BNHA: WhiteGate Academy

Aruka Datsukaeru
Dorms​
f5e2ae37017f2e224513667fa3fe1c10.png
Self control. The thought of Tokihana's words rung out through Aruka's mind. For most it meant not blowing a hole in a wall, or using their quirk in anger, but for her... Even normal social interaction was something she had to concern herself with.

"What have you done!?" The well-dressed teacher quickly rushed over, bending down to examine the girl laying before Aruka. The snickering from a few of the students down the hall had long since stopped, they now stared, amusement turned quickly to concern. The young Aruka simply stood there, paralyzed almost to the extent of the girl before her, eyes shivering at the sight of her own actions. "Well!?" He yelled up toward her, though as he looked forward, his anger soon turned to sorrow as he witnessed the green girl's despaired expression. "I-I was just trying to..." Fit in...

Aruka had not moved her head for a short while now, though she continued to walk, finally snapping back to the moment. A short bout of an empty expression sooned turned to a serious tone. "I'm not just looking for a license like some of these half-wits, that's part of why we're here, to learn to control ourselves." She noted, looking back to the foyer, before looking back toward Tokihana before slightly sighing. "But thanks..." She finally finished, slightly nodding toward the two of them, and looking ahead once more. Still, regardless of their sentiment, every so often Aruka's eyes would still shift around to watch for an approach. In truth she simply did not trust them to such an extent.

Her eyes opened slightly as Elena ran ahead. She had spirit, Aruka had to give her that, though she could only wonder how long it would last if more training exercises like that maze continued. As she turned back however, the girl could only think to place her hand to her face in slight embarrassment. "Three-three, up the steps..." She called out from under her own expression of dismay, before removing her hand and looking back up. "Hopefully she can at least remember that promise." Aruka mumbled, before making her way up toward the dorm.

Xel Xel AquaMarie AquaMarie

Last edited:
full
Stella Cain
1-A Homeroom > Dorm Rooms
Blackvelvet Blackvelvet
"See you around." Class was starting, huh?

Ah, man. She'd totally gotten distracted and forgotten about what she was going to do about Emvi. On the bright side, these designs were looking hella cool, though.

Packing her things away, Stella stepped up from her desk with a light sigh. It looked like she was just going to have to take her lumps. Sure, she'd at least try to work her way out of the doghouse, but after her display in the maze, Stella got the feeling that Emvi had some sort of scary monster hiding beneath that nervous exterior of hers. An image of her spending their time apart charging herself for some sort of hyper-punishment punch briefly crossed her mind.

God forbid. She was definitely too fragile for that. If she were lucky, then she'd just get chewed out and given the cold shoulder for the beginning of their relationship as roommates, but it was time for her to digress. What would happen, would happen.

Making it back to the dorm she noticed a few people still milling about, the rest presumably being busy getting used to their new living spaces, and she settled into one of the common room's seats. Best to wait for her inpending class, or inpending doom in comfort, she figured.

Mimiko looked down of the piece of paper she had wrote her dorm room address thing on. The only problem was she wrote it down quickly and so she wasn’t sure if it was room 3 on an unknown floor or floor 3 with an unknown room. She entered the dormitory and walked to the elevator. “Room 3, Room 3. Or was it floor 3? You know what? I’ll just try both... Floor 3 first,” she said to her self as to remind herself as she pressed the button that would send her to the 3rd floor.
When she arrived she just started trying her key on every door she saw. Eventually, a door accepted her key and she opened it. She went to an empty part of the room and started to unpack. Completely forgetting to close the door.
(Open for interaction)

Claudia
Motivated?

The maze? All she could remember was Shutterbug’s stupid move, and after that, it was just a blinding light. She could barely remember the sheer anger that consumed her, the rush of adrenaline, a glimpse of the girl that stood in front of her, and the feeling of needing to protect her and the others. If she couldn't protect them, then what was she good for?

