• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Blessing of the Moon | In Character Thread

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Vixen

Vixen didn't need to see Lucien enter the room to know he was there. The feeling and energy in the room changed around her, and became almost static. She knew it wasn't her, it was entirely how the remainder of the pack reacted to the man nearing. It was like being near a dangerous animal - at least from a human's perspective. Like being trapped in a cage with a wild tiger …. or wolf…

She smiled at Kane's offer. "No thank you, I think I can handle it today." Truth was she would never request for any help in preparing Lucien's meals. There were plenty of reasons but top among them was simply the safety of the Alpha. She knew very well there were those within the pack that didn't … appreciate his talents and drive and she would not be at the fault of his demise, certainly not knowing very well what happened to the lovers and wives of the men that were overthrown.

She remained silent as the Beta declared his desire to speak with Lucien privately. She didn't doubt for a second it had to do with Rin but knew better than to involve herself directly. Kane didn't trust her in the least, evident by his terse behaviour with her when Lucien wasn't around. Vixen disliked greatly that Kane had made a point of requesting an audience in front of the other pack members but wouldn't simply say what it was he wanted. Lost in thought she poured out a cup of coffee for Lucien, adding single sugar as he preferred when an opportunity wandered through the door.

The packs wayward healer had returned from a night on the town … and some randoms bed no doubt. The extroverted male didn't seem to fear Lucien as much as the remainder of the pack did and she wasn't quite certain it was due to bravery or the simple fact that Fennec didn't seem to care if he lived or died. She dropped two eggs into a pot of boiling water and set slices of bread down into the toaster before taking up the clean white mug of coffee.

"Nothing to worry yourself over." She answered the Healer as she turned toward the table, a gentle smile painted on her lips. "Kane was about to ask his Alpha for a favour on behalf of Rin." She glided to the table side, stepping between Kane and Lucien to set his steaming mug on the table. Vixen leaned down to press a gentle kiss to Lucien's cheek, her hand rising to brush the pad of her thumb over where her lips had just departed, wiping away any evidence of her lipstick remaining behind. "Good morning love." She spoke in hushed tones only for Lucien to hear.

Soon enough she was gliding away, back to the kitchen counter to finish off making the Alpha's breakfast. "Eggs?" She asked as she glanced at both Jeremy and Fennec, as though nothing were amiss.
Ironclaw - Pack House, Kitchen • Guest • Reserved / Calculating • Mentions: Lucien ACasualBrit ACasualBrit Kane Maskruelty Maskruelty Jeremy spottednewt spottednewt Rin Cosmos Cosmos Fennec Otter Otter

Last edited:

scroll me!

Mood
paranoid, aching
Mentions/Interacts
Safa NanLia NanLia Salem Otter Otter Natalie spottednewt spottednewt

Sasha Janikova

Galestorm-Nurse

Almost simultaneously, as Sasha's eyes opened she pulled her covers around her tighter. Her bedroom was warm, but that didn't stop the goosebumps that made their way accross her skin. Craning her aching neck to peer at the clock, the girl realized she had slept entirely too late. Though her mind told her to spring from her bed, her sandpaper joints protested. As she snaked one arm out from under the covers her long fingers searched blindly for the knob on her nightstand drawer and then again inside searching for the bottle she had stashed away. With fingers outstretched she found her prize and grasped the plastic tightly. Oh, thank the gods, the words nearly escaped her lips as the familiar rattle of her treasure reached her ears. With shaking fingers she spilled several of the small blue pills into her hand, not bothering to count before letting them tumble down her dry throat with an audible gulp.

Sasha closed her eyes for a moment, letting her mind catch on to the idea that she would feel better in a few minutes. With another deep breath she urged herself from her bed, the goosebumps still peeking through on her lightly tanned skin. You're okay, she told herself silently as she struggled through a shower in an attempt to clean the stench of her morning withdrawls. After the torrid cleansing, Sasha wrangled herself into a pair of dark denim jeans and a clean shirt. The luck of the draw found her with a cascading white top that flowed just to her hips. For once, she was pleased with the outcome, especially after tugging on her black jacket and conveniently matching thigh high boots. After finishing her minimal makeup routine Sasha dared to make her way into the kitchen.

Sasha couldnt have been more grateful that the oxys were kicking in as she rounded the corner to see both Safa and Sal in the kitchen. Safa was perched by the coffee pot, no doubt going over plans and projects for the day, while Sal pushed food onto Nat's plate while the enforcer gave her normal protesting routine. Straightening her back and willing the smile on her face to reach her eyes, Sasha padded further into the room. "Good morning, everyone," she chipped with her usual soft tone. She'd been told before her voice was like bells, but she had never understood how that was a compliment. "Safa," the girl made sure to single out her Alpha with a respectful nod as she moved past to pour herself a much needed cup of coffee. "What'd I miss?"

♡design by neon reverie, coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

Greyson Monroe

Galestorm Enforcer | Location: Pack Kitchen | Tags: N/A | Mentions: Safa - NanLia NanLia , Sasha - Maskruelty Maskruelty , Natalie - spottednewt spottednewt , Salem - Otter Otter

The Elevator to the Galestorm's common area dinged open, a weary Greyson exiting into the open room still in uniform. The Enforcer was met with the smell of both food and caffeine, both he craved to some extent. But he'd only just come off his shift from the night before and the last thing he wanted or needed was to be up all day. Despite this he headed for the kitchen area, taking in the assortment of pack members within the area as he went. The man nodded in greeting to those that turned his direction while heading for the cabinets, keeping momentarily quiet so as not to interrupt whatever conversation he'd stumbled into. Grabbing a cup and filling it with cold water from the faucet before turning moving to take a seat in one of the chairs at the counter area and leaning forwards and essentially lowering his upper half onto it with the glass carefully in his hand as he did so.

