• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Blood from a Stone - OOC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Out of character discussion for Blood from a Stone. Please use this thread to ask questions about the RP while it's under construction.

A couple notes about the RP -
  • You don't need to know any Spanish to enjoy the RP.
  • You also don't need character images.
  • This is a totally fictional world, not an alternate timeline.
  • But the RP is definitely set ambiguously near the 1910s, in a land that resembles certain South American territories, with a war that may or may not be on the verge of breaking out. A large war. A great war, even. One that could involve most of the political world. Perhaps a worldwide war?
  • I hope you like destroying corrupt corporations.

I like destroying corporations as well. Though Id also be down to play like someone working for rbe big evil companies kinda like the Turks from FF7. Either way. 🤷

Now that it's daytime.... yikes, I have so much to fix!

No one has said anything since Sunday - did this die while I was at work?

Not at all, I'm just waiting for more information about destroying corporations and making characters that will destroy corporations.

Last edited:
i am here

fae.gif

The Goat deity pulled me in. I have converted to the religion that beholds La Cabra as the one and only. As a follower perhaps I can be called una nina? I await on further notes for this rp.

Wow, finally found this thread. I think I might have been holding my map upside down this whole time. Hope everyone is doing well!

I really appreciate all the interest ❤

I've currently got about six tabs open, mainly having to do with Incan culture, history of railroads and how to drill for oil, and a couple TvTropes pages so I can avoid some stereotypes and get a handle on what a fantasy world based on nothern South America might look like prior to the events of the RP.

I'm also researching alchemy - I know I compared this RP to Full Metal Alchemist because of the timeline and technology level, but since this is a low fantasy setting, I'm interested in magic systems that don't necessarily revolve around casting spells through verbal chants or willpower like we often see.

A few technology notes from my research - given the relative time period (1900-1910), we probably have the following technology:
  • Steam and wind turbines (we start seeing modern versions in the 1880s)
  • Diesel engines (internal combustion)
  • Steam engines (external combustion)
  • Electrified rail systems (in more developed/richer areas)
  • Electric trams, which, I completely forgot trams were a thing
  • Hot air ballons
  • Airships/dirigibles/zeppelins
  • War kites (???!??!!?)
  • Gatling and Maxim guns
  • Self-loading rifles
Technology that doesn't yet exist but is probably being developed in-character. or may be considered high(ish) tech within the RP:
  • Early jet turbines
  • Tanks
  • Diesel trains - I guess the engines aren't quite small enough yet? idk.
  • Biplanes
I'll cut this post off here - basically, the RP takes place a decade before WW1, and this world's version of WW1 might occur within the RP depending on who your characters piss off first. Next time I go into the research hole, it'll probably be for medicine or civil engineering (I'm curious to see if we can plausibly work in a sewer fight scene reminiscent of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and also perhaps the possibility of Indigo-afflicted wildlife for actual monster mutant turtles). I believe this is around the time period we start seeing antibiotics, and I think tuberculosis is still a thing.

Looking forward to seeing any trivia or research that players would like to contribute! And as always, it's a fantasy world in an Earthlike not not-Earth setting, so it'll be fine if we fudge some details.

The time period we are going for had a lot of scientific discoveries going on at once, hence the industrial revolution. I can try and look into more specific medical and scientific discoveries that could be integrated. Just trying to contribute something, anything, really. I want to be helpful.

Fuck yeah war kites!!

I believe this is around the time period we start seeing antibiotics, and I think tuberculosis is still a thing.
The early 1900s were when we actually started to have means to fight tb! Transmission from cows decreased due to pasteurization becoming a thing, and a vaccine was developed in 1906.

Also looking this up taught me that tb could pass from humans to cows via milk which. Thanks! I hate it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back