• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Blizen and New Beginnings

DarthMillicent

Doesn’t Play Straight Dudes Romantically
Star Wars AU with Lucyfer Lucyfer

• Name: Neria Tarkin
    Occupation: Governor of Eriadu, Senator of Eriadu, Imperatrix of the Seswenna Sector
    Home World: Eriadu, Seswenna Sector, Outer Rim Territories

Family: June and Jova Tarkin, grandparents, deceased.
    Wilhuff Tarkin, cousin, deceased.
    Beatrix and Rivoche Tarkin, parents, deceased.
    Ranulph Tarkin, uncle, alive.
    Emilio Tarkin, cousin, alive.
    Demetri Tarkin, cousin, alive.

Appearance: Neria Tarkin stands at 5’9”, with fair skin that is speckled with freckles, and a few notable scars, though those are usually covered. She is lean, tight muscles, and a gaunt appearance in the face. She has copper hair that falls in slight waves to nearly mid-back, and pale blue eyes. Tends to dress as an Imperial, sticking to black or white hues more than anything else – unless she’s in the Carrion Plateau.

History: Born to Rivoche and Beatrix Tarkin, from the line of Jova, when Jova realized that Wilhuff Tarkin would never have any heirs, and deciding he didn’t care much to imagine Eriadu in the hands of the other Tarkin branch. He left behind the Carrion Plateau for the “greater good”, and while his relationship with June was not warm, and more dutiful than anything, it was not uncaring. His relationship with his granddaughter was far warmer, although one could claim it was because he was already losing his mind by then.

He had two sons, Ranulph and Rivoche. He had no others, and was lucky that all survived the Carrion challenge. Rivoche, though he had children besides Neria, was not so lucky – only Neria of his children survived, and that broke his wife, Beatrix. Each death in the Carrion Plateau was a stab to her heart, until the last…they found Beatrix dead the next morning.

Rivoche himself would not make it to old age. When Senator Organa was outed as the daughter of Darth Vader, surprising everyone, he stood at her side and defended her. He would later be assassinated for it by his own political party – Neria would find out exactly who was behind it through her connections to Agent Terex, when she rose up to take his place. Ranulph preferred not to rise, and would have gone to live in the Carrion as Jova once had, if the option was available.

As it was, he had to stay on as the right-hand to Neria.

Leia’s political career was shot, and Neria’s was the next target given her own support of Leia, but she rode the wave of being related to Wilhuff Tarkin far easier, and gained plenty of allies – and plenty of wary watchers. It was that which caused the advice to slip into her ears – not to be on Hosnian Prime on a certain day. She took the advice.

And she was horrified with what happened, but she did not immediately declare war on the First Order. That would have been foolish when she’d rather surprise them, and those actions led to her beginning to have a conversation with General Armitage Hux, who became aware of two things:
    • Neria Tarkin had an army she had been hiding, and she had built it up “legally” using old Imperial edicts that the New Republic forgot about.
    • Neria Tarkin had not sided with anyone.
    Obviously, the name Tarkin would have power, and draw more to their side, and Neria played with Hux a bit, drawing out more and more of his bitterness towards the Force-sensitives who ran his life. She dropped hints of how it didn’t have to be that way, of how she had people researching Clone War technology to hinder the Force, and suggested a meeting on Spira where he could see the fruits of that research. Perhaps give it a test run.

It was more a ruse than anything.

Neria had him captured, and used ex-Agent Terex to inform her of a Resistance base.

She and Leia were long overdue for a meeting, and what better gift than the General of the First Order?

Levi couldn’t decide which she disliked more… Randomly floating about in space or Blizen’s frigid temperatures. At least on a shuttle, no matter where they were in the Galaxy, she could dress comfortably and not want to cry every time she stepped away from a fire. Most of the previous base’s infrastructure was portable by design, so settling on the new planet hadn’t been too hard. Finding clothing for all of the base’s inhabitants was another journey, but after almost a month things were finally falling into place. Thankfully for Levi, she was always surrounded by the Rebellion’s most versatile and excitable members, it’s children. The children had helped Levi settle in to her new life much faster than she would have on her own. They saw the new landscape as something to be explored.

