• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Bloody Ballroom (Quellys)

Kakyoin

Official Nugget tester
Riko was upstairs, inside of her room with one of her maids. She sat there in her underwear, doing her makeup as her maid was searching for a dress she could wear. Riko loved feeling like the most beautiful woman in the whole ballroom, which she normally was. It wasn’t a very hard competition, even with all the people she had invited there. She could hear the party already going on. Even though it was her party, she loved to be fashionable late so everyone would look at her when she comes in. She turned her head to face her maid as she brought her over a silky, red dress.
Riko got up from her seat and had her maid assist her with putting her dress on, holding her hair up as she zipped her up. She looked at herself in the mirror, smirking to herself. The dress was well fitted and she loved it. Being able to show off all her curves. “Brilliant. Grab the shoes and gloves for me, thank you.” Riko sat herself back down, brushing her hair softly while she hummed to herself. She turned her seat when the maid came back, sticking out her feet for her to put the heels on. She watched as the maid slipped the black heels onto her feet, lacing them up. “Thank you, dear. You may take the rest of the night off.” She smiled and grabbed her lace, red gloves.
Riko stood up and walked out of her room, heading downstairs, into the ballroom. It felt as if everyone stopped to stare at her, a few people coming to greet her.

How had Sybil found herself at this party? She remembered getting the invitation and thinking it strange, and she'd even considered not going. She had deadlines to meet after all and a shoot that would eat her alive if she arrived looking tired and puffy. Everything about Sybil's life was either metered out to a schedule or so busy that she rarely had time to think for herself, let alone find enjoyment. So when that black box showed up on her doorstep, she found herself stuck with such an intense curiosity that she needed to satisfy it before it ate her alive. Within the box was a black gown that clung to her frame as it were a second skin, that was until the hem of the dress met her mid-thigh before spilling out like a proper ball gown. She felt a bit like a princess as the bodice came up to lift her breasts delicately and swept back to expose her bareback, lowering down to rest just at her lower back. Connecting the back of the gown was a slim golden chain that would sparkle when caught in the light. An intricately woven black mask across the upper half of her face with delicate golden filagree dancing under the eyes and sprouting into small feathers at either side. It was a rather sophisticated and mature look, not something she would usually wear.

As she made her way into the ballroom, Sybil found herself drawn to the side of the room, wishing to blend in among the masses as she carefully searched for a drink of some kind, perhaps something to ease her nerves.

Riko smiled as folks came running up to her. She held her mask in her hands, not really seeing a reason to wear it since everyone knew what she looked like anyway. Who cares? Everyone else was wearing theirs. Riko slid on her mask, which was black with long bunny ears sticking up. She tied the ribbon behind her head before quickly fixing her hair as people start to spit nonsense at her. She just kept smiling before slowly pushing her way through them, “Give me one moment, please. I’ll talk to each and every one of you tonight, I would just like to get a drink and check up on a old friend really quickly.” Riko knew she was lying, but it was okay because it’s not like it mattered anyway. They’d all be dead within thirty minutes or so. She walked over to the table with all the food and drinks spread out on it.

Though she didn’t have to eat, she still enjoyed the taste of food. Wasn’t better than blood, but hey. Riko grabbed a sugar cookie, shoving the whole thing into her mouth. She glanced over at a woman, who wasn’t too far from her and wasn’t bad looking at all. She grabbed two wine glasses before making her way over to her. “Doesn’t seem like you’re enjoying the party.” She said in a very sweet voice as she stuck out one of the glasses. She could tell she was a human by the way she smelled, but it was much sweeter.

"I'm enjoying myself, I think...but I'm still trying to figure out why I'm even here." Sybil hadn't thought before she spoke. They bubbled up without warning and flew in a relaxed tone. "It would have been rude to ignore such a lovely gift, though." A naked hand with perfectly manicured nails danced over the skin-tight fabric. It truly suited the carmine-haired stranger. Sybil had tried to tame it with a bit of ribbon but still is looking unkempt in an on-purpose sort of way. Her makeup was subtle, just the faintest touches of color to her lips. Reaching out, she would take the offered wine glass, lifting it to her lips without a thought. "Bless you for a mindreader...I was about to get one of these for myself."

Realizing that perhaps she was a bit rude, Sybil spun around, so she was facing Riko. "My name is Sybil, by the way; it's nice to meet you."

“Well, whoever sent you that dress obviously has an amazing sense of style. Everyone here is dressed beautifully…. Or handsomely, I guess.” Riko looked up and down at Sybil, appreciating the outfit she had picked out for her. She had done research on everyone she had invited, making sure they had no issues and that they had well fitting clothing. Nobody wanted to eat something that looked disgusting or messy. Riko was paid quite a bit of money for throwing these parties, they were expensive, but worth it. The real hassle was the cleaning up afterwards. “I’ve always been told that it seems like I could read people.” She smirked before taking a sip of her drink.

