• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Bloody Augustine (Verdant Military School) (Closed)

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/bloody-augustine-verdant-military-school.529806/#post-11698532

SomebodyElse

Caught in a storm
l3qtnz46qd381.jpg

beyond.jpg

I've been over these rooftops since forever. Jumping from roof to roof. Sometimes I would run after stealing food even though I never needed it. Not that the guards could ever do too much, our family was of too high status for me to ever get into any real trouble but my mother would scold me for hours whenever I stole anything. It's crazy to think that I would end up as a Soldier.

Vastra, the high city. Vastra is one of the cities within Ardonia, the Empire. The World is called Aeternia. For as long as anyone can remember, the continent of Ardonia has been attacked by monsters and demons from outside the cities periodically. They come and leave the civilization almost destroyed and then simply leave, never fully destroying Ardonia, simply leaving it half dead. It's been over fifty years since the last attack. Normally monsters all roam the world outside civilization however more powerful ones appear during the "attacks". They usually don't enter civilization however every once in a while you may hear about a small attack here or there but during the big attacks the cities are overrun with monsters, demons and other beasts. Most people within the world of Aeternia possess magical capabilities. The amount of magic one has is calculated at birth and their attunement to different magics is also calculated. A long time ago magic users would be responsible for protecting the world from these bigger attacks however that had proved to be ineffective.

Because of this, military academies have formed throughout Ardonia to train people to fight creatures of all kinds. Nobody signs up, a select number of people are chosen by the Goddess Atrea by marking them with the symbol of the goddess somewhere on their body.
Soldiers come by every year to see who has been marked, some have tried to hide the marking but none succeed.

It is the 45th year of the reign of Septimus Nero Augustine, the current emperor of Ardonia. Under his reign and his father's reign the world has been able to hold off the bigger attacks on Ardonia, especially as the newest military academy of Verdant Military School was formed under his rule.

Verdant Military Academy is the only military academy in Vastra, it was the result of a reformation of a previous failed academy due to a realization of bad philosophy.
Verdant Military Academy focuses now on creating only the most elite soldiers through extreme training and competition. You were marked by the symbol of the goddess, whatever social standing or however magic attunement you possessed you were taken and enrolled in Verdant Military Academy. Your training as a soldier and living in barracks has begun.

Magic Attunement

Within Aeternia there is various types of magic.

Elemental, Celestial, Mind, and Body.

Elemental usually involves the use of manipulating forces of nature or elements like fire, water, wind and earth.
Celestial usually involves the use of creating effects or curses on objects or people and also manipulating energies or lifeforces
Mind involves the use of Mental Abilities, Constructs, Illusions, Manipulating Fundamental Forces like Gravity or Kinetic Energy and Protective Charms
Body involves the change of the user's physical form and physical attributes, it involves shapeshifting, mutation, genetic alteration and increasing physical attributes.

At birth everyone's attunement for the four types of magic is calculated, one may have a mixture of all four or focus more intensely on one or two types. The more focused on one type of magic the more powerful they are with that specific magic. Some are born with little or no attunement and it usually leads to lower statuses or embarrassment of being born as powerless.
Every once in a while someone of high status will be born with little or no attunement although it usually is rare. generally, the noble families have higher amounts of attunement but it isn't uncommon for lower status people to have high attunement.

Verdant Academy
80768655-288-k640969.jpg

What can be said of Verdant Military Academy is that everyone in the school is eventually given nicknames and will be called upon in the future to help out with major attacks. Almost everyone who graduates Verdant Military Academy will live a life of success in any profession they choose after graduating. Their education at Verdant will however be primarily focused on magic, magic knowledge, world knowledge and combat. To attend Verdant is to be a Soldier.

Each person within Verdant will receive an allowance based on their performance within their academics and combat performance. Everyone in Verdant is ranked. The rankings proceed as S, A, B, C, D, and F. Students who recieve a ranking of F recieve no allowance and severely decreased privileges, the higher the ranking, the higher the allowance and privileges.

Rules:
Okay I have plans of having there be some twists as to the reason the monsters and demons attack as well as the school eventually be attacked and shut down and having our characters being forced to venture out into the world. There are some plots I have planned for the Emperor and the School's Headmaster as well as major villains that will appear that are sided with the monsters. I will continue to reveal more lore and world build more as the RP progresses.

Our characters will be aged 18-22. You are free to build plots and relationships. Feel free to ask questions. I plan to have a group of no more than 10 people and would much appreciate a Co-GM but it isn't necessary for me to run the RP.

For the first Act of the RP it will revolve around characters doing competitions, training exercises, combat and classes, as well as hanging out around the school and the city of Vastra during their free time.

The RP will have an anime aesthetic and involve anime face claims and scenes.

RP Participants:
1. Tortuga Beluga Tortuga Beluga
2. Lily_G Lily_G
3. Crimson Baron Crimson Baron
5. Reanimator Buns Reanimator Buns
6. racoon racoon
7. RoninN7 RoninN7
8. Noct Noct
9. candygore candygore
10. EtherealShadows EtherealShadows
11. Archie Archie

Last edited:
Quick question, are we limited to 1 character per person or we can do more? Also I have a pretty busy upcoming week, but once I'm free and other characters are interesting enough I might join this!

Quick question, are we limited to 1 character per person or we can do more? Also I have a pretty busy upcoming week, but once I'm free and other characters are interesting enough I might join this!
You can make more than one.I don’t have a limit currently.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back