Exploring was what they mostly did. Levi would take the children on little excursions in order to not only immense them in the new culture, but to keep them a bit away from the reality they were all facing. The adults of the base were currently dealing with some heavy issues and that just wasn’t a child’s place. Levi wanted to keep them innocent as long as she could. As a group she would take the children, eight of them between ages four and twelve, around their new home and it’s surroundings. Some days they climbed rocks, others they had scavenger hunts. All and all, things were doing alright for the time being.

The hardest thing for Levi currently, was keeping herself both in and out of the political workings going on around her. She always wanted to stay knowledgeable with Resistance happenings, but she made sure not to let herself get to close. There had been talks about some soldier of one sort or another defecting the First Order and joining them, but that was about all she knew. She knew how busy things would be with something like that happening, which is why she hadn’t bothered to bring up the need for new school supplies for the children to the council yet.

——-

All around the new base everyone was doing their best to continue their mission and also help everyone settle in. For Poe Dameron the move was a bit of a hassle. This was mostly do to the fact that he was on supply duty for the past few weeks. The Resistance was too weak without a strong base to launch any new attacks and without his supply runs they would never be able to build themselves back up…. But it was boring. Sure, he got to fly and command his squadron, but it was only around the planet and it’s outliers to find food and building material. Poe would do whatever it took to support the cause, but he was itching to get back out there and show the First Order who was boss.

“Can you try not to clip the X-Wings, Governor?”

The bored voice came from a pink twi’lek that sat at the co-pilot’s seat as a human woman steered an invisible ship towards the base recently discovered by drones to be one where the Resistance was rebuilding. The icy world could only make the Governor of Eriadu think of Hoth and the original Rebel Alliance’s retreat to it.

That, and mocoa, and iced caf, but she was hardly going to mention those frivolities when there were far more important things coming up. “You can hardly blame me – it’s amusing to see how my stealth technology still outpaces the Resistance and the First Order.”

The other woman sighed, her green eyes focusing ahead, “Are you planning to hail them, or are we simply going to accept that as soon as we land in their open hangar, we’re going to have blasters pointed at us.”

“You know me so well, Vera.” A teasing smile played across the copper-haired woman’s lips, as she steered her ship towards the open doors, noting a group of children outside as she swept into it, disturbing the ground and blowing up snow, even if no one could quite see what caused it. “Go check on the General, would you? I’ll handle the rebels.”

“I hope he’s still asleep.” Vera pushed herself out of the co-pilot’s chair as Governor Tarkin settled her ship into an open space, the stealth factor immediately dying away, revealing a shining, silver ship of Nabooese design right in the middle of the Resistance hangar.

Needless to say, the reaction was immediate, crates dropped and orange-suited pilots scurrying to alert others about the situation.

A request came through immediately, and she patched it through, “Identify yourself immediately!” The voice on the other line demanded.

“Governor Neria Tarkin of Eriadu, here to see Princess Leia—”

“—it’s General—”

“—Organa, and the New Republic does not recognize her status as General. She remains a rebel and vigilante and the New Republic does not condone her behavior. Now I’m going to step out, and someone higher up on the chain than you is going to come speak with me, and I’ll tell you all about the gift I’ve brought.” She clicked the comm off, and gathered herself, rising from her own seat.

It had been a risk, but the risk certainly felt worth it.

The woman did as she had stated, and walked out of her ship, dressed in slick blacks that spoke of the Galactic Empire.

~***~

Within the vessel known to Armitage Hux as the Orrineswa, his consciousness began to return, and with it, a headache to rival any he’d had before.

“I do apologize, General Hux.”

The last words he recalled, before he realized he had been poisoned. He had expected to die then, but awoke instead to find his hands in shackles, along with his ankles. He was about to try and testing these out, when an all-too familiar woman stepped into his sight. His blue eyes hardened immediately on her, but he didn’t speak.

