vendor what the price of the dress was when a sudden crash drew her attention. A nearby toy stand had been shattered to pieces. Curious, Nerissa walked over to the scene. Wasabi was the first one she recognized. She was about to greet the Red Ribbon chef, when she spotted another male she recognized. It felt like years since she had seen him on Mirestone, though it really couldn't have been that long. Whether he recognized her or not was of little consequence. She recognized him and, while she was surprised by his presence, his aggressive nature wasn't new to her. She looked from the frightened man to the angry one with the large hammer.

"You shouldn't break things just because you don't like them."
Nerissa said, stepping between the vendor and Roy Volantis, just in case the pirate decided that more violence was necessary to absolve his rage at...whatever he was raging at. She looked him unflinchingly in the eyes. "Aquarius wouldn't approve."

Nearby, Tristan had an annoyed expression on his face, but whether it was at Nerissa or the man with the hammer, it was hard to say.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock
CelticHero37 CelticHero37

Hanarei Hanarei Sugary_Paragraphs Sugary_Paragraphs shadowdude505 shadowdude505 simj26 simj26
Keya Fenris
Keya watched the small conversation between the three, truth be told if none of them wanted the omelette she'd happily eat it herself. She didn't discriminate against food...except mushrooms. Those she didn't like too well depending on how they were cooked. But everything else she'd eat until her small stomach couldn't hold anymore, which when you got down to it she ate quite a bit for her size. Nonetheless she giggled as it seemed the lady with the staff was upset at having the apology gift passed on to her. For the most part Keya stayed silent and simply observed, mostly Yummy, the afro man was pretty amusing after all and far too overly dramatic. Though that only made it funnier of course.

Soon enough Cait walked up to the blind girl speaking about a navigation job. Now this, this is what confused Keya. Now it wasn't very hard at all to do that by any means but this was entirely different. Last she checked you needed sight to read and chart maps, and well, generally navigate a ship. Annd well...this woman lacked sight entirely. She didn't entirely show it of course, no she moved around and such quite well for someone with her impairment. It was just...well...moving on land was a lot different than on the sea. One wrong step on a ship and you'd find yourself in the ocean. One wrong direction and you stood a good chance of crashing the ship on a coral reef.

Nonetheless...this was quite the serious issue indeed. Mostly because it was the ship she was on getting a blind navigator. That now said....it could be pretty fun! What was the worse that could happen shy of death? The small dwarf would soon clear her throat as loudly as possible, "So uhhh...is...anyone gonna eat the omelette or..?" She asked, looking between everyone. She was unaware if anyone even noticed she had been sitting on the barrel this entire time. After all, she was tiny and easy to miss. So it was very possible she went unnoticed.

Echo Ekko

As soon as Echo had hit the water she was in a panic, swimming was not exactly her strong suit. Luckily someone had dived in the water after her and the poor soul she pushed down with her. She was dragged out of the water but then her rescuer focused on the other person. Coughing out some water she caught her breath and shook her head, shaking some of the water off. Bending her back she brought her head closer to her feet. Using her feet as hands she grabbed onto the goggles over her eyes and tilted them away from her face allowing some water to spill out of them before returning them to their original position.

She then focused on attempting to stand, easy enough right? Wrong. Her huge wings and legs meant for hanging upside down rather than standing right side up made the task alarmingly difficult without something for her to grab onto. Wobbling, she managed to get herself into almost an upright position.

"A-a-a-a-a-a BAT GIRL?!"

The sudden exclamation caused her balance to falter and she toppled back to the ground. Her ears were suddenly filled with multiple voices speaking the word “cool”. Finally looking over at the men near her, her eyes rested upon a man with white hair who was staring at her with astonishment. “U-uhh, hello!” She greeted awkwardly waving one of her giant winged hands from her seated position.

She noted that both of the men before her were soaking wet. She vaguely recognized the dark haired man as the one she knocked into the water. So the white haired one must be the one that saved her, right? “Hey, thanks for uh, getting me out of the water….n’ stuff. Sorry you had to pull me out and uh, sorry you had to pull HIM out and Oh! Sorry I knocked you into the water in the first place! I just, I got so excited! I wasn’t watching where I was going and - well, someone said the word “artifact” and I like artifacts so I was like “HEY I should go see what it is” but you know I can’t exactly see very well and uh well then I was flying too fast and couldn’t stop and hit you then we got the falling into the water thing again and ya…..I’m sorry…..again….Uhhh…..I know this is kinda like...weird but….c-could you help me stand up….by chance….just wondering….I kinda….am having trouble here….hehe….” She smiled awkwardly at the men in front of her. “OH, I’m uh, Echo...by the way. Who are you? …… Also… have you seen a Hyena by chance? He should be around here...somewhere...hopefully….heh.” Echo felt like she was talking herself into a deeper and deeper hole, just rambling on and on. Hopefully this guy would help her out...he DID just rescue her from the water after all.

AllHailDago AllHailDago Chak Chak

Anjellyka Marinus

Although the man Zambini had been doing his best to comfort her Anjellyka still was both worries and curious as to what her newfound friends were up to. Turning her head to look at the door to the shop she saw them fumble in one by one. Kate walked into the shop first carrying the poor victim of her own deadly venom. She carried the unconscious body all on her own using only two of her four arms. She was so strong, Anjellyka was quite jealous of it actually.

Next came Jayjay, the only person so far that Anjellyka has seen be immune to her venom. Running around at his feet were Thing who seemed rather unhappy for some reason, and some small furry creature. She hadn’t seen that before right? Was that new? Did Jayjay always have a little animal running around? She couldn’t remember.

With a deep breath Anjellyka collected herself and got up from her seat, making her way toward the group. “I-I’m sorry.” She blurted out, quickly turning her face to the floor. “I-I hope that t-the kid’s okay.” Her voice was rather apologetic and solemn. “I never meant- I-I hoped this wouldn’t happen...again…” She trailed off glancing around the room quickly to look at anything but the faces of those she talked to.

Her eyes rested upon the man with which she had just been speaking to and spied an opportunity to change the subject. “T-this is Zambini, by the way.” She introduced innocently. “He’s nice.” she added.

It grew silent for a moment allowing her to notice that the crashing sounds that she had been hearing earlier had yet to cease even though her friends were no longer outside. “Those noises are pretty loud. Do you think someone else is throwing stuff outside now?” She wondered to no one in particular.

thatonespacytallgirl thatonespacytallgirl Phayne Phayne Felix Felix CelticHero37 CelticHero37

Last edited:

"Sharktooth Fin & Tabemono The Beast Child"
d501e0a34a3080f93dfa27ba87bdd1c65459a700a54750f849cbe03b997c71c0_1.jpg
20141011153039425.jpg

"The Beast Child" found himself taken back for a moment, not once had he ever knew a stranger to act so pleasant around him, even as he thought back to the time when he and Fin had first met on Kappakashi even back then, he’d never witnessed anything quite like...This. Even as Kimiko bowed to Tabemono in greeting, he had been taken back and not even realizing the quick dashing step back he made to Fin who was close behind him. Half expecting she might be pulling out some unexpected surprise at any moment. It was when she spoke of her kimono that truly made Tabemono intrigued, so much so he didn’t speak at all for a few moments afterward - instead of hanging his head down in a sort of contemplating manner, asking himself questions that he had perhaps never asked himself before. “Family...Island somewhere…” he said to himself slow-like as though thinking aloud, one thing stook out for him however - he didn’t know what ‘family’ meant. He stopped paying attention to his surroundings, turning the next half of what Kimiko said to him into nothing but muffled background sounds in his mind. Not even noticing the fact she had quickly left to the bar, and was eager to start some trouble in the pub. “Family...Island somewhere..” Tabemono repeated to himself, oblivious to his surroundings...

The Hunter who had earlier been left in quite the gruntled state by the rude child who walked away from his speech about one of his most prized hunted possessions in the pub, and since that he mostly kept to himself and a few of his other hunting buddies at his table, eyeing down the boy and thinking to himself ‘That boy is up to something….What kind of kid hangs out with company like that? A fishman? You’ve got to be kidding me..’. He made sure to keep a close eye on the boy, and now another oddly dressed woman that gave off the impression she was a swordsman of sorts had started communicating with the fishman and weird kid. Now he KNEW something was up, he couldn’t quite make out what they were saying but at the end of their little 'conversation', ‘More like the planning of pillagers!!’ the hunter thought to himself but he could of sworn that he caught the most terrifying glance he ever saw from a lady from the woman dressed in red attire. Barely being able to maintain eye contact as the woman walked over to the bar and bought a crate full of glasses, he never spotted the first half-full spit-mug come hurling towards him and smacking right across his face, the spit landing all over his leather jacket and then before he knew it he spotted a whole crate of glasses come crashing on their table, the glass shattering all over their bench, drinks, ashtrays and his hunter buddies and none of them were happy about the sentiments one bit.

“HEY WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING LADY!?!” one of the hunters said as they all started getting out of their chairs “YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST COME IN HERE AND DO THAT TO US!? YOU KNOW WHO WE ARE?” and then in a fit of pure rage one of them picked up a chair and hurled it back towards the lady near the bar counter - and igniting a riot within the pub as other figures inside started getting up from their chairs and tables and hurling glasses, chairs and themselves at each other. The three hunters who were still covered in glass managed to forcefully shove and trip their way through the crowd of people fighting each other with bare hands or whatever small object they can find closest to them. The one covered in spit was the first to make it through and he spotted the lady, but not before one of his friends hurled another chair towards them - probably hoping to hit the lady or anyone else, besides the very person he hit which was the gargantuan, buzzed, ill tempered fishman, and the spit covered hunter was there to witness it, lost in utter terror of what he knew was about to begin and in sheer desperation, grabbed another chair and hurled it towards his way as well “TAKE THAT YOU STUPID FISH!”

Fin was happily about to exit the pub. Probably the first time he'd had a trip to a pub with any issues in a while. He was glad he didn't have to work off his booze. That being his main concern. The fishman may have enjoyed a good fight, but actual work was so boring. Fin was glad kimiko decided to tag along, although this was mainly due to him having more opportunities to flirt with her. Her sudden request for them to wait barely reached Fin. His mind had reached a state of fuzziness that caused him to miss most important things. He wasn't drunk just yet, but he was definitely buzzed. Highly thanks to the generous strangers help. Of course this would last unless Fin continued to drink, luckily he had filled up his new canister before heading out. He watched as Kimiko tossed a spit jar at the hunter who had been staring at them thus far. Fin couldn't help but crack a smile, the fiery liquid dripping down his maw as a result.”Heh, this gals got some fire in her. I think she may be good for more than just a tussle in the sheets.” Of course before he could go into any ridiculous daydreams of the two battling one another in nothing but their birthday suits he felt a sudden thud on his head. He pulled away his canister, replacing the top and storing it away for later. He then looked around to see what had hit him. After a few seconds of searching his beady eyes stopped on the chair, he then noticed the Hunter. Who was standing up, and suddenly looking rather nervous. Fins foggy, and honestly clueless expression stayed on his face for a moment. Then suddenly his expression turned aggressive as everything seemed to finally click in his murky mind. He was prepared to leave before things got messy, not wanting to cause any trouble. It wasn't often he got to leave, well anywhere on a good note. But all hope for a peaceful exit faded away when the hunter continued his assault. This time adding an insult. Fin watched as the chair came towards him, then in one sudden move raised his fist, and slammed it hard into the chair. Sending it flying into piece, and leaving a clear view of his snarling monstrous express.”Cuda lef et at dat ya kno. Ai wud have taken meh belongins an lef. But yeh had ta pile it on,” he said as he slowly approached the hunter his eyes locked onto him.”Yer biggest mirstake wasn hittin me wit tha chair. Uhuh, nah. See im use ta bein hit wit stuff, dealt wit it mah whole life. Yer biggest mirstake was insultin me.” As he said this he was now towering over the Hunter, his pitch black eyes glaring down at the man. He lifted him by the shirt, and up to his face. Baring all his razor sharp teeth for the hunter to see.”No, aye’ll ya dis one time, an ah one tyme only! I'mma bleedin FISHMAN!! NOT A DAMN FISH!” He roared directly into the hunters face, his breath smelling strongly of booze, and raw flesh. He then tossed the man up, and struck him with of his strength than usual while yelling.”Hyakumaigawara Seiken!” The hunter would soon find himself a trophy on the pub wall as well. Due to Fin punching him so hard he became indented in the wall. Only his head sticking out like one of his mounted animal heads. Fin then turned to his buddies.”Any en else care ta tussle?” He asked a dangerous light to his eyes.

