• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

SomebodyElse

Caught in a storm
So I was thinking of doing a bleach RP that likely starts from the beginning of bleach in Karakura Town and follows the main story or a similar one.

it would be a mix of OCs and Canon characters, spin-off characters and movie characters are fine within reason. I would want the non OCs to have a sensible reason to be located in Karakura Town rather than just an excuse to play a character from the get-go. (It wouldn't make sense to have a bunch of soul society characters arrive way earlier in the story for no reason or have villains just appear because that would mess with the story) but soul society characters would be allowed within reason as long as the explanation would be good enough, likely they would accompany Rukia or end up being sent after her later on. I will probably have people be more centric around playing Karakura Town related characters in the earlier parts of the story. So more focused on humans and Soul Reapers sent to Karakura Town or Soul Reapers doing tasks within the soul society.

The story would focus around Ichigo and friends that would experience the entire bleach plot. So most characters would likely be humans attending Karakura High, Quincies attending Karakura High, or soul reapers in the soul society or soul reapers sent to the human world at the beginning of the story.

Playable Characters

- Humans: Preferably Karakura High Students or Teenage Aged Students, adults could be discussed although I'm not sure about them. These humans would gain powers and likely become humans with powers or soul reapers. Canon humans could be run by me for approval. It's possible that their powers could fall under the classification of fullbring but Fullbring wouldn't be something brought up till the Fullbring Arc

-Soul Reapers: Whether an OC soul reaper or a canon one, they could be run by me for approval. I am okay with captains and vice captains however I want the characters to be grounded enough to be able to put beside humans at points without it not making sense. They could be sent to accompany or persecute Rukia and end up staying in the human world trying to track her. Maybe they got seperated. Also Soul Reapers could start out within soul society. I'm open to discussion of people playing Karakura Town Soul Reapers like Kisuke and Yoruichi but they might be hard to include in every situation.

-Quincies: Quincies would be allowed. They would probably be Karakura High Students in secret. They would likely know Uryu if someone ends up playing him.

The goal of this RP is to create a living breathing open world that includes: The Soul Society, Karakura Town and Hueco Mundo (Later on). Other locations may be visitable as requested or brought up in the story, so some locations may be added later on or allowed to be visited during the story where needed. Once we reach the soul society arc and the Hueco Mundo Arc I think it could make sense to open the locations to be visited at any time.

You will be creating an OC with their own place of residence and family members, so we could have the ability to visit eachother's houses within the RP as necessary and have family members being played by you or another person. (related characters would be allowed)

The story is adaptable but will mainly follow the main bleach storyline.

One of the big downfalls of RPs is them dragging along slowly so I will be cutting things into an episodic format that can adapt to the Arc Format when needed. This means I'm gonna be time-lining how long certain events go on for before moving the RP along regardless of what's going on. This won't always apply but if it's a means to stop stagnation and save the RP from dying then I will do it.

This will include BOTH canon and OCs and multiple characters are allowed. No current limit to the number of characters played at once. Freedom of moving around the open world is allowed and people are allowed to forge their own quests or mini-plots or adventures as long as it doesn't interfere with the main story. You'll be allowed to join someone else's mini-adventure or do your own thing within the open world during free-time when no big plot point is occurring.

Don't worry about post lengths, I hate requiring people to do them so I will simply ask for people to be constructive and productive.

Vizards and Arrancars and other types of characters may be allowed at a future date. Such as a character becoming a vizard or playing some of the vizards located within Karakura Town but for now I want it to be primarily Humans&Quincies in Karakura Town or Soul Reapers sent to Karakura Town with some level of Soul Society characters being allowed. I probably will have soul society be a seperate thing until the soul society arc as long as I can manage GMing too different locations. But I might be forced to ditch the soul society until it's introduced.

I'd be open for this, got a few characters I could use depending on what is ok'd (If I can find the CS's when I made them previously since it been a LONG time since I played in a Bleach RP).

The only thing that jumps out is regarding full bringers, Since Fullbringers were actually a thing from the start of the series but they just didn't get a name until later on I think? Since Chad and Inoue were two of them. So if you went that route would it just be "Human" until the Arc when you finally learn the name?.

The 3 Characters I had were a Fullbringer, Hollow and a Shinigami, though would likely need to chat over the concepts a bit in either case. Would there be a Discord being used at all for OOC or just a OOC thread?.

The only thing that jumps out is regarding full bringers, Since Fullbringers were actually a thing from the start of the series but they just didn't get a name until later on I think? Since Chad and Inoue were two of them. So if you went that route would it just be "Human" until the Arc when you finally learn the name?.
The 3 Characters I had were a Fullbringer, Hollow and a Shinigami, though would likely need to chat over the concepts a bit in either case. Would there be a Discord being used at all for OOC or just a OOC thread?.
That’s basically what I was gonna do since it wasn’t revealed that type of power was called fullbring until the arc. If need be I can try introducing it sooner since that was pretty far into the story, I think it was like right before TYBW. I would be okay with fullbring but it won’t be called that because of how far into the story that term takes to be revealed.
As for OOC I’m doing both a discord and a OOC thread here on RPN since not everyone likes one or the other. Plus it’s beneficial to use both to some extent IMO. I can work on creating some threads and discord in a bit once we get some more interest.

8-9 would be a decent minimum as long as people are willing to fill canon roles and not just have the roleplay be a bunch of OCs

Oh wait, nevermind. I would only be interested in playing an OC and not a canon character, so I'll retract my interest. Canons and OCs rarely mix in shows where there's a Mary Sue who is designed to be the greatest. They work in DC/Marvel scenes but rarely anime because there is always a main hero and not multiple. Therefore, it doesn't make for a fun or unique experience.

That is kind of true, having too many cannon characters does lean towards a bit of a railroad sometimes in that the cannon need to do certain things/scenes and things go a certain way, at least with the main cast at least. Out of those interested, I don't know who would prefer to play cannon characters and who would prefer to play OOC. Me myself kinda of never really can get into playing Cannon characters that much etc.

Well I don’t really wanna end up changing the RP so it might just die if nobody wants to play any canon characters.

I mean there is the question what OOCs would be doing while MCs/Cannons do the main story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back