• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Blood Moon

Svadilfari

The mediocre Gatsby

autumn-fog-leaves-rain-Favim.com-1104147.jpg

Welcome to Hooksett
we hope you enjoy your stay

RP Theme Song

Hey!

It's me, Bentley. What's up, my pal? I know you're probably busy chillaxing now at Winter Break, but I'd love it if you can go to the Oxen's party tonight. It's going to be awesome, I promise! They got all the best stuff, the Haddoxes. Me, I'm gonna be bringing a hella ton of baggies and a bottle; so I can bring home some of their food and stuff. Last time, they had these amazing cookies, man. A-m-a-z-i-n-g. I fell in love. For real. I bet if you search for the definition for 'amazing' in the Library, there will be a full-blown colored picture of those damn cookies. Anyways, I know you didn't get an invite, but I got an extra one! Don't worry about it, bud. Sorta the perk for being the Class Prez. You don't need to feel bad about it though, they're all missing out on the amazing-ness of y.o.u. Let's show them the party won't start until we walk in, yeah?

Catch you later!
Ben

P.S. Invite should be in this envelope. Sorry about the stain. It's the BBQ powder. Damn, you're right. Those BBQ fries at Bob's are the moon!

P.P.S. I wonder when we're gonna get better service (or any service, really) here. Sometimes feels like we're not yet in the 21st century or something. Paul is raising the prices of his ugly stationary too. This envelope actually cost me five bucks. Well it came in a bundle, but I just need one and the old man wouldn't let me get just one. Screw him. So, you're welcome, bud. See how much I care for you?

Untitled.jpg

giphy.gif
Hooksett is a lovely small town with a population of a thousand. They boast a Town Square filled with local shops and diners, a neat vintage Theater, a quaint Christian Church, and a well-kept park where most teens and children hang out on their lazy days. But most of all, Hooksett offers a breathtaking view of winding paths, lush-green forests, and a wide expanse of pale blue mountains on the horizon. At the longest night of the year, the moon settles over the twin peaks, and shines a blood-red colour. Nobody knows why the strange phenomenon occurs, but the locals preferred to keep it a secret to themselves. Tourists and new faces aren't exactly what they needed, especially when some people mysteriously disappear each year without a word.

ochsenkopf_1469547222__97074.original.png In this RP, students (your characters) from Ryder High will either accidentally or deliberately find themselves in an exclusive party where they weren't invited to. There, they will witness an event that will answer why some people vanish without a trace in their town. Now it's up to them if they want to put a stop to this, or just lay low to avoid being the next victim.

This RP tests each characters' morals and bends to suit each choices made. The ending will depend on the players left and the choices they made along the way.

OOC Thread: Blood Moon [OOC]

Character Sheet Thread: Blood Moon [Characters]

Last edited:

Untitled.jpg

Mckenzie vanished roughly about a year ago from today. Her mother thinks that she just left, like she feared she would do. Her things were gone when they checked her room in the morning. Her friends said that she was a 'drifter' and sort of a rebel. She once vandalized the fountain at Town Square, among other things. She was last seen at Paul's picking out a manila paper for a school project. Odd that the girl shopped for a project she wouldn't need to do, if she was planning to run away...

It is cold.

And outside,

It is colder still.

It has only been three days, and yet she can feel her strength ebbing away every time the sun lazily dips on the horizon. Teddy was right. She should have stayed away; called it quits and moved on to a blank page. Just like what everybody else did. 'This isn't a game, Cat,' she can still hear him say, despite the years that passed. And she knows that. It's just that she can't just turn away from it all, and pretend like nothing happened. Because something did happen. Something terrible. It's her barn, and she's the girl in the pink dress, helplessly drawn back to the old, faded painting of the past. Back to the sadness. Back to the carnage.

'This isn't a game, Cat.'

"I know Ted," she whispered to the memory. The golden band around her ring finger seems to grow heavier each day, along with the cold. It's almost like an accusation. Cathy Bates began to twist the metal closer to the base of her knuckle; a force of habit whenever she's starting to get nervous, or nauseous, or both. She wondered what he would say if he can see her now; here in her little room, at four in the morning, with papers and clippings strewn all about, next to her measly breakfast. He would probably scoff and call her 'crazy,' like always. The only difference is he'd be right this time. This is crazy. She shouldn't be here. She shouldn't have left the city. "I'm sorry Ted. I really am." With trembling hands, she lifted the mug to her lips. Today is the third day, the day when her work will officially begin.

