• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Simon Strut

I am not a man, I am a bean.
edouard-noisette-to-take-a-city.jpg
Welcome to London in 2022. Home of vampires, werewolves, sorcerers, and those that hunt them.

You are familiar with the creatures of the night. Why? Because you’re one of them, of course.

Vampires are led by the eight, supremely powerful Higher Vampires. They are stronger and faster than any human, and possess enhanced senses, fast regeneration, and the ability to mesmerise mortals. But they cannot survive without consuming human blood, and sunlight will vaporise them.

Werewolves can transform from their human form to their werewolf form at will. A strong werewolf can contend with any vampire, matching their strength and speed. They also don’t share the same weakness to sunlight or holy symbols, but silver will cut through their tough hide like a knife through butter.

Most Sorcerers live mundane lives, never realising they have magic in their veins. The ones that stand out join the Convent and are trained in the ways of old. Spells are difficult to learn and almost impossible to fully master, but having a variety means that fighting a sorcerer is never easy. They do, however, still have human bodies so may not fare well if taken by surprise.

Hunters are the only true humans that are aware of the creatures of the night. They employ ancient techniques that can disable or debilitate vampires and werewolves. The most skilled Hunters strike fear into their prey. Vampires think twice before they go out to feed. Werewolves look over their shoulders before they transform. But in the end, what happens when a Hunter runs out of weapons?

Hi,

This is my first RP and I hope it goes well. It’s based on the first draft of a book I’ve written. It doesn’t look like there’s much lore in the synopsis above, but that was mostly because I didn’t want to feel like I was infodumping everything. That being said, I intend to make a separate lore channel to address all of that.

Firstly, the characters. There are two slots open for each: Vampire, Werewolf, Sorcerer, Hunter and potentially an ‘Other’ category too.

Once you’ve picked a creature, I will exchange some notes with you over DM to figure out the character, based on the lore of the world. For example, if you pick a Vampire, I’ll message you and explain who all the Higher Vampires are and you can choose to pick which one is your master; if you pick Sorcerer, I’ll explain how the hierarchy of the Convent works and all the different departments within, etc. Because of that, a Werewolf’s character sheet will look very different to a Vampire’s or a Hunter’s. The main reason I'm doing it this way is because most werewolves won't really know everything about vampires and vice versa. If I put all the information here in this post, rather than in private DM's, you would know things that your character should not necessarily know, and that could break the immersion a bit.

‘Other’ is if you want to come up with your own creature. Perhaps a fairy, or a goblin? A centaur? If we can figure out a way to make it work in this urban fantasy setting, we can totally try!

Some quick notes: If no one is interested in the ‘Other’ category, I’ll probably get rid of it. I'm LGBTQ+ friendly, your character can be whatever you want them to be. If you are more comfortable with discord, and everyone else agrees, I may move this onto there. And finally, I would like character sheets and posts to be in depth. I'm not asking for a dozen paragraphs, but definitely enough so that each person is contributing to keep the story moving forward.

If there are any questions, feel free to DM me or drop them below. Thanks for reading this far!

Vampire 1: Reserved by floralmoon floralmoon

Vampire 2: Reserved by RemainingQuestions RemainingQuestions

Werewolf 1: Reserved by ave goin insane ave goin insane

Werewolf 2: Reserved by Feral Feral

Sorcerer 1: Reserved by .empathogen. .empathogen.

Sorcerer 2: Reserved by lulledarson lulledarson

Hunter 1: Reserved by PatriasLover PatriasLover

Hunter 2: Reserved by noxrequiem noxrequiem

‘Other’ 1: Reserved by Nellancholy Nellancholy

‘Other’ 2: Reserved by redraider redraider

Last edited:
i would love to be a hunter?
I'll reserve that for you. You picked one of the groups with the most lore! An infodump is on its way to you via DM. Take your time reading it as it might be a bit much, and you're more than welcome to change your mind if you want.

Possibly interested in a hunter!
Interesting! I thought Hunters would be the last ones to be picked 🤔

I'll send you the lore on Hunters. Just as I mentioned to PatriasLover, it's a bit of an infodump, which I'm really sorry for. I've tried to condense it a bit but I don't want you to miss out on any important information. After you read it, if you decide a hunter isn't for you, you're welcome to change characters.

Last edited:
If you're not married to Discord I'm interested. Got an idea or two for an "other". I guess this'll be a roleplay where the characters will be at odds with each other most of the time?

If you're not married to Discord I'm interested. Got an idea or two for an "other". I guess this'll be a roleplay where the characters will be at odds with each other most of the time?
No, not at all. DM me your idea?

Just to clarify, these characters would usually at odds with each other (except for the sorcerers, who have pacts with each group). But in this RP, they'll be forced into a situation where they'll have to tolerate each other. There's still room for betrayal down the line though.

I'll reserve all those spots. Thanks for the interest guys! I'm at work currently but I'll compile the lore to send to everyone when I have some time

Interested in the last werewolf position!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back