• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom BNHA- Children of the Fallen CLOSED

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
cfab1e91af14fbd7c172fd0e9ed660e8.jpgLeona Wright
Interaction: One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost (Dante) GrieveWriter GrieveWriter (Lana)

Mentioned: Natural Flavour Natural Flavour (Ferryn) Captain Lycanroc Captain Lycanroc
"I'm pretty sure nobody else really heard him. Or minds that. Are you okay Lana? You look like you're gonna be sick." Leona said, concerned but her voice still held some of that agitation she had been feeling since the incident on the roof. She really didn't mean to scare Ferryn but...it was probably for the best. Leona and the sweetheart type people never seemed to get along to well. And she was concerned about Lana, but the bug girl wouldn't share her feelings anyway. Not without insulting everyone anyway. So Leona turned her attention back to Dante. "Oh that's kinda funny, I know how to play a few songs with the ukulele. I had my dad's old one...but someone broke it last year. Pretty sure it was Miles but..." She shrugged, taking the guitar when he offered. Leona strummed a few notes, though they sounded hesitant thanks to the fact she wasn't used to a neck that big. She handed it back before Lana could yell at her, only moments before the cyclops appeared.

Leona expected Lana to bolt as soon as she spoke, but no. She was surprised to see Lana just stand there and grimace instead. "Yeah, I'm Leona Wright, and that's Dante De la Cruz. Nice to meet you." Leona wasn't happy about having to interact with yet another person who seemed to be the bubbly sweetheart type, but gym started soon. They wouldn't be around her for long. "Don't think anything really interesting has happened so far so...no haps." Edzan giving them special cards preloaded with cash was really special but...it seemed like a thing not to go blaming about. She sat up a straighter, glancing around as people started moving, getting up and throwing what they didn't eat to throw away. "I think it's time for gym, you guys wanna walk together or no?"

anime-girl-clipart-shorts-839263-8849415.jpgYuri Fujioka
Interaction: shadowdude505 shadowdude505 (Lisa) Natural Flavour Natural Flavour (Ferryn) Captain Lycanroc Captain Lycanroc (Xander)
Mentioned:

Yuri could tell she was gonna have a headache when the doors slammed open and someone skidded across the floor. She recognized the next face, a transfer student she was told to keep an eye on. And apparently for good reason, even with a cast he seemed to be a danger. Well, everyone here was dangerous, but not everyone sent another student through a door. Yuri couldn't help but just sigh, reaching up and pinching the bridge of her nose. How fun. She looked up when she felt his presence, fo ding his face. And goddamn this kid was tall. "Psychologist. I'm a psychologist." Yuri replied, taking the note.

"Okay, a few things. First off, we won't write you up for that since the other kid stole from you, but you can't go throwing people through doors. It's rude, and will get in trouble." Her voice was stern, but she wasn't judging him. She was...not the best at handing things in high school either, there was still a broken locker on the third floor with a face print in it. Not her face. Someone else. She didn't remember who. "Second, you'll have to sit out, you're arm is broken, you can't work around that even if you can make more limbs. And third, I'm Yuri Fujioka, aka Meltdown. Welcome to Sakura High Xander." She smiled at him, glancing down to Ferryn as she higher him. Of course, she gave the kids a minute, before her voice interrupted. "Alright alright, Xander you go sit down. Ferryn, locker room. Go get changed, class starts in five minutes."

Lynn Katsura
Lynn nodded acknowledgingly as she listened to Hunter and Lana's answers to her question.

Preachy. Ya she could understand that perspective, but she was used to it since her mom was a former pro-hero. What could come of as preachy to others just came off as eccentric to her, and the staff here had that covered in spades, in a good and fun kind of way.

"You're not being boring, Hunter," she replied with a smile, turning toward him. "You sound like a pretty driven individual, actually." She meant it as a compliment. "I've only seen sword fighting in movies, but it looks like the art takes a lot of skill and finesse."

Suddenly a commotion from across the room caught her attention. Something was going on between Leona and another girl that had been with them in their last class period. She wanted to go over to help, but it looked like Dante had a similar idea at the same time. Lynn froze beside the table and watched as events worked themselves out. It didn't really look like her help was needed. Not wanting to make things more awkward, she slid back into her chair. That's when she noticed the clock.

"It's almost gym time, we should get moving," she said to Hunter, who was now the only other person at their table.

Excited by the fact that her mom was teaching the class, she had to restrain herself from running down the halls and forced herself to walk.

EldridSmith EldridSmith

Lisa Katsura
"Sorry for the inconvenience, but there'll be plenty of opportunities to make up today's session," Lisa followed up Yuri's statement, bowing respectfully toward the towering teen. She straightened up and glanced over at the kid that had been thrown through the door. "As for you, I'd recommend seeing the nurse." A tendril of water flowed out of her right arm and slithered toward the student that tried to steal money. The water almost felt alive due to Lisa's tight control of her quirk and wrapped around the kid like one long tentacle, before he was pulled over. She kept the kid restrained as she wrote a note for the nurse and freed the kid; the water snapped back into her arm as she handing him the note.

With that taken care of, Lisa then started to write up her own report of the incident. After finishing her write up, she started to hand it to Yuri; that's when she heard a very familiar voice.

"Mom! Wow!"

She felt a warm pair of arms wrap around her torso.

"I didn't know you picked out a new costume. You look amazing!"

"Thanks, Lynn." Lisa smiled, gently placing her hands on her daughter's shoulders.

Lynn took a step back and bowed. "I'm looking forward to class, Katsura-Sensei."

Lisa continued to grin as she watched her daughter run toward the girl's locker room. This wasn't the first time she was called sensei by her own daughter, and because of how she'd run her class, it wouldn't be the last.

FireMaiden FireMaiden Captain Lycanroc Captain Lycanroc

Interaction: Natural Flavour Natural Flavour shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Roy.png

Roy nodded to Paris, it did seem about time for them to head for P.E considering everyone else was getting ready to leave for their respective classes. "Oh- Right let's. I've never been an ace at physical activities, but I've read it's important to stay as active as one can to stay healthy, it also helps with my stamina when using my quirk. I hope you know the way, haha."
as the two walked the pale boy checked inside his bag to back sure his inhaler hadn't been stolen by someone who'd get a sick laugh out of him having an asthma attack, perhaps someone like Kayn or Aebyl could have stolen it and played keep away, as usual... but there was no time for bogging himself down with experience, he'd made it to this school for a reason and he had to keep that good thought in his head to help him through this crazy school.

arriving in the gym he saw a new face along with the familiar ones from the classes previous, He watched as Ferryn greeted two newcomers with a lot of excitement, perhaps they knew each other from their old school? either way, it was nice to see her in a happier mood then she had been in the hallway to the gym, than next came the unexpected reaction from Lynn as she greeted their P.E teacher as 'Mom' causing Roy to raise an eyebrow in surprise, turning to Lynn he inquired "Oh, I didn't know you were the daughter of one of the teachers here... I suppose that makes sense considering your family name is the same, I suppose I should have guessed, haha!"
quickly running to the boy's locker room to get dressed he gave the mammoth of a teen a wide birth as he passed.

Interaction: Natural Flavour Natural Flavour FireMaiden FireMaiden

Xander Malker (2).png

Xander stood listening to the info that the strangely intimidating teacher and "phycologist" as she had put it, gave him. the info she had given him was quick and very hard to decipher as it came out at what felt like a million words a minute, but he broke it down into sections and understood nodding his head with a slight grimace due to the fact he wouldn't be able to participate in his favorite class, he cracked his knuckles in the non-broken hand and stretched his neck trying to think of what he'd do while he sat on the sidelines when he heard the sound of someone running toward him, was it another chump looking to nab the money cause of his broken arm? Boy, would they be in for it now, cause if they thought Xander couldn't put up a fight they were in for a BIG shocker-
but once he turned to face the new challenger the grimace on his face was replaced by a beaming look of pure joy as his old' pal Ferryn ran up to him.
Scooping her up in his arms and spinning around as he hugged the girl before setting Ferryn back on her feet, but she held on a bit longer, sobbing tears of joy, at least he hoped so anyway.