I…” Claudia reached to shut the door behind Rebecca, still slightly concerned about the girl's health, and realised that she had clenched it so tightly that her Quirk activated on instinct, turning her fist black. She forced her arm to relax, and the graphene receded. Abashed at the fact that she had just given this Emvi girl a glance at something like weakness, she sought to cover it up by smoothing back her hair. “I don’t know,” she said finally, looking disappointed with herself. “I just want to prove myself worthy of protecting others. If I can’t even push past my own pain, stand up and keep going despite everything, then am I even worthy of holding the title of a hero? I just can't give up. For the sake of everyone around me.” She would carry that burden right to the bitter end if she had to. She gave a wry smile, a humorless rictus as always. “Isn’t that what All Might says? ‘Go further beyond!’” She mimicked the legendary hero, lowering her voice, and placing her hands on her hips, puffing out her chest. “‘Plus! ULTRA!”’ she declared loudly, before realising she was making a fool of herself, and sheepishly composed herself. “Uhm, right.” She scratched the back of her neck. Damn it, Claudia, the girl did say she came here to ask a single question, but she also did went out of her way to do so. It would be unbecoming of her to not entertain her just a little bit more. She coughed, and started. “So I heard that you and Matthew were Hyper Hero Rumble fans? You any good with any of the characters?” Yes. Games. That seemed to work.

_Line 213 _Line 213

Gin walked up to the teacher lounge after getting the students settled away in their rooms. "So Gin, I heard your students went through the maze this morning, bunch of twerps, I doubt they made it in there five minutes" Said one of the teachers from another class. Gin sat in silence as he prepared a cup of tea. "If thats how you think of the next generation of heroes, should you even be teaching here?" Gin asked, his emotionless face unchanging. "Hmm, Was that suppose to be a insult Gin, I mean they aren't heroes yet, Someone needs to get them in line, right now they are nothing more than little seedlings, not even close to being heroes" He said with a laugh. "So then, you've heard how the person who I took over for was killed, but nothing more then one of these so called little seedlings as you put it" He asked, to which the other teacher stood up to detest, "Of course I heard, when the killers associate was interrogated they said the killer was young, around the age of 15-17, but not even they knew the killers exact age, so they probably just made it up" The other teacher protested.

Gin Sighed as he finished his tea, "No, I believe them, from what I've seen its never good to underestimate those younger than you, Those Seedlings as you said, they will be the next generation of heroes, because for a pro to be killed by someone of their age means that they will need to be ready, I will trust in their ability and train them to their full potential" He said. The Man who had stood up in protest sat back down and shut up. Gin relaxed a bit and left the teachers lounge.

Gin Walked up to the 1-A dorm rooms after about a hour had passed and entered the front door, he couldn't see anyone so he assumed that most of them were in their rooms or talking in other areas. He pressed a button designated all next to a speaker. "Class 1-A please report to the dorm buildings main floor, it is time for your afternoon activities.

When the whole group had arrived he noticed that some were missing. "hmm seems some of you left the dorm building, we will wait her for a bit for the others but if they dont show up we will have to continue on with out them" He said as he glanced over the class to try and figure out what students had yet to show up.

Emvi Square
Dormitories
Interacting with: simj26 simj26 , Blackvelvet Blackvelvet

Emvi visibly sank as it turned out that Claudia was just as clueless as she was. In the maze, she simply seemed otherwise, yet somehow failed to acknowledge it all the same. Emvi pursed her lips, confusion clouding her features as she attempted to reconcile Claudia's words with her actual actions.

"Well, I mean...you did do all those things, a-at least as far as I could tell; that's the entire reason why I decided to come over here and ask" she replied, her thinned mouth eventually widening into a grimace. It had taken Emvi herself a bit of time to recall everything that had happened in the maze after she was knocked out; had Claudia somehow managed to push herself so hard that even her conscious memories had ended up a little foggy? Just how much of that exercise had been run off of her adrenaline? She pulled herself out of her thoughts just in time to see Claudia become perhaps a little too gung-ho about the whole thing, yet her antics brought forth a laugh from the brown-haired girl all the same. Maybe she only looked the part a quarter of the time, but she had a heart after all.

"...I guess you're better at that whole thing either way right now, so, um--" she cut herself short, suddenly at a loss as to how exactly to continue. She waved her hands about vaguely, then eventually gave up as the conversation shifted. "O-oh, yeah! I play some!"

Some. Good joke.

"I play Celestial a lot, though I've also been trying to learn Tachyon lately." Before she could continue, however, the call for evening activities went out; Emvi visibly tensed, glancing toward the loudspeaker situated near the end of the hall. "...Well, there's trouble," she muttered, glancing down at her clothing for a moment and letting out a quiet curse. "Is it alright if we talk again later? Like after our exercises and stuff, I mean?" she asked quickly, flicking her gaze back up to Claudia.

