Bogged Down in Balaggan Port

"Sharktooth Fin & Tabemono The Beast Child"
d501e0a34a3080f93dfa27ba87bdd1c65459a700a54750f849cbe03b997c71c0_1.jpg
74c5155bjw1fd7qhe8qsrj20qo0qowi2.jpg

Fin was happily drinking, filling his gullet up with ale. Not a care in the world as he sat in the dirty little pub. The sweet smell of liquor was all he needed to make his shark toothed smile shine. Of course while he was smiling carefree others seemed nervous of him. Most likely because of his sudden baring of teeth in a smile. Of course Fins teeth were much different from most. Being a Sharkman it was only normal that they'd be jagged, and razor sharp. Almost reminding him of spear heads. But he was so use to others being nervous around him that he paid it no mind. Of course he wasn't rich, so he couldn't exactly drink like he wanted. This first serving would probably be too much for him to pay off. He gave Tab a nudge at the side, letting him know they might have to ditch the pub.

Usually no one was gutsy enough to say anything, but on occasion he'd be meet with a firearm. Which would end either in a fight, them running, or having to do chores to pay off his bill. But suddenly a rather generous man walked in, and placed a might large sum of beli on the bar. Declaring he'd pay for Fins drinks. Fin raised a hand to Tab, letting him know the ditch was off. He smiled at the man a dangerous smile, ”Mighty kind of ya. But hope ye can afford it. I can really pud’em away.” He told the strange man as he ordered another dozen rounds of the good stuff. It was early, so Fin hadn't planned on drinking much. But if this man was willing to pay then it would be rude to not indulge somewhat. So he pounded them down, giving a cheerful yet terrifying smile to the stranger, then taking his hand in his giant Fishman mitts to shake, “Name's Fin, tha kid over der is Tabemono. Nice thanks fer tha drinks buddy.” He told Fletcher before returning to his drinks. He was beginning to feel the warm and fuzzies, sighs that he was somewhat buzzed from his beverage. He slammed his fist into the bar cheerfully, “Aye, yer a pretty genrous’ guy! So wot can I do fer ya buddy?” He asked the man continuing to enjoy his free booze. Usually he wouldn't go about asking befriending strange pirates, but he figured he could be somewhat civil. So far the man while somewhat suspicious, didn't seem malicious in intent."A pirate aye? Wat ya wan’me ta join yer crew?” He asked giving a look of expecting eyes, as though he’d experienced this before.

While Fin was ordering himself more booze, Tabemono had already taken to wandering around the pub - staring at all the interesting ornaments and decoration pieces on the interior walls of the establishment; things like anchors, the skeletons of fish as well as a few ‘interesting’ paintings which he couldn’t put his finger on what they were supposed to be. Out of all the decorations however, only a couple left him with the same unsettled feeling that he had during his time in the forest. The mounted heads of two animals - one of which Tabemono did not recognize as something he ever come across thus not being able to quite place a finger on what it might be, and the other of a creature which almost looked as if it could have been some distant cousin of Goncho. That was when, suddenly he was approached by a fairly large figure - the only notable descriptions on him being the numerous tattoo’s on both arms signifying the crew he belonged to, and others perhaps telling past events he’s experienced. Placing a hand on the child’s shoulder, the strange figure caught Tabemono’s attention with a genuine smile “Ah yes, this establishments pride n’ joy that is..Mounted em’ myself - say..You wouldn’t be interested in the thrill of the hunt now would you boy?” the man spoke with a rusty voice as if he had been yelling too much, Tabemono stood still and quiet for a few moments; he couldn’t quite fully understand what the man was saying, some words he didn’t know the meaning of such as ‘mounted’ and ‘hunt’ however from the pride the man took and the way he directly stared at the two heads of the sad creatures these people had slaughtered. Tabemono had a sick feeling in his stomach, saying nothing he just simply ducked and made his way out from under the manly figure’s arm and walked away without another word.

Reacting in surprise the man stared wide-eyed and almost confused. “Hey kid! Don’t just walk away like that!” reaching out to pull Tabemono back from his shoulder, his attempt of regaining attention and probably meaning no real harm but with an instant natural reaction from Tabemono he struck the hand down in a quick swoop of his hand staring back dead-eyed at the man who know swallowed in mere shock. “Ya little…” staring back behind the boy, he spotted another bulky figure behind the estranged child with a fin protruding from his back alongside another much more slimmed down tattoo’d figure he knew all too well. He stepped down “Heheh..Heh..Sorry lil’ fella, didn’t mean to scare ya - I’ll take my leave.” and he went back to his table in the corner of the pub. Tabemono continued to his destination, quickly making his place beside Fin, standing beside the stool and looking up to meet his face “Fin, I don’t want to stay here long.” he said with a stern tone, not paying mind to the two other figures that Fin were talking to - as far as he could tell so far they were just more drinking buddies he came across but after everything Tabemono saw so far made him want nothing more than to get off this port island and toward the ‘Grand Line’ he had been hearing so many stories about from Fin during the past year.
(Interacting with Darius AllHailDago AllHailDago , forgot to add this...)
(This was a collaboration post done by Solemn Jester Solemn Jester Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool )
(Color Code - Sharktooth Fin, Tabemono, Nyan & Nameless NPC's)

Last edited:
Kimiko of the Blossom

It was an easy day as Kimiko disembarked from the merchant ship she'd paid to give her a ride from the last island. It had been a nice place, but was a little bit too small for her wanderlust. Now, stepping off onto the dock of Balaggan port, Kimiko took in a deep breath as she smiled and waved goodbye to the captain of the merchant vessel. Making her way down the dock and into town Kimiko walked through the crowd, her smaller size allowing her to deftly move among the people without too much trouble. Technically the first thing she 'needed' to do was look around to see about finding a new job, but taking in the sights was always her default.

Making her way down the street, she smiled and waved at just about anyone that looked her way. Of course it wasn't difficult to draw attention. She wasn't the strangest looking one, but her bright attire did well enough to attract the attention of many a merchant. She usually just shook her head and thanked those that made her offers. It wasn't the fancy items that were drawing her attention anyhow. No, she was following her nose more than anything else, sniffing for a meal that would satiate her hunger for a fine meal. Thankfully it wasn't a difficult task, just a matter to moving through the stalls until something in particular caught her fancy.

"Ohhh, what is that?"

Stepping up to a stall, the man behind the counter grinned widely as he gestured to to pot emanating a savory steam. Taking a ladle the man stirred the pot and scooped up the meal inside, "Octopus soup, miss. Made with my own select choice of spices and herbs. A connoisseur of fine meals are we?"

"Always! I've kept an eye and nose out for fine meals ever since I left home," Kimiko responded enthusiastically, more than excited to try the new meal, "How much for a bowl sir?"

The man debated for a moment. On one hand, it was clear to him the girl was new, and he knew that like many a tourist he could hit her up for exorbitant prices, but on the other he recognised she was just a kid that had a clear interest in his food. At the end of the day, he couldn't imagine lying to the girl's face. That and she looked so excited...

Filling a bread bowl, he slid it across to the girl with a smile, "Don't worry about paying me. I make more than enough to be able to spare a bowl for a connoisseur. Just do me a favour eh? If you enjoy that, you come back tomorrow and try my eel kebabs. I'll be waiting for you."

Nodding and laughing, Kimiko picked up her bread bowl and took a sip, eyes almost glazing over at the taste. After promising to come back to try the eel kebabs, which she definitely wanted to enjoy those. Now what she really needed was a place to sit and perhaps get something to drink, which was convenient given that she was nearing what looked to be a pub. It wasn't particularly her scene, but they would serve water at least. Walking inside she made her way for the bar, passing a large, tattooed, grumbling man.

Upon reaching the bar she took a seat and putting down her bowl, Kimiko waved the bar tender over. The man eyed her somewhat, to which she simply laughed and shook her head. She had a good feeling about what he was going to ask, and she had no issue giving him a proper answer.

"Before you ask, I'm probably too young to drink. I'm just looking for a glass of water. Please."

A moment later a glass was slid across to her and she promptly began eating her meal, heedless of anyone else at the bar as she focused solely on her amazing meal.

Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool Solemn Jester Solemn Jester

Mizuki_Reikon-Banner.jpg

Mizuki shifted her focus more towards Trista as she spoke. She couldn't help but feel there was something strange about her, not just by her wording of things. It was far to busy of a place to really be able to pick up all that much about her. She could vaguely hearing the tapping of her hand on the hilt. She could only figure she was likely impatient. Lacking vision tended to make it harder to pick up on someone's mood, specially with Trista who had a rather, strange way of speaking. She turned her head in the direction of Yummy as he spoke. She let out a soft sigh as if in defeat.

