• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Blood & Ruin (A Fantasy Role-Play)

double messaging! i've got a few questions?

1. What sort of religions would you see predominant here? I'm gonna guess maybe some one on the Creator, monotheistic maybe, and then perhaps stragglers? I'm only asking because I'm sort of interested in someone who's into the religion and the stories of the land, possibly a priest/priestess of the type.
2. How long has the civil war been going on? Wondering about age, maybe having a character that's been playing messenger for the King or for the rebellion group for a period of time?

double messaging! i've got a few questions?

1. What sort of religions would you see predominant here? I'm gonna guess maybe some one on the Creator, monotheistic maybe, and then perhaps stragglers? I'm only asking because I'm sort of interested in someone who's into the religion and the stories of the land, possibly a priest/priestess of the type.
2. How long has the civil war been going on? Wondering about age, maybe having a character that's been playing messenger for the King or for the rebellion group for a period of time?

Good question! Let me answer to the best of my ability:

1) in the current country of Salos, the predominant religion would indeed revolve around the Book of Creation: I don’t really have a name for it, but a priest/priestess character is totally doable!
2) the war would have been going on close to a year now - although it has been culminating for quite some time up north, when the rebellion started (possibly another year). So in reality, two years, with only this past year the war has finally broke out and seeped into the rest of the country.

Hey there! I’ve been popping in and out of this thread since I’m certainly interested. I haven’t seen any current interest in a rogue sort character so I’d definitely be interested in making one of those. Figuring that might do some good rounding out an adventurer’s party.

He would come from the rougher parts of the city, possibly the ‘underbelly’ — could be a smuggler, part of a thieves network, etc. Kind of rough around the edges, as distrustful as those sorts tend to be, but not to any extreme.

Any ideas on any sort of criminal factions for your world that a conscientious (I’d say mostly true neutral character since he’d be in this life to get through the day) would be part of? Possibly taking on this adventure to get out of a rough spot with a boss or organization? (Feel free to send a PM if you’re interested in fleshing this out more.)

Hey there! I’ve been popping in and out of this thread since I’m certainly interested. I haven’t seen any current interest in a rogue sort character so I’d definitely be interested in making one of those. Figuring that might do some good rounding out an adventurer’s party.

He would come from the rougher parts of the city, possibly the ‘underbelly’ — could be a smuggler, part of a thieves network, etc. Kind of rough around the edges, as distrustful as those sorts tend to be, but not to any extreme.

Any ideas on any sort of criminal factions for your world that a conscientious (I’d say mostly true neutral character since he’d be in this life to get through the day) would be part of? Possibly taking on this adventure to get out of a rough spot with a boss or organization? (Feel free to send a PM if you’re interested in fleshing this out more.)

Hey! Thanks for interest! Rogue-type character is definitely something that's doable! In terms of a 'rough' neighbourhood, I took the liberty of writing out each major part of Bellus for everyone to read! (I've updated this in the OOC thread as well):

The Bunberry District
This is where the wealthy or noble citizens reside. Located on the northern end of town, this area is generally smaller than the other districts, comprised of large manors and gated communities. Although not uncommon to see non-wealthy citizens around here, there is not much to do other than look at houses or simply take a walk around.

The Hive District
The largest of all districts. The Hive is the name given to the entire district of this city. This district houses everything such as businesses, residential neighborhoods, and the local church is also located here, where people read the Book of Creation. This district is the one area anyone can be seen at because of the multitude of things to do. The blacksmith are also located here, as well the theatre where actors will perform and participate in plays for the public to enjoy. The central market place is usually the busiest in this district, where street-vendors will be located alongside smaller businesses and children playing around near the city fountain. It also in this central marketplace where executions will also take place.

The Willows
The worst district in Bellus. Here is where the poorer citizens reside. Although some areas in this neighborhood are not that bad, much of it is filled with crime and shady activity. Generally speaking, the people here do not make much money and some are pushed into this district when they cannot pay enough to keep living in the other districts. Rumors also state that a certain powder-like drug known as Salva is also being made here and distributed.

The Outfields
Although outside the city, it is still technically a part of the city due to its location. Here is where the farmland is located, where crops grow and the local farm produce for businesses and vendors to buy and sell. There is also a mine located out here, where the miners work. It should also be noted that there is a cemetery located out here. Other than that, there is not much else here, and it is essentially this area that cuts off Bellus from the rest of the world. What lies beyond, is a grassy landscape with few trees littered about.

