• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
PlusUltra PlusUltra

1661798408361-png.1016913

"You will learn in time that everything has a reason behind when it comes to Soul Reapers and their tactics. The phrases that I speak increase it's power, otherwise you very well might have broken through that barrier with ease" It was not his first time training one who had seen the bizarre and yet could not understand it completely. There was never an easy way to teach these concepts to someone who didn't grow up knowing them, so he always favored showing the potential they could wield. Her exchange with his counter surprising Lei as she recovered a short distance away. The barrier fading before her eyes as he refocused his spirit energy. A white reiatsu expanding around him.

Shibuya watching Kotori's moves with growing interest; her agility and senses not losing their edge against abilities she hasn't seen before.

"This kid..." Lei said with a shake of his head, her skill could already rival most academy recruits. It was either incredible foresight or luck, one of the books flew too high and blocked Shibuya's view during the same moment as her pursuit. Lei clenching his teeth as he had tried to block her, but his arms were an inch too high. The sound of air leaving his lungs as she connected couldn't be faked, though there was a sudden flash of yellow light before it took on the shape of spinning disk in his palm; managing to sneak Enkōsen against his side and save himself from a broken rib at the very least. His body flying backwards and smashing into a shelf of books and causing loose paper to fly everywhere

"Powerful Soul Reapers are able to use Kido without using incantations, granted they are diminished in power, but it is a life saver...or a rib saver in this case" his voice called from the debris, dusting himself as he gave her a distance wave, grinning all the while "You're damn strong, so tell me. from what you've seen and our size difference I should've have been completely annihilated right?. Any mook off the street certainly would have. So why didn't I? What differences do you see? What is it you'd like to learn from me cause I gotta say, you are my favorite kind of student. The most dangerous, limitless potential! You wanted it from the top. Well first things first; I was once Captain of 11th Division of Gotei 13, to explain, it is the military branch of the soul society. I don't represent their stuffy ways too often now, but we still both seek to cleanse hollows and save souls from destruction and damnation if we can help it. If you want to truly wield power in defense of yourself and others then what you need is your zanpakuto. A soul cutter sword. It will show you exactly what your spirit energy can do" He said, his spirit pressure blowing the dust and debris away as his hand flourished across his blindfold, and in a flash of red light revealed it to be a bladeless hilt. Kotori seeing that his eyes were without pupils.

"Your fighting capabilities and spatial control are already on it's way to being Reishi level 7 or even 6, but understand, the training is not meant to just be simple work either. it's for your survival. The hollow you see and have faced were dregs thinking you'd be an easy meal, but there will be those far stronger than you've faced, and your charm can hide such a robust spirit pressure for so long. This at the very least will allow you to face any threat you face, and perhaps your destiny will be made manifest"

Hanarei Hanarei LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Orikanyo Orikanyo AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

1661806373451-png.1016981

Everything was wrong today, Kodzuchi warned her about her sins and here she was committing a plethora of them in her own division; showing the lieutenant such disrespect, what was she thinking? This case had been eating at her since Rin's disappearance, and distrust among everyone only exasperated the stress she felt. It didn't help that Dieter had to be the one to question her, he always knew how to get under people's skin and for some reason he always wanted to get under hers the most, though she could never prove it with how crafty he was. She had flown off the handle, and the last thing she did was want to make Sensaina look bad. She knew the questions weren't personal, but they still had managed to piss her off:

"Do you know Rin Koharu, 2nd Seat of Division 10? When was the last time that you saw her?"

"Do you know Tsumugi Emiko, 18th Seat of Division 1? When was the last time that you saw him?"

"Where were you on the days that they supposedly went missing?"

"Do you know Kanna Kurugi of the 5th Division? Did you ever hear any rumors about her?

"Where were you the night she was reported missing?"

"Your old friend, Asahi is among the missing, do you have anything to share about that? Do you have an alibi?"