He wouldn’t dignify her existence with a question, or a visible show of confusion.

“Need some help getting to your feet, General?”

Armitage hesitated in answering, and shifted his weight forward, knees bending. He was able to pull himself up to his feet on his own, and the twi’lek clapped her hands together once, “Oh good, I didn’t want to have to pull you up. How’s your head?”

“What concern is it to you?” He finally spat, “What is going on? Where am I?” His desire for answers outweighed further desire to retain the illusion that he understood things.

“Wellllll, long story short, Governor Tarkin likes dramatics and she knew she wasn’t going to get an audience with General Organa easily – family history and all that – so she thought she’d save your ass from the First Order and bring you to the Resistance.”

“Save m—I hate the Resistance!”

“Not as much as you hate Kylo Ren and how he’s fucking it all up, I bet. Come on, to the door. We’re not going to expose you to any blasters just yet.” Had to make sure the Governor had things situated and wasn’t about to get shot for her ‘drama’. When Armitage didn’t move, Vera reached forward and grabbed the chain between his cuffed hands, and pulled him forward.

He managed not to stagger, but he was clearly unhappy with being forced along. And certainly unhappy to be meeting the Resistance in such a state – a hostage, all mussed up.

“You see when we-“ Levi was cut off by a chorus of squeals. The children that had previously been paying attention to her were now all staring, eyes and mouths wide open, in the direction of a large ship that seemingly came out of nowhere. The youngest child, a little girl with bright blonde hair, tugged at the sleeve of Levi’s jacket. “Can we go see it?” She asked, big eyes staring up at Levi sweetly.

Levi let out a sigh and scooped the little girl into her arms. There goes today’s lesson on Blizen’s mineral deposits... She knew the children wouldn’t focus now. They could barley focus when one of the traditional ships landed. They always wanted to look at it, look at what it was carrying. It hadn’t always been as bad, but one day Poe had brought them all cookies and now it was a lost cause.

“Alright now, everyone has to buddy up and stay close to me. We know how to behave and we don’t know what’s on that ship. Yes?” Levi looked at the children as they stood around her. She was greeted by a chorus of yes’s. The children each took a hold of their buddies hand and stood before her in a neat line. She continued to hold the littlest girl in her arms, taking the hand of the oldest as they walked.

They approached the ship slowly, being cautious of what they might find before them.

“Can we touch it?”
“Did they bring us presents?”
“What kinda ship is it anyways?”

It was not someone higher up on the chain that first approached, but a gaggle of children and someone looking after them, a blonde woman carrying one while holding the hand of the other. Neria smiled at all their curiosity. This would, at least, keep the blasters off of her.

No rebel would fire on a child.

Or risk a child.

‘Advantage.’

Neria spoke to one of the questions she caught, “This is a corvette, based on the designs of the Naboo J-Type 327 Nubian Starships, used by the royalty of Naboo.” She said, “I would advise against touching it, at least not until it’s cooled down a bit,” the stealth shields did have their impact on the temperature of the metal on the outside. “And I have brought a gift for Princess Organa. I am afraid I was uninformed about her more esteemed guests; I will have something for you all later to make up for that.”

As she spoke, Vera moved into the doorway. Children were curious creatures, and she wasn’t about to have any running in to look for the gift.

The very disgruntled gift who was glaring daggers at her. “Can you at least take off the cuffs?” He tried to demand in a hissed whisper. “I am hardly going anywhere.”

“Nope.” Vera stated simply. She knew better than that. She’d learned better than that. Vera just gave a smile to those below, and a polite nod to the woman who seemed to be handling the children, “Ma’am.” She greeted.

Not who she was expecting, but then again, they probably just caught the attention of this group.

The children huddled around the ship, dating one another to get closer to the ship and giggling happily. Levi knew they would be alright for now, and that they were occupied. Even the oldest of the bunch was ogling the ship now.

