• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
B
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

~
interest check

AtlannianSpy

Alarmed and Strangerous
Bleachundyinglogo.png

Something strange is happening in Hueco Mundo. Soul Society’s expeditionary teams within the land of the hollows report unusual migratory patterns and, more concerningly, more hollows are crossing over to the human world.

Soul Society’s forces stationed within the human world are struggling to cope with this influx of hollows, not only are there more hollows, many of them appear to be more powerful than those typically sighted in the material world almost as if something is driving these more powerful creatures out of their usual territory deep within Hueco Mundo. Although Shinigami leadership debated sending reinforcements to the human world it was ultimately determined that this would undermine the fulfillment of other duties such as the security of the Seireitei, in place of these reinforcements, a more creative solution has been decided on…

Acting Lieutenant Yuuichi Sanazaki has been charged with an unprecedented duty: recruiting humans to act as part time shinigami, freeing up regular shinigami to focus on the more powerful hollows. This newly founded Human Shinigami Liasion Office has already began sending representatives all over Japan looking for suitable candidates to recruit. That’s where you come in...

You are looking for a job. Fortunately, since humans are not well known for their selflessness Lieutenant Sanazaki has been provided with a generous budget of human currency with which to hire the services of enterprising and discreet humans for this important task. Shinigami are not quite up to date with the latest job searching apps so the Human Shinigami Liasion Office (HSLO) has gone for the old fashioned route, so the small town of Iminaza where you live is now plastered in paper ads reading some variation of:

SHINIGAMI WANTED
PART TIME HOURS. COMPETITIVE SALARY
INQUIRE AT THE “REST FOR THE WICKED” CAFE

Now most people would conclude that a notice like that is some kind of prank but, well, you kind of really need a job so you decide to check it out. Only time will tell if you come to regret that decision but one thing is for sure, you will never look at life, or death, the same way again.

Welcome to Bleach: Undying!
Hello, hello! It's been too long since I had a good Bleach rp and with the somewhat recent announcement of the anime being continuedd I figured now was as good a time as any to go ahead and make my own. Bleach: Undying is an AU rp featuring all new characters, with a focus on emulating the early episodes of bleach: we'll be predominantly focused on the human world and playing as human characters working as substitue shinigami. I do have some grander machinations in mind as well though, so rest assured you'll get your hands on shikais and bankais and so on in time and get to deal with some bigger threats, it's just my intention to to tie that stuff into a more intimate, fleshed out setting.

So if any of that sounds appealing then stick around and keep reading and I'll fill you in on how this is gonna work!

What to expect from Bleach: Undying!

• An intimate city setting to explore and develop! Iminaza iss a small town but it's full of secrets. Collaborate with GMs and fellow players to add in new locations, characters and events!

• Utilizing a simple, flexible system create and develop a character with their own unique fighting style! Earn experience through roleplaying and combat to learn new techniques and grow stronger!

• An all new, gradually unfolding story with your characters at the centre! Uncover the reasons behind the unusal Hollow activity and confront the sinister forces behind it!

Our expectations and Rules

• The RPN site rules are in effect: This is pretty obvious and everyone should be familiar with them but if you need a refresher Here is the link.

• The GM and any potential Co-Gm's are in charge: That would just be me at present, but it's possible I'll take on more staff in response to the needs of the RP.

• Remain respectful of your fellow RPers: Just be cool to each other, even if you have disagreements or find your personalities don't quite mesh do your best to remain civil. If you can't resolve any disputes to your mutual satisfaction I or another GM will step in.

• Let your voice be Heard: If you're not sure about something or just have a great idea for the RP let us know! We can't do anything about it if it stays in your head. We will eventually have a discord server open to all players for easy communication. You can also post anything like that in the OOC and free to PM me if you would rather speak privately, I'll do my best to stay on top of such correspondence.

• No Godmodding: Broadly speaking godmodding refers to controlling someone else's characters by writing their reactions or confirming attacks on them in your own post. This isn't very fun to deal with for the other person and not conducive to good roleplaying. Don't ever do it to another player without their permission and be careful about doing it to NPC's.

• Do your best in terms post length and quality: We are aiming for detailed with this RP, multiple paragraph responses with good spelling and grammar are ideal. We can be flexible about this to some extent, scenarios and situations just aren't conducive to long posts and sometimes people are tired or busy. The bare minimum is a paragraph or so that's been given a good once over for errors. Detailed responses give your RP partners more to work with and make you more fun to RP alongside so it's to everyone's benefit if we all do our best. If I feel like your responses lacking then I'll reach out and we can have a friendly chat about how to extend and improve your writing.

• Post Regularly or Stay in contact when you cant: You can read our Posting policy in detail in the OOC thread. But the short version is this: If you don't post when a scene is waiting on you after a week you will be skipped over, after two you will be removed from the RP. We can always make exceptions to this rule for people who talk to us and give us notice when they aren't able to post, but if we don't here from you that's the end of it.

• Read all the provided material: These are in the linked threads. There's quite a lot there so you don't need to memorize it all or anything. But at minimum give everything a quick once over and be willing to check back in if you need to look anything up.

• Oh and most importantly of all...

Have Fun!

in it to win it.

I'm honestly not super into Bleach... but this seems well made and well thought out...
I'm interested.

The way this is set out is entertaining! Almost like an advert, but for a TV show. I've been on the Bleach-side of the fanfic world for a few days so writing about it will be...

wow hey everybody very excited to hear from you all! Hello again to all the familiar faces and welcome in to the new ones!

I'll be spending some time tonight finalising the character sheet for you to get your teeth into and I'll be working on setting up a discord server for us to chat in and resolve any questions you might have.

In the meantime you might like to familiarise yourself with the mechanics and worldbuilding pages, though it sounds like at least a few of you are way ahead of me there~

great! weclome aboard.

For everyone the character page is now up so you can start working on your sheets! I'll be working on my own CS as well if you'd like to wait around for an example but otherwise you can get straight to work!

Is there a preferred place to OOC? Specifically I think it might be best for everyone to give the basics of what character they are trying to make so people don't end up making the same thing. (coughIchigoclonescough)

mmm I think we'll use the discord for that. Anyone who'd like an invite to that go ahead and PM me here and I'll send you an invite just so we're not spamming people who aren't sure yet.

I realize you mentioned that the game's focus is on humans acting as temporary Soul Reapers, but do you have anything particularly against someone making something like a rookie Soul Reaper, or a Fullbringer or something? Just want to know if we can break out of the box a little.

Yeah I reeally would like to keep the tone a bit more narrow and focused, especially to begin with I want everyone to pretty much be on the same foot and have that human perspective.

Laster on I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to people picking up some extra, non shinigami abilities to play with but I'm shooting for something quiiite specific to begin with.

Well, Fullbringers are entirely human, but I understand. Just wanted to make sure, thanks for the reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back