The ten hour shift itself hadn't been anymore draining than usual or anything however, most of it was spent doing his rounds on patrol or waiting for speeders in high target zones to ticket, or warn in some cases. The oddest part was the dream he'd had when he'd napped on the couch in the break room at the precinct. But the Enforcer hadn't given it much thought at the time since he'd needed to get back to work. It was just that his wacky sleep and work schedule for the last week was catching up to him. "How we doing this fine morning? I miss anything important?" Grey wanted to check in with them given he'd been gone all night, the man nudging gently at the glass gently on the counter in front of him while staring at it. Grey knew he needed to at least hydrate some before he inevitably crashed for what might likely just be a power nap.
coded by natasha.

scroll me!

mood
irritated
Mentions/Interacts
Lucien ACasualBrit ACasualBrit Vixen NanLia NanLia Ren Cosmos Cosmos Fennic Otter Otter Jeremy spottednewt spottednewt

Kane Ryland

Ironclaw-Beta

Vixen made her sly comment and Kane couldn't help the glare he sent in her direction as she passed between himself and Lucien. Though it was only for a split second, Kane was sure it didn't go unnoticed so he decided to speak quickly. "Good morning Fenn. And no, not a favor," Kane began pointedly after she went back to cooking for her master, "I just told her I'd ask and I didn't want to bother you with something as trivial as Ren wanting to attend Winterball if there were other things to attend to first." With a shrug and a preparing sigh he continued, "But now that we're on the subject, Ren came to me this morning and asked if she could attend this year, as she's over eighteen. But that would be your decision not mine, hence the conversation." Kane's expression had since returned to its typical impassive state. The Beta refused to show weakness so he leaned back against the counter, forcing himself to look more confident than he was while awaiting the response of his Alpha. His pet really needs to keep her mouth shut, Kane thought to himself, I don't think she realizes that as soon as Lucien loses interest, he'll toss her aside like a boring toy. Lucien had been the same way as they grew up, tossing toys and gadgets to the side as soon as the novelty had worn off. Not bothering to offer them to Kane or anyone else for that matter, they would end up in the trash. With the thought Kane came to the sudden realization that she wouldn't just be discarded, she knew him too well. No, she would end up like the last person that had an edge on his cunning "brother."

He could feel the tension in the room and knew he wasn't the only one awaiting a response. Not necessarily waiting for Lucien's answer, but for the reaction of their menacing Alpha to his Beta's tone that had began on the edge of arrant. Kane wouldn't hesitate to take on a much more aggressive tone with anyone else, but the slight snap at Lucien was out of character. Despite the fact that Vince had confessed to killing his father, Kane could never shake the feeling that Lucien had been involved. But everyone else in the pack was either too blinded by his ominous charm or much too afraid of him to ever show the slightest hint of suspect. Without having anyone on his side Kane had always kept his head down when it came to Lucien.

scroll me!

Mood
amused, happy
Mentions/Interacts
Colby NanLia NanLia Monroe spottednewt spottednewt Bruce VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator

Lyla Monroe

Dawnguard-Scout

With her small lips etched into a smile, Lyla puttered around in the fridge looking for the container of formula as the kitchen began to fill with more banter. Just as she found what she was looking for Lisa's cries of protest turned into a squeal of delight at the attention from Georgi in addition to the little girl's father releasing her from the confines of her prison. Turning to see Bruce pile more bacon into the pan Lyla laughed audibly, a soft tinkle of happiness. Lyla seemed to dance around the kitchen, maneuvering her way around the slight chaos to heat the formula and again back to pluck eggs and a box of pancake mix from the fridge and pantry. Pulling Lisa's bottle from the microwave she nearly collided with Marlow, who's stance alone was enough to warrant another chuckle. "Of course," Lyla smirked, first at Marlow and then at Colby with a nod, signaling that it was okay to pass off the wriggling girl. "You can start with this," Lyla handed the luke-warm bottle to an excited Marlow. "Yeahhhh, Auntie Lo has the nummies." Lyla tickled Lisa with a finger as she turned back to the stove to finish her side of breakfast alongside Bruce and his myriad of bacon. "I'll have some scrambled eggs for her in just a minute," she called over her shoulder, "Oh yeah, and everyone else." Lyla added, her voice peppered with amusement at the bright start of her day.

scroll me!

Mood
excited, caring
Mentions/Interacts
Astrid spottednewt spottednewt Harriet NanLia NanLia Vivian Cosmos Cosmos Maddox Safton Safton

Kaira Skau

Briarwood-Beta Nominee

The flames licked at the Autumn air, mesmerizing Kaira with their dance when Astrid broke the silence. In typical Astrid fashion, her greeting was a playful taunt. The banter earned her a delighted smile from Kai as she tore her focus away from the fire. With her attention directed at Astrid she noticed her friend feuding with, what she could only assume, was another day of aches. Kaira's face echoed her conflict; eyebrows pulled together in concern for her friend, juxtaposed by the smile roused at the mention of Winterball. "I'd love to help,"like the rest of her being, Kaira's voice was light and airy. But first you need to let me make you a tea. From the looks of it you could do with some turmeric, ginger, and scullcap."Her wide cobalt eyes flashed over Astrid's stance and she nodded to herself as if to confirm her initial consensus. Astrid's gaze fell toward the main entrance of their communal building and Kaira could hear the bustling of voices behind her. Tilting her chin to get a better listen without having to distract from their conversation. With a little concentration she was able to identify the voices as Harri and Vi. She briefly wondered where Harriet's other half was, as they were rarely seen apart beyond working hours.

Kaira blinked as her full focus turned back to Astrid. "You need to relax, Ms. Alpha. Kai's delicate voice teased a playful tone. "Do you have an outfit for the gala yet? We could go to the shops, I imagine you could use the opinion of someone who actually likes dresses." The white haired woman rose from her perch to slide her arm around her severely overworked companion in a sort-of side hug. The contact was brief but expressive. "C'mon, lets go say 'hi' to the others and get you warmed up," it was less of a statement and more of an invitation. As Kai turned on her heel the wispy female's svelte legs carried her fluidly toward the large wooden building. Kaira extended an arm behind her, in hopes Astrid would take her outstretched hand.