After drinking her fill, Cathy strode over to the mirror to check herself. Small bags lined her baby-blue eyes, and her short, strawberry-blonde hair is all tangled up and dry. She hadn't had a wink of sleep last night, and it showed. She's a mess. 'This isn't a game. Remember what happened?' The blonde took one last bite of her toast, before collecting her notes and tucking her hair in a beanie. She'll be alright. As long as she's careful, she'll somehow manage to make it through this, and maybe even prevent it from happening all over again. As she slid out of the door and headed to work, Teddy's voice crept in her mind once more, despite her best efforts to push it away. Cathy stopped dead in her tracks, and let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. Her hands started shaking again, but not from the cold.

'Look where it got me, Cat. Look where it got me.' The voice said, and from the distance, a figure emerged from the growing fog.

--

received_687601858116101.gif

Risk Level: High

His glasses were sliding down his nose, but he paid it no mind as he jogged towards her. "I hope I didn't scare you Miss Bates, running up to you like that," he explained as he stopped to catch his breath. The blonde shook her head and smiled. "Oh no, Bentley. I always enjoy your company." Bentley Lagmay beamed at this, the warmth of his smile almost matching the brightness of his mustard-yellow sweater. Cathy meant what she said; the boy is interesting to talk to. He seems to know about everything and anything, and he is more than happy to share this wealth of information to anyone who cares to listen. Not only that, but he is also a role model for the other students at Ryder, and she appreciates that. She also appreciates his manners, and friendliness towards others. Ben is usually upbeat whenever she sees him, but there's something different about him today. This time, she noted that Ben is in higher spirits than usual. As they walked, she noticed that he is clutching a rolled up piece of paper in his left hand.

"You seem excited for Winter Break," Cathy began, curious in knowing what's got the boy worked up. "Excited is an understatement Miss Bates. I am thrilled!" he enunciated. She raised a brow at the statement, to which he responded with a grin. "Let me explain ma'am. Tonight, the Haddoxes are throwing a Blood Moon party, well Maddie mostly. And I'm guessing you heard about the Blood Moon and all that?" She nodded. "Anyways every Blood Moon, she throws a party, and they have all the best stuff! Food, drinks, and music from all around the world! I apologize if I'm sorta freaking out about it, but not everyone here has the money to make all that happen y'know? So everyone's pretty stoked about it too." Cathy smiled. "That does sound amazing. I hope you kids have a wonderful time. You going with anyone, Ben?" Bentley scratched the back of his neck. They are nearing the school grounds by now; the building's beige outline slowly emerging from the fog. "Well, that's the thing. I got--"

"---at mug by walking to a door, yeah right."

"Just lay off of it, yeah?"

Bentley crossed his arms and stopped just beyond the Main Gate's parking lot. Forgetting the conversation at hand, he watched in curiosity at the early scene unfolding before him. Cathy stood beside him and observed the students arguing near the bike racks. Even from the distance, she can tell who the female student is, just by her presence. Madeline Haddox has her hands on her hips, with her red, well-manicured nails standing out from the dark blue of her tailored jeans. Her raven black hair is tied up in a tight ponytail with a neat red ribbon. Before her stood the tall frame of a young man clad in a white shirt and blue jeans, his freckled face adorned with a shiner on his left eye. Cathy noted that the bruise looked fresh.

"I told you before, we should've taken care of it."

"Are you kidding? Please tell me you're joking Maddie?"

"What is his name again? The guy in the Varsity jacket?" Bentley frowned. "That's Jason Halliday. He looks like he got into a mess. Don't know how, this early in the morning." Cathy raised a brow. "Halliday? As in, Sheriff Halliday?" Ben nodded in response. "Yeah, his dad's the Sheriff of this town. Mr. Halliday's a good man. And I think his son is too... I think."

"Are you afraid? Is that what it is?"

Madeline's red lips curled to a mocking smile. The brunet frowned and averted his gaze.

"Maddie, I don't w--"

"Are you afraid now, Jason Halliday?"

He shook his head and turned his back on her.

"Maybe I am. Maybe I'm tried. I- I don't know, okay? Just lay off of me for once, damn it."

"You know what happens Jax!"

After the exchange, Cathy watched as the brunet headed to the other direction, while Madeline stomped away to the courtyard, accidentally flinging mud to a student standing nearby. It had rained non-stop for the past two days, and the ground still bears the sign of the storm from the previous nights. Aya Tachibana looked down at her dirt-stained skirt, before shaking her head and locking her bicycle in place. Cathy noticed that the timid girl had been fiddling with the bike's padlock since they got there. She figured that Aya must've heard the whole conversation. The poor girl has always been as quiet as a mouse, that she mostly goes unnoticed by her peers. Cathy plans to change that somehow. She doesn't like how worried the girl can look at times. This time, she noted that Aya seems more uneasy than usual.

