• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Bleach: Shattered World (AU)

... I think I'm just not going to try making RPs again or if I do, go about just the "This one is focused around Shinigami" or "This one is focused around Enhanced Humans". T.T

Quincy can be the most idiotic and horrible thing involved, a complete abomination that drags the entire series down and ruins it. Is it cannon though? Yes! Therefore its allowed. Bount can be a genius idea, one filled with such great thought that is unparalleled in the entire world. Despite being some filler content it fits perfectly in the lore to the point of being flawless and its very design is the definition of perfection. Is it cannon? No? Then its not in. It is that simple, and its meant to be simple like that. I don't know why there is any arguing about any side and how they are because I couldn't care less the reason I wasn't including the blanks had absolute 0 to do with what they were and the fact they will filler and I want to keep things simple enough and just follow basic cannon elements just in an AU setting.

Again, I literally said to use cannon as a VERY BASIC outline of things, its not what happened exactly necessarily. There can be many Quincy living outside scattered in the world, doesn't even technically need to of been a Wandenreich in this... its an AU. Its literally just the basic outline to make things simple. I don't know why there is the need to complicate things and why there is such a massive misunderstanding what I meant by saying 'use cannon as a very basic outline of things' as if I was saying "THE RP IS 100% CANNON EVERYTHING HAS TO BE EXACTLY THE SAME". I'm trying to not make a wall of text for people to even begin to come up with ideas for their characters I want them to feel open to come up with ideas on their own or discuss elements they might like to have involved which I can see and work out with them.

I'm sorry if I started something? Please don't abandon the thread. btw, when are we getting the character apps?

Duwang Duwang Nah I'm not abandoning lol. Just a little frusterated is all, been drinking a little so sorry partially my fault. I'm going to try and have character sheets up hopefully by tomorrow, not really good for me to do that tonight or I would.

If you want to do a little bit of preplanning/formulating I'd say just consider both Positives and negatives when it comes to your powers/abilities. Depending where you might be at the time of the event you might be completely isolated away from your family or companions 8 years ago. Even if you live in the same area/region as them, you could suddenly be a vast distance away as a single town could of been split into 2-3 pieces now thousands of miles apart with the ability to travel between locations quite difficult traveling through the various wastelands or even great areas of sheer nothingness where stepping into it your likely going to fall down into oblivion.

Right, if I may explain. This is a game based on Bleach. An AU, yes, but based on Bleach. The AU aspect you presented is just the stuff with the Soul King, right? So, as the game is based on Bleach, which has all this established stuff for all its different character types and factions (the stuff that made you say Visored are off the table, for instance), people familiar with Bleach are generally going to, you know, assume and/or expect things will follow the established things the game is based off of.

Right, if I may explain. This is a game based on Bleach. An AU, yes, but based on Bleach. The AU aspect you presented is just the stuff with the Soul King, right? So, as the game is based on Bleach, which has all this established stuff for all its different character types and factions (the stuff that made you say Visored are off the table, for instance), people familiar with Bleach are generally going to, you know, assume and/or expect things will follow the established things the game is based off of.
No... not just the Soul King part was AU... I said NONE 0 ZILCH NADA of the cannon characters exist. The closest would be the Soul King and they would of been a different person just filling that role.

But yeah... AU means that Alternate Universe. Maybe things changed in the last year but for over the decade of roleplaying I've done its always pretty much signified its just the basic setting without all the characters and likely elements changed or adjusted. I've never had an issue with people in other AU RPs I've done assuming "oh its all cannon except for one event" generally people know right away 'oh its just using the setting and elements of the world' as a basis. If there is a particular question then that usually comes down to someone asking about a certain element for clarification. Like I can see something popping up about that like 'well how is that like' and a question in regard to some element but the last few fandom RPs I've done in the past I usually never have people expecting AU to be following the story piece by piece exactly.

Again, hey maybe AU for people now has changed. COuld be just an old school Roleplayer like me is behind the times and the youngins have overthrown things and changed what its like. :P

Right, like I said. An AU of Bleach. That has its differences but also, as it is based off Bleach, "the setting and elements of the world as a basis". You provided your differences, no canon characters, Soul King is dead. So, what wasn't marked as different, IE, what wasn't given an AU element, one assumes follows "the setting and elements of the world" acting as a basis, yes?

