• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Bleach: Welcome to the Bureau of Death (Interest Check)

Killerclown

Two Thousand Club
"Well, you are awake kid. Let me be the first one to welcome you to The Bureau Death. I am Jennings, your case manager, now let me look for your file and see where you belong in Soul Society."

The Bureau of Death is the main Shinigami organization of the United States of America, though their members prefer to be called "Agents". Born from a schism early in the history of the U.S from a war with the European "Reapers" aka European Shinigami which mirrored with the American Revolution. After the war, a declaration from the Soul King stated that the newly formed "Brothers of Death" were granted rulership over America's Soul Society, which angered their European Cousins. The Brothers evolved over the years into the modern-day "Bureau Of Death", a large, autonomous, and very bureaucratic organization who answers to the "Council", the democratically-elected governing body of America's Soul Society alongside the Soul President The Bureau themselves distance themselves from their "foreign cousins" by wearing suits and often carrying themselves as government agents, and not as grim reapers. Ever since the Bureau took over operations, they have not welcomed any foreign Shinigami into their domain, the territorial Council viewing visitors with suspicion.

Recently, a very ambitious councilwoman and the first Asain-American by the name of Sally Kurumi, part of the Modernist party, suggested inviting "diplomats" from different parts from Soul Society and having them tour around America's Soul Society and possibly work with Bureau agents to rebuild severed connections with the rest of Soul Society. The Traditionalist party objected to this and lobbied hard to keep this idea down. Despite their efforts, however, the resolution passed and Sally, as a Japanese American, chose to invite the Japanese Shinigami, who share very cold, but not hostile, relations with the Bureau, to come to the U.S. As these diplomats arrive, they will be greeted by a land of both familiar and new threats, a seemingly labyrinthine government plagued by bureaucracy, cold, crass, and sometimes uncaring agents, and more. And with something sinister brewing under the surface of this land, it will be up to these two completely different groups to work together to defend Soul Society from a threat that could destroy it from the inside.

As you can tell, this is an RP set in the Bleach Universe. In this, you are either playing as an agent of the Bureau of Death, a typical man or woman in black, or as a traditional Japanese Shnigamii in America for a diplomatic trip. You would be working with each other to kill hollows, cross over spirits, and other Shinigami duties while fighting off a threat to Soul Society that emerged when America declared it's independence.

If interest is shown, I will detail more about America's Soul Society and new threats that can be encountered by unsuspecting Shinigami.

Last edited:
So, essentially we would be the Pinkerton Agency in the world of the dead?

Oh I'm absolutely game for that.

Words of advice: It may be a better idea to show the details of murican soul society first rather than saying you totally have details but won't reveal them until you get players. People prefer it when you're upfront about these things, I find.

Huh, had a similar idea a while ago, so you have my interest. Though yeah knowing how this'll operate and be different from regular Bleach would be really nice.

Alright, the CS will up either tonight or tomorrow. But, before that, here is more information about America's Soul Society's government, courtesy of Jennings, the overworked, snarky Bureau bureaucrat.

" So, the big wigs up in Control sent ya down here to talk to me about how Soul Society works? Alright, here is da skinny. First thing ya need ta know is that Control strictly monitors everything "Shinigami" as you call us does. Control is the guys in charge of all Bureau military operations in both the Land of the Living and elsewhere. They are lead by General Bill Cavendish, a general from the Civil War; he is a good guy. Control is based in Bureau HQ; in that grey eye-sore, they call a tower. Bureau Agents are usually organized into the Brothers of Death, our sole military unit. The Brothers typically have to get actions, like crossing over spirits and investigating necromancer or outsider activity. Thanks to the damned Bureaucratic backlog Control, has, it may take a while to get it approved. Hollows, however, are free game and all Agents are encouraged to slay Hollows on sight if and or possible.

Directly above Control is The Council. they are the big cheeses in charge of almost everything in this part of Soul Society from making laws to enforcing the Soul King's decrees. They are democratically elected, as you no doubt noticed on the way here from all the posters smeared all over the place. Elections here tend to get ugly as Council members spread all over the Necropolis looking to get the people's votes. We have two big parties, the Modernists and the Traditionalists. The Trads are the party of keeping up the traditions the Brothers started centuries ago. They opposed you lot coming over here in the first place. Next, are the Modernists. They wise to "evolve" our corner of Soul Society and have it catch up to the Human World. The Trads are currently the dominant party, but that could change this election.

Finally, at the top of the big heap is the president of our little corner of Soul Society, or the Soul President if ya prefer, Sylvester Conners himself. Sylvester Conners was, of course, elected in a very close election over 100 years ago in a process very similar to our living counterpart's presidential elections, the electoral college and all. Conners was an oilman from the late 1800s when he passed away and made a name for himself here in Soul Society before being elected in the 1919 election. The Soul President's duties are very similar to the Living President. He also has the duty of being Control's secondary leader, after the General of course, and has the authority to bypass the normal processes Control goes through and can order Agents anywhere he wishes for them to be. He is aided by his "cabinet", advisers and heads of the various departments, including Control, Council, The Judicial Department, The Treasury, and other departments

Last edited:
The character sheet is up.

So why do the Americans still call their reapers Shinigami and not something more like, American? I guess "Reaper" works; it's simple and the English dub called them "Soul Reapers". Why are Zanpakuto still called Zanpakuto?

Do they wear suits and ties? Or do they still wear kimonos? Are their zanpakuto still zanpakuto? Or are they like, cavalry swords since America doesn't historically have a connection with bladed weapons?

Duwang Duwang Actually, the American call their Reapers Agentsm since they are Agents of the Bureau of Death. Good point on the Zanpakuto though. I would think it would be a mix of Cavelry Swords, Rapiers and Swords they borrowed from their European cousins. I put in the Shinigami part in case people wanted to play as the Japanese Diplomates.

Hang on, this is American based but we are using a Parliamentary System? And we aren't beholden to the democratically elected Soul President, but the Soul King? I died fighting for George, not King George the First.

Any possibility for Zanpakuto style guns? Lol I mean Americans have a huge connection with guns rather than swords, though swords are glorious. I feel like Guns fit agents better than Swords but 🤷‍♀️

Any possibility for Zanpakuto style guns? Lol I mean Americans have a huge connection with guns rather than swords, though swords are glorious. I feel like Guns fit agents better than Swords but 🤷‍♀️
Or maybe American Quincy use guns instead of bows? Btw are there American equivalents to the other factions like Quincy?

Zanppakuto Guns or Spirit Cleansers as Agents called them can work. Also, haven't thought about American Quincy, but I suppose they could exist in America too, but probably under a different title. How about Exterminators? They would have guns as well, which manifest as light constructs that fire bullets made out of spirit energy.

I don't think Quincy really need a new name because it's already Western and in the Japanese franchise was already kinda foreign. Quincy in America could just be German immigrants who came over after WWII.

Or there just aren't American Quincy since Uryuu was supposed to be the last one alive.

Lol, the don't have to be german just because the name is dervided from there.

Should the American Espada be Mexican immigrants?

Yeah and they're all technically dead. That's why Uryuu became the A.

But also what Arrancar are depends. Like, do they use "vos"?

Addendum: Does the Bureau have squads similar to the Shinigami? If so, how are they organized?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back