Ring.
Ring.
Ring.

The sound of the bell carried loudly throughout the field, signalling the thirty minute break before the start of class. "Wow, that was quite a scene," Bentley chuckled as he jogged to the gate. "Anyways, I have to get my stuff sorted out Miss Bates, so I'll talk to you later." The blonde waved back at him. "See you later. Oh and Ben?" Bentley looked back at his new counselor, his hand still gripping the roll of paper he had earlier. "Don't forget what we talked about last session, okay? Make friends. Real ones you can talk to. Maybe at this party you'll be able to?" For the second time that morning, Bentley flashed one of his warm smiles again. "Don't worry ma'am. I promise to make one before Winter Break ends."

Event #1

Talk Of The Day

Hello lovely! Welcome to the g a m e. Your character just arrived in school, for the last day. You have thirty minutes to lounge around before class starts. You can go to only one of these four places: Plaza, Field, Lockers, Halls. Which one would you pick? Please choose wisely! Sometimes, some interaction can trigger something unexpected.

PicMonkey Image.jpg

Event End

Corgi Corgi mikko mikko @commodore 64 The Darkling The Darkling lavendre lavendre monochromegalaxy monochromegalaxy Setting In a Hanimu Setting In a Hanimu Elowyn Elowyn sidekicker sidekicker Eshspoyeofdoom Eshspoyeofdoom Noble Noble goliah goliah seasonedcat seasonedcat Kal Kal

Last edited:

Jonathan McNeil
Jonathan's morning, like all mornings, stank of roasted coffee and toothpaste. Not the best couple in his opinion but it's something to get used to. Mm, yes. It's been...what? Eighteen years of this artificial and earthy combination that's been lingering around him every time he's stepped into the hallway. The building where he slaved and sweated away for god knows how long. Where he's put so much damn effort, he's begun to grow a liking to it.

And yet... today is the last day of school.

Thus marking the last few months of his time in Hooksett.

He felt...

Alright. Happy almost. A new chapter in his life is about to begin. He should be excited, ecstatic. Leaving behind dumb bullies and shouting parents, sounds like a gift. He should be bouncing off the walls, flipping off teachers, having fun.

But this strange small town in the middle of nowhere has it's charms. That's for sure. He feels like he should miss it. He does, even stranger...

Focus. Focus.

Why is today important? Final article. That's right. Jonathan had been granted the privilege to write and design the cover pages of the schools magazine. The issue that he worked so hard for, nestled comfortably on top of his textbooks. Just hand it it to Mr Starvinsky on the way to class and watch as your words appear on the issue like magic.

Something else is annoying him...

The halls echoed a name, but he couldn't quite place it. The air was thick with chatter and excitement. Yes, yes... all that baloney about parties and girls only sleepovers was cluttering his mind and was quite simply, annoying him. He was after all, invited to the famous Blood Moon party hosted by none other than 'Lady Haddox'. It's just a pity that he'll be celebrating it with... these people. He'll need to talk about this with her more, but he has to get his paper in. Maybe later...

"Jax...Halliday...fucked up...dude," the halls muttered.

Damn it, Jax. What did you do this time? Steal a beer? Pull a chick? Where are you?

Looking around frantically, Jonathan's ordinary morning had been plunged into confused chaos. His eyes darted from group to group, no one familiar. No one to talk to.

He landed on Aya. Unfamiliar, still, but good enough. He began to pace closer towards her.

"Hey Aya, um quick question... do you know where Jax is? Y'know, the dude who's always in the sports section in the magazine" Jonathan asked before his eyes fell on her mud covered skirt.

Svadilfari Svadilfari

Last edited:

Eleisya Yates-Wycommin
30 minutes before class Lockers ∙ talking to Bentley L.

Ellie was on her way to her locker when she saw Ben coming from the counselor's office. What was her name again? Oh yes: it was Cathy Bates. She and the rest of her class had written preliminary letters to the new counselor as per her request. She couldn't tell what they were saying to each other for the chatter going on in the hallway, but she saw Bentley flash one of his signature smiles and then walk away.

Eleisya hummed to herself.

She felt that there was always something forced in his grin. His smile seemed to be covering up for something else. But maybe she was just worrying too much again. He seemed fine. Smart guy, she knew. Shrugging the whole thing off, she spun the dial of the lock. The first number, then the second, then the third. Click the locker opened and she quickly stuffed a couple of binders she knew she would need into her pack. Ellie pretended to ignore Bentley whose locker was a few units away from her own.

