• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Blood and Rust -- OoC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

MythyDW

Five Thousand Club
\\RULES//
\\ Keep it respectful - if there are disagreements, please handle them civilly //
\\ Please refrain from discussions including IRL politics, religion, and other hot-topics //
\\ Follow RPN rules, of course //
\\ Have fun, but try not to detract from others fun! //

Panama City. Once part of the Central American Coalition, the "Canal City" was one of the first targets struck in the invasion of the CAC. The NAL - North American League - attacked with such speed and ferocity that the city had no choice but to surrender control lest the people be forfeit. Since then, the people of Panama City have been struggling to survive under NAL wartime taxes, and many have taken to fighting back.

The CAC itself is embattled against both the NAL and the CSA - Coalition of South America -who have each been striking at targets that would improve their stance in the war against one another. It is a desperate struggle that sees much sacrifice - and it means that Panama is not going to get help any time soon.

Occupied by the NAL, attacked by the CSA, the people of Panama must stand together and push back the invaders - or their way of life may be lost forever.

AU Information

Panama City Population: ~690,000

Panama City Commerce: Canal is main draw, other commercial and industrial interests in equal measure. Prosperous but not "rich".

General Panama Environment: Tropical Forests (humid, mountain, and dry) + freshwater wetlands

Political Climate Pre-Invasion: Progressive, Advancing Social Issues with a minor focus on Military​

Last edited:
It doesn't sound impossible. May help to have some other knowledge on my (GM) side, and might be easier to simulate coordination or lack thereof, depending on the actions of the player.

I may also ask you to run a protagonist, though. Specifics can be worked out. but what I see maybe working is we work on troop actions together, and I post it all. Keep everything in one place and such. If that makes sense.

It does make sense. And I got it.

I can control the enemy and make them fight well or badly, depending on the difficulty of the story. Of the enemy, I can control them from the individual soldier, to the platoon level and maybe even at the division level. The suggestions I offer to you will be interpreted as advice, and not as a final decision. It means that I can go on playing tactician, making brilliant maneuvers or poor plays, but you're the one with authority here.

I offer this to you so I can be of some service to the players here. I hope this works out so as to improve the experience here and maybe even give the players a run for their money. If not, well, I can stick around as a character and I'll advance the story as best I can.

And upon your request I can give you some tips that I think will help. Maybe I can find actual tactics used in combat. Or books and other media on the subject. There may be even games out there that will excite your interest.

It does make sense. And I got it.

I can control the enemy and make them fight well or badly, depending on the difficulty of the story. Of the enemy, I can control them from the individual soldier, to the platoon level and maybe even at the division level. The suggestions I offer to you will be interpreted as advice, and not as a final decision. It means that I can go on playing tactician, making brilliant maneuvers or poor plays, but you're the one with authority here.

I offer this to you so I can be of some service to the players here. I hope this works out so as to improve the experience here and maybe even give the players a run for their money. If not, well, I can stick around as a character and I'll advance the story as best I can.

And upon your request I can give you some tips that I think will help. Maybe I can find actual tactics used in combat. Or books and other media on the subject. There may be even games out there that will excite your interest.

Understood. If you use Discord, I would like to hold the discussions there (in a private channel within the server, perhaps) since it's a bit faster and smoother.

----

I also got the character sheet up!

Understood. If you use Discord, I would like to hold the discussions there (in a private channel within the server, perhaps) since it's a bit faster and smoother.

----

I also got the character sheet up!

I prefer discussions here on RPnation. It keeps all my work here on one site.

I'll go now, there's something I have to do. I'll think of a character while I'm out.

Bye.

AU Information Transcribed from Discord

Panama City Population: ~690,000

Panama City Commerce: Canal is main draw, other commercial and industrial interests in equal measure. Prosperous but not "rich".