For the sake of sanity lets just drop this. Unless I spent half my life in the Berenstein dimension and was recently sucked into the Berenstain dimension as far as I know its been the way I've known.

Anyways, I'll probably see about making a discord server if people like that as well to chat or discuss or plan or what not if they rather use that for quick chat over using the forums. Character sheets I'll work on having up tomorrow and hopefully figure out how I want to handle things. I may use a stats system for the sake of comparing characters and their specialization (don't worry its just a 'at a glance' there ain't no dice rolling or any funny business if I use it) though I'm still up in the air.

Anyways if you got any questions or anything feel free to ask here or in PMs or if you want to start trying to flesh things out. Probably not going to be on too much longer here though I'll work to get to it tomorrow.

I can't say I've seen a basic, non-dice based stat system actually make things better.
I assume its not helped? I mean all its really for is "Oh your Strength is A rank? There strength is C rank? Well clearly in a physical struggle your going to outdo the other!" Pretty much that nothing beyond that. Also makes sure people don't do the "Oh well my character is Master at strength, speed, endurance, poker, doing the cha cha cha, and painting the Mona Lisa". Though yeah still not 100% sure. ^^;;

I assume its not helped? I mean all its really for is "Oh your Strength is A rank? There strength is C rank? Well clearly in a physical struggle your going to outdo the other!" Pretty much that nothing beyond that. Also makes sure people don't do the "Oh well my character is Master at strength, speed, endurance, poker, doing the cha cha cha, and painting the Mona Lisa". Though yeah still not 100% sure. ^^;;
You'd think that, but it tends to fall apart since different stats and skills can have different inherent values such as Zanjutsu/Hakuda vs Hoho/Kido which typically punishes people who want to focus on the former over the latter. Plus overpowered characters could easily be avoided by people being told to cut it out.

You'd think that, but it tends to fall apart since different stats and skills can have different inherent values such as Zanjutsu/Hakuda vs Hoho/Kido which typically punishes people who want to focus on the former over the latter. Plus overpowered characters could easily be avoided by people being told to cut it out.
I mean its not meant to be a science its just a rough thing. :P I wouldn't break things down into specific stuff like Zanjutsu or Kido it would be broad overbaring things like "Strength" "Speed" with like something menat to encompass Kido and that ilk of techniques. If I do it, its meant to be very broad and not insanely specific. Personally I think stats work fine... I mean I have to at least think so I kinda maybe sorta helped push that trend a bit on the site with all these foul copy cats that took it and used my geniusness! But Yeah I'll figure out tomorrow. Again, if its there don't expect it to be super complex or anything of the sort.

Yeah but my concern isn't that it's going to be complicated, simple stat systems are the ones that typically either fall apart and add nothing to the RP or there's a single stat that does too much and punishes everyone that doesn't focus on it.

I've had plenty of positive of positive experiences with stat systems myself so there's anecdotal evidence both ways.

I think it's a bit premature to worry about imbalance in any potential stat system before you've even seen it.

Power scaling triggers me and I'm too much of a lucklet to let the possibility of me hitting things be decided by RNG. On the other hand, whether I hit things being decided purely by having a bigger number, or even worse, by shear player fiat is also pretty dumb. The dice on this website is also tick based, which is to say it isn't truly random, and you can roll whatever you want given that you timed it well.

In other words, you lose regardless of what you choose and nobody has fun.

Wait what? They really work like that?
To be fair a lot of random number stuff is based in some part on time, granted with that your talking like a super tiny fraction of a second where you start getting digits from to the point its impossible for a human to ever time it. Though I assume this site might be more tied to like seconds or miliseconds where its more feasible to manipulate it.

Yeah dice on here aren't... amazing. Even with that aside its limited what you can do... in part why my dreams of doing like a dice based game is all but unlikely here. Luckily for me I don't really do dice games too often thats primarily for when I wanna go all nerdy and DnD stuff. :P

Power scaling triggers me and I'm too much of a lucklet to let the possibility of me hitting things be decided by RNG. On the other hand, whether I hit things being decided purely by having a bigger number, or even worse, by shear player fiat is also pretty dumb. The dice on this website is also tick based, which is to say it isn't truly random, and you can roll whatever you want given that you timed it well.