Of course this glint disappeared once he realized there was already a full blown bar brawl going on around him. He sighed heavily, noticing most people where ignoring him besides the few hunters trembling before him. Either out of fear, or just being caught up in battle, they had chosen to avoid Fin.”Heh, aight den! Wanna lemme outta de fun and games! I waz gonna be a gud lil fishman! But yeh gone and done it now! Raaah! Fishman POWA!!!!” He roared as he charged into the crowd of fighting bar patrons. Swinging his massive arms and taking out several victims at a time. All the while laughing with glee, he himself having completely forgotten his plan to leave the bar, and find a ride out.

(This was a collaboration post done by Solemn Jester Solemn Jester & Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool )
(Interacting with Chak Chak ; Kimiko of The Blossom)
(Color Code - Sharktooth Fin, Tabemono, Nyan & Nameless NPC's)

Last edited:
jayjay-banner-jpg.385968

Jayjay entered the shop. He was mentally tired of the stressful events, first his legs and then the kid. He barely took notice of the shop interior or of Thing. The comfy seats looked very tempting, but he had to put his patients needs before his own now. He sighed: "Put the kid in one of those chairs and make sure they do not get the chance to hurt themselves when they start to have bad reactions again." He know it sounded a bit bossy, but he was too tired to care.

Thing, on the other hand, was as energetic as he could be. All his instincts were screaming to get his friends out. Nobody seemed to listen to him though. Except the ferret, but that was not much help either. He had already loosened his grip on Jayjays leg. That probably wouldn't have done much anyways. Now he was frantically looking for a way to be heard.

"You don't have to apologize Anjellyka" Jayjay said. "This is just part of who you are and something you have to learn to live with. Telling you to not be poisonous is like telling me not to smell. Even if I tried I would still fail. This is probably not the last time it happens, so don't say it won't. Next time we will just be ready when it comes. I can make a bigger batch of antidote and maybe look into a more permanent solution. In the mean time you can try to learn how not to get touched. We are here for-"

"is clear to me. This is concerning doubly" Thing had gotten himself to a place where he could be seen and had pressed the button on one of the conch logs from the researcher.

"Thing!" Jayjay shouted, clearly appalled. "What a horrible thing to say to such a nice lady! Apologize to her this instant!" Thing looked confused. What was his friend talking about. And then he understood. He face palmed and turned to Anjellyka to make some apologizing gestures. At least he had their attention now. He turned back to Jayjay and started pointing to Zambini and making frustrated gestures. Jayjay looked, but was not listening. "Enough of this. First the lady and now mister Zambini? I don't like the way your acting today." He grabbed Thing and put him in his travelling box. "And only come out when you've learned your lesson." Thing knocked loudly on the lid, but he sensed that Jayjay wouldn't listen. Oh, what a terrible thing had he gotten himself into again! "So, where were we? Food?"

DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Phayne Phayne thatonespacytallgirl thatonespacytallgirl

Last edited:
Kimiko of the Blossom

The young swordswoman grinned exuberantly as chaos very, very, very quickly ensued throughout the bar. The hunters, incised by her actions as they should have been responded quickly, though oddly, as they went for Fin first. Despite this she did, however, still have to dodge an incoming chair. Letting it shatter on the bar Kimiko readied herself for any hint of a challenge, but quickly, and frustratingly, found that many simply ignored or looked over her. It was insulting to say the least, but that was fine because it meant that, once seeing her target, she had little trouble making her way towards it.

On the other side of the bar, groaning and grimacing in agony as he pulled himself from the wall, was the main hunter. Using the wall and one of his companions aid as braces he struggled to his feet and quickly started making his way towards the door, clearly wanting nothing to do with the voracious Fishman that was lording over the bar fight.

Crossing the bar quickly but carefully as she ducked, dodged and weaved through the fray Kimiko watched as the dipspit and thoroughly rattled hunter made his way towards the door, clearly intent on trying to escape. Not about to let the bastard who'd thrown a chair at her escape, she put on a burst of speed and rushed forward and rammed into the hunter that was holding Mr. Dipspit up. The man she struck, off balance as he was, went clean through a window.

Mr. Dipspit looked on incredulously as his companion was knocked through the window, and upon realisation as to what had just happened growled furiously. While he had no intent on fighting the shark, the girl that had started it all was another matter entirely, that is, until he realised she still held a blade. Opting out quickly, the man called for aid before leaping out the broken window.

Watching her intended prey attempt to run Kimiko was about to follow after him when she heard footsteps behind her. Jumping back a step she watched as a hunter plowed right into the wall before her. With a smirk, she turned to the direction of two other footsteps and found herself faced with a pair of men wielding makeshift bludgeons. Assessing her surroundings, she cocked a grin and nodded towards the window.

"Follow me outside, would you? Much more room outside."

Using the man that had just struck the wall as a launch board, Kimiko's legs powered her through the window and outside, where she landed with a roll. Coming to her feet easily enough, she came up standing, facing Mr. Dipspit.

"I suppose you couldn't escape after all. Throwing that chair was certainly something I couldn't take sitting down," she laughed, even as the three other hunters came through the window. Casting a look back her surefire grin grew ever wider, "Aww, and here I thought the Shark person was friendly, but here I am with four men all for myself. Truly I'm flattered."

With a roar of frustration, likely at having been made a fool of twice now by the girl, the man that had hit the wall earlier barged forward, swinging a bludgeon made from a broken bar stool leg wildly. Sidestepping the man easily Kimiko left a leg out and felt his foot collide with her ankle. The man's momentum took him right through the air before crashing down thunderously into the dirt between her and Mr. Dipspit. Kimiko just watched incredulously.

"Really? That worked? What are you, bl-"

Alerted by a shout as Mr. Dipspit charged, as well as hearing footsteps behind her Kimiko finally readied herself for proper combat as she assessed the scene. Behind her came forth one of the bludgeon brandishing blaggards, and from the front Mr. Dipspit pulled a dagger and charged. Before she could even formulate a defensive plan a chair leg soared past her, missing spectacularly at finding it's intended target and nearly clubbing Mr. Dipspit in the head. As he focused on ducking out of the way he stumbled over the man Kimiko had first tripped, sending him sprawling forth and the dagger he held right over the girl's head. A howl of anguish caused her to spin around quickly, and her incredulity only grew as she saw the man charging her from behind had suffered the falling dagger to have landed right in his foot.

As he hopped about and howled furiously he lobbed his own truncheon in pain and anger before falling over. Rubbing her eyes with a hand, even as her iaito rested in her left hand, Kimiko looked up and set her eyes on the last hunter who was now eyeing her nervously. Taking a step forward Kimiko raised her iaito to the 'ready' stance and prepared for the last man's assault only to have him spin around and try to run, only to suffer a one in a million chance on stepping on the impromptu weapon his companion had just thrown aside. The rounded chair leg rolled beneath the man and sent him flying into the air, coming down hard and smacking his head against the porch of the bar, knocking him clean out.

Tossing her hands to the sky up in complete and utter disbelief and frustration Kimiko sheathed her iaiato in disappointment as she turned to the stunned crowd of passersby that had stopped.

"OH COME ON!" storming over to the nearest stunned shopper, Kimiko put and arm around them and pointed at the downed hunters, "You saw that right? I threw dipspit on that one dipshit and I didn't even get a proper fight out of it. All that work and the stupid Shark guy I just met inside got all the fun! Must be nice mister Shark guy! How is that fair in any way?!"

As she raged just a bit she couldn't help but let mirth enter her voice and found herself laughing just seconds later. To be honest, it really was just a little funny. How could the team of hunters truly be so incompetent? Rolling her eyes the girl let out an expressive and resigned sigh.

"Oh well, I suppose today's just not my day for a good fight, just a vacation. Get it? Because they had a nice trip? I got to see them next fall? No one? Just me?"

Walking halfway back to the bar there was a sudden commotion behind her and the crowds parted and heavy footsteps resounded behind her. Looking over her shoulder, a man looked down at Mr. Dispit in anger before he turned to the crowds and demanded to know who'd done this to his younger brother, swearing on his name as a pirate that he was going to skin them alive.
68040a4614bda9481e3dd4e744effaa559bef7a8_hq.jpg
Stopping immediately Kimiko spoke once more, hoping she'd finally found her fight.

"Is that a promise?"

Turning around and letting her hand fall to Mamoru once more in anticipation.

"If so, then you're the fight I wanted, not whatever these idiots had to offer."

Walking over about ten feet, feeling the man's eyes bore into her the whole way, Kimiko made sure she'd moved to where they could fight without the buffoons from earlier under foot and nodded to herself. Drawing Mamoru and readying herself, she called out to her opponent.

"I'm Rabbit. Just don't trip on the trash on your way over."

Lunging forward while roaring, the man offered no name as he charged Kimiko.

Solemn Jester Solemn Jester Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool
((While someone can step in if they really want, I would like for Kimiko to be able to take on the swordsman herself. Also, as far as time spent, Jester, Clown, Dago, feel free to have had Fin and Jargo meet and do their own thing at the same time as Kimiko's fight if you want.))

Jarko Belfonte

Jarko had his fingers interlaced behind his head as he strolled leisurely down the main road. He whistled to the best of his ability, which was not much to be honest. He had only recently learned about whistling on the most recent body guard job for a merchant. He was surprised that no one on his home island had ever whistled before. To think that even something as simple as mouth sounds made by blowing air through one's teeth would be unique down on the Blue Sea. Granted there were plenty of things that were similar down here as well.

Adventure and combat were plentiful to his great joy! While axes seemed to be a rare choice down here, with swordsman being the more prevalent type of combatant, it was still not that different from what he was used to. Either an all out brawl where everyone smashes everyone with no rules, or it was a open and fair duel between two individuals to gauge their skill with or without their weapons. Jarko had not experienced too many good duels so far though. Apparently his island was more equivalent to the area of the Blue Sea people called the "Grand Line". So when he landed in the "West Blue" as they called it, there were slim pickings for good fights.

However now he had the means to afford a ship, freshly polished axes, months of experience with the Blue Sea and its people, and was on the final island before he made it to that treasured sea. Combat and treasure and exploration and glory would be both his and his crews before long! Once.... he had a crew of course. He glanced around as he came out of his glory daydream. He scanned his eyes over a shop or two before a crashing sound of breaking glass drew his attention. He turned down a street to find a woman surrounded by broken glass and a man with a comically oversized sword for his height prepping for a fight outside a pub.

