• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern 𝖇𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉𝖞 𝖛𝖆𝖑𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖊 (open)

lvcid

Elder Member

you'll be my

trigger warning.

This is a murder mystery/horror-themed roleplay, so if dark and gory themes are triggering for you, applying to this may not be the best idea.

the backstory.

Twin Pines Prep Academy's Valentine's dance seemed the least likely scene for a murder, but some people have a certain flair for the ironic.

The newest hits of 1986 blasted through the gym's speakers, its inhabitants all a blur of bright colors and big hair. The walls were decked out in obnoxious shades of reds and pinks, but soon, the paper hearts weren't going to be the room's only red decorations.

Tara White was awarded that year's Cupid Queen--some dumb title invented especially for the event to ensure that the school's royalty maintained some feeling of superiority and validation from their peers--but no sooner had the sash been laid across her shoulder, crown glittering in the spotlight, did the room fall into complete darkness. A shriek filled the suddenly still air, and when Principal Myers at last flipped the breaker back on, Tara was flat on her back in a puddle of her own blood, an arrow driven through her chest. Over the speakers, a song began to play: Cupid by Sam Cooke--

Cupid, please hear my cry
And let your arrow fly
Straight to my lover's heart for me
Now, I don't mean to bother you, but I'm in distress
There's danger of me losing all of my happiness
For I love a girl who doesn't know I exist
And this you can fix

With the doors locked tight, it was ensured that whoever committed the crime didn't get far, but it also opened the possibility for them to strike again because one thing was clear: they wouldn't show any mercy.

bloody

the plot.

Someone has blood on their hands, but who?

With a killer on the loose and a room full of high school stereotypes, the Valentine's dance has turned into something straight out of a horror film. What should've been a night of reverie driven by the snuck-in bottle of tequila the jocks had been passing around is now a game of survival, leaving everyone to wonder if there's going to be a "next," and if so, who will it be?

If anything can be learned from horror movies, it's that no one is safe.

guidelines.

one.
This is going to be fairly fast-paced, as it takes place over the course of one night, so please only apply to this if you're going to be able to help keep the plot moving (ie. long posts, regularly active, etc).

two.
Discord is a must! We'll do all of our plotting and scheming there c; Once, I've chosen the final cast for this, I'll send the selected members the discord link.

three.
Please only use real face claims! I know it's a small thing, but it helps make the vibe and overall ~aesthetic~ semi-cohesive.

four.
This isn't going to be first-come, first-served, so if you see an application already up for a character you want, feel free to go ahead and submit one of your own!

five.
Obviously, there's going to be plenty of drama in this roleplay as secrets are aired in the struggle of trying to find the killer, but let's keep the drama to IC only. I simply do not have the time or patience for dealing with it OOC-

six
For now, I'm going to keep the character limit to one, but depending on how much interest this gains, that could be subject to change.

seven.
Character sheets don't necessarily have to be pretty, but it's always a plus as they help keep things organized and easy to read c:

eight
I think that's about it?? If you guys have any more questions, feel free to ask, and I will do my best to answer them!

valentine

the roles.

golden girl
The perfect example of a girl-next-door type, she's known for her upstanding morals and innocence. All too worried about her grades and doing the right thing in her parents' eyes, she has a reputation for being somewhat of a prude, but perhaps there's more to her than what's at surface-level.

jock
Mr. Popular by every definition of the term. Though he's more brawn and beauty than brain, he's generally well-liked by most of his peers--charming and outgoing, what's not to like? Then again, he can be a bit of a jerk sometimes, and his good looks and brute strength will only get him so far before he realizes he might not be cut out for life outside of the football field.

slut
Whether you hate her or love her, you definitely know of her. Her reputation precedes her everywhere she goes, but she doesn't mind--she thrives off of the attention. She's the antithesis of the golden girl: all loose morals and good times. She has a nasty habit of looking out for her own needs first and foremost, but who knows? Maybe that'll come in handy one day.

nerd
For some reason, they seem to know all too much about all of this horror movie stuff. From knowing how a killer thinks to setting the perfect trap, there's not much that goes over their head.. except for maybe social cues. They spend most of their nights and plenty of weekends with their nose in a book, so the scariest thing they'll face tonight is small talk.

outcast
They keep to themselves for the most part, lurking in dark corners and observing the masses. They have a certain dislike for the constructs of society and aren't shy about showing it. They're the perfect suspect in a murder like this, but the answer is rarely that obvious, is it?

expendables
These are the overflow characters that don't fit the roles above, though that doesn't make them any less of a target. Goths and stoners, cheerleaders and punks--they're all susceptible to tonight's events.. perhaps even more so because this story isn't about them.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

i'm interested in the golden girl! this plot looks amazing so far (◠‿◠✿)

Making the joke because I can.

This is a rated R Scooby gang lol. There is even a theme here!

Dipping my toes. It’s late where I am so I’m unsure about being in. If not all spots are filled, I’ll pop in, I guess.

Oh I would like to mention that if I do choose to jump in this, I think I’ll aim for the jock mainly. Nerd or outcast ain’t vibing with me as much rn

👀 Okay but if you still need people, lemme know because I desperately want a horror roleplay.

this looks super cool! would love to be in the loop

Users who are viewing this thread

Back