"Kahahahaa!!! Ferryn!! Damn if it ain't a shock to see ya, weather girl! The hell er' ya doin here anyway?!? Ya' didn't fall behind on ya grades did'ya? Kaha! Don't matter, It's great to see ya, Ferryn- Thought we'd never be able to hang after I got booted." as she pulled back from the hug Xander winced slightly cause of the unexpected presure on his broken arm, normally he'd grit right through it but he wasn't exactly prepared for the embrace. "Gah- Careful with my arm there, Don't cha worry, I got a broken arm, but you should see the otha guy, Heh! Well, Sadly ya ain't gonna be able to see how much better I got since we's last talked" flexing his arm confidently and smiling before shrugging with a chuckle "But I'll be cheerin' ya on from dah bleachers, got it?"

Xander wasn't exactly planning on cooperating that well with the teachers here, He didn't really want to be at this random school anyway, but now that Ferryn was here, he supposed he'd stick around and see how it went, Couldn't be so bad... Could it?

[class=mainframe] border:5px solid black; overflow:hidden; margin:0 auto; width:70%; text-align:center; border-radius:25px; background-color:white; color:black; [/class] [class=imgspace] [/class] [class=pic] display:inline-block; width:80%; border:4px dashed rgba(208, 204, 199, 0.60); [/class] [class=Ainfo] display:inline-block; background-color:white; color:black; width:100%; border:4px dashed rgba(208, 204, 199, 0.60); [/class] [class=sideinfo] border-left:5px dotted rgb(241, 171, 79); https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLUEfrIUftlyH_0OzZ_d7a_RBuiA7RmOZjHaPqk9hL1H7dMR3V&s https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c5/85/fa/c585fab2426822a90c8ecab55bf758b3.png https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1UV8ic0JzrkAf7vDwUd8UJUlhb_dmfi626HAo0q_29Vs12kyJ&s https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTuQE6esqdnK3Sm2JHbmSmdIDbzIThIjdfYzqcn2Uzjp18bCYD https://cache.desktopnexus.com/thumbseg/1557/1557640-bigthumbnail.jpg https://wallpapersmug.com/download/1400x1050/5559ed/beautiful-eyes-blue-blonde-anime-girl-Violet-Evergarden.jpg https://pm1.narvii.com/6810/c7ac6d534eab715e4ea37b8acfa2dd6a83f25973v2_hq.jpg https://66.media.tumblr.com/46e4dd92063ab0909c5c71d7dae892d8/tumblr_oqx46mPH631vy2tgqo5_250.png https://image.myanimelist.net/ui/OK6W_koKDTOqqqLDbIoPAm-eVltf7tW4YljKZUhZy58 http://pm1.narvii.com/6814/1413d590d27338cf6a0a4cb2bbfbfcc48a6a0c33v2_00.jpg [/class]

[div class=mainframe]
[div class=imgspace][div class=pic]
images
[/div][div class=Ainfo]Age: 15

Height: 5' 4"/163.5cm

Quirk: Perfect Storm-- (Weather emitter)

images

Code by Idea <3[/div][/div]
Ferryn Evans

Ferryn looked in mild concern at Xander's broken arm, but she wasn't too worried. He was Xander.... though it wasn't normal for him to be beating up kids left right and centre. Yuri asked Ferryn to go to the dressing room and she complied, replying to Xander as she ran off.

"I-I-I'll see you l-later!"

Ferryn got her gym clothes on (looks like U.A's but light coral-red in colour; they would've been pink for Sakura High's namesake flower, but they decided not to put the boys through that. A large white 'S' covers the left side of the shirt and an 'H' covers the right. There are shorts that come to just above the knees, with a wide, white stripe running down the sides, as opposed to pants for U.A's gym uniform. The outfit feels light and loose enough to move in) and pulled her blonde hair back in a ponytail. She returned to the gym and began to stretch, awaiting the start of the class.

[div class=sideinfo]Location: Gym

Mentions: FireMaiden FireMaiden

Interacts: Captain Lycanroc Captain Lycanroc

[/div]
[/div]

[script class=Ainfo on=init]
hide Ainfo
[/script]
[script class=imgspace on=mouseenter]
hide pic
show Ainfo
[/script]
[script class=imgspace on=mouseleave]
show pic
hide Ainfo
[/script]

2af0d4612b85b41c1b3c2a819968ffc7.jpgMako Glass
Interaction/Mention: @Cafeteria Folks

It was far more simple than it had any right to be, a business gets destroyed in a calamity so the owner sets up shop elsewhere. It was for that reason primarily which saw Mako having to transfer schools, as distance between her and Ming Lao spelled homelessness for her in every conceivable future. Mako was fine with it. After what had happened at Free State, it was almost refreshing to have such a change in scenery. The sniffles that she'd been cursed with since that day actually seemed to recede once she made it to her new neighborhood. It was a shame the same couldn't have been said for the unfortunate side-effects of her quirk. No, those stubbornly stuck around.

As soon as Lunch had started, Mako had made her way to the bathroom. There, she pulled back her hood and lowered the mask she often kept wrapped around her mouth and nose. Over and over again she tried staring at herself in the mirror, hoping that nothing would happen. But alas, the drool came. One of the more inconvenient effects of her Quirk, she had to lean forward so the flow of drool didn't manage to get on any of her clothing. She tried this several times, but ultimately found that her attempts were fruitless. It wasn't cute... not in the slightest.

With a sigh, she pulled the mask back up and slipped her hands in her pockets. She'd been hoping that after what had happened, she'd finally gotten rid of that particular inconvenience. Alas, her quirk once more had other plans.

Stepping out of the bathroom, Mako looked up to the ceiling before closing her eyes. Even from here, the smells of the various meals in the neighboring cafeteria had been licking at the bounds of her consciousness, causing her stomach to rumble yet again. Right after the 'Incident', she'd felt her unending hunger recede for some time. It was a feeling she was unfamiliar with, and she'd mistakenly let herself get used to it. So when her hunger returned to its former painful bellows, she'd been less than prepared to adjust.

But that was fine, she'd just learn to withstand it again. It wasn't like she had any other choice, after all

Opening her eyes, Mako realized that she'd successfully made it through Lunch. A good sign, and a welcome one. After all the training she'd done at Ming Lao's, it'd be a pretty big bummer if she couldn't handle the real thing. That only meant she had to focus on the next class: Gym. She was ready this time, ready to do what she could despite her inherent drawbacks. So she stuffed her hands into her coat pockets and began walking towards the Gymnasium, occasionally reaching up to fix her hat.

She passed through the cafeteria on the way, seeing a number of students who seemed interesting enough. There was a specifically large amount of chatter coming from one specific group of kids, couple chicks and a dude all in various forms of conversation. If Mako still had any time left, she might've paused to listen in a bit, but she'd already had issues with her first class. She didn't want to push her luck, all things considered. So she merely passed by, eyes sticking ahead of her as she wondered what the whole Gym Uniform scenario would be. They had them at Free State, but once more she reminded herself that this place... it wasn't her last school.

It'd be arrogant of her to assume they followed the same kinds of guidelines just because they had similar end goals for their students.

Last edited:
Lisa Katsura

A few minutes later and it was time to start class. "Line up over here, students," Lisa said in a commanding, yet patient tone. She waited a bit before continuing. "My name is Lisa Katsura. You may call me Ms. Katsura, Katsura-san, Katsura-sensei, or by my hero name, Water Lilly. I'm the new gym teacher and since this is a gym, I'll be putting you through various sports or athletic activities to build your strength and stamina; but this is also a hero school, so I'll also be responsible for some hand-to-hand training," she stoically added.

She glided her right foot across the floor as she gracefully positioned herself into a karate fighting pose. Water started to flow out of her arm and spiraled up it until it was floating above her palm. Her hands began to slowly orbit around the water as she transformed the water flow into a sphere of water. "Quirks are important tools for a hero, but it shouldn't be your only trick. Some quirks are only suited for specific things. You're not going to want someone who secretes oil trying to put out a fire," Lisa started to spin the water sphere like it was a basketball on her finger. "And then there's dealing with villains." She started to slowly roll the sphere down her arm toward her other hand. "There's always a possibility that you'll run into one with a quirk that overpowers yours. As a hero you'll always have to use your head, and sometimes not using your quirk is the right answer to the problem. You'll have to rely on your judgement to either to stall for time, rely on your friends, overpower the opponent with your fists, or go get help."