TOKIHANA ELLIONDorms

sample_bf8b0ce652551d3bd2a4f8742fe9a4f2.jpg
Toki looked over at the green-skilled girl. Had she been aiming to be a hero she might have been insulted by the half-wits comment. But instead the only thought that came to mind was that people had all sorts of circumstances. No everyone was just blindly aiming to be a hero. While not even similar to her own situation, the fact that neither of them were just idealistic fanboys trying to play hero sat well with her. She hadn't expected to find someone there for any reason other than aiming to be a hero.

Her focus was peeled away from the green girl as Elena ran off ahead of them, excitedly searching for their room. The new leadership didn't last long as Elena revealed she didn't know where they were going. Before she could speak up, Aruka stated their room number. "You should at least remember our room." She added as she turned her focus back to the high-spirited girl. First impression really was the ditzy airhead, but considering they'd be rooming together she'd probably form a more solid view of the girl soon enough.

Either way she made her way up the stairs towards their room. As they reached the third floor she noted one of the doors hanging wide open. Clearly they weren't the first to get there. Nevertheless she took out her card and unlocked the door, taking in the room she'd be calling home for a while.

She had spent the past hour or so settling in when a voice called over a speaker system throughout the building. 1-A to assemble in the main floor, huh? Looking over at her roommates she gave a small shrug. "Guess we better get going." It wasn't like either of them were going to refuse so without waiting for a response she made her way out of the room and down to assemble with the other students. As seemed to be the norm she was not the first to arrive and instead simply fell in line with the others.

Dorms
Interaction: Randomfella Randomfella {Aruka) AquaMarie AquaMarie (Elena)

Mentions: Ethereal_Dreams Ethereal_Dreams (Mimiko's room)​

Shortly after unpacking, Mimiko heard an announcement ring throughout the hallway and into her room, telling class A-1 to assemble in the main room. She though for a split second what class she was. After confirming that that was indeed her class, she got up from sitting on the floor and walked out of her room, remembering to close the door this time. She saw a girl with short purple hair and glass. She walked up to her and said, ”Hi! I’m Mimiko! Are you in class A-1 too?”

Interactions: Xel Xel

brunettes dress blue eyes ribbons teapots flower petals staff simple background anime girls ha...jpg
Elena Marina Willis
Interaction: @Xel & @Randomfella

Elena had stopped and ran back to her two roommates when she had forgotten what their room was. Actually, she had not forgotten, she had been distracted looking around figuring out who her roommates were going to be that she did not listen to what her room was. “Oh..three-three and up the stairs, okaies.. Thanks, Aruka” she said happily and turned towards to Tokihana and gave her a nod. She will now remember their room, now that she knew what it was. She smiled turning around and skipped away towards their dorm. Going up the steps she opened the door and entered their dorm. “Wow this place is awesome!” she stated excitedly as she went around their dorm room curiously expecting their new living area.

The passing hour Elena had spent her time decorating her side with blues, stuffed animals, and overall just cute things. She smiled glad to be done unpacking grabbing a stuffed seahorse she hugged it tightly before falling back onto her bed. She laid there for a while lifting the stuffed seahorse as she happily kicked her feet back and forward. She sat up listening to the voice over the loudspeakers. Getting up she followed the others out the door, making her way to the main floor she lined up along with the others.

Ace.(Final.Fantasy.Type-0).600.968124.jpg
Gin Minamoto
Feeling: A bit Lazy
Gin Watched as the group gathered around. He nodded silently as he gazed over the students, who seemed in tip top shape despite their injuries this morning. "Okay now follow me, we are going to Training ground C, You were in training ground A this morning just so you know" He said. He began walking and hoped the students were following, he didn't want to give anyone demerits for skipping out on class. After about ten minutes they arrived at a large building. "Okay this training area here is called levels, its mainly designed for students or heroes testing their abilities against the robots here at the school , as each room gets harder, hence the name, but it serves our purposes too" He explained.

"Because this is a hero academy and all your expected to learn how to fight with your quirks. Many of you have probably trained on punching bags or something similar with your quirks before or even this morning in the maze you probably fought using your quirks, but those tests don't give a real challenge" He said almost like the maze wasn't the hardest thing they would face all day. "No, The true challenge is going up against a villain, another human being. There are many questions that must be answered when it comes to fighting another person, like how do you beat an opponent without going overboard or how do you beat someone with a better quirk than your own for example, but thats what training is for, to find those answers so today we will be doing a randomized battle where teams of two will go up against each other, the names will be randomly drawn, but as we have an odd number I will also be participating against a team of three" He said as he put what looked like a patch on his arm. "This is a quirk inhibitor, they are more common now put police use them to keep villains under control and pro heroes use weaker versions of them so we can train without injuring someone or damaging something. Now are we all ready to begin?" he said as he drew the names. "Oh yeah, to win either make your opponents give up, by KO, by exhaustion, or by capture he said tossing each team some capture tape. You'll all be assigned a room and have 15 minutes to win. Another teacher will be watching to see if anything goes too far, if it does robots will be released to stop the match which will end in a draw" He said. "Okay enter and begin!"

