• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Bloodlines

Benton takes a few moments to take a few deep breaths and work his new lungs. “ Do it. I’ll raise him once we get back to the house. I’ve got a few questions to ask him.” Benton said as he got up from the corpse and began closing his shirt. “ let’s return home... I think we’ve earned a rest.” Benton raised the blood necklace. “ that includes you lot. Assuming your alive. If not we’ll just take you back anyway.” Benton said asthe front runners arrived and with the feral ghouls began collecting the dead.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

The dhampir reply, the brother now answering as well. Thank you. It’s been so long since I was able to think for myself. He says, as his sisters untie him. We will follow you. It is the least we can offer.

Mena takes a long wooden spike from under her jacket, which she’s been keeping there for this, and raises it, driving it hard between the vampire lord’s ribs, and into his heart. His entire body spasms, before falling still once more. “There.” Mena says, satisfaction clear in her tone. Vengeance, finally.
St. Boethius St. Boethius

Benton nodded, let’s pack him up and get this show on the road them. Benton along with his House retreated back to the country side with their quarry in hand. As he returned home Benton couldn’t help but wonder how the world will react to his stunt.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

The three children of Lanton follow as was requested of them, the other five dhampir very skittish, but following their lead when Jared asks it of them. Kora remembers Jared. He’s a powerful Kentaya dhampir, charismatic and intelligent. It’s no wonder that the others look up to him.

The lesser houses that served Lanton scramble to make sense of what happened. It was so fast, and during daylight, so it will probably take them a bit to get the information they need.

Once every member of his house is settled and back where they need to be Benton holds a meeting of sorts between Jared and the Dhampir and Benton and his House. “ So tell me... what will you do now that you are free of Benton had yet to revive Lanton and gain new information, but that could wait. He had all day to decide what to do with the once Vampire Lord.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Jared tilts his head, considering that. “Probably go into hiding. While some of us would be willing to serve another master, assuming we were guaranteed safety, the majority of us simply cannot trust that promise. I personally would consider you as an exception to that rule, only because you have slain my father, and as such I owe you.”

He shrugs. “I won’t say I’m a particularly moral person, but I make a point to repay my debts.” His sisters look a bit nervous, but it’s obvious they agree with their elder brother. While they both fear Benton, if Jared tells them to trust him, they’ll listen.

Benton nods, “ Well you are welcome to stay in my home as guests for as long as you need. The ghouls will provide you with comfort, but I’ve only one iron clad rule. Don’t enter my bedroom. Under any circumstances. Otherwise my home is open to you. You may come and go as you please.” With that Benton got up from his seat and headed down to the lab to have a chat with Lanton.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Jared seems slightly surprised by that, but dips his head in thanks, watching Benton leave.

Lanton’s mind was difficult to take over, but it’s finally worked, after doing a serious number on his body. He’s breathing heavily, bloody tears having dried on his face, and in his shirt. He had it worse than Myrtis, as far as pain went. “Doctor.” He acknowledges, the magic that animates him forcing him to recognize his master.

Benton checked the time on his watch as before looking at Lanton. “ It took you three days to calm down and get to this point. Certainly the longest it’s taken for anyone before you. So tell me... should I be expecting some valiant rescue for you? They seem to be taking their time if that’s the case. “ Benton said as he took a seat next to the restrained Lanton.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Lanton shakes his head. “Not likely. They were loyal enough to me, because I was stronger than them. They’ll be fighting over my position as we speak.” He replies, a small part of him still holding anger over that. He will serve Benton, no question there, but he still wants to rule over the lesser houses.

Benton smiled as he felt that desire and ambition to rule still within Lanton. “ With the procedure complete and loyalty assured. I think it’s about time for you to head back into the city Lanton. Who better to fill your void than you.... you may have the throne. I’ve no need for such a thing.” Benton said as he freed Lanton. “ Simply continue as you have, those under my protection are off limits, but it’s a short list. “ Benton said as he got up to leave. “ Safe travels Lanton.”
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Lanton raises his eyebrows in slight surprise. Then he grins. “I will have some work ahead of me, but I should be able to make my vassals obey me again.” He assures, getting up, and stretching his sore muscles. He should still have the abilities of a vampire lord, so creating new servants shouldn’t be an issue. He’ll be back to his former strength eventually.