"Yeah yeah... I got it... its fine okay... I believe you." She spoke in a much less pointed tone of voice towards the strange man. She seemed to relax a bit putting aside her frustration as she lightly tapped her staff against her shoulder. He didn't seem to be disingenuous with his words, if anything he just was a bit, strange. She could only assume his rather odd demeanor might be the cause of Trista's reaction. She seemed as if she was gravely dying to escape from the lively Yummy.

She pivoted her body in response to a new voice. It took a moment for her to even register what the woman was asking. Almost immediately her head perked up as if suddenly jolting to life. Were the spirits all setting up such an elaborate ruse in order to have fate play perfectly to her benefit? What were the odds someone would even come around asking specifically for a Navigator? She smiled brightly as her mind raced. She needed to be confident... to properly show she was navigator material. Her attention focused solely on the woman as she stepped forward.

"Y... yes! Mizuki Reikon here, Navigator extraordinaire!" She spoke, bowing her head facing the direction of the woman. Her blank eyes kept roughly locked on towards her face. She was perhaps overplaying her abilities a bit much. Truthfully much of her navigation work was only really as an assistant. She had shown herself capable but she never had the chance to be the one in charge. It wasn't as if most crews were so eagerly to allow some poor blind girl to take on a job that eye site was often viewed as a requirement for.

Sugary_Paragraphs Sugary_Paragraphs simj26 simj26 shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Mitchs98 Mitchs98

Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivruski IV
Turquoise Shells
Ed squinted suspiciously at Nerissa when asked what her favorite color was. It was as is she sensed Nerissa's devious plans to buy a dress from the look she was giving. Then, leaning in closer to Nerissa, she stated with finality, "Tur-quoise tor-toise tut-tle tur-tle tree... HEEHEE!"

Spinning on her heels, Ed marched after the captain rambling to herself in beat with her steps, "Tur-quoise tur-tle, tur-quoise tur-tle, tur-quoise tort-OISE! and a tuttle tree..."

As the group began to shop in the market, Ed began to notice a strange phenomenon. One by one, the members of their group began to disappear. Of course, Ed hadn't been paying that close attention and it was likely they had just stopped off at another shop they had been interested in. However, she found herself wanting to ask Nerissa a question, so she slipped out of the shop Scarlet was in and began to wander around, still mumbling to herself, "Tur-quoise tur-tle... tur-qoise tur-tle... tur-tle tur-quoise?"

Fishy Ladies and Squishy Maties
It wasn't long before something caught her eye. It was a strange jellyfish woman. Growing silent for a moment, Ed's eyes widened. Then, after a moment, she murmured, "Oooh, squishy lady... HEE! SQUISHY LADYYYYY!" Ed lunged forward in a mad charge toward the strange woman with arms outstretched. Before anyone had a chance to react, she had flung herself onto the woman in a big hug; which was promptly followed by a violent stinging sensation. Ed's hair stood on end as she continued to hold on for a moment longer as she shook with convulsive laughter before letting go and stumbling away slightly. She coughed out two more laughs and began to collapse to the ground. The last words out of her mouth being, "The boocow says MOOOOGABOOGAAAaah... bleh." As she did so, Ein shot out -- having been converted into a giant puffball of hair -- and hid in a bush before chattering angrily.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo thatonespacytallgirl thatonespacytallgirl Phayne Phayne Felix Felix

Last edited:
#Don’tHugJellyfish

Anjellyka, Kate, Jayjay, Ed

“I-I’m a fishman?” Anjellyka’s whole world collapsed around her. First she was human, or so she thought, but now she is this strange species of creature that she didn’t even know existed?! She grew quiet at the thought of everything she knew being wrong.

“Hey it’s okay.” Kate jumped in, noticing the distressed tone in Jelly’s voice. “You’re awesome no matter what species you are. And I’m a fishman too so… you aren’t the only one.”

“You’re flattery is almost as charming as this good man over here, just not quite.” Jayjay said. “Though I’ve never been called specimen before… well, I guess it’s just another way of saying that I am unique and interesting, so I’ll just take it as a compliment.”

Anjellyka was only slightly comforted by Kate’s words until something the man said pulled her from her thoughts completely. “D-Did you say food? A-And drinks? …..I would like some food….and drinks….” She grew quiet as she finished speaking.

An awkward silence followed in which only the three growling stomachs could be heard.

“Well, I don’t have a lot of money so I’m all for free food, especially if that’s what Anjellyka wants.” Kate agreed.

Jayjay tried to take a step forward towards the shop, but felt that something held him back. Thing was pulling frantically at his trousers. He clasped the cloth and tried to pull back with all the force he had. “What is it Thing? Did you have some other fancy place in mind for food?”

Thing let loose of the leg for a short moment and made some very fast and angry gestures. It was too fast to understand all of it, but he kept pointing at the store owner and making some very reluctant gestures. “Don’t make such rude gestures now, Thing. This man is just very kind to invite us in and give us food. It is very disrespectful to make such gestures.”

Thoughts of food clouding her non-existent judgment, Anjellyka walked toward the establishment. After only taking a few steps she froze as she felt something throw itself onto her. Instantly, she felt her venomous barbs activate and it was only a moment before the thing released her in a strange laughter. Whipping around Anjellyka saw a small child stumble away and collapse to the ground speaking words that she didn’t even know existed.

“No, no, NO!” Anjellyka shouted and ran over to the victim of herself but refrained from touching them more.

“Shit!” Kate ran over to the fallen kid and kneeled next to them. “Shit! Shit! I don’t know what to do! I heard somewhere that you have to… pee on the wound…” Kate blushed and looked up at her new friends. “But… that can’t be right… right?”

Jayjay’s doctor senses were triggered ashe heard Kate talk. “Step aside! And don't panic.” He walked over and kneeled as well. He opened his back and brought out some cotton. “I’m a doctor, I know how to handle these things. Thing, some assistance, please.” Thing hurried over, glad that the shop was temporarily off their minds. “Please hand me those Electric Eel Funghi we harvested a month ago.” Thing rummaged in the back and pulled the right bottle out. Jayjay grabbed it and poured some on the cotton. He held the cotton ball under the kid’s nose.

There was a long moment of tension where there was no response from Ed, not even a breath. Ein popped his head out of the bush and squeaked a question that only Ed would’ve understood. Then, suddenly, Ed shot up like a board and pointed to her right, calling out, “THAT WAY!! Huh?”

Ed’s eye twitched, then she looked over to Jayjay with an inquisitive look. Then she started to sniff. She gradually moved her attention toward Kate until her eyes lit up. Then, lunging forward, she bit down on Kate’s arm with a ‘chomp’ and began to gnaw at the fishy extremity.

“What the FUCK!” Kate cried, pulling at the child and shaking he arm in an attempt to dislodge her. “GET EM OFF GET EM OFF GET EM OFF GET EM OFF! I’M NOT YOUR LUNCH!!!”

Anjellyka watched in horror as the once collapsed child flung to life and attacked Kate. She jumped to her feet and ran over to help get the attacker off but stopped knowing she couldn’t touch them and backed off, frustrated at the situation.

Ed would have continued to battle for what seemed like a meal, but then something caused her to stop. Letting go of the arm, she said, “Hmm, something’s burning…” This was followed by a violent convulsion, and then another, and another until Ed was back on the ground having a seizure and hyperventilating.

In the meantime Jayjay and Thing worked frantically on an antidote. Jayjay quickly walked over to Anjellyka and scooped some of the venom from her tentacles. The whole tentacle came off while he did it. Jayjay shrugged, no time to apologize or ask for consent. Thing was already collecting some spores that could possibly cure it. Jayjay quickly walked back and chopped the tentacle in smaller parts with his short sword. He picked the spores from Thing and ground the with a pestle and mortar. Thing poured in some kind of liquid and the concoctions became clear liquids. Jayjay poured some on a piece of tentacle. It immediately shrunk and writhed. He looked over to the kid. “Kate, hold him down so I can administer this! Anjellyka, you just stay where you are.”

“Got it!” Kate grabbed the kid’s shoulders with her lower two arms and the kid’s arms with her upper two arms, holding them in place while Jayjay worked. She was still grumpy about being bitten but she still didn't want the poor kid to die via Jellyfish venom.

Being told to stay Anjellyka stood still, watching the situation. This was her fault. This was happening...because of her...and there was nothing she could do to help. She felt so useless and simply turned her face to the ground and remained silent. After a moment or two Anjellyka began to walk towards the store she had almost entered earlier. She was not needed out here, and she probably wasn’t wanted out here. Not saying a word, she left her newfound friends.

Jayjay was finally done. He walked over to Ed. He wanted to comfort Anjellyka as she was walking away, but now was not the time. He kneeled down next to the kid again. As he lifted his arm up, a small yellowish sparkle could be seen. Then he brought down his arm to the kids neck, penetrating it with the syringe. “That should do it for now.”

