• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nokumi

Honor. That's what I'm after. Fame. That's my goal
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
It was just another day in blossom! People were trying to make sales and there was arguments breaking out between monsters and humans. Some monsters were getting picked on by humans and some humans getting a beating from monsters. Surgess the youngest of the royal skull family and only daughter of the king and queen was running through the castle. She was giggling as she slid down the stairs rail and flung off it and into the throne room. Grabbing her favorite gear and getting ready to head out into the village despite the dangers. Wondering which knight to take with her this time? She was so exited to go outside she was bouncing around.

"15 gold bits!"

"20 gold bits."

Stygian's dark eyebrows furrowed as the impatient man before him insisted on haggling. Within the centaur's grasp, a fine-quality goblin horn about the size of a large dagger. A small line of monsters and humans waited patiently behind the ordeal, all too familiar with this kind of conflict in Blossom's streets. Some of these faces, Stygian recognized as some of his personal customers. The twitchy man threw his hands up in the air in exasperation.

"Bah! Goddamn ripoff, goddamn half-breeds..." He muttered defeatedly, before he turned tail and hobbled back into the busy streets. Stygian's eyes narrowed as they steadily followed the man into the crowd, knowing full well that a fight hadn't broken out because of his intimidating size. Three whole minutes of his life, wasted by some haggler. Fifteen gold coins for a high-quality goblin horn was atrociously low, even for a cheapskate.

With a soft snort, Stygian's empty hand moved to one of the satchels around his waist and opened it, only for the other hand to slip the horn inside and tie it shut. He shifted his gaze to one of his personal customers, whom of which expectantly shuffled towards him. A gnome of considerably short stature, Stygian's height forced him to slowly kneel down. As he did so, he reached over to his side and undid a leather latch on one of his satchels, and then pulled out a large glass container that within it, housed some kind of blue-looking monster stomach.

"Here are your imp guts, Rowan." Said Stygian as he carefully handed off the large glass container to the Gnome. The glass jar was about half the size of him.

"Aye! Thank ye, Stygian!" Cheered the gnome as he took the glass, effortlessly holding it above his head. The gnome's spare hand reached over to a satchel, which was also comically large compared to his height, and handed it over to Stygian. "An' here's yer gold! 30 coins. I'll see ye in Opal."

Stygian could tell just by holding the heavy satchel that it was full payment. The centaur smiled thankfully at the gnome before he rose to his feet. The gnome happily stumbled off, making an effort to avoid walking in the path of any humans or shady folk.

By chance, Stygian's gaze happened to land on the castle of Blossom; the Skull family's castle. He paused for a moment before he softly frowned to himself and pulled his eyes away from the structure to deal with flocking customers. How could a royal family let their city go to ruin like this? Do they even care? Do they even know how to run a city?

“Akiko honey, we’re here.”

"Eh? Huh? Wha?" The young girl muttered as she was roused from her sleep. When exactly had she fallen asleep? Last thing she remembered was the uncomfortably bumpy road and a never ending forest. Now it was smooth stone and buildings all around. Hold on, buildings? Scrambling to her knees Akiko pressed her palms to the carriage window and stared out at the castle city that passed by. "Woah... There's so many people!"

Her mother in the seated across from her chuckled. "Do you like it?" Maya asked softly.

"Um... Yeah!" Akiko replied, quivering in excitement. She had never seen so many buildings and people at the same time. For a country girl like her this was a dream come true.

"Good, because hopefully we'll be here a long time."

"Mom! Mom! There's a centaur! And a gnome! Out in the open!" Akiko gasped. Maya joined her at the window and sure enough there they were passing bags and bottles between them.

“So there is. How progressive.” She noted as they passed by. Out in the country side one would never see such an exchange out in the open. It warmed Maya’s heart to see such progress towards equality. Then a thought came to her. “Akiko, dear? Why don’t we walk the rest of the way? Really take in the sights?”

“Can we?” Akiko asked excitedly.

“Of course.” Her mother answered, giving the wall of the carriage three raps. The vehicle rolled to a stop and the pair climbed out.

Surgess decided to go alone today despite the dangers. Grabbing her gear and leaving the castle without a knight. She ran through the streets dodging people and pushing her way through crowds. She looks at the centar in amazement. All she knew was he was half horse. And that.... Was freaking cool to her. Though her view was blocked by some tall adult men who looked really mean. They grabbed her and she shrieked before they covered her mouth. The taller man snarled at the smaller "take her to the alley! And make sure no one sees you!" Her muffled screams were barely heard from the noise of the crowd. She tried to fight back but was too small. Being dragged to the alley way and tossed onto the ground. "Eep!" Tumbling upon hitting the stone ground. She stared up at the man terrified "s-stay away!!! Help!!!" He kicked her into the wall "AG!"