The orb of water stopped in Lisa's other palm. Five small flows of water wiggled out and started to get absorbed into her fingers. "But as for gym class today, I want to see what I have to work with. Today is going to be a easier class period. I've set up some room dividers and a boxing machine. One student will follow me into the room and over the next five minutes will show me their fighting form, without the use of their quirk. The machine will 'fight' back after the two-and-a-half minute mark. I'll write notes, and afterward a new student will go through the activity. You may dictate your own order, but you all must participate, with the exception of Xander because of his broken arm," she turned to Xander. "You can make up the activity once your arm heals," she said before addressing the rest of the class. "If nobody volunteers to do the activity, I will have to pick students until you're all done. While you wait you may work on other academic material, but you must stay in the gym. Yuri will be supervising you all while you're out here. Gym equipment like basketballs or jump-ropes are available to use, and there's always the option to run laps or socialize. The same goes if you're done with the activity."

Lisa clasped her hands together like she was about to pray. "Now then, let's start off with a warm up." She took the next couple minutes leading the students in stretches.

"Now then, who'd like to go first?" she asked once the stretches were over.

Captain Lycanroc Captain Lycanroc FireMaiden FireMaiden Natural Flavour Natural Flavour GrieveWriter GrieveWriter EldridSmith EldridSmith One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost KanaBakugo KanaBakugo

Lana Del' Rize ...
1en7uR95Xo5qb0lCBFFy.jpg
Lana silently simmered as her one-eyed attacker proceeded to lambaste her and her classmates with frivolous queries that Lana had no interest in pursuing. She had already said too much, and with the Cyclops's blaring voice drawing more and more eyes towards them, Lana could only bite down on her own boiling rage when Leona decided to feed into her questioning.

"Oooh?" the Cyclops leaned forwards at Leona's response, pulling an infuriated Lana along with her "Ya'll about to go pumping iron together, eh?"

She stood tall and gave a laugh, "Honey Bear is just all about her babies keepin' that blood flowin' nice and good. So how's about ya'll-"

"Bella!" a voice called out from another table, and both Lana and Bella turned to see a boy that looked as if his skin was made of dark slime calling out, "Don't just go grabbing folks like that!"

Bella loosened her grip on Lana to turn to him, "Oh come now, baby. Honey Bear can't help motherin' the littles now can she?"

But Lana wasn't interested in continuing this dialogue at all. With the loud cyclops suitably distracted, she immediately initiated her escape plan. Step One: Escape the Cyclops's grasp. With her new position, Lana was able to duck out under Bella's arm and immediately disengage with a single fluid movement. Bella turned around in confusion at her former captive's sudden movements, but it was far too late for her to interfere with the next portion of Lana's masterfully crafted manuever.

Which was basically to high-tail it before she had to say anything else.

Luckily, her disgusting limbs made flinging herself towards the edge of the cafeteria a trivial matter, and upon landing she immediately placed her second pair of arms beside her legs to enact some evasive scuttling never before seen by human eyes. She had been mapping out her route to the door, now all she needed was to dart to the side and-

A girl in a hoodie got in Lana's way right before she could reach the doorway. Unfortunately for Lana, her escape plan hadn't anticipated running into anyone this close to the door. At the rate she was going, the only warning she could give was a sharp intake of breath that had the hooded girl looking back at her right before impact.

The full force of confused, flailing limbs slammed into the hooded girl right as she was opening the door, sending both of them stumbling into the hall beyond.

Lana gave a grumble, planting her arms beside her head as she raised her head up.
...and Mako Glass
2af0d4612b85b41c1b3c2a819968ffc7.jpg
Green eyes met red as Mako tried to shake off the daze of the impact. Having been caught up in her thoughts about the coming class, she hadn't been ready for the multi-limbed assault of Lana. Even so, she had to hold her breath, forcing her quirk to settle down. Lana found herself pushing herself up off of Mako with a pained expression, as if the embarrassment could be even worst. She moved to quickly apologize and leave, pausing only upon noticing the dark shapes extending from Mako.

Several of Mako's black jaws were curling at her sides, all of them aimed for the other girl. Lana stepped back as Mako managed to reign them in, all of them returning to her skin as she released her breath and leaned up.

"Sorry, didn't really see you there."
Mako gave a low whistle as she reached up to make sure her mask was in place "Was kinda spacing out, I guess."

"You..." Lana shook her head, as much as she wanted to just leave, she gave a groan as her lower arms took hold of Mako's and helped her up. Mako gave a little flex of her ankle before her mask stretched a bit in what Lana could only guess was a smile "Wasn't you."

Mako patted herself down, "If ya say so." she gave a small nod as she slipped her hands back into the pockets of her coat. She looked up to find Lana already continuing on her way to the Gym, and shrugged before turning and walking as well.

Lana gave a sigh as she drew closer to the Gym, she had had more than enough embarrassment for one day and was already less than keen on sharing the days events with Maize. But she knew how Gym classes usually went, so she was prepared for it to be even more horrifying than the Armored Idiot's cavalcade of hopeful debauchery. The walk gave her time to recompose herself, time to get back into her groove. Namely, her monumentally low expectations. That's right, as long as she expected the literal worst then there couldn't be anything to surprise her. Who knew, perhaps seeing others stumble and fall all over themselves would be enough to wash the bad taste of that Cafeteria event out of her mouth. Most likely it wouldn't, but even she could have her dreams.

As she drew closer to the Gym, however, she became distinctly aware that she was being followed. Not too far behind her, Mako was still casually walking with her eyes occasionally looking towards her. It was awkward, and Lana hated it. Perhaps she sought retribution for their collision after all? Well Lana was more than prepared for a fight, even if the hooded-girl did have some weird black tentacle things coming out of her. Sure, they might be dexterous, but Lana wouldn't be intimidated by a dark appearance, mysterious air, or frankly disconcerting looking Quirk. She'd spent long enough posturing to know that all of that could be rendered immediately useless in terms of functionality.

Yet even as she planned out a counter for the oncoming attack, the voice behind her snapped her from her thoughts, "You in Class 1-A?"

Mako waited for a few seconds before Lana gave a nondescript nod, then lowered her eyes, "Guess that means we're classmates, eh?"

Lana turned back at that with a suspicious glare.

"Sorry I couldn't join you guys earlier, it's uh..." Mako gave a shrug "Been kind of a weird day."

"Tch..." Lana turned her gaze ahead again and resumed walking "...agreed."

Mako liked to think this was a big step ahead of their impromptu encounter earlier. She'd been hoping she could introduce herself to everyone in a straightforward manner in class. So much for that, but she liked to think that she was of the adaptable sort. She'd roll with it, see how things panned out. A bad first impression was probably the least of her concerns right about now.

The same couldn't be said for Lana, who rolled her eyes as they made it to the dressing room. Changing clothes near someone was already guaranteed to be a miserable affair. Having nearly ran them over prior to such an event was just the icing on the cake. Luckily for her, Mako was exceedingly distracted undoing the many belts and buckles on her coat to acknowledge her. She wasn't given long to enjoy this, as changing into Sakura High's gym uniform with all of her awkward proportions soon led to her cursing and grumbling to herself throughout the process. In the end, they still ended up finishing at almost the same time, with Lana angrily picking at the edge of the shorts. Looking up, she raised an eyebrow at Mako, who had somehow managed to change everything except for the convoluted mask still obscuring the lower portion of her face.

Mako took note of her glance, even with Lana looking away quickly, "This stays," she explained while pointing towards the mask "It wouldn't be cute to take it off, anyway."

As much as Lana didn't want to get pulled into a conversation, the sheer oddity of that statement made her turn back around with a raised eyebrow. But Mako was already walking out of the Dressing Room at that point.

When Mako eventually pushed open the doors of the Gym, she had already taken a breath and had held her head up high. But even with that prep work, she wasn't prepared for the faces she saw on the other side of that door. Ferryn Evans and Xander Malker... classmates from a school she thought she'd left behind after the incident. She was almost too stunned to speak. Her mouth moved under her mask, but nothing came out. Eventually, a groan from behind preceded Lana nudging her out of the way.

"Just move" Lana sighed before she began scuttling inside. Not soon after that, the apparent Gym teacher called them all over for class. Swallowing her own surprise, Mako didn't say anything and instead followed behind Lana to the rest of the class as they all got in place.