That was when she actually listened to the chatter in the hall (as it was usually full of nonsense and gossip): "Jax Halli... shiner... y the bikes..." etc. etc. ad nauseum.

template by astraea ∙ beware hidden scrolling ∙ Svadilfari Svadilfari

b
QUENTIN HALE Svadilfari Svadilfari

"Did you know that?"
Quentin's younger sister, Samantha, had always been very energetic. She read a lot, and she enjoyed spreading little known science facts to her brother, who usually listened to them gladly, but that morning Quentin seemed to be completely absent from reality.

The moment he had laid down for bed the night before a wave of doubts and insecurities had overwhelmed him. That day would have been his last day, and even though Quentin did not enjoy high school, the realization that shortly after it was over he would have to suddenly become independant had hit him hard.
What would he do?
Who would he become?

In the end the eighteen year old only got three hours of sleep, so now he stared blankly at his kitchen's wall.
"Quentin?"
His eyes moved toward Samantha's small frame, and his brain seemed to recollect to his mouth again.
"Huh, no I didn't know. That's really cool actually."
She seemed satisfied with his answer, leaving him back to his own world.

"Isn't it time to get ready, honey?"
Quentin's adoptive mother was a short woman in her late fourties, even though the years made her seem much older; to him Jodie had always been an exceptional mother, and even if she wasn't his biological one, he considered her so.
"Yeah, I'm going."

He prepared and left for school after receiving his parents' goodbyes, both faked excitement for his last day.
Perhaps they irrationally feared he would just leave Hooksett, like he intended to do, and forget all about them.
He never could.

The ride to school was a short one, but finding a place to park was an entirely different deal.
Outside of Ryder High plenty of students either celebrated, mostly the first years, or dreaded the last day.
Quentin felt neutral about it, like he did about most things.

He realised that if he were to leave his car in the parking lot it could either be ruined by over excited students or he wouldn't be able to get out because of the crowd, so he opted for his "secret spot".

Well, it was neither secret nor his, but the smaller parking lot by the field's side was always deserted, the only exception being the days Ryder's team was playing.
After parking Quentin came out of his car and walked into the field, he aimed right for the door that led inside the school but something in the corner of his eye caught his attention.
The senior curiosly turned to look directly at the figure, a teenager who held his head in his own hands, seemingly desperate.
"Hey, are you okay?"
He approached the boy and extended his hand to rest it gently on his shoulder, but as the guy's head whipped up Quentin immediately recognised him.

"Jason! Why are you-hey, what's wrong with your eye?"
Jason Halliday, a senior just like Quentin, was an old friend of his.
They had always been very different: Jason was a good student, Quentin wasn't, Jason joined the football team and Quentin refused to do so, Jason was an Oxen while Quentin cared little about popularity. They weren't best friends, but Quentin considered him close enough.

"Jax, who did that?
Q

Today would be fine. It would be fine just like all the other days since he's been here.

Walking down the sidewalk, he kept his eyes straight ahead and kept going. He didn't care if someone was getting robbed across the street or if people talked to him. He just needed to get to school and see Maddie. Important things were happening today and he can't let if get out of hand. He needed tonight to go smoothly and then he wouldn't have to worry about anything. His family wouldn't have to worry about anything.

The walk to the school was quiet and short; however, the school grounds weren't. Bustling teenagers cackled to one another, whispering things that wouldn't matter after today.

"-eah, I heard about that. You think Jax's okay? Whoever hit him better had not hurt his pretty face."

"Are you serious? No way that hap-"

"-lood Moon party? Hell yeah, you bet I'm g-"

"-ot. If I had the chance, I would jump on her any day."

"She's a weirdo... I don't know why any-"

The boy continued walking, trying to ignore the ongoing whispers. He didn't want to have to deal with anyone, but then again, who would mess with him after the reputation he built up? It was annoying how people talked. It's human instinct to socialize, which is fine, but it's different with gossiping. Gossiping is sticking your nose into business that doesn't belong and trying to be apart of something that you're not. Humans have the natural want to be accepted, to be loved and admired by people, and they think that talking negatively about other people will make them seem better, it makes people think that at least they aren't like them. If I don't act or look like that, that means I'm better than them.

Liam suddenly found himself at the plaza, stopping in his tracks and trying to grab his bearings. He had been too lost in his thoughts that he just kept walking. Looking around, he spotted the girl that he was looking for. Black hair and cold eyes that he had come to know far too well.

Taking steady steps, he planted himself in front of her and the few words he needed to say escaped from his mouth, "What are we doing?"