"Do you know Benjiro Honda, 2nd Seat of the 3rd Division? He was reported missing yesterday by his captain after not being seen for several days. Wen was the last time you saw him?"
"Of course I know Rin! I ask you about her all the time! I saw her the morning before she went missing, She decided to practice with someone else that day, but we were supposed to have dinner at her home that night"

"Only heard of him, he and Rin practiced together. I guess he was the training with her that day huh? "

"I made Daisuke do my kido assessments, after which my lieutenant was training me in learning Bankai; They can both verify
"

"Rumors? about Kanna? only that she was adopted by Captain Shinji, oh and her Bakudo is hella strong"

"She was...outside the 3rd barracks right? I was sneaking out of 7th barracks at the time, trying to find answers about Rin...until Lieutenant Sensaina found and reprimanded me"

"What the hell do you mean share? He was nothing but good to me and treated me nicer than half this damn society does. You want an alibi? How about I was in Jinzen that entire night"

"Lieutenant Honda always had the coolest demonstrations, the one he did for new recruits a couple years ago was the last time I ever saw him."

Junko immediately bowed when Sensaina comforted her, apologizing deeply "I understand they are just doing their job and I am sorry for my disrespect earlier Lieutenant. This investigation is important, and I shouldn't let emotion control my actions...though punching Dieter did feel good" She said. The usual intensity of her slit eyes softened whenever she looked up her mentor, and friend. The last she wanted to do was push him away. He knew better than anyone what she was going through, they were Sensaina's friends and allies too. Her mood lightening when she saw Daisuke make it through the gauntlet too "It's all that tough love Lieutenant. I'm telling you it's working" It seemed her mood had improved for the moment, giving Yoshiko a proper bow "Forgive my rudeness earlier. It is good to see you are doing well miss Konishi" She said, making an effort to stay strong, for rin, for all of their sakes. Yuuki's interruption brought an unexpected joy as she quirked her head and perked her flu tufted ears.

"In for? Well aside from kicking hollow ass-er cleaning hollows, I guess for the benefits? Hard to beat life insurance" She said with a laugh, the human world had always interested and she enjoyed the frivolous things they worried about with their short lifespans. Sensaina being asked often about any mortal slang or lingo he's heard on his missions. Junko's eyes focusing more on Yuuki now as the slits narrows with curiosity "Junko Tenzen, who're you? I don't think i've met you before"

Yuuki Rukawa
"Probably not I've been hmm...indisposed, for a while," Yuuka replied to Junnko "Besides I like to think you'd remember me if we had, I'm very unique," Yuyuki gave Junko a subtly wolf like grin that displayed shiny, even teeth. "Yuuki Rukawa, from squad 13. Nice to meet you, you have a heckuva right hook, no wonder Daisuke is always looking so raggedy~" Yuuki favored the man in question with a playful, two handed wave. "You know I might have gotten in actual trouble for my little skit if you hadn't taken some of the heat as well, I was really expecting to be the only one acting out but I guess everyone is feeling the heat huh?" Yuuuki dropped her chin back onto her arms as her expression turned contemplative. "The boss likes us to do our own thing mostly so I hadn't heard most of the news but it's pretty dire isn't it? If even lieutenants are going missing is there anything to say a captain couldn't be targeted as well? Shit will really hit the fan then, they might even have to do something other than as useless questions! Scary~" Yuuki's mouth quirked into a sardonic smile and leaned her chair forwards into the middle of the group, her voice taking on a conspiratorial edge.

"You know while I was doing some personal research I stumbled across some accounts from the Visored incident that happened a century or so ago," Yuuki said, her tone conversational, but lowered almos to a whisper. "The pattern is not altogether different: sudden disappearances of high level combatants with no evidence or witnesses left behind, victims from a range of squads and with different specialties..." Yuuki shrugged, suddenly non comittal. "Well nearly everything to do with those days is classifed up the wazoo so I wasn't able to get any real details about what went down and its all ancient history anyway. I doubt there's any actual connection to what's happening now but... Well how does that mortal saying about history and fools go again?"

Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Orikanyo Orikanyo Hanarei Hanarei

Bringing her foot back she weirdly did not press the attack and instead stood back upright to continue to observe and listen to the man. "So in summary, don't give them a chance to speak randomly and just keep hitting until they are down in a real fight" Or just hit the throat or drive the air from the lungs. Sure he said that weaker versions could be performed without words, so if that's all you allowed the person to use then you didn't need to be as concerned about the effects.