He would have stayed to watch but he heard sounds of a bar brawl within. YES! Now this was more like it! Sounded like people in there were as ready for the combat and fun that the Grand Line tantalizingly promised as well! Now it would hardly do to rob them of the chance to fight a powerful foe like himself, now would it? He should make a flashy entrance so they know he's ready to rumble. He licked at the last bits of lemonade in the fur around his mouth and he lowered a shoulder forward in front of him.

With a laugh he began running straight at the front wall of the pub. At full speed he ran shoulder first into the front wall, blasting shards of it apart and into the room as he caved in nearly the whole front wall of the cheap wood pub. With a bellowing roar he grabbed the nearest guy who was involved in a brawl with some sort of fishy looking character. Jarko simply casually tossed the terrified man over shoulder and into the street behind him. "HAHA, NOW THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!"
Chak Chak Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool Solemn Jester Solemn Jester

Jasper Pharos

Jasper was surprised to find that there seemed to be only one person aboard the ship. Arlen questioned him about the absent girls and Jasper went to answer. Though before he did he noted Arlen's disheveled, sweaty appearance and shirtlessness. He seemed to be.... meditating? Well, of all the things Jasper had pegged the young warrior to be a man of sound mental practices wasn't one of them. It seemed he also had his hand on an unknown weapon as well, so perhaps he was just resting from a bit of training. That would mentally track a bit more. The young man seemed to value his skill, and having been severely tested or beaten recently would drive him to train harder Jasper assumed. It had been his own case after all...

Jasper smiled thinly, meeting the sharp, green eyes of Arlen. "They found my assistance unnecessary, which allowed me to replace that which I lost on the Charybdis. I was just about to test out my new teapot and was wondering if anyone was aboard and interested. You seem to be winding down from training, yes? Perhaps a cup of soothing tea would go well with that. Care to join me?" He blinked thoughtfully for a second before adding. "And if you like, perhaps I can be of assistance in your training afterwards? What regard that happens to be matters not to me, and as crewmates your strength is my strength and vice versa, no?" He had openly offered to train Scarlet before, though she'd been... stubborn. Perhaps other crew members would be more receptive.
QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Norman Newman

Norman practically bounced out of the mess of clothing, though some of it grasped at him like vast tendrils the sea monsters of his grandpa's stories! He began flailing to force the monsters to release him. "BACK BEASTS, BACK!" He rolled forward and stopped at the feat of a lady who seemed familiar. She offered to make him a hat and he bounded up to his feet once more. "A hat? A HAT?!" He looked up to his messy hair he could never quite get under control. A hat could work... but. But hat's made one stand out too much. A ninja is supposed to try and blend in!

"A hat sounds nice, though I can only wear it sometimes! Ninjas shouldn't stand out in public too often!" He said this despite being covered in clothes and having smashed two displays in a huge ruckus. "I trust you to make me a great hat, here let me pose a few times for your imaginative hat creation!" He began striking various poses which were made somehow more comical by the fact one could not see his mouth and nose. Triply comical when suddenly Hawky came through the front door and landed beside Norman, proceeding to immediately begin posing like Norman.

He stopped posing after a minute or two and the shape of his eyes made it clear how wide he was smiling at the woman. "You're the hat lady who joined our crew on the last island yeah? You're uh... uh, hold on I know this.... Rice Talon!" He began nodding enthusiastically. "Yup! Rice Talon, I remembered! Hawky got Rice in her talons once! She was less than happy about it, but you seem pretty happy Rice Talon! That's good!" He began energetically picking up the fallen display, and Hawky began doing the same beside him though she seemed confused by it. It was a sight both comical and sweet in equal measure.
AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

Gerome Jackson

Gerome and his crew helped chance and Echo up and out of the water with haste. Gerome simply beamed at the batgirl as she seemed to talk at a million miles a second. "Forget the artifact, Echo! My crewmate is fine, the artifact was clearly a fake," this came with a echoing call of "Super Uncool" from the gathered crew members, "and now we are meeting a genuine mink! We thought we'd only see one of you deep into the Grand Line on the way to the One Piece! A bat girl and a- did you say a HYENA man?!" The crew gathered all "oohed" in tandem.

Immediately the crew all pulled out significantly different looking pairs of binoculars and began scanning around in the ocean, on rooftops, and in the road. "Captain, there IS a hyena guy down the street!" The crew member, a woman with a rather wicked looking bandanna wrapped around the bottom half of her face, pointed energetically down the road. As she did the whole crew pointed their binoculars at him, aside from Gerome who simply faced that direction with a smile, assuming the hyena man would be there soon enough to check on his friend the bat girl. "Not even on the Grand Line yet and already so many cool things to experience!"
DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo Chak Chak

Last edited:
Alex Q. Draw
"You're right; I didn't," Alex replied over the Den Den Mushi. "I was just an efficient messenger. I found my captain and told him about you. He's here listening now. He'd like to talk to you first before solidifying any potential alliance. I'd like to arrange a face-to-face meeting. Name a time and place, we'll meet you there."

Alex glanced over at her captain as if to ask him if he was OK with all of this. She sounded more like a negotiating first-mate than as a sniper, the job she mentally signed on for. "Oh yeah, don't try anything funny, or I'll give you and your men a taste of what I dished out to those bar drunks," she added in a banter-like tone. She didn't think Darius would try to pick a fight, he did seem interested in just having a chat with her captain, but it was a pirate-y thing to say.

Alex left the line open and waited for a response.

AllHailDago AllHailDago Phayne Phayne

Captain Scarlet Johanna Indigrid
It actually looked like it was the busiest shop in the entire port once she got close to it and considering what she'd seen the woman who told her about it wearing, Scarlet honestly couldn't be too surprised about that fact. It was probably one of the few shops in the entire port town that actually sold anything of quality; at least, that was the feminine captain's first thought based on what she'd seen of all the other stores thus far.

In their defense, though, she hadn't seen much at all of the other shops. Scarlet only assumed based on one which really wasn't fair.

Her assumption did have one positive effect, though. She walked into Blue Rose Fashion with a smile on her face and her eyes wide in awe of everything she saw. All she had to do was reach out and touch a single scarf to realize that these things... they were the real deal. The real deal mattered. Nothing else could ever compare to it. A true Captain... someone who was truly meant to be the Pirate Queen... deserved a wardrobe that was the real deal.

With nothing but confidence, Scarlet's footsteps carried her right up to the front counter and she informed whoever was behind it, "I'm looking to completely restock my wardrobe and there's plenty of room. Any suggestions on where to start?" Even though she trusted her own eyes, the shopkeepers always knew where the hidden gems were so it was always best to ask them first. If Scarlet didn't like where they led her, she could always look around in the other areas of the shop, after all. She'd already eyed up a few pieces that she liked.

The girl at the counter had been fixing an issue with their register when Scarlet approached. Firmly closing the machine she cast her eyes up to the energetic brunette and gave a winning smile. The blonde cashier had a simple blue rose in her hair that one would find in the hair of every employee. "Ah, your entire wardrobe? That's fantastic! Thank you for choosing our store today for all your fashion needs. Is there somewhere specific you'd care to start?"

No sooner had she asked this when a somewhat tall woman with striking blue hair stepped up to Scarlet. She had been listening nearby and found the request for an entire wardrobe to be purchased too enticing. "Ah, M-Ms. Marie, I was just going to help her get started...." she trailed off whIle looking at Ms. Maries intense expression. The tall, blue haired woman wore a deep, scarlet blouse and black, ruffled skirt with a pair of sharp, professional looking heels.

"Your entire wardrobe, hm? Well that's utterly delightful! Thank you for choosing our store! My name is Iris Marie, and I'm the district manager for all Blue Rose Fashion stores in the four Blues!" Her voice came out in a confident, strong tone a bit deeper than most women but not deep enough to be confused for masculinity. "How about I personally help you with your shopping needs today? It's not every day we fully outfit such a lovely young woman. I peg you as a woman who adores boots, am I correct?"

As she was waiting for suggestions on where to start first, Scarlet was rather intriguingly offered help by yet another woman whom had an aura that seemed to command attention even more than Scarlet's own did. It was surprisng that such a thing was possible, but it somehow was. Turning to face Ms. Marie - as the cashier had called her - Scarlet was beaming from ear to ear because if the things in the store fit and worked anything like the way this woman's outfit did, she knew she would find everything she needed.

"I'd love any assistance you'd be willing to offer," Scarlet replied with great enthusiasm. "And yes, I do love boots! They need a little bit of a heel and I'm not a fan of short boots, but anything beyond that would be an amazing place to start. Cardigans too, and jackets... and scarves and leggings and... well, pretty much everything, honestly."

Come to think of it, Scarlet couldn't imagine anything that she wouldn't be interested in adding to her wardrobe. Then it came to her. "I really don't need any dresses or skirts, though. Those aren't really... uh... suited... for my line of work." They would get in the way and she knew that much. She loved them, but she'd tried wearing them and failed before. It wasn't something she wanted to relive.

Iris gave Scarlet a knowing glance at the mention of her line of work. Almost anyone coming through Balaggan was a pirate, and if they weren't they were merchants selling to pirates. "A real shame, but we'll find you things that are just as fabulous without the frills and flowing delight of skirts and dresses. Let's start with boots though." She trailed off as she started walking to the back of the rather large building. Iris cast a glance at a male customer for a moment, before looking back at Scarlet as they arrived in the footwear department.

Iris scanned the boxes until she found the label she was looking for. She pulled out the box and removed the lid to show Scarlet a pair of knee high, burgundy boots with slight heels. "How about these? I have the same pair but in a cerulean color myself. They look and feel amazing on you, and I can attest personally for their use aboard ships." She looked back and forth before leaning in to whisper, "Especially kicking people off ships at times." She smiled a "just between us" smile at Scarlet as she stood straight again. "Any size you need is in stock, guaranteed!"

The young captain found herself very willingly following the district manager of Blue Rose Fashion through the shelves and wonders of the first lively and honest shop Scarlet had found in quite a while. Her eyes wandered across everything that they could reach in no small amount of awe. Everything she could see, she wanted. Of course, that was entirely unrealistic and she knew as well that her ship wasn't nearly big enough to keep it all in an orderly manner, but that didn't mean her eyes didn't open even a little bit wider when she took everything in. Scarlet felt like a kid in a candy store.

However, her attention was back on Miss Iris as the lady held a pair of boots out to her. They were neutral in color - which allowed for a larger and more open wardrobe - the heels would definitely be managable but were also existent enough to be familiar to her; Scarlet was rather accustomed to wearing heels to the point where no heel at all was rather odd. The mention of having a pair in cerulean, though, was what truly got her interest. "Do you sell boots in brighter colors like that?" she asked, more out of curiosity than anything else.

She had to chuckle at the last comment, though, and she replied, "I certainly hope I'm not needing to do that anytime soon." Scarlet had a good crew and she didn't imagine any of them could make her that angry. Although, there was a first time for everything.

Reaching out, Scarlet ran her hand across the leathery feel and she knew these boots were the real thing. "I'll definitely be buying a pair of these."

Iris chuckled lightly to herslef. "Yes, we have a rather wide range of colors for most of our shoes. If we don't have the color you're looking for or the cut you need you are also welcome to give your ship name and assumed sailling destination to us and we can have a delivery bird bring it directly to your ship upon completion. Do you have a particular color or colors that you like or need to add to your wardrobe?" She eyed the ribbons in Scarlet's hair. "Perhaps red is your color? Or..." Iris held a thumb up and stuck her tongue to the side. "You seem like a girl who'd look delightful in oranges or perhaps purples?"

