• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

BloodWolfRising

Dame of the Moon's Darkness
Roleplay Type(s)
Life as a werewolf is hard, there is no doubt about that. Especially in these times when our race is dwindling down faster then we can reproduce. It certainly doesn't help if we start fighting amongst ourselves instead of banning together and staying strong. But we are werewolves, so we are strong and resilient, we can survive this as long as war doesn't break out between us and the humans. In order to stop that we just might have to start a war between werewolves though...​

Kelly Den - 25 - Healer - Welbriar Pack
Kelly frowned as she looked out the window of the healer's cabin. They still hadn't heard anything from their top enforcer about the Glacier Pack and none of the other packs even seemed to care. She growled to herself before standing and looking around, she needed work. Something to take her mind off of the eerie feeling that seemed to be haunting her these days. She stretched slightly before looking around the room and taking into account what herbs they needed and which ones they would need to gather before winter hit. Even though they were at the tail end of summer she wanted to be ready because something deep within her soul told her the coming winter wouldn't be kind. She headed out of the small cabin building and glanced up seeing Seth who seemed just as lost in thought as she was. Smiling up to him she waved and he waved back, "Good morning Alpha, did you sleep well?" He shrugged slightly, "I slept somewhat okay..." Kelly frowned, "Do you need me or Samatha to give you something to help you sleep?" Seth sighed shaking his head, "No, I'll be fine, where are you heading off too?" "To go get some herbs that we are running low on, also thinking of stocking up on herbs for winter, I know we have a garden for most the common but once winter hits I won't be able to grow those. So I'll be off unless you were wanting to tag along? I can give you a few simple herbs to find." Seth thought about Kelly's offer before shaking his head, "I think I'll stay here, not all of those in the pack are awake yet, figured I'd make breakfast for everyone. Well, by the time you get back you'll probably want something more around lunch." Kelly laughed slightly, "I might go hunting while I'm out, but I'll be sure to let you know."

Seth Gavrin - 28 - Alpha - Welbriar Pack
He watched Kelly head off before heading back inside and silently moving downstairs to start making breakfast for his pack. "Hm...I'm thinking pancakes, eggs, and bacon...perhaps some sausage links as well. Last time I made omelets...but I had to ask people what they wanted and that took a lot longer than anyone wanted. This way they can get a nice surprise for breakfast." His mind drifted as he worked on getting everything ready to make food. He was thinking of the Daretin Pack, when he had sent an enforcer to scout things out the report he had gotten back was disturbing. Things had gotten worse within the Daretin Pack, but it seemed like there were more wolves than there had been. Did more wolves join in agreeance with Julia's views? It was worrying to think such but he hadn't heard anything from any of the other packs for a while now. The Godlin Pack was busy moving the whole pack to a bigger house with more lands as they were expecting some pups and needed more room. Yuldino and Dermont were busy working together as they formed a partnership through their technology businesses. As for Glacier, that pack had vanished, communications with them had been few but now no one knew where they were. He sighed slightly taking his train of thought back to the task at hand, and working on the pancakes. The bacon and sausages were already on and sizzling nicely.

Helen Vant - 30 - Pack Mother - Daretin Pack
Helen rolled over in her bed staring at the ceiling as tears slid down her face, "How...strange. I feel like I had a very important dream just now but I can't remember it. This is the third time..." She laid there for only a few more minutes before sitting up and wiping the tears away. "I really wonder why this keeps happening." She yawned before getting dressed and heading out of her room, it wasn't surprising that no one else seemed to be roaming the halls just yet. She always seemed to be the first one up and about, glancing down the hall towards Julia's room she shivered slightly wondering which unfortunate soul was in her room at this point since there was a light on in there this early. She yawned once again before heading to the kitchen, it Julia was yelling at someone they'd probably be there for a while so she could grab something to eat for herself and the other omegas. She smiled softly, "Thank you whoever you are and I wish you luck..." She grabbed some stuff to make small sandwiches and a pitcher of water heading straight for the room that all the omegas were forced to stay in.

Julia Shaw - 29 - Alpha - Daretin Pack| Darren Tridale - 29 - Omega - Daretin Pack
Darren shook slightly as he was pinned against the wall, "So to what do I owe this unpleasant visit." Jul growled as she stared coldly at Darren. He had ruined her sleep and she had been having such a wonderful dream. "A-Alpha Julia... I... I am sorry to ruin your sleep but I came with a simple and small request..." Julia's brow rose a tad, "Oh yeah and what kind of request do you possibly think you can make?" She pressed her arm harder into Darren's neck as she stared at him, he once used to be a strong alpha. But now he was nothing more than a weak omega starving and answering her every beck and call. "I...I only hoped that you could ease up on those from the Glacier P-pack..." Darren's voice got weaker and weaker as Julia's face grew more twisted and cold. The pressure on his neck making it almost impossible to breathe and she knew it. He struggled to try to get free but failed to and his body was going numb, just as he was about to collapse Julia let off and slammed his body to the floor. Darren flinched as his face hit the floor and his nose made a crunching noise, tears coming to his eyes. Julia smirked as she pressed Darren's face to the floor and the smell of blood came to her nose, "You would dare to ask me to be lenient with those of your old pack? That's a pretty stupid request O-m-e-g-a..." She let up the pressure on his head and grabbed his chin pulling it towards her. "What even makes you think I would consider that when I don't even go easy on those in my pack. I have rules and those rules will be followed." She dragged a pointed nail along his cheek drawing blood and Darren shook, "I... I simply..." "You simply what? Hoped I'd take pity on your weak members, you know what I did to Helen when her daughter ran away. Though she never did break down and tell me, I suppose that's a mother's love." She chuckled before leaning in and licking the blood from his cheek her grip tightening on his chin though. "Don't you ever come to me to try and make a request again omega. Because if you do you won't leave this room alive, I'll tear out the pretty little throat of yours." She threw his face away from her, "Always keep in mind, you follow my lead you survive. It is that simple. Don't make me go out of my way to make you obey me Darren or you might find a surprise one day that starts with L." Darren's whole body froze, "You wouldn't..." Julia smirked, "Oh but I would trust me I can get to her if I really wanted." Darren shivered as Julia headed back over to her bed and threw herself in the comfy covers, "Now get out of here before I really do kill you." Darren stood on shaky legs and practically fell out of her room.

