• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Bloodlines

Mena and Kora nod, following Benton out of the lab. Mena is testing out the connection curiously, humming softly. She senses that it could have taken over her mind easily, but her own magic prevented that from happening. She’ll have to teach her daughter the spell to protect her from that.

The two of them head to Korvashta’s room, and Mena sets out some of her spell components, determined to give Kora the quickest lesson in mental defense that she’s capable of. Besides, she has this new magic to test out for herself. Kora catches on quickly, her own magic a small, underdeveloped energy, but enough for the most basic mental blocks around her personality. It wouldn’t be enough to stop memory manipulation, or even a novice Kentaya, but it should help to make sure she is roughly the same person as she started when she comes out of the transformation.
St. Boethius St. Boethius

Benton reaches out to Lanton and a few other less powerful local vampire lords about his need for fresh materials. As usual Benton requested any humans convicted of a crime be sent to him. The usual batch was 10 people. That would probably be enough to fix Mena up. The timing was a bit off and Benton explained he would be modifying his most recent gift in an experiment. That seemed to work with the lords and they said the shipment would arrive some time next week. Benton was confident Mena would last that long so he didn’t put a rush on it. With his calls made Benton knocked on Khora’s door and explained the situation.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

The two women look up from where they’re sitting on the floor, and nod, understanding. Mena is pretty excited about it, which means her personality was definitely altered at least a little. It makes her feel better that soon the vampires themselves will be the prey, rather than humans who might have just rebelled against them.

On another note, Kora’s she’s are glowing ever so slightly, a hint of green in the center of her yellow irises. Nothing like Mena’s eyes, to be sure, but a hint that she’s coming into her magic a bit. She looks up at him, remembering that he said she was next. “Does that mean it’s my turn?” She asks softly, knowing how much this means. She’ll really be a member of his house after this.

Benton nodded, “ With nothing to do but wait on your mother’s spare parts to arrive me might as well get your procedure done now before these parts of mine wear out.” Benton said gesturing for them to follow before making his way back down to the basement and preparing for the next procedure.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Korvashta nods as she and her mother get up to follow him, trying not to think about what Myrtis went through. Or about how he said living ghouls have never worked. Mena is an exception, due to her stronger magic, but if the blood reacts to Kora as it does a vampire or human, things could go very wrong, very quickly.

Same as last time Benton made sure the restraints were in place before drawing his mark over Khora’s heart in blood. “Good Luck.” Was all Benton told Khora before pouring his magic into her through the sigil. Once the process was started Benton knew it was going to take a while so he checked in with his new Vampire ghouls. Almost 75% we’re ready to be returned and the others were awaiting his activation. Unfortunately the overuse of his magic has caused the downside of his current state to rear its ugly head. The more his power is used the more of a toll it puts on the body. That manifests into a rapid decay of his body. True to form one arm and leg were useless along with some of his internal organs. He would need to replace them and soon. He needed to dip into his emergency stash of parts.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Kora gasps, feeling it take hold of her almost immediately. The first thing she notices is a creeping numbness, before her body finally realizes that it’s under attack, and responds violently, causing her to jerk around, coughing as her lungs start to fill up with fluid.

All of this is of course, terrifying for Mena, but she doesn’t dare use her magic, and potentially mess up the process. So she stays with Kora, the same she did for her. Kora shrieks in pain, thrashing in pain, and nearly biting Mena’s hand off when it gets too close to her mouth.

Mena sighs, sitting back down. She understands some of what’s going on. Many nosferatu can become somewhat bestial in times of severe stress, and unfortunately, Korvashta inherited that trait. She’s not exactly coherent at the moment, and probably won’t be till the ordeal is over.

Benton traveled deeper into the basement, towards his largest cold storage unit. It held the largest of his creations and several bodies worth of spare parts. It would take several hours of careful work to pull himself apart and pull himself back together. It was a process that couldn’t be speed up with magic as it would only spread the damage he needed to replace. He only hoped nothing happened while he was fixing himself.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Korvashta is still screeching and thrashing, trying to find a way out of her bonds, to the point of rubbing her skin till it bleeds. Mena really can’t do anything about it, so she remains where she is, stroking Kora’s hair, and trying to calm her. She’s very glad that these restraints are working, because if one were to come loose, she, Kora, and everyone in the vicinity could be in danger.

Finally, blessedly, Korvashta wears herself out, breathing heavily as she lays on the table, teeth bared in anger and pain as her eyes slowly close. It’s only then that Mena notices that one of the cuffs around her wrist has been bent… she almost got out.

By the time Kora finally tired herself out Benton had pieced himself back together and arrived back at the main lab proper. “Looks like she’s finally out of energy.” Benton said as he approached Kora to look her over. The magic had taken root alright. She looked to be halfway through the process. For some reason it goes by much quicker once the subject loses consciousness.... or dies. The most surprising thing out of the whole situation was that she almost broke through the restraints. He had them specially made and enchanted to enhance toughness and even still.... Well if the worst should happen at least Kora will be his most powerful asset.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Mena nods, watching carefully. “She’s gotten so much stronger.” She says softly, glancing at the bent metal. “If I had to guess, her mind saw it as an attack, and responded by making her hostile and chaotic to deal with it. I just hope she’s alright in there…”

Kora lets out a low growl in her unconscious stare, her hand twitching as her dreaming mind tries to fight off any changes to itself, bolstered by her weak magical protection. Mena can feel the pale flicker of magic, and closes her eyes, taking a deep breath. “Come on, you’ve got this.” She whispers, rubbing her daughter’s hand.

