• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Blessing of the Moon | In Character Thread

Characters
Here
Lore
Here

scroll me!

mood
groggy
mentions/interacts
Rin Cosmos Cosmos Jeremy spottednewt spottednewt

Kane Ryland

Ironclaw-Beta

At the hushed exclamation of his name Kane raised his eyes to find Rin skittering toward him in her usual excited fashion. "Morning, kid," the hulking Beta felt the corners of his lips tug into something of a smile as she entered the room. He had always been protective of Rin, constantly wondering why on earth the petite teen would stay in this pack. As she neared, though, his smile faded quickly as he noticed the harsh red mark standing out on her forehead. Pushing his bagel to the side he turned his whole body toward her. The lines on his face deepened with concern or maybe anger at the thought of someone hurting her, he couldn't tell which yet. "What happened," he asked, not noticing at first the aggressive tone his, already gruff, voice had taken. Luckily he was given a moment to collect himself as Jeremy sauntered into the kitchen and prepared his own breakfast. Kane felt a flare of irritation at the Omega for not addressing him by rank respectfully, which was certainly not helping him control his tone, but he had other concerns. To avoid further distraction, Kane nodded in Jeremy's general direction, if Jeremy looked at him the message of his displeasure would be clear. Kane's icy blue eyes followed as the lower ranking member collected more food than he probably should have and drifted into the common room.

Kane closed his eyes for a split second, collecting himself before turning back to Rin. With his index finger and his thumb he lifted her chin to inspect her better, "What happened," he asked again this time with notably much less anger in his voice. The last thing he wanted was for Rin to be scared of him, most everyone else was, but not her.

♡design by neon reverie, coded by uxie♡

scroll me!

Mood
content, curious
Mentions/Interacts
Astrid spottednewt spottednewt

Kaira Skau

Briarwood-Beta Nominee

Kaira gasped softly as she awoke, her one-room cabin was filled with the morning light. As she sat up to grab the leather-bound notebook beside her bed, to record her latest dream she noticed a light at the corner of her vision. As she turned to address the visitor, it was gone. "You don't have to hide, please come back," Kai tilted her head in curiosity as she beckoned to the, now empty, corner of the cabin. After a few moments with no response, Kai reached again for her notebook with a defeated sigh. Folding her long legs into a pretzel underneath her bedding, she unwrapped the books' ribbon and plucked her pen from its resting place. On one page she hurriedly sketched what she could from the dream, while on the other page she wrote down every detail she could remember. This had been a habit for as long as she could remember, since at least her accident and probably long before. Kaira felt it was a necessary habit now, between hear fear of forgetting again and her concrete belief that her dreams held meaning. She recorded every second of her dreams the moment she woke up, when they were the most vibrant in her memory.

As she finished noting, Kai gently closed the cover and rewrapped her journal with it's ribbon, placing it gently back on her nightstand. Her sapphire eyes scanned the room again for any sign of the lights she had seen upon waking. "Well," she mused, "I'm here when you want to come back." The words seemingly fell into the empty spaces of the room while she flitted around readying herself for the day. After she finished dressing, Kai stood in front of her floor length mirror in a pair of dark-wash jeans and a black and white flannel shirt over her lavender tank-top. She combed her fingers through her mostly white hair, where it had mussed on the left side. The right side was still neatly braided to the back before being tied off and meshing in with the rest. Realizing it wouldn't get much better than what it was, Kaira pulled on her black ankle boots and snagged an apple from the fruit basket on the table by the door as she left her dwelling.

Before heading toward the main house Kai headed deeper into the thicket of trees closest to her cabin. Pulling a small pocket knife from her jeans she began cutting pieces off the apple as she walked, dropping bits sporadically. "Good morning," she chipped to the trees as she got deeper. When she reached a small clearing she sat on the ground, scattering the rest of the bits of apple around her. She closed her eyes and began to speak. "I offer to you what I have, so that you may do the same. I will feed the forest in the hopes that one day the forest may feed me. Thank you," the words were barely a whisper as they passed Kaira's lips. But she knew they were heard nonetheless. She took just a few moments to breathe in the crisp morning air before opening her eyes again and making her way back toward the main house. Before she could reach it she saw Astrid splitting wood by what looked like the beginning of a small fire. Smiling to herself she hurried inside the main house to make a cup of hot tea so as to join her friend.

With the kettle on the stove Kaira took her time to pick a tea-bag from the cabinet. Settling on one of her brews of honey, vanilla, and pomegranate, she plopped the bag in the mug and poured in the water. Without waiting for it to steep she carried it carefully out to the small pit. Not wanting to distract Astrid from her work, she found a log and sat quietly letting herself get lost in the dancing flames as she waited for Astrid to take a break or to be joined by someone else.

Ren Thorneclove - Ironclaw Pack - Omega

screen2_6fe15f71-cf64-4a24-ac9d-1edfe3de3018_2048x2048.jpg

Ren couldn't help but puff out her cheeks stubbornly as Kane lightly lifted her chin in inspection of her like she was a little kid who got beaten up by some bullies, "I'm not a 'kid' ya know~..." She teased with a somewhat proud tone, crossing arms with a smirk, "After all I turned nineteen last week!" She stated before sighing at his enquiry, turning her head away and blushing lightly, "I-.. uh... I maaaaay have hit it on the stair beam?- Is it really that bad?" she asked, a puzzled expression as her nose scrunched up a little trying to look up at the impossible to see spot and letting out a nervous giggle as she shrugged.

She'd barely even noticed Jeremy enter the kitchen, let alone reacted much to Kane's earlier scarier tone. She was used to this kind of thing after all. She knew Ironclaw wasn't the 'friendliest' pack by reputation alone, but she'd never even been outside the pack territory, it wasn't like she could understand what people said about them exactly. "Oh! Isn't the winterball coming up?! I know that I haven't been, uh- allowed to attend one because of, some reason? uh- something about status... But I was wondering if- maybe I mean? C-Could I go this year?..." She asked timidly, biting the corner of her lip with an expression full of bubbling excitement and anxiety. Eyes staring like a begging puppy at the higher ranking male.