The mention of red being her color caught Scarlet by surprise for a moment before she caught where Iris's eyes had wandered to. The ribbons in her hair made that suggestion make sense. She smiled then. "It is a good color for me," she agreed. "Although I think something a bit darker would go better with a wider wardrobe. Would it be possible to see a pair in mahagony or sangria?" Both were darker shades of red that would blend better with more colors than an outright bright red would ever manage to do.

Iris nodded in agreement with the darker color idea. Turning to the shelf she scanned it with a single finger before stopping. She pulled out a box and opened it to reveal, rather than a mahogany or sangria pair, a pair of burgundy boots. "Well we don't have those other shades, but perhaps burgundy will suffice?" She flipped her bangs behind an ear with secret irritation and presented Scarlet with a smile. "Do you want clothes in bright or dark colors specifically as well? Or are we running the gambit on every subject? Dark, light, neutral everything?"

Scarlet's eyes watched with intense curiosity as Iris moved to pull another pair of boots off the shelf and she stood on her tiptoes for a moment, almost as though being higher would let her see them sooner even though that wasn't the case at all. Looking inside, though, she was quite pleased when she saw them. "These will definitely do the trick!" she remarked with excitement.

Taking the box and putting the cover back on, it didn't take long before Scarlet was looking around once again. "As far as other clothes go, I'm open to anything. I like having a variety in my closet so that I have something to go with almost any situation." Hence, the reason why she needed darker boots... they were more likely to match a greater variety of items without difficulty.

Iris practically beamed. "Excellent! I'm glad I could help you find a pair you liked! Why don't we..." She stopped midsentence and looked towards the store entrance. "Give me just a second." Marching to the front of the store with an expression of irritation on her face, she called out to the young man she had looked to earlier. "Pardon me, are you going somewhere without paying for your items?"

The young man, who had a jacket and pockets that looked ready to burst slowly turned to face Iris. "I have no clue what you mean, ma'am!" He began to shrink in on himself as he met Iris' gaze. She simply extended a hand that pointed to the front counter. Looking as if he might burst into flames from embarrassment and shame any second he quickly removed everything from his pockets and jacket and tossed it on the counter. Afterwards he hurried to leave, angrily muttering under his breath.

As he reached the door he turned to toss an insult back at Iris, "Yknow you can't always prevent shoplifting you dumb bi-," Iris' heel connected firmly with the underside of the man's jaw mid sentence. It slammed his mouth shut on his tongue and tossed him back out the doors and into the street. She stood back to full height with prim grace. "Feel free to come back when you have both manners and money, otherwise consider yourself banned." She turned smoothly on her heel, retucking her bangs behind her ear, and walked back to Scarlet. "So, where should we start with the rest of your shopping? Tops perhaps?"

After having at least one positive purchase in her hands, it was hard to keep a smile off of Scarlet's expression although the situation she witnessed next was something that almost did it for her. If there was one thing that could make her unhappy in a store like this one, it was seeing people who failed to respect the work of the people who kept it running and the people who actually created such wonderful works of art. Scarlet wasn't much of a critic when it came to paintings on a wall or things of the like, but clothing was a different story entirely. Clothes were the most functional art in existence because people spent their lives in them.

Watching things unfold, Scarlet was fully prepared to launch herself forward and punch the man herself in order to return whatever was being stolen from Miss Iris. However, it seemed that that was unneeded.

'Wait a sec... how... how did she even know he was stealing something?' Scarlet found herself inquiring silently. She hadn't seen anything in the man's hands so it was only reasonable to assume that Iris had the eyes of a hawk. In a shop like this, though, they probably came in handy.

Her smile only became much brighter as the situation was properly handled and then she nodded when their conversation went straight back to business. "The most appropriate next step would probably be... hmm... jackets. I should probably get at least two jackets because I've heard the weather can be all over the place where I'm heading." She could see if there was a cardigan or two that interested her in the process as well.

That was exactly where they headed and Scarlet found exactly what she was looking for. From jackets to pants and then to tops at the very end, Scarlet's arms were full with almost more than she could carry by the end of the whole shopping adventure. She really hadn't intended on spending all of her money in one place, but she was pretty sure that this was the only honest shop she was going to find in the whole port and the clothing was high quality so it was worth it .It was actually Scarlet who had to stop them in the end. "I think I've got more than enough stuff for now, Miss Iris. Anything ore and I won't be able to carry it back with me. I think now would be a good time to check out."

Iris smiled contentedly as she helped Scarlet place her purchases on the sales counter. Iris sent the normal sales girl off on break and took her place herself. Rummaging in a drawer below she pulled out a simple clear card with a pressed blue rose inside. She set it on the counter in front of Scarlet, and began adding up the price of her purchases. "Alrighty Miss Scarlet. That'll be 15,000 beli today, with your new vip members card you'll have saved 10,000 beli today's shopping trip! It gives you a forty percent discount at all store locations in the four Blues and Grand Line!" She looked back and forth before leaning in to whisper to Scarlet. "These are normally several million Beli, but I like you. So special treat from me to you. Use it, sell it what have you. Keep in mind though that it can be used for one favor from any Blue Rose employee anywhere, so use it wisely!" She leaned back away with a smile, awaiting payment.

As soon as Iris had started tallying up what the final damages would be, Scarlet was already digging through her pockets for the money she had on her and was fully prepared to spend. All things considered, she was quite pleased with the amount that everything came out to; she usually spent more money on fewer items than she was getting this time around. It was still a pretty penny that she was spending, though.

Scarlet slid the money onto the table and smiled a bit at the way Iris worded the benefits of being a VIP member. "I will definitely make sure I wait for the right time to use it," she replied excitedly. Of course, Scarlet being Scarlet, it'd probably be used for something at the very next Blue Rose shop she stumbled upon even though she liked to think she was better than that. "And thank you for all your help, Miss Iris." She waited for her change and then she would grab her bags and be on her merry way.

Iris counted the money and opened the reguster, swapping payment for change. Handing the change to Scarlet with a smile, she dipped her head in a light bow. "Of course, anytime. Thank you for shopping with us, here's hoping we meet again!" She waved to Scarlet as she went to leave. A nice girl that one. Rare that pirates were so pleasant in her shop!

Her hands were overflowing with bags when she walked out of the shop and it was then that Scarlet remembered that she did have some of her crew with her when she'd walked into the shop. She really wasn't sure what had happened to them in the midst of all the shopping she'd done, though. The first thing she did when she walked out was to spin in a complete circle to see if she could see them anywhere.

"Cletus! Limstella!?"

Her plan was to head back to the ship at this point, but she wanted to make sure they knew where she was if they had lost her somewhere along the way.

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Misuteeku Misuteeku AllHailDago AllHailDago

8428c78a0dcac55312aec54b0703db0c.png

budel-magi-the-labyrinth-of-magic-9.24.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Ah the food.." replied Zambini, Standing up to make space for the rest of the 'odd' bunch. He waddled his way over to a corner of the room, approaching a rather old man who had remained hidden in the background. Whilst the room was not monstrously huge, there was still enough space between where Zambini stood and the 'odd bunch' sat that it would be quite a feat if they could hear him. The two conversed for a few moments before the elderly man disappeared behind a door; a young lady exiting a few moments after with a pillow and wash cloth. Quickly she made her way towards Jayjay, recoiling slightly at the smell of the corpse, yet soldiering on wards to provide him with a variety of items to aide in the young girls recovery. As she did so, Zambini had pirouetted towards the central open area of the ground floor, a golden light shining down from above as he raised both hands skywards, clapping twice and signalling to the backroom staff that it was now time for them to make an appearance.
hypnotic.gif

Within seconds of him clapping, Dozens upon dozens of woman garbed in what could only be described as belly dancing gear had rushed forth from behind velvet colored curtains, their right hands each held upwards as they each carried a silver platter of food or jar of Wine made within his very establishment.

As the women made their entrance, music from an unseen room could be heard echoing through the room as the women danced in unison, the balance they maintained as they twirled around with the food showing a level of professionalism and expertise honed through countless hours of practice. Zambini on the other hand remained in the middle, his chubby little frame swaying with the music as he danced along.

"Eat, Enjoy, Lets Celebrate our Meeting~!" shouted Zambini, letting himself get lost into the music.

Meanwhile at the front half of the establishment, hidden from view of those inside several burly men got to work with setting up the area for this afternoon's event. The sound of metal clashing and wood being hammered obscured by the loud music.

"Eat!, Drink!"
Felix Felix DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo thatonespacytallgirl thatonespacytallgirl

Arlen Hakhassi

Arlen wasn't entirely sure he liked the thought of Nerissa wandering the port with only the other girls as protection, but there wasn't much he could do about it now "Suuuure,". Moving to stand, the dark-skinned teenager stretched his slightly sleepy legs a bit before straightening.There was amused grin on his features as he looked towards the butler's new purchase. "Something fruity would be nice."

Truthfully, he didn't even know what sort of teas they had on the ship. He'd never really been the tea sort of guy. Though, he wasn't about to say no to a friendly offer. Two friendly offers really. It was strange--being part of a group, that is. For a long time, Arlen fought for himself and only himself. When he was younger and was bullied by those who hated his father. When he'd been fighting to claim and keep the title of Leviathan. But now...now he'd thrown his lot with a pirate crew of Outsiders. It wasn't an entirely bad thing. Before meeting Ken Tanaka, he wasn't sure he would've accepted Jasper's offer to assist in his training. None of the Outsiders he and Nerissa had faced alone seemed particularly strong, so pride and overconfidence had clouded his eyes when it came to his people's techniques. But there were more out there, beyond the seas. Arlen was quickly finding himself curious about Outsider fighting styles as well.

"My strength is my own," Who knew how long Priestess Nerissa would choose to stay with the crew? Arlen's first priority was to her. No, to the people of Mirage Island. His journey ended when she was ready to return home. Therefore, Arlen didn't like the thought of making half-hearted promises. Still...he couldn't deny he'd somewhat grown to like the Red Ribbons either. "But if you're willing to assist in my training, then I'll gladly accept. I'm curious about Marine techniques as well."

Arlen glanced at the butler he followed to the kitchens and spoke casually. "Nerissa told me you were a former marine, but after seeing your technique at the Hallows, I confirmed it as well. It's the same one Tanaka used. You know, the really fast one...?"

AllHailDago AllHailDago

Limstella​

Limstella just watched Scarlet go off in her own little world with the manager of the seemingly famous store, 'Blue Roses.' She couldn't help, but feel rather unnerved by her presence. It was rather nice to offer her service to a pirate though she didn't seem like the type to picky about her customers as long as they bought something of their interest. Still back to the point she still felt rather off about her. It was just probably her paranoia over the few days that she went off traveling with these ragtag of pirates. Limstella carefully eyed on where Scarlet was going.

Of course Scarlet disappeared to god knows where within the shelves that she stopped paying attention. Whatever the manager was doing with Scarlet didn't matter to her. Well maybe it did matter to her a little bit concerning what was going on with her situation, and on how Jasper is going to kill her if something went wrong. Thankfully Cletus was here, and hopefully he was making sure Scarlet wasn't getting into any funny business.

Limstella turned her head around to when Scarlet called her name. Before that she was just admiring the clothing quietly as they were high quality. Speaking of high quality, Scarlet must of payed a lot of money considering she had at least two bags on her. Sighing, she just slouched and walked over to Scarlet. "I guess we're done here?"

Cletus T. Bass
Cletus followed Scarlet into Blue Rose Fashion and began to glance around with his usual gruff expression, only this time he seemed more stiff than normal. He was a man set in his ways; he was used to his particular clothing style and didn't usually linger very long in clothing shops. This shopping trip he was more interested in buying something for his nieces. He was tempted to ask Scarlet what two pre-teen girls would like for a gift, but she was soon whisked away on her own shopping spree. "I'll figure something out," he thought to himself.

