• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
"Yeah, that would be great! Y- you know, since we're friends and all" Aika agreed before following Toru to the dorms. She looked down at her dorm information card and made a note to remember it by heart so she wouldn't get lost if she were to lose the paper. 'I really do hope I get a dorm near Toru' Aika thought with a hopeful smile.

Himiko Kenko
Tags: Any (Open)

7sY7jRZ.png

Skipping through the streets the somewhat mismatched outfit of Kenko soon comes into view, clad in a myriad of pastel colours in multiple layers and heavy mane of hair flowing out from both the rear and side of her raised hood despite countless ribbons and clips attempting to keep it under control. The fact she had even managed to get the ability to take the test was a miracle to most, something that caused quite a bit of a delay as the teachers and supervisors needed to double and triple check the notification for some form of error, a few objections and petitions but it all worked out in the end so all she had to do was sit back and laugh, as well as send another letter through to her mother...but by time she gets that shes likely already going to be sending another about her being accepted. Sure she had received a few warnings for breaking curfew when she actually returned to the orphanage since then, but practice was practice and she was not going to give this anything less than everything.

So back to the moment she makes her way through the crowds with a few murmurs here and there likely directed to them, but none of it could knock away the smile covering her face...well below her mask but still it was there, entering through the doors to the assembly just as some teacher seemed to be speaking up at the front of the room about electronic devices, well she didn't have any of those anyway so might as well ignore that little tidbit, going to take a open seat regardless before starting to scribble through the answers with an overly flowery writing complete with hearts, smiley faces and other doodles throughout. The test would be handed in sometime later, a benefit of librarys being one of the best places to keep out of the cold meant there was plenty of books to pass the time with, especially when she managed an unofficial sleep over now and again unbeknownst to the librarians, making the test itself not overly difficult, dull sure, but not difficult.

So now she found herself wandering around the campus dorms to take advantage of the complementary provisions, soaps and snacks...the majority of which would find themselves within the canvas duffel bag of the girl as well as working away at whatever food was left in the moment, somehow consuming such fairly simply despite the mask as she continued to explore around the locations to familiarize herself with their future home. Still part of all the extravagance did irritate her slightly, a few narrowed eyes at certain elements as she was subtly reminded of how much money was wasted by the government that could have been better used elsewhere in society, like oh I don't know the social services or shelters.

Toru looked around, trying to locate his dorm before seeing the numbers that corresponded with his paper. "Finally! I thought I'd never find it." He looked over to Aika. "You should find your dorm. Maybe it's close to mine." He said. She was the first friend he'd made so far, so hopefully they had dorms fairly close together. "Well, uhm, I should go check it out. Maybe we can meet somewhere?" He scratched his head, waiting for an answer from his friend.

Aika looked at her dorm number one more time. "Oh, hey! Look at that! It's just a few doors down!" she pointed out with a smile. "And yeah, we should meet up somewhere. Maybe the courtyard? This afternoon?" she suggested. 'I can't believe we're so close! My first friend here is only a few doors down!' Aika was mentally celebrating.

Clem smiled "thanks" she said, following aspen to her dorm, making convorsation along the way "so which dorm did you get?" Clem asked with curiosity. She would have read it herself if she could. She hated relying on others. But she made the most of things. When she reached her dorm, she smiled and thanked asp again. "you can stay if you want" she offered.

"Not a problem Clem" Aspen tells her as they reach her dorm. "My dorm is actually a door down from yours" She says gesturing to a door behind her. "I would love to stay and chat" She says "Or we can go and meet new people who Drei can scare" she says with a grin as said spider crawls on her arm.

Clem chuckled "sure, lets go explore, i've been itching to get a look at the new fine arts department" Clem said excitedly "my dad Kirishima is also kinda worried about me too since I have been so seclusive since mum died and tamaki came into our lives" Clem explained "well enough about me, what is your family like? I'll bet they are wonderful since they raised such a great person " Clementine beamed as she followed behind aspen

Aspen speaks up as they walk out of the dorms "Well my adoptive father is Koji Koda, he actually was in the same class as Kirishima" She says" He's always annoyed with how I always get into fights to protect animals or bring injured or stray ones home with me all the time" by now Aspens grinning "He was so freaked out when I just showed up one day with a big spider saying I was gonna keep him" Said spider climbs higher up her body at this.

Aika had walked into her room and decided to set up her belongings in a way that suited her. She had speakers in the corners of the room, electric and acoustic guitars, a entertainment system with lots of video games, a bed with tons of fluffy pillows, several anime and band posters on the walls, a dartboard on her door, a beanbag chair, a wardrobe with drawers at the bottom, and a work desk. Once she put all of her personal items and clothes away as well, the girl sighed with satisfaction at her hard work.