Finally, Lana could focus on the class and nothing else. Luckily for her, this teacher wasn't beating around the bush. Show off your fighting capabilities without the aid of a Quirk. Lana immediately frowned at the topic alone. As Lisa began explaining the exercise they would be partaking in, Lana looked down at her malformed body with a frown. Fighting without the use of her Quirk wasn't exactly something she could do. Maybe if she just tucked her lower arms together? But then she'd have her upper arm and the tentacle, would the tentacle be considered a part of her Quirk? What about her eyes, which she knew for a fact were enhanced somewhat by their odd composition.

Once Lisa asked who would go first, Lana merely looked up in confusion, but that didn't stop the girl next to her from raising her hand.

"I'm down to give it a go." Mako said with a tilt of her head "Using my quirk too much isn't exactly a go-to option for me, anyhow."

"What about Quirks... like mine?" Lana asked after that. She wasn't exactly sure what would happen if a villain had a quirk that could remove hers in some way, at that point she'd either be crippled or in shock.

Lisa Katsura
"You'd be an exception. Since your quirk is more of a mutation that's passively active, you can use all of your limbs in this exercise. The same goes for anyone else with a mutation quirk that doesn't give them any extra 'firepower.'" Lisa replied to Lana's question. " Strong hand-to-hand skills for all of your limbs would benefit you greatly on your journey to becoming a hero."

She turned to Mako, her first volunteer. "Follow me." She lead Mako into the room she set up. The boxing machine stood in the middle. It looked like a punching bag with mechanical, padded arms and padded targets representing hands. "You may began when you're ready," Lisa said, holding a remote that would power on the machine.

GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

Lana Del' Rize ...
1481270594183244506.jpg
Lana gave a low grumble at Lisa's words before looking down at her hands, eyes narrowing as her tentacle came into view and made her sigh with indignation. Eventually, she merely nodded at Lisa's words before folding her arms and looking away. The idea of being without her Quirk was now stuck swimming around in her head. It was an idea that she used to dream of, but she'd grown out of that a long time ago. She'd need reconstructive surgery on an absolutely ridiculous scale to get even somewhat close to human-like in appearance, and at that point it'd be more trouble than it was worth. With the hooded girl already laying claim to the Fight-Machine first, Lana turned and walked away before closing her more human eye and grumbling. Her cluster of eyes squirmed and darted around the room, rolling around in her eye-socket, tracking the movements of the other students.

Honestly, Maize had used her own Quirk to give Lana a glimpse of what life would be like without her freakishly horrific appearance, but all it had done was convince her that ever getting to such a state was nigh-impossible. Just thinking about such a concept pissed her off, and soon her upper hand was gripping her tentacle tightly just mulling over it. She needed to steady herself, being stuck having to be around others was making it harder for her to swallow her spite. She needed to focus on something else, anything else. So her thoughts went back to the exercise they were doing, wondering what exactly this fighting machine would do to 'fight' back. Her grip on her tentacle became far less painful as the image of some shoddily built Karate-Bot performing wrestling moves on her classmates seeped into her consciousness.

She actually found herself smirking to herself at the idea of the loud ingrates being subjected to judo throws and pile-drivers left right and center. What if Ms. Katsura surprised them with two more Karate-Bots? Lana looked to the ceiling with a small grin. Oh yes, this was a line of thinking she was more than willing to indulge in.

...and Mako Glass
As Mako began following Lisa, she paused upon catching sight of Ferryn and Xander. She glanced forward for a moment before turning back and giving them a wave, leaving the re-introductions for after her five minutes were up. Crossing her arms behind her head as she followed the Teacher into the separate room, Mako's eyes ran along it briefly before settling on the weird contraption in the dead center. She approached it with a casual gait before bending forward to look it over.

Lisa's words broke Mako from her examination of the machine, she leaned back and lowered her arms before giving them two final stretches, "Yeah, think I got it."

Angling herself a bit, Mako raised her hands in front of her and closed her eyes before glancing at Lisa and nodding, "Let's do this."

The first thing that became blatantly clear about Mako the moment fists started flying, was that she was definitely used to Back-Street brawling. She punched with momentum, not style, fists sinking into the hands and body of the fighting machine over and over. She paused twice in the first two minutes to flex her hands before returning to her assault, eventually getting into a flow of impact up until the halfway point when one of the machine's target hands sped forward and bopped her on the side of the head, throwing off her onslaught and making her step back.

Rubbing at her head for a moment, Mako looked up to see that the Machine was now clanging its target it hands together. Standing straight, she approached again and threw another left hook only for the machine to slip one of its hands into her rang and block the strike before shoving her back.

Mako caught herself this time, nodding a few times as the machine once more clacked its targets together, "Okay... I'm seeing how this is going."

At that machine actually raised its arm and front of it and gestured with its target hand for her to approach again. As Mako approached with an Upper-cut already in the works, the machine twisted its arm to catch it, only for Mako's knee to surge upwards into its side. Her trashy brawling had shifted over to grappling, trying to yank the machine's limbs out of the way before it could counter her attacks. The transition was nearly seamless, her attacks nearly identical yet the follow-ups entirely different. Despite its maneuverability, the Machine struggled at first to adapt to her change in style.

But then it sped up and promptly kicked the crap out of her.

Oh her efforts were definitely impressive, but Mako's time fighting thugs and drunken bar patrons near her place of employment/residence wasn't even close to able to prepare her for a literal machine designed for fighting. She still put up as much of a resistance as she could, but the machine started beating her like it was its full time job... which it kind of was in a sense. Sure the blunted edges of its target hands were far from the most dangerous of weapons, but they still hurt hell every time they sank into her face or rammed into her gut.

By the time the five minutes ran out, the Machine was posing atop Mako's downed form as if trumpets were hailing its victory. The pose didn't last long, since it was soon powered down, the whirring of it returning to its default state signalling Mako to push herself back onto her knees and brush herself off. Primarily, her hands went to her mask, which had been jostled ferociously throughout the beat-down she was just put through.

With the exercise over, she stood and began fixing her hair as she glanced to Lisa, "So do I get those notes now or after everyone's gone, teach?"

Last edited:
cfab1e91af14fbd7c172fd0e9ed660e8.jpgLeona Wright
Interaction: One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost (Dante) GrieveWriter GrieveWriter (Lana)

Mentioned: shadowdude505 shadowdude505 (Lisa)
Leona could only...awkwardly chuckle while the cyclops (who she soon learned was named Bella) only help progress Lana's foul mood. Though it wasn't hard to do that in most cases. So she sat there, focusing not exactly on their exchange, not until Bella turned and Lana slipped away rather agilely, Leona figured it was probably time to leave anyway. So she stood, running a hand through her hair as her attention turned to Dante. "I'll see you in gym, later. Oh and, bye Bella." Leona told them, giving the cyclops a wave before she turned to leave. She could still feel...whatever it was she had been feeling earlier hanging on to the back of her mind, her shoulders we're still tense. Leona couldn't actually believe he got into Sakura. It wasn't a surprise, but she knew this wasn't his first choice like it was for so many others. He was very loud about that fact. It brought her some satisfaction knowing he didn't get that, but him being here...who knew what kind of problems he'd cause. Anyway, as she made her way to the gym, she took the long way around to avoid the staircase from the roof.

Of course, the first thing she did when entering the gym, was take in different stuff that was set up. The room divider raised some questions, as well as the normal activity stuff, but of course, they had to go get changed. The uniform was...pink. Why hadn't Leona seen that coming? Shorts and a shirt that was tight and in some situations probably a bit uncomfortable, but hey she couldn't complain. After a few adjustments and then, of course, Leona making sure nothing would go crazy before she walked out into the main gym. While Katsura-san explained what they would be doing, Leona put her hair up in a bun, eyes flickering to the bruised as hell Yuri-sensei standing off to the side. She, of course, gave a little wave when Lisa mentioned her.

Then it was time for the machine, after questions of course. Leona was excited about this, like really excited. Hand to hand combat was something she was pretty good at! Sure she had never had a real sparring partner, but it shouldn't be too hard to adapt her skills for something that would fight back. Of course one of her classmates took the first turn, Leona was a little bummed about that, but she didn't mind waiting and going second. But now...she wasn't sure what to do. None of the other stuff looked that fun, and she wasn't sure who would actually want to talk to her.

Lisa Katsura

Lisa scribbled down notes on a note pad as Mako fought the machine. She watched the scuffle with a mask of cold professionalism. Once the machine started to fight back, she briefly thought back on her hero school days. She had gone to an academy in America, but what she had been put through in her beginning year was pretty similar to what she was putting her students through now; though as someone used to civilian life, she could see how an outsider might think her activity could be a bit extreme.