Riko stuck out her hand before Sybil to shake, looking down at her. “I’m Riko, it’s very nice to meet you. Hopefully your night gets better from here.” She suddenly felt someone tapping on her shoulder, then whispering in her ear. “Well, I’ll be seeing you around, sweetheart. I have business I have to attend to.” She shook her hand before turning away from her and following someone out of the ballroom.

Sybil was tempted to do a little spin, but she was not the most stable on the shoes that had come with the dress. It was nice to hear an honest compliment and not something meant to pull a smile from her practiced mask. Sybil had no idea, of course, that she was being dressed up like a prized pig for slaughter, no she still got to enjoy ignorance for the moment. When Riko stepped closer and offered a hand, Sybil was polite enough to take it firmly but careful not to squeeze too harshly. "A pleasure to meet you Riko, I won't keep you from your work." Sybil had to imagine that Riko was the hostess. She seemed so popular. Left to her devices and no witnesses, Sybil made short work of her drink as she started to wander around the ballroom. With her nerves eased by the drink, a spark of new curiosity gave birth to a spark of exploration. She was curious about the rest of the venue, so when a servant disappeared through a door, Sybil couldn't help but follow shortly thereafter.

What was the worst that could happen?

Riko took off her mask and rolled her eyes, “Of course you pull me away right before the good part. I picked out my meal and everything, now someone else is gonna take it.” She mumbled to herself as she followed the man to her office. “Tell the guards to close and lock the doors, they should know how to do it by now.” The man nodded before pulling out his walkie talkie to do as she had ask. Riko walked into her office before freezing when she sees who’s sitting at her desk, “F-father! It’s so wonderful to see you!” She forced a smile before plopping herself down in her seat to have a discussion with him about business. Not to long after, blood curdling screams could be heard coming from down the hall. That’s when she got a call. “Let me take this really quickly.”

Riko picked up in phone, “Hellooooo~” She sang before freezing up when someone told her that one of the guests were missing from the ballroom. “Are you one hundred percent positive? You made double sure?” She pinched the bridge of her nose with a sigh, “Send some to look outside, and a couple to check around the house just in case. I’ll also be looking.” She quickly hung up before they could respond to her. She slowly turned to her father, “Wonderful conversation!” Riko clapped her hands together, “Sadly I have to cut it short. They need my assistance in the ballroom. You know how it is.” She giggled as she pointed outside of the room before slowly backing up. Once she was out of the room, a shiver went down her spine and she started to walk around. She took a whiff of the air, trying to find her scent.

The dark hallways proved to be more mazelike than Sybil had anticipated, and she soon found herself quite lost. Her lower lip was caught between her teeth as she cursed her luck. If she was trying to prove she'd been a mistake in being invited, she was well on her way. It was then that a sound sent a shiver down her spine, making her blood run cold. A scream ripped through the halls, and Sybil was sure that the devil himself was on her heels as she flung herself into a corner, a door swinging open in the distance with just enough light to reveal the horrors of what was happening in the ballroom. Sybil lifted a hand to cover her own mouth, to stifle any sound as she saw the gore and viscera that now decorated the fine floors of the manor.

Fear held Sybil to her place for a moment longer than she would have liked, hearing the sound of more footfalls nearby. Reaching down, she undid the straps on the stiletto heels and started to run barefoot down the hall, looking for an exit.

Riko slowly walked around, the sounds of her heals clicking could be heard. She looked around, trying to find any signs of who could’ve left, thinking about it for a moment. Not many people had sat there, alone, at any of the parties she had thrown. Nobody has ever tried to leave early either. Then she remembered the girl she had spoken to earlier that night before she was pulled away. Riko smirked to herself, her meal saved herself for this moment. She felt butterflies in her stomach when she realized it was her. She stopped walking, closing her eyes and focusing. She took a deep breath, listening closely. She couldn’t hear clicking sound. That meant she was either hiding somewhere, not moving or she took them off. Smart girl.

Riko sighed as she opened her eyes again, taking off her heels as well. Tossing them to the side before starting to search for her once more. Her bare feet on the cold floor. Riko started to whistle softly as she looked, making sure to check under places where she thought she might’ve hidden. “It’s better to have me find you instead of someone else.” She warned.

Sybil felt like a fox being hounded through the woods. Her heart was pounding in her ears and sounded like the distance rumble of thunder. She looked around in a dead panic, trying to find any place that might be better suited for hiding as she saw an open door and scrambled inside, leaving the door as she found it. The room was dark as Sybil groped with her hands until she found what had to be a bed and knelt to the ground to shuffle underneath. She tried to calm her breath, closing her eyes tight against the darkness as she hoped to go unnoticed. As the silence started to settle, she could hear the whistling on the wind, and worse of all...the screams were starting to grow less and less frequent.