“Wait! Anjellyka!” Kate called out as Anjellyka ran off into the store. Kate wanted to follow her but she knew she couldn’t abandon Jayjay and his patient. She gritted her teeth as she focused on holding the kid down. She suddenly felt a prick in one of her arms and turned to see Thing injecting her with something. “Huh? Why am I getting an injection too?” As the liquid entered her body, Kate felt a stinging sensations spread out from the injection point. “Shit, that stings.” Kate grumbled, but remained focused on her task.

When Ed was injected, the convulsions didn’t stop at first, restrained only by Kate. Her eyes began rolling to the back of her head and she started to foam at the mouth. This lasted for a few moments, then things began to calm down. Her breathing returned to normal, the muscle spasms subsided gradually, and her eyes relaxed. Licking her lips and swallowing to clear her throat, Ed closed her eyes, and rolled into a fetal position while wrapping her arms around one of Kate’s arms and seemingly falling asleep.

“Sorry about that. Medicine is rarely pleasant. And also sorry for the second one, I had to make sure that the bite wouldn’t contaminate you.” Jayjay told them. “You can loosen your grip now. We should get the kid somewhere safe and comfortable. And then we have to feed the kid a lot and make sure that they drink enough water.” He stopped for a moment, thinking about places to bring the kid. The ship was too far and he didn’t see any taverns around. And then he suddenly remembered the shop next to him. Anjellyka was already inside anyways. “Kate, will please help me carry the kid inside this kind man’s shop?”

“I can carry the kid on my own.” Kate scooped the kid up with little effort with her upper two arms while her lower two rested on her hips. “We should head that way though, Anjellyka ran in there and I’m worried about her.”

“That’s exactly the one I meant” Jayjay said as he started following her. Thing made some hysterical movement like a advertisement windy man blowing in the wind. He scurried over and tried to pull them back again. However, this time Jayjay and Kate were lost in thought and did not even notice him. Thing tried even harder, but deep down he knew that it had no avail. It was inevitable now. They were entering the sketchy shop. As the group entered the shop, Ein made a few trills as if in agreement to whatever Thing was trying to say, but when he realized they weren’t listening, he quietly scurried after them to make sure nothing bad happened to Ed.

No jellyfish or children were harmed in the making of this post
Phayne Phayne thatonespacytallgirl thatonespacytallgirl CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Felix Felix

Watanabe Hotaka Wasabi
BAMboomerang
Wasabi had left the ship, disappearing into the throngs of people on his way to the farmer's market. He needed to stock up, and he preferred cooking with fresh ingredients, so he tended to avoid canned and preserved foods as much as possible. Although that wasn't entirely avoidable when out at sea, those were the last things he'd be getting.

He didn't quite make it to the farmers market before something caught him by surprise. Something collided with the back of his head as if someone were attacking him. That was completely unexpected. He would scold himself later for that lapse of judgement. Stumbling forward a step, he threw his hand up to catch his rice hat; which had almost fallen off his head. A lock of his white hair managed to flash in the rays of the sun, but was promptly hidden again.

Straightening up and spinning around, Wasabi found himself looming over a kid. His death glare turned to one of confusion as he stared at Travis. It was then that he heard the boys brother -- or perhaps it was his father -- yelling at a merchant. Out of curiosity, he picked up the boomerang and inspected it. He could instantly tell that the curve of the wood had not been crafted correctly. It was nothing more than a display. On top of that, the wood was of poor quality and would likely start to crack soon.

Shaking his head, Wasabi reached behind him and pulled out a boomerang he had strapped to his back. It was only a basic boomerang that he carried with him most of the time, but it was of good quality and the designs -- in the artistic style of his village -- wouldn't hinder its performance.

Holding it out to the boy, he said, "Give that one a try."

The he walked over to the stall where Roy had been arguing with the merchant. Setting the boomerang on the counter, he said, "I'm going to assume you take refunds."

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

Jasper Pharos

Jasper had dutifully followed Lady Scarlet from store to store as she perused and purchased what have you. The first time he found himself shopping with her was quite a surprise. For the Lady he now served may not always be the most.... astute or..... tactful of individual when it came to social or combat based situations. However when she was in a store or shop it was like watching a master swordsman cut down a field of foes. It was somehow weirdly equal parts terrifying and awe inspiring. She was detail oriented, capable of making snap choices on comparative pricing, and could somehow always tell when a product was lacking authenticity.

Speaking of, she had apparently realized the leather goods in their recent shop had been fake all along. He was honestly impressed, being unable to tell them apart himself. Perhaps he would ask her later how it was she could tell. A texture? A smell? A particular dying aging? He was curious to find out. However as he followed Lady Scarlet from the store he saw something a middling distance away. A gleam of silver most promising. He could tell even from a hundred feet away that he was looking at a genuine tea pot. No mere mockery would tempt him so. He had to get it. He glanced at Lady Scarlet and the tea pot in succession.

She had multiple companions and it was the middle of the morning. Surely if something went awry he would know and be able to reach her, and she would be defended by their other members. There should not be any harm in his own personal detour. "Pardon Lady Scarlet, but I believe I have a particular set of items I must purchase." He half bowed. "May the remainder of your shopping trip be more productive than it has been thus far." With that he made his way through the bustling crowds to the saleswoman with the tea pot. She had a variety of other goods but his only interest was the tea pot.

Their exchange was pleasant enough, and it turned out she was one of very few he did not have immediate unpleasant feelings towards since arriving at this port. Whereas most others appeared to be scammers she seemed to deal in faith. He parted with his money and gained the tea pot, as well as a kind word about how nice a lad he was and how no one his age normally appreciates tea brewed properly anymore. Afterwards he went on his way straight back to the ship. Arriving quick as he could, he was quite excited to test out his new purchase. He wondered if anyone was still aboard who would like a cup.
Lady Warlock Lady Warlock QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Darius Fletcher
Darius gave a prominent grin to Fin. "Pleasure to meet ya. No need to worry about what I can and can't afford, I am quite comfortable monetarily." He watched in a bit of shock at the rate at which Fin put back the alcohol. It wasn't a quantity Darius could not himself consume with mild to moderate effect depending on the alcohol's strength, but he was not one to put it back so rapidly personally. "My, you weren't kidding quite impressive." He gave a rough glance at the quantity he had drank and what he had left and tossed another smaller bag of coin to the bartender. "I am not here to recruit if I am being quite honest. I just like to spread cheer and have a good time, I'm sure you understand. However you do seem a man who travels the seas often. Perhaps if you come across anyone looking to hire a crew of pirate musicians you point them to the Wolfwind's, eh? We can be handy back up in a fight, but our biggest seller is party entertainment, and boy do pirates ever love to throw huge parties for one reason or another it seems."

He was going to say more but was distracted by a lovely lady walking in suddenly. He suddenly had to decide between going to flirt, and being mannerful to his new acquaintance here. He gave a glance back to Andre, who was mid drink but still shook his head no at Darius. He sighed and nodded, but as he turned back to Fin he suddenly heard and felt a ringing in his jacket. Reaching inside he pulled out a Den Den Mushi that had taken on the form of many a woman Darius had consorted with throughout his musician and pirating career thus far. This time it took on the appearance of Alex, the woman he had only just met within the last hour. He blinked in a bit of surprise, honestly having expected her to pawn off the Den Den Mushi on another person. He gave Fin an apologetic smile and stepped just outside the pub to answer.

"Why hello, Alex. I must say I am shocked you called so soon. I can't imagine you changed your mind so suddenly. What can I do for you?"

Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool Solemn Jester Solemn Jester Phayne Phayne shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Chak Chak

Captain Scarlet Johanna Indigrid
It wasn’t until she’d stormed out of the shoe shop and wandered quite a ways that Scarlet realized that she was slowly losing the little party that she’d assembled to come shopping with her. Mentally facepalming, she remembered that she’d told Nerissa that they’d be in that shop and now… well, obviously they weren’t there anymore and Scarlet had no intention of returning.

There were a few things that made the situation just a little bit better, though. Jasper had kinda told her where he was going and she knew she could trust him to return to the ship in time. Scarlet was also really glad that she’d decided to tell everyone to be back at the ship at a certain time. Hopefully it was enough to prevent her from losing any more of her crew. Scarlet still saddened when she remembered that they’d lost two on their last trip and she was determined to prevent Balaggan from turning into a repeat of The Hallows in that regard.

And Scarlet was fairly certain she knew where most of her party had gone off to. Nerissa had gone off in search of Limstella who they’d lost. Jasper went to shop on his own - which was fine. Ed was…

“Wait…” Scarlet had to stop herself mid thought as she looked through the crew members who were still with her. Then she voiced that concern out loud. “Where did Ed go!?” Her eyes scanned what had at first been a rather large party and she realized she was down to two people.

Cletus and Limstella were with her.