In other words, you lose regardless of what you choose and nobody has fun.
I completely agree. Its in part why its meant to be a rough guide. I mean if you got it set up so someone with say A Strength can just take someone with B strength and push them into the ground that would be stupid it should be a decent battle with the A rank winning out if the competiiton was purely of physical strength not counting anything else. That said, if I'm doing stats its literally going to be "How is your character balanced" where its just showing your characters focus so someone who is a Jack of all Trades would have C rank across all stats were someone else might focus on certain things so might have say A strength but neglected Speed completely so they have E in that. A captain comes in and would have that same rank balance but clearly their much stronger anyways so its not like there is a competition to start with even if you got say A in Kido (just as an example not sure what I'd do yet) and they have a C, chances are they would probably still wipe the floor with you with using Kido... though against someone with their same rank and relative power they would be behind on that.

I'll be around there to ask questions or you can ask them here or through DMs on here. I'll hopefully have the CS thread up tonight on here I'm working on fleshing that up and try and not be cruel with it. Feel free to also discuss any ideas or anything of the sort you like there maybe to flesh the world out or elements to add or anything of that sort. I'm pretty open up to discussion with things and open to being convinced with the right words or bribery. Heck bouncing ideas off each other is more then welcome part of the fun is figuring things out together to come up with ideas for characters or what not. ^^

Orikanyo Orikanyo Sigfried Sigfried Lizzie M. Lizzie M. Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 Duwang Duwang EkoEkoAzarak EkoEkoAzarak AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy Virus Virus Zerohex Zerohex Shining Wizard Shining Wizard Hopefully I got everyone who posted here and you all have some interest... otherwise send your complaints to Orikanyo Orikanyo about me tagging you with all the hatred and malice you have directed towards me.

I think stat systems are a fantastic idea but they also need some method of determining who wins in the case of identical stats/ensuring that it's not just biggest stat stick guy wins automatically because that makes contested actions boring.
Therefore, I think we should have a 3d6 roll-under success-count system with stats rated 1-5 to ensure maximal smoothness.

EDIT: Also the idea that a higher ranked person is just blanket stronger and can shit all over a lower ranked character is the absolute worst way to go about this why would anyone ever do that.

I think stat systems are a fantastic idea but they also need some method of determining who wins in the case of identical stats/ensuring that it's not just biggest stat stick guy wins automatically because that makes contested actions boring.
Therefore, I think we should have a 3d6 roll-under success-count system with stats rated 1-5 to ensure maximal smoothness.
I mean I tend to go with the 'how does the fight play out' element where its about roleplay rather then using the stats to systematically come out with a winner. If I went full blown stats I'd have to make the stats more complex in how they work and then have to figure a system in which you can actually judge a fight out based on said stats (which really is pretty much that roleplay element of how the fight is done anyways). I just prefer it as a 'this is how a character is balanced out as reference, now roleplay things out and we shall see how things go'. If for some reason things can be figured out through roleplay or something of that nature, then yeah you could use a coin toss or other element.

A captain comes in and would have that same rank balance but clearly their much stronger anyways so its not like there is a competition to start with even if you got say A in Kido (just as an example not sure what I'd do yet) and they have a C, chances are they would probably still wipe the floor with you with using Kido

What's even the point of stats then if they matter except when they arbitrarily don't matter at all. I'm not against stats, though really just having people list what their character's good at and slapping them if they go too far seems like a much better idea, but either they apply or they don't. Half measures and nonsystems only muddle things up.

I'll be around there to ask questions or you can ask them here or through DMs on here. I'll hopefully have the CS thread up tonight on here I'm working on fleshing that up and try and not be cruel with it. Feel free to also discuss any ideas or anything of the sort you like there maybe to flesh the world out or elements to add or anything of that sort. I'm pretty open up to discussion with things and open to being convinced with the right words or bribery. Heck bouncing ideas off each other is more then welcome part of the fun is figuring things out together to come up with ideas for characters or what not. ^^

Orikanyo Orikanyo Sigfried Sigfried Lizzie M. Lizzie M. Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 Duwang Duwang EkoEkoAzarak EkoEkoAzarak AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy Virus Virus Zerohex Zerohex Shining Wizard Shining Wizard Hopefully I got everyone who posted here and you all have some interest... otherwise send your complaints to Orikanyo Orikanyo about me tagging you with all the hatred and malice you have directed towards me.

Only one problem... I don't have discord, am I doomed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back