Though he said Soul Reapers, not Shinigami? So is this going to be an annoying deal with people having multiple words for the same thing? That was one of the reasons she had a slight dislike for learning English at school with the whole synonym thing, or was it homonyms?.

She tilted her head slightly as she went over the rest of what she had seen from the exchange, The man's vision was blocked, it wasn't the sounds, that meant not only he could use that energy to see, but also the energy was perhaps present in all objects given it managed to obscure it. So if she wanted to use it she first needed to feel it, he said to focus it on her hands and feet so that meant it could not only be emitted for those magic things but also moved around the body internally. So a pool that could flow, so if she can feel the pool, then open up a flow, she could feel the flow and then direct it, that was the theory at least.

Holding her hand up to shield her eyes somewhat against the dust she would finally choose to respond to him she spoke once more "So I get Hollows, Shinigami which are also Soul Reapers, Kido is magic spells, These 13 Goate's, which I'm guessing you shaved seem like they have 13 people covering different things, with seats under them, and likely either 1 or 13 on top....unless you start from 0 then maybe 14?" another tilt of her head as she lets that thought run "Reishi I guess is like belt colour or Dans in martial arts descending higher levels, Zanpaktis are swords that act like wands, spirit energy is practically Chi in those martial arts movies...tell me if i got anything wrong so far?" she spared him a glance as she took a few steps along the path he had cleared when being hit away.

"That energy can be directed for defence, if it can be made into an external barrier then an internal hardening seems like it's an option. First, I need to learn how to feel that energy and then use it, then...." she paused to ponder it a little more "Honestly the magic seems to be too wordy, This Zanpakthing...That just sounds like a tool to do what you can already, if I'm going to learn this I think it's best I don't do it with a crutch that helps in the long run, if anything opposite seems like it would help more wouldn't it?." She runs a hand through her hair somewhat at everything going on, losing some of the debris and dust "Also I'm half expecting that thing to be a light saber with that energy, but yeah for now i just need to get a feel for this energy more" So with that she closed her eyes and tried to focus on the feeling of the energy from what was being emitted from Hanafuda, before looking elsewhere to try and work on that part.

a14a2b01f7e14c31be58215a2a0043ca.png
Shuya took a mental sigh of relief. They were robbers. Just robbers. Atleast for now atleast. That was simple enough to deal with as this was more than familiar territory for the rogue. He himself had to do similar things when starting out. 'Highway Men' they were called. Tasked with threatening passer-byes to relieve themselves of their belongings if they wanted to move along unscathed. 'Paying for toll' they called it. They'd make their "station" along the streets and park bridges and would hound anyone trying to cross to pay up. Easy work when you're at the bottom of the food chain. Shuya slowly stood up to keep from startling the others while looking out his parihperal vision to gauge how many their were and how they were built. <Four. All of average build. Favorable odds.>. With that conclusion made, Shuya reached into one of his pockets and pulled out a wallet with graffiti-like designs on it. Shuya slowly reaches his arm out to hand his wallet over to the blonde until he suddenly flicks it at his face. Shuya began to make his move. First, kicking the blade of of the blondes hand and into the air, before bring his foot down and slamming it on to one of the blonde's own feet with such force that a loud 'CRUNCH' can be heard. Shuya then proceeds to deliver a hard uppercut into the blonde's stomach.
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Yuuki brought up a valid point and one that hadn't crossed Sensaina's mind at all during all of this. People had indeed gone missing in this manner before and although the problem was eventually dealt with, it caused them a lot of trouble first. Perhaps he hadn't considered that a possibility because he didn't want such things to happen again, especially not to someone he was personally connected to. For now he could take comfort in the fact that his Division was still intact, as Konishi had said previously. Thinking back to his Division, he was reminded of their responsibilities for the day. Like the 10th Division was responsible for Naruki City, the 7th Division was granted jurisdiction over Kaiyo City and it was their job to keep the souls there safe from outside forces. "Junkko, Daisuke." The lieutenant called softly as he swung his umbrella upward to rest on his right shoulder. "The three of us have a patrol to get to and in keeping with current time constraints, we can't afford to be late." So far no one had gone missing while in the world of the living, but it was always a possibility. Sensaina's eyes glossed over Yuuki and Konishi and he had a brilliant idea.