Texangamer Texangamer Maskruelty Maskruelty Cosmos Cosmos BasilOwO BasilOwO (WE are starting sorry for the delay you guys!)

Last edited:
Sheena Vant

Sheena had run away from the Darethin pack a few months ago she wanted her mother to come with her but her mother had not wanted to come because she was so afraid to come with her so she left late at night it been few months since then she had been watching the welbriar pack but she haven't known that Sheena was hungry but she didn't want to leave if she leaves to get food maybe they will know she's there. Shenna had been too scared to go to the pack so she had been watching them for a couple of days no one had noticed that she was there she been watching their every moment she had been thinking about her mum recently she had missed her and she wondered how her mom had been doing she had wished her mom had come with her Sheena had to learn how to survive on her own and blend with others wolves. BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising

Last edited:
Kane Ryland-26-Beta-Daretin Pack

The sun shone through the slits in Kane's blinds turning the black inside his eyelids into swirls of red and orange. He blinked as he opened his eyes growling as he turned from the light. He never much cared for mornings, much less another morning under the rule of "Queen Julia." Kane let out another low growl as he kicked the comforter from his legs and swung them over the side of the bed. He pressed his fingers to his eyes before blinking a few times and forcing himself to his feet. After trading his sweatpants for jeans and tossing on a T-shirt that didn't smell like death, he padded barefoot into the hallway and into the kitchen. Passing Julia's door he heard a thud, but minded his business and kept his head straight. He could smell Helen's faint scent still swirling in the kitchen and silently hoped she had avoided Julia's wrath. He rummaged through the fridge, settling on a glass of orange juice and a bowl of Cheerio's. Someone around here needed to go shopping. Kane thought their food supply looked a little lack. It could easily be his job, but that was below his stature and he refused to listen to Jul berate him for dong what she thought was up to the Omegas or those lower on the totem pole than themselves.

Violet Harrington-24-Elder-Welbriar Pack

Violet awoke to the smell of meat emanating from the kitchen. Her senses woke before her body would move. "Hmmm, breakfast," she finally managed to pull herself from the comfort of her bed, stretching slightly as she moved. Even from the reaches of the east wing where the Elder's resided she could smell the different flavors melding in the family kitchen. She pulled on her softest pair of leggings and tossed on a white tank-top before covering up with a green zip-up hoodie and padding out into the kitchen. Seth, her alpha, was hovering over the stove as she entered the kitchen. There weren't many of her pack awake yet, so it seemed. "Good morning, Alpha," Vi chirped, announcing her presence in the kitchen to her superior. "Breakfast smells fantastic," she added sliding her small frame into on of the stools at the breakfast bar.​

Kelly sighed softly as she walked through the woods, it had been about a week since she had done something like this. Then again the tensions between the Welbriar Pack and Daretin Pack had also been high and Seth hadn't let anyone leave the packhouse without someone to follow. While she could completely understand why it was bothersome when it came to collecting herbs in peace. "Besides if someone was with me besides Sam they'd likely be chatting my ear off and make me get the wrong herbs. Sam would notice and perhaps even scold me for being so sidetracked." She said with a slight chuckle. Her mind went back to their Alpha and she frowned once more, "He really should allow us to tend to him though..if he ends up lacking in too much sleep that could result in a variety of bad things..." She nodded to herself her decision having been made, he would end up with her help whether he wanted it or not. She smirked slightly, "All I need to do is get him to drink some tea with me again."

Seth smiled as Violet came into the kitcken, "Good morning Vi, grab a plate and make yourself comfy." He flipped a couple of pancakes onto a plate that was near her, "Bacon and sausage over there all ranging from well done to barely cooked." He said with a smirk, he knew some of the pack liked all the meats they ate to be on the rare side. "Oh Kelly went to look for herbs she said she would let me know if she will come to eat here. Also i was thinking about having some of the pack hunt we are running a little low on deer meat. I used up the last of the deer sausage we had." He yawned slightly as his body let him know how much sleep he needed. But he wouldn't acknowledge it, he glanced towards the stairs a few others of the pack woke up and gathered towards the smell of food.
Maskruelty Maskruelty

Ren - 18 - Omega - Daretin Pack

Ren shivered a little against the cold of the omega room from her own corner. The coming winter was making itself well known already, she was stirred from her sleep however at the sound of the door creaking open. After all the years of living in this pack as a low rank you become quickly aware of the nearby sounds, she was relieved however when instead of a higher rank coming to shove them awake and into jobs it was Helen. Although one of the newer Glacier take-ins Ren felt she could trust the older woman a lot more than most within the packs walls, getting up sleepily she quietly made her way over to the other, making sure not to wake any still asleep in the room.

"Did you sleep okay?~" Ren asked in a whisper like tone and warm smile curved onto her slightly paled lips from the cold. Though the girl was known to have a rather chipper albeit timid personality it was clear the pregnancy was taking its toll on the smaller framed young wolf, and despite her best attempts to hide it her exhaustion and minor injuries from the dominant males weren't hard to observe once up close. Ren's eyes lit up upon finally taking notice of the jug of water and packet of bread before changing quickly to concern as she looked up worried, "You shouldn't of done that- w-what if you get caught?.... You shouldn't risk yourself for us, we're just omegas...." she mumbled out with slightly furrowed brows as thoughts of punishments swirled in her head, holding one arm whilst rubbing it.

The pressure pulling the fabric under her chest upwards a little, it was a thin white singlet and ill fitting now that her pups presence in her belly were beginning to make themselves known in the form of a small yet firm bulge. She was thankful however at being giving some light grey sweat pants to wear after having been successfully mated during heat as a 'reward' they were a lot comfier than the usual hand me downs from the higher ranks.