Lisa's face softened once the fight was over. She opened up a cooler that was near her and handed Mako an ice pack. "I was originally thinking that the notes would be more for me, so I could get a feel for what I need to teach you. But if you want a copy, I could give you one next gym class. Though I will say, it looks like you've fought before. You're improvisation skills will be an asset," she replied with a small hint of a maternal tone in her otherwise professional sounding, teaching voice. "Nice work."

She could have said something about Mako's form being a little off, but she wanted to leave things on a more positive note. She did just get beat up by a machine. "You may relax however you want for the rest of the gym period, just stay in the gymnasium," Lisa added before ushering Mako back into the main part of the gym.

"Who’s next?"

GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

Captain Lycanroc Captain Lycanroc FireMaiden FireMaiden Natural Flavour Natural Flavour EldridSmith EldridSmith One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost KanaBakugo KanaBakugo

Last edited:
1570331945155.png Hunter having been beat to the first test stood up immediately to be tested. He may have primarily been a swordsman but he had been taught other forms in case he ever ran out of spirit energy. "I would like to go next."
After being led inside Hunter removed his weights before striking it, using moves from 3 different styles to throw it off, pinpointing the "vitals" on the machine. After time was up he picked up his weights and waited for results.
shadowdude505 shadowdude505

Last edited:
Mako Glass...
Mako took the ice pack wordlessly and pressed it to her head for a moment before giving a sigh. But as Lisa spoke, eventually Mako looked to her and gave her a nod. As Lisa ushered her back to the rest of the class, Mako gave her a thumb's up with her free hand, "I'll get on that teach, thanks."

But she wouldn't be getting on that just quite yet, there were things she had to do... people she needed to talk to.

As her eyes scanned the room, she noted Lisa calling for the next student. Seeing Hunter offer to go next, Mako patted him on the shoulder as she passed by, "Good luck, pal."

With those words said, she was finally able to seek out her former classmates. Well it wasn't really a challenge to seek them out, Xander always did stick out like a sore thumb in a crowd and Ferryn... well honestly Mako was just banking on Ferryn being near him. So while switching her ice pack over to her other hand and pressing it to her chin, Mako approached the two of them while tipping her hat to them.

"Hey guys, sorry I wasn't really able to catch up earlier." she explained as she came to a stop and moved her ice pack again "If I'd known you two would be showing up here I would've-"

She paused, shaking her head a bit before lifting her hat up to view them easier "You guys doing okay? I mean the last I saw of either of you it wasn't exactly any of our best moments so..."

She lowered her gaze as she trailed off, eyes drifting to the side as the memories came back with a vengeance.

...and Lana Del' Rize
1481270594183244506.jpg
Watching the exchange from afar was Lana, but not because of whatever the mask girl was doing with the cripple and the stutter box over there. Ever since she'd returned, Lana couldn't help wondering what exactly happened to her. Though she walked out as if nothing happened, Lana couldn't help but notice that it looked like an entire football team spent the last five minutes kicking her through goal posts. Like what exactly did that machine do to her? Lana had to stop herself from snickering at the mental image of that 'Karate-Bot' absolutely demolishing her.

Was she right? Would she actually get to enjoy the knowledge that everyone here was about to get suplexed by a black belt trashcan?

Lana couldn't even care that 'everyone' included her, because getting knocked around by the walking trinket was a price she was more than willing to pay as long as it did the same to everyone else.

Besides, thoughts like these spared her from what she'd been stuck doing ever since the exercises had started: fretting over her gym clothes.

She'd tried... tried so hard not to get annoyed by them. It was just fabric, what could possibly be wrong with that? They weren't too short and they weren't too long... but they just still weren't long enough! As it was now, standing tall the shorts revealed where her right leg transitioned from carapace to human skin. Her grotesque limbs were bad enough, but showing exactly where they went from regular smooth skin to horrible bug shell was a step too far. She gave into her demons, and had been quietly fuming over that half an inch of skin for the past few minutes.

But now the mask girl over there had proven that by the end of the day, most of these children would be getting bent in half by the jumpkick-3000. A delightful thought such as that was enough to quell even Lana's foul mood for the time being.

Last edited:
[class=mainframe] border:5px solid black; overflow:hidden; margin:0 auto; width:70%; text-align:center; border-radius:25px; background-color:white; color:black; [/class] [class=imgspace] [/class] [class=pic] display:inline-block; width:80%; border:4px dashed rgba(208, 204, 199, 0.60); [/class] [class=Ainfo] display:inline-block; background-color:white; color:black; width:100%; border:4px dashed rgba(208, 204, 199, 0.60); [/class] [class=sideinfo] border-left:5px dotted rgb(241, 171, 79); https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLUEfrIUftlyH_0OzZ_d7a_RBuiA7RmOZjHaPqk9hL1H7dMR3V&s https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c5/85/fa/c585fab2426822a90c8ecab55bf758b3.png https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1UV8ic0JzrkAf7vDwUd8UJUlhb_dmfi626HAo0q_29Vs12kyJ&s https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTuQE6esqdnK3Sm2JHbmSmdIDbzIThIjdfYzqcn2Uzjp18bCYD https://cache.desktopnexus.com/thumbseg/1557/1557640-bigthumbnail.jpg https://wallpapersmug.com/download/1400x1050/5559ed/beautiful-eyes-blue-blonde-anime-girl-Violet-Evergarden.jpg https://pm1.narvii.com/6810/c7ac6d534eab715e4ea37b8acfa2dd6a83f25973v2_hq.jpg https://66.media.tumblr.com/46e4dd92063ab0909c5c71d7dae892d8/tumblr_oqx46mPH631vy2tgqo5_250.png https://image.myanimelist.net/ui/OK6W_koKDTOqqqLDbIoPAm-eVltf7tW4YljKZUhZy58 http://pm1.narvii.com/6814/1413d590d27338cf6a0a4cb2bbfbfcc48a6a0c33v2_00.jpg [/class]

[div class=mainframe]
[div class=imgspace][div class=pic]
images
[/div][div class=Ainfo]Age: 15

Height: 5' 4"/163.5cm

Quirk: Perfect Storm-- (Weather emitter)

images

Code by Idea <3[/div][/div]
Ferryn Evans

Ferryn had been standing near Xander when another completely unexpected person approached them. Mako?! All of this was just too much for Ferryn, and she was crying again. What a way for my first day to go... But she wouldn't have it any other way. She wanted to hug Mako, but the two hadn't been super close or anything back at Free State. Ferryn loved all her old classmates there, but she wasn't sure how Mako's quirk would react to someone hugging her, so Ferryn quelled the urge and tried to make her eyes stop leaking instead.

"I-i-i-it's been rough... b-but everything's going to be okay n-now, r-r-right?" She looked from Xander to Mako, trying to read their expressions. Her inner world was a storm of anxiety and horrible flashbacks, but if her classmates were okay after all this, she could be too. Right? Right?

[div class=sideinfo]Location: Gym

Mentions:

Interacts: Captain Lycanroc Captain Lycanroc GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

[/div]
[/div]

[script class=Ainfo on=init]
hide Ainfo
[/script]
[script class=imgspace on=mouseenter]
hide pic
show Ainfo
[/script]
[script class=imgspace on=mouseleave]
show pic
hide Ainfo
[/script]

Lynn Katsura

Lynn walked out of the ladies locker room feeling much more at home in her gym uniform, it was much more tomboy-ish than the skirted uniform (but at least the school wasn't too picky about what could be worn under the skirt, like a pair of shorts). She walked up to Roy with her hands casually behind her head. "Don't beat yourself up about it. It wouldn't be an easy guess. Besides our eyes, mom and I don't really look the same," she said, casually replying to the statement she had heard when she was half-way through the locker room door to get changed. "I take more after my dad. He's American." She said that with a smile, but on the inside she started to feel an ache. She hadn't seen her father since she was very young.

The start of class shook of any melancholy thoughts she had. She was too proud of her mother to think about anything else once she got into teacher mode. After the stretches were over, Lynn ran over to the basketballs. "I'm going to shoot some hoops. Feel free to join me," she exclaimed to no one in particular with her sporty girl enthusiasm.

