• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Bloodlines

Benton nodded to Mena, “Hello Mena, How are you feeling?” Benton asked putting his hands into his pockets and looking around the area, “ I trust everything is alright with the property?”
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Mena nods, smiling. “As much as I was able to tell. My range isn’t great in this area yet, it’ll take a lot of work if I want to be able to monitor the entire territory.” She says calmly. “The land is starting to trust me, which is nice, but green magic hasn’t been here in a long time. It’ll take a bit to regain my strength.”
St. Boethius St. Boethius

Benton nodded, “The bodies buried here, while left in tact on request were bathed in my magic. It’s not a surprise that it’s seeped into the land. Not to mention the magic circle I have maintained on the grounds... That’s not really why I came out here. What can you tell me about Khora?”
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Mena looks surprised at the question. “What about her do you want to know? It’s been fifty eight years of us being separated, so there might be things I don’t know.” The old woman replies. “All of the memory I have is when she was twelve or younger.” She adds.

Benton nodded, “ That’s what I was curious about. What lead her to be sold as a slave to the Lantons, and how did you let your child face such a hell for 58 years?” Benton asked with a steel in his voice and an icy gaze.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Mena closes her eyes. “Ah.” She says softly. She does her best to hide the pain, but with their minds connected, that really isn’t an option. “She… she was born as part of a program. Some houses do that, try to find… valuable stock among the human population. I was in my twenties. Not much I could do about it when they…”

She grits her teeth. “Anyway. While they let me have her, and raise her, legally speaking she was her father’s property. They guarded us constantly. So many of them were around all the time. I couldn’t get away. I did my best to hide how strong she was becoming. Green magic and a nosferatu bloodline is a very interesting mix, apparently.”

“One day, one of them got too close to me. Started getting ideas, and… Korrie attacked. A twelve year old child nearly killed an adult vampire. A Kentaya, no less. One of Lanton’s diplomats here to browse the wares.”

Mena clenches her fists, her magic starting to act up, affecting the grass around her by making it grow longer, and thorns starting to develop. “I was too weak then. They took my little girl…” the memory is too much for her. Kora suffered for nearly sixty years, because while Mena is strong, she’s nowhere near as strong as Benton. She can’t take down the Lantons, and she couldn’t save her daughter.

Benton got into Mena’s face, “ All that power at your call and you did nothing! For all those years you sat on your ass and did nothing while she suffered!?” Benton shouted, his own magic killing off the grass. If Mena pushed the mental link, as weak as Benton’s mental barriers were at the moment she would see the root cause of Benton’s aggression. The loss of his family at the hands of Union soldiers. Benton lying on the floor of his home in a pool of his own blood, dark power surging through his body bringing him back, but there wasn’t anything he could do to stop the scene before him. His wife brutally raped and killed and his daughter stolen away into the night. It was a moment Benton relived every day, never able to move forward. It wasn’t Mena he was angry at. It was himself. His own weakness, and it lead him to stockpile power like America did in the Cold War. Only difference is with the new blood in his household he was feeling vulnerable. What if he failed once again?
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Mena snarls, a low, bestial sound, and is about to retaliate, before realizing the cause of his anger. “I tried. Every day, I tried to grow stronger, to find a new way. I found my territory, and developed it so they would never be safe there. I wanted her to be safe once I brought her back.”

“I launched a few attacks on smaller houses, trying to figure out what would kill the most quickly, and the most efficiently. But by the time I thought I might finally have the strength, my forest was all that kept me alive. Outside of my territory, I was frail. Weak. The best I could do was infect those that passed through with whatever new thing I was trying, hoping it would cut down their strength enough for me to save her. I would not let Lanton change me. I wouldn’t do that to Korrie.”

She is trying so, so hard to keep her cool. The clash of magic is making her want to flee, or attack, and she must keep it from controlling her now. Escalating the situation is the worst option possible right now.