Trying to take her mind off it she smiled once more a little and looked back up, relaxing her nervous arm rubbing behavior, "Do you need a hand making the sandwiches?" she offered, at least that way if they were caught by the alpha, they could share the blame. Or at the least that was her thoughts on it.
_________

BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising

Sheena Vant

Sheena heard her stomach growling she just looked around as she was going to look for food she needed to eat something Sheena just saw something that was brown as the thing was gathering herbs for some reason Sheena had to sneak up towards the brown thing she was thinking that it was the food she had just attacked it ane bitten its butt. Sheena looked at the brown thing as she realized what the thing was it was a wolf-like her as she was confused and hungry she had run from the wolf as she just hid in a bush growling as she was ready to attack she was thinking every wolf from the other packs were bad she didn't want to be killed or get more scars on her eye or more bruises she was afraid. BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising

Kelly Was sniffing a few herbs in her wolf form to find which herbs were the best, however she didn't anticipate something coming up behind her and biting her rump. She yelped, turning sharply to growl at whatever had just bit her. But when she turned to find nothing but heard as growl coming from a bush and paused in confusion. It smelled like a werewolf...but wilder? There really weren't many loners do to the decrease of werewolves, it was easier keeping packs. So what was a female doing out here biting her and then growling in a bush... She padded towards the bush the werewolf was hiding and sat down, "Hey? You can hear me and understand right? If so please stop growling and use words." Her tail thumped against the ground in a lazy wag, she hoped it would make her seem more friendly. Her hazel brown eyes looking into the bush as what looked to be a rather beat up young wolf, but it was hard to tell fully. She also wondered where this child had come from and how long she had been out in the wild on her own. She certainly smelled like a wild wolf, so if Kelly had to guess the child had found her way into a normal wolf pack somehow.
Texangamer Texangamer

Helen smiled at Ren, "I...slept okay. How about you guys...with winter getting closer I will try and sneak you in some more blankets. And it is fine, I don't mind risking myself for you guys if anything think of it as selfish on my part because it helps bring me warmth where cold has settled in." After Helen lost her memory of her daughter no one spoke of it, mainly due because it brought Helen a great amount of pain and she ended up in a small coma state for a few days. "As for the sandwiches, help me get them back to the room before Alpha's are up and about. You would think they would hold different standards for at least the young and pregnant wolves. After all her main goal is to grow our population back up for some reason." She whispered as she finished making the last few sandwiches. If the Alpha's ever heard her say such a thing she would face very severe punishment if not death, for slandering the way the alpha ruled.
Cosmos Cosmos

AdorableUnrulyAsianpiedstarling-max-1mb.gif
WELBRIAR WELBRIAR KITCHEN
  • BETA
  • BISEXUAL
  • CHAOTIC GOOD
  • FLORA MANIPULATION
Ever the early bird, Astrid was awake before the sun. Much like most mornings, it wasn't long before she found herself in the forest beyond the house, searching for smaller, fallen pines and dragging them back to a pile to a pile beside the back house. Today, however, was different. She had spent the last few weeks gathering logs, and this morning, after the final few additions she was ready to get to work. After pulling the logs into the backyard, and gathering some supplies, she stood before the mess of items and sized up the challenge.
~
Astrid was a simple creature who held practicality above all else. She wore what you could almost always find her in: a red-and-black flannel with the first few buttons undone to reveal a basic white tee-shirt that tucked into a pair of blue jeans with brown suspenders that grasped her shoulders. Her work boots were worn and faded, but don't pay those any mind, she'll spring for some new ones soon, just after these ones burst into flames. O'Malley's dirty blonde hair was tied back into two french braids that rested on her shoulders and sufficiently kept her hair from her eyes. It was the only way to keep her from wanting to buzz it all off on the days she worked outside - which was most days.
~
Rolling up her sleeves, and quickly getting to work, she used an ax to notch each end of the logs, getting through a good handful before her stomach started to growl. It seemed as though someone had cracked a window and the smell of breakfast had come wafting out to meet her nose. She followed the scent back into the house, dropping her ax against the log as she left. She closed the door carefully after stepping inside and followed her nose to the kitchen, her eyes fixed on the spread at the breakfast bar. "Mornin', guys." She grinned, although it was mostly at the food. She grabbed herself a napkin and used it as a plate, adding a piece of toast to the top and plucking a few toppings for it from the bar. After a few bites, she had social skills again. "How are you guys this morning?" The grin was more genuine this time, although it didn't much take away from the fact that the day had barely started, and she was already pretty covered in dirt.
  • BUILDING A SHED
  • EATING BREAKFAST WITH HER HANDS
  • BEING A NUISANCE

Sheena Vant

Sheena just looked through the bush she was afraid as she just looked at the she-wolf as stopped growling at her" your from the bad pack" she asked as she seemed like a good person as she looked she noticed she wasn't anywhere near the Daretin pack" i... sorry I bite you...." she said" I thought you were food I'm sorry" she says" don't hurt me" she said scared. Sheena just waged her tail she seemed she was nice" I from the Glacier pack I ran away the Daretin pack took over the glacier pack" she says as she just felt sad" I had to leave my mommy she wouldn't leave" she said looking at her with her gold eyes she hadn't taken a bath since she left the pack she was pretty dirty. Sheena looked at the she-wolf she just sighed she had hurt her paw as she felt pain in her paw as she just had tears in her eyes" I'm hungry and I'm scared I want my mom I haven't been without her for this long" she says whimpering a little she had hurt her paw but she didn't want anyone to touch her she didn't understand why she was talking to the she-wolf she didn't trust anyone but herself. BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising

Last edited:
Violet Harrington-Welbriar Pack- Elder

Almost as if her stomach had ears of its own, a low grumble came from it's depths as soon as Seth uttered the word 'breakfast.' "I think I'll take you up on that," she chipped as she grabbed a plate. Violet only took one of each of the options, she didn't want to waste anything, knowing she would suffice on little and there were many in the pack that needed more than she. BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising

Just as Vi had stuffed a mildly undone piece of bacon in her mouth she heard the door open behind her. Before she could turn to see who it was, she heard Astrid's voice with it's slight grovel, which Vi knew meant she hadn't eaten yet. While Astrid made her "plate" and got a few bites in herself, Violet took the opportunity to choke down some of her own plate. Violet finished a healthy mouthful just as Astrid spoke again, sounding more like herself now. "Morning," she smiled warmly in response, "What are you getting into today?" spottednewt spottednewt