Maddox Kincaid

Maddox glanced up to see Harriet stepping out of the cottage, steaming tea in hand. It smelled of fresh chamomile. He had to admit, his girlfriend's herbal teas had been something of an... acquired taste when he first arrived on Briarwood's proverbial doorstep. Of course, recovering from multiple gunshot wounds does wonders for a picky palate. After some more recent "incidents" in which he had tried (mostly unsuccessfully) to smuggle coffee into the cottage, he had grown to appreciate the brewed beverages and their benefits to the point that they were now something of a staple for he and Harriet both.

Maddox set down the weights with a light thud and a nod of thanks, carefully picking up the steaming mug to sip at the refreshing tea -- savoring the flavor within. "No problem babe," he remarked as Harriet stated she would be skipping out on their daily run. He could tell something was troubling her -- and the fact that she needed to talk to Astrid bore this out -- but he bit his tongue rather than pry. They both had duties of their own to attend to. He returned her kiss, giving her hand a soft squeeze as she drew away, calling out to her: "I'll see you later. I'm going to track Astrid down and check in."

Maddox watched Harri depart toward the medical center, taking his tea with him to head toward the community lodge. He paused briefly when he saw the bonfire burning outside, where a couple of figures had gathered: notably Astrid and Kaira -- Astrid's friend and Harriet's fellow Healer. The latter appeared to be beckoning for their Alpha to join her inside the lodge. He smiled at the sight, approaching the two and carefully navigating around the carved wooden benches. "Good mornin'. Hope I'm not interrupting," Maddox said, giving each of them a polite nod, still clutching his tea. He looked toward Astrid, "I think Harri wanted to speak with you at some point. She didn't say what about," he added.

Briarwood | Enforcer | Anxious | Interactions: Harriet ( NanLia NanLia ) Astrid ( spottednewt spottednewt ) Kaira ( Maskruelty Maskruelty )

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

Last edited:

| Rivercrest Healer | Rivercrest house | Crono Crono Otter Otter NanLia NanLia spottednewt spottednewt Cosmos Cosmos |

As Asher pushed the bottle away she let out an exasperated sigh. "Suit your self." She mumbled. She knew there was no point in forcing someone to do something, wether or not that something was beneficial or not. She peered up to see Finn moving away, a saddened look filling her eyes, this morning could not have been good on the anxious young man. She opted to stay quiet while she ate her breakfast, figuring it best not to further engage. She couldn't help but shoot Asher a displeased look out of the corner of her eye as he spoke to Skyla.
She took a long sip of her tea, letting the fragrance and warmth fill her nose before setting the mug back down. She went over a mental list of her errands for the day. She needed to top off on a few first aid supplies and a few herbs. She also wanted to get a new sketch pad while she was in town today. Maybe she'd invite Finn to join her in town. She hadn't noticed but she had begun to push her sausage back and forth on her plate while she thought. She also really wanted to talk to both Jeramiah and Finn about the dream. As she thought about it more of it came back in vivid detail. A few seconds later she caught herself playing with her food and took a slow breath to calm her mind before returning to eating.

code by @Satanic Nightjar

scroll me!

Mood
confused, awkward
Mentions/Interacts
Asher NanLia NanLia Jeremiah Crono Crono Henry spottednewt spottednewt Finn Otter Otter Sabrina ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi

Skyla Brannigan

Rivercrest-Enforcer

Skyla arched an eyebrow at her Alpha as she loaded a forkful of bacon into her mouth. "But its such a mouthful," she muttered around the food with an exaggerated eye roll. The irony of the statement towards Jeremiah was lost on her as she focused her attention back to Asher. Skyla chuckled lightly at he jeered at Sabrina like a bitter child. After choking down the bite she cleared her throat and attempted to level with her brooding friend. "Ash, listen. I think Sabrina has suffered plenty enough with the headaches you give her," the jest was playful but her tone held a small tone of rigidity. Her eyes narrowed puckishly at the inebriated Asher before flashing a smirk in Sabrina's direction. With the glance she noticed that the fiery locks had fallen around the woman's shoulders as her mind seemed to wander somewhere else. Skyla tried to freeze the frown that began to unfurl across her own face, but couldn't help the slight wilt at the corners of her full lips. The concern for the healer penetrated Skyla's original haze of adrenaline from her run. Glancing around the room again she could now feel the tension in the kitchen that suddenly felt crowded. Finn was shrunk into a seat not far from her, he looked to be making himself as small as he could without physically crawling under the table. Moving her eyes again granted her the view of Jeremiah with his eyes focused on his own plate. The food on her own plate had dwindled significantly from picking at it. I must've missed something, Skyla mused silently. Someone could suffocate in this tension.

Her musings were cut short by Henry, his tone an apparent indication that she wasn't the only one that noticed the claustrophobic air. Jeremiah was the first to answer but, he turned back to his dish without giving much, following the uncharacteristic pattern of the morning. "I saw some fresh tracks yesterday," she began her own attempt to loosen the density, "deer I think," embellishing her usual buoyant tone in an attempted engagement with the others. "I was thinking of heading out into the woods to see if I can't find the herd. It'd be the first migration of the season... Nice tracking expedition--If anyone want's to come--" The copper haired girl trailed off slightly, becoming acutely aware of the fact that she didn't make eye contact with anyone as she spoke. Skyla's amber eyes skimmed the room once as she silently begged for someone else to help her break the unease of their normally jubilant pack house.

Bruce/Dawnguard Enforcer/ Dawnguard Pack House
Interactions: Lyla, Marlow, Colby

Bruce chuckled, "What kinda guy do you take me for? Of course, I'll whip up something for you guys and the little bundle of...noise" Bruce shivered, "I seriously don't know how you do it dude" Bruce being so young and not exactly a super responsible guy, imagined caring for a child being a horror show. Bruce pulled out another pan and slammed another hefty amount of bacon into the pan, he tends to overestimate how much others eat since he has such a huge appetite. "By the way Colby I finally got that interview with the club people, and I got the job!" said Bruce with a hint of pride, "Which means I can finally get out this prison and you and Nira can stop nagging me" Bruce was really working forward to this job, he was a partier by nature so the club was a natural choice and due to his size/brawn he'd make an excellent bouncer.