Levi looked between the two women for a moment before she was prodded by the smallest child again. “What kinda presents do you think she brought?” The little girl asked with a smile, leaning her head on Levi’s shoulder.

“Well, it’s not ours so I suppose we’ll have to wait and see right? Maybe if we’re all good we can even see the inside of her ship.” She smiled, nuzzling the little girl. Levi turned her attention to the well dressed woman beside her. “I hope you know that you’ve got nine spectators for your visit now, especially since you told them you would bring gifts. They’re going to follow you around like small animals.” She couldn’t help but laugh a bit. Compared to the woman before her, Levi looked like she hadn’t changed in a year. She had on a handmade coat that cake down to her ankles, with dirt on her in smudges. Her long hair was pulled half up into a messy braid.

Neria certainly wasn’t about to state what she had so plainly, though her brows did raise as the other woman addressed her, indicating that she would have many spectators throughout. Would Organa truly allow that? She supposed, she would see. “I am fairly used to animals,” children, as well, due to her family, but not so many, "though not so many children at once. You have a talent." None had run off or tried to get into the ship yet. Not that they'd get by Vera.

Still, she had no qualms with it, and her attention shifted as a woman with her hair in two buns strode over. She was more put-together than the other rebel, though her beige uniform was not quite as pressed. She did not look pleased with this, and she gave Levi a look that suggested she should leave the area.

She did not say as much, though, her attention snapping back to the other, “Governor Tarkin, I am Lieutenant Connix. You do understand that your actions could be taken for an act of war?”

“I do. It isn’t, but if that’s how you choose to view it, I can hardly stop you.” Her tone was unconcerned. If they intended to view it that way, they wouldn’t have sent Lieutenant Connix.

“Fortunately, we are taking into consideration your recent statements on the HoloNet and other acts through your career. General Organa is willing to meet with you, however we do need to know what you’ve brought.”

“She needs to know, and she will know.” Neria corrected, “Show me to her, and I’ll explain everything.” She glanced back to Vera, “You have things handled her?”

“Of course, Governor,” she stepped back off the ramp, “sorry kids, you’ll have to look for a tour another time.” She understood that Armitage wouldn’t be embarrassed and dragged out like this; the situation with Leia was, apparently, still too fraught to trust revealing their hand too early. Leia could still see them apprehended and keep Hux as her own prize, after all.

So she’d have to keep the ship locked up to let the Governor handle things with the Princess.

“Levi, would you make sure everyone heads in?” Connix shifted her attention briefly to the other woman. This day was about to get interesting; they had one stealth ship sneak onto base, which was not a good sign. If they were followed, or if this was a trap set by the First Order, then they had to prepare.

Levi watched quietly, trying to figure out exactly what was going on. This was clearly above her and she knew better than to stick her nose places it wasn’t supposed to be. She knew that the children would be upset, but she knew exactly how to take care of them.

Levi used her free hand to let out a loud “wolf-whistle”, alerting all of the children. They quickly turned and made their way to her side, surrounding her in a little circular mass. “Come on then, you hear the Lieutenant. Besides, it’s time for snacks.” The children were obviously upset with little pouts on their faces but they wouldn’t disagree. “And what do we say to the nice ladies for letting us see their ship?”

All of the children turned towards the new women and bowed their heads. “Thank you.” They said in choirus.

“Alright now, lets get those muddy boots off and get warm inside.” Levi waved for the children to follow her, leading the small pack inside.

Neria inclined her head to the children, the smile never wavering, until she had turned away and fell in step with Connix. Then, her expression lost any sense of warmth. They were silent as they walked through the halls, until they had reached one of the command rooms within the base, where Leia Organa waited.

Connix didn’t step in with her, but rather, shut the door right behind her and seemed quick to depart.

Governor Tarkin fixed her gaze on the older woman, across from her, only a table with a hologram projector between them, though that was off for the time being. “Tarkin.”

“Organa. Is it to just be us?” She glanced around. “I thought you preferred working with a council.”