The girl really did look out of place here, she was small, her wolf form would be considered a 'runt' at best and she was covered in light marks from harsh treatment by the others when she'd mess up- or uh, a good handful due to her own clumsiness. Ironically she couldn't look less like the reputation the pack held if she tried.
__
Kane- Maskruelty Maskruelty Jeremy- spottednewt spottednewt

Last edited:
River O'Connor - Rivercrest Pack - Lead Scout

ceda192e8345819a420cf8fbdbbee16e.jpg

River was still fuming by the side of the main pack house when Skyla made her way over, jumping a little at the girls sudden appearance and hoping she hadn't heard her talking to her- stomach. As she asked what in particular had pissed off the fiery girl this early in the morning she glared harshly at the nearby window and kicked at the ground once more, "Nothin' all that important. Just Asher being his stupid drunkard self- again." She said rolling her eyes and gritting teeth as she pulled another deep breath, "Why the heck he's the lead enforcer I'll never know, though I do trust the Alpha's choices- can't say I understand em' completely." She said rubbing at the back of her neck slightly trying to work out some more of the soreness from last night.

You could tell the girl was still in high tensions, and most likely would have lashed out at anyone other than Skyla. Her pupils were still retraced a little and the heavy breathing was a clear indicator her body was yearning to shift, go run somewhere- do something. "I-... I think I should probably check in with Sabrina some time soon, I mean... This little one needs a check up anyhow, but I just can't help but feel- out of control lately. Especially after that weird dream last night..." She trailed off the last few words quietly before giving a half smirk and standing back up straight, glancing off into the distance at the water crashing gently against the dock.

She let out another sigh against the crisp air, her own hands burrowed into the hoodies pocket. "So- Uh, did ya' have a good run?" The slightly older scout asked the other with a hap-hazard and slightly forced smirk, the smell of the Alpha's cooking drifting outside and dangerously tempting to the hungry female. However going back in there right at this moment wouldn't be the best idea till things settled- even the oblivious Irish girl could tell that.
__
Skyla- Maskruelty Maskruelty
Mentioned: Asher- NanLia NanLia Sabrina- ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi Jeremiah- Crono Crono

scroll me!

mood
contemplative
Mentions/Interacts
Ren Cosmos Cosmos Lucien ACasualBrit ACasualBrit

Kane Ryland

Ironclaw-Beta

The gruff man couldn't help but chuckle as Ren explained that she had injured herself. Kane turned back to his breakfast picking at the remnants of his bagel as Ren bubbled about the Winterball. "Shit, I forgot about that stupid thing," he muttered to himself before turning back to Ren, her pleading eyes making him feel almost bad for the answer he had to give. "I-I dont have control over that Ren, you know that. But..." he trailed off for a moment, tapping the edge of the counter as he considered his next words. "But, if you want to go that bad, we can talk to Lucien and I'll let him know I think you're ready." Kane smirked with assurance at the young girl. His assurance didn't follow deeper than his face, he loathed the idea of speaking with his Alpha for anything that wasn't absolutely necessary. But, Ren seemed so excited he would do anything to see the smile on her face if she found she was able to attend the ball. He pushed himself from his seat and scruffed her hair playfully before cleaning up his dishes. As he stood by the sink, scrubbing the dishes absently as he thought about his next move of the day. There were probably a million things he needed to get done, or that Lucien wanted him to do, but he had no idea where to start. It was unlike him to be this scattered.

Last edited:

scroll me!

Mood
hungry, apologetic
Mentions/Interacts
Cosmos Cosmos Crono Crono NanLia NanLia ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi

Skyla Brannigan

Rivercrest-Enforcer

At the the mention of Asher Skyla groaned. She had told him she'd meet him at the bar last night, maybe if she had been there he wouldn't have come home in such a state. "I think checking in with Sabrina is a really good idea," Sky smiled softly at the small Irish girl. Glancing again at the pack house as the smell of breakfast wafted into the morning air, her stomach grumbling as she spoke. "It was alright, refreshing." Skyla answered absently. She vaguely registered River mentioning her odd dream, but she wrote off the coincidence in favor of food. "Don't let Asher get to you, love. Maybe a walk would do you some good, too. I, uh, I'm gonna go get some food," she gave a sheepish half smile as she turned and walked inside.

As she entered the house the smell intensified and Skyla let out a soft groan as her nose led her further past the threshold. Her eyes flicked to see Jeremiah manning the stove, "Wow Jay, you were the last person I expected. It smells amazing," she padded around the kitchen snagging a plate and packing it with her share of the spread. "Morning everyone," she chipped at the room as she stuffed a piece of bacon in her mouth. Spotting Asher at his normal seat, she slumped into the seat next to him. "Hey there," she quipped, "I heard you had a bit of a rough night," her playful tone dropped slightly. "I-I'm sorry I forgot." The apology was sincere, especially seeing the man in his current state.

(Don't know how to make my post all fancy like everyone else but I hope I don't disappoint)

Bruce/Dawnguard Enforcer/Dawnguard Pack Home

Bruce like many of his packmates before would jolt awake suddenly after a nightmare of cryptic whispers and falling, at first he was in attack mode. Adrenaline coursed through his veins and Bruce despite his massive frame lept into a fighting position quickly but...there was nothing there and upon seeing the flash of white light fade out the corner of his eye...he relaxed and sat upon his bed. After a minute or so of sitting, the fight or flight (really just fight in his case) response calmed down and he began to realize just how much that didn't seem like a normal nightmare. Usually, Bruce's nightmares didn't involve weird whispering....well there was that one time that Ianira recommended that Asmr thing, Bruce shivered that was a weird night. Something else about the nightmare was that It was also getting harder and harder to recollect details with every second. Eventually, Bruce waved it off as nothing and began his day.