Last edited:
Kelly frowned as the young one spoke, "No, no hunny it's okay, besides your bite wasn't as strong as other bites I've felt. You didn't even draw blood, not that I'm making fun of you because I'm not." She said as she turned slightly showing her where she had just bitten. There was saliva, and possibly a small indent but no blood, though her teeth had been close to piercing her flesh. A chill ran down her spine at the little one's words, it made sense that the Glacier Pack had seemingly vanished in one night but surely... Surely the Daretin Pack wouldn't be that foolish, taking over another pack by force was taboo. But it would explain a few things after all they had been trying to snag wolves from the Welbriar pack which was why Seth had been so guarded after Ana had been kidnapped by the Daretin Pack. She turned her attention back to the young one though, "I am sorry little one but I can't help you get back with your mother...that...is a very complicated task..." She sighed softly, laying down still watching the pup, "Will you let me see you instead of hiding in that bush, I am a healer for my pack. I simply want to know if you are hurt and if I can help you."
Texangamer Texangamer

Seth chuckled slightly as Astrid joined them and was glued to the food, "You know they need a different name for an early bird like you because you're like an early early bird. I like being able to sleep in at least a little. Then again I suppose Kelly could probably match you at points when waking up. Not sure how long she has been up going through the supplies in the healer den." He wondered if his beautiful mate was up yet or if she was still soundly sleeping. "Don't be shy about the food we still have plenty of pancakes to go around." He said as he finished up the last round of pancakes, there were three decent-sized stacks of pancakes for the others of the pack once they were up and about. "Should I bring her some breakfast in bed...she might like it." He glanced at Astrid and Violet, "Breakfast in bed or no? I know she is having a rough time with her pregnancy but I also don't want her to think I am babying her... but I just worry so much... If something were to happened to her again..."
Maskruelty Maskruelty spottednewt spottednewt

Sheena Vant
1599405462969.png

Sheena just looked through the bush with her gold eyes she didn't know what to do trust her or not she had some trust issues" yay I didn't hurt you too badly" she said happily she slowly came out of the bush limping a bit she was hurt from when she fell she was still in pain she just sat down across from the She-wolf she just shifts back to her human form" I'm hungry" she says laying down on the ground. Sheena looked at the she-wolf as she reached out for her a bit feeling the fur trusting her a little" I am called Sheena and I know you can't get me back with my mom with the war going on and stuff" she said. Sheena was thinking of how horrible the Daretin pack was she felt tears down her face remembering the alpha how she bit her it wasn't fair she just wanted food she was hungry" am I allowed to eat whatever I want in your pack" she asked tears streaming. BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising

Last edited:
Kane Ryland-26-Beta-Daretin Pack
Interaction:
Darren Tridale(Omega) BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising

Kane's mind wandered back to the poor soul that dared to be in Julia's presence this early in the morning. He shuddered at the thought of what torture was to befall the wolf that woke her. He absently pushed the soggy oats back and forth in the worn ceramic bowl, "I could go in there, talk to her about our next moves, give the wolf a chance to go back to where they're supposed to be..." Kane's thoughts about how to deescalate whatever the situation was swirled around in his head, much like the last bits of food in front of him swirled in the now warm milk. Rough leather hands pushed the meal aside and an exasperated sigh escaped his lips. Kane ran his labor worn hands through his thick mahogany hair and down over his beard, smoothing it in frustration. "Here goes nothing," he muttered to himself, with his breakfast remnants in hand he pushed back from the counter. Dropping the container in the sink as he walked by, Kane made his way toward the hallway leading to Julia's room, just as he was barely down the hallway her door opened and a figure stumbled out.

Julia's door shut behind the male. As he stood up straighter Kane could see it was Darren, one of the wolves from Glacier pack, a newer Omega. Kane sighed, "What did you do?" Kane had to refrain from rolling his eyes as he approached Darren, blood still dripping from a quickly healing scratch on his cheek and his clothes and hair mussed from what he assumed was an attack from the Alpha. "Omega," Kane barked the wolf's title, his voice gruff with authority. He could tell Darren had already had a rough start to the day so he tried to walk the tightrope between his Beta stature and his buried nature of kindness. The pack needed supplies and Darren clearly needed to get out of Julia's line of sight for a while, Kane figured if he sent the omega on a run it would solve both issues. "I'm glad I ran into you Darren, the kitchen is low on stock. A run is long overdue," the order was clear in his voice.

"Julia will kill me if I let him go out alone, he could report to the other packs in the area," the realization hit him like a ton of bricks. "I need you to come with me on a supply run," Kane amended the order without missing a beat looking at his clearly defeated pack-mate for a response.

Violet Harrington-Welbriar Pack-Elder
Interactions/Mentions: Seth Gavrin BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising and Astrid O'Malley spottednewt spottednewt

A soft smile formed at the edges of Violet's lips as her Alpha struggled to find the line between affection and overstepping. "Bring her the breakfast, it's an excuse for you to go see your mate, Seth. I'm sure she'd love the surprise and to have a reminder you're thinking about her." Violet was a hopeless romantic and she could only dream of the day someone cared enough about her to bring her breakfast in bed, pregnant or not, just to have someone care that much brought warmth to her core. She looked to Astrid, remembering her kindness when Violet had found her way to Welbriar pack. Astrid's warm eyes and patience as she helped Violet adapt to pack life, there was a time when Violet believed that maybe Astrid had cared that much about her. While Violet was still filled with warmth whenever Astrid walked into a room, she hardly thought Astrid felt the same way.​

Rosalyn Blanchard
Mood: Content| Location: Main Cabin
Warm sun rays wrapped around the large plundering beast as she weaved through the trees, the light changing her fur to radiant wisps of flickering flames. The sound of her paws beating into the ground echoed through the chamber of trees, reminding the young deer that it's end was quickly gaining on them.

Rosalyn Blanchard, Rosa to her friends, was abnormally large for a female wolf. Quick too, she was a formidable foe to those that stood against her. Muscles that rippled beneath the skin and a heart capable of stopping another, she had gained a reputation amongst wolves. She adorned war paint and while it sat upon her skin, she was not to be challenged. Yet when around those she loved, the war paint became nothing but colour splashed onto a welcoming canvas.