Akiko froze on the carriage step, eyes scanning the crowd. "Hey Mom? Did you hear that?" She asked.

"Yes." Maya answered, already locked onto the alleyway where two men were disappearing with a young girl. "Stay right here." She ordered, slipping into the crowd. A kidnapping? In broad daylight? She thought to herself as she brushed her way past people. The girl had been wearing some expensive looking clothes, so maybe the thugs had just snagged her on the spur of the moment. Then she turned the corner in time to see the girl get kicked into a wall. This wasn't a kidnapping! It was an assault! Maya snarled, a deep guttural sound covered up by the sounds of the busy street. "Guards!" she yelled out. It didn't matter if there were any to hear her call. She just wanted to scare the bastards away. And if they didn't do the smart thing and run? Well, things would get ugly.

The smaller man glanced at the women yelling for guards "what do we do boss?" The taller narrowed his eyes "no guards will hear her in this crowd just deal with the girl... I'll handle the lady... " the smaller nodded and kicked surgess again and she yelped. The taller was now holding a knife and walking towards Maya. In the background the smaller was relentlessly and constantly kicking her. Yelps escaping her as she couldn't defend herself. Blood was already starting to come out her mouth from the constant blows to the gut.

(( Is it too late to join you three? This is the first roleplay that I've seen that peaked my interest. ))

(( Is it too late to join you three? This is the first roleplay that I've seen that peaked my interest. ))
(Not at all! But please fill out a character sheet first... The link is above and if you can't find it I can send it to you in PM)

(( Hm, It doesn't seem to be there. Im very sorry for bothering you with this. ))

Vaith was knocking around the town. For reasons unknown to her, she had been informed that today she had a day off. It was a little bit suspicious but she didn't let it bother her as she wanted to enjoy the free time she had been given. It was still quite early when she left the castle. She began to think where to go, when suddenly she heard someone shouting. Intrigued, Vaith walked towards the place of origin of the noise to see what was going on there. It was rather childish but, truth to be told, she was secretly hoping to get into some sort of dust-up.

As she got closer, she gradually made the situation out. Her gaze settled on a girl who was getting kicked by one of the men. To Vaith's surprise she recognised the princess. She decided to step in. "Good morning gentlemen!" She spoke up as she shouldered her way through the crowd. "Care to explain what the heck you are doing?" All of the group members turned their heads towards the woman, looking rather shocked. "Nothing you should be interested in unless you wanna get hurt." Their boss spitted out.

"Let that lady and that kid go." She demanded, pulling out a knife.

Aegean was walking through the streets, muttering to himself angrily. He had lost a bet and lost almost all of his last missions earnings. Damn, He really wanted to kill something. But none of the people in the crowd had done anything, as far as he knew.

Aegean stopped walking for a second. He could have sworn he heard someone scream. And now that Aegean was actually paying attention, a faint smell of blood had mixed in with the air around the area. Aegean retraced his steps until he was standing about 10 feet from an alleyway. He didn't see it at first, but when his eyes landed on a girl getting beat up he frowned.

"Finally some scum worth killing." Aegean muttered. He didn't walk over to the scene though, he would wait to see how it played out, and determine a good course of action.

The smaller man glanced over at the now forming group "SHIT! People are starting to notice! Forget this I'm out of here!" The taller slammed him against the wall and held him there "ITS ONLY A FEW PEOPLE GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF! WE CAN HANDLE THEM NO PROBLEM!" the smaller narrowed his eyes "are you insane?! No way I'm facing off against a bunch of people! Get off me!" The taller pushed his arm against his neck "then just. Handle. The girl. I can handle everyone else got that?" The smaller was struggling to breath now so he nodded. "Good..." Surgess was trying to crawl away from the two. The smaller kicked her hard into a wall. "AG!"

Aegean's frown deepened. It was unnecessary torture, what they were acting on the girl. He pushed through the remaining strands of people and entered the alleyway, unsheathing his backsword. "This seems almost unfair. Two of us against one of you. But then again, beating a girl senseless when she can't defend herself isn't fair either, hm~?" Aegean's tone was rather mocking as he twirled his sword in his hand. "What is she to you two ladies anyway?" Aegean's tail flicked almost lazily, and he pretended to look at his nails. He was i na rather sour mood and wanted to get on some peoples nerves.

Vaith gripped her knife tighter, frowning at the man for visibly ignoring her demand. She was about to shout at him for not reacting to her words at all when sombody appeared next to her.