Benton pushed back aggression with aggression and fire with fire. His hands still in his pockets Benton was about to snap at Mena but held himself back, taking a few steps away. “ I should remember exactly how long it’s taken me to get to this point. By the time I had allowed myself to be seen I already had the power to bring Lanton down, but I didn’t. I waited, engratiated myself with them and gained more power. Well... enough is enough. I think we’ve both waited long enough. Soon, Lanton will be under my thumb and this continent will be next!”
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Mena sighs with relief, letting the power that had been building up inside her return to the land, harmlessly dispelling it. “I’ll do everything in my power to help with that goal.” She says softly, her green eyes hard as she looks at the ground. “He will pay dearly for so much as looking at my daughter.” The white hot rage of a mother’s retribution for her child is burning through her mind. She’s thought up so many fantasies of when Lanton finally falls at her feet… so many options on what to make him suffer.

Benton sighed and looked to the sky, taking a moment to calm himself, “ Keep up the good work. Keep building your power. Tomorrow Lanton’s house of cards crumbles and I’ll have a new vampire to bury on this land.” Benton left Mena and started back to his home. As he walked he checked in with Kora. Asking for a report of his distant relatives.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Mena nods, and goes back to what she was doing, sitting cross legged on the ground.

Kora looks up when she hears his call, and smiles. Ah, hello. I think I’ve almost found them. The scent got muddled after a bit, but the rats know. It’s just a matter of keeping them on task.

She’s already holding a large, black rat in her hands, making small chittering sounds to speak to it. One of her gifts, though she’s not sure which parent she got it from. Both could speak to animals.

Benton headed back to his study and cracked open a book of his own notes he had made about Lanton over the years.
“If I make a move to help you it will only cause them to scatter with the rats. Be careful and don’t get careless. Report to me once you’re done.”
Between her own abilities and his magic running through her Benton had no doubt she could handle herself.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Korvashta turns her head, seeing another rat, a smaller white one, staring directly at her, what equates to a grin on it’s rodent face. She sighs softly, and sets the other one down, offering a hand to the white one, who immediately uses it to climb up to her shoulder, chittering at her.

They’ve already noticed and decided to speak with me. This one will lead me to them. The dhampir reports, as she nods to the rat on her shoulder, and looks around, seeing the manhole cover not far from her, and groaning. The messenger rat seems to laugh, as Kora pulls back the metal cover, and drops into the tunnel below.

Smart move, really. There are a lot of other scents down here to cover the vampires themselves, and keep them hidden unless they want to be found.

The rat continues to lead her on, until she exits out into a larger chamber, full of whispering voices and laughter. Then it jumps off of her shoulder, and runs into the waiting hand of the vampire who summoned her here.

The first thing that would be obvious is that nosferatu vampires look nothing like their Kentaya cousins. While Kentaya are beautiful and graceful, the nosferatu’s skin is taught over a deformed skull, and a dull grey in color. He has large, pointed ears, like a dog, and he’s completely hairless. His teeth are all pointed, rather than just the fangs, and it makes his smile look very threatening as he walks toward her.

He’s a good deal taller than Korvashta, but his back is hunched, bent over. He walks toward her, that feral grin disturbing her somewhat. “You know, I thought I recognized that scent.” He hisses, leaning in far too close for the woman to be comfortable with. “I just had to be sure. Smell with my own nose, I’m sure you understand.”

Korvashta takes a deep breath, trying to remain calm, but by the way many of the voices in the shadows have changed their tone, they’ve smelled fear on her by now. “You’ve met Doctor Benton?” She asks calmly, and the man laughs, stepping back. “Oh, never in person. I’d rather not end up dead.” He sneers. “No, it’s not him I smelled. How is dear old Farator doing?”

Korvashta freezes, a mixture of alarm and anger hitting her in the gut. She takes another deep breath, gritting her teeth. The chances of this going well for this guy. just plummeted. “Ah. I see you know my father.” She manages through her teeth.