After completing the basic morning hygiene rituals, Bruce would head into the house's training/gym room, finding a punching bag he liked he would get into a stance and begin beating it mercilessly. Now, these bags were designed for supernatural werewolf punching power however even they were sometimes dented by Bruce's raw strength. As Bruce worked out, his mind began to wander and he thought of upcoming events 'Damn winter dance thingy is coming up soon, hate going to those, Nira always is on my ass like I don't know how to behave.' in truth, Bruce's track record with the balls wasn't a particularly good one. Despite what other packs might assume of Bruce based on his stature he was quite young in fact he was only 24 and as such he isn't the most uh mature Enforcer in the pack. 'I mean sure, I might've had a little too much champagne at the last one but if they don't want people jumping off their roof they should put up a sign!' thought Bruce before actually smiling, 'That was pretty badass though'.

After about half an hour of abusing the bag and benching some heavyweights, Bruce worked up enough of an appetite to scarf down a camel so he would head upstairs to the kitchen to find nobody was cooking or even cooked anything! Bruce sighed and began scouring the kitchen for a meal, "Poptarts? What am I seven? Cereal? Ew gross who the hell bought sugar-free frosted flakes! Be ashamed of yourself!" said Bruce with disdain, "Pancakes? Nah too much effort, Javelina bacon? Now that's what I'm talking about!" Bruce ripped open the pack of Bacon and poured a very hefty amount into a pan and turned on the stove, "You would think the Alpha would put forth a little more effort into caring for her Enforcers but I guess it's up to me" mumbled Bruce dramatically, however as he cooked Bruce would feel like someone was watching so he'd turn around and damn near scream as he saw Marlow just sipping a coffee! "What the hell! When did you get in here?" gasped Bruce but he covered up his unmanly scream by coughing loudly "So uh...whats up with you?"

Last edited:
Ren Thorneclove - Ironclaw Pack - Omega

screen2_6fe15f71-cf64-4a24-ac9d-1edfe3de3018_2048x2048.jpg

Ren's face lit up as Kane spoke of there being a chance she could go, "really?!" she let out in a excited manner, jumping a little on the spot in a 'victory' sort of cheerful way. As he got up and ruffed up her long black locks a little she chuckled with a smirk before watching as he went off to scrub the dishes a short distance away. She glanced around a few more times before quickly grabbing an apple from the table and scooting out of the front of the pack house to quickly munch on it before she could be caught eating before the others, it wasn't like her to rebel- but something about her and Kane's recent conversation left her confident enough to take the small piece of fruit.

The cold air stung her skin lightly as she stepped onto the outside ground barefoot in the run down warehouse type district. However the sweetness of the shiny red fruit distracted her from all this as she let a small noise of enjoyment, quickly finishing it up as she sat staring up at the still just beginning to shine sky.
__
Kane- Maskruelty Maskruelty

Colby

Colby leaned down so his shorter statured wife could deliver the kiss to his cheek. He watched Lyla carrying Lisa for a moment, smiling to himself as she doted on their daughter with care and ease. It always surprised him that he'd made it this far, that he was alive with a loving and caring wife and a beautiful daughter. This future, this life, wasn't something he ever thought he could achieve, certainly not after how sideways his life had turned as a child.

Lyla soon left so he headed to the shower to wash up and shave before dressing for the day. Colby wasn't one to slack on appearances and would never be caught dressed in anything less than a collared shirt and neat jeans unless he was in his own private bedroom. He considered himself a professional, in all aspects of work and pack life; an example to the other Scouts that he led and worked with.

Now ready for the day, Colby followed his wifes path only a few minutes before, heading for the kitchens where the pack often gathered first thing in the morning. He wasn't surprised to hear Lisa's howls in the distance, knowing very well that with a pack tightly knit like theirs that she was rarely put down. He jogged the last few feet to the kitchen to see Bruce standing over the stovetop with what looked like a pound of bacon starting to fry in the pan.

"Not going to make enough for anyone else?" He joked, moving around the table to pick up the squealing bundle of joy less she deafen anyone else in her protesting. Colby spotted Marlow not far off drinking her coffee and by the scent of it, it wasn't just coffee. "Morning." He called, settling Lisa on his hip as he went to collect dishes and cutlery to set the table for breakfast.
Dawnguard - Pack House, Kitchen • Lead Scout • Happy • Lyla Maskruelty Maskruelty Bruce VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator Marlow spottednewt spottednewt

Asher

Asher frowned deeply at the lightly coloured liquid as it swished around in the nearly translucent bottle before him. His dark eyes travelled past it to focus on the one that had 'delivered' the liquids to the table rather violently. He was surprised that it hadn't cracked the cheap plastic. He nudged it back across the table to Sabrina. "No thanks. That shit's disgusting and it's for the pregnant one, not for me." He decided to ignore the commentary about being an adult and taking care of himself. It seemed rather ridiculous she was giving him shit for drinking since most nights she was right there with him at the bar.

He glanced at Finn and offered an apologetic smile. "Sorry Finn, didn't think enjoying my night out would come back and create this much drama." He didn't like upsetting the little Omega; he was flightly at best and Asher never wanted his home to be a place where Finn didn't feel safe and comfortable.

Asher heard the front door open again and assumed River was rejoining the kitchen and intent on a second round. He set down his utensils, pausing in shovelling the breakfast Jeremiah had made for them into his mouth and readied for another battle. He was pleasantly surprised to see and hear Slyka drop into a seat next to him.

He gave a faint smile at the commentary. "Rougher morning," He conceded before leaning in to bump his shoulder against hers. "Accepted, but you owe me." He smirked and nodded to Sabrina across the table. "Start with taking this one down."
Rivercrest - Pack House, Kitchen • Lead Enforcer • Drunk / Annoyed • Mentions: Jeremiah Crono Crono Henry spottednewt spottednewt Skyla Maskruelty Maskruelty Sabrina ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi Finn Otter Otter River Cosmos Cosmos

Vixen

Vixen woke to the quiet within the Alpha's quarters. She remained still and quiet, enjoying the peace and comfort of this time. It was her favourite during the day. No need to be calculating. No need to dissect each word, gesture and thought that crossed her. This has always been the only time in the day she could just be.