"To me?" She answered his question with a question. "Well... Let's say she's my boss' daughter. What's your bussiness here?" She eyed the stranger up and down. "And be quick 'cause as you can probably see I'm rather bussy so don't check your nails like that pretty boy." Vaith spit out. As much as she didn't want it to be this obvious, it could be clearly seen that she's annoyed by his attitude.

(( So sorry if my last post was confusing. I was really tired and didn't know half of what I was typing ))

"Look darling, I was talking to the assaulters. They don't make very good men. No offense to women though, since I doubt they would make good women either." Aegean said, before lowering his hand and fixing his gaze on the closest attacker to him. Aegean adjusted his grip on the sword.

"If that girl really is your boss' daughter, you should focus on her. I'll be just as contempt with getting rid of him." Aegean inclined his head towards the attacker with the knife, before slipping a dagger out of a pocket in his boot with his free hand and throwing it at the man.

The taller had pulled a large sword off his back and grinned using it to block the dagger that flew towards him. He ran straight towards them with an evil laughter and swung his blade at Aegean while kicking at vaith. Surgess was crying silently as she kept getting hit surely a bruise was going to form later. She finally managed to throw the smaller off his game by grabbing onto his foot and biting his leg. "AG YOU LITTLE!!" He slammed her against the wall trying to get her off his leg. She yelped but didn't let go. This was her only defence. And her only way of protecting herself.

Akiko had, of course, not listened to her mother and had followed Maya a little after things started to kick off. She poked her head around the corner of the building in time to see the taller thug rush the group. "Woah!" The young girl gasped, watching the action with sparkling eyes.

Maya meanwhile had pressed up flat against the wall the moment the fighting started. She waited for a bit then slowly started moving, creeping along while everyone was occupied. Once out of reach of the tall man's sword she quickly dashed towards the smaller one, reaching into her sleeve and tossing a handful of powder into his face. She then ducked down and grabbed the girl, quickly pulling her away while the man was distracted with the substance in his eyes. It was a sleeping drug, one that she had made at home. Not advised for clinical use as subjects had the tendency to lose their memories for several hours after application, but useful for self-defense. However Maya had never actually tested it before in a fight so she wasn't sure how quickly it would take effect. Theoretically it would only take a few seconds, but to be safe she put herself between the girl and her assailant and braced for a blow that might or might not be coming.

Vaith dodged the blow and pulled out a little. Although the man didn't seem to be a professional, she knew that a knife couldn't compare with a longsword. Taking avail on the fact that Aegean was keeping him rather occupied, she tried to get past them and focus on the other one. He ignored what was going on around him as he was clearly busy with slamming Surgess against the wall. "Poor thing." Vaith thought, looking at the girl. "So sorry to interrupt but I need you to let that kid be." The woman put her weapon to his chest.

Aegean blocked the blow with his backsword, grimacing at the force behind the other man's blow. Aegean quickly rearranged his footing to provide more stability to his blade. "Now, I do hope you'll answer my question from before, I don't want too much blood to be spilled when I'm not getting paid for it. What do you want with the girl?" Aegean stared into the other mans eyes. "Because I can't possibly see whats so interesting about beating up a defenseless girl. At least give her a dagger for heavens sake. Then she could at least have tried to fight back."

The taller laughed "you fools. SHES THE PRINCESS! With her we can get away with so much!" The smaller screamed and rubbed his eyes before falling over. Surgess glanced at the women holding her with blurry vision. The taller began attacking again.

Maya let out a sigh of relief as the smaller man fell over, glad she didn’t have to take a hit. Then the taller man announced that the girl was the princess and Maya’s eyes went wide. Kidnapping and assaulting royalty? These thugs were either very brave or very stupid.

She turned to the woman that had come over. “You should probably help with the fight.” She suggested, motioning to the battle. “I’ll tend to the little lady.”

Noticing the child looking at her Maya gave her a gentle smile. “That man wasn’t very nice was he, sweetie?” Taking the princess in her arms she picked her up and started walking towards the the main road. “Now honey, I need you to hold on to me. Can you do that for me?” She asked before trying to squeeze past the fighting on the left side.

"Yeah." Vaith replied. She squatted and cut the unconscious man's Achilles tendons. That way even if he had woken up, he couldn't attack them nor escape. When she stood up, she took a look at the taller man and Aegean. The thug's had become evidently slower. Vaith tried to quickly assess the situation. She wasn't sure if she'd make herself useful or cramp Aegean's style if she'd join the fight. She was about to ask him when she noticed Maya walking away with the girl. "Where are you taking her?"

Surgess clinged to maya she was in pain so her grip wasn't very strong. The taller decided it was too late and time to ditch the plan. He ran off leaving his partner the smaller behind. Surgess moved slightly and a crack sound could be heard from her chest. Though no object was there to make the sound. She had cracked a rib from one of the kicks she's taken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back