Battles:
Room 1: Rebecca Black (Thats Me :)!) + Dante La Cruz ( One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost Boo!) Versus Tokihana Ellion ( Xel Xel )+ Aruka Datsukaeru ( Randomfella Randomfella

Room 2: Emma Vickers (Emvi) Square ( _Line 213 _Line 213 ) + Elena Marina Willis ( AquaMarie AquaMarie ) Versus Matthew Pille ( Foogels Foogels Meh) + Tsurei Fukayashi ( SomebodyElse SomebodyElse )

Room 3: Kimi Rivers ( Hanarei Hanarei EVIL ) + Manabu Moto ( NightMoves NightMoves ) versus Claudia Diamante ( simj26 simj26 :p) + Stella Cain ( The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit )

Room 4: Daisuke Oshiro ( Truthblade Truthblade ) +Shane Fischer ( Elysium Elysium ) Versus Toujou Makoto ( Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser ) + Mimiko Sukuran ( Ethereal_Dreams Ethereal_Dreams

Room 5: Gin Minamoto (Also me) Versus Ryuu Drake ( BlacklegSanji BlacklegSanji gross) + John Swann ( Leusis Leusis Where are you?) + Szellem Kiraly ( National National Not doing the accent sorry not sorry)

Last edited:
Kimi_Rivers-StudentBanner.jpg
Training Grounds C
Kimi had managed to catch back up with the group after having found herself a bit lost around the school grounds. The meek girl huffed a little as if worn out a bit having slowly started to catch her breath back up having rejoined the group. It was quite clear she had managed to find herself a bit isolated much to her seeming dismay. Her eyes darted glancing over towards Matt who had been the most vocal with her first before looking to the others. She now had a chance to look at some of the others she hadn't really get a clear look over before and in the maze.

"W... we are f... fighting e...eachother?" She repeated a bit nervously out loud, though her voice managing to barely peek above a mumble seeming to manage to break the silence before everyone else despite her timid appearance, perhaps out of surprise.

Ms. River's expression changed to be even more timid as the mentioning of teaming up and going 2v2. The idea of fighting was something she was far from comfortable with. How exactly was she suppose to fight? She wasn't very familiar in fighting in such a way. Not all heroes were really best equip to fight and Kimi had all but figured her quirk clearly would come off as the non combative type acting more to support. She wasn't quite sure what she should even try to down to versing someone else. The best she figured was to try and use her telekinesis to throw things at the other team or perhaps try and use it to grab them with the capture tape.

Last edited:
Aruka Datsukaeru
Dorms -> Class​
f5e2ae37017f2e224513667fa3fe1c10.png
Aruka spent a short while in the dorm, taking one of the beds and doing little in the way of unpacking. In truth she was doing her best to unwind after the grueling maze, both physically and mentally strained from the whole ordeal; The next exercise would supposedly be less intensive, then again, that wasn't exactly what she was hoping for.

The green girl rose an eyebrow as she watched Elena for a short moment, playing with a stuffed animal. Her innocence was strange to Aruka, here they were, young woman surrounded and soon to be living with complete strangers, yet that short moment almost made her think the girl hadn't a worry in the world. Aruka's train of thought was soon cut off by the announcement, looking over toward Toki with a short nod, before heading to their next class.

"No, no, no, no, no." Hand draped over her face, sliding down slowly, Aruka's ears almost fell flat as Mr Minamoto announced the details of their next class. She knew it would come eventually, facing other students, but Aruka hadn't expected it so soon. "Robots, deadly traps, why couldn't he have said anything else..." Her mind continued to race, head dropping low in defeat. Then she heard the names.

Aruka looked up to find Toki, staring toward her with a raised eye. She had seen first hand the power of those shields, even if they didn't bring down the walls that trapped the three of them within that room of the maze, they left more than reasonable dents in the hard slabs. Aruka moved over toward her with little emotion, yet in her minds thoughts rushed, thinking of any sort of way they, or rather, she, could avoid direct combat with the other students.