Seeing Lyla take over the cooking, Bruce would step back from the stove and sit down at the table with a massive pile of bacon and cheese, "I call it the Double Baconwich! Its like a sandwich except instead of bread its bacon" exclaimed Bruce filled with culinary pride, "So Lyla, when is little Lisa gonna you know turn?" asked Bruce, finding the idea of the couple waking up in the middle of the night to find a howling wolf pup in the crib instead of Lisa hilarious​

Colby

Colby smirked at Bruce and his disbelief that happiness could come from child rearing. He watched Marlow coo and the baby and Lisa respond in kind. “It’s not for everyone,” He admitted, selecting a clean mug from the cupboards to pour himself a cup of coffee. “I didn’t think I’d ever have a family - not something I ever considered until I met Lyla.”

He set the pot back down in the maker, winking at his wife as she took over making breakfast. This wasn’t an uncommon sight for mornings with the pack, Lyla taking over meal prep and happy to do it. Naturally everyone tried to lend a hand whenever possible but she was far more adept at culinary skills than he was.

He knew his place well enough, after taking a long sip of his coffee he set the mug down at the table before going back to the cupboards to take out plates and start setting the table.
Dawnguard, Pack House - Kitchen • Lead Scout • Happy • Mentions: Bruce VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator Lyla Maskruelty Maskruelty Marlow spottednewt spottednewt Georgi ACasualBrit ACasualBrit

• playing: Play Dirty by Kevin McAllister

Lucian Bates
    Ironclaw | Alpha | Male | 31 | Bisexual
    The air was heavy with anticipation as Lucian processed his beta’s words. He didn’t really care much for the art of conversation, but he knew that it was all part of the act. The rules and routines he had to do in order to get what he wanted. And where Kane was concerned, it was important to keep him satisfied enough that his already building suspicion of Lucian didn’t grow. There weren’t many people left within the Ironclaw pack and Lucian wasn’t sure if he could get away with another Ryland murder.

The alpha was deep in thought about his next moves when his “mate” planted a soft kiss on his cheek. It woke him from his trance like state and even coerced a slight twist of the corner of his mouth. His gaunt face turned to look up at her as she placed the steaming cup of coffee in front of him, watching as her curvaceous form returned to the kitchen. Her greeting had been barely a whisper but her closeness sent a wave of goose bumps across his skin.

Lucian didn’t reply, simply raising the mug to his lips. With closed eyes, he let the piping hot liquid flow over his tongue before swallowing. There was something about the bitter taste that pleased him. Usually he took it without sugar but since Vixen had joined the pack, he found the sweetness she added to be a welcome treat.

The serenity of the moment was quickly disturbed by the entrance of Fennic, the pack healer. He wasn’t much to talk to but the young male had caught the alpha’s eye more than once. Lucian’s cold eyes – once following Vixen – quickly locked onto the impudent healer. He took his time to reply, resuming his ritual of cutting the fruit in his hand, gliding the blade through the soft flesh with great care.

“Our little Omega believes herself to be mature enough to attend the Winterball,” Lucian’s words were emotionless and monotone. He never took his eyes off the apple either, letting his lithe fingers manipulate the knife around the core, “and yet she does not seem to be mature enough to ask for herself.”

It was then that Lucian lifted his gaze to Kane, a stare that said far more than his words had. He didn’t care for Ren the way the others did. He saw her as a liability rather than an asset. But she was still young and had potential.

“If she cannot take the time to speak to me herself, how will she fair amongst the other wolves? Do you expect me to allow someone like that to represent us at the ball?” He laid out the pieces of sliced apple in a perfectly straight line on the counter, carefully placing them until he was satisfied. He looked at each one, assessing their various qualities and frowning at the slight discolouration. “I will speak to her myself. You are right. She is old enough now to attend… And perhaps she may bring some…” He picked up the first slice and raised it to his lips, “new entertainment.”

code by valen t.

Asher

Asher quickly lost the conversations around him, his drunk buzz dulling the voices until he stopped hearing the words said and only a singular hum of noise. He hummed quietly to himself as he finally finished off his plate, leaning back in his chair with a sigh and content belly. He frowned as he looked around the room of pack members, it felt …. Off? Where the atmosphere had been fun and cheery with only a slight lining of hostility towards his drinking it now felt like impending doom. He couldn’t begin to tell when it had shifted and he knew he wasn’t in any kind of mental position to figure it out.

With a grunt he stood as he collected his plate from the table, the chair scraping the floor behind him as he stepped around the occupied chairs with only the slightest of stumbling and rebalancing. He shuffled between the kitchen occupants to deliver his plate to this sink before following the same path back to the main hallway. He wrangled his discarded boots and coat back to their appropriate place by the front door before heading for the stairs to the upper part of the pack house. He needed a shower and some sleep, he could only hope the mood would change once he was gone.
Rivercrest PackHouse, Kitchen -> Stairwell • Lead Enforcer • Drunk • mentions - none

Safa

Safa rolled her eyes at Natalie’s answer. Naturally she’d be causing havoc - what else would she expect the enforcer to do on her own time? She had all the confidence in her choice of pack members and their stations - she trusted them to to act and think in the best possible way for the pack at all times; it was why she’d chosen to surround herself with the people she loved as much as she loved her own family.

“Only a half marathon this morning.” With the table set for breakfast she poured herself a cup of steaming coffee, taking her place at the table. She set her tablet aside and out of direct eye sight. More than once she’d been called out for being focused on her daily itinerary or answering emails. Her father had hard pressed the idea that the pack was more than a business; it was about the people who were part of it all and she needed to dedicate her attention to them over anything else. “It doesn’t seem to matter what time I get up, a half is all that I can accomplish.” She shrugged.