Clem chuckled "really? I'll bet the spider is adorable" she said confidantly, not fully knowing what spiders looked like "can I ask you something?" she asked, wanting to ask what has been eating at her from a young age "what is it like to see?" she asked with genuine current curiosity . "i miss so much, like I have never watched a movie" she admitted

"Most people would very much disagree with you saying spiders are adorable" Aspen says to Clem "Your lucky though you can't see ugly people" She grins "or be forced to watched movies you don't wanna see" She suddenly realizes something "Can blind people have a favorite color even though they can't see"

Clem tilted her head "what does it mean to be ugly?" Clem asked with genuine curiosity "I guess you're right, though. I don't even know what I look like let alone anyone else" she said jokingly, listening with curiosity, she truely had no concept of beauty "and no, we can't unless said person wasn't born blind, people born blind like myself have no concept of color" Clem explained

Aika decided to explore the dorms, since she had no idea who else could be living in the same building. As she wandered the halls, she saw two girls talking to each other. She instantly felt shy and doubted if she would fit in. 'Come on, Aika! Stop doubting yourself!' she tried to hype herself up before her feet pretty much moved on their own.

"Um...hi" Aika greeted them nervously. As she stood there, she subconsciously started swirling one of her earlobe jacks around her finger.

Clem jumped, her heart pounding "who's t-there?" she asked hiding behind aspen out of instinct, blushing out of embarrassment but Couldn't bring herself to peel herself away, the small,statured girl visibly shaken, her quirk making itself known in her fear, her skin forming a layer of hard rock as she hid herself.

"O- oh! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to scare you!" Aika quickly apologized. As she waved her hands around, her quirk gained static electricity, which gave her a big shock when she went to rub her arm. "Agh!" Aika exclaimed as the electricity pulsed through her.

Clem sighed, her protective layer seeming to melt back into her pale skin "heh i-its okay, no harm no foul right?" she said, blushing a deep red as she peeled herself from Aspen "s-sorry asp" she apolgised before returning her attention to the new person "m-my names Clementine but you can call me Clem" she said, still blushing a deep red "I didn't see you and didn't hear you approach" Clem explained "still can't see you as a matter of fact" she said waving a hand in front of her face "i'm blind haha" she further explained

"Hmm...have you ever considered something like echolocation?" Aika asked curiously. The thought of creating something that would make someone's life even a little better made her get excited. Even though she kept a calm exterior, she was smiling like a child with a sugar high on the inside. 'I might actually be able to help someone!' she thought.

"Echolocation? No I haven't, how would it work?" Clem asked 'wow i'm learning so much today!' Clem thought, a look of childlike wonder on her face, she was a rather sheltered child so these things are rather new to her "I would love to learn more about this echolocation you speak of" she said, eager like a child on Christmas.

"Well, when you said that you were blind, I thought about how bats and dolphins use echolocation to see, judge distance, and create images in their head of what the vibrations bounced off of. With that in mind, I also thought about how my quirk amplifies the sounds of my heartbeat. If I could build something that can shoot vibrations from your own heartbeat or your voice, then the principle of echolocation for a human could be possible" Aika explained her theory. Her eyes were sparkling with passion as she spoke about the subject of scientific association from animals to humans.

Clementine lolked in wonder "really do you think it could work?" she asked, being kind of a science nerd. "maybe I could help, I have old hearing-aids we can use to project and receive sound, maybe with some tweaking we could make it work!" she said excitedly

"That's a great idea!" Aika complimented. "I know the inner workings and wiring of speakers, amps, and most computers, so I should be able to learn how your hearing-aids work pretty quickly. "I'm really excited to do this! I haven't had inspiration for a new invention in almost two years!" she chirped. She was so glad that she was able to find someone who shared a common interest with her.

"haha thats awsome! And this could change life for the blind forever!" she said animatedly "oh this is gonna be great!" She added, unable to contain her childlike excitement turning to aspen "will you help us asp?" she asked excitedly

"Oh, I almost forgot. What's your name? Sorry for starting the conversation without introducing myself first" Aika apologized with an embarrassed chuckle. She wasn't exactly the best at making friends, which is why she wanted to cherish the moments she had with the people she had met.

Clem giggled "My names clementine but you can call me Clem" she answered with a grin "my parents are Kirishima Eijirou and Tamaki Amajiki" she said, still happily grinning, it was her second friend here! Clem glanced at them both with innocent adoration.

"Woah! Your dads are Red Riot and Sun Eater?!" Aika exclaimed with shock clear in her tone. "They're both some of my top five favorite heroes!" she squeaked. "My name's Aika. My parents are Kyoka and Denki Kaminari" she introduced herself. "It's nice to meet you, Clem. I was actually afraid that I wouldn't make friends and end up being an outcast again" she said with a bright smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back