Cletus began to peruse the pre-teen dress section and felt a little awkward as he did so. He probably looked like a pervert to anyone who didn't know about his nieces, which would include his own crew since he hadn't mentioned them yet. While the dresses ultimately would have looked "cute" on his nieces, he ultimately decided to pick something they wouldn't grow out of. He began to search the other aisles to see what he could find.

Walking past the jewelry section, Cletus had an epiphany moment after spotting friendship bracelets. His eyes landed on a pair with blue beads and another pair with orange beads; the favorite colors of his nieces, unless they updated them recently. Cletus grabbed the two pairs of bracelets and walked to the register and bought them without a lot of small talk; he even refused the VIP offer.

"Hey Captain, I'm going to go find a postal office. I'll be back in a few minutes," Cletus explained after finding Scarlet mid-shopping-spree. He didn't stick around to see if she had heard him.

Cletus walked through Balaggan Port until he found a post office. He wrote a sappy letter to his nieces, telling them he'd always remember them when he looked at his half of the friendship bracelets and asked them to do the same concerning him. He put one of the blue beaded bracelet and one of the orange ones in the envelope and closed it. He put his half of the friendship bracelets around his right wrist and put the envelope into the mail slot.

He walked back to Blue Rose Fashion with a melancholy air and a light cigarette in his mouth. He was a couple yards away from the building when he saw Scarlet exit and call for him. Looks like she hadn't heard him when he told her he was leaving for a bit, or at the very least forgot. "Right here, Captain," he gruffly called out. "Headin' back to the ship?"

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Misuteeku Misuteeku (nearby)

Cait Merlin
"Welcome aboard," Cait said to Misuki. She finished her handshake and flashed the girl a smile before turning her attention to Trista. "There's always room for some extra muscle. Feel free to tag along as long as you'd like," she replied. "Though if you don't want to share your name, is there some kind of nickname or something you'd like the crew to call you? 'Hey you' is awfully impersonal."

As she waited for a response from Trista, the sudden appearance of Keya stole her attention away. "Hey Keya, meet your new crewmates. This is our new navigator, Misuki, and this is our new fighter...umm," she released she was didn't know what to call Trista yet. "...We haven't gotten that far yet," she sheepishly admitted. "Girls, this is Keya."

Now that introductions were out of the way. "I can show you two the ship if you'd like."

Hanarei Hanarei simj26 simj26 Mitchs98 Mitchs98 Sugary_Paragraphs Sugary_Paragraphs (nearby)

Watanabe Hotaka Wasabi
Antique?
Letting out a sigh, Wasabi put a hand on the hammer wielder's shoulder in a calming gesture. He didn't much care to be associated with such an undisciplined outburst, yet the shop owner was still the one at fault. Turning sideways, he made the multiple boomerang holsters visible to the dealer and added, "Hmm, antique, you say? Let us see. Poorly crafted, rough in hand, undecorated, and rotten to the core. This would be no good as a mantlepiece decoration, let alone an antique. The best one could hope to do with this is play fetch, and I doubt many dogs would put their mouths on this. So, let us try this one more time. Do you give refunds?"

As he asked this, Wasabi also tilted his rice hat slightly, causing the sun to glint off of the razor sharp edge, which may not have been visible before. However, before he could get the shopkeep's answer, something else caught his attention. He turned his attention to the newcomer who had interrupted. It took a moment for the fierceness in Wasabi's demeanor to fall away, exposing Nerissa to a side of the mysterious cook she may not have seen before. As he relaxed, he added, "Though I am not acquainted with this Aquarius, I am inclined to agree. Would you mind occupying him while I deal with this dishonest merchant properly?"

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Last edited:

"Sharktooth Fin & Tabemono The Beast Child"
d501e0a34a3080f93dfa27ba87bdd1c65459a700a54750f849cbe03b997c71c0_1.jpg
20141011153039425.jpg

After a few seconds Fin had become totally embroiled in battle. Trading blows with the crowd of bar patrons really got his blood boiling. It wasn't long before he had knocked out a quarter of the bar. Another quarter latching onto him like leeches. It seemed they felt he was a big enough threat to dog pile him. Fin was in such a good mood that he even allowed it for a moment. Swinging back and forth trying to fling them off. Most seemed to stay attached, but a few flew off knocking into other brawling patrons, and tables in the bar. Fin just laughed his jolly laugh, amused by their attempts.”Aye, at tha bes ya got? I'm dispointed!” He roared although he sounded more cheerful than disappointed. Suddenly Fin heard a shattering sound. More distinguishable than the other shattering of bottles, and glasses. Like someone leapt through a window. He looked just in time to see Kimi chasing after the hunters who had tossed a chair at him prior to the his current situation. He simply laughed, falling to his knees as another doze men piled on top of the already massive dog pile trying to weigh him down. It wasn't much longer before Fin heard a loud crash, and raised his head to catch a glimpse of what was going on. He was just in time to see a portion of the pub wall be broken down. It took a moment for the dust to settle, and everyone seemed to stop in their tracks. A large shadow seemed to immediately eclipse the hole in the wall. At first Fin thought it might have been his eyes playing tricks on him. But after a moment the dust cleared, and in front of Fin stood a perfectly average sized bear man. Well, he was average sized by Fins standards. He let loose a mighty roar, and tossed a man outside into the street. Fin couldn't help but be impressed by this show of strength. He felt adrenaline fill his veins, and he unleashed his full strength. He struck upward, rising to his feet, and sending the dozens of men who were piled on top of him flying in several directions.”RAAAAAHH!!!! AYE! Bearman! Les kick dese chumps azzes! Den we can haf ourselves a lil one on one! Waddaya say?” He asked, raising an eye, and slamming a fist into some idiot who thought it was a good idea to attack from behind.

As the entire pub had gone practically wild, chairs, pints and food scraps were being thrown across all sides of the building and the upstart that Kimiko created quickly sprung into a full blown bar brawl. Tabemono however, was still quite oblivious to the fact in within his contemplation 'Island...Family...Fa-mi-ly??', patrons to the pub were fighting on all sides of Tabemono, but it wasn’t until one of them had gotten knocked over and on the way down toppled Tabemono on the way did the ‘Beast Child’ snap out of his state of deep thought, awakening to the chaotic brawl happening around him. Nyan had also plopped out from Tabemono’s kimono looking as if it had just woken up and not very happy about it either..First leaping onto the nearest table and up in one of the corners of the pubs roof frame, where he snooped over the scene from a safe height while Tabemono scuttering back up to his feet, quickly dusting off his many-patterned kimono on the way up to his feet but as soon as he was able to do so, he found himself meeting face to face with a rather angry looking patron “Ya stupid kid...What’re doin’ gettin mixed up n’ others battles eh boy?”.

Tabemono had little chance to even reply, or blink for that matter before the gruntled man reached his right arm back, balling his fist and launching it straight into Tabemono’s face and sending Tabemono tumbling into a set of furniture on his way down to the floor. “Heh, were you even come from kid? I ain’t see you ere’ before?” taking a quick look around, he focused his glare back onto Tabemono, who was in the midst of getting back up on his feet again “Tryin’ to get up eh? Heh, you must be stupid or brave.” this time the man send his leg into Tabemono’s chest and this time causing a short yelp of pain before falling back to the floor. “Ooww” Tabemono curled into a ball, attempting to make his chest feel a little better. “I’d say stupid, HAHAH!” pinning the boy down with his foot now, the gruntled man over the frey of the brawl fight and teaching Tabemono a ‘lesson’ he failed to notice anything from behind him, and through the gaping hole that was made in the pub entrance a new figure appeared; through the calling of his young master a creature with many traits of what most would describe as a ‘white wolf’, standing (place measurements here), ‘The Beast Child’s Guardian’ Goncho.
231473_tribune_anime_mysticism_and_fentezy.jpg

Entering the fray of the brawl and directed it’s attention directly towards Tabemono, the scent of the boy was easy to find for Goncho, for his scent had become all too familiar for the beast through the past years they spent together. Not hesitating to barge through whoever it had to in order to get to Tabemono, Goncho wasted no time in making sure it’s friend and master wasn’t harmed. Growling at the sight it saw, either out of pure instinct - or instinct mixed with a raging anger the gruntled man only had the time to turn around to meet his demise right in the doom impending beastlike eyes of Goncho. Launching it’s two front claws into the man’s torso and forcing the man to the ground then wolf-like beast Goncho savagely tore out and consumed the man’s throat..With Tabemono scattered a few feet away looking in reminiscent terror ‘He is acting like back then again..’ As blood splattered across the floor and the surrounding furniture along with the echoing screams of agony before death, Tabemono was able to get back on his feet and throw himself towards Goncho in an attempt to try stop him from any further harm and knowing little about how late it already was. Nyan looked from above, watching the struggle below in terror as he was never fond of seeing Goncho this way, shaking its head he looked over to Fin’s way, noticing that he had encountered another figure that was somehow as big as Fin was in comparison.

Fin looked around the bar, lots of people were still fighting. Of course after witnessing the bearman enter the bar. This kind of fight didn't seem to satisfy Fin anymore. He chuckled to himself, deciding as much as he loves a good bar brawl he craved something much more. He looked towards the hole in the wall. Now blocked by a wall of fighting men.”Aye, I'll be waitin fer ya outside teddy bear! Jus make sure ya don git knocked out before we hav a chance ta trade blows! Hahaha!!” He howled with excitement just thinking about the battle. Then charged through the wall of brawlers, sending them flying back in all directions. After a lot of trampling, over people, Fin finally reached the outside. He inhales, smiling his sharktooth grin.”Tis a bute day fer a lil friendly brawl.” His attention was then drawn to some other commotion outside. His expression turned curious, as he scanned the area. It took a second, but it wasn't hard to figure out what was causing all the commotion. Kimiko seemed to have taken care of the hunters, and was now dealing with some frilly looking man, who wielded a comically sized sword. Fin put his hand to his mouth, and spoke loudly.”OI! AYE FELLA! WHAT'RE YA OVERCOMPENSATIN’ FOR!? HARHARHAR!” He chuckled to himself, then took a seat, waiting for the bear man to finish his brawl.

(This was a collaboration post done by Solemn Jester Solemn Jester & Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool )
(Interacting with Chak Chak ; Kimiko of The Blossom and AllHailDago AllHailDago ; Jarko Belfonte)
(Color Code - Sharktooth Fin, Tabemono, Nyan & Nameless NPC's)

Kate and Anjellyka

Kate entered the mysterious shop with the unconscious kid that bit her slung over her shoulder. She looked around wildly for Anjellyka, ignoring everything else that was happening around her. She had finally found another fish women and she refused to lose her after just getting to meet her.

“Put the kid in one of those chairs and make sure they do not get the chance to hurt themselves when they start to have bad reactions again.”

Kate blinked and looked over at Jayjay. Right, the kid, how could she forget the one that tried to EAT HER. Kate quickly deposited the unconscious kid on one of the many couches in the establishment before she spotted Anjellyka standing by herself looking crestfallen. Kate quickly ran over to her, just in time to hear the end of Jayjay’s reassurances.

“...Next time we will just be ready when it comes. I can make a bigger batch of antidote and maybe look into a more permanent solution. In the meantime you can try to learn how not to get touched. We are here for-"

"is clear to me. This is concerning doubly" Kate’s head turned sharply towards the sound of an unfamiliar voice emanating from a seashell. She had never seen anything like this before, so it took a second for the words to register.