"KO," The first option for victory flashed through her mind, her mouth slightly curving down at the thought of holding one of them down, until... Aruka paused for a moment, slightly shaking the thought from her head. "Exhaustion, or capture." As the tape was thrown toward them, Aruka caught them, looking the material over. Perhaps there was a way around this whole challenge, or maybe trying to wait out the time was an option, then again, fifteen minutes was far from a short fight.

"Do you know them?" Aruka looked back toward Toki, glancing at the other two slightly before returning to her thoughts, doing her best to think of a plan around this whole exercise. Hell, who thought this was easy.

Xel Xel AquaMarie AquaMarie

Mentions: Blackvelvet Blackvelvet One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost

Rebecca Black & Gin Minamoto
Becca Glanced over to Dante. She seemed distraught about the whole team battle thing, while sh knew Dante was strong and could hold his own she was worried about him losing too much blood again, especially against Toki who could effectively shield herself from anything. Not only that she was worried about herself, not knowing if her quirk would be even the slightest bit useful during the whole encounter or if herself with her other skills would be useful. She pondered over it for a few moments when she walked over to Dante. "Seems like we got a tough battle ahead of us, I think I know a way we can essentially win this but that being said I dont know the Green girls quirk so I cant really speak for it" She said.

Just then Gin Began to speak up again. "Oh I forgot one very important thing" He said. He began to press a few buttons on the side of the building and the side of the building opened up and out came what looked like several large cubes that were numbered. "These numbers refer to the last two digits on your student ID. these are your hero costumes. There are washrooms inside, change into them and then go to your designated room number and await the signal to begin" He said.

When Everyone was ready and in their specified rooms a large noise came over the intercom. "BEGIN!" a unrecognizable voice said over the intercom. With that the 2 on 2 matches had begun.
( Randomfella Randomfella Xel Xel One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit simj26 simj26 Hanarei Hanarei NightMoves NightMoves Foogels Foogels Leusis Leusis Truthblade Truthblade _Line 213 _Line 213 AquaMarie AquaMarie Ethereal_Dreams Ethereal_Dreams Elysium Elysium SomebodyElse SomebodyElse Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser BlacklegSanji BlacklegSanji National National )

Once Mimiko arrived at the main room with they rest of her class, they where informed that they would be doing a 2 v 2 battle with fellow classmates. ‘Fighting already? This school gets right down to business,’ she thought to herself. She found out her partner was a boy named Toujou. After quickly, internally debating whether to get her costume on or meet her partner, she chose to get into her hero costume and headed to room and waited, impatiently, for Toujou.
( Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser )

Elena looked around at her fellow classmates as they gathered around and followed the teacher towards the training ground. She listens as the teacher explain to them what they would be doing, which to her happy excited expression turn to worry. She did not think they would be fighting each other so soon. She was unsure if she could do a good job of fighting against others. She always thought her quirk was more for support or rescue, she was unsure how she would do in this exercise. Though she did get some relief that she would at least be going through this with a partner. A small smile returned to her face as she looked over to her fellow classmates. She was about to go and introduce herself to her new partner when Gin added one more thing. She happily gasped as she saw the cubes that held their hero costumes within. She excitedly ran over and picked up her numbered cube before running off to the washroom, she was very excited to try on her new costume.
Dressed and ready to go she exited the washrooms and looked for her partner for this assignment. Spotting Emma she happily walked over to her “hi there im Elena” she said with a smile as she held up a gloved hand.

@_Line 213

Fighting eachother...that is something I can do, something i have experience with. All the villains and even some heroes I fought growing up. What is Elena and Matt's quirks?

Tsurei grabbed her cube and headed into a change room.
Her hero outfit was largely similar to her combat outfit from her days as a villain. She wondered if anyone would draw any connections but doubted it without her gaskmask it looked much like regular clothing.

Her shortsleeve black T-shirt was actually requested to be made of a strong material that was light, easy to move in and strong for protection. This was a generic request but if the school could make gym outfits that worked much the same, it wasnt really much of a difficult request.

Her jeans were made of the same material, allowing more movement than normal jeans. Her knees were guarded with slightly thicker material aswell as her elbows.. And her own personal pocket tool. A gift from Fang on her 13th birthday. It had saved her in a few situations.
She opted not to ask for a gaskmask, it was too much like a villain and it simply didnt feel right without hers she left back at home.