Svadilfari Svadilfari
sorry for the bad post! just trying to get something out before thanksgiving.

code by pasta

Wake and bake; that is the starting order of Hope's day. Before breakfast, brushing her teeth, and sometimes getting out of bed, Hope rolls a joint and braces herself for the stress of the day; of any day. Miriam, her aunt and legal guardian, was well aware of what the smell was, but she had a policy to just not ask questions in order to avoid Hope in the mornings. It's not so much that Hope wasn't a morning person, more like Miriam just wasn't a people-person.

Or just not a Hope-person.

So she wakes and bakes, and her routine could begin. Putting piercings in every hole, wearing a loose t-shirt, torn up skinny jeans that have certainly seen better days, and some flight deck boots in need of new zippers. Once her hair was appropriately tousled she was out the door without a single word to Miriam as she got ready for work. 'Final day...' Hope thought, 'just have to make it through today.' Hope was known to be tardy, but she was threatened with expulsion if she didn't spend today in school. Was she going to be in every class? Probably not, but that's all on how she feels throughout the day.

It was a brisk walk from Miriam's low income shack to the school, and being that Miriam threw out Hope's only jacket, she faced the cold the whole way, trying to stay warm with a cigarette. The straightest shot to the school from Miriam's was to jump the fence and walk across the field, but two familiar faces slowed Hope's shivering gait to a gentle halt. "Yo, Halliday, did I do that?" she smirked at him.

Svadilfari Svadilfari goliah goliah

Last edited:
450full-kim-director.jpg

proxy_form.cgi

The morning started as usual for Ophelia..quiet and cool with soft music playing in the background as she awoke with dull light peaking through her thick curtains. The Cranberries lead singer sang sullenly almost to match how she felt about today. She sighed and gently flipped her black comforter off her body and shivered as the chilled air creeped its why through her skin and into her bones.
"Jesus"
She rubbed her arms, her long black hair a mess around her shoulders that showed the midnight blue streaks well. As she stretched her pale body with a relieved sigh she stood up and began to prepare for the day, which was also on routine as usual. Pick out an outfit, light the white candle that sat on her dresser next to a picture of her and her parents, brush her hair and teeth, get dressed, eat, have some tea and then look herself over in the mirror once more. What looked back in the reflection was Ophelias own black clad twin. She leaned forward and fixed a smudge of black eyeliner on her right eye.
"All good.."
She winked at herself and smiled gently as she went back to her bedroom and blew out the candle.
"See you when I get home"
She touched the picture gently before grabbing her bag from her desk chair. Her old pair of black pointy boots tapped gently on her carpeted hallway, the same carpet her grandparents never wanted to change out despite its worn color. As she descended the short stairs to the bottom portion of the house she grabbed her car keys from the hook hanging on the wall where her grandfather had always kept them.

Ophelia braced herself as she grabbed the door knob with a gloved hand, her pale fingers peaking out of the finger less holes and tapping the knob gently.
"Lets get this day over with.."
Her icy blue peaking out from under her black lashes as she opened the door and squinted at the bright light that greeted her. And beyond the light in her driveway sat her grandparents old '58 Chevy Impala that they had left for her. She turned and locked the door behind her and turned towards the cars sleek black body and admired it as she usually did as it was still her favorite things of hers that they had left and she in turn took care of it as best she could.

Climbing into the drivers side and starting it up the song Whats Up by 4 Non Blondes came on and played loudly in her car as she started down her driveway and onto the road towards her school. Only when she was alone could she be like this as she smirked and sang loudly as her car zoomed down the solitude road on the outskirts of town.
Eventually she came to the main student parking lot near the bike racks for those who rode to school, turning her music down and shutting her car off as she swung her legs out of her car. Her black and grey knee high socks showing under her knee length black cotton skirt that complimented and worked with the black long sleeved cardigan and her The Cure t-shirt. She flung her leather shoulder bag onto her left side, locking her car and continued for the Hallways.
There she saw Aya ahead of her, making her pick up her speed as she weaved past people.
"Hey..Aya.."
Ophelia glanced down and noticed her skirt.
"Hey what happened there? Your skirts dirty.."

Miigwan went through her daily routine that consisted of waking up early, making breakfast for her and her Kookum, then getting ready for the day. After that of course came leaving, saying bye to her Kookum before dressing in warm clothing and mentally preparing herself for the walk to school in the cold. Miigwan had yet to get her drivers license, and the only car her family owned was an old ratty one that only her father knew how to work it. So the only option was walking for 99% of the year, the other 1% being the rare occasions when her father is home. Today was not one of those 1% days.