“Hey! Be nice to Anjellyka!” She reprimanded the hand at the same time as Jayjay before turning back to the other fish woman. “And don’t be so down on yourself Anjellyka! I mean…” Kate paused, her forehead wrinkling as she tried to come up with something reassuring to say. “...I just met you and I think you’re awesome. So you hurt people on accident. That happens to a lot of people! I think… Anyway that doesn't matter. What matters is you didn't mean to and you got me and Jayjay to help you get better at not letting it happen again… or something like that…” Kate sighed. “Sorry, I’m not really good at pep talks am I?”

The responses from both Jayjay and Kate made Anjellyka feel a little better about the situation. “I-I guess you're right...I can’t really help it…” She trailed off for a moment. “Like Jayjay smells bad and Kate is bad at pep talks...I am poisonous.” She paused yet again before raising her head up to look at both of them. “But th-that's why we’re friends right? O-or is it too early to say that?…..A-are we friends?”

Kate hung her head at Anjellyka mentioning that she was bad at pep talks. But at least she was feeling better, that’s all that mattered. Her head perked back up though at Anjellyka’s question. “Of course we’re friends!” She blurt out. “I mean,” Kate mumbled, not looking the beautiful Jellyfish in the eye. “We just met but I don’t have many friends so… I would love to be friends with you.”

Anjellyka’s eyes flew open in excitement. Her hand whipped up to her face and she did a little hop in connection with her sudden burst of emotion, causing her tentacles to sway about. “REALLY?! Y-you guys are my FIRST friends!!!” She gave a little shout while smiling the largest smile her face could produce.

“Really?” Kate felt a sudden sharp pain in her chest when she realised that Anjellyka had no friends before this. How could someone so amazing not have any friends? Especially when she was so damn cute. Kate was so enraptured by her beauty that she paid no attention to Thing and Jayjay’s interaction with Zambini. Instead she hesitantly reached out to Anjellyka’s head, and lightly patted her on her non-venomous head. “Than as one of your first friends I promise to have your back no matter what!” Kate promised solemnly.

At the statement Anjellyka’s blue color seemed to melt from her skin, all of it replaced with sudden fear. “Y-you have my b-back?” Her hands whipped around to her back, flinging some of her long tentacles out. She felt around her back and sighed in relief when she felt it was still there. Her eyes flew wide and her cheeks flushed blue when she realized Kate was not serious when she had said that. “Y-you weren’t serious.”

“No-no!” Kate frantically waved her hands in front of her. “It’s a saying! It means that you can rely on me.”

“Ohhhhh! T-thats really nice!” The jellyfish woman once again beamed at the squid woman.

With Jayjay reminding them of the promise of food, Zambini clapped his hands together. Within seconds music started filling the space as well as multitudes of women and food. The sight was grand and a bit overwhelming.

Kate finally tore her eyes away from her new friend to behold the spectacle in front of her. She felt the heat rising to her cheeks as she looked at all the beautiful, barely dressed women dancing in front of her. While none of them could hold a candle to Anjellyka’s beauty, Kate was still feeling warm all over watching them dance seductively. Her attention was quickly drawn away from the girls as she took in the giant platter spread out for the party goers. It had been ages since Kate had eaten a decent meal so her stomach grumbled at the sight.

The sudden scene was rather overwhelming for Anjellyka. She wasn’t watching from a distance, it was happening all around her. Music, food, people! What if they got too close to her?! At the same time everything was so energetic that she just wanted to be a part of it! Her thoughts of the matter were interrupted with Kate’s words.

“I don’t know bout you guys but I’m starving. I’m going to eat until my stomach explodes.” Kate said, making her way towards the food.

Anjellyka thought the squid woman’s words over carefully. Stomach exploding sounds kind of dangerous. “Kate, w-wait! That doesn’t sound safe!” Anjellyka called as she carefully followed her friend through the crowd.

Collab with DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo

Felix Felix Phayne Phayne CelticHero37 CelticHero37

Last edited:
Darius Fletcher

Darius and Andre had rather luckily missed the start of and events of the brawl at the tavern. For the moment he had stepped outside prior to it's starting Andre followed. Darius smiled mockingly at him as he responded to Alex. "Why, discussing an alliance already?" he said whilst raising his eyebrows at Andre, who rolled his eyes at his Captain. "That sounds fantastic. We can meet you at my ship in but a few scant minutes. It's docked not far from the tavern we are at. The flag is a wolf's head with a breeze made of musical notes behind it." He raised his eyebrows at Andre as he added, "You have no worries about my men trying anything. Though the thought of getting down and dirty with you does make me slightly tempted." He said this with a teasing lilt before hanging up.

Andre shook his head with a look of disgust. "I cant believe you actually got us a potential alliance with your lecherous flirtation, Darius."

Darius smiled the smile of a man who'd just bitten into a fine steak. "Lecherous? I'm nothing if not a gentleman, Andre! Anyways, let's not keep the lady waiting!" He began walking down the street with a cocky grin on his face and his hands in his pockets.

Andre sighed and murmured, "I hope their captain doesn't turn out to be a woman or we're probably screwed already."
shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Phayne Phayne

Jasper Pharos

Jasper went below deck with Arlen following behind. Jasper moved with carefully contained joy as he prepared to test the new tea pot out. Opening the cabinet that had two entire shelves devoted to teas and a couple other hot drinks, Jasper pulled two particular tea bags out and set them aside while he filled the teapot with water and set it on the stove. He waited contentedly for it to boil whilst Arlen spoke. Jasper went a bit eerily still as Arlen referenced him being a Marine. He did not recall sharing such information with the entire crew at large. Had he in a moment of importance and forgotten? If he had forgotten he had to make doubly sure to pay attention to his own words and actions in the future.

Turning to face the young man and address the matter. "First thing is first. While, yes, everyone's strength is their own that is not how it works when one is a member of a crew. My strength is your strength, Nerissa's strength, Cletus's strength. Everyone's. As theirs is mine, and yours, and each other's. We do not rely only on ourselves outside of singular one on one combat. To a philosophical degree, not even then. Should you heed my teachings or that of anyone on the crew or sea, you go into battle armed with the knowledge of everyone you've ever trained under and with. I seek not to chastise you with this information. Only to let you know that you do not have to consider yourself alone."

He turned to pour the boiling water into two separate mugs and promptly placed a teabag in each cup. One being a rather potent peach tea for Arlen, and the other a delightful chai for himself. He set a kitchen timer for three minutes and turned back to Arlen. "So, you fought and lost to that Marine on the Hallows. Firstly, I want you to try and move past it if it has summoned up a crisis of self. I am reasonably sure this Tanaka character was a member of one of the Cipher Pol's. His bearing, strength, and use of a Rokushiki technique would imply as such. My mistress prior to Lady Scarlet, and the person who trained me was at one point a member of CP9 herself. Though seeing as we are all still alive, especially yourself, I'll assume he was not a member of that group just yet. They are elite fighters the majority of them. Should it summon up any feeling, let it be determination for training."

He turned back to the tea cups after the timer went off, removing the bags and tossing them in the trash. He poured milk into each mug, stirred in the sugar, and handed Arlen his. Taking a slow, contented sip of his own he continued speaking. "As for the technique, I can teach you. However, it takes quite a bit of time and effort to do such. So expect not to have the technique at your disposal soon." He took another sip, delighting in the complex and flavorful spices. "The technique we use is called Shave or Soru, depending on who you speak with. It is a technique that involved kicking your feet off the ground in such rapid succession that one could not follow it with one's eyes. This allows you to propel yourself around at a speed most can not follow. There are five other techniques included in Rokushiki. I know of all six, but am only skilled in two." He took a deep drink of his tea and sighed in relaxation afterwards. "Should you desire, we can begin basic training in the method when you so choose."

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Jarko Belfonte

Jarko roared as he picked up two men and slammed them into each other so hard they were both knocked unconscious, then he promptly tossed them into the nearest table. He eyed a huge man that seemed like he was also part shark, and immediately broke out into a huge toothy grin. His jaw dropped open in glee, which to a few nearby men looked threatening if their sudden retreat from his presence said anything. This must be one of the fishmen that he read so much about! The shark man dropped a challenge and barreled his way through the men that had filled the space by the hole Jarko had created. The first person on this sea that was of Jarko's size and shared his passion for combat? Now that seemed like a perfect recruit if ever there was one. Perhaps even first mate material!

Jarko promptly backhanded the people in his way and stepped out of the hole as well. He found the shark man sitting in the road watching what looked like two other people starting their own fight. A rather small woman and a man with a sword that just didn't belong in his hands by Jarko's opinion. He blew them off and looked to the shark man. "Alright fish stick, how about a fight like they never saw on this island before?" He showed his teeth in a battle ready grin. "No weapons or fancy techniques, just raw strength. Sound good?" He rolled his neck for a second and paused mid motion with an idea. "For added fun, how about a little wager? If I win you join my crew!"
Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool Solemn Jester Solemn Jester

Stacy Beauregard
“Sounds good,” Stacy remarked as he said she could get whatever for him. It would probably just turn out to be the same thing she was getting, though, unless she decided on something absurdly expensive. She didn’t really intend to do that, but her mind hadn’t yet completely ruled it out. To do that, though, almost seemed like it would be rude since he’d offered to treat to essentially anything. Their trust wasn’t something she wanted to break, not when she had so few other people she knew well enough to trust. With her current crew, she imagined it would come, but it still needed time yet to be fully possible.

Heading up to the bar, Stacy found herself standing beside the rather large presence at the bar although it didn’t bother her in the slightest. Instead, she simply waved the bartender over and asked, “Can I get two ales and… hmm… two of whatever happens to be the house special right now for dinner?” That seemed simple enough and she imagined it would taste pretty good as well. After all, the smell in the air - or what wasn’t booze - certainly did smell appetizing.

“Certainly. You stayin’ at the bar or…?”

“Nope. I’ll be sitting,” she turned to look for wherever Syrin had found a seat and then gestured in that direction, “there.”

“Alrighty, Miss. I’ll have two ales in about two seconds for ye.” And he did, too. Stacy was able to bring those back to the table with her and give one to Syrin straight away.

While they had time to talk for a little while, it also wasn’t too long before their food got to them and the house special happened to be a rather marvelous looking burger. It certainly looked better than what most could manage to find on a ship at sea.

Exanis Exanis

Rhyse “Risa” Talone
As Norman was working on picking himself up out of the mess he’d created on the floor by walking into the shop in his own unique fashion, Risa was already imagining a few different possibilities for what she might make him. Most of them were quite dramatic and fancy because he seemed like the kind of person who tended to stand out more than others.

Coincidentally, he then proceeded to say that ninjas shouldn’t stand out too much which Risa found rather amusing at the very least.

“Well, is it ok to stand out now?” she inquired. “My hat tends to draw a lot of attention and I would hate for you to get too much attention because you’re hanging out with someone like me.” Risa’s hat of choice on this particular day was a sunhat, but it wasn’t any ordinary sunhat. It’s color was vivid red - a fun kind of red, though. Not depressing blood-red. And it was woven around with a braid of pink flowers. It was one of the few hats in her repertoire that she didn’t actually make; Reyson had mad this one for her.

On another note, though, she added, “I can definitely make something that works for you, though. I’ve made hats for all kinds of people before, including ninjas.” Although she honestly couldn’t remember selling to a ninja specifically, Risa had sold hats to so many people that she didn’t remember even half of them. Having sold to a ninja seemed highly probable given those odds.