She heard Riko's voice next, making a faint squeak pass her lips as she dared to open her eyes and see if she was still alone.

Riko followed her scent, which just got stronger and stronger the closer she got. It was so sweet, she could just imagine the taste of her blood. She looked over at an opened door before levitating so she wouldn’t be seen. She floated into the room, her hair glowing ever so faintly. The smell was so strong in here. That when she heard it. A squeak coming from under the bed. Riko carefully floated right above the bed, waiting with excitement. It was much easier to wait for her cute little pray to come out so she could just knock her out. She didn’t have anything to knock her out in the kindest way possible, so she would just have to do it the old fashioned way. Balling her hand into a fist, feeling a bit bad for her. Poor baby’s heart was pounding in her chest, but anyone else would’ve killed and ate her right there. She wouldn’t hit her too hard, just hard enough to knock her out for awhile.

When the footsteps didn't enter the room, Sybil relaxed a little. Carefully Sybil would roll onto her belly and slowly let herself crawl back into the room. It was still so dark that she couldn't see a thing, save for a faint glow. Her heart began to pound again as Sybil suddenly felt as though she was in a great amount of peril. "Please...I won't tell anyone." The words came out barely above a whisper, it seemed that Sybil was truly hoping she was alone and that she was speaking to no one.

Just as she expected, she came sliding out not too long after. “I’m sorry.” She whispered before quickly her just hard enough to make her pass out. She grabbed her right before she hit the floor. Riko carefully lifted her up and placed her over her shoulder, getting her phone out to make a call. “You can tell them to stop looking. I found them. Get the guest bedroom ready for me and bring handcuffs. Thank you.” She hung up, adjusting Sybil to make sure she doesn’t fall off and hurt herself. She walked out of the room they were in, making her way over to the stairs. One of her servants came running to her to offer her help. “No, no. I got it.” Riko made her way upstairs, watching for where she was going. She walked into the guest room, one of her men already there with what she had requested.

Riko carefully placed Sybil down on the bed, moving the hair away from her face. She lifted one of her hands up, handcuffing her to the bed. She wanted fo change her clothes into something more comfortable, but she didn’t want to make her uncomfortable with the fact that someone had changed her while she wasn’t awake. She pulled the cover over her body, and sent her servant away. Riko walked into the bathroom, wetting up a towel. She walked back and carefully placed it on her forehead. “I hope you’re not in too much pain when you wake up. I kind of had to hit you, there’s still people trying to enjoy their meal downstairs. It would’ve been harder to protect you if you’re screaming and running away…. You probably can’t hear me anyway, but sleep well.” Riko walked out to see the guests out, making sure that the door was locked. She left someone outside to make sure that nobody would try to come in while she was away.

The strike came as a shock, stunning Sybil at first as the world took a tumble along with her body. In the fleeting moments after the strike, Sybil saw flashes of her surroundings change and felt caught in a pair of arms. It almost seemed cruel that the stranger was gentle, considering what Sybil had seen in the ballroom. Her heart was no longer racing, and slowly it reached an eased pace as unconsciousness finally took Sybil down. She looked peaceful upon the bed. Except for the handcuffs, she looked like a proper guest trying to rest. Riko's words floated around Sybil, just at the edge of her waking mind. It made her wonder if she'd been rescued and that when she woke up, this would all be a bad dream.

Sybil began to stir a little later, unaware of how much or how little time had passed. She groaned as she tried to reach for the spot she was hit, but her hand couldn't make it. Verdant green eyes open to look around the room, and in the dim light, she spied the glint of metal around her wrist. Panic began to set in; it hadn't been a dream, and she was handcuffed to a bed in a house where she had not been a guest at all but an item on the menu. The sentry could hear the poor girl's fits from outside the door, but there was little to be done until the mistress returned.

Riko has went to check on Sybil a few times during the night. The whole not needing to sleep was pretty useful during certain situations. She had made sure the blinds were closed, so the sunlight didn’t hurt her eyes whenever she woke up. She stopped coming around at about 5 AM because it seemed like she wasn’t going to wake up anytime soon. Riko spent some time in her library, looking for the correct spell book. Running her fingers across the books as she searched, “There you are.” She smiled to herself before grabbing it and walking over to the complete opposite side of her library. She pulled on a book, opening a secret door.