“Egg whites only, if you please Sal.” She smiled at her beta; Sal always seemed to like partaking in cooking for the pack meals; Safa didn’t have much of an eye or taste for food prep - the pack willing to consume what she served but she knew herself it was often bland and lacking. Sal had a spice for life in every aspect of what they did. Cooking came naturally to them and it clearly gave them some kind of satisfaction Safa wasn’t willing to take away. “You have plenty of time to get changed before our first meeting today.”

The mood in the room shifted slightly as Sasha arrived and greeted the pack first then herself afterwards, rather formerly. It was an odd feeling, since Safa did her best to make everyone feel comfortable with her at any time. She never enforced the formality that other Alpha’s did, unless they were meeting with other pack leaders. Whilst she certainly would put a member in their place if they went too far she didn’t want anyone to be walking on eggshells in their own home. Shortly after Sasha’s arrival Grey wandered into the kitchen, clearly rolling in from a night shift. “Morning you two.” She decided not to address Sasha separately, hoping she’d settle into an informal meal without any awkwardness. “Didn’t miss much - Nat’s causing havoc, Sal’s making eggs. There are a few meetings today - Grey I think you and Nat are part of the security one this afternoon.” She glanced towards her tablet but caught herself. “I’ll let you know later what time that is, it’s about security for the Winter Ball.”
Galestorm, Pack Kitchen • Alpha • Energetic / Excited • Mentions - Sal Otter Otter Natalie spottednewt spottednewt Sasha Maskruelty Maskruelty Greyson Crono Crono

Interactions: Kai - Maskruelty Maskruelty ,, Maddox - Safton Safton

Mentions: Harri - NanLia NanLia

ASTRID

INFO
O'MALLEY;;25;;LESBIAN
BRIARWOOD;; ALPHA
RESTLESS

MENTIONS
HARRI, VI

INTERACTIONS
KAI, MADDOX

OUTFIT

As Kai began about tea and dresses, Astrid decided it was best not to argue with those who knew better. Both were topics of which she certainly knew nothing about. Although she had opened her mouth to protest, the woman merely closed it again instead, nodding once as she slipped her hand into Kai's. A cup of tea did sound nice.

The sound of a man's voice caused her eyebrows to flicker in recognition. Maddox. The latest addition to the pack, and an enforcer, no less. The tip of her mouth tipped upwards in a lopsided smile at his greeting as she slowed to speak to him, still holding onto Kai as she stopped.

"Morning, Maddox. Did you get your beauty sleep in?" She often felt that her interactions with the man came easier than they should - in a way that may have felt forced from the outside; but she didn't mind. "You aren't interrupting, I think we're just headed to grab some tea to enjoy by the fire. Maybe see if we can pry a few more outside to enjoy the weather. But, good. I was hoping to see Harri this morning. Are you going to be around here for a minute? We're going to pop back inside." She paused, glancing back towards the pack kitchen as she started back in that direction. She didn't want to keep Kaira waiting while she shot the breeze.

coded by weldherwings.

Interaction: Jeremiah - Crono Crono Skyla - ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi

Mentions: Asher - NanLia NanLia

Henry

INFO
'ABE';;26;;GAY;;
RIVERCREST;;ENFORCER
OVERWHELMED

MENTIONS
JEREMIAH,, ASHER

INTERACTIONS
GENERAL,, SKYLA

OUTFIT

Henry offered a polite smile in response, accepting his plate with a quick nod. His eyes ad already locked on his meal, and all other matters quickly faded from his mind. So much so that he had to remind himself of his manners. He had a forkful of eggs halfway to his mouth before he realized that he hadn't necessarily made eye contact with the man that had handed it to him, never mind the fact that he was still standing over the kitchen counter. Henry wasn't quick sure where Mrs. Abernathy was at that moment, but he could be sure that she felt a disturbance in the force.

Quickly correcting, he took one of the stool at the counter, setting out his plate and washing his hands before sitting down. The young man nodded along with the Alpha's response, but felt a touch of relief as Skyla offered him a little more to work with. He smiled to her, placing a paper napkin neatly in his lap before shoveling in his first bite of breakfast. It seemed like she could sense the collective need for absent conversation. He was happy to meet her eyes.

"That sounds like a mighty fine afternoon. The weather's pretty nice today, aside from bein' colder than the devil's wife." the memory of the brisk morning air made his eyes drop back down to his shorts - another thing Mrs. Abernathy wouldn't be too pleased about. These ones happened to be shorter than his other pairs, as well. The man could almost hear his adoptive mother's voice echoing in the back of his mind, 'Henry Todd Abernathy, them shorts are so small, I can see your whole religion.' That saying never made much sense to him, but it always made him chuckle.

The scraping of Asher's seat drew him back to reality. Raking his fingers through dark, disheveled hair; the man continued, "I'd be glad to keep you company, if you'd have me." As he finished, the man took anther whopping bite, quickly moving to use his napkin to cover his mouth as he chewed.

coded by weldherwings.

Interactions: Sal - Otter Otter ,, Safa - NanLia NanLia ,, Sasha - NanLia NanLia ,, Greyson NanLia NanLia

NATALIE

INFO
NAT;;25;;
GALESTORM;;ENFORCER
ITCHY.

MENTIONS
NONE

INTERACTIONS
SAL;;SAFA;;SASHA;;GREYSON

OUTFIT

Nat watched as the other two went back and forth from over her shoulder, having gone to work making Salem a cup of tea. Safa had put together their own coffee, but Salem seemed to be too wrapped up in the omelets and vendors to have minded her silent offering of coffee. --That, or perhaps it was the effect of her own poor social skills and the way that she had offered to make the two their drinks without saying actual words. Nat didn't seem to mind either way. Instead, she went to work making whatever she thought Salem might like. They seemed like Earl Grey folk.