When Norman started posing, though, it was impossible not to laugh and Risa did indeed start laughing. It was a fun kind of laugh, the laugh that said she was enjoying herself more than she had in a long time previously and it was Norman allowing her to smile like she did. Hawky joining in only made it that much brighter, too. Her eyes looked to him, attempting to be apologetic and convey that she wasn’t necessarily laughing at him. She was laughing because she was having a good time of herself. The name he decided belonged to her was an added amusement. “Risa,” she managed to get her name through her lips in the midst of further laughter.

“Norman, my name is Risa.” she managed to state more clearly once she managed to calm her laughter down. The sight of Hawky beside him still managed to keep a smile on her face, though.

Then a thought occurred to her. “Would your bird perhaps like a hat as well?” The little hats tended to be fun ones to make.

AllHailDago AllHailDago

Roy Volantis and Travis Volantis
Although Roy had been fully prepared to smash more objects in his anger at the man who’d tried to fool his little brother, he wasn’t so lost in rage that he would continue to swing his weapon forward when an unarmed woman stepped in front of him. The motion had been started, but he pulled back quite quickly and without much difficulty at all.

“I’m not breaking things because I don’t like them. I’m breaking them because a man like him doesn’t deserve to be selling to the innocent likes of children when he only seeks to fool them,” Roy barked at her quite harshly. Then he proceeded to add, “You shouldn’t stop people just because you think you know the motivations behind what they’re doing.”

He was, however, astonished when Wasabi, a man who he thought would support him, instead shifted to join with the woman’s opinion. “Do either of you truly think that this… Aquarius,” he spoke the name with no small amount of disgust despite never hearing it before, “would approve of someone selling junk to children for money!?” To Wasabi specifically, he added, “Do you really think anything else he has is of any higher quality than the boomerang that barely deserves to be called a boomerang?”

Throughout the whole ordeal, the shopkeeper simply stood quivering behind what had once been his toy stand but would no longer function as one. Roy’s voice had him flooded with terror.

However, it was a much smaller individual who finally managed to calm Roy down. Walking up and grabbing his brother’s hand, Travis said, “Brother, this one works well and I think the hat man will let me keep it. He was nice about it. The hat man can have the money we gave the toy man and then we can go back to the crew, ok?”

Roy’s breaths were harsh, but he was calming down.

Travis’s eyes turned to Nerissa and he added, “He really is a good big brother,” he explained. “He’s just not very good with new friends unless they’re Mateo’s friends too. I’m sorry. You’re very pretty.”

Still holding onto his brother’s hand, Travis tried to pull him along and Roy sighed. Though Travis wasn’t strong enough to actually pull him anywhere, he wouldn’t fail to follow. He put his hammer back in its place on his back and then turned to the shopkeeper one last time. “You better pay the man.” And then he followed Travis back towards the docks.

As that situation finally settled, the shopkeeper brushed himself off and said to Wasabi and Nerissa. “Well, thank you for your help there. Shall we all just be on our way? I’ve got a shop to clean up.”

He had no intentions of paying Wasabi the money that Roy had paid to him for a faulty boomerang.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel CelticHero37 CelticHero37

Captain Scarlet Johanna Indigrid
It was actually rather surprising to Scarlet to realize that she honestly hadn’t lost any more of her crew in the time that she’d been shopping. Both Limstella and Cletus were by her side in a matter of moments and she was grateful for it because it meant she didn’t have to go hunting for them while carrying her large collection of bags along with her. They weren’t all that heavy, but it would’ve been cumbersome to hunt for her crew while carrying the bags with her everywhere she went.

Replying to Limstella, she said, “Yes, I think we are done here. If we’re not, then I’ll most definitely need help carrying whatever else we pick up along the way.” She chuckled at the thought, remembering the last time she had shopped that much. It had been the first and only time Spades had offered to pay for her to go on a shopping spree and she’d purchased more than they could carry combined.

Turning to Cletus, she added, “Yes, we’ll be heading back to the ship now. I don’t have room to carry anything else. If you two need to get anything, though, you can shop too! I just… everyone’s supposed to be back by sundown so if you see anyone else from the crew and could remind them, that’d be wonderful!” With that having been said, Scarlet started making her way back to the docks.

Misuteeku Misuteeku shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Nerissa Orta (Red Ribbon, Chronicler) and Tristan Roads (Tiger Sharks, Barber)

Nerissa didn’t budge as Roy the pirate proceeded to yell at her, matching his fury with her determination. Wasabi had asked her to occupy the pirate while he “dealt” with the merchant and that was she intended to do. Truly, she hadn’t a clue what was going on between Roy Volantis and the toy merchant. However, Nerissa trusted the Red Ribbon chef. The expression she’d on the quiet chef’s face, one she’d never seen before, was enough.

Wasabi was a good person.

He was a crewmate.

Therefore, if he claimed the merchant to be dishonest, she believed him.

Roy’s words further proved Wasabi’s truth and provided context for his rage. However, Nerissa stood her ground. Violence was not the solution and she wouldn’t let him bring physical harm to the merchant or his things.

“Mortals sin,” Nerissa responded calmly to his indignant inquiry, not raising her voice in spite of his volume. She didn’t need to. Her tone was a clear and unwavering sound of one who was used to giving sermons and lectures. “And pirates steal. It is the way of criminals to do wrong. But Aquarius teaches forgiveness. Her mercy is as boundless as the sea itself.”

It didn’t seem her words had very much effect on the enraged Roy Volantis however. The tension only eased when a young boy bravely reached for the pirate’s hand. Nerissa watched the interaction between Travis and Roy Volantis, a smile unconsciously falling upon her features. It was easy enough to tell that there was much love between them. The boy’s final compliment made her blush.

“Thank you,” Nerissa replied kindly. “Take care of your brother.” Though she doubted the boy heard her as he was busy trying to pull his brother away. It was easy for those with power to stray from Aquarius’s guidance. To use what they have against each other. However, no matter the circumstances, she believed all those with water in their veins to be the children of her goddess. Be they pirates or marines. Criminals or not. Therefore, Nerissa simply said a brief prayer for the two that walked away, hoping Aquarius graces them with her wisdom, before glancing at the merchant.

She didn’t know whether Wasabi wanted Volantis’s money or not. She didn’t even know the reason the merchant acted dishonestly. If he did not have quality products to sell, didn’t that mean that non-quality products were all he had? Was he poor? Did he have a family to feed to resort to such trickery? If that was the case, Volantis breaking all his things would hurt more than just the dishonest merchant.

As the voice of Aquarius, one who guided her people, Nerissa she was taught to be fair in all her decisions. To consider all consequences and judge impartially. Roy Volantis’s anger was understandable, but his reaction was far too much in her eyes. It didn’t matter who had committed the first wrong. Two wrongs didn’t make a right. And Nerissa had faith people. Therefore, to the man who had a shop to clean up—and probably his act as well—Nerissa simply said,

“If you do that which you know is wrong, the only thing you’ll taint is your own soul. No one else may see it, but Aquarius will. Then, once you return to the sea just as everyone else does, she will be your judge.”

Tristan, who had remained in the background the entire time, coughed, eyeing Wasabi for a moment before stepping forward to adresss Nerissa. “Well…glad that’s over. I was worried I might have to step in.”

“There’s no need for you to worry, Mr. Roads. Chef Wasabi is a member of the Red Ribbon Pirates. I was in good hands.”

“Oh?” This time Tristan looked at Wasabi with a bit more curiosity, shifting the Aquarium on his left shoulder to get a better view. Unfortunately, the rice hat didn’t let Tristan see much of the pirate’s hair. “Nice to meet you, I suppose. I’m a barber that’s attracted to lovely hair. That’s how I became acquainted with your crew’s chronicler.”

“An odd way to describe our meeting.”

“It’s the truth,” Tristan shrugged. He leered at Nerissa’s lovely blue locks, which fell past her shoulders. “You’ve not forgotten our promise?”

“I have not. However, I still have a few more things to buy before I can visit your shop on the Lucky Nova. Do you mind taking my purchases back to our ship in the meantime? It’s the third ship to the right. The largest one. Just dropping it on deck is enough. Once I finish, which shouldn’t take too long, I’ll meet you at the docks.”

Tristan arched an eyebrow. “Will you be alright on your own? Not going to pick a fight with another punk with a hammer, are you?”

Nerissa shook her head, smiling up at the red-haired barber. “I’ll be fine. Lady Aquarius watches over me.”

Tristan stared searchingly at the aqua eyes for a second or two, trying to decipher her intentions, before ultimately shrugging and doing as told. She didn’t strike him as a liar. And, for some reason, the girl felt stronger than she appeared. He couldn’t say why though. Perhaps it was the tranquil confidence in the way she spoke. Not loud nor boast-y like one who didn’t know their own limits. It was as if she was simply stating a fact. A truth she absolutely believed in.

CelticHero37 CelticHero37

Arlen Hakhassi (Red Ribbon, Fighter)

Lounging at a table in their ship’s kitchen, Arlen had to admit he was a bit surprised by all Jasper had to offer in terms of words, but didn’t interrupt the butler. The guy sounded like a regular teacher.

Taking the offered cup, Arlen sniffed at the beverage. Peach? He stared at the contents for a moment before shrugging, blowing a bit too cool, and downing the entire cup in one gulp. Hot, but not bad. Licking his lips, Arlen, returned his emerald gaze to the Red Ribbon first mate.

“For someone who speaks of fighting together with the crew, you sure keep a lot of secrets from them.” The young Leviathan commented idly. It wasn’t meant to be an insult. Just a passing thought since he didn’t fail to notice the eerie stillness at the mention of his former occupation. It wasn’t as if he nor Nerissa didn’t keep secrets either. Lady Nerissa especially. He wondered if she had told the crew all she could do. How she could add to the collective strength if she could call on the powers blessed to her by Aquarius. The powers that made her revered on Mirage Island as the Priestess of Water.

“I don’t actually know that much about you,” he reassured. “Just that your technique is the same as marine’s and that you’re loyal to a pirate. Easy enough to put two and two together and conclude you underwent some marine training, but are now no longer one of the World Government’s dogs. At the very least, I’ve never questioned your loyalty to Scarlet.”

Twirling the teacup on the tip of his pointer finger Arlen kept his eyes on the object as he continued. “You don’t have to cheer me up. A loss is loss and I’d lost to Tanaka on Mirestone. Every fight has to have a winner and a loser—that was how the competitions on my home island went—and I’ve been in enough fights to know that you can’t win ‘em all. Doesn’t mean I won’t try though. Winning fights is how I make a living. When I asked you about the technique…shave, Arlen tested the word. “I just wanted information on it so I can figure out how to beat it the next time I see it. Not take it as my own.”

Arlen caught the cup and when he faced Jasper, there was a grin on the teen’s face. “Buuut, learning it is even better. The fighting styles of you Outsiders are all so new to me it might be the best method to figuring out how to beat it~” A second later Arlen realized how distant and unfriendly the word often used on his home island sounded. “Outsiders is just what we call people living outside of Mirage Island. No one born on that island ever leaves it. Lady Nerissa and I are the first.”

The explanation was a short one, but Arlen didn’t particularly feel like going into detail. “When I told you my strength was my own, I only meant to say I have no idea how long I will remain with the crew and I’ll be taking my strength with me when our journey ends. I know where my true loyalty lies and it’s not with Captain Scarlet like the rest of you. I’m a pirate for now because Lady Nerissa likes Scarlet and is enamoured with the idea of finding One Piece, but we’ve both got duties to return to. People to return to. Certainly, I’ll fight with the rest of you to the best of my abilities while I’m a Red Ribbon. I know the basics of teamwork. It’s just…” Arlen looked back toward his teacup. “You’re being so helpful, I’m worried you might be expecting more than I’m willing to give. So I just wanted to set some things straight. If the Daughter of Aquarius is in danger, I will choose her over the safety of the entire crew.”