Benton could feel her anger through the link and sent a mental command to a few of the more combat oriented ghouls in the deep freezer to wake up and start heading to Kora. He knew there would be bodies, and he wanted to make sure they came to him.
Other than that command Benton did nothing but read his old notes on Lanton. Reminding himself of his past observations.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

The vampire speaking to her doesn’t seem to have noticed the shift in her body language. Either that, or he doesn’t think she’s a threat. “Oh, of course I know him! He’s practically my brother. I heard he got a cozy spot in one of the breeding projects, but I never thought I’d meet his kid!” He laughs. “Man, the b’tch must have been a piece of work, considering how you turned-“

He doesn’t finish the sentence. Korvashta’s claws grow into talons, and she lashes forward with one, ripping out his throat in a gush of stagnant blood. She starts tearing into his chest with a scream of rage. Even in this state, she knows she hasn’t killed him. It’ll just take a while for him to regenerate.

She gets up, and looks around warily, hearing shocked and angry screeching and hissing, even some growling. She’s been waiting for something to fight since she got here. She didn’t think she’d have the pleasure of spilling vampire blood just yet.

A slow grin spreads across her face, and she laughs wildly as the first one charges her. Finally, she doesn’t have to act like anything other than the primal, vicious creature at her core.

The ghouls get dressed and armed up for a fight before heading out. The drive is a short one all things considered. Especially when they were blatantly ignoring any speeding laws in thier way. The hearses roll into the area, and just as Benton knew would happen anyone able to scattered at the sight of the ghouls. Those that were too weak or didn’t care were killed and taken by the Undertakers back to the hearses. Each hearse was specifically made to haul multiple bodies, 3 including coffins and about 8 if it was just bodies stuffed in.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Kora has already killed six by the time they get there, and her wounds are minimal. It just felt so good to fight again. She forces herself to calm once the ghouls arrive, though she stays standing over the leader. Can we keep this one like you did Myrtis? I want to see if he can lead me to my father. She requests, closing her eyes. She wants revenge on her father almost as badly as she does on Lanton.

Benton thinks it over in his head. It couldn’t do any harm to his overall plan, but he would need to be careful and not over extend himself. He may be powerful, but even he is vulnerable to plots by other vampires. He might be safe in his home, but that was only against threats he knew about.
“We will take him and a few others with us. Now there’s no need to wait on the parts to be delivered, but we’ve made some enemies today.”
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Kora nods, wincing slightly. I think this is a small clan, but yes. They could have an agreement with a larger threat. She agrees, helping the ghouls to lock the leader securely in one of the coffins. She’s pleased that they’ll have new parts, as well. This should help everyone be in good shape for the attack on Lanton.

Benton sighed and instructed Kora to come on back. He didn’t want Lanton to catch wind of what happened and prepare his defenses. Benton would need to move up his time table and take Mena under the knife.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Kora nods, and makes her way back toward the estate, tired out from that fight. Still, it felt really good. Mena has finished her work with the land for today, relaxing inside. She’s still trying to find out what she’s capable of.

When both ladies returned Benton had the both of them meet him in the lab. When they made it down, now able to use the elevator on their own curtesy of Benton’s magic within them, they found Benton standing next to a large assortment of body parts from arms, to legs, chests, and faces. All categorized by size, color, etc. “ Ah welcome. I trust you both are getting used to the new abilities. Mena, I need you to pick out your new parts. We need to launch our attack in the morning.”
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Mena’s eyes widen slightly. “I see then. Well, first would be a better heart, mine has been growing weak…” she mutters, and starts looking through the parts. This is all new to her, and she’s not a doctor, but she thinks she knows what she needs to. Kora stands next to Benton. “What’s the plan for the attack?” She asks, wanting to know what she’ll be expected to do.

Benton gestures for Mena to lay down on the operating table and then starts picking out suitable parts as he explained his plan “ The ghoul vampires I sent back to Lanton will defect and begin the assault. Meanwhile we will head to Lanton’s home with a handful of ghouls to kill or capture the vampire lord. After that my ghouls will all leave my estate and head into the city. Making sure no stragglers get away.”
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Users who are viewing this thread

Back