"You both are welcome to join us if you have the time." No they weren't part of his Division, but bringing along assistance would go a long way towards their survival if they were confronted by the enemy that was kidnapping people. "The team we are replacing can notify your captains so that they won't think you've been taken/" Last thing that he wanted was for someone to declare people missing when in truth they were with him. That wouldn't be a good luck for the lieutenant.

Without further delay the team moved to replace the current on duty shinigami. The Senkaimon dropped them off at a rooftop rendezvous in the center of the city, just in time to see the afternoon sun begin its descent. Sensaina was the first one through the gateway and instructed the other team to notify the necessary captains that he had brought their members along with him. "Right away Lieutenant Tamashi." They replied before they departed through the portal back to the Seireitei.

1662394724086.png

Sensaina spared a brief glance at their surroundings and let out a heavy sigh. He'd been patrolling this city for so many years now, it felt almost like an extension of the Soul Society at this point. "Let's split up." He turned away from the cityscape and looked to the 3rd Seat. "Junko, you, Daisuke and Konishi can take the east along the water and Yuuki and i will head west." Just then, Sensaina's umbrella popped open and he held it over his head to block the sun's glare. It would be good for Daisuke to stick with Junko and observe the actions of the higher seated officer and Konishi would be a good buffer between the two and their antics. Yuuki would travel with him as he knew the least about her, even less than he knew about Konishi and he didn't like the idea of her going with Junko or Daisuke without him being there. Plus he wanted to pick her brain a bit without the others being around.

"Patrol is up and 5 hours so we'll meet right back here to swap places with the next team. Try not to be late and if you need assistance, avoid the threat and await backup." Sensaina looked to Junko as he talked about avoiding an credible threat. He knew the woman loved to fight and that she was never afraid to throw a punch, but that wouldn't and couldn't always be the answer. "Yuuki." Sensaina looked to the woman and nodded his head in the direction that they would be traveling. "Good luck all of you." The Lieutenant said before he flash stepped to the next rooftop, heading westward.

AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid Orikanyo Orikanyo Hanarei Hanarei

1662396835694.png

Shuya managed to catch all of the hooligans off guard when he attacked the man with the sword first. The others were stunned for a moment and watched the sword spin through the air briefly before it came back down, clattering to the ground. As he pressed his assault against the blond, another two guys rushed Shuya from his left side and tackled the man to the ground. One of them delivered a punch to the foreigner's face and then to his ribs while the other one held Shuya's arms to the ground above his head.

In the background, the blond punk laid on the ground holding his stomach and gritting his teeth. At the same time, another one of the gang members picked up Shuya's wallet and started to dig through it for something of value. "You ok boss?" The last mugger asked as he rushed to the blond's side. While the fight was gaining momentum, a shadow in the distance set its sights on the only meal in the area. A handful of souls distracted by their own mortal troubles.

1662396798949.png

Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

Yuuki Rukawa
Ah. I gotta pair up with the teacher, does that mean I'm unpopular? Yuuki mused to herself, only partially bothering to hide her private sense of amusement. Nevertheless , Yuuki turned on her heel to wave goodbye to the others and then obediently flash stepped after Sensaina, landing on the rooftop behind him and skidding an inch or so before halting her momentum. Yuuki's shunpo was not especially precise or refined being as she had honed largely by fleeing hollows through the dunes of Hueco Mundo, she was more confident in her endurance when chaining consectutive jumps for that reason. It was something Mikadzuki liked to harp on on the rare occasions Yuuki was inclined to commute with her zanpakuto spirit, "A lady's movement's should always be refined and precise, not a single foot should fall where she does not wish it to," or so said the spirit. The truth was she did not often get the chance to press this point as Yuuki did not often commune with her, the spirits disapproval these days had a cold, hungry edge to it that even Yuuki found a little disconcerting. It was easier to interact with her during battle, when there was an external foe to draw away some of the spirit's ire, although that wasn't true communication so much as a hazy exchange of emotions and instincts.