After a long walk in the cold Miigwan rushed inside to the heat of the school. Miigwan noticed that Abi and Zula were not here yet, or were skipping/sick (friends mentioned in CS). Miigwan made her ways to her locker, smiling to her peers as she passed them. As she reached it, she noticed Bentley and Eleisya both at their lockers. Miigwan sent them both a friendly wave before going over to her locker, which was on the opposite side of the hall as Eleisya's, and got ready for the day.

Once Miigwan acquired her stuff she decided to talk with Bentley and Eleisya because her other friends were not here yet. Making her way over to the two she greeted them with a smile, "Hey guys. You excited for winter break? Got any big plans?" she asked them cheerfully.

Svadilfari Svadilfari Elowyn Elowyn

Eleisya Yates-Wycommin
before class ∙ lockers ∙ Miigwan, Bentley

Eleisya was about to shut her locker when Miigwan walked up and gave a cheery greeting. When asked the question about winter break activities, Eleisya thought for a moment, then answered: "I'm going to be reading Wuthering Heights and James Bank* over break. And my grandparents on my mother's side are coming over to see how we've been doing. It's fairly rare for them to make a trip over, but they've been worried ever since father--" Abruptly, she broke off, concerned that she may already have spoken too much. The girl took a breath. "Nothing special, no." She closed her locker carefully, conscientiously, and waited for either Ben or Miigwan to respond.

Inside, she was secretly praying that the girl would remember that her birthday would be over winter break on the 23rd of December. She was a winter baby. Star sign: capricorn. Not that she took old wives' tales into account when making life decisions. Regarding life decisions... She read a lot. Like, a lot of books. Classics, mostly. But when it came to books she could trust, there were only a handful (one might note how astoundingly similar she treated books and friends). Eleisya knew that only the Word of God was entirely trustworthy. And that's how she tried to live her life.

[*fictitious author]

template by astraea ∙ seasonedcat seasonedcat Svadilfari Svadilfari ∙ beware hidden scrolling

budhayanti-script.regular.png

plaza baked madeline
there was consistently an odd sort of symmetry to mornings in the bennett household. fatimah would rise, pad her feet to the bedroom directly perpendicular to her own, and would press her lips gently to the forehead of her father. she'd make sure there was a cup of water beside his bed and the proper number of pills were placed beside it, before crossing into another bedroom where she'd make a dramatic drop onto two little kids' beds. they'd whine and she'd laugh, and then she'd go make breakfast. it was kind of therapeutic, the predictability.

and, for the most part, today was no different.

she tended to her father and (lovingly) bullied her younger siblings, made food, packed bags. she filled her favorite ceramic mug with a fat wad of bubblegum and a sugary concoction that may have once been coffee. but with every action she made, every step she took, every tick of the clock, her body thrummed with increasing levels of excitement. with every bone in her body, she knew today was going to be a great day, for reasons beyond the impending freedom of winter break.

she left the house with a bounce in her step.

the drive to school was, as normal, not very long. she bobbed her head along to the music she played, curls bouncing rhythmically as she pulled into school and took a parking place. she hopped out of her car with fervor, yellow vans hitting the pavement with an equally enthused thump. she slung her bag over her shoulder and proceeded to make her way to the plaza.

nearly instantly, her eyes fell upon two gorgeously serious teens, and a smile spread wide across her face. she picked up her pace, and in a very friendly and absolutely not aggressive fashion, came up beside them.

"well, look at this! two babes in one spot? lucky me, right?" she beamed at madeline and liam, assessing the looks upon each of their faces with a leveled curiosity. "what's the matter? i mean, you both typically have these dumb sexy expressionless like, sculpted marble faces, but today you look like you've seen your gramma with her ass out or some shit. come on, lighten up a bit? you look like depression-era art or whatever." she wrinkled her nose at them, pouting.

funny? probably not! annoying? most definitely! this was a real shit post y'all my bad. at least i linked a bop right
Corgi Corgi Svadilfari Svadilfari

helene boehler

"Wake up, Lena!"

Two small children, a boy and a girl, yelled playfully at Helene, startling her from her peaceful sleep. They were staring at her and grinning from ear to ear as their sister groaned in annoyance. They couldn't have been older than 9, both of them having dark brown hair and large brown eyes like their sister.

It was how she was woken up every morning, so it shouldn't have come as a surprise to her. Helene was a self-proclaimed "night owl" who would stay up long hours and sleep in for as long as she could with the little time she had. Of course, this time was usually spent with her writing or on the guitar - and in some rare cases, catching up on homework.