“Wait…” Her eyes widened when she processed that Limstella was there. “Limstella!? Nerissa went to look for you. Did she find you and send you back here or is Nerissa lost now too?” Her inquiry, as usual, was rather loud and robust. Scarlet didn’t have a ‘volume decrease’ option anywhere in any mindset she was capable of. Sighing, she continued, “Ahh… this is a disaster!”

Her head shook rather frantically and then… then Scarlet caught a glimpse of something that silenced her completely. There was a woman walking with a blue scarf and Scarlet recognized the work almost immediately as something made of true silk. True silk in a place like this… it shouldn’t have been possible, but it was. All panic ceased and the captain scurried over to the woman who was wearing it. “Excuse me, but might I ask where you purchased that? Was it here on the island?”

The woman smiled and nodded. “Of course you can ask! And yes, it’s from Blue Rose Fashion. The shop’s at the end of the line and quite busy. The fabrics are all authentic, though. That I assure you!” The woman spoke as though she knew exactly the kind of problem Scarlet would run into everywhere else.

“Thank you so much!” Her attention shifted and she waved her arm to her remaining small party of Red Ribbon Pirates. “Come on, guys! We’re going this way!”

Blue Rose Fashion was their next destination.

AllHailDago AllHailDago Misuteeku Misuteeku shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Kahr Barroes and Echo Ekko

Balaggan Port, to be honest Echo was growing bored of the place. There were too many people and too much chaos for her liking. However, she and Kahr had to make do, they needed supplies and this was the only market around. She flew over the tops of buildings to avoid the crowd, her wings making it too difficult to move around a bunch of people. Landing on a rooftop she glanced around to see what shops she was near and compared them to a supply list she had wrapped around her neck.

Looking down she saw Kahr was ahead of the game and getting some of what they needed. Or so she assumed anyway, her sight wasn't one of her strengths. Twitching her huge ears toward her friend she could hear him speak. Seems he had stuck a good deal with the merchant over some quality meat. She snickered to herself knowing the reason was probably due to Kahr's appearance, no one wants to give a giant hyena a bad deal on meat.

"I've made a solid deal on salted pork, salted fish too. Managed to get a little bit of fowl, but you know it doesn't last as long. The canvas is in my pack right now as well. We need writing supplies, but personally I think the port would be the next stop. If we go by distance and don't want to back track."

Kahr pushed his way through the crowds easily, most people getting out of his way for him. As he came up on the road he could either go straight to or left. One led to paper, the other led to docks. Looking back up at Echo, Kahr spoke again.

"Circle left for docks, circle right for paper Echo. Your choice."

As he waited for her response he noted a coffee vendor and sighed. He may as well grab his friend a cup while he was down here.

Hearing her friend's words Echo thought about the choice. She needed paper but the docks always seems so much more exciting...but she did need pap- screw it, the docks were way better. With a few flaps of her wings she took off from the rooftop and circled left for docks to explain her choice before starting to fly in that direction. She was halted when her nose caught the scent of coffee. Flapping her wings to hover in the air she frantically glanced around and twitched her ears. She heard Kahr's voice yet again, this time ordering some of her favorite drink.

Not wanting to wait another second before tasting the sweet bitterness of the drink she dive bombed toward her friend. With one quick swoop before she touched the ground she clung her feet to the bottom bar of the coffee merchant's tent. She hung there upside down anxiously awaiting her drink.

"Omigosh Kahr this is awesome! EEEEE!!!" She squealed in excitement.

The Hyena mink simply nodded as he took the drink and held it up over his shoulder. It would be easy enough for the smaller girl to perch on his pack as he walked towards the docks, and would be easier for her to enjoy her drink than if she were trying to fly with it.

Honestly, he wasn't sure why she liked it so much any how. It was too bitter for his tastes. Still, to each their own, and he smiled at the thought of his friend enjoying her drink as they made their way towards the ported ships.

Seeing his cue, Echo flapped her wings and grabbed onto Kahr's pack with her feet. Once she had a secure hold, she grabbed the drink with both of her winged hands, clasping the cup carefully was more difficult than it seemed. With a single sip she was in heaven but the drink seemed to not last very long as soon there was nothing left. "It never lasts long enough Kahr! I need a cup that never empties. No I need like a pool of coffee, no NO like an OCEAN of coffee. Yeah. Aw man that would be so greattttt~!" Echo dreamed.

Looking around her with more her ears than her eyes Echo heard someone say the word "artifact". It instantly caught her attention. With a thrust of her wings she lept back into the air and tried to pinpoint the conversation again. Finally getting the right people she flew closer. A man with black hair seemed to be carrying something on board his ship that was shiny. Could that be the "artifact"?! The archaeologist inside her was pulling her closer to the possible artifact. What could it be?! She had to know!

Wait, WAIT SHE WAS FLYING TOO FAST! "WATCH OUT!" She called. Before she could slow herself she crashed into the black-haired, tan skinned man, knocking both of them into the water below.

Standing back where Echo had launched off his back from, the mink that was Kahr could only sigh as he watched the ensuing chaos. This was going to certainly be an interesting day.

"I wonder if they have any deals on seafood here today," he mused to himself.

Chak Chak AllHailDago AllHailDago

Last edited:
61ff26d1fc9be2058cbccf7788f3155d.png

mig

"Oh sweet child, whatever do you mean?" replied Madame Sirosia though her question was mostly rhetorical. Her face was presently covered by a veil, as she began to extend both her hands over the crystal ball and beginning to hover her hands over it. The room smelled strongly of lavender incense, so much so that it almost felt like you would choke on it; smoke trails rising towards the ceiling of the caravan as the incense candles burnt away. A faint orange glow flickered within the room, the dancing flame of waxed candles helping to create an almost surreal atmosphere.

"Please sit, I'm sure a beautiful young child like yourself must be worn out after today's haul" with one of her hands she gestured towards the free seat directly before her. "Go ahead, no need to be afraid... if everything is as you believe, then there should be nothing to worry about" a faint chuckle escaped her mouth. Returning both hands over the crystal ball, Madame Sirosia returned to her slowly paced hand movements, her gazed fixed firmly into the center of the crystal ball as she stared through the mist within.

"Yumi Tahiro, you said your name was?" whispered Madame Sirosia, her head raising slightly to reveal a dark green eye. She knew full well that Yumi had not revealed her name, this was merely a ploy of her's, a somewhat childish act on her part. Sirosia simply wanted to see the reaction of the non-believer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

8428c78a0dcac55312aec54b0703db0c.png

budel-magi-the-labyrinth-of-magic-9.24.jpg

The short man had remained motionless as he waited for their answer; his face almost frozen in that oddly weird smile of his; his hands clasped over one another. The trio seemed to mull about for quite awhile, deciding among themselves whether or not it was wise to take him up on their offer though any sane person would have been bonkers to outright refuse his hospitality. In a place such as Balaggan, it was rare to meet a man of such open generosity, though his eagerness to 'help' could only last so long before his patience waned and on the verge of waning it was.. until movement drew his attention; the flying form of a young girl moving past him in slow motion, both her hands outstretched and the most ridiculous of smiles on her face as she neared the unsuspecting fishwoman.

What happened next took everyone by shock. "Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear dear dear" gasped the man, hopping on the spot and doing mini pirouettes as he flailed about in panic, both hands pressed against his pudgy cheeks. A young girl sprouting utter gibberish from her mouth lay motionless before them, she had fallen victim to the JellyFishWoman's sting "Quickly Quickly, Someone get a medic~!" he shouted, as a large audience began to gather around the scene. Faint murmuring could be heard among the crowd members, anti-fishmen remarks whispered among the lips of men and woman who held no love for their species; yet tolerated their existence. To those unaware of the full story, it had simply looked like an unprovoked attack by a fishman onto a little girl; it simply couldn't look any worse.

A medic however was unneeded as the living corpse sprung into action; the absurd view of his sentient detached hand acting as his assistant was enough to scare a hefty portion of onlookers away. The chubby merchant however had remained, albeit reluctantly. The odd and creepy sight before him had triggered a reaction within him, the taste of bile beginning to rise slowly. It was taking everything in his power to stop himself from keeling over and puking up the contents of his last delicacy.

With the color in his face paling, the man watched on; flinching slightly as Ed sprung back to life; only to suddenly attempt eating away at Kate Thulu; the sight of which had caused a rush of blood within the man. Rather then have his face go pale; a shade of deep red had begun to appear as he watched Ed harm the unsuspecting fishwoman, how dare this fool damage something so exquisite, yet that wasn't enough to prepare him for the sight of Jayjay ripping off one of Anjellyka's tentacles. "How barbaric, How utterly utterly barbaric" muttered the man as he struggled to contain his anger.