It didn't last long, but she relished the few minutes she had each day for a long as she could remember, even in her childhood.

She inhaled deeply and sighed, flipping back the sheets to get ready for the day ahead.

***​

Vixen dressed formally, as she always did. She knew very well the value of first impressions and despite the fact that she had been living among the pack for months now it didn't change the image that she portrayed. She was the Alpha's lover, from her understanding this was likened to being the President's wife; there was a need to act and appear at her station. Not to mention it was Lucien's preference.

She paused in putting on her makeup, thinking back on the first day they'd met. Even before she knew what he was she had an interest in him. He was well poised and put together. He was intelligent and calculating and she felt it was a reflection of herself. If she knew now what she knew then their first interaction would certainly have gone far differently, though she knew the result would have been the same - she would have been right here at his side.

Vixen made her way down to the kitchen to start breakfast, in particular Lucien's breakfast. She'd come to learn that being the Alpha's lover came with a series of tasks she needed to complete. None of them bothered her much, though fixing his meals was her least favourite thing to do, however it did allow her to listen in on the remainder of the pack as they chatted among themselves.

She arrived in time to overhear Kane promising Rin he'd speak with Lucien. Curious. It wasn't often that Beta bothered Lucien ; she was curious what it could possibly be about. She stepped through the threshold in time to see the small omega leaving - learning the ranks had been simple for her; they weren't far off of rankings among the many syndicates she'd interacted with in the past. Truth was, the pack operated almost exactly in the same fashion, Ironclaw was no different than a mob family or gang, so far as she had experienced thus far.

"Good morning," She greeted Kane and Jeremy, heading for the fridge to start making breakfast.
Ironclaw - Pack House, Kitchen • Guest • Reserved • Mentions: Kane Maskruelty Maskruelty Rin Cosmos Cosmos Jeremy spottednewt spottednewt Lucien ACasualBrit ACasualBrit

Harriet

Harriet finished up her meditation. She couldn't remain focused, the dream she'd had over night continued to bother her. It was the first dream she'd had since her childhood and it hard unervered her. She huffed, giving up trying to regain balance and peace once the kettle started to whistle. She pulled it from the flames and set it aside, preparing her and Maddox's morning tea of herbs she'd gathered from the woods around her home. Yarrow root for herself and chamomile for Maddox.

She poured the hot water into the mugs to steep. She headed outside and set Maddox's steaming cup on the step next to her. Harri watched as he finished up his set. "I'm skipping the run today." She sighed in defeat. "Too much to do and I need to talk to Astrid."

Harri waited until Maddox had finished his next set of reps before jumping off the step and nearly bouncing towards him. "I'll get breakfast started." she mumbled against his lips after leaving a parting kiss.

With that, Harriet headed towards the main building for their community, only a short walk from her own cottage. Tea in hand she wandered into the medical centre first, as was her habit, to check on any patients that may have needed to stay overnight (none, thankfully) and their supplies. Unsurprisingly Vivian had beat her there and announced a need to collect more supplies. "I can go out and gather some roots and herbs today." She offered, taking a sip of her tea.

She knew very well Maddox hated when she went to town, despite it being perfectly safe. He always insisted on joining her when he was free or asking her to delay until he could go with her. She didn't doubt he'd follow her out into the woods while she went digging for roots and plants today. "I have a few things I need to find for my own supplies." She shrugged. "It's nothing just to get a little bit more. Plus I want to find some more comb for the winter before the bees start to hibernate."
Briarwood - Pack House, Kitchen • Healer • Happy • Mentions: Maddox Safton Safton Vivian Cosmos Cosmos Astrid spottednewt spottednewt

Safa

Safa finished her run at a slower pace than she had the day before. It annoyed her but didn't surprise her, she was too distracted. She stepped off the treadmill and headed to the shower before joining the rest of the pack she could already hear gathering in the kitchen.

She stepped into the room with a smile. "Morning darlings." She greeted, setting her tablet onto the table, disconnecting a few minutes at least. "Big day ahead of us." She continued, she couldn't help but be work focused. "Lots of vendors are coming today. We need to work out seating for the Winerball dinner."

She started taking out plates to set the table. Safa turned her attention directly to Natalie. "You have a good night?" She wasn't, being the Alpha had its responsibilities, including keeping tabs on her pack at any given time. To top that off, Safa was an overachiever and a fan of micro managing.
Galestorm - Pack House, Kitchen • Alpha • Excited • Mentions: Sal Otter Otter Natalie spottednewt spottednewt

playing: Play Dirty by Kevin McAllister

Lucian Bates
Ironclaw | Alpha | Male | 31 | Bisexual
The morning had started hours before sunrise for the restless alpha. His mind had been plagued with images of flashing lights and loud whispers that filled his head until it felt fit to burst. He had sat up in bed, the silk sheets allowing his lithe body to effortlessly rise from the expensive mattress. The throbbing ache in his forehead forced him to reach for the pack of Treasurers on the bedside table and light up. His pale lips clasped around the end of the cigarette before inhaling deeply and slowly. The smoke filled his mouth and the bittersweet hit of nicotine relieved his maladies for a brief moment.

Exhaling a plume of thick smoke from his pursed lips, the alpha glanced down at the sleeping woman beside him. She was as beautiful like this as she was awake, maybe even more so. He watched her chest rise and fall with each uninterrupted breath and thought for a moment how easy it would be to make them stop. Dark locks of hair spread across her pillow exposed the thumping vein that pulsated so invitingly below the porcelain like skin. Had she been anyone else, he would have done it. Or maybe have her do it herself. But she wasn't just anyone. Vixen had become part of him in their time together and he valued her presence at his side.

As the blond leader took one final hit, he sunk back between the golden sheets and tucked himself behind his lover. Her scent filled his nostrils and soothed his mind almost as much as the cigarette had. Perhaps both were as addictive as the other, he thought, until finally he was dragged into the dark depths of his unconscious mind.