The sound of birds awoke Rosa from her concentration, her eyes snapping back into focus as she bounded up a ridge, seemingly abandoning the deer's path. Her paws made light work of the uneven terrain until the ridge became a sharp drop down to the forest floor. The deer was no where to be seen. Without hesitation, the thundering hunter continued her path, rooting her back paws on the edge of the rocks and leaping through the suns rays and diving down as if water were to break her fall. Before she made contact with the ground, the blur of the deer flashed beneath her, unknowingly colliding with the very thing it had been running from. The two creatures tumbled to the ground, Rosa's claws clutching onto the deer as it tried to wrestle free. The reserved nature of the wolf dispersed in an instant as she muttered a word of thanks and clamped her jaws down on the neck of her catch. The forest fell silent as she took the victory in their race to survival. A silent applause from the whims of nature. The deer was one of many that Rosalyn had hunted down for her pack. It was part of her job as the lead enforcer and she took it seriously. There were other ways to get resources, especially as times had changed in the outside world. But the thrill of a hunt and the completion of the circle of life was something she would never turn her back on.

The morning sun blessed the ground and set alight a path back to the cabin. Home. The enforcer rose up from four legs to two with her prize catch strung over her shoulder, lifted as though it weighed no more than a leaf. Her bare arms gleamed and sparkled as beads of sweat from the hunt caught the sunlight. She made it up the path to the cabin and inhaled deeply as the smell of pancakes flooded her nostrils. She had noticed a slight waft of the delicate delights from the forest but the fresh blood from the deer had held most of her attention.

Instead of going in through the backdoor, Rosa made a detour to the side door which opened up to reveal a butchery of sorts. Thick, handcrafted benches lined the walls and a chilled section branched off from the main room. It was this room that Rosa deposited the deer, hanging it up on a hook and admiring her catch. The doe was of fair size, enough to keep them stocked for a day or two. She could tell from the scent that it was healthy and young enough that the meat would be tender underneath. With a smile, she patted the rump and continued on to the main cabin, securing the chiller before she left.

Rosa had noticed Astrid chopping wood when she had come back from the forest but her scent had since moved into the house. The swirling presence of their alpha and Violet had merged with Astrid and the pancakes. It seemed that the early birds had found solace in the kitchen. Wiping the blood from her hands onto her trousers, Rosa headed into the kitchen. She wore the same thing most days. A well fitted pair of heavy duty utility trousers with thick lace up combat boots. Her top half was scarcely covered as the woman had no interest in restricting her movement in or out of wolf form. To accommodate for this, she wore a simple white vest top that clung to her muscular physique like cellophane with an army jacket to go on top if she was cold. Today was not one of those days and the tribal tattoos that coated her arms were on display, each a depiction of nature, surprisingly soft for the hard exterior Rosa gave off.

"I suppose the morning has brought most of us out..." She smirked, propping a hand on her hip and leaning up against the kitchen door frame. Her piercing blue eyes scoured the room to check if she had missed anyone. Of course, she hadn't. "Jax is still asleep I see. No surprise there." With a side glance, Rosa looked Astrid up and down. She was covered in dirt and had clearly put a lot of effort into cutting the logs. "You look like you need a shower." Rose stated objectively, an underlying meaning in her tone that bordered on flirtatious or rude. It was difficult to tell.

The lead enforcer raised her head once more to address the alpha, a man she believed in but did not fear. "Mornin' to you, Master Seth. I imagine you're the one who has made up this rather... excessive feast for us all?" She gestured to the plates upon plates of food that covered most of the kitchen surfaces. Once more there was that uncertainty of tone. It sounded both patronising but also grateful... A smile quickly followed her words when she met everyone's gaze. "I brought in another doe which I imagine Ford will butcher for us if you're not otherwise occupied."

code by valen t.

ASTRID

MOOD
HUNGRY AND PLAYFUL

MENTIONS
VI, SETH, & ROSALYN

INTERACTIONS
VI, SETH, &ROSALYN

OUTFIT

Having been so wrapt in her breakfast, Astrid nodded along with Violet at Seth's breakfast in bed conundrum. She was paying attention, but Violet more than had her thoughts covered. After a few more munches, her eyes lit up with a thought, and her free hand pointed madly to the platter of deer sausages. "Bring her the last deer sausage and confess your undying love." There was one problem with this, that Astrid quickly corrected. There were two sausages on her plate, but suddenly, Astrid's breakfast had another layer of toast, and then sausage. Ya'know, just to keep her dear alpha from becoming a liar.

She could smell Rosalyn's familiar scent as she entered the house and made her way into the kitchen. With a mouthful of food, she was addressing Astrid before she could even think to say good morning. At her comment, Astrid feigned a flurry of emotions. The stages of grief - almost. Surprise, shock, and a bit of hurt came over her face as her eyebrows furrowed playfully. Still clearing the food from her mouth, she pressed the fingertips of her free hand to her chest in gesture to herself for another beat, not minding or not cognizant of the smudge of dirt down the left side of her face. "Ma'am, I'll have you know that I'm fresh as an actual daisy." As she finished her sentence, she cracked a small grin, as she was now all too aware of the wood shavings that littered her clothes.

"You, however, still smell like prey fear." She shot back, finishing the last of her breakfast and unbuttoning and removing her flannel - the definite dirtiest article of her clothing. Draping it over her arm and dropping her suspenders at her sides, she made quick work of smoothing out her tank top like a proper lady.

coded by weldherwings.

Rowen O'Donnell
Mood: Content| Location: Main Cabin
Interactions: Maskruelty Maskruelty BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising
Rowen had been out for the entire night. The very idea of being stuck inside a house while the moon shone was something the Alpha's mate could not stomach. He ran through the forests killing any creature unfortunate enough to cross his path. Not overly strong himself, this had come back to bite him when he came face to face with a cougar. The beast had tried to go past him and despite the option to avoid conflict, Rowen was enraged that this ignorant creature had even thought about passing. He had charged, teeth bared and claws extended ready to kill. The lion had been quicker than he thought and turned on him swiftly, getting a good few bites and scratches into the wolf's body before the two entered a fight that neither wanted to lose. Although the lion had dealt far more damage per attack, Rowen saw a window open as the big cat's endurance depleted. It was tiring and Rowen took advantage of it's weakness. In two swift moves, the wolf tore through the cougar's neck and feasted on the blood flow until he was satisfied.

O'Donnell didn't make a habit of eating those he killed but he was so caught in the moment of victory that he was overwhelmed with bloodlust. His fur was matted with more of his own blood than those he had ambushed but he still saw himself as the victor. Even so, he limped his way back to the pack house, glancing up at the structure before shifting and pushing his way through the door. He held the wounds on his side and grimaced at the smell of the weaker kind. The morning had crept up on him and as the light poured in through the cracked windows, he noticed yelling coming from Julia's room. A struggle and then silence. Some poor idiot.