When Salem turned back to her, she merely put her hands up in defeat. "You call the shots. Can I just have like, an ass of mushrooms and some peppers?" Tossing her words over her shoulder and mixing in some sugar with a small splash of milk to the tea, it was only another moment before she set the mug in front of the Beta. "You didn't get any options though, this drink chose you," She announced, her hand lagging in the air for a moment next to the mug in gesture. Without missing a beat, she moved on from it, weaving around Safa and retreating to the other side of the counter to stay out of the way.

"Anything I can help with, with all of, uh, that? Sounds like a hell of an undertaking." Her eyes shot back and forth between the two, taking another sip of her coffee. It was still black. How unfortunate. Staying awake almost wasn't worth it.

As the others joined, Nat tossed them each a grin, and a small, two-finger-salute. "Coffee in the pot is fresh," She announced to no one in particular.

"You haven't missed much yet, Safa was just telling us about how she's been up since 4:30 am lifting weights and curing cancer or some shit, and our pal 'Lem here is feeding the city's vagrants. Myself? I've just come back from my own four mile jog," Nat rattled off the events as though they were fact, barely looking up from her coffee as she did so.

"You guys up to anything groundbreaking today?" Nat asked as she looked between Sasha and Greyson, pausing a beat before jerking her head to Greyson. "How was work?"

coded by weldherwings.

Interactions: Vixen - NanLia NanLia
Mentions: Lucian - ACasualBrit ACasualBrit Kane - Maskruelty Maskruelty

JEREMY

INFO
JER;;24
IRONCLAW;;OMEGA
CURIOUS

MENTIONS
KANE;;GROUP

INTERACTIONS
VIXEN;;GROUP

OUTFIT

Jeremy only shrugged at Kane's dismissal of him, drying off his own dishes and setting them neatly in line as the Medic entered, smelling like a Mardi Gras drunk tank. He offered the man a flash of a smile in recognition as he leaned back against the counter behind him, careful to stay out from under Vixen's feet. At this point, he was merely taking up air and he knew it, but there were few things more interesting to him than watching his new packmates interact. They all seemed to be their own brand of intense. It wasn't often that he found himself in a room with quite so many people that seemed to take themselves this seriously. It felt like Mars.

"No, thanks, I already ate," Jeremy politely declined to Vixen, picking up on her cue to continue on as normal. Whatever normal happened to be.

Jeremy gathered himself another cup of orange juice as he listened to the Alpha speak. This Winterball that kept coming up was also foreign to him. Perhaps he was to be requesting his own invitation, but now didn't seem to be the time to ask. The audience wasn't his cup of tea, nor was the air of brown-nosing that he felt this timing might add. Still, he was curious.

"Winterball sounds like a lot of small talk and playing nice." The young man's northeastern accent seemed to go the extra mile to impart his distain for the idea, even though that wasn't his intention. "What do you all go for?" He let his question hang in the air as he took another sip. What was the point in asking to attend if it was going to be boring and stuffy anyway? Shoals didn't quite understand the concept of asking to attend, either. Perhaps it was because Ren was also an Omega. Just like home - but this time, with claws. There had to be something productive he could be doing with that time, instead.

coded by weldherwings.

Interactions: Lyla - Maskruelty Maskruelty ,, Georgi - ACasualBrit ACasualBrit

MARLOW

INFO
'LO';;27;;UNDECIDED
SCOUT ;; DAWNGUARD
EXCITED

MENTIONS
NONE

INTERACTIONS
MONROE FAMILY;;BRUCE;;GEORGI

OUTFIT

"Hell yeah." Marlow whispered the words under her breath, eyes locked on the baby formula as she collected it as though an honor had been bestowed upon her. Gathering the child and taking a seat closest to her parents, Marlow babbled along with Lisa. As Georgi came to take her seat, Marlow glanced towards her with a smile and angled Lisa to face her.

"Absolutely, man. Down with the patriarchy," She nodded along to Lisa's delighted cooing as she bounced the baby on her leg. "I hear he's up for re-election. Did you read about the cheerio scandal? ...-Mhm, oh yeah. ...-No, I agree with you, crazy stuff." It was another few moments of musing about the stockmarket before the pup settled against her with her bottle, as Marlow sized up the idea of feeding a baby eggs in her lap. Of course, there was the high chair, but Mrs. Kingsley didn't raise a quitter.

coded by weldherwings.

[/comment]

Role

Omega

The RiverCrest Pack House

Mentions

"I am just a line without a hook."

Between the storming out of River and the apology from Asher, Finn could feel the tension closing in around him. He shook his head at the apology, clearing his throat. "I-It's okay...but she's right--you should take better care of yourself, Asher." He stated, voice saccharine and touched by genuine sincerity. He cared about the other man--he cared about all of the pack, even if they drew out his anxiety more often than not. A part of him wanted to flee--to go back to his room and eat his breakfast in solitude. The atmosphere of the room felt heavy--thick enough to be cut with a knife and that was easy to say. The freckled omega instead sat silently in his chair, keeping his head down as to not draw attention to himself. He often liked being alone anyway--that, or he was glued to Sabrina's side like a newborn fawn. She was like a mentor to him--a mother, more like it, but they were too close in age for that. The entrance of Skyla had him perking up, offering a small wave in greeting. Soon enough, Jerimiah delivered him his food with a smile. "Thank you, alpha." He muttered softly, a slight smile curling onto his own lips. As scary as the older man was, he really was kind.

Finn set to eating the food made for him, sticking to silence once again. The idle chatter around him helped ease his frazzled nerves, but the scratching of Asher's chair made his own blue eyes snap over. He could only watch him slowly walk away, undoubtedly to his room to finally have some peace. Maybe, just maybe, he would check on him later to make sure he was doing okay. Henry's question drew his attention away, wondering how everyone would respond. He himself had no plans--well, he may go to the river to sit around and draw, but it was cold outside and he would rather just draw from his window. The other male's honey-like accent soothed him--something about it was just so...calming. Finn was sure he could fall asleep listening to Henry's southern draw, and that sounded like a wonderful time. Skyla's answer did not interest him one bit, but he hoped the tracking went well for her. He was not interested in such activities--he preferred fishing.

