• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Bleach: Shattered World (AU)

EarlyBlaringEnglishsetter-max-1mb.gif

I don't have that information really at hand at the moment this was more to check if people were even interested to start with. I still got to figure out all the details of the CS I want to do. But sure I can send a message if you really want.

Gooooood.

Its probably going to be case by case. As far as I guess 'races' go (I mean its more so different groups really and their abilities) the only real thing I'd say is limited is I'd be sticking to canon stuff so stuff like Hellverse or the bounts probably won't be a thing, though I'm always open to being asked about something or pitched it. Just expect me to probably be iffy about adding some new thing in.

Power wise creativity is always great. I am a stickler for balance so if you got something powerful I would expect something that counters or limits it to balance it out. Heck even if you have a very mundane power I'd still expect some sort of drawback even if its likely some matching mundane drawback. The world might be out of balance but your characters best be at least to some extent balanced.
I want the power to bonk really hard

Hanarei Hanarei
Yeah it's always kind of awkward to describe the various groups since a lot of them are genetic but they're not all the same bloodline and they come from humans and it just gets messy and weird. Anyway, are you open to Arrancars and/or Vizored?

Also I really get the feeling that Bounts are so forgettable no one would even bother with trying to make one.

Visored are probably out of the picture since in-canon you'd need to be pretty strong or else the process just kills you.

Hanarei Hanarei
Yeah it's always kind of awkward to describe the various groups since a lot of them are genetic but they're not all the same bloodline and they come from humans and it just gets messy and weird. Anyway, are you open to Arrancars and/or Vizored?

Also I really get the feeling that Bounts are so forgettable no one would even bother with trying to make one.
Most likely would say no to Vizard. You pretty much need a very certain situation to happen for it and I'm not really sure if I'd want that to be a thing... not to mention a Vizard would have a clear advantage against a shinigami of equal strength. Then again I do like the theme of them so I'd have to kind of tease the idea a bit though if I did them I'd probably limit the use of a Zanpakuto or something.

As far as Arrancar goes, they are actually more likely to happen naturally (it just involves tearing off their mask) though its still quite a rarity and they for the most part wouldn't be at the level of the ones in the series given they were pretty much perfected. Given how the Hallows pretty much are required to feed to survive now its not very likely they would be very friendly so I'd doubt there really would be any for the fact they would basically be siding with their main source of food. :P

Throwing my hat in the ring here as well. Ah and btw Hollows can and in fact do eat eachother, it's how all the high class Hollows sustain themselves and grow in power, so it's perfectly possible for an Arrancar to be part of the group.

Its probably going to be case by case. As far as I guess 'races' go (I mean its more so different groups really and their abilities) the only real thing I'd say is limited is I'd be sticking to canon stuff so stuff like Hellverse or the bounts probably won't be a thing, though I'm always open to being asked about something or pitched it. Just expect me to probably be iffy about adding some new thing in.

So if we're sticking strictly to canon then who killed the Soul King?

conspiracy theorism time.

Its all Aizen.

the deaths? Aizen.

Lack of food? Aizen.

No more taco tuesays? Aizen.

So if we're sticking strictly to canon then who killed the Soul King?
To clarify, I was saying the cannon as far as quincy/full bringer/ect. All characters and the like are meant to be original characters. It is AU to avoid that.

As far as who killed the Soul King... ITS A MYSTERY!

Though in all seriousness I haven't quite decided yet. Its not really all that important in the scheme of things outside of background details and the fact it might lead to certain groups being looked on in disdain. I'll leave it open though its either going to be the Quincy, some Aizen figure of some sorts, or left as a general mystery. I'm probably leaning towards Quincy just because it gives the chance for a faction to be in some rather shaky ground with others right off the bat (with those part of it maybe having regret for it falling apart the way it did) though really any of the ways could work without changing the general flow of things.

Well I mean:
Aizen was gonna replace soul king, Gol D Roger or Ichigo was gonna replace the soul king once Squad Zero got done wrangling them, Lord Tokinada had a replacement soul king lined up...
The only way to especially get to the soul king to kill him is to already be a soul king candidate, you see. That and there's, like, two? Quincies that aren't aligned with the Stenritter so honestly I'd say if anyone was gonna be banned it'd be them since it makes no sense for them to be around unless Uryu went all Ghengis Khan and spread his seed to the four corners of the earth.

I guess it just seems weird to not play fast and loose with canon at this point is all I'm saying.