“Unfortunately, recent developments have cut my staff short.” Poe was out with other squadrons looking for resources, Lieutenant Connix could barely stand the thought of breathing the same air as a Tarkin, and the others had their duties to tend to, being as short-staffed as they were. “So you’ll have to deal with me with no buffer.”

Neria’s lips curved in a slight smile, before it flickered, “I did hear what happened. I did not know so many of them well, but I do grieve for Amilyn with you.” As Leia’s brows started to raise, she noted, “We both had a certain fondness for nature.” Pathfinding. It was rare to find someone who could keep up with her.

“I hadn’t known,” she knew of Amilyn’s love of pathfinding, but not that she had any ties to the Tarkins.

“Well, she was rather insistent on seeing the Carrion Plateau, and I thought, crazy girl with pink hair? Sure, she’ll die in ten minutes. Then, she didn’t,” Neria shrugged her shoulders as she stepped to the table. “I am here to join the Resistance’s fight. I come alone, but my own high command has already been briefed and are in agreement. The First Order must fall. We may not see eye to eye on what shape the future government will take, but we can agree on this.”

“Yes, we can, but we can also fight this battle separately.”

“And get in each other’s way,” still, she had known Leia wouldn’t like the thought of sharing information. “I do not enjoy this any more than you do, Princess.” She saw how Leia’s expression twitched. “I have brought with me General Hux who had already been plotting usurping the First Order from Kylo Ren.”

That name drew more of a reaction. More pain. “I’m sorry,” not that she could ever fix all the tragedy that had fallen on Leia’s shoulders. “I will leave him in your custody.”

“How did you apprehend him?”

“A trick. I told him I would help him with the new Supreme Leader. You can come see for yourself.”

Leia gave a nod to that. She would need to request guards to escort him to a holding cell, but Finn and Rey shouldn’t be too far.

~***~

Lieutenant Connix traced her steps back. Tempting as it was to try and demand entrance to the ship, she instead moved to where she knew Levi would have taken the kids to get their snacks. There weren’t too many mess halls now, or places where food was stored. The base wasn’t that big, yet.

She smiled a bit to see the kids all moving about, warming up, and she strode over to where Levi was and nudged her shoulder, “Did you see anything in that ship?” She asked, still wary about what the Tarkin might have brought.

At the edge of the mess hall was a line of boots in varying sizes. Leading up to them, a line of muddy footprints, and just beyond them a pile of jackets. The children we’re sitting around a small round table, munching on some bread and giggling with one another. Levi was sitting behind them, rebraiding the youngest girl’s hair.

She poked up as she noticed the Lieutenant speaking to her. “Couldn’t see too much past Mel’s head.” She laughed softly, nodding towards the little girl who’s hair she was fixing. She tied it up before standing, making her way to the other woman’s side.

“Between us, that woman guarding the ship was talking to someone.. so either the gift can speak or they were hiding their crew.” Levi shrugged. “Can’t say much else. I was mostly watching my little lot and making sure no one burnt a hand.”

Connix wasn’t sure if that would be the end of it, but the nod from Levi suggested enough. She stepped back to allow her space to finish her task, before listening to what she had to say. Her brows shot up, “I wonder…,” she didn’t finish that thought aloud.

The only ‘gift’ that came to mind was Kylo Ren.

Ben Solo.

Yet, if it was him, certainly he would have already made it obvious. Especially if he could be talked to. He wasn’t exactly known for being peaceful or cooperating, even as a child. “I’m going to make sure that area is well-guarded, just in case,” it likely was, but she had to make sure. That door would open to reveal what was within, and if it was, somehow, Kylo Ren…they were likely in for a world of trouble.

~***~

As Connix was considering more guards, Neria and Leia were already making their way back to the ship. The ramp lowered with a signal from outside it by Neria, and Vera stepped onto the ramp, noted Leia, and gave a nod. She stepped back in to the ship, and a few seconds later, she returned – with Armitage Hux walking in front of her, arms bound in front, along with his ankles.