Rowen growled as the pain in his side pierced through his body. He couldn't let the others see him in this state. It was a sign of weakness. He made his way up the stairs to his shared room with Julia. Kane and Darren were both standing in the corridor like lost puppies, seemingly in some kind of discussion.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't our loyal second in command." The alpha's mate snickered, grimacing through the throbbing pain. "And a pathetic little omega too." After hearing the tail end of the conversation between the two, Rowen rolled his eyes and pushed past them. "Gettin' food are we? In that case, you might want to take a little more than Darren. The rabbits alone will eat him alive." There was a clear distaste for the two in Rowen's voice, if the apparent insults weren't enough. He stood by the door of Julia's room, now glaring at the beta with a look of pure hatred. If it hadn't of been for the somewhat severe injuries on his body, he would have made an example of both of them. They were lucky, he thought.
code by valen t.

Janet Calebs - 19 - Female - Enforcer - Welbriar Pack
Nat had left early that morning as usual, well before light trickled upon the Forrest for her usual patrols of the border. As an enforcer she was all too aware of the dangers of the Daretin's pack and its ever looming presence. Luckily however between her many years of learning to sleep as things stood and the aid of some gentle sleeping assistance herbs the she-wolf was able to sleep when needed unlike their alpha. It wasn't the first early start as of late that she too caught his scent in the breeze when stepping from the house, and although she worried she wouldn't bring it up with him directly as of yet, after all it was natural to worry in these uncertain times not to mention his mate's current 'situation'.

The sun had just arisen by the time she had made her way back to the house, it was both a sight and scent for sore eyes as a small smirk braced the usually stoic expression on the girls face, "... pancakes and bacon, really?...." She rolled her eyes a little as she sighed and stretched with one arm and rubbing the back of her neck with the other. "Urgh. Guess it was about time for a food run anyway-" The girl was cut off from her low-toned self muttering upon the sight of her fellow enforcer casually bringing in a large doe through the side door. You'd think someone in her role would be used to doing such a thing herself but due to her loosing control too easily when fresh meat was involved she was often in charge instead of protection from predatory threats such as dangerous animals or more commonly, other wolves.

It wasn't that she couldn't hunt so to say, on solo trips it was fine. But in terms of bringing something viable back for the pack her efforts were subpar once her wolf was done with it. Changing her stance to face the front door she walked over and into the house only to be greeted by an unusually large gathering for this time of day. Though her mind couldn't help but wonder where Kelly had gotten too, probably collecting herbs as usual. Moving over to the rest of the group she glanced briefly at the food with an expression that read an odd mixture of hunger and hatred towards the items presented, leaning against a nearby wall with arms crossed.

Even after having been in the pack for a fair amount of time and gaining much better control over her behaviors, she still felt uncomfortable eating around others and would typically go into her room alone unless specifically asked to stay with the group. Listening as Astrid And Rosa exchanged banterand something about Seth announcing his undying love? Letting out a quiet chuckle she shook her head before straightening up. "My patrols were quiet this morning, nothing of interest to report. Borders are all still in tact with no signs of current progression." She announced in a calm and practiced tone to their alpha, a serious expression on her face before softening ever so slightly, "Oh, and I second taking the deer sausages to her." she added with a more relaxed nod and wink, leaning back against the wall once again. She had to admit her pack was a rather amusing sight in such normal settings and as much as it may not come off that way due to her cautiousness, she really did enjoy just being around them.

_________
BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez ACasualBrit ACasualBrit spottednewt spottednewt Maskruelty Maskruelty

Kane Ryland-Daretin-Beta

The scent of fresh blood mixed with the Alpha-mate's mephitic musk hit Kane's senses like a ton of bricks as Rowen came into the corridor. At the condescending sound of Rowen's gruff voice, Kane couldn't stop the low guttural growl that came from his core. Without realizing it, Kane had placed himself between Julia's mate and the omega. "It smells like you could've brought back enough to stock the kitchen for a month," the Beta quipped back with little regard for the consequences. It was no secret of the bad blood between himself and Rowen, so why try to hide it. Kane's eyes, normally a deep copper, had darkened to the color of black coffee as he narrowed them in Rowen's direction. It didn't take more than a glance to see that Rowen had gotten bested by whatever beast he had last picked a fight with, judging by the smell, Kane determined it was feline. "I'll gather a hunting party, Rowen, you just rest up," the desire to tear the mate's skin from his bones was almost too much to resist. "There's no honor in a fight where your opponent isn't at their best," Narem's words echoed in Kane's mind, a lesson he was taught as a child and carried with him. "You're going to need it," Kane's last words to Rowen were a growl, a clear threat. If Julia heard about it there were sure to be consequences, but even fighting Julia would be a more fair fight then going against Rowen in his current state. If there was one thing Kane believed in, it was honor. The honor of a fight, of a kill, of a win.

Turning to Darren, he motioned for the omega to follow him. With long strides Kane pushed past Rowen and made his way back toward the kitchen. He bypassed the empty room and found himself outside. With feet still bare from the night before he pressed his heels into the earth beneath them, using the feeling of the sod beneath to reconnect himself with his surroundings. It took a few moments for his eyes to return to normal and for the sound of his heart pumping to dull from his ears. "Regardless, Rowen could be right. Not about Darren, but it wouldn't be the worst idea to have another wolf or two to help hunt. The food supply has been rather scarce lately," Kane squeezed his eyes shut and pinched the bridge of his nose. It was far too early for a run in with Rowen this morning and he knew he should have held his tongue better. "I had better come back with food or Julia will have my hide twenty times over what she's already going to when we get back," Kane scolded himself silently.​

She watched Sheena, she seemed to have a decent understanding of what was going on. Most young ones wouldn't and so it took her by surprise that a young one who had been in the wild for who knows how long seemed to understand. "Well.... I wasn't planning to hunt just yet but we can certainly bump up my hunting plans for you little Sheena. Also, they call me Kelly or Kel. Whichever you feel most comfortable with..." She glanced at Sheena's human form and felt sick, she was so thin and the scar on her arm was horrible. Who would ever do such a thing to a young wolf, her eyes narrowed on the swelling bruise on the young one's right wrist. It looked rather bad and it bothered her a great deal as a healer. "This may be to forward of me, but can I at least look at that injury. It will hurt when I mess with it but I want to make sure it is not broken. If it doesn't heal right you might not be able to hunt properly." She shifted slightly not minding that Sheena's was currently petting her. If the young one would trust her first then perhaps she could urge the girl to join the pack. "A-alpha...um...I will be staying out for the day, perhaps the night. Please don't worry."
Texangamer Texangamer