Now that she couldn't go back to sleep, she had no choice but to start her daily routine. It was nothing special, just her usual showering, toothbrushing, and hair combing. It was cold outside, at least to her, so she wore a cream-colored knit cardigan over a dark brown tunic top, black leggings, and brown knee-high suede boots. She didn't wear much jewelry, and if she did, she would wear small earrings, or the septum piercing that her mother highly disapproved. Helene decided not to wear it that day; she just felt like leaving it off.

Like most days, her father wasn't home. Though she knew he wouldn't be; he was gone on a business trip. Helene wasn't much of a breakfast person and didn't feel like eating, but of course, her mother would tell her to, knowing she would get hungry throughout the day. She just took a plain bagel with her, holding it in her mouth as she fidgeted with her backpack for a few minutes, trying to put it on her pack but then holding it in the crook of her arm.

After successfully decided how she was going to hold that backpack, she kissed her mother on the cheek before heading out the door. Helene drove to school in her 2008 Honda Accord, a used car that her parents had bought her. They weren't going to buy their daughter an expensive 2017 model car despite having enough money to do so. She would have to earn that herself, not that she wasn't happy with her subtle grey Honda. She parked, got out, and walked into the school, hoping it would just be a normal end-of-the-semester day, despite the Blood Moon Party being held.

Of course, it wasn't. Helene was greeted with loud whispers of gossip and chit-chat. She thought it would be about the party, but it was about the Oxen specifically. Mostly Jax, for whatever reason. It made her very curious and somewhat confused since she had been out-of-the-loop, just arriving at the school moments before. She walked to the Lockers and saw Bentley, another Oxen member. Helene had considered Ben to be an acquaintance and one of the friendlier Oxen. Not that the all the others were mean or antisocial, but he just seemed to be the most approachable one.

She also saw Eleisya and Miigwan. She smiled at both of them as she approached the group. Helene had never been an outgoing person, not initially at least, but the three seemed approachable. She had to admit that she did feel rather "small" around Eleisya, despite Helene being only a few inches shorter than her. In her own words, she "felt like an average potato" when around the girl who was so intelligent and had always been a great student. Miigwan felt very comfortable to be around, her upbeat personality sending "good vibes" wherever she went.

"Hey guys. Hope I'm not butting in or anything," Helene said in a tone that oozed with nonchalance. She smiled in her signature grin and looked towards Miigwan, who had asked if they had any plans. "Well, I am going to see family in Hamburg, though I think that's about it," she shrugged, looking at around before looking back at each one of them. "By the way, does anyone have any idea why there's so much chatter around here? I mean, I know there always is, but today it seems pretty . . . loud."

mood: mellow, curious
mentions: bentley, eleisya, miigwan
interaction: bentley, eleisya, miigwan
tags: Svadilfari Svadilfari , Elowyn Elowyn seasonedcat seasonedcat
[/b]

Jonathan McNeil

Jonathan swivelled to face the black shadow tearing through the crowd, only for it to be Ophelia. She too, looked down to Aya's skirt and noticed the mud and dirt on it. Only this time, she dared to ask about it.

For some reason, this scene folded out to Jonathan in the weirdest way. He felt that he was in the middle of a surrealist painting. On his left, a quiet, conformist girl who doesn't really bother anybody and on his right, a goth. It all seemed so strange to him. Two extremes that he never saw together, now only feet away. Maybe, it was his state of mind... panicked and blurry.

Or maybe because it was something else that was bothering him.

And that's when it hit him.

"Oh shit yeah, your skirt. Geez, what happened?" Jonathan blurted out after tuning back to the real world. He began to itch. It started on his arms, slipping and sliding between his fingers before settling and nestling in his chest. Damn. It's back again.

He swung to face the goth fully, head bowed low in shame and hands clasp together, fingers itching certain spots on his palm, "Hey Ophelia...um...er... I know it's been a while but... I really need some cigs...right now. So...yeah... I'll pay you back in...a few days or something...I dunno?"

The Darkling The Darkling

Miigwan listened to Eleisya as she talked, giving her a confused look before shrugging it off when she stopped mid sentence. She gave her a smile as shifted the books in her arms, "Wuthering Heights you say? Is it good? I don't think I've heard of it before, but I have recently been searching for a good book. Do you think I would enjoy it?" Miigwan asked.

Miigwan turned to Lena as she approached, "Ah! No of course you are not interrupting anything! And visiting family you say? Well I do hope you enjoy it!" She said with a smile she then remembered her question, "Hmmm...You're right it has been pretty chatty around here hasn't it? But I can't think of anything really that would get them this riled up. Maybe just excited for Winter Break?"