Thankfully however before he could act upon his anger, he had caught sight of Anjellyka separating herself from the group and had used her as an excuse to make his own exit, waddling at a brisk pace to keep up with her as she entered his store. His anger at having two of his three 'target's being 'damaged' put on hold for now, the man took this opportunity to converse one on one. "Now now sweetheart, it wasn't your fault... you did nothing wrong" chimed the man as he caught up with her, and attempted to console her. "That silly little girl came out of nowhere... only a fool would grab a jellyfish's tentacles" he continued, though unbeknownst to Anjellyka, the man had been signalling to several of his workers with subtle hand gestures behind her back. The men nodded and began to make preparations, one of them taking it upon themself to usher out the stores current occupants, whilst another stood guard at the front door, awaiting the rest of them to enter.

"Here here, have a seat" he ushered, grabbing Anjellyka by her hand though instead of the thin handkerchief he had before, he was not sporting a thick towel wrapped around his hand. "I'm sure the little girl is fine, your friends seem to know what they were doing out there"

Felix Felix CelticHero37 CelticHero37 thatonespacytallgirl thatonespacytallgirl DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo

Limstella
Quiet sighs came out of Limstella mouth as she eyed Scarlet, who just realized the majority of the crew just left to attend to their own devices. Scarlet herself was a little busy as she started to ramble on about how Nerissa was out to find her, but she didn't necessarily care at the moment. It was rather annoying, however on how loud Scarlet getting on her about Nerissa. However thankfully Scarlet's attention caught something else like a kid who had never seen a dog before.

Then Limstella who was currently here with Scarlet. Drawing her hand, and gently placing it on her face she groaned. Only Cletus, and herself were accounted for. Cletus could handle himself, but her? There was no way that she could handle herself let alone help the captain when it was needed. All she had was a bag of herbs if she last checked, her metal fan which was equally useless as a broken ship was confiscated from her if she did so remember. Groaning she only followed Scarlet hopping Cletus would do the majority of the work.

Emilie De Cortagne
"That sounds most agreeable, thank you," Emilie said with a subtle nod. "My... dedication as you say is nothing special, merely the product of my upbringing. I was taught that by dedicating oneself to the pursuit of an ideal one can be freed from the chains that bind most people. The weak are bound by circumstance or custom, the strong can ignore those boundaries but are drawn so strongly towards their desires that they can only move towards them, so they are no less bound. But by setting aside one's desires to serve another or an abstract it's possible to be neither and thereby fully express one's free will,"

Emilie appeared thoughtful as she moved through the crowd. "I had always assumed that such thinking was fairly widespread and that my training was nothing remarkable. However the further I have traveled the less true that appears to be... Oh this store might have some of what we need," Emilie said, suddenly snapping into business mode as the pair passed a faded but clean storefront calling itself Waker's Quality Fabrics & Threads

"I'm uncertain as to whether they will have all of the more esoteric materials required for your craft Ms Talone, but they should at least have the basics," Without really waiting for an answer Emilie lead the way into the store, pushing open the door and causing a soft bell to chime.

Emilie cast a critical eye around the store. It was tolerably clean, which was mandatory to receive her business. It wasn't up to her own work, but Emilie didn't hold storekeepers to that lofty standard maintaining a clean working environment was only a small part of the art they strove to master after all. In addition to being clean, the store was also neat and charming enough, with silvery wooden flooring and quaint, pale blue wallpaper. Most of the available floor space was taken up with specially designed shelves holding thick rolls of different fabric, though one sections was devoted to spools of thread. Behind the counter sat a young man with a pleasant face and a polite smile and further behind him one could see an array of old fashioned, iron wrought machines for measuring and cutting. There was a scent in the air particular to new fabric.

Seeing there were no other customers presently Emilie strode up to the counter as the young man behind it finished what sounded like a pre rehearsed greeting.

"I'm looking to stock up on fabric for patching clothes with," Emilie said, with a polite nod to acknowledge the greeting. "I expect them to encounter considerable wear and tear but they also need to be decently presentable when necessary so they need to be as close as possible to the original fabrics and I'll need matching thread,

Emilie began rattling off a long list of different fabrics and colors, matching more or less everything the rest of the crew ever wore. Since she had been doing their laundry for some time now she was familiar with their wardrobes and was seemingly able to recount the particulars from memory.

74c5155bjw1fd7qhe8qsrj20qo0qowi2.jpg

Fin smirked at Darius, chugging down another pint as he tossed down another sack of coin.”No wuries friend, I'll be shur’ta send anyan lookin fer a good time yer way.” Fin stopped as he said this, letting the implications of his words sink into his muddle mind.”Oh..well, ya know what aye mean. Hahahaha!!” He bellowed in amusement. Before turning his attention back to Tab, who was now speaking to him in a stern tone. He gave him a glassy stare, then flashed him his sharkish smile, before patting him on the noggin, and ruffling his already messy hair.”In a sec, I'm havin a conversation wit dis nice fella.” He told him turning back to Darius, simply too drunk to notice the worry on Tabemono's expression. But was surprised to seem him leaving. He shrugged it of, giving him a wave. Then looked at Tab and frowned, seemingly annoyed by his want to leave.”Eh, ahright, lemme finish dese last pints. Den we can head out, an figure out where ta go from here.” He assured Tab, quickly emptying the mugs of booze, and standing to his full height. He stretched his shoulders, and yawned,”Hehehe! Ok les go kiddo.” He said giving Tab a pat on the back, and heading towards the pub door.

Tabemono twiddled his thumbs waiting to get out, he still wasn't tall enough to see over the counter but he heard everything Fin said loud and clear, and couldn't help but feel a little relieved at the notion of leaving this place. Especially after noticing the deadly glances he was receiving from the table the man he shoved off was sitting down at, and he didn't seem so cheery any more... Trying his best to keep his eyes looking in front of him instead of behind, he noticed at a passing glance a figure entering the room which caught Tabemono’s eyes in almost an instant. A woman, draped in a crimson kimono that roughly reminded him of his own under an armoured breast-plate and long black hair parting around her eyes by an armoured headband, giving off the overall impression that she was a warrior of sorts. Watching her join the bar only a few feet away from him, Tabemono was almost tempted to approach the woman if it hadn't been for the piercing looks he was receiving from the other side of the building stopping him from going anywhere without Fin by his side. So, he gripped onto the lower end of Fin’s tank-top and edging him closer to the exit..

Fin was just about ready to leave, having had enough of the place already. This wasn't because he was tired of drinking. He could never be tired of that. He had just hated this vibe he was getting from the place. Eyes staring holes through him, and the foul stench in the air. Nothing could keep him from leaving. Well, except maybe for an attractive girl. Suddenly Fin stopped, his eyes drawn to this new hottie who had entered the pub. He could feel Tabs hand on his tank-top. But instead of heading towards the exit he approached the girl in the white kimono. He leaned against the wall his massive frame eclipsing her.”Aye there cutie. What's a gal like yah doin in here? Ya lost? If yeh want i could assist ya in getting wherever ya need to go?” He said a vague suggestive tone to his voice and Tabemono had little choice but to stick around a little longer..

(This was a collaboration post done by Solemn Jester Solemn Jester & Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool )
(Interacting with AllHailDago AllHailDago ; Darius Fletcher Chak Chak ; Kimiko of The Blossom)

Last edited:
Kimiko of the Blossom

Mostly absorbed in enjoying her fine meal, Kimiko ignored the man that seemed to be addressing her as she finished the next three bites of octopus in her soup. Once finished she was left with nothing in the bread bowl except for warm, flavourful broth. Lifting the bowl in one hand and holding up her other to the one addressing her, she brought the bowl up to her mouth and began gulping down mouthful by mouthful. In thirty seconds the bowl was empty and she placed it back down before turning to address the man to her left.

Or well, he was supposedly a man, she presumed. He was massive, built like a bear, but actually appeared to be a huge bipedal shark. She'd actually never seen someone of his size nor of his species before. Giving the man a once over for good measure Kimiko noted he was easily taller than her even if she were to stand on the stool she was currently seated on. And he still was a shark. Not a trick of the eyes at all.

Looking up at him with an amused expression, Kimiko smiled warmly, "Well, either you are a stand up individual with genuine interest, or," at this point a broad grin crossed Kimiko's face as her eyes twinkled in merriment, "There's something fishy about you."

Bursting into a small fit of laughter at her own joke, she shook her head and wiped a tear of merriment from her eye before something else caught her eye. Letting her eyes wander to see what else was going on around her, she noticed a smaller boy standing just behind the shark man. He looked to be close to her age, if not a little younger, and likewise wore a kimono as well. Levering herself off the stool, she dropped to her feet, finding herself to be about waist height to the sharkman, and leaned around him, nodding towards the boy.

"Whose the little koi fish here behind you?" she asked, curious to his attire and his company with the sharkman, "Doesn't seem to be the type to hang around here, nor does he seem to have made any new friends."