I hope nobody saw me changing. It's not that i'm conscious about mu appearance but rather that all my scars on my chest would draw attention but they healed nicely so it's not really painful to look at. I honestly have no good excuse prepared to explain them. Time to head into the room.

Tsurei summoned a few rocks and stuffed a few down her shirt and into her pockets.. Maybe she could use them as projectiles or shanks...who knows...

She headed to the room to search for whoever this Matthew was.

We’re gonna fight now? Heck yes! Now this is something he could do. Now there won’t be any stupid foot traps to slow him down (then again, maybe he shouldn’t tempt the universe). Whoever goes against him better watch out. Then the teacher announced the names: Hmm..no one he knows…not that he knows that many anyway. This would also mean that he would have no idea what his partner’s quirk was….or their opponents…

Daisuke was lit up at the mention of their Hero costumes. Oh yeah! First day too! Here hoping it came out like he hoped.

Daisuke entered the room in costume, waiting for his partner to show up. The only other person in the room was one of the girls, apparently one of his opponents. He stood around trying to look cool, but he could barely contain his excitement. Maybe in a few moments, he would finally feel like a real hero.

Mentioned: Elysium Elysium Ethereal_Dreams Ethereal_Dreams

Toujou Makoto

Toujou lost track of time before looking up at the clock before realizing he would be late. He quickly put his book away and hastily ran down towards where the other students would be, catching up just in time for the instructor to begin leading the students away. Once again he was in the back of the group of students before he realized that throughout his entire ordeal here, he never once spoke to anybody let alone to himself. He began to get self-conscious until after a few minutes of walking they arrived at a large building. The instructor explained the purpose of their arrival here and his heart sank as he did. As if this morning's thrashing wasn't enough, they would now be going up against each other in two versus two matches with one exception of fighting the instructor. As he heard the pairs drawn he sighed in relief that he wasn't drawn against the instructor, but he was damn close. Afterward, he entered the building along with the others and used his key card to enter the washroom to change into his hero costume before finally going towards his room number. He noticed that two people were already there, one of whom was his partner. Mimiko was the name he heard so seeing the only female in the room, he was lead to believe that she was his partner. He walked up to her and introduced himself as best as he could. "H-Hello, you're Mimiko right?" He asked just to confirm that she was indeed his partner.

Ethereal_Dreams Ethereal_Dreams Truthblade Truthblade

TOKIHANA ELLIONDorms

HHDMyMQ.jpg
Shortly after arriving a new face came her way, quickly introducing herself as Mimiko. Toki flashed her a small smile in return before responding. "Name's Toki and.. yeah.. I'm also in 1-A. I'm guessing by the question you are too, huh? Sorry if you I don't remember you from earlier, I'm not very good with new faces." She offered a shrug in her defense. There was a lot of new people to meet 'n' greet, it'd take her a while to memorize everyone. At least these direct introductions helped speed up the process a bit.

Before long their teacher beckoned them to follow him to another training ground. The quietest of sighs slipped past her lips. The hour of Elena, Aruka, and herself decorating their parts of the room went by too fast. Now it was just back to more inane hero nonsense. Either way she fell in line, following after Gin same as everyone else. The trip didn't take that long, although these jaunts across campus really did hit home the scale of the academy. Once they arrived the teacher started giving a lecture to explain what they'd be doing. Sparring matches, huh? She'd been in countless fights against other human beings over her life. Nothing new there.

Well, if it had to be more hero nonsense at least it was good that it was something she was proficient in. The rules were your bog standard lot with the victory conditions being just as simple. The mention of who her teammate was, though, was a bit weird for it being 'random. She looked over at the green girl, the look of dismay on display was pretty evident. Seemed like she was, somehow, even more upset with the class than she was. As Aruka approached she offered the girl a weak smile. "Yeah, I was with them in the maze at the start. Becca can manipulate shadows and disappear into darkness. Dante is, like, some kind of vampire? Or something? I didn't actually get any details on what he does, it involves blood though."

Becca was an obvious non-issue, she wouldn't be a threat in actual combat. So that just left Dante and whatever he could do. Fortunately for her, all they saw of her own quirk was the bare minimum. They wouldn't know the full range or speed or power or anything like that. So the advantage was squarely in her court. Then again she was also in the dark on what her new teammate could do. So to that end... "So, what about you? As you saw I've got my shields, but what do you do? Your refusal to touch people got something to do with your quirk?" Hopefully her teammate was at least close to her level, if she was this'd be a quick match and she can be done with this stupid hero stuff for a while.