So your character could reside in the Willows, possibly, if you are going for the slums! I mean, as for criminal factions, I could potentially think of possibly some sort of Salva dealer? Or one person that's in control of selling Salva/stealing, etc for profit and has people under him to do his dirty work? Just throwing ideas out there!

Hey! Thanks for interest! Rogue-type character is definitely something that's doable! In terms of a 'rough' neighbourhood, I took the liberty of writing out each major part of Bellus for everyone to read! (I've updated this in the OOC thread as well):

The Bunberry District
This is where the wealthy or noble citizens reside. Located on the northern end of town, this area is generally smaller than the other districts, comprised of large manors and gated communities. Although not uncommon to see non-wealthy citizens around here, there is not much to do other than look at houses or simply take a walk around.

The Hive District
The largest of all districts. The Hive is the name given to the entire district of this city. This district houses everything such as businesses, residential neighborhoods, and the local church is also located here, where people read the Book of Creation. This district is the one area anyone can be seen at because of the multitude of things to do. The blacksmith are also located here, as well the theatre where actors will perform and participate in plays for the public to enjoy. The central market place is usually the busiest in this district, where street-vendors will be located alongside smaller businesses and children playing around near the city fountain. It also in this central marketplace where executions will also take place.

The Willows
The worst district in Bellus. Here is where the poorer citizens reside. Although some areas in this neighborhood are not that bad, much of it is filled with crime and shady activity. Generally speaking, the people here do not make much money and some are pushed into this district when they cannot pay enough to keep living in the other districts. Rumors also state that a certain powder-like drug known as Salva is also being made here and distributed.

The Outfields
Although outside the city, it is still technically a part of the city due to its location. Here is where the farmland is located, where crops grow and the local farm produce for businesses and vendors to buy and sell. There is also a mine located out here, where the miners work. It should also be noted that there is a cemetery located out here. Other than that, there is not much else here, and it is essentially this area that cuts off Bellus from the rest of the world. What lies beyond, is a grassy landscape with few trees littered about.

So your character could reside in the Willows, possibly, if you are going for the slums! I mean, as for criminal factions, I could potentially think of possibly some sort of Salva dealer? Or one person that's in control of selling Salva/stealing, etc for profit and has people under him to do his dirty work? Just throwing ideas out there!
Love this! The Willows would be perfect for him. The Salva trade is probably his niche. And in my head he’s been doing this for a really long time (since they usually grab kids in general to do this kind of work to start them young). He’s not the kind of person to grab power or want any sort of leadership role, but he’s built a big connection just off his dealings. He could be a secret keeper in general since I imagine Salva isn’t just a poor man’s game and there’s always officials with skeletons in the closet.

He works under the boss or bosses. Keeps his head down, does a good job. And in return those bosses rely on him for rumors, information, etc. they sell to others—though for his personal arc, it wouldn’t be as privileged a life as it seems, thriving in the underworld. Since his known name would just be Mutt, and true to that name, at the end of the day he’s a dog on a tight chain.

That’s the concept, anyways!

Love this! The Willows would be perfect for him. The Salva trade is probably his niche. And in my head he’s been doing this for a really long time (since they usually grab kids in general to do this kind of work to start them young). He’s not the kind of person to grab power or want any sort of leadership role, but he’s built a big connection just off his dealings. He could be a secret keeper in general since I imagine Salva isn’t just a poor man’s game and there’s always officials with skeletons in the closet.

He works under the boss or bosses. Keeps his head down, does a good job. And in return those bosses rely on him for rumors, information, etc. they sell to others—though for his personal arc, it wouldn’t be as privileged a life as it seems, thriving in the underworld. Since his known name would just be Mutt, and true to that name, at the end of the day he’s a dog on a tight chain.

That’s the concept, anyways!

That sounds great! I dig that backstory, it’s sort of like his way of having a means to survive, being raised in a tougher part of the city where many people are neglected!
Glad to be have helped with your character ☺️

Good question! Let me answer to the best of my ability:

1) in the current country of Salos, the predominant religion would indeed revolve around the Book of Creation: I don’t really have a name for it, but a priest/priestess character is totally doable!
2) the war would have been going on close to a year now - although it has been culminating for quite some time up north, when the rebellion started (possibly another year). So in reality, two years, with only this past year the war has finally broke out and seeped into the rest of the country.
awesome ty! i'd love to flesh out the religion a bit through the priestess-- would you prefer I toss some ideas when I put the app down or to talk about it here/ DMs?