As Kimiko made the comment she nodded subtly towards the man she'd passed earlier, who she'd noted was giving the 'little koi fish' the stink eye. It seemed like she may have stumbled into a fun little kerfuffle right out the gate. Letting her left hand drift toward the hilt of Mamoru.

Still smiling and holding herself airily, Kimiko looked up to the sharkman, "Seems things here may be fun after all. Well, shall I play for your 'suspicious' team, or will we be seeing the walls here get a touch more fishy, mm?"

Solemn Jester Solemn Jester Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool

Anjellyka and Zambini

Anjellyka was still very upset at the whole situation that was happening outside. Why was it that everywhere she went disaster seemed to follow? Why couldn’t she just have a normal day where people wouldn’t get hurt because of her? She was only half paying attention to the man trying to comfort her, taking a seat when he offered.

“All I do is hurt people. I mean, they are helping out there but all I can do is watch. Its not fair!” Anjellyka yelled, hitting her fists on the table in front of her and shaking her head. The motion caused her tentacles to wave about for a moment until she stopped and looked down toward the floor.

Both of the man’s hands shot to his mouth in shock as he watched the young lady vent her frustrations, the act both comical yet distressing for him. Her rippling tentacles as they hit against the hardened surface of the table had given him cause to inwardly laugh, yet verbally doing so was simply not appropriate for the situation. Instead, he acted accordingly and feigned shock and distress, mimicking her current mood.

"Oh my Oh my, please don't lash out" cried the man, "Your only going to hurt yourself..." he squealed, though his words betrayed his thoughts. He was more worried about getting himself stung by one of her stray appendages. God forbid he touched one of her tendrils, a man of his age may not fair as well as the unfortunate fool outside. Briefly lamenting his old age, the man returned his full attention to Anjellyka.

"If it would be to your liking, you can tell me your woes... at least until your entourage arrives" he offered, grabbing his towel and picking up her outstretched hand. "My, Zambini is willing to listen :)" he offered her a smile.

Meanwhile in the back area of the store, several of Zambini’s men were continuing with the preparation for this afternoon's festivities. The sound of metal clanking against one another could just about be heard through the establishments walls.

Hearing the strange sound Anjellyka’s head popped back up. “What’s that?” She wondered, turning to this ‘Zambini’ man.

“Hmm” replied Zambini. “What’s what?” he replied, patting her hand. His eyes briefly darted to one side as he saw one of his men walking in the background. “Its probably something from outside.. you know.. your friends and the crowd are all gathered there… I’m sure thats what it is..”

“O-oh, yeah.” Anjellyka agreed. The calamity outside would surely be the cause of the noise. “I hope everyone is okay out there.” She muttered and turned her head to look at the door. Turning back to Zambini she looked at him with sad but hopeful eyes “Do-do you think they will forgive me?”

Zambini remained quiet for awhile, pondering her question for a few moments as he continued to hold onto her hand. “Hmm… that depends… did you intend to hurt the young girl?” he replied. “From where I stood, it didn’t seem like you instigated the fiasco.. So what cause would they have to blame you?”. A loud bang echoed from somewhere in the building, followed by the sound of several ceramic pottery smashing on the floor. ‘Blasted fools’ Zambini thought to himself, whilst still feigning a smile towards the young jellyfish.

“I suppose…” Anjellyka thought about the man’s words. It wasn’t really her fault right? So why did it feel like it was? More crashing sounds filled her ears. “Someone must be pretty upset outside to be throwing stuff.” She noted.

“Yes, Yes… Someone Outside he repeated.

thatonespacytallgirl thatonespacytallgirl CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Felix Felix

Stacy Beauregard
Eventually, as the two of them walked through Balaggan Port, Stacy got her eyes back after Syrin had teasingly stolen them from her. Giving the hat back, though, was something she had to think harder about because she actually liked it and she was playing a game of ‘well, you put it on my head so now it’s mine.’ It was a fun game to play and so far, she hadn’t budged. The hat that had been made for Syrin still rested firmly on the crown of Stacy’s head.

After he’d finished his game of leading her around blinded, though, the two of them had settled for walking hand in hand without a care in the world.

“Let’s not stop at the first place we see,” Stacy had added in when they were walking after she saw the first pub that would probably have what they were looking for. “Places further in are bound to be quieter and better for catching up on all sorts of things.” It wasn’t something that would be very easy to argue with particularly when there were visible brawls happening outside of most of the pubs actually near the docks. Surely they could find better places than that to sit down, eat and talk about whatever came to mind.

Thus, their walking continued and Stacy quite enjoyed seeing all of the different things going on in Balaggan Port even if she had no interest in making any long-term investments in any of it. She wasn’t the kind of person to buy things she didn’t need and she didn’t hold onto things for sentimental reasons, either. If any of her possessions became old and useless, she got rid of them. She was the kind of person who people like the vendors in Balaggan didn’t like trying to sell to because none of their upsellings ever worked.

In time, they made it to a pub called “The Minced Crow,” and even from the outside of it, the place gave off the feeling of being a quieter place. Deciding that it seemed like what they were looking for, Stacy led Syrin inside and together, they looked around. Aside from a rather large man who sat at the counter, there wasn’t really anything of interest and that was perfectly fine.

“How about we order something to eat and some drinks and then we can sit down at a table and catch up?” Stacy proposed.

Exanis Exanis Phayne Phayne

Syrin InsinuSyrin was more than happy to let Stacy lead him to a quieter bar, simply because it meant less potential idiots to deal with, and the less idiots he had to deal with the better. He had just escaped from a ship filled with the eccentric, the over the top, the unique, and the just plain old stupid. He needed a break, and Stacy was the answer to that.

Throughout the walk he just kept a casual eye to the surroundings, not out of any need for shopping or interest in the port town, but just in case something happened. Normally he wouldn't be like this, but honestly, recent events have forced him to be on guard towards anything unusual. Two islands and two insane circumstances is one island too many for him to be able to sleep soundly at night, not that he ever slept soundly whenever he was on a ship. You can never trust a crew unless they were truly and properly your crew, and that's not something he's ever been a part of. The matter of trust, however, caused him to glance over at his companion. Someway, somehow, Stacy had been able to worm her way into his good graces within days of meeting each other. Still, there was something about her that he felt drawn to. It was almost like-

He stopped and shook his head. There was no time to go down that road. As he snapped back to properly pay attention to where they were going, he found that Stacy had led them to a place called "The Minced Crow". It was quieter than other places, so that was a plus he supposed. As Stacy spoke to him about ordering and grabbing a table, Syrin nodded at her. "I'll grab a table, order whatever for me. My treat of course." With that, he moved towards the quietest corner that he could find.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Phayne Phayne

Norman "Believes He Can Fly" Newman

Norman popped his head back over the crow's nest, no he was gonna call it the hawk's nest now. Norman popped his head over the hawk's nest to look down at Marcus. "Maybe I am, maybe I can. I'll never tell you about how stronger poisons are spicier and ones that are accidentally helpful taste sweet! Nope, not this guy who definitely isn't a ninja!" He stuck his finger where people would assume his nose to be under his scarf and promptly made pfft sounds at Marcus. With that settled he went back to petting Hawky. Hawky began nuzzling more aggressively with Norman before suddenly she hopped up and slid her talons into the back of his clothes. With a caw and a beat of her wings she took off right then and there.

"WOAH HAWKY," Norman cried out in sudden surprise. He was definitely not expecting her to take him for a sudden ride like this, but figured she must need her confidence back after dropping him on the last island! Welp, whatever. He supposed he'd just have to enjoy the ride. He put out his arms to each side and breathed in the air as Hawky carried him over the town. "Wheeeee~" Norman squealed with delight as Hawky chirruped in time and circled the island. Then flying a bit faster and heading for some shops she simply let him go when they were low enough. It was a practiced maneuver they'd done together since they were both little, one meant for sudden infiltrations. This time however it was just good fun. At least for Norman and Hawky, but as Norman hit the ground and rolled he came in a little hot and went right through the front door of a shop.

He barely made out the shop's name, "Waker's Quality Fabrics and Threads", before rolling right on through and taking out two separate displays. He found himself entangled in a fabric pile and struggled to poke his head up out of the top. Coughing he looked around apologetically, not having meant to mess someone's nice shop up like that. Norman LIKED fabric shops after all, being an individual who frequently sewed up his own clothes when they got damaged. Ooh, ooh, he wondered if they had any special threads or materials he could buy for a new scarf. Perhaps that would make it up to the owner! "Sorry! I'll help pick it up. While I'm doing that though, do you have any special rare threads or fabrics for scarves?" He said this to the shop keep without realizing a woman was talking to him already.