Benton calmly took a seat and began reading next to them as he waited to see the end result of the transformation. There was nothing left but to wait but he would be nearby if something else happened.

After a long time, Korvashta gasps, her eyes shooting open, and thrashing around for a few seconds before she remembers where she is, breathing heavily. She looks around wildly as her breath slowly steadies herself, and she closes her eyes, trying to come back to reality, and calm herself. Mena looks her over, seeing the obvious discoloration of black blood beneath her daughter’s skin.

“Nightmare?” She asks softly, and Kora sighs. “No… just so vivid.” She mumbles, looking at her wrist where it’s been cut by torn metal. It almost came off in her sudden struggle. “…ow.”

Benton gets up to check Khora over now that she seemed to be herself. “ now does that actually hurt or did you just say that? Benton asked as he began stitching the wound closed. After all her sense of pain should be all but gone. If it remained then something had changed that Benton didn’t account for.

She hums, thinking about it. “Not as much as it should, and not till I saw it.” She replies. She raises an eyebrow, seeing her skin knit back together as he stitches it up. “Huh. Regeneration appears to have stuck.” She murmurs. “At least a little bit.” Mena tilts her head. “Well that’s interesting. Might slow the decay a little bit.”

Benton nodded as he watcher her wound slowly heal itself with the aid of his stitching. “ That would be a safe bet at this point. Looks like we won’t need to worry about replacing your parts for a good long while. That’s good... I can focus on sending these back to Lanton as sleepers. Once the time is right I’ll bring Lanton himself to heel.” Benton said as he finished his work and cut away the surplus thread for the suture. “ You two feel free to go into town. Test yourselfs when you feel ready. You have my blessing.”
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Korvashta grins, as Mena helps her sit up. By the look in her eyes, and maybe some emotion on her end of their psychic link, it’s obvious that she can’t wait to see Lanton at their mercy. She gets up from the table, stretching. “Thank you. I’ve never gotten to really explore a city before.” The Dhampir admits.

Mena chuckles softly. “I should probably stay in. Lanton won’t put more people in your direct territory, I’d imagine, but he’s probably got agents waiting to see if I come out of my hiding hole.” She says. “Still got a lot to see about with this new magic, though. I’ll probably stay in and work on that.”

Benton nodded, “ I have a considerable amount of land you can use to test your magic. And Khora I trust you can handle yourself, but keep the bodies to a minimum and if you do kill anyone let me know so I can collect them quietly.” Benton trusted that these two didn’t need him to hold thier hands with this and went back over to ensure that the last of the vampires were reviving.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

The two women nod. “Alright. Korvashta, do you think you can figure out the mental link on your own, or do you want help with that?” Mena asks. Kora considers that. “I think I’ve got it.” She decides, as the two of them head out. Mena heads out of the house, feeling her green magic come out a bit more now that the black is less prominent. She sits down, and closes her eyes, trying to attune herself to the land. It’s not her forest, to be sure, but the longer she’s here, the more she’ll be able to influence the natural forces here.

Kora, meanwhile, heads out into the town, and immediately cringes. The people can see her inhuman features, and see the direction she came from. They look at her, and immediately usher their children inside. Kora doesn’t have much experience with humans, but she supposes she should have expected this.

With the two ladies doing as they pleased Benton returned to work making sure his sleeper agents were ready to ship back to Lanton there were still a few who were going through the revival process, but if all went according to plan he would have Lanton of his table by sun rise tomorrow. Those that were ready began to drive thier vehicles back to Lanton. Benton on the other hand retired to his bedroom so that he could be truly alone. It was times like this, when big decisions needed to be made and lives were in his hands that Benton wondered. What would his wife think of him? Was he still her husband or had the centuries of changing his body changed his mind as well?
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Mena hums softly, starting to get a feel for the land. Its personality is far different from her forest, and she knows getting it to accept her might be tricky, but she feels like it will be worth it. It isn’t a particularly green place, but powerful nonetheless.

Korvashta is walking through the town, when she pauses, catching a scent that she wasn’t expecting. Vampiric, obviously… mixed in with a scent of filth, and rats. Now where has she smelled that before… her lip curls in disgust as she remembers. No wonder everyone here is afraid of me. Seems like some nosferatu relatives of mine have already taken up residence.

Several of the ghoul vampires would pass Khora on thier way back to Lanton. Benton however stayed within his room resting and contemplating his next move for a while until he finally made up his mind on what to do. First things first he would visit Mena and see how she was acclimating.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Korvashta smirks slightly, feeling that familiar bloodlust. She’ll be patient, though. If she wishes to see Lanton fall, she has to be very careful not to mess up the plans of her master. Still, she’ll let him know about the Nosferatu in this town. He may have use for them.

Mena is meditating, but lifts her head, feeling his darkness approaching her. She smiles, feeling it resonate with his magic that resides inside her. She starts the process to come out of this state, not wanting to hurt herself by drawing in her magic too quickly.

Benton listened to the communication Khora sent through the mental link about the Nosferatu in the area while he waited for Nena to snap out of whatever she was doing. He would reply back telling her to move carefully. If she could convince them to do a job for him then good. If not then then he didn’t care what she did.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Mena finally opens her eyes, and smiles up at him, getting up from where she was sitting. She brushes the dirt off of her pants and hands, seeming rather pleased with how that went. Connections like this take a long time to form, but the magic animating her has gotten the latent magic to trust her a little. She certainly won’t be recieving backlash from it again, which is enough for now.

She smiles at Benton, seeming calm and relaxed. “Hello, Doctor.” She says warmly.

Korvashta nods, replying in the affirmative, before starting to search for a lead on this clan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back