However a routine patrol through the human world was unlikely to rouse Mikadzuki no Konamida to the level required for that kind of exchange, in fact Yuuki would be surprised and a bit impressed if they even ran into anything that would require shikai. Even a routine patrol beat out paperwork though, especially in a new city, so Yuuki favored Sensaina with a winning smile as she bent at the waist to make a show of surveying the city scape stretched out beneath them. "Hmmm, Kaiyo huh? Seems nice, our city doesn't have a waterfront so I'm a little jealous. What's the restuarant scene like? authentic or kinda touristy and overpriced?"

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Last edited:
1662445639866.png
PlusUltra PlusUltra

Lei couldn't help but smile as Kotori started to put things together and voice them out as she took a moment and absorbed what he said. There were more than a few hotheads that he had the displeasure of training so to see a student who actually listened? He couldn't have been more thrilled! Her understanding was pretty accurate, and while she was pretty lackadaisical in her explanation, there was a drive there to learn all the same. He rolled his hilt along his fingers in thought as he let her finish her thoughts before interjecting. He swayed from right to left, intrigued that she saw the value in raw spiritual training. Lei and Shibuya responding to her inquiries and comments in order, but also finishing each other's sentences

"You are right on almost all accounts, brains and brawn, my my. Well first-"

"-Shinigami keep the scales of life and death balanced, their history is sordid at best, but the generation of shinigami I see now are among the most honorable I've seen. Perhaps they will earn your respect yet"

"Kido is our means of attack and defense spells. A lesson if you will. Reishi is the matter of all souls, it's what a shinigami's body is made out of of right?. When a spiritual and human being possess some amount of this Reishi, that amount is referred to as Reiryoku. Now you did say from the top-"

"-Gotei 13 are also referred to as the thirteen court guard; they are the military branch of the soul society, and considered some of the most powerful beings to exist. You are on the right track yes, the squads are typically ranked in seats and among the most notable of soul reaper brass will always be seats 1-10. Seat one and two are Captain and Lieutenant respectively, and they are a humble reminder that there is always someone stronger"

"A wand you say? you are thinking far too direct, and vastly underselling their significance. A Zanpakuto is a living thing that mirrors our own souls. It is a weapon unlike any other, and when you truly wield one. You will never fight alone again. You aren't wrong that it can be viewed as a crutch, or a desperate attempt to rival the endless evils of the world, but it is wiser to think of it as an ace up your sleeve-"

"You are correct, increasing your spiritual pressure and control will give you the foundation now to excel in the future. Focus and try to read Lei's Reiatsu, his pressure with your own. You will see it take shape."

Lei flipped the hilt in his hand and held it as though he were pulling it from an invisible sheathe at his hip. Kotori feeling his spirit pressure rapidly increase; Shibuya's form breaking down into Reishi and forming the sword as it was being 'unsheathed'. Kotori seeing something he didn't show often, and now that she was learning to read spirit energy. She could sense that the reishi from both of them were the same. Lei revealing his zanpakuto as a black blade with golden kintsugi marks running along it's edge. His reiatsu a massive moon at his back with Shibuya's visage etched across it's surface as he opened his eyes.

122454.gif

9e8d796fad32d8a9918bd828544449c6fc923583_00.gif

"Howl, Asagiri-Shibuya"

1662496956827.png
Hanarei Hanarei AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy Orikanyo Orikanyo LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
Junko enjoyed the comment about her hook, and nodded proudly "If anyone needs to get bullied, It's Dieter; getting too comfortable not being on the front lines makes you soft. I think seven more of those and I'd call him a man again. Squad 13? That's awesome! I'm squad 7!" She said proudly, pushing a thumb against her chest "Yea I don't try to give the captain and lieutenant a hard time, but also being cooped up in the soul society too long makes me aggravated, and with everything going on" She sighed with frustration and snorted "My guess is that they believe we might have a mole. I could be petty and say it's because I am a beast realmer, but I think it's just because I was pretty good friends with Rin..." She said, listening to Yuuki's additional information with scrutiny. She didn't doubt it, but why would both events be this far apart from eachother?

The lieutenant bringing her out of her thinking funk as she stood in attention, and admiration. "This is perfect, I can't stand sitting around like this Sir. Hollows never rest so why should I!" She said, punching Daisuke in the shoulder 'playfully' "Ya hear that Daisuke? Patrols are usually pretty easy, but you have to be careful, cause hollows love the taste of chicken" She said with a hidden, but cocky grin.