Refaulted Refaulted AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

Gerome Jackson

Gerome and his hearty crew were chugging right along and buying up all the coolest stuff on the island. Happily giving his crew directions from the dock as they climbed the gangplank and deposited their sweet, sweet loot. As one of his crew came back toting an item he said a vendor called a lost artifact from a legendary pirate. Gerome nearly burst out of his leather jacket. "An ARTIFACT?" he screamed in shock. He stared at the weird glassy shape that didn't really look like anything to him, but who knows what it would open on the Grand Line. What kind of grand adventures it would lead them to. What great treasure or ultimate power would it grant them?! "Take it directly to my cabin, I'll make sure it's personally secured on our GRAND VOYAGE!"

Gerome watched as his crew member teared up seeing how happy he'd made his captain, then proceeded to start up the gang plank. A true victory for their crew was had this da- A blur of color flew straight into Gerome's crew mate, a hastily yelled 'watch out' not being heard in time to matter. With a cry and a splash both his crewmate and the blur splashed into the water below. The artifact hit the edge of the dock and exploded into a shower of glass that also fell into the water on the opposite side of the gangplank as his crew mate. Gerome hastily dived in and grabbed his crewmate and the girl who'd flown into him.

As Gerome pulled his crew mate up and he saw what happened to the artifact he started to tear up and look at his Captain sadly. Gerome shook his head with a smile. "It's fine Chance, we'll have plenty of opportunities to find legendary treasures while we work towards the One Piece, but I can't do that with my crewmates hurt! I'm glad the glass didn't get you!" He looked at the girl while Chance spluttered and stared at him in awe. What he saw astonished him. "A-a-a-a-a-a BAT GIRL?!" His crewmate looked at her in wonder and several others looked over the edge of the ship both to find out what happened and in hearing the words 'bat girl'. "COOOOOL!" they all yelled in unison.

DonquixoteDoflamingo DonquixoteDoflamingo Chak Chak

Cait Merlin
Cait flinched at Mizuki's enthusiasm. She wasn't used to warm responses due to being part Fishwoman. Maybe it was time to stop worrying about making good first impressions.

"You're a navigator?" Cait said with a grin on her face. "Perfect. I'm Cait Merlin, captain of the Tiger Shark Pirates. I'm looking for a navigator to get my crew safely to Fishman Island and beyond. I'm trying to find my ma. After that...," she paused to think. "We're going to search for the One Piece," she said confidently. She had made a promise to help Captain Sora to find the One Piece if he helped her find her mother, might as well keep her word.

"As far as piracy goes, we're not the pillaging and blundering types," she explained, hoping that bit of information would help seal the deal. "So what do ya say? Up for a little adventure?" she asked, holding a hand out to shake Mizuki's with. "My crew could really use a navigator."

Hanarei Hanarei
Nearby Sugary_Paragraphs Sugary_Paragraphs simj26 simj26

Cletus T. Bass
Cletus quietly smoked his cigarette. He didn't look happy as Scarlet yelled, then again he had't looked happy to begin with. "I'm sure the others will turn up...eventually," he said, trying to be comforting even though his face didn't soften at all. He too didn't want another Hollow's incident. For the time he told himself that the others that had left with Scarlet had became distracted by something fun, whatever that was for each of the crewmates. Best cause scenario they hadn't been lured in by fun looking traps. Cletus keep his paranoid thoughts to himself; he didn't want to make Scarlet even more stressed than she already was.

Cletus watched Scarlet talk with the woman with the scarf. He didn't lower his guard just because the other person was a woman. A woman was just as capable of causing trouble as a man. Cletus didn't reach for his weapon though, he wanted to be sure that the woman was a troublemaker first. For the moment, it seemed like she wasn't.

Cletus began to follow Scarlet toward Blue Rose Fashion. On the way there, the sound of two girls giggling caught his attention. They looked to be somewhere in the age range of eight-to-ten. They reminded him of his nieces back home and he momentarily stopped walking, watching the two girls as they quickly rounded the corner and left his sight. Cletus started to follow Scarlet again. Thinking of her reaction to the scarf lady's scarf, the thought crossed his mind that Blue Rose Fashion could have something he could mail to his nieces before entering the Grand Line. A wanted poster is a terrible item to remember a far-away-family-member by.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Misuteeku Misuteeku

Mizuki_Reikon-Banner.jpg

Mizuki was quite surprised to hear the response she got back. She had hoped to sell herself based off being very energetic about it though she hadn't expected such a enthusiastic reply back. Any of her early attempts would often come with laughter in response with it being dismissed as just some funny joke. She hadn't expected overselling herself by having such a confident front might yield anything. That or she didn't realize she was blind somehow. No matter what it might be she wasn't about to let such a chance to slip her by after trying for months now.

"Sounds good to me! Work is work, and if finding your ma is part of the job, I'm more then willing to help such a nice cause." She spoke trying to continue her sales pitch. Truthfully she hadn't really considered having any real goal outside being able to explore the seas. The notion of treasure was a far distant concern for her over adventure and finding her own way in the world. She had a bit of relief to find out they weren't some malicious pirate crew at least... she hadn't even pondered the obvious fact that many pirates could be up to no good. She wasn't that caring about following laws but she wasn't the biggest on being part of a crew that went about murdering innocent people left and right. She stood before Cait awkwardly as she held her hand out for a shake. A few seconds passed as suddenly Mizuki realized she had likely extended her arm out for her to give a handshake.

Darn it Mizuki are you trying to ruin the one lucky chance you get by not paying attention?
She quickly extended her hand out, seeming to miss initially before taking hold able to judge a bit to get a grip on her hand. A bit of a surprise look came upon Mizuki's face feeling her skin, quickly able to tell she wasn't a human. She smiled warmly, not really caring all that much about that fact after the initial surprise of finding out. Mizuki wasn't the type to really care about someone's race or appearance. It wasn't like she could see any details about them anyways. Then again a handsome man who was nice and tall and had a nice chiseled body she could feel could be....

A light blush filled Mizuki's cheeks as she shook her head suddenly a bit drifting off into random tangents of thought. Focus, stop day dreaming and trying to blow your one and only chance. "If you are willing to have me, I'll show you just how good I can be. I am more then up for an adventure!" She spoke with a warm smile, the blind girl happily gripping onto her staff with her other hand amazed how such a rather chaotic bumping into an excited cook could lead her to an unexpected job as a navigator... so long as she didn't find some way to blow it.

shadowdude505 shadowdude505 (Vicinity) Sugary_Paragraphs Sugary_Paragraphs simj26 simj26

Trista February
“Pirates, you say?” the dead woman suddenly spoke.

Dead as it was, the cogs in her brain still turned. The rusty grinding gave way to a click when everything fell into place. Her search for the man who had brought her back to the land of the living, the one who gave her a chance to avenge her comrades, both fallen and alive, would be expedited if she were to join hands with pirates. Marines were, after all, the natural foes of pirates. They collided like magnets all the time. She had maintained her silence, watching the two other women converse with each other and exchange pleasantries, until at last, she found a small gap to interject, her gravelly voice barging in between the excited tittering of the two.

“Pardon. I could not help, but overhear. You say you, are pirates.” She did not comment about the unlikelihood of the lass being one. She had seen a good number of sellswords far more capable than she was who never looked the part, but could more than easily tear through armies themselves. One could say that she was used to such sights like this particular captain. Besides, what was more surprising than the walking dead? What could surprise said walking dead? She gave a low laugh that sounded more like a wind passing through the skeleton of a wrecked ship, then coughed, a sound that more resembled said ship crumbling to pieces. “I am in need, of pirates.” She paused, watching the expression on the captain’s face, before continuing, very slowly. “The purpose, is none of your con, cern. Where you go, is, too, none of my, concern. Your mother, the One, Piece, they are outside of my, care. I will lend, you, my sword and all, that, I am, to simply travel, with you.” She shook her head slowly, her moss-coloured hair brushing across her shoulders lightly as she did, and shrugged, a smile on her lips. “I am afraid, that I am no genius navigator. I know naught, but of swinging, swords and muscle, work. I, will, understand, if you would refuse me my offer.” She leveled her gaze at the captain, the same emotionless smile on her expression. ”You must, forgive me. Names are for friends, and I would, rather, not burden you, with the name of, a stranger.”

Hanarei Hanarei Sugary_Paragraphs Sugary_Paragraphs shadowdude505 shadowdude505

20141011153039425.jpg

Fin was prepared for the girl to scream in terror, and run. Maybe even give him a slap, hell she could have even just flat out turned him down. It wouldn't be abnormal after all. Even Tab knew Fins luck with the ladies was terrible. But what she did instead confused Fin a great deal. As she began speaking he kept his flirtatious, or at least his best attempt at a flirtatious smile. But it soon dropped, and he gave her a blank beady eyed stare, as if he was baffled, which he was. He raised one of his massive arms, almost knocking a waitress down, then craned his head down, sniffing at his pits. He pulled his head back, and shrugged.Well, I err haven't bathed n a while. But I don smell dat bad do aye?” He asked thinking she was referring to his odor when she stated something was fishy about him. But when the girl started laughing Fins expression only grew more confuddled. He squinted his eyes at her then turned to Tab, as if to get his two cents on the matter.