The next conscious thought that crossed Lucian Bates' mind was one of distaste. Movement disturbed his slumber and he peeled open a bloodshot eye to silently watch a freshly awoken Vixen dance through her morning routine. Once more she captivated his fascination. She hadn't known a world like his before and yet she seemed to slot so perfectly into it. It was an all an act, he reminded himself, letting her continue as though he were still asleep. There was something about silently watching these candid moments that fuelled Lucian's twisted mind. It was almost like getting to know the truest thoughts of a person.

It wasn't long before his partner left the bedroom, dressed as elegantly as she had been the first day they met. They liked that about each other. Rarely did Lucian leave his room without a shirt and tie, brogues and platinum cuffs. Nor did Vixen leave without her blood red lip and well fitted dresses. Today was no different, and much like Vixen, Lucian got ready to face the day.

His shoes tapped against the polished concrete floor as he strode assertively into the main living quarters, noticing how much of the pack were up and about. His eyes skimmed over each one, not lingering on anyone for too long before moving towards the breakfast bar. Slender fingers decorated with thick rings wavered over pieces of under-ripened fruit before selecting a large apple. The alpha looked it over for bruises and rose to his feet, collecting one of the sharp knives from the wall. The tension in the air was heavy and the silence only made things more foggy. But the way Lucian moved made it seem like he hadn't even noticed anyone else was in the room.

The sound of the knife hitting the worktop echoed throughout the room as Bates sliced his apple into calculated pieces. His precision was eerie but most in the pack were used to his aloof personality. Ren had made a timely exit before Lucian's arrival which was all the better for her sake. Something about her naive nature made Lucian's blood boil. That said, it was the Beta sitting across from him that really toiled with Lucian's mind. Jeremy was rarely trouble. In fact, he filled the stereotype of Ironclaw rather nicely. It hadn't gone unnoticed by the alpha and the two shared a respectful glance.

Vixen had been in the kitchen for a short while before Lucian's arrival and he had noticed her dedication to her role. She was by the fridge preparing breakfast and shared a sweet greeting to the other two males in the room. Raising a brow, the sleek haired male waited for their responses, an air of warning that seeped out from his body like a tidal wave.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
Bruce/Dawnguard Enforcer/ Dawnguard Pack House

Bruce chuckled, "What kinda guy do you take me for? Of course, I'll whip up something for you guys and the little bundle of...noise" Bruce shivered, "I seriously don't know how you do it dude" Bruce being so young and not exactly a super responsible guy, imagined caring for a child being a horror show. Bruce pulled out another pan and slammed another hefty amount of bacon into the pan, he tends to overestimate how much others eat since he has such a huge appetite. "By the way Colby I finally got that interview with the club people, and I got the job!" said Bruce with a hint of pride, "Which means I can finally get out this prison and you and Nira can stop nagging me" Bruce was really working forward to this job, he was a partier by nature so the club was a natural choice and due to his size/brawn he'd make an excellent bouncer.

playing: Alone by Marshmello

Georgi King
Dawnguard | Scout | Gender Fluid | 24 | Pansexual
Georgi King was the type of person who watched the sunrise as soon as it set. She often took advantage of the beautiful landscape that presented hundreds of vantage points across the desert. That night she had taken herself out of the compound and driven to one of her favourite peaks, scaling the monolith like a lemur springing from branch to branch. The young woman was athletic, it came with her job as well as her compulsive need to travel all the time. It meant that she made light work of the challenging climb.

Something felt off that night, like the universe was in distress and calling out to her through thick, one way glass. Whatever it was, it didn't matter. The raven haired wolf lied down on her back and stared up at the starry night sky. Although the desert cooled once the sun went down, the air hummed with light humidity, a feature that Georgi loved. It kept her warm when she removed her jacket and shoes, letting her body connect with the ground below her. Her gaze fell from the sky to the small packet that poked out from her coat pocket. The white powder that lined the plastic sat patiently, knowing its allure would soon be irresistible and that the scout would give in to its call.

The daylight brought about a new sense of clarity and the ever energetic scout sprung to life. With her jacket zipped over her chest and boots tied tightly around her feet, Georgi ran across the desert back to the compound. Her heart pounded against her ribcage and her eyes scarcely blinked before making the leap down a steep dune to the roof of the Dawnguard HQ. She ruffled her hair and slid over the edge of the building, dropping into the courtyard and letting out a cry of adrenalin.

"Mornin' everyone!" She waved through the window, bouncing with each step until she was inside the common room. It was clear that most of the pack had woken up and seeing them all in their dishevelled states was grounding. Noticing a rather entranced Marlow, the springy scout skipped over and planted a friendly peck on her cheek. "You look wide awake as ever." The dig was purely flirtatious, a playful jab at Marlow's reliance on coffee to start the day. Georgi sniffed audibly, waving her nose around the curly haired scout. There was booze in the coffee. She was sure of it. But who was she to judge?

Turning her attention away from her packmate, Georgi's ears twitched towards the soft cries of Lisa Monroe. She was the youngest member of the Dawnguard family and a fucking treasure if Georgi ever saw one. Standing nearby was her doting mother, a sweetheart with a rock and roll exterior. If there was anyone that Georgi looked up to, it was this woman. In a way, she reminded the scout of her own mother, someone who wasn't afraid to tell it like it was but a heart that would do anything for those she loved.

"If it isn't my favourite sprog!" Georgi cheered, swiftly making light work of the space between her and the kitchen. She tossed her jacket onto the couch and bounded over to the Monroes, leaning down to pinch Lisa's cheek gently. She raised her head to address the squarely built enforcer who seemed to be packing his weight in bacon into a pan. "You got a job at the club? Breezy or Bates' black hole?" Her voice was clear but light, a common sound to those in the Dawnguard pack.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
Interactions: Kai - Maskruelty Maskruelty

Mentions: Briarwood Pack
(Notably: VI - Cosmos Cosmos Maddox - Safton Safton Harri - NanLia NanLia

ASTRID

INFO
O'MALLEY;;25;;LESBIAN
BRIARWOOD;; ALPHA
RESTLESS

MENTIONS
HARRI, VI, MADDOX, KAI, GENERAL PACK

INTERACTIONS
Kai

OUTFIT

When Kai came and took her place at their morning bonfire, Astrid only smiled in response, continuing to hack away at the logs in front of her. O'Malley could feel the other woman's presence. It was calming. There were times when Kai felt as though she was Astrid's more level-headed, other half. The silence between the two was comfortable as Astrid made quicker work of the axe, eager to finish.