Training Ground C
Interaction: Randomfella Randomfella {Aruka) Ethereal_Dreams Ethereal_Dreams (Mimiko)

Mentions: Blackvelvet Blackvelvet (Becca/Gin) One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost (Donte)​

Mimiko Sakuran
“Yep! That’s me! I assume you Toujou, then?” Mimiko said with a smile excited to meet her partner. “So since we have to fight using our quirks, could you tell me yours? Just so I know before we start legitimately fighting. Speaking of which you probably need to know mine right? Mine is fire manipulation. Basically a human flamethrower,” As she spoke the words that escaped her mouth came out a little faster than intended. It wasn’t that she was trying to get the introductions done as fast as possible, but simply when she is nervous or excited she tends to subconsciously speak faster.

Interactions: Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser

Emvi Square
Dormitories
Interacting with: Blackvelvet Blackvelvet , AquaMarie AquaMarie

Following her meeting with Claudia, Emvi dashed back to the rest of the class as quickly as she could, muttering curses to herself as she attempted to fix her hastily-donned training gear on her way. If she knew that they weren't going to get any sort of warning whatsoever, she might have just stayed in the jumpsuit, but hindsight had an awful habit of being 20/20.

At that point, all the girl could do was book it as quickly as she could to the others, arriving just in time--and out of breath--to hear that they were going to be facing off against their fellow classmates. Normally, Emvi would have immediately found herself going wide-eyed at the very possibility, but her need to catch her breath only allowed her to partially focus on her surprise and hastening dread. It wasn't until she heard just who she was going to be facing that her heart really felt as if it was going to claw its way out of her chest.

Matt, and...Tsurei?

Hadn't she made a colossal tree of rocks large enough to reach up and out of the maze earlier on? Not to mention that the girl had admonished her for setting off the first trap with her clumsiness, even if she didn't seem all that bothered by it later on. Couple that with the confidence Tsurei had shown at the opening of the maze, and the awkward state in which Emvi had left Matt earlier on, and and as far as the girl was concerned, there was no worse matchup she could have. Had her teammate not been mentioned before her opponents, she likely would have missed the unknown girl's name entirely.

Despite the mention of their readied hero uniforms--something which likely would have been enough to get any true-blue hero aspirant's blood pumping--Emvi marched to the changing stations with the posture and vigor of a recently-arisen corpse. Maybe, just maybe, had she gotten some sort of answer from Claudia that she could work with, things wouldn't feel quite so dire.

She found her way to her designated changing station--and her costume--in something of a daze. Yet, seeing the suit that she had designed and submitted alongside her application managed to momentarily shock her out of her swampy thoughts; though she was afraid that the simple set of spandex and matching scarf would come off as somewhat low-effort, seeing the full set in front of her proved that it was anything but. Instead, the simplicity of the suit carried with it a certain boldness often boasted by the heroes of past ages and simpler times. Gingerly, she reached forward into the case, pulling out the small goggles that went over her eyes in the place of a mask.

...If only I could be as confident as this suit looks.

Despite her thoughts, she smiled, heading into one of the booths in order to slip out of her training clothes (she was slightly incensed that she wouldn't need them after all, but at that point, it really didn't matter) and into her freshly-minted costume. It hugged her form to a far greater degree than the training uniform, likely for the sake of minimizing any sort of interference between impacts and her body; the only padding on the suit at all seemed to come in the form of simple parrying bracers wrapping her arms.

Glancing down, Emvi lightly pinched at the sides of her stomach and sighed; the suit might have been inspiring were she in peak shape, but considering she was a normal girl at the cusp of high school, some elements of her form were perhaps best left unrevealed. There was no doubt in her mind that by the end of the hero course, the slight layer of flab hanging onto her flame would be long gone, but even so, it felt a little embarrassing to head out in front of others in such a state.

Nearly as soon as she emerged from her station, however, another girl had come to greet her. Emvi blinked, pushing a few strands of hair from before her eyes as she gave the other girl's hero costume a once-over. "...Hi, sorry, um, I'm Emvi, sorry for taking so long." She offered an apologetic smile, clearing her throat as she gestured to the door. "What's your Quirk?" she asked, stepping towards the exit. Chances were at that point they were holding up their opponents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back