Well I mean:
Aizen was gonna replace soul king, Gol D Roger or Ichigo was gonna replace the soul king once Squad Zero got done wrangling them, Lord Tokinada had a replacement soul king lined up...
The only way to especially get to the soul king to kill him is to already be a soul king candidate, you see. That and there's, like, two? Quincies that aren't aligned with the Stenritter so honestly I'd say if anyone was gonna be banned it'd be them since it makes no sense for them to be around unless Uryu went all Ghengis Khan and spread his seed to the four corners of the earth.

I guess it just seems weird to not play fast and loose with canon at this point is all I'm saying.
I think your somehow misconstruing me that I'm using basic canon factions as using the canon? I'm pretty sure I mentioned I am not using ANY of the Bleach Cast at all (unless you want to call the Soul King that... though it could easily of been some other person fitting that role). As far as elements go I'm not just going to let something happen 'just cuz' either else you fall into writing issues where you have consistencies in the story. I'm leaving flexability but I'm going to work to keep things functional so it doesn't fall apart if someone were to question how something works. Like if someone made a character with 'quincy and Shinigami are best buddies" and someone else did "They were mortal enemies" there is a clear contradiction there that wouldn't work. Its why I say follow the basic idea of canon as a guideline, and naturally if you got ideas that go against it or something you like you can always pitch it and we can see if it would work.

They're not really a canon faction though, is what I'm saying.
The Quincy "faction" is literally one guy and his dad because up until that complete ass-pull of a final arc the Quincy were all genocided by soul reapers for being a horrible blight on Soul Society's everything and actively eating away at the world everyone lives in to make their arrows and junk.
My point here is that "nazis were all hiding in a pocket dimension" is literally no different from the Bount's "these vampires were just hiding in a pocket dimension", it's the exact same justification for surviving Soul Society's periodic mass ethnic purges. Thus it seems weird to allow Quincy but ban Bount, esp since Bount have more interesting gimmicks on the whole than Quincy since 90% of their powerset is dependent on being Gol D Roger's elite guard.

I'm not arguing against Quincy, I'm arguing in favor of Bount cuz "they're filler" is an arbitrary double standard.

... O.o but you literally said they were a faction that was slaughtered by the Shinigami so how are they the same as the bounts? They clearly existed in Cannon... not to mention who says they all had to be killed off? Your treating like its 100% like cannon... its a base line of 'those factions exist' and thats it. Nothing dictates there can only be 2 random Quincy hanging around or the rest are tucked away in some other dimension in hiding. Okay bam I allow bount, now I need a way to explain bounts and add another element in that complicates things. Well then who says Zanpakuto spirits can't be separate beings? BAM thats cannon now even though that arc has things that start contradicting later in the Manga. Well hell exists now, BAM now I gotta explain that, oh and then now I mix in how that works and then consider all those elements. Hell, why not make another faction called "Life Savers" that are the Human verse of Shinigami and have their own garb and their own faction now as the opposite of Shinigami? I mean sure wasn't done in the filler but hey its got just as much validity.

Focusing on canon just simplifies things and is the reason why its done. You are just creating issues by trying to toss in everything that might not of even been created really knowing the full extent of the story meant to just fill in time to keep a series running without forcing the anime to go on break. It makes things much easier to stick to canon concept. Again, canon is a LOOSE GUIDELINE its not going to follow it point to point its AU. All I used was canon to give a general guideline for consistency because otherwise I'd make it vastly more complicated not only on myself having to write dozens of pages on each faction, but that requires people to read said content and also can limit them on ideas that I might read and go "Thats not bad, let me adjust the lore" to make them work.

Hanarei Hanarei
I'm not seeing how Bount would complicate much of anything? You have fullbringers and they're also humans born with special abilities after their souls were affected by magical shenanigans. Bount don't really contradict anything and are about as sensical and well integrated as any faction, but whatever IDGAF about the Bount and if you don't want to cover that stuff I don't mind one bit.

But I have to say tho, Shining Wizard's pretty much right about Quincies you know. Like, their everything has always stood in direct opposition to Soul Reapers, their powers are harmful to the spirit world and everything related to it and have been that way even before the final arc came around. Their entire history has always hinged around this and how they were wiped out by Shinigami. So, what'd be the point of allowing Quincies because they're a canon faction if they're not actually gonna follow anything about their canon counterparts beyond "they're arrow dudes"?

My this chat is quite... bount-tiful~

Ohihohiho

Users who are viewing this thread

Back