He nodded to Rosa, "Glad to hear I was just talking about needing more food." He glanced towards the front of the house with a frown, "Kelly? Why? Are you okay? Why would you say something like that at a time like this? Not to mention it is rather rude just to state what your planning instead of asking me first. Plus, we can't have the pack members just staying out of the pack house as they please! " Kelly flinched, "Sorry but it is for a good reason...i...um i found a pup she is rather wild but she came from the Gla.. er...Daretin Pack..." His frown grew as a low growl rumbled up his throat, "You sound like you are hiding something from me on top of demanding such a thing." There was silence and the plate he was holding shattered in his grip, "Fine then I will grant you this only if you and the pup meet up with me later tonight. I will bring food to see this pup and find out why you are so hesitant to tell me. Just stay safe..." His brow furrowed and he sighed heavily, "Oh yes, i was going to bring my dear food. Let's focus on that." He stared at the broken pieces of the plate that remained in his hand and the blood there. "Well damn can't use this plate...." What was Kelly not telling him, she was usually rather open with him about things. It bothered him, but he had other matters to attend to as well, "Now she is probably up, and then she won't get that nice surprise of breakfast in bed." He glanced at the others, "Can one of you grab a broom, I'm going to make a plate real quick and see if I can't still surprise her." He grabbed a towel wrapping his hand up, "And I'll tend to this...later along with Kelly." he whispered in a growl before making himself relax once again. While he was a rather gentle alpha, he hated it most when his pack members hid things from him. He made a plate before turning and heading for their room, taking his mind off Kelly and focusing on Ana. He smiled as he got closer and opened the door to find Ana heading out, "Oh...good morning love, I was just about to try and surprise you with breakfast in bed... Though I sort of got a little distracted.." he said with a slight smile rubbing the back of his head with the towel wrapped hand. "So... uh surprise!" he said with a sheepish grin holding the plate of food out to her.
spottednewt spottednewt Cosmos Cosmos Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez

Helen smiled at Ren, "I...slept okay. How about you guys...with winter getting closer I will try and sneak you in some more blankets. And it is fine, I don't mind risking myself for you guys if anything think of it as selfish on my part because it helps bring me warmth where cold has settled in." After Helen lost her memory of her daughter no one spoke of it, mainly due because it brought Helen a great amount of pain and she ended up in a small coma state for a few days. "As for the sandwiches, help me get them back to the room before Alpha's are up and about. You would think they would hold different standards for at least the young and pregnant wolves. After all her main goal is to grow our population back up for some reason." She whispered as she finished making the last few sandwiches. If the Alpha's ever heard her say such a thing she would face very severe punishment if not death, for slandering the way the alpha ruled. It would have been stupid if she had made the sandwiches in the kitchen so making them down that hall was much better where others would have to walk a bit to find her. She glanced at Ren, "How about you eat two of these and give Amilia one. the rest of the omegas can share. Including Darren, he is a male after all so he is strong then you guys...not that I mean that in an offensive way."
Cosmos Cosmos

Julia Shaw - 29 - Alpha - Daretin Pack
Julia growled a tad when she heard the noise but the smell of blood made her wake up, her eyes landed on Rowen and she licked her lips slightly. Standing to moved over to where he stood at the door before pulling him the room, "Don't you smell delicious..." She smirked, "Tangling with a wildcat so early in the morning." She stepped closer licking at some of the blood on his face before frowning a tad, "You got hurt...I wonder if it'll scar?" She pulled away from him to look him over in excitement. Yes, she didn't care if he was okay, knowing he would be fine after resting and eating. She simply hoped it would scar because she found scars to be rather attractive. After all, if you are going to mate with someone you should at least be attracted to them somehow. "Go wash up, as much as I don't usually mind blood on our bed I did just get som fresh sheets so I would prefer not to dirty them just yet."
ACasualBrit ACasualBrit

Darren Tridale - 29 - Omega - Daretin Pack
Darren nodded when Kane first addressed him before finally finding his voice again, "S-sure...Beta Kane." He had to be careful, he had gained a small bit of courage to ask something so stupid. But all of that courage was gone now, he was prideless, if his sister saw him even she would want to kill him. His thought came to a swift end as the smell of blood filled the room and Darren flinched when Rowen showed up, the man terrified him. He silently followed Kane, "Beta do you want me to follow you, or do you want the wait on the hunting." Even though Kane seemed to have somewhat of a harsh personality at times he didn't 'feel' evil. It was a strange little notion that Darren had always carried around with him after all Kane just didn't seem like those who were cruel to the others and himself. The first time he had seen the hatred between Kane and Rowen he thought it was due to Alpha Julia having picked Rowen as a mate. But watching them, there simply seemed to be a large amount of discord between them.
Maskruelty Maskruelty

Violet Harrington-Elder-Welbriar

Violet smiled, taking in the room full of wolves in human form. She couldn't help the warmth that rose in her at the love for her family. As her eyes flittered to each of her packmates she came to a halt. The wanderlust look in her Alpha's eyes had quickly been replaced with worry masked by anger. Vi had given herself a rule not to invade the heads of her own family. But before she could catch herself her concern took over and she caught snippets of a long distance conversation with Kelly. "Pup.....hiding something..." Vi quickly shut herself off before invading anymore than she already had. As she shook herself back away from the inside of Seth's head, the sound of the plate he held shattering in his hands brought her completely back. She slid her small frame off of the stool and padded over to the broom closet before his order to clean up was even complete. "I'll talk to him later," She assured herself. "He's gonna be so pissed I listened, but he'd be so much more angry if I tried to hide it, after all I didn't mean to..." Violet busied herself with the shards of ceramic that littered the floor, taking care to get every piece.