Riko walked down the steps, the door closing behind her. She sat the book down on a table before flipping it open, biting her lip as she flipped through the pages. She stopped, pointing to what she needed. She stepped away from the table, grabbing a couple of bottles that had strange liquids inside. Riko popped the cap off of one, sniffing it before her nose scrunched up. “Why did I feel the need to do that?” She mumbled before pouring some into an empty vial, trying to do the mixture as quickly as she could. Riko shoved a cork into it, giving it a little shake before leaving the room. She still had on her dress from the night before, she forgot to change when she had time. Everything seemed quiet for now, so she decided to jog to her room to quickly change into something comfortable.

Riko held onto the vial as she jogged up the stairs, nodding at the guard who was standing at the guest bedroom. She swung her bedroom door opened, sitting whatever she had in her hand down on her nightstand before heading over to her closet. She stripped down, kicking her dress over to the side. She shifted through the clothes, grabbing a pair of sweatpants and a cropped top. Riko slipped on her black, baggy sweatpants before putting on her cropped top. She had on a white shirt with skeleton wearing a witches hat and holding a pumpkin. She slammed the door shut once she was done, grabbing the vial and her cellphone, slipping them into her pocket.

Riko went downstairs and started to make breakfast. A little while later, her phone was ringing. She picked up her phone, putting it on speaker so she could continue doing what she was doing. “Hello?” She sang as she cut up strawberries. ‘She’s awake, do you want someone to sit in there with her?” She sat down the knife, “No… No, I’ll be up shortly.” She hung up the call and placed everything onto a tray before making her way up the stairs. The guard opened the door for her, closing it once she had entered. “Good morning.” She smiled at Sybil before setting the tray at the nightstand within arms reach. There was a plate of chocolate chip waffle, scrambled eggs and sliced up strawberries. She put a bit of whipped cream on top of the waffles to make it look extra special. “Sorry about that punch last night. You were running around like a chicken with its head cut off, and I couldn’t have that. It’s a pretty dangerous place to be around during the ball. I kind of had to hit to, only way I knew you’d come with me.” Riko walked open to the blinds, opening it a bit so the sunlight would come in. “I thought you might not be feeling well, so I made you this for any pains.” She pulled the vial out of her pocket and offered it to her. The liquid inside was a weird bluish color, seeming to bubble. “I know you have a million questions or might want to yell at me, go ahead. Not too many people will hear that, nobody outside this household at least. Might as well let your feelings out now.”

Despite her attempts in the middle of the night to get loose from her handcuffs, exhaustion, and panic finally pulled Sybil down for a decent night’s rest. Her dreams quickly turned to nightmares as flashes of the night played through her mind. Why had Sibyl been spared? Why was she chained to the bed? Her mind raced and lunged for answers that her dreams could not answer. When she finally did wake up, Sybil realized that she wasn’t alone. Green eyes settled upon Riko. Listening to Riko speak as if all this was normal and like she’d had the conversation many times before. At the offering of something to help with the pain, Sybil was quick to shake her head.

“Please, just give me a moment to think….”

Sybil groaned as she blinked against the little bit of sunlight until her eyes adjusted.

“Let’s start with what I think happened. Myself and some of the other guests were never meant to leave or likely live to see the morning, so why am I alive?” It was a simple question, with another soon to follow. “What happens to me now? I don’t imagine people just get to go back to their lives.”

Riko slightly shrugged before setting down the vial by the food she had made for her. She listened to her question as she pulled out a chair, dragging it closer to the bed to have a conversation with her. She sat herself down, crossing her legs and leaned a bit closer to her. “You see, this is kind of a long story, but I’ll cut it very short. I’m in a family business. I mean, everything I do seems to disappoint my father. The only thing, and I mean it, the only thing that has ever made him slightly proud of me is when I decided to take over the business for him. Well, he’s technically my boss, but that’s a whole other conversation.” She stopped to think for a moment, no human even knew about beings like them. They hid very well, making sure to get rid of any traces. “You see, my job is to keep our customers happy and full, for the most part. I throw what some would call feeding parties, for the people like me. I can only throw them so often, I can’t let anyone know about us and what we do. I researched everyone I have brought here, basically erasing them and making sure they fit what my customers have told me they wanted.” She felt as if she was just rambling on from this point, shaking her head and stopping herself. Riko never had a human staying here or had to explain to one.

Riko paused for a bit, placing her head in her hands. If she got caught, she would be in so much trouble. “Nobody has ever left the party, ever. Well, not alive and certainly not during. I didn’t know what to do, I panicked! I’m human.” She laughed at what she said about being human. “At least the same emotions as a human would have. Now, I either had to kill you right there or dragged you back, but for some dumb reason…. I couldn’t?” Riko let out a sigh, getting frustrated with herself. “I can’t just let you go, many people here already caught your scent. Not only that, but I would be in so much trouble for even letting you live. You see my problem?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back