Just as she said that she couldn't help but hear the whisper of a peer who passed by, commenting on how Jax had apparently gotten punched. This made her heart stop for a second but the smile on her face remained on her face. She did hope he was alright and that he didn't get in trouble.

Miigwan was pulled out her slight second of panic when a thought popped into her head, "Wait! Isn't your birthday over the Christmas break Eleisya?! You must have some plans for that right?" one of the perks of knowing a majority of the school she tended to find out small things like birthdays and such(also Eleisya had dropped her schedule and when she picked it up to hand it to her she had noticed the note on that day). Miigwan gave her an eager smile as she waited for a reply.

Elowyn Elowyn lavendre lavendre

Last edited:

Eleisya Yates-Wycommin
before class ∙ lockers ∙ Miigwan, Helene, Bentley

Turning to face Miigwan more fully, Eleisya started, "Oh yes, Wuthering Heights is a classic romance novel, the only one written by Bronte. I find the writing style rather remarkable. However, it is a tragedy so do keep that in mind when evaluating whether or not it is a suitable read for you." She smiled, and not in a condescending way. Eleisya was genuinely happy when discussing books. It was a favorite pasttime of hers, to curl up by the fireplace with a nice blaze going and a cup of chamomile tea in one hand and a book in the other.

Responding to the chattiness of the halls on this last day of high school, Ellie noted that "There is a Blood Moon party hosted by the lead Ox. Perhaps that is contributing to the excitement today. Plus, this is the last day after all. I'm sure students and teachers are in high spirits today." This brought her to thinking about what her future plans were. She had already submitted and heard back from a few choice colleges within the States. In the end her choice was to go to a smaller liberal arts school in a small town, away from a lot of the noise and bustle of cities. Plus, it boasted a grand library with a signature collection of books from the early 1600s which piqued her interest. Eleisya-- unsurprisingly-- dreamed of being a librarian someday. And a collector of antique books.

While musing on her future, she didn't hear the nearby students murmuring about the fiasco outside. Moreover, she decided to ignore this incident in her explanation as she felt there was no need to mention the obvious.

It was only when the first girl mentioned her birthday did she come out of her slight reverie. Her eyebrows lifted a pinch and she replied, "Well yes, it is. I'm surprised you know." Then she softened. "Thank you for remembering."

template by astraea ∙ seasonedcat seasonedcat lavendre lavendre Svadilfari Svadilfari

Last edited:
450full-kim-director.jpg

proxy_form.cgi

Ophelia hadnt been paying attention to the fact that Jonathan had been close by since she had been focusing on her friends clothing dilemma at the moment. But his words caught her attention as she sighed quietly.
"You say that every time Jonathan..its not an issue ok? Gimme a sec"
She smiled though it was a little halfheartedly. She got the sense that his addiction was a bit more hard on him than hers, since she couldnt quite help smoking as much as she told herself that she could stop any day.
She dipped her hand into a small hidden pocket in her cardigan where she kept a a little silver container with an ankh on it. And inside is where she held her smokes.
"Here.."
She quickly busted out two of them and in a swift concealed motion handed them over to him.
"Its the last day right? Wont be around to bum off me so think of it as a parting gift"
She chuckled and put her container back, glancing at Aya knowing this wasnt something she was ok with but thankful that she didnt seem to care to badly about her bad habit. Her eyes quickly glanced around the halls to be sure no teachers had been around. Teachers didnt give a shit if they were of age or not, especially since the last time they caught her with cigarettes and they had to call in her grandma to come scold her and instead the principle got an earful about how she had caught him smoking under the bleachers when they had been school so had no room to judge Ophelia.
The memory made her smile more sincere as she leaned against the lockers.
"Just dont get caught with them"
Eshspoyeofdoom Eshspoyeofdoom Svadilfari Svadilfari

Jonathan McNeil

Jonathan took the smokes and put his hand together in thanks, before reaching into his pocket for a single match.

"I'm 18 and besides, it's not like the teachers are gonna care," he mumbled as he lit the match, then his cigarette. He closed his eyes took a long puff in the middle of the hallway. Maybe it was just imagination but the tobacco seemed to calm him a bit, his itching faded and his mind slowed down. He slowly forgot about Jax, he probably got caught up in a fight or something, the usual bullcrap he got himself into everyday.

He slowly opened his eyes and looked back at Ophelia, "Don't worry, if I'm caught I won't rat you out. I'm not that sorta person." He threw the match onto the floor and stepped onto it, "This was meant for the Party tonight, there was a rumour that there were gonna be fireworks so I brought one just in case. Speaking about the Party, are you coming?"

The Darkling The Darkling

Users who are viewing this thread

Back