Captain Lycanroc Captain Lycanroc

Lisa Katsura

"You've clearly put a lot of time into training," Lisa told Hunter. "I'd guess more than the average teen, judging from the weights. Training is great, it can help you focus, hone your skills; but don't forget to save time for fun. You're only young once." She flashed Hunter a maternal smile. Like with Mako, Lisa handed Hunter an ice pack, "You've finished the activity. You can relax with the others, just stay in the gym area until the class period is over."

EldridSmith EldridSmith

1582846833561.png Hunter stops to ponder for a second on what the teacher had said. She was right... he needed to live for himself and have fun more often... but how? He spotted Lynn shooting hoops and decided to walk over. "Hey Lynn, mind if I join you?"

Interaction: shadowdude505 shadowdude505
Mention: EldridSmith EldridSmith GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

Roy and Edzan

Roy.pngEdzan Miller.png

Roy nodded to Lynn smiling warmly to her, keeping one eye on the fights with the training robot, he stood up to stretch his arms and legs before his round came "I can see a resemblance between you two! you both seem equally determined as well. Besides, I look nothing like my parents, So there's I really shouldn't be one to judge." The mention of his parents made him frown slightly, but he hid it well enough, as always. But the thing he wasn't able to hide was the stress and tension building up inside him as the time for him to challenge the robot grew closer, it'd be hard for him to fight something that he assumed was meant to adapt to your fighting style when his fighting style was the same as the machine's, but he knew he'd have to stick through it never the less. As he stood he mimicked the movements of the previous students who had challenged the robot, moving as he practiced, First like Mako then Hunter, Hunter was certainly harder to get a read on with his style of fighting, seemed to be a mixed batch, but he "rewatched" his test in his head over and over to try and see if he could replicate the movements.

From the corner of his eye, he saw Edzan fighting a similar looking robot at the other side of the gym, bobbing and weaving like a boxer around the robot's strikes, and attacking only when the robot seemed to miss an attack, after a while of studying his sensei fighting he seemed to take notice, turning to look at Roy for a moment as the robot swung toward his head
"S-Sensei!-" His cry of warning seemed to be unless as the robot's arm shattered an inch before impact, as Delta Force completely pulverized the robot into scrap metal, leaving Edzan unharmed but annoyed. walking over closer to the rest of the students with a towel around his neck as Delta Force continued to rapidly reduce the remaining scrap of the robot to metal dust. "Roy." He nodded calmly to the boy, his eyes were a bright burning yellow and Roy swore he saw the slight outline of the X-glasses DF wore on his face. Edzan addressed the students who had finished "Those of you who've finished may feel free to engage in any other activities, but if you seek an additional challenge you may also feel free to spar with me If your teacher is fine with it, that is." He turned and looked to Lisa for her response.

Xander

Interaction: Natural Flavour Natural Flavour GrieveWriter GrieveWriter
Mention: FireMaiden FireMaiden

Xander Malker (2).png

Xander was sat near the bleachers, doing one-armed push-ups trying to show Ferryn how strong he had gotten since they had last talked never being able to text her because his phone had broken in a fight he got in. Getting in fights had become a regular occurrence for Xander after the incident, he seemed to even actively seek them out at times attending fight arenas that were... questionably... legally hosted, He'd become a local legend back at free state, King of The Ring they called him, He'd take on any challenger and almost always won, that was until one electrical, katana-wielding, samurai put him in his place and in the hospital... and now... here at 'Sakura High' the one upside so far had been seeing Ferryn, but other than that it seemed he'd been put at the bottom of some kinda picking order from the non-class 1A students, Maybe his reason for transfer had gotten out or something that made them all look at him as a threat, or maybe this was one of those schools that would only let you get to the top by putting others down. It seemed like even one of the teachers was trying to slight him by not letting him show everyone in class 1A not to mess with him or Ferryn.

As he quickly transferred from pushups to situps he frowned toward Yuri, gritting his teeth. She must have underestimated him or something, just cause he couldn't use one arm, who cared if he had a tiny handicap like that?! He could probably wipe the floor with 90% of the people in this room, none of them could stand up to him raw strength if he ever decided to take them on or if they messed with Ferryn, The thought of that made him angry... picking on someone as nice of Ferryn... he unconsciously flexed his arms, cracking his cast slightly, slowly getting more and more heated, everyone here probably thought they were better than him or something, boy would they be in for a surprise as soon as this damned cast was off, he'd-

"Holy shit! Mako that you, kid?!" he bolted from his place on the ground and completely changed moods and hoisting her up into a hug before placing her back down, he had forgotten what the boundary was with her quirk so he wouldn't risk it any more than that. Looking her up and down he beamed, She looked almost the same as when he saw her last... maybe taller? but he couldn't really tell from where he stood. As Ferryn looked up at him for a response he nodded quickly and flexed his free arm "Damn right'll be! Ya' got me here to crush any punk that gets some kinda funky idea in their head! an' Mako'll lead us to victory in any kinda team exercise! Ya' Think they got a sports fest at this place er what?!" he was practically jumping in place, maybe this school had its perks after all. He wasn't in it on his own anymore, he had some backup at this new weirdo school

Lana Del' Rize...
1481270594183244506.jpg
Lana noticed Hunter finishing his fight and figured it was time for her to get it over with. Besides, the stutterbox over near mask-girl had just started crying, which was the universal indicator that Lana had to vacate the area at once lest her patience run thin.

But of course the moment Lana came across this mystery machine that was supposed to be pushing them all to their limits, she had to hold back a snicker. It was everything she could've hoped for and more. The goofy simplicity this thing stood for was far better than anything she could've come up with in her head. Well... not really, but having any kind of confirmation is better than no confirmation. She was having so much fun enjoying the downright stupid image of this thing tossing her classmates about that she almost didn't notice the test starting.

She briefly looked down at her chitinous limbs. She was supposed to use them to their fullest extent, but honestly punching anything without it providing some kind of threat made her feel silly. That was the kind of stuff that little kids did to their pillows while having a tantrum, or what insecure adults did to punching bags when having their tantrums. But she wouldn't be deterred by her disgust here, it was for a test after all. She could only imagine the lecture that Maize would give her for letting a tinkertoy outplay her.

So she did what was asked of her and started swinging.

She had to use her lower arms to ground herself, which meant her strikes were nearly entirely done by her upper arm and tentacle, which she would whip around in-between blows two or three times before rearing back with her fist once more. Every time her clenched fist slammed against the machine, it rocked and skidded along the ground. Eventually she backed up to just start whipping the machine repeatedly. The sound of her tentacle swinging against it over and over again was like the crack of a firearm.

Yet those sounds ended once the machine started up and swerved out of the way of her tentacle. It moved through her swings and went for a gut-strike, only for her fist to come swinging around and sending it skidding back again.

Lana was glad the thing was finally moving, she'd definitely feel better about beating the piss out of something that moved. Sure enough, it had trouble maneuvering through her flailing tentacle, only to get sent flying back three more times whenever Lana surged forward with her fist. Of course, Lana's agitation only grew as this cycle repeated, what was she supposed to be learning here? That her Quirk was hard for a fighter to handle? That was something she was already pretty damn sure of. She gave a small scoff as she thought about just how long she would have to deal with this joke.

And then it kicked her leg out from under her.

Lana hadn't been ready for its sudden change in tactics, and found her stance immediately scrambled as her limbs raced to catch her. However, this merely gave the Fight-Bot the perfect opening to spin kick her in the head. Lana reared back, shaking her head with a grumble before looking up to see it gesturing for her to come at it in a manner far too cocky for a damn machine. Eyes narrowing, Lana reared back before whipping her tentacle forward, the Robot maneuvering through her attacks as it closed the distance. Just as she reared back with her arm it once again fell into a sliding kick that knocked her off balance. As she stumbled forward to catch herself, the machine drop-kicked her from behind and sent her falling flat on her chest.

Eyes snapping open with rage, Lana slammed a fist on the ground before whipping her head back to see the Robot leaping at her. Placing her lower hands on the ground beside her, she flung herself out of the way right as it landed. Before it could follow, Lana threw herself at the machine, bringing it down to the ground before clamping down on its arms with her lower hands. She reared back and cracked it upside the head with her remaining fist before the machine managed to wedge its legs in between them and kicked her off of it. The moment Lana landed and her limbs scuttled to reorient herself, she was already whipping her tentacle towards the robot as it leaped back to its feat. It wasn't able to do much else after that, as she was quick to wrap her tentacle around its leg and whip it through the air above and slam it against the ground. She would've kept going if she hadn't realized that the machine had stopped to trying to free itself, and after a short time spent blinking at it in a confused manner, Lana realized that time was up.