General Panama Environment: Tropical Forests (humid, mountain, and dry) + freshwater wetlands

Political Climate Pre-Invasion: Progressive, Advancing Social Issues with a minor focus on Military​

As well, I had an idea of using a simple "roll over" d100 (percentile) resolution system. Like if you try something risky, you have XX% chance of success. And if you fail, you may raise alert level while still succeeding, for example. Thoughts?

yeah, so i have the starts of my character in the CS thread. But its a big WIP atm. Dunno where to go with her rn

yeah, so i have the starts of my character in the CS thread. But its a big WIP atm. Dunno where to go with her rn
Worst case, just have neither and build it in-rp. Sometimes that's just best to do.

Any thoughts on the proposed rolling?

As well, I had an idea of using a simple "roll over" d100 (percentile) resolution system. Like if you try something risky, you have XX% chance of success. And if you fail, you may raise alert level while still succeeding, for example. Thoughts?
I mean you know me I tend to lean towards minimal dice but since we are supposed to be a sneaky resistance I guess that could be appropriate.

Bronco Bronco Sylvio Sylvio Tuska Tuska Loki777 Loki777 Historical Storyteller Historical Storyteller Murdergurl Murdergurl

Anyone have Character concepts, need questions answered to make one, have any general questions?

I have one question.

Does Panama City have a militia or a military of its own?

Well, I thought it over and I can't see anything wrong with this. I'm for it.

Mythy, I'm sorry to break this to you all of a sudden but I have to tell you this. I've got another story going on and I have over three books to read. I thought I could manage it, but I can't. I find that I simply can't concentrate on two stories at the same time! My folks are waiting for me to get a story ready and I don't want to disappoint. I'm sorry again for getting your hopes up. I had to tell you as early as possible, as soon as the realization hit me. Forgive me!

I won't leave you without resources.

I have this book on guerrilla warfare called Total Resistance. It may help.

There's also this old TV series set in WW2 France. It is one of the best stories ever made.

Again, I apologize. I hate to say this, but I just got overwhelmed with the amount of work set before me. I have to concentrate on my story or I will go crazy with my commitments all over the place.

EDIT: Well, I also have another war series and this time it contains naval warfare. If you show interest in naval affairs, it may help you.

Last edited:
Any thoughts on the proposed rolling?
I only have negative feedback when it comes to system stuff... but it's been very rule and stat heavy stuff that I've tried.
How would you allocate the rolls to actions? Like, you can't just have a one-roll-fits all for every action. And I'd imagine that the different characters should have different chances of success depending on their backgrounds and skillsets.

I only have negative feedback when it comes to system stuff... but it's been very rule and stat heavy stuff that I've tried.
How would you allocate the rolls to actions? Like, you can't just have a one-roll-fits all for every action. And I'd imagine that the different characters should have different chances of success depending on their backgrounds and skillsets.

That's true. It'd be based somewhat on logic, action, and character. Like, say you're trying to get through a door and the characters who are there are a muscle and a sneak. Characters could lockpick or force the door.

Sneak could Lockpick the door with an [80%] chance of success, break down the door with [45%]
Muscle could Lockpick the door with [30%] and break down the door with still [45%]

Keep in mind that a failure does not necessarily mean that the action does not occur. A failed door pick for the sneak could just mean the pick breaks as the door opens, whereas the muscle might break the lock. Breaking down the door might never fail to open the door, but since it's loud there's gonna be an equal chance in either case that the sound is moticed.

Does that make sense?

It has been a week and nothing much has happened.

If this story is still in effect, I'd like to join, and I'd also like to fulfill my previous offers. I'd like to control some of the enemy and use proper tactics. And hey, maybe I can also take a look into the story and add something to it. How about it, Mythy? Why don't you call in the others? There's just a few of us here, or its just you and me, but we can scrounge out something can't we?

I suggest we take a map of Panama City, or at least that of Panama, so we can figure out where we are.

I'd also like a list of occupation troops, outposts and forts in the area. Those are potential military targets.

And I'd also like to ask permission if I could control a squad or platoon of infantry and see what I could do with it. It would at least push the story forward if there were to be a firefight in the city.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back