Philosophically it was kind of nice though. He certainly did feel like he carried the weight and wishes of the people of Mirage Island while he held the title of Leviathan. His master’s teachings were still with him. And if he learned the techniques of Jasper, the butler would be with him while he battled as well… Ok. That was a little cheesy. But it would prove helpful in the Grand Line, where many cursed Devil Fruit users were rumored to reside.

“As for when we start training, it’ll be when you’re ready and willing, First Mate. After all you're the one with more responsibilities on this ship.” Arlen smirked. "I'll be the one eating up your time."

AllHailDago AllHailDago

Last edited:
Kahr Barroes

Watching Echo speed off wasn't a new experience for the larger landbound mink. Finishing off his current transaction with the gentleman Kahr tucked away his goods into his pack and looked out to see what his friend had gone to do. She'd put some distance between them and seemed to have run into some crewmembers of a ship. Which honestly in of itself was mild worrying seeing how many pirates had been making port recently. He'd already had to interfere with a slaver group, not that he'd let Echo know. She didn't need to be involved in his troubles.

Or any troubles at that.

With that said he moved towards to ship quickly, his ear perked up and listening for any signs of potential conflict or trouble. Sure, Echo could handle her own in a one on one most days, but he couldn't be sure she had her talons with her, and even then they weren't going to lay a hand on her if he had anything to say about it. As he approached the gangplank, however, it seemed his caution was ill-suited for the crew as they largely appeared to be friendly.

Walking across the plank, the large Mink nodded and smiled at Echo, "Made some new friends, have we? What's drawn your attention, are they coffee traders perhaps?"

There was a hint of a smile flickering about Kahr's lips as he spoke, though he largely kept a neutral expression. Regarding the crew once more, he gave the a nod of greeting and let silence fall over as he awaited a response.

DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo

Kimiko of the Blossom

Kimiko had no eyes for anyone else, essentially ducking and dodging as well as parrying and deflecting blows as she and the other man went at it with fury. Despite the size of her opponent's sword he swung it with little trouble and, much to her relief, didn't just toss it around but actively controlled it like a proper swordsman. Because after all, simply dropping a blundering fool was going to be absolutely no fun at all what so ever.

Also nice was that after his first couple heavier swings that he watched her doge or deflect easily enough, he started playing attacks safe, recognising that she wasn't just some punk with hot running blood looking for a backyard scuffle. No, they both say the proper fight in each other.

It was just a shame how little the swordsman had to offer Kimiko.

Still, the pair traded deflections and parries for a minute or two before the man growled and took a few steps back, his eyes narrowing at Kimiko as she took the message clearly and likewise stepped back.

"Alright girl, enough of the games. I'd say we have a feel for each other. Time for a real fight, you got that?"

Kimiko simply nodded and reached down to her sash, drawing forth her rabbit ear engraved headband and pulled it up to her head, tying it off as she just noticed the Shark man and a new Bear man standing a ways behind. Regarding them, she grinned excitedly, "You may have gotten most of the bar, Sharky, but it seems this ones mine. If you're looking for hands on fun, this is my fishing spot."

Then, regarding the bear man she gave a quick wave, "Same to you, sit back and bear with me me here, I won't be long, I promise."

(Song curses)

Turning back to her foe, Kimiko nodded and grinned broadly, deciding it was finally time to put some effort into the game. Giving two light hops to keep her joints loose, she held her sword at ready and the pair began circling each other, both waiting for the other to make a move. It was the man that moved first, coming in quick with a feint and immediately swapped it around to swing the sword straight down.

To his shock Kimiko completely anticipated the feint and swung the side of Mamoru about, smacking him lightly in the face though with enough force to give him a nosebleed and anger him with the easy of the response. As he turned to ready himself he could see the girl give him that same airy, carefree smile and a simple shrug, as if to say 'oops' as she waited for him with her sword resting at the not ready. Responding to the opening quickly he tried to press the advantage of size by rushing her only to find she not only leaned back from his swing and let it sail right over her forehead followed up by spinning around his charge and rapping him at the back of his knee almost dead legging him completely.

Simple to say, he was pissed, and it was starting to show. It wasn't like he was completely inept, however, and anyone watching the fight that knew anything would see it. His attacks wee measured, his moves intentional and guarded, but for Kimiko it was child's play, the type of sparring she'd have done when she'd first started working with bladed swords at eleven. It was clear that the man hadn't had the same degree of fights as her as he delivered a handful more stinging blows to the man.

As she prepared to parry yet another swing Kimiko was caught off guard when one of the downed hunters, while mostly having cleared off, threw a bottle from the crowd. Making a point to dodge the bottle, her grip wasn't as ready when her opponent pressed the advantage and managed to knock Mamoru clean out of her hands, sending the iaito clattering to the ground.

Rather than make the predictable move of trying to struggle for the practice blade Kimiko let herself be pushed into a back pedal as she deftly stepped around and about the area, dodging every swing and thrust from the large blade the man carried. Waiting for a slow to the pattern, once it came in form of a right to left horizontal slash Kimiko kicked off the ground and threw herself into a spin parallel to the ground, her hair and kimono centimeters from being caught by the blade as she let it fly under her. Landing like a cat, she watched the blade's momentum be turned upwards as it was swung around with the intent on cleaving down at her from her left shoulder to right hip. Knowing she couldn't back out of this one her hand shot down like lightning to Kazumi before the pink blade arced up in a flash and splash of cherry blossoms suddenly flowing on an unknown breeze around the pair.

The larger sword's blade spun a few times through the air before coming down point first into the dirt. Absolutely dumbfounded the man looked down at the hilt and broken blade that only stuck up an inch from the crossgaurd before a roundhouse from Kimiko sent the hilt clattering to the ground as well. Without any hesitation the girl tossed her own sword to the side rather unceremoniously before sending a flat palmed strike straight into the man's gut. Doubling over, the man only had a second to register what had truly just happened before another strike hit him in the chin, then another across the side of the face.

Seeing as her opponent seemed completely out of it, Kimiko kept her assailing of the man going, and once he did try fighting back his punches were wide and wild, with little coordination compared to his swordsmanship. In fact, just like that the fight was about to be right back to boring until she heard a rush of feet behind her. The tell tale smell of tobacco laced spit told her all she needed to know. It seemed like the hunter was a tenacious, if not stupid, bastard. Simply assuming a wide right haymaker, due to the man's use of his right hand earlier, Kimiko spun around to the right while ducking low. Being right, she has in perfect position to drive a palm strike into the hunter's kidney while the pirate took the opportunity to recover.

Taking a couple hops backwards Kimiko laughed as she watched the brother's prepare to continue, but she could see their hesitation. Pushing forward she drove palm into the hunter's gut brutally, doubling him over before rolling over his back to get a strike in at the back of the pirate's right knee, forcing him to kneel. Using the pirate as a kick off, she leaped over his head and brought down her left palm right into the back of the hunter's head dropping him with finality as his face smashed into the ground. Then, simply rolling the momentum through her shoulders Kimiko brought her other hand up and delivered a equally vicious uppercut to the pirate's chin followed up with and roundhouse kick across his dazed and confused face sending him toppling to the side.

Taking a moment to ensure both parties were done, Kimiko laughed gaily and rolled her shoulders, stretching like one would after a light workout as she move to Kazumi first. Lifting the sword and blowing the dirt from the pink hued blade, she replaced it in it's loop as she moved over to and repeated the process for Mamoru. Walking back over to the Shark man she beamed proudly.

"Hope someone put a bet in my name, cause I sure did just double down, eh?"

Holding her arms out wide as she waited for a response, Kimiko shrugged when she seemed to get crickets in response and laughed anyway. Regarding the pair of animal people with curiousity, it only just clicked for Kimiko that she hadn't seen the bear man before.

"Sooooo, who's your friend there, you meet him in the bar?"

Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool Solemn Jester Solemn Jester AllHailDago AllHailDago

Last edited:
Echo Ekko

“did you say a HYENA man?!" The man who had helped Echo, that also appeared to be the captain of this crew, seemed thrilled at the thought of there being another mink nearby.

“Yeah! Kahr! He’s like my best friend - no wait he IS my best friend and -” Echo was about to continue on before she was cut off with a shout.

"Captain, there IS a hyena guy down the street!"

Echo whipped her head around to look where the girl was pointing but everything was so blurry! Her goggles must still be dirty, she should be able to see at least a little farther down the road...then again...Kahr could just be far enough away where her bad vision can’t see. Deciding to not trust her unfaithful eyes Echo closed them and twitched her giant ears and listened trying her best to tune out the excitement of the crew she was surrounded by.

Talking...but not Kahr’s voice, oh, a lady had fish for sale tho….and not for a bad price-NO! She needs to FOCUS! Talking….more talking….still not Kahr. There was what sounded like a SERIOUS bar fight going on somewhere, it was kind of distracting. Wait, footsteps...and they sound like Kahr! He WAS there and he was walking this way! Opening her eyes back up she indeed was able to see the blurry outline of her hyena friend.

It seemed like only a few moments before Kahr joined the group. "Made some new friends, have we? What's drawn your attention, are they coffee traders perhaps?" Seeing the smile that popped up on her friend’s face made her own smile even larger.

“I guess kinda friends, yeah! I mean I kinda knocked this poor guy into the water- TOTALLY AN ACCIDENT BY THE WAY! You see I heard someone say “artifact” and I got really excited because you know….ARTIFACTS and I flew over here then collision happened. SO yeah accident. ANYWAYS I fell into the water too - probably should’ve mentioned that earlier - then again you probably noticed cause my fur’s wet...oh...I should dry off....” Echo trailed off as she moved her wings around to finally get a look at herself.

Lifting her huge wings up she flapped them hard a few times and launched her body into the air with her feet, sending a few big gusts of air into the people around her. She landed herself on Kahr’s pack like she had done earlier before she snapped back to attention as she realized she was still supposed to answer a question. “What was I saying? Oh yeah! Friends, yeah so then we were saved and we were talking. So yeah, I think friends might be right!” She paused for a moment bringing one of her huge misshapen hands up to her face in a questioning look. “I didn’t ask if they were coffee trader though...OHMIGOD THAT WOULD BE AMAZING IF YOU WERE COFFEE TRADERS!! ARE YOU?! OHMIGOD I LOVE COFFEE IT'S MY LIFE BLOOD!! Kahr knows, he can vouch for me.” She shouted her question in excitement at the crew before her, anxiously awaiting a response.

Chak Chak AllHailDago AllHailDago

Limstella
There wasn't much Limstella had to add, as she started to follow Scarlet. Hopefully Cletus would also follow Scarlet. It didn't help that her mind kept on repeating the fact that she 'can't fight'. How many times did she think about her worthlessness in a battle. It was most likely in the thirties if not less by now. All she could most likely do was throw a metal fan that'll get blown away, because of the wind. Punching, and especially kicking were a no go. Her knowledge of throwing punches, and kicks were as miniscule, as Felix chances of coming back to them.

"So... Cletus you're carrying the bags," Limstella said aloud. "It's proper for a 'gentleman' to hold bags for a lady," She emphasized on the 'gentleman' part. She was mainly talking to either annoy, or humor Cletus. Obviously it was a bad attempt given that it sounded rather spoiled in her ears. A frown quickly grew on her voice when she thought about how terrible, she was humoring people. Man, she was no good at anything.

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

Users who are viewing this thread