"Any big plans today, hot stuff?" She shot at the woman as she leaned the tool up against the closest bench. Although her tone sounded sarcastic, he grin on her face was genuine as she straightened to look her friend in the eye. It wasn't until then that she realized just how stiff her back had been. Her awful sleeping habits were beginning to find new and exciting ways to inconvenience her life.

"I'm hoping I cant get you to talk to our friends about who's going to the Winterball. Rather, that you can help me sway any stragglers." The young alpha paused as she pressed her hands to her lower back and stretched backwards, eyeing the large sliding glass door to the communal kitchen for a moment. The sound of scuffling inside and the brief glance of Harri and Vi coming and going from the medical quarters had caught her interest. With a proclivity for touching base with her packmates in the morning, she was already itching to see a few of them. Particularly their newest arrival - Maddox. It was an unspoken ritual that they rarely ever broke, but if she were honest, she was still itching to wander back inside and make herself a cup of hot chocolate to warm the path of ice that the cold air left in her throat.

coded by weldherwings.

Last edited:
Interaction: Finn** - Otter Otter Jeremiah - Crono Crono Asher - NanLia NanLia Sabrina - ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi

Mentions: River - Cosmos Cosmos

Henry

INFO
'ABE';;26;;GAY;;
RIVERCREST;;ENFORCER
OVERWHELMED

MENTIONS
ASHER;;FINN;;RIVER

INTERACTIONS
GENERAL;;FINN

OUTFIT

"No sir," Henry straightened before craning his neck back to see Jeremiah. "It's awfully nice of you to be cookin' all this food," He added with a small smile - still visibly testing the waters. His home training made situations like this tricky. More than anything. Henry wanted to jump in and make himself useful - to find some way to contribute. It hadn't been an option with 11 siblings; as he'd grown accustomed to in recent years. Here, he didn't have any idea where to begin or how to move around the others without feeling as though he had two left feet and rocks for brains.

Before long, Henry's curbed amusement with the scuffle between Asher and River had faded into neutral, almost annoyance at the number of things his brain was trying to process quite this early in the morning. The fact that his patience for it had been short annoyed him even more; causing him to shove it to the back of his mind. It was as though a switch had been flicked at Finn's jerk to flee him. He pretended not to notice, although it was hard for him to shake such a red flag, and the jerk reaction caused a small pang of guilt in the back of his throat. His monitored his reaction carefully, eyes fixed on the counter in front of him as though sleep was still prying at his mind. It wasn't hard to pull off - he hadn't slept well in the slightest, and the cold morning air had sucked the life out of his run.

"You're never in the way," The man asserted - tone firm but casual as he collected the pot from the omega - strategically making two feet of space between them as he moved to pour the coffee into his mug over the sink. Replacing the pot and switching it on to begin another batch of coffee. The man found himself at the far end of the counter from the others, watching as the mess played out as River stormed out and Asher delivered his apology to Finn. A small smile hinted at his lips at the Lead Enforcer's words.

"Y'all have any big plans for the day?" He lifted his voice slightly, glancing around as he took another sip from his mug.

coded by weldherwings.

Last edited:
Interactions: Sal - Otter Otter Safa - NanLia NanLia

NATALIE

INFO
NAT;;25;;Lesbian
GALESTORM;;ENFORCER

MENTIONS
NONE

INTERACTIONS
SAL;;SAFA

OUTFIT

When her Alpha entered, Nat was leaning heavily against the counter, sipping at a chipped mug of black coffee; and suffering through every moment of it. The way the bitter liquid ran down her throat stung in a way that she hadn't quite been prepared for. It took the woman just a beat too long to realize that she was being addressed. The sound of Safa's voice made the right side of Nat's mouth curl up into a grin. The smile had made its way to her sleepy eyes in a way that she hadn't expected. Hell, if she didn't know better, she'd think she had been painting the town red last night.

"Wreaking havoc, as usual, boss," She spoke with a smooth quality that reminisced of the rare moments that she spoke on air for the radio station. Natalie Miller would never admit that her usual cadence when at attention and her talk show voice were a little too similar, but she wasn't much for admitting to anything; as a blanket statement.

"How about you? Finish a half-marathon this morning?" The light teasing seemed to hold little of her own attention as she moved towards the cabinet of mugs and conjured two more, her chin jerking towards the coffee pot in question to both Sal and Safa.

coded by weldherwings.

Interactions: Vixen - NanLia NanLia Lucian - ACasualBrit ACasualBrit Kane - Maskruelty Maskruelty

JEREMY

INFO
JER;;24;;BI
IRONCLAW;;OMEGA
RELAXED

MENTIONS
KANE

INTERACTIONS
VIXEN;;LUCIAN;;KANE

OUTFIT

Jeremy weaved in and out of Kane's disapproving stares with ease, paying little mind to the way his entire body language changed when Shoals came into view. Disdainful looks were nothing new to the omega, and the growing pains of trying to fit himself into a new pack wouldn't be any different. Besides, he couldn't be all that upset with Kane for being off-put by him; but not remotely enough to change.

"Good morning, Vixen!" He smiled to the woman, having set his cup down so that he could take the apple from his mouth and greet her properly. As far as Vixen's place within the pack, Jeremy didn't ask questions that he didn't need to know the answer to. All he knew was that he liked the way she never seemed to half-ass anything. Everything she did was done just so - and while dressed to the nines. If anything, he'd be inclined to take a few pages from her book. Regardless, she'd been kind to him, so he'd return the sentiment.

Lucian came into view just as Shoals returned to wash his dishes, and he returned the man's glance with a nod and a casual salute. Pushing up his sleeves and going to work on his own dishes, as well as whatever odds and ends had been deposited into the sink thus far, Jeremy couldn't help but but think about the dream that had lurched him back into reality that morning.