Benton sighs as he returns upstairs to get some rest. With his little spat taken care of and his position stronger than ever Benton was tempted to just rest on his laurels and hibernate for a few hundred years. He knew;however that others would take notice of his subjugation of Lanton and begin to make a move. That unfortunately meant that he would have to keep preparing. Benton called Mena and Kora to his study and asked them, “ With all that we have accomplished what should be our next step?”

Mena tilts her head, thinking about it. “Hm. I suppose we should wait to see how Lanton’s vassals react to this. They might cut ties from him now, if they fear you, but doing so would leave them open to attack themselves.” She says simply.

Benton nods and takes a seat in his favorite chair, “ Then wait we shall. I’ve got no experiments I plan to run so please enjoy yourselves. I’ll dig into some new books I found while we wait. Maybe take a nap...” Benton mused as he began to read. He didn’t really know what to do with free time.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Mena and Kora nod, and head off for a magic lesson. The dhampir have a very frightening moment where Lanton takes control of Jared again, but after seeing where they are, decides that they must be under Benton’s protection. That’s the only reason any of them survived after betraying him.

Benton quietly sat in his study reading one of his favorites as things settled down for the first time in a little while. He could finally enjoy some peace and quiet while everything settled into a new routine within the area. News of Benton’s dominance over a vampire lord would quickly spread across the country and the world. This incident only caused even more people to hate or fear him.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

It certainly does that. The vampires of all houses, even those at odds with Lanton, grow worried about what he’ll do next. Which is not ideal for the human population as many are turned, and many more are captured as emergency food, or drafted for breeding programs.

Meanwhile, Mena is trying to teach Kora more of her magic, though it isn’t going particularly well. It’s not that Kora doesn’t have magical potential, she has quite a lot of it. It just that it doesn’t come out as anything Mena knows how to teach. Mena’s magic, while it can be used destructively, is centered around growth and healing.

Kora’s is… not. For instance, using a spell that should have made perfectly normal flowers, Kora’s looked beautiful and harmless. And then the moment Mena tried to pick one, roots erupted from the earth and tried to strangle her. Mena is still not sure how the hell that happened, but she doesn’t know what to do about it.

After a few months of enjoying his peace and quiet with his new household Benton suddenly called Kora and Mena into the living room with an uncharacteristic grin across his patchwork face. “ I have good news..., with the new routines in place and my new domain running smoothly I figured we could all use a breather. So I used my new excess of wealth to plan an outing, or a vacation rather. I’m partially to America myself but I always found the Eastern Cultures to be fascinating. Do either of you have any suggestions?
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Khorvashta and Mena grin, excited to have a family getaway, such as their family is. “I’m more familiar with the US, specifically it’s forests.” Mena says with a grin. “I would love to explore more of it.” Khorvashta grins. “Let’s do that then! I’ve never really gotten to explore anywhere.”

Benton chuckled, “ Some time away from the city will do us all some good I think. “ Benton said as he walked over to his study. After a moment he returned with a stack of maps and a book about national parks in America, “ These are a bit dated, but hopefully they’ll be helpful in narrowing down our choices.”
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Mena smiles. “I’ve always wanted to see the islands. Hawaii or Puerto Rico. Also those are sunny and hot, with smaller populations of humans. So not a great environment for many kinds of vampires.”

Benton thought for a moment as he looked at the islands and a small humming noise escaped his lips as he decided between them. “ I’ve always wanted to visit Hawaii. Living next to an active volcano sounds interesting.” Benton said making his decision. “ I’ll make the necessary preparations, but I think we can leave in a day. “ Benton needed to make precautions for the hot weather and sand, but all in all he was looking forward to the outing.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

The two of them grin, getting started on packing. Khora is excited to see someplace new, and Mena is excited to get to explore an island ecosystem. She has never had a chance to, With how hard she focused on forests, and gathering power.

Benton made the necessary payments and began packing his own bags. Benton prepared spare organs for travel along with your normal packing list. His magic can sustain his body for a little bit but he was still functionally human after all. Once everyone was packed Benton had a few of his revenants load up the car. A much fancier decoy car was also prepared in the hopes of tricking an would be interference.
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Users who are viewing this thread

Back