As Henry offered his own presence, Finn tuned out the conversation. His eating had slowed to nibbling, mostly just pushing his eggs around with disinterest. His mind had finally slowed to a halt, and it left him feeling a bit drained. He needed to take his medication soon--most of then required food on his stomach to take them, anyway. He was glad he had such a caring healer to watch over him--otherwise, he would most definitely forget to take his vital meds. There had been times where he would forget, and those times were never good. A small sigh was pushed through Finn's freckled nose, his eyes locked on an uninteresting part of the table. He was not focusing--his mind was running off with some other idea about a painting or what fish are in season right now. He was a smart boy, and his little zone outs were always filled with random thoughts that lead to greater things...or just obscure ideas.

[/comment]

Role

Beta

The GaleStorm Pack House

Mentions

Salem Hozer

"Society cannot and will not define me."

As Sasha joined the growing crowd, Sal continued their task of cooking everyone's food. Hey gave the other female a gentle nod in greet, too focused on cooking to truly do much else. Safa, of course, just wanted egg whites. They knew this, but hearing it only gave the beta conformation. "Of course, Saf. Comin' right up." They hummed, pulling out a separate skillet. Nat's request had Sal's lips twitching in a slight smirk, but they gave a nod. "Sure thing--an 'ass-ton of mushrooms and some peppers'." They hummed, their tone almost teasing. Sal was by no mean a vulgar person, so it was always interesting to speak with someone who was. They didn't hate it--far from it. It made conversations all the more amusing if they were being honest. Gabe's arrival drew another nod of greeting from them, and Safa's words about having plenty of time to get dressed had Sal silently sighing in relief. The last thing they needed was for such meetings to occur so quickly after breakfast and give them no time to at least look decent.

The mug of tea startled the beta ever so slightly, peering over at Nat almost surprised. They knew that smell instantly--earl gray. It was one of their favorite teas. "It chose well because it is one of my favorites. Thank you, Nat." They said, picking the mug up with their free hand. Bringing the hot beverage to their lips, they took a sip. It was a little sweet for their taste, but still really good. "Almost perfect, too. I gotta give you some props for that." They stated, placing the mug back down before focusing on the eggs they were cooking. They didn't turn directly towards Sasha or Greyson, but their question left little room for interpretation. "Do you two want anything? I'm already cooking so it will be o trouble." They asked, finishing up the Alpha's egg whites. They didn't take nearly as long as regular eggs, so they were done pretty quick. "Here you go Saf--need anything else?"

Last edited:
[/comment]

Role

Healer

The IronClaw Pack House

Mentions

Fennic Van Der Wood

"Don''t you know I'm no good for you?"

The tension in the air was damn near broiling every soul alive, but Fennic was far too hungover to care. He could feel the alpha's eyes land on him from the moment he stepped into the room, and it made his blood churn. For good or for bad, was to be seen. Kane's greeting was met with a sly wink, and Jeremy was met with a sweet smile. He knew he had caught Lucien's eyes before--their previous escapades together gave that away quite well. Vixen's words made him perk up, however, a mischievous grin appearing on his lips. "Oh? Puppy wants to go to the ball? I don't know why--they are exceedingly boring." He complained, taking yet another sip from his water. The female's offer of eggs had him smiling again, letting out a sweet sigh. " Vix you are a dear--I would love some eggs. Oh, how we would all perish without you." He crooned, eyes crinkling as he spoke. Moving from his spot at the counter, the healer moved out of Vixen's way and over to the island. He plopped down in one of the seats, letting out a deep sigh of relief.

The headache-ridden man listened to the Alpha speak about their loving omega, but a smirk couldn't help but grow on his lips. A slight snicker of amusement sounded from the healer, leaning back into his chair with ease. "I think she'd do fine. To be fair Luci, you do allow me to attend the balls."He reminded with a sly grin, rolling his head back without much worry. Jeremy's disdain was warranted--that is exactly what the balls were. A bunch of playing nice, small talk, and alcohol--the third reason was the best one, in his opinion. When the omega asked why they all went, of course, Fennic spoke up. "Free alcohol--duh. Oh, and all the eye candy. Everyone looks very good all dressed up, and it is some incentive to go. Besides, who am I to turn down free drinks and attractive company?" He stated crudely, chuckling to himself afterward. Fenn was the kind to go off at the ball, make friends, and bed someone once drunk enough--as he often did every night of his life. Truthfully, he hated the balls. They were far too pristine and sophisticated for his tastes--he would always choose a back-alley bar over a ball any day.

It was probably because he felt so out of place amongst all the people there. He knew he was lowly--just a sex and drug-addicted healer hiding behind a mask. He hated how others looked at him, too--his name was known by many, and that often wasn't a good thing. People talked, and whispers flew like geese in the fall. Word traveled, and he was not a fan of the disgusted looks some people harbored for him. He didn't deserve to represent IronClaw--if anything, he should be kept at the packhouse under tight surveillance during such important events due to his nature. Fenn's expression dropped for a moment as he thought, but it was quick to pick back up. "You should go, Jer-bear--I'm sure you'd do swimmingly amongst the crowd." He hummed, resting his heavy head on the palm of his hand with an endearing smile.

Harriet

Harriet finished up her meditation. She couldn't remain focused, the dream she'd had over night continued to bother her. It was the first dream she'd had since her childhood and it hard unervered her. She huffed, giving up trying to regain balance and peace once the kettle started to whistle. She pulled it from the flames and set it aside, preparing her and Maddox's morning tea of herbs she'd gathered from the woods around her home. Yarrow root for herself and chamomile for Maddox.