Junko looked out over the roof The Senkaimon had spat them out onto, looking out into the beautiful world of the living. She received her orders and nodded eagerly "Understood Lieutenant! You heard him Daisuke, there's no slackin when we're on a mission!" She said, looking from him to Konishi "It's been too long since I've gotten to stretch out, who knows? maybe we might get to see some action today" Junko leaping up and standing on 'air' before continuing to jump higher into the air, getting a better read on the patrol area she was being tasked with.

Daisuke
09424eb97b21dbdd4fb1437ff6001016.jpg

Well.. here he was again... being assigned to babysit Junko... Sure.. yea... Okay Sensaina.. He'll kept her out of trouble.. Damn young sprouts always putting him with the girl... What? Did he had that type casted under his name? Easy to manipulated by women? Well it was right he couldn't stand up against them for shit. Ugh...

Oh well.. Guess that was that...

"...One of these days these young uns will know to give me some respect.." the man mumbled, his baby face hidden beneath his scarf. His old country accent comign through in his disappointment of it all... No matter how... Nice.. that fluffy damned fool looked he always felt disrupted the moment she opened her masked mouth.

...He thought to consider the other one in their party, but he all but ignored her, for the best, given the fact she was likely going to be another source of his pain.

Instead he followed after Junko, tailing(heh) her with thoughts of his desires to simply go alone and do his job his way as he was used to by now. How many times has he been out here watching the world go by? When cars became a new thing he was amazed by their ability to move without horse or man pulling it, then they got better and better over time. The foods of the land changed as well, not to mention foreigners bringing their own stuff.

Sure, things happened, but.. the people lived and adapted. he has on occasion had to give the old tap and go to a few folks he thought were gone before their time, but it wasn't his job to say such things. hes seen many folk go to hell, some unlikely folk go to the afterlife of goodness and... Well.. unending toil that was the Soul Society.

"...Junko.. Watch yourself as much as the others. Our hidden foes strike not in broad daylight, but by subterfuge..."

Konishi, Yoshiko
CR1xzl1.png

Yoshiko was quite content being in the human world. A vacation as she would consider it. No paperwork for her to have to hassle over. A chance to finally stretch her own legs and be more active for once in the past week. A blessing for her she was quite fond of taking advantage of. It had been some time since she had been out of Soul Society. Her position on top of her divisions usual duties didn't tend to involve dwelling into the mortal realm very often. It had to of been serval years since she stepped foot here, and even back then it had only been brief to act as a messenger.

The young woman shifted resting her hand upon her hip as her silver locks feel into place. Her finger gently tapping against her chin ever so briefly at the pairings given. She was quite surprised the spry looking upstart had been assigned alone with the lieutenant. Truthfully it was a bit surprising in general to see an unseated Shinigami being taken along on a mission from another squad. Given the tension between the divisions it seemed ripe with the potential to come off as encroaching upon another divisions numbers. Poaching from the competition as a more petty captain might perhaps view it to be.

Then again, perhaps it was silly not to consider herself in that regard. She was effectively second in command of her division until the old man could be found, though she suspected her captain wouldn't be opposed. She had garnished enough trust and a show of loyalty for her division. As much as her lieutenant had came to be a thorn in her side, he had also helped to push her to the seat she was currently in. Perhaps with some... ulterior motives as well, though it still didn't change the fact it had helped her get to where she was as quickly as she did. Being talented only went so far if you weren't given much of a chance to demonstrate it.

Her eyes had lingered off from Yuuki over to Junko and Daisuke. Finally giving the grumpy looking man more of a chance to eye up. Come to think of it he did have a relatively high position in his division. The only reason she likely just didn't take mental note of him as much was how much he seemed to sulk behind. The more she saw him beside Junko the more she realized the dynamic finding it quite amusing lifting her hand up to suppress a light giggle at the notion. The dynamic and his attitude quite clear already to her. How his hair was the darkest in color of the group rather then they greyist in color was quite ironic. Her head turning to Junko giving a nod.

