• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Blue and Grey (Civil War RP Interest Check)

supertoastgirl

Blue and Grey
The Story of a Union-occupied Conferedate Town

Before I put too much effort into the aesthetics and details of this RP I just wondered if there was even any interested in the idea! Taking inspiration from the PBS show Mercy Street, we'll find a handful of characters thrust together by circumstance. Most of the action will take place in a union hospital and throughout the union-occupied town. Confederates and Union Soldiers, slaves and free African Americans, the rich and the poor. All walks of life. The drama would be stirred by the opposing views of doctors, nurses, townsfolk, business owners, etc. For example, an abolitionist doctor might refuse to perform surgery on a Confederate Soldier. Or perhaps a wealthy plantation owner refuses medical attention from Union doctors.

Social issues also arose at the time. Many southern homes served as bases for the union soldiers while the owners were still present. Young confederate daughters falling for Union soldiers. Businesses were shut down until the owners would sign allegiance to the Union. Then, of course, there is the issue of identity at the time. Someone of the Confederate Army could be disguised as someone else. Deceit, deception, actions, romance, and more! Oh my!

There are several nuanced issues of the time that could sew together an exciting and complex roleplay. With the right writers, I think it could evolve into something really amazing!

Looking for more literal writers, a couple of paragraphs with details would do. Most importantly, people who create and unafraid to progress the story. Let me know what ya'll think, and whether or not you might be interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back