My angle would be perhaps a priestess who comes from a bit of a shadowy background, leading to being involved in passing along messages perhaps prior to settling down here in a religious role. Sorta similar to Leliana in dragon age if you know the vibe!

awesome ty! i'd love to flesh out the religion a bit through the priestess-- would you prefer I toss some ideas when I put the app down or to talk about it here/ DMs?

My angle would be perhaps a priestess who comes from a bit of a shadowy background, leading to being involved in passing along messages perhaps prior to settling down here in a religious role. Sorta similar to Leliana in dragon age if you know the vibe!

Ahh I totally get what you mean with that character idea - that’s great imo! You can definitely make an app, but for the most part I think that idea works good :) curious, what kind of shadowy background are we talking?

Ahh I totally get what you mean with that character idea - that’s great imo! You can definitely make an app, but for the most part I think that idea works good :) curious, what kind of shadowy background are we talking?
Probably straight up contract/mercenary work until I can think of something more appealing 😂 but if you have any suggestions I will happily bite!

Probably straight up contract/mercenary work until I can think of something more appealing 😂 but if you have any suggestions I will happily bite!
Not bad! I’m giving a fair bit of freedom with a lot of the characters, so you can definitely change it if you think of anything else!

LieutyXII LieutyXII too bad about the week wait, i want to read your character posts already ;p
Same haha! I’m excited to bring the sass and scoldings

Oh yes, I forgot to ask. JSPD2000 JSPD2000 , would you say there is a university level of education in Kale? If so, that’s where Oswyn would have studied for 4 or 5 years.

Same haha! I’m excited to bring the sass and scoldings

Oh yes, I forgot to ask. JSPD2000 JSPD2000 , would you say there is a university level of education in Kale? If so, that’s where Oswyn would have studied for 4 or 5 years.

Sure! We can definitely say there is some sort of College of Higher Learning there, due to the fact it is the royal capital!

Not bad! I’m giving a fair bit of freedom with a lot of the characters, so you can definitely change it if you think of anything else!
Sounds good! I’ll get it up tomorrow hopefully, also have a good vacation!

Ok my own cs is done and sent to JSJ. Once its approved I'll add it to the OOC/Sign-Ups.

In the process of shaking off the rust from not rping in a while and this rp caught my eye :]

Was mulling over a character idea for a while and so far I have someone who used to be a member of the rebellion. I imagine their town was sieged by the rebellion, and being the young, impressionable, power-hungry boy that he was, asked to be a part of Grandora. Then as he got older and wiser he began to question the rebellion's motives and morals, resulting in him having a major identity meltdown and running away to :bishiesparklesl: find himself :bishiesparklesr:. Since arriving to Bellus, he began taking several odd jobs wherever he could find them, kind of becoming a jack of all trades and master of none, with the exception of hand-to-hand combat. He participates in fighting rings in The Willows for a quick buck when desperate, but otherwise he takes jobs like helping with town repair/construction or helping to unload cargo for merchants. Nothing that pays too well and nothing long term.

I think the only problem with that concept might be that the rebellion has only been in full swing for a year now. If I remember correctly.

Ohh my bad, it's an easy enough fix though! His backstory might wind up being a little different but the essence of the character will still be there. :]

Might make it so that the rebellion still invaded his town and the monastery he grew up in. He decides to join the rebellion as a means of survival and hoping to grow stronger, probably loses track of himself in the process and realizes he doesn't want to be under the rebellion and then dips in the night.

Ohh my bad, it's an easy enough fix though! His backstory might wind up being a little different but the essence of the character will still be there. :]

Might make it so that the rebellion still invaded his town and the monastery he grew up in. He decides to join the rebellion as a means of survival and hoping to grow stronger, probably loses track of himself in the process and realizes he doesn't want to be under the rebellion and then dips in the night.
yeah i believe with above the war's been solid for about a year, but i believe there's been some action sometime prior as well (in the way that wars beginning are never quite cut and dry) specifically in the north.

my character's got a bit of a similar point there, where she and her brother were working for hire then eventually got roped into revolutionary behaviour before getting into too much shit

Interested as well--- Im new to the site so really--- just give me a role you need filled-- if you have one.

I'm not the GM but I don't think they have roles that are too preferred for the most part. You should be free to write up a character as long as its in the bounds of the CS and world description. I would look at the other CS that have been made to see if there are any possible character types that you might want to write that haven't been made yet.

I’m not the GM either but it should be noted that they listed that they are only looking for about 4-6 players and I think most are filled. Feel free to check in with them tho

I'm pretty sure all the given characters have been approved to my knowledge, just hasn't updated that list yet. I sent mine on PM for approval before putting it up once the ok was given, and I'm not on that list yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back