Tabemono stood closely behind Fin just about as befuddled as his shark fish friend was, the moment he heard he was involved he hung his down and started fiddling with the folds of his kimono coat, and while he had absolutely no clue what the lady was saying he decided to laugh anyway, finding the expressions she made amusing. He returned the glare Fin gave him with a slight shrug that would otherwise say ‘she doesn’t seem that bad’, returning his friendly glare back to the woman in the armored kimono and gathered the courage to say.

“Well, I don’t think many people around here will be interested in being my friend...Or Goncho’s.” His eyes giving a sighing expression of worry at the mention of his furry friends name “But you seem different...Where did you get that thing you’re wearing?” he gestured towards the kimono that fitted under the strange lady’s armored breastplate.

Fin sighed, and shook his head at Tab, ”how many times mus I tell ya Tab! Thems are boobs! Its one of tha few distinctions between lads an lasses!” He declared in a impatient tone, clearly the booze, plus his bad eyesight was making the Sharkman miss a few things.Although it wouldn't be the first time Tab brought up a woman’s chest. It seemed he really hadn't had anyone else on that island turtle of his. At least not anyone with a bosom?.”Also tis rude ta ask a lady bout’ dem!” He told Tab pushing his head down playfully. Tabemono kept his head hanging down, almost as if ashamed - he knew there was very little he could say at this point to defend himself.

Fin then turned towards the man she had nodded at, then back towards her.”Oh, good lil fire in’ya aye? I like a gal with fight. But don’t worry bout’ Tabs, no’ many pick a fight wit me, sad’y I’mma sick of dis place. Les get outta here, and see if we can find some place ta rest.” Fin said as he began heading towards the Pubs exit.”Feel, free ta join us!” He told Kimiko, figuring it couldn't hurt anything. Besides, he might get a decent fight out if it.

(This was a collaboration post done by Solemn Jester Solemn Jester & Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool )
(Interacting with Chak Chak ; Kimiko of The Blossom)

Last edited:
Rhyse “Risa” Talone
... freed from the chains that bind most people…

It was an interesting line coming from someone who bound herself to a crew and to following a captain, but Risa thought she could at least partially understand it. The act of joining a crew and following a captain was, in all reality, an exchange rather than a one way gift. Everyone on their crew, at least as far as Risa knew, joined the ship because being a part of the crew helped them with something just as much as them being on the crew helped the captain with something. Risa herself, for example, not only could help the crew make some money by selling her hats, but she spread the Talone hatting name in the process and the crew gave her access to areas that she could never even dream of reaching on her own. The Grand Line was a brand new place to her and a wonderful start to spreading more Talone brand hats.

She was trying to think of how she could respectfully comment on the train of thought, but before she could actually say much on the subject, they had arrived at a shop that seemed to offer some products of interest. When Emilie suggested that she wasn’t sure if it would have what Risa was looking for, Risa shrugged and replied, “It’s worth a look. And if it’s not what I’m looking for, there’s still plenty of other shops in the area to explore.” She hoped Emilie would be agreeable to continuing to accompany her if that were the case. Company was delightful.

However, once they walked into the store, Risa branched off to look on her own. Right away she found a section that was stocked with lots of ribbon of varying colors and textures and those were things that she knew very well how to make good use of. Reaching out, she laid her hands on an ocean blue colored ribbon. It felt like silk in her hand and she was smiling as her eyes shifted to seek out the pricetag.

Just as she found it, though, and just as her eyes started to widen at exactly how much more than she’d expected it to be it was, a loud crashing sound echoed in her ears and her whole body cringed at the sound that drew her eyes away from a terrifying number towards a terrifying... no, amusing… sight. “What the…?” she remarked at first, not quite sure what exactly she was seeing.

The more she looked at the person who was somehow now tangled in in products, the more she realized that she knew him from somewhere. ‘He’s in the crew.’ she realized promptly. Given how quickly their travels had been, she hadn’t quite been formally introduced to everyone just yet and she couldn’t remember what his name was. She knew he was on the crew, though.

Everyone on the crew needed a hat!

“Hey there, crewmate!” she called out to the not-so-nimble ninja man. “Did you wanna pick some stuff out for a hat for me to make you? I’m making hats for the whole crew and it’s probably best if you chose something you like.” Although she heard the part where he asked the shopkeeper about scarves, Risa wasn’t a scarf-maker. She was a hatter.

AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy AllHailDago AllHailDago

Arlen Hakhassi (Red Ribbon Pirate, Fighter)

Arlen was on the deck of the new Red Ribbon ship, his legs crossed in a meditative position. The red, sleeveless jacket which he usually wore was removed—strewn over his shoulders— leaving the dark-skinned teenager topless. He’s worked up quite a bit of sweat and needed time to cool down. Rest was just as much a part of training as physical exercises. So was exercising one’s mind.

Arlen could recall his master’s words as easily as if they were back on Mirage Island, before he became the Leviathan. Silly boy! You don’t just wear your body out to become stronger. You have to THINK of how to become stronger! You have to envision it! And so Arlen did. He envisioned Tanaka’s speed. The marine’s strength…which was probably powered by his speed.

Now...how to beat it?

How to be a step ahead, even though my body and speed aren't quite up to par?

Eyes closed and sun to his back, Arlen let his mind ponder that question. Once the answer came to him that would be the direction he would move to become stronger. However, even with his eyes closed and his mind distracted, he didn’t fail to notice a presence climbing aboard the ship. The cargo Cletus or Wasabi sent to be delivered to their ship? No. It was too soon for that. Besides, there would be much more noise if that were the case. Given that Arlen was the only Red Ribbon aboard, it was his duty to protect it. And Arlen took his duties seriously—whether it was protecting the Priestess of Water while she wandered the world of the Outsiders or guarding their ship.

Emerald eyes flashed open, darting towards the intruder at the same moment Arlen reached for his new weapon.

…it was Jasper.

Blinking, the silver haired teen tilted his head at Captain Scarlet’s butler. “Back so soon?” He craned his neck to look behind Jasper. “Where are the girls?”

AllHailDago AllHailDago

Roy Volantis and Travis Volantis
When Wasabi turned and found himself staring into the eyes of a young boy, he saw that the boy’s eyes were quite terrified because the way the rice hat shaded Wasabi’s entire face wasn’t exactly something that was ever meant to be kid friendly in the first place. Travis actually even took a few steps backwards, his whole body becoming dead still for a moment before he looked - in a rather panicked movement - towards Roy who was still holding his hammer threateningly at the merchant. Realizing that Roy was a bit occupied, Travis looked back towards the shaded man and muttered, “I’m ss-s-sorry. I… I didn’t know it wouldn’t turn back…” His reflex instinct was to try to defend himself in the situation. Really, though, it couldn’t have been Travis’s fault at all.

Anyone with eyes and ears would realize that quite quickly.

It turned out that Wasabi realized it as well. Travis was surprised, but he didn’t realize that he had no reason to be sorry in the first place. After all, if he had hit someone who didn’t know the first thing about boomerangs, then he would’ve been in deep shit. Luckily, the one person who likely knew more about boomerangs than Travis did was the one he happened to hit.

Travis’s eyes lit up brightly when Wasabi offered an alternative boomerang that not only looked to be more accurately shaped, but also was much more presentable to the eyes. “This is a pretty boomerang, Mister,” Travis remarked as he ran his hand along the smoothness its curve. “Are you sure it’s alright for me to try it?”

Once again, Travis’s eyes shifted to his older brother. This time, though, it was in a way that sought permission rather than seeking help with the situation at all.

Roy’s eyes shifted from the shopkeeper towards Wasabi as the stranger interacted with his younger brother. His eyes were flooded with suspicion, but he didn’t move an inch as Wasabi approached and spoke directly to the shopkeeper. It wasn’t until after Wasabi’s words that a smile tugged at the very corner of the hammer wielder’s smile. Briefly, he nodded towards Travis and then turned his full attention back to the shopkeeper.

Two on one. So it seemed…

“I… I… uh… I can give you another item at half price… it… uh… it’s an antique. Surely neither one of you really expected it to actually work, right? It’s more valuable for its appearance than for any actual function.” He was lying through his teeth and it wasn’t hard to figure it out.

“Wrong answer, buddy,” Roy raised his hammer up and brought it smashing down upon the tabletop of the toy stand. The whole thing echoed as it shattered. He hadn’t actually destroyed any of the merchandise… yet. That was coming though because a threat still hid in his eyes.

CelticHero37 CelticHero37

Users who are viewing this thread