Kane Ryland-Beta-Daretin
Kane snapped his head toward the cowardly omega, his voice a harsh growl. "We hunt now," a hunt was necessary and would also give Kane a chance to get some of his aggression out before it erupted on people it wasn't meant to, "Like Darren..." the thought brought him back to his senses, only slightly. "We need to gather a hunting party, food has been scarce lately and I'm not sure we can bring back enough food with just the two of us," his voice, while still emanating dominance, was far less aggressive than it had been only thirty seconds before. Kane's dark eyes scanned over Darren, "Tell me Darren, who do you think we should bring. Tell me who you think our two best hunters are," it was a test, to see how much the wolf had learned since being in Daretin pack. There was no room for weak wolves here. Julia was determined for Daretin pack to be the "One-True-Pack" and anyone that couldn't find their place here wouldn't find their place anywhere if she had any say about it. "These newcomers from Glacier pack need to make themselves indespensable to her, that's what I'll work on....giving them skills...." Kane was lost in thought, his brow furrowed and his eyes trained on the ground as he waited for Darren's answer, which he assumed would be wrong anyway.

Samantha Jones - Medic - Welbriar Pack​
Sammy could be seen sitting beside a tree a ways away from everyone. The girl was in wolf form, a form she often used when going out. Sighing, the large wolf craned her neck, grooming her pitch black fur. It was covered in so much dirt that every time she lapped, she got a mouthful of dirt. Not fun, but it was what she got for not cleaning in a million years. She shook her head, grimacing. Gross she thought, spitting. Life as a medic was nice, but keeping herself clean, that was another story.

Allen Wolfsbane - Pack mother - Welbriar Pack​
Allen kept to himself most of the time, other than when he was playing with the pups. How had a former Daretin member end up as a pack mother? He had no clue. Often times he believed that he would be chased from the pack for that exact reasons, but he hadn’t been chased so that was a plus, wasn’t it? Hopefully it was. He had no clue how long he could continue to worry about being chased out, considering he had worried for the last ten years. ,amber that was what he deserved though, being an Ex-Daretin member. He saw the scowls, heard the growls, even the pups often thought of him as some sort of other being, on that should’ve been killed years ago. Shaking his head, he’d sigh. That was no matter, let them think what they wanted, he’d show them that he was loyal.

//school got in the way but I’m finally up and at em

Sheena Vant

Sheena just looked at kelly as she smiled" food sounds good I am hungry" she says as she looked at Kelly she saw kelly looking at her scar on her arm she didn't really like anyone looking at that big scar she just saw her eyes go to her hand that hurt a lot for some reason" okay I'll let you look at my wrist" she say. Sheena just looked at her as she was just petting her she felt like she could trust her she had trust issues but with kelly, it feels like she could trust her" will it hurt" she asked" don't look at my arm that's a bad memory" she says" I don't like when people look it if only I have a bandage or something so no one would look at it" she says to her she just sighed she was hungry she just wanted to eat something" wanna know what happened with my arm why it's like this" she says. BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising

ASTRID

MOOD
CONCERNED

MENTIONS
VI, SETH, & ROSALYN

INTERACTIONS
VI, OPEN

OUTFIT

Her banter with Rosa coming to an abrupt halt at the shattering of the plate, it was as though a switch flipped in Astrid's brain. Her whole demeanor seemed to change-- right down to her posture. Sensing that Violet was off to gather the cleaning supplies, she merely followed Seth with her eyes until he had left the room, trying to read him. It felt as though some days, she could know exactly what he was thinking, and others, she had no idea how his mind even worked. His angrier outbursts always went with the latter.

Placing a tender hand on Violet's lower back to warn of her presence, she dropped down next to her and began picking up the bigger shards with calloused fingers. "You were quick on the draw with that one. While hell knows you aren't the maid, what would we do without you?" She tried to maintain her usual playful tone, but with the mess going on outside their front door, it was hard not to be on high alert at the smallest red flags. Quickly depositing the shards in the garbage can, she straightened and dusted herself off a bit more before her eyes fell back on Vi. The realization that Vi may have had a clue as to what that was about hit her suddenly. "Any idea what's got him smashing the fine china?" Her mouth seemed to move faster than her brain, her eyes lagging for a second before they met Vi's.

coded by weldherwings.

"It will hurt, but I can make it feel a little less painful."
She shifted to her human form going over to the basket were some ginger was. "Chew on this, it may not taste the best, but it'll start working on you faster since I doubt you've eaten much. It should help lessen the pain at least a little. As for the scar, I...didn't mean to stare. It simply angers me that a young one such as yourself would have gotten bitten like that." She turned to hold out the ginger, "I'll make checking your wrist as fast as possible and then we will get some food. I think I smelled a rabbit a few paces ahead of us. So, that would be a start and then we can go from there." She sat down in front of Sheena but didn't approach her fully. She knew the child didn't trust others and that was understandable. When Kelly had first turned she didn't trust anyone and she had been terrified. But soon the wolf within her settled down and it wasn't like her human life had mattered much. She smiled gently to Sheena, "We will move this at your pace, I wont force anything on you or rush you out of your comfy zone."
Texangamer Texangamer

Darren Tridale - 29 - Omega - Daretin Pack
Darren paused in thought at who was the best at hunting, at one point he had been rather good at hunting himself. But that wasn't really the case anymore, he was weak from not eating much and getting beat. "T-the best hunters...um well I think it would be you, Jacob and perhaps Kallen. Though I've never seem him hunt he seems strong..." He said glancing to Kane hoping he had answered correctly, he had never fully been invited to hunt. It was rather rare since the alpha's didnt want any of the omega's taking more than their share secretly.

Kallen Hunter - 29 - Enforcer - Daretin Pack
Kallen stood outside the packhouse staring out to the forest, hunting sounded good, but also like a bother at this point. His head turned slightly as the front door opened and the Beta came out shortly followed by an omega. His golden eyes followed the omega as he talked with the Beta hearing their conversation, "Hunt." He pushed himself off the side of the house and headed over, "Beta, I'll go on this hunt." he said coolly, his hands resting in the pockets of his jeans. "As long as no one gets in my way and messes the hunt up." He said his eyes turning to the omega, "Because that would be a bother." Darren flinched slightly at Kallen's pointed words, "I-i wouldnt...dare..." Kallen simply stood there without saying another word amd waiting to get conformation with Kane about hunting.
Maskruelty Maskruelty

Users who are viewing this thread

Back