Her hands relaxed at that, with her dropping the robot as she crossed both sets of her arms and looked away with a miffed little, "Meh."
...and Mako Glass
Mako hadn't been ready for Ferryn to start crying almost immediately upon seeing her. It had taken her aback a bit, but before she could try giving some comforting words, Xander managed to swoop her up in a one-armed hug that probably would've squeezed the life out of her if Mako wasn't used to getting bear-hugged back home. The moment her feet were back on the ground, she immediately raised her hands up to make sure her mask was still in place. She didn't want her quirk ruining this touching reunion.

Thankfully, Ferryn was able to speak by that point, though the words that she gave weren't exactly ones that Mako could answer with full confidence. Sure things were far better than they were the last time they were all together, but Mako wasn't the type to adhere to blind optimism. Still, the idea that things could only get better from here on was an attractive one. She'd be lying if she said she didn't want that to become their reality, as it was definitely one worth hoping for.

Xander didn't have any of her hesitancy, immediately hopping on board Ferryn's idea with optimism that only he could bring to the table. Mako couldn't help but give a small laugh under her mask.

"Heh, Lead? You give me way too much credit, man." Mako said as she walked over to the nearby bleachers and plopped down "But its a school, so I've no doubt they'll have some kinda sports thing."

Folding her arms behind her head, she leaned back against the bleacher behind her, "I'm positive there'll plenty of opportunities for you to show just how much ass you can kick, no matter how many arms ya got."

That was as far as she'd go mentioning the cast at all. For all intents and purposes, it wasn't her business, and she sure wasn't the type to pry.

Instead, her attention went to their various classmates, all of whom seemed to be doing different things as each kept going through the robot, "Then again, I just showed up this period." she noted before turning her head to Ferryn and Xander, "You guys would probably know more about this place than I would by now."

Lynn Katsura & Lisa Katsura

Lynn took a shot. Swoosh. Nothing but net. She retrieved the basketball and looked over at Hunter. "I don't mind," she replied with a smile. "Here." She passed the ball over to him by lightly bouncing it off the floor.

EldridSmith EldridSmith
___
Edsan caught Lisa in between student attempts at the boxing machine.

"If the students want to spar with you, then I don't mind," she replied. "Just make sure they're supervised and make it back to the gym so that they can do the activity, or be ready for the end of the class period, if you end up sparing elsewhere."

~
She scribbled down Lana's results. "Good work," she said, handing her an ice pack. "You can take it easy the rest of the class, and if you don't want to do any more physical activities in the gym, you can change out of your gym clothes; just stay in the gym."

Captain Lycanroc Captain Lycanroc GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

569e3e0d73decd9d5060fab02dbbbb47.jpgLeona Wright
Interaction: shadowdude505 shadowdude505 (Lisa) Captain Lycanroc Captain Lycanroc (Edzan)

Mentioned: GrieveWriter GrieveWriter (Lana/Mako) Captain Lycanroc Captain Lycanroc (Roy) EldridSmith EldridSmith (Hunter)
Leona had hoped that she would be the first or second fight. But she kept missing her chance. And while it was a little disappointing, it always gave her a chance to watch the rest of the class from the secluded corner she had sat down in. She hadn't noticed him, but Ezdan-sensei was in the gym too. She watched him for a minute while Hunter started sparring with the robot, her eyes quickly moved on. There were a few conversations around the gym, people playing basketball or using the jump ropes or whatever, her time for the test was coming closer and closer. Hunter, some girl she didn't know, Roy...Leona immediately perked up when she heard Edzan announce that anyone who had finished their fights could go and spar with him. That was a dream for Leona. She was widely self-taught, her fighting had no one style, but she was eager who see how her CQC did against real opponents. She couldn't exactly try it out during the entrance exam given it had to be quirk heavy combat. So as soon as Lana was done, Leona jumped up and now it was her turn to fight the bot.

Leona bowed respectively to Lisa, one fist pressed against a flat palm, she had never needed to bow like that before but she felt here it was necessary. Once she had gotten the politeness out of the way, she moved to face her robotic opponent. And immediately noticed it was taller than her...rude. Anyway, she took her stance, one that would resemble a boxer's stance but with a touch of MMA. Her arms were up to protect her head, her legs were wide so she wouldn't be knocked back or down easily, and her chin was tucked down to further protect her head. She knew the robot would study and then adapt to their fighting styles, but she wondered just how far it was developed. It if adapted to his the students actually fought or did it chose from a database of different styles. Leona was about the find out.

Leona let the robot approach her after it mimicked her stance, watching how it not only held itself but how it moved. Stiff, but a little bouncy, it was obviously expecting her to have some boxing training. Not wrong, but not entirely right. When it sent out its first strike, Leona sidestepped and sent on of her own center mass. The robot buckled when her first hit it, immediately turning to throw its elbow into her, but she ducked under it. She came back up behind the Robot, quickly sending a strong kick to the center of it's back. The robot skidded across the floor and went still for a few moments as it processed what just happened and adjusted.

Suddenly it turned and quickly charged, forcing Leona to back up and block a flurry of strikes. It was trying to overwhelm her, an adjustment Leona could counter for but it took a few moments of blocking or dodging the various strikes. There was a very sudden shift in her, going from defensive to offensive right after the bot left a good opening. Her movements got a little looser, her stance a little more bouncy, almost like a dance as she started really retaliating. There was a stern look on her face, eyes darting as she kept track of the bot's movements. She took a step forward, sending a punch to it's "jaw" that caused it to stumble back before it charged again.

This time, it got lucky, beginning to throw a fake punch in one direction that Leona prepared to block for only to throw one lower. The hit caused her to double over slightly, but it was enough to the hot to throw a punch aimed at her jaw. She couldn't block in time, but she could move her head just enough that it only got her chin and bottom lip. But it had closed the distance Leona needed it to. She suddenly took a step forward, grabbing the bot's shoulder and looping her leg around the back of it's leg, she violently turned and slammed the hot on the ground. There was a beep, and a light crunch as some of the plastic cracked. For a moment, Leona thought maybe it was broken, but it stood up after she had, and reset for the next student.

After she got her feedback from Lisa, Leona thanked her and immediately went to go find Edzan. Her bottom lip was bleeding just a little, but after quickly wiping it away so it was nothing but a little red smear before she approached him. "Edzan-sensei, can I spar with you? I just finished my bot fight."

Dante

This was going to be ugly....

With his Quirk, Dante was dangerous, he was powerful. He was able to fight multiple opponents simultaneously and emerge victorious. He could at least pose half a threat to Edzan and Yuri. He was able to secure his entrance to this school because of how hard he'd trained with his Quirk to take his mediocre quirk and make something of it. However, that meant he'd neglected other areas... After Leona stepped out, he took a breath and stepped into the room, painfully aware that people would likely be watching... He took off his rings to avoid reflexively using his quirk, tucking them into his pocket as he looked over the iRobot reject. Two minutes to free attack, then three minutes of it fighting back...

His left foot stepped back into a southpaw stance, a light bend in his legs that would help him stay light on his feet. Even without his quirk, he had his agility... From that first punch though, it would be almost painfully obvious to anyone with training just how much wasted movement he had. Dante had a decent amount of power to his swings, more than a decent amount, honestly. Even still, it was readily apparent he'd never actually been taught how to fight hand to hand. Every punch was wild, too open, too exploitable; every kick was too indirect... Just every move he did, while it would look fine in a movie, and would work decently against Joe Schmo on the street, would just leave him ripe for counters against an opponent that actually knew how to fight.

Dante narrowed his eyes as the bot suddenly came to life as he was throwing a punch. The counterpunch was swift, and he just barely managed to duck under it before the assault began... The bot couldn't seem to land a hit on him, at least at first. Compared to dodging multiple attackers, this wasn't too difficult, but what got Dante in trouble was every time he tried to actually fight back. Every time he threw one of those all or nothing Haymakers, that robot would catch him two or three times to knock him back. Every time he threw a kick, it just stepped in and punched him off his balance so he had to roll back to his feet. It kept coming, and since Dante's momentum was already going backwards... He flipped backwards, bringing his foot up to catch the bot just under the 'chin' to stop it from approaching as he landed. But it just kicked him when he landed, sending him into the wall....