Leia’s eyes widened in surprise. She heard it, of course, but to see it was something else. “General Hux.”

“Princess,” he used the term as more of an insult.

Tarkin gestured him to Leia, “He’s all yours, provided you agree to begin to fill me on your plans, and allow us to work with you from this point on.” Neria offered.

It wasn’t even a question, much as Leia was loathed to help the Imperials gain more footing in the galaxy…the First Order needed to go down. “Allow me to show you to where we can put him, for now.” She’d have to figure out something for interrogation, later.

As if more things couldn’t be happening at once, two squadrons of X-wing touched down on the tarmac. Poe Dameron and his troops had made their way back to the base with plenty of supplies in hand. It was a good run, they found what they had hoped and then some.

Poe hopped out of his ship, patting the head of his trusty droid as it lowered itself to the ground. “Good run!” He called out, pulling his helmet off of his head and tucking it under his arm. He shook his hair a bit.

Poe and the droid made their way towards the main hanger. Beebee stopped first, letting out a distressed set of beeps. “What’s that, bud?” Poe asked, coming to a stop just beside the droid. His hand slowly made its way to rest on his blaster as his eyes scooped out what was going on.

“General Hugs?” Poe’s eyes widened a bit as he looked at the other man.

The single title was enough to still the entire party around the former General of the First Order, and the man immediately shot a glare in that direction, eyes landing on Poe Dameron, that hateful pilot.

Naturally, he couldn’t get out of this with any shred of dignity, “You never told me you had a Resistance lover, General Hux.”

I do not!” The thought was far too offensive to even humor, and his glared turned immediately to Tarkin, as Leia resisted the strong urge to palm her forehead and just sigh. Of course it would be Poe who showed up. Of course the impossible-to-deal-with Poe would show up now. She adored him, but sometimes…well, experience after experience filled in the ‘sometimes’.

She assessed the situation.

Connix had just popped back up in the hangar, and Finn had stopped cold, no doubt about to go run and greet Poe. Rey was absent, not a huge surprise, she was still learning how to handle the Force on her own.

It was time to dictate. “When was the last time General Hux had anything to eat?” Leia addressed the two women.

“Several hours ago. Given the poison that knocked him out, he likely needs water, at least.” Neria was honest on that much; she wasn’t trying to see Hux dead, after all.

Leia nodded. “Lieutenant Connix,” she called across the room, “Go have a meal prepared for our guest.”

“Yes, ma’am!” Connix wasted no time in heading back to the mess hall. Now she had confirmation of who it was, and she could let Levi know her suspicions were correct.

“Finn – make sure we have guards we can trust not to harm General Hux set up in the cell block,” Finn would know who could be trusted for that. He was a First Order defector himself and had figured out fairly quickly those who still mistrusted or resented him for even being a part of it. “Poe, show Hugs to a cell.”

The slight didn’t go unnoticed by Armitage. His jaw twitched, but he opted for silence this time, rather than to bare his teeth again. The twi’lek kept a firm palm on his back.

Leia needed to start working on plans, and how to go about getting information out of him, as well as learn more of what brought Hux and Tarkin into communications in the first place.

“Well well well, welcome to my neck of the woods, Red.” Pie grinned as he waltzed up to the other man and clapped his hand on his shoulder.. a bit harshly. The guy deserved it. He waved a hand over his shoulder for the Twi’Lek woman and Hux to follow him. “Come along you two, this way.”

Poe made his way deeper into the complex, Beebee-ate rolling at his heels. The droid kept taking glances at Hux, letting his distrust of the man be known via his beeps. The droid didn’t exactly hold itself back.

Poe was beaming. His smile was wide and he didn’t even care that he hadn’t stripped of his flight-suit. Getting to do this was more important than showering off or getting comfortable.

He led the pair to a set of cells they had set up for things of this nature. The cells were empty save for small cots in each. Poe swung the gate of the first open and grinned as he held out his hand. “Come on then. In you go!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back