"You sleep good last night, Kane," The man asked after a long moment of silence, wringing his hands on a dish rag as he leaned up against the counter. He was somewhere between acknowledging some annoyance at the tension, and making small talk; but he couldn't exactly decide what his intention was.

coded by weldherwings.

Interactions: Bruce - VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator Lyla - Maskruelty Maskruelty Colby - NanLia NanLia

MARLOW

INFO
'LO';;27;;UNDECIDED
SCOUT ;; DAWNGUARD
EXCITED

MENTIONS
NONE

INTERACTIONS
MONROE FAMILY;;BRUCE

OUTFIT

At the planting of Georgie's lips on her cheek, Marlow seemed to reanimate, as though she was waking back up. It took her a moment for the exchange to register in her brain, but as it clicked, a playful smirk grew on the woman's face. Gingerly, she pretended to pluck the kiss from her cheek and tuck it into her pocket.

The sniffing however, earned a joking, angry frown as she moved the cup away from the other woman's nose. She knew there was no use trying to hide her habits from the other members of the pack - the sense of smell in the house wasn't exactly lacking - but she didn't like being reminded that she wasn't slick.

"Dreaming about you, babe," She shot back with her own flirtatiousness, although her frown had still lingered, but only barely.

At the entrance of the baby and her mother, Marlow began making quicker work of the coffee in her mug; making wide, playful eyes at the baby from across the table as she settled into her highchair. Having lost interest in her drink, Marlow strained to lean across the counter and dump it out. The woman's fingertips flipped the faucet on and sloshed around the water in her cup a little before taking a sip to rinse out her mouth and discarding it into the sink. A large grin grew on her face at Lyla's mention of food before it fell completely; into deadpan.

"Are you serious? You'll share," While the first was delivered in proper monotone, there was a hint of excitement in the second question - as though she had been holding her breath.

The sound of Bruce's voice made Marlow's head whip around, although she took a moment to shoot Colby a smile and nod of acknowledgement.

"Wait, you're making breakfast? You're both invited to my birthday party," She stated as a matter-of-fact. The childish words didn't quite fit her serious, gravelly voice. With another beat, she held her hand out towards Lyla, flat; as if to try to freeze her in that moment. "Follow up question. May I feed the baby?" The words were placed before the woman carefully, eyebrows raised in thoughtful questioning.

coded by weldherwings.

Last edited:

Jeremiah Falkner

Rivercrest Alpha | Location: Rivercrest Pack House - Kitchen | Tags: Sabrina- ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi , Finn- Otter Otter , Skyla Maskruelty Maskruelty , Henry- spottednewt spottednewt
Mentions: River - Cosmos Cosmos , Asher- NanLia NanLia

The mention of an odd dream by the two in the kitchen area took the Alpha's attention momentarily for a moment while he continued to divvy food out onto the plates. Jeremiah kept partial concentration on the pair near the stairs as the arguing continued with Asher firing back, just in case the Alpha needed to intervene. Some might argue he already should have but it wasn't his place to shut them down if they got into it, not unless it went too far. Finn didn't stick around long, opting to eat away from the current conversation at the table. Henry replied with the charming southern drawl that wasn't the most common out here, the young man was the newest addition to the pack and still adjusting. Jeremiah remembered that all too well, he'd been nearly the same exact age Henry had when he had found himself infected and joining Rivercrest. Though their circumstances were far different the Alpha got the feeling he understood how the Enforcer was feeling more than he realized. "It's no problem Henry," He spoke with a light chuckle, grabbing an extra plate. "The least I can do is take up cooking duty when the chance presents itself."

Once he'd finished placing the food on everyone's plates including one for Henry, Jeremiah moved out of the kitchen and around the counter area towards the large dining table where Finn sat and placed his plate down for him. "No sausage as requested." He'd said with a soft smile before turning back around and heading back towards the kitchen and to the refrigerator, pulling out the carton of orange juice and pouring himself a glass. "You're both welcome." He spoke to the pair that thanked him for cooking. But paused before eating, wondering if he should go check on River before he did so, knowing full well the woman was fuming and likely trying to get a grip on her emotions in her current state.

Skyla entered, telling him that River was likely okay. Though she'd been quick to throw out the nickname he wasn't fond of, one his sister used and had somehow spread into the pack. How? He's not sure, maybe on one of her visits. The older man gave an tired sigh, "I've asked you not to call me that. And if you showed up to breakfast more often then you might realize I cook the food you heat up after everyone's done eating more often than you think." He shot back at the young woman while turning and heading for the opposite side of the counter so he could pull up onto a stool in front of a plate of food. Opting to start eating before it started to cool. Mouth full when Henry's question was voiced, Jeremiah's head cocking slightly in thought while taking a sip of his orange juice. As Asher stated so elegantly earlier, Fishing with the Trawler was over for the season so as far as his job was concerned nothing was going on. "Nothing planned." Jeremiah offered up with a light shrug of his shoulders before continuing to eat, rather than staying silent.
coded by natasha.

scroll me!

mood
questioning
tags
Lucien ACasualBrit ACasualBrit Jeremy spottednewt spottednewt Vixen NanLia NanLia

Kane Ryland

Ironclaw-Beta

As the Alpha's lover made her entrance Kane had to fight the disdain threatening to show on his usually placid face. Her seemingly well-intended words snaked into his ears as if they were the animal itself, despite the pleasant tone her voice carried nothing about Vixen set right with the Beta. The thought of ignoring her greeting flittered across his mind until Lucien made his entrance. Good morning, your highness, the sarcastic response tugged at his lips, luckily his brain caught his wit. "Morning, Vixen. Need help with anything," the greeting that came out instead included a respectful nod in her direction and an empty offer, knowing damn well Lucien's pet wouldn't risk someone else making a mistake.