'Is this... Is this all I've got?...' Dante wondered, gritting his teeth as he looked at the ground.

"Is that all you've got, Villain?" A voice sneered. Dante felt the emotions wash over him again. The desire to run, the desire to escape... and that pit in your stomach when attempts to escape were shut down. Every where he looked, a blur cut him off to keep him from getting away as the wolves caught up for the hunt. That feeling of helplessness....

Dante punched the ground. He remembered how he felt back then. He was never going to feel that way again. He'd promised himself in that moment, when he took a stand against the wolves that pursued him, that he would never be that helpless again...

"I'm not done yet!" He hissed, his eyes snapping up to the bot. He pushed himself off the ground, charging at the bot as it once again aimed to preemptively punch him. He dipped around the punch, slipping under its shoulder for a maximum impact punch right to the gut of the bot, sending it back a couple of feet, but it raised a hand to bring the hammer down on his head, the hit stopping just before it connected as the bot powered down....

Dante gritted his teeth. He'd only managed to land one solid punch when it started fighting back...Was he really that worthless without his Quirk?... After placing in the top 10 for the Entrance Exam, was that all he was good for?...

He reached a hand into his pocket, slipping his rings back on his thumbs as he looked back at the bot. Now he saw firsthand what he needed to work on.. He'd destroy that bot before this school year ended....

Still, Katsura-Sensei would likely see the frustration clearly written all over his face. He knew better than anyone that he had a long way to go before he could be called anything close to 'Hero'....

1570331945155.png Hunter caught the ball and tried shooting at the basket, he missed slightly being unfamiliar with the ball. "What are the rules other than get it in the basket? I've never played before."

Interaction: shadowdude505 shadowdude505 Natural Flavour Natural Flavour

Roy

Roy.png

Roy stepped up to the metaphorical plate for his turn against this strange karate droid, from what he'd seen so far it would go like this for him: He'd start out slinging punched into the machine as it tanked through them up until the bot had a valid assessment of his fighting methods/strengths than the super fighting robot would start dishing out the hurt, most likely, Roy would become a nice mop for the floor as his peers watched on. Shaking these fears from his head Roy walked alongside Ms. Katsura into the fighting arena, looking at the floor and back up to her every now and then, finally addressing her as he saw the robot in the corner of his eye "Uhh... Katsura-sensei? Is there anything I should know before I go into this? There isn't a uh- a kill mode on this thing right, HAHAHA- Kidding of course!!!" He wasn't kidding. The pale boy's luck seemed to have ran out as he could hear the soft hum of the Dummy Bot's engine starting up, and single red eye beaming on as it scanned the boy up and down, seeing this display sent a chill down Roy's spine. This was the kind of thing you read about in comic books and on crazy 49-year-old men's conspiracy websites! He could imagine the clickbait title already: "Robot intended for practice breaks every bone in scrawny albino teen's body! READ MORE HERE!" or the title of a comic would go something like this: "Issue 35: Snow Chameleon VS The Evil Nindroid! Man against the machine! Bone against Metal! Blood against oil!!! only 75¢ "

Roy gulped as he walked up to the machine and gave the 'all-knowing' glowing eye a soft wave and a timid "H-Hello." Before shaking his head, he was getting caught up on his nerves and that would trip him up, what was the old quote? "Be like the heavy stone in the rushing river and flow the force around you"? Or was that just a line in one of the episodes of Titanium Shugon... Whatever, it sounded grounded in reality so he'd use it to his advantage in this. Taking up a stance that would let him move around easily, bouncing back and forth like a fighting game character, it was the only form of fighting he'd really seen other than the random slugfests that happened at the orphanage, but none the less Roy started throwing out punched, low hits, medium kicks, heavy-armed swings, He seemed to be almost putting a dent into this thing, but it also kinda hurt his hands "Tch- So that's why fighting game characters wear the wraps and paddings, this really hurt my knuckles!" He quickly took a mental note to bring hand wraps or something next school day. The young silver-haired hero (In Training) knew this little grace period couldn't have much more time left, so he would bide his time and bat his fists into the tin can a while longer before he got his lashings.

He slung two punches and then a kick into the robot but his leg was quickly gripped by the bot, luckily he managed to slam his fist into the side of its head causing it to drop his leg in simulated surprise, He'd have to start playing more carefully around this thing, maybe if he could time his attacks better he could sneak a few blows past its guard, but before Roy could spring his infiltrating counter-attack strategy he caught a swift, cold fist to the cheek, that sent him stumbling backward. 'Ouch' was all that could be used to describe it accurately, but he wasn't about to give up now, His planning faze had ended anyway, now was his time to turn those thoughts into actions!

Another punch from the robot was unloaded toward him but he slinked around it and sent an uppercut into its chin and jabbed its head twice and gave a quick leg sweep as his metallic opponent reeled. Quickly the robot got up and slung a much faster and harder series of punches toward Roy, which he managed to chain block pretty well, returning the assault with a multitude of kicks and jabs to the cent of the robot before he jumping uppercut the clanker. "This is going great! I feel just like a Tekken or Street Fighter character! if I can keep this up I'll-" His train of thought was promptly cut off when the robot caught itself before it landed, swept his legs out, gut-punched him, and did a spin kick combo that lifted him into the air that ended with him falling onto his stomach on the ground. "K.....O....." He stumbled his way out of the arena and slumped down next to Paris with a frown, that quickly shifted into a smile "Did you see me out there?! That was- I did- haha! wow!"

Interaction: FireMaiden FireMaiden

Edzan

Edzan Miller2.png

The simulated 1 on 1 combat was always interesting to watch, Edzan had been doing this for so long he could pinpoint the exact moment the students would lose: Unfailingly each student he trained had lost their battle when they had confidence in their 'victory' over the machine or the thought of outsmarting it tapped at their brain so long that they thought it'd actually work. He'd seen the deal time and time again, They game, They fought, They lost. Sighing as another one of his student's smirks was wiped from their face in dramatic fashion when he heard footsteps approaching him quickly, His yellow eyes flared up slightly as he turned to face the sound only to find Leona making her way over to him and inquiring with him about sparring which he was glad to hear, but he frowned slightly looking down at the spry young girl. "Overconfidence is a slow, but insidious killer." he grumbled to himself before he stretched his arms and pointed to a sparring mat, and started walking over to it. "I'll be waiting there, Leona. Prepare yourself with whatever you might need."

569e3e0d73decd9d5060fab02dbbbb47.jpgLeona Wright
Interaction: Captain Lycanroc Captain Lycanroc (Edzan)

Mentioned:
Leona had been excited by the idea to spar with Edzan-sensei. Keyword: had. She had not failed to notice the slight flare in his eyes, and not noticing the overconfidence comment would have just been impossible given she was right in front of him. Her small smile dropped, her shoulders slumped a little as she stepped to the side when he stretched, telling her where she needed to go once she was ready. "Yes sir," She spoke softly, briefly watching him walk away before her eyes fell to the floor as she ran a hand through her hair. Had...she done something wrong? She won her bot fight, sure she wasn't professionally trained like some of the other students would be, but she only got hit twice. Was she supposed to be perfect? Anxiety curled in the pit of her stomach as she started redoing her ponytail, Leona chewing on her bottom lip.

Edzan was one of the few pro-heroes she actually looked up to. Having a quirk like his has to make it hard, but he was a great hero. Getting to fight him during the entrance exam was just amazing. Not exactly the way she wanted to meet him...but still cool none the less. But now she was second-guessing herself. Did he want them to be perfect? Sure maybe he was just focusing on the fact she got hit. Sure her lip had got caught during that punch but that was the only injury she had, that bot didn't hit hard enough to bruise her stomach. It made her nervous to spar with him now, but...she wasn't going to back down. Leona had already asked if she could...and he already accepted.

With a sigh, her hand fell back to her side, Leona shaking her head a little to make sure her ponytail felt good before making her way over to the sparring mat. She didn't know what he had in mind, or what exactly this would be like. She knew he was going to have the obvious upper hand in every category, but this was a learning opportunity. She was self-taught and had never even faced off against a pro. Once she was on the mat, standing on the other side of him, she remained silent feeling like he would have something to say.

During the sparring match Emmy was sitting in the bleachers watching while trying not to fall asleep. She was trying to keep her energy form up as long as she could but it was starting to fail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back