She poured the hot water into the mugs to steep. She headed outside and set Maddox's steaming cup on the step next to her. Harri watched as he finished up his set. "I'm skipping the run today." She sighed in defeat. "Too much to do and I need to talk to Astrid."

Harri waited until Maddox had finished his next set of reps before jumping off the step and nearly bouncing towards him. "I'll get breakfast started." she mumbled against his lips after leaving a parting kiss.

With that, Harriet headed towards the main building for their community, only a short walk from her own cottage. Tea in hand she wandered into the medical centre first, as was her habit, to check on any patients that may have needed to stay overnight (none, thankfully) and their supplies. Unsurprisingly Vivian had beat her there and announced a need to collect more supplies. "I can go out and gather some roots and herbs today." She offered, taking a sip of her tea.

She knew very well Maddox hated when she went to town, despite it being perfectly safe. He always insisted on joining her when he was free or asking her to delay until he could go with her. She didn't doubt he'd follow her out into the woods while she went digging for roots and plants today. "I have a few things I need to find for my own supplies." She shrugged. "It's nothing just to get a little bit more. Plus I want to find some more comb for the winter before the bees start to hibernate."
Briarwood - Pack House, Kitchen • Healer • Happy • Mentions: Maddox Safton Safton Vivian Cosmos Cosmos Astrid spottednewt spottednewt
1 Screenshot_20201216-145058_Gmail.jpg
2 Screenshot_20201216-145106_Gmail.jpg
3 Screenshot_20201216-145116_Gmail.jpg
4 Screenshot_20201216-145124_Gmail.jpg
5 Screenshot_20201216-145145_Gmail.jpg

scroll me!

mood
groggy
mentions/interacts
Rin Cosmos Cosmos Jeremy spottednewt spottednewt Lucien ACasualBrit ACasualBrit Fennec Otter Otter

Kane Ryland

Ironclaw-Beta

Kane did his best to measure his expression toward Lucien, as his alpha spoke of Ren with such callous distaste. He could feel the growl forming in the back of his throat as he watched carefully as a glint flashed in Lucien's eye, something Kane could never place his finger on but a flicker that filled him with unease, paired with his ominous tone as Lucien pointedly finished his response, Kane couldn't shake the newfound apprehension for the ball. He regretted involving his friend almost immediately. In a turn of events Fennic was the one to save the moment by chiming in. Grateful for the change in atmosphere, he dared a slight smirk of appreciation toward the omega. "I'll keep her under control Luc," his tone was hushed as he assured his alpha, using a nickname he hadn't uttered in ages. "Hell, if this one can go without ruination, I think the pup'll be just fine," Kane added, his tone treading toward teasing as he nodded toward Fenn. Without missing another beat he turned his attention toward Jeremy.

"It's a rite of passage for some, anyone with a flair for dressing up really. Honestly just part of the old ways, that's kind of stuck around. It's more for appearances these days and like Fenn said, an excuse for free food and drink," remembering his role as beta he decided to go on. "It's also a chance to represent our pack in front of the other packs outside of the hierarchy. A chance for us to show our pack is only as strong as our weakest member, and our weakest member is hardly that." As Kane spoke the words he couldn't fathom where they had come from. He had never been concerned with the power of his pack, that wasn't his way nor the way he was taught. The idea that somehow Lucien had wormed his way into his head was bothersome to say the least.

Jeremiah Falkner

Rivercrest Alpha | Location: Rivercrest Pack House - Kitchen -> Back Deck Area | Interactions: NanLia NanLia Cosmos Cosmos | Tags: ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi Maskruelty Maskruelty Otter Otter

The man continued eating and listening to the others. Skyla bringing up her own plans to do some tracking and inviting others along. Normally he might not have thought too deeply about it but the dream the night before left some lingering impression that had him mildly concerned. It was enough that he was going to ask someone to take her up on that and tag along, but luckily enough Henry offered rather quickly which gave the Alpha one less thing to worry about. Speaking of, Jeremiah glanced in the direction of the door River had exited and yet to return. The girl was stubborn and hadn't taken well to Asher rebuffing her, briefly he wondered if he'd made the right call in not speaking to Asher in front of the others. If nothing else it might have saved the Lead Scout a headache.

The pack was without a Beta and some days he felt it really showed. Since Felix's disappearance, Jeremiah had taken back on most of the duties he'd left to the man. Plus he'd taken on the Beta's duties as well. After six years of letting Felix handle so much it was a lot to find himself being tasked with, but he'd handled it as best he could for this last year. The man was drawn from his thoughts by Asher leaving his seat and dropping by the kitchen sink before heading for the stairs. Clearly he was more than ready to crash. Jeremiah leaned back on his stool so he could see the stairs as the Lead Enforcer was halfway up, "Asher. Come find me later today after you've rested up, we need to talk." The way Jeremiah spoke made this out as a request but it was one he expected to be upheld. Or he'd end up tracking Asher down instead to have the chat in a lesser mood.

Turning back the mans attention centered on the plate still full of food. None felt the absence of the beta more than River, and Jeremiah was aware of that. Sometimes he wondered if he'd not put so much on her father's shoulders if maybe he'd still be there with them. He couldn't help but feel responsible in some way given he'd named Felix Beta when he himself had become Alpha. Part of the reason he'd not named a new Beta yet was out of respect for the hope that Felix would show up one day, even if Jeremiah didn't personally believe the man was still alive. With a soft sigh the man stood up and grabbed it on the way to the door. Once outside he glanced up and down the long wooded deck outside to see the lack of the girl, noting the morning lake air was pretty chilly as Henry mentioned. A few steps to the corner of the deck where the steps were and he spotted the redhead standing off to the side of the house. With the plate in food in hand Jeremiah leaned against the nearby railing, "You want to come back in and eat or just eat out here on the deck?" He asked genuinely. If she didn't want to go back in that was fine, but missing out on the food wasn't doing anyone any good. They had chairs and tables out here overlooking the lake for that exact reason, though they weren't typically used this early nor at this temperature.​

coded by natasha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back