As Jeremy sidled up next to him to wash his own dishes Kane had expected to finish in silence. Any other day the omega's question would have seemed like a terrible attempt at small talk, but after the sleepless night Kane paused. Stacking his dried plate back in the cabinet, Kane raised an eyebrow as he turned to look at the newcomer. His eyes darkening to a more grey hue as he searched Jeremy's face for any indication that he may have had a similar night. "I slept," he quipped deciding he wasn't about to discuss odd dreams with an omega, especially in the current company. Despite the short answer his tone held a tinge of playfulness. Just enough to let the boy know he had earned a point with the hulking Beta.

His boots met the floor with soft thuds as he closed the distance between himself and the Alpha. As he turned his attention to Lucien his tone reverted back to it's typical rocky stoicism. "Good morning, Alpha. When you have a minute I have something I want to run by you." Kane's voice made no waver to indicate just how much he despised speaking the man he should consider a brother. Kane could never understand why his father had taken such a liking to Lucien, something about him had always seemed off, even when they were children. Even now the air around the Alpha seemed charged differently. It held a sense of electricity, both enticing and frightening, a mixture that never sat right with Kane.

[/comment]

Role

Beta

The GaleStorm Pack House

Mentions

Salem Hozer

"Society cannot and will not define me."

Sal was in their head by the time Natalie had joined them in the kitchen, eyes glued on the omelet that was frying in the pan. The greeting forced the beta's head to turn, eyes calculating as they washed over Nat. She was out all night again, wasn't she? They could see the dark circles under her eyes, smell the outside air on her clothes--did she think Sal wouldn't notice? The beta nodded their head in a greeting, eyes shifting back to watch the food as to not burn it. As soon as Sal went to speak, another voice entered the room--Safa. A slight smile curved onto thin lips as the Alpha greeted them, dipping their head slightly."Morning to you too, Saf--Omelet? Since I'm already here." They offered, motioning towards the sizzling pan.
Saf's question made Sal snicker ever so slightly, rolling their eyes at Nat's response. "You're a shit liar Nat--you know that, right?" They prodded playfully but pushing it no further. Sal knew better than anyone that some things didn't need pushing to be said--sometimes it was better to let them be. As the Alpha reminded them of the several vendors coming today for preparation, Sal sighed. "Fuck--I forgot that was today. When are they going to be here? I know it's early, but I have to a least look decent." They explained, motioning to their baggy jeans and old band t-shirt. As the beta, they knew they would have to present decently to these vendors--even if they knew who they were and how they acted normally. It was best to seem at least a little professional, seeing as this was a large event for all of the packs. Sliding their cooked omelet onto a plate, their eyes again shifted over to Nat. "What do you want in yours? And don't give me any 'i'm not hungry' bullshit--you're eating if I have to force-feed you."

[/comment]

Role

Healer

The IronClaw Pack House

Mentions

Fennic Van Der Wood

"Don''t you know I'm no good for you?"

If it wasn't the dream that woke up Fen, it was the splitting headache he had. The dream was almost like a fog in his mind--he could remember it, but it was fading by the second. He chalked it up to a weird coke-induced hallucination because his normal dreams were either non-existent or explicit. His blue eyes slowly opened as he registered the throbbing in his head, blurry eyes meeting a ceiling that wasn't his room. Of course, he wasn't in his room--it was rare for Fennic to even sleep in his room. His head slowly turned to see the body of a female lying next to him, her entire back showing. She was naked--so was he, and he could assume the events that transpired last night after he took a few lines. Slowly sitting u (both to not wake the sleeping girl and because his head was spinning), the healer slid out of the bed and began to get dressed. This was a normal routine for him--get high, find someone willing, sleep with them, crash at their place, wake up, leave, and go home. He never looked back, never left his number, and never searched for them after--"Pretty for one night, but not for longer" as he liked to say. He adapted it from his mother's phrase she used on him "You're pretty enough to sleep with, but not pretty enough to love." He repressed most of their last fight, but that one line would haunt him forever--because it was true.
It took him no time to get out of the apartment, making sure to be as quiet as he could. The crisp air slapped him in the face, his lightly tanned skin crinkling around his eyes and nose as he reacted. Fen began walking back towards the packhouse, pulling a pack of Camels from his coat pocket and lighting the cigarette once the butt was in his mouth. His head was still throbbing as if he was hit over the head with a baseball bat, but he would just take some pain killers once he got back to his room. Breathing out slowly, smoke billowed from his lungs much like a chimney on a cold winter day. This was his life--it may seem sad to some people, but he wouldn't have it any other way.
The town wasn't too far away from the pack house, so walking took maybe thirty minutes. Hell if he knew--his sense of time was all screwed up due to the hangover he was sporting. Having a cross of a coke low and a hangover from the several drinks he had last night was not helping him in the slightest right now. Soon he was walking up the main door, flicking the butt of his third cigarette onto the ground before walking inside.
He could smell food cooking as soon as he stepped one foot in, the door closing with a soft noise. Fennic shrugged his coat from his shoulders. hanging it by the door to leave him in his dark green long sleeve and denim jeans. He knew he smelled of cigarettes, a bar, and mild perfume, and the new hickeys on his neck would tell everyone just where he was. Walking into the kitchen to see roughly everyone there, the healer smiled suavely. "Good morning assholes--and Vixen. Looking beautiful as always." He hummed, voice raspy from the previous night. His tone was mildly playful, but exhaustion was clear as day. If the dark circles didn't give that away, his slumped posture would. His lithe body could be seen moving towards the fridge, opening it up to grab a bottle of water. He couldn't see Ren anywhere and assumed the energetic pup had run off somewhere. His eyes skimmed over Kane and Jeremy, deciding to engage unless spoken to further. And then there was Lucien--the big bad Alpha. Fen knew the other quite well at this point, but his crude words wouldn't go nearly as punished as it would be if someone else had said them instead. Popping the cap of his water bottle open, Fennic tilted his head back to drink the crisp liquid. He was leaning against one of the counters quite heavily--what he needed was some rest, but he was curious to see just what events could transpire in this short amount of time. “I’m assuming this isn’t a happy, friendly lil family get together with this tension in the air—what did I miss?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back