"Action tends to come to those who seek it out, though in what form we will have to wait and eagerly see." She spoke with a soft smile on her lips. A little bit of encouragement to the woman perhaps in part to toy with the poor Dausuke a little by encouraging it on. Perhaps she wasn't exactly downplaying the stereotype of the 3rd division being full of troublemakers, though for her it was just a little harmless fun. Nothing all that serious really on her part. The young woman taking her position third in line behind Daisuke as they traveled forward.

"You ought to watch yourself as well. They say a predator is most adapt at tracking down and taking out the weakest in a heard, and nothing puts such a target upon pray more then one whose youth has seemed to most have faded."

She spoke using more flowery words as she tended to when she was teasing, and Daisuke really couldn't of made himself more tempting to tease for acting like an old man.

Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Orikanyo Orikanyo AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

Keeping her eyes closed she would nod in response to the alternating answers, though it seemed to be alternating slightly too well and naturally it did arise some suspicion in the girl. At first, she would pass it off as simply them being together for so long and being attuned to one another but it was more than that, another weird facet of her expanding reality that opened up more bizarre features and of course potential troubles.

So death gods took it upon themselves to balance life and death, though the fact they had a sordid history implied not only had Hanafuda likely not parted on the best of terms but also that corruption or grey morals were involved. The terms for the greater good or good of all were likely floated, mixed in with some egos and superiority from the prestige of the roles, not all of them mind you, but enough to potentially cause problems and drama that could snowball out of control. The fact that the current generation was the most honourable didn't imply they all were, but it also meant that previous ones were less so which backed up her theory on the topic.

Then there was the expansion of Reishi and Reiryoku, So Reishi is the energy, and Reiryoku was the amount. She was still a little iffy on it but if she tied that into her previous thoughts on the topic, if the body were made up of that energy, it meant it could be solidified and shaped like the spells to make solid constructs or more. Sure is was versatile, but rather than memorize a bunch of spells, it made more sense to get a solid foundation on the concept itself, then she could use it fluidly as needed for the given situation rather than having static options.

This was confirmed as her thoughts were combined with the revelation that Shibuya was actually the blade for Hanafuda. So beings of energy could be reshaped to inanimate forms, and then backwards. Throughout all this, she was constantly trying to feel that energy, how it moved across to the blade, how it formed up to the solid, and of course the flare of energy as the two combined, the same energy coming together.

Taking a deep breath at the increased pressure she feels as it moves around before raising her arm and trying to look for the same type of flow within her veins almost. It was faint at first like trying to feel a pulse with a pulse, but the more she focused the more she began to feel it, almost like a flow of water circulating. She clenched and unclenched her fist to see how it reacted, though internally she knew a far more effective and practical way to get used to the feeling so she went to get into a stance.

If this energy made up things, it would stand to reason if she condensed it into a single spot it would make things harder, rather than the flow off in some great display like Hanafuda's she wanted to keep in inside, pressurized perhaps? time would tell if it worked.

"It's part of you, but if your bringing it out seems like you put distance between it and you, be it as its own being walking around or held in your hand?. I'll accept the rest but to split part of me off in order to not fight alone? Seems over complicating things if it's only going to be an extra ace and moral booster, prefer everything firmly attached and there are much simpler ways of not fighting alone"

With a final breath, she keeps the sensation and feeling of the energy while moving forward toward the blade but staying just at the edge of its reach as she slowly circled waiting with her eyes still closed and feeling it out.

Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid

Shuya's eyes widened at what he saw. <What the...> He'd never seen anything like it before. He didn't know what it was but he felt his entire body get chills. He didn't even process that they were stealing his belongings as they had him pinned to the ground. This creature was exuding and aura of pure malice and hunger and given its skeletal appearance, Shuya could only deduce what was on the creature's mind. He needed to get out of here before he got caught up in whatever happened next.

Shuya gauged the strength of the crook pinning him down by his head. Judging from the pressure, he's roughly around his strength. Shuya gathered all of his strength and rolled to the side, the momentum knocking his captor over next to him. Without waiting for any of them to react, Shuya grabbed the discarded blade, pulled the hooligan up with him, and held in a chokehold with one arm. The tip of the blade pressed against the hooligan's back, just behind his heart. Shuya kept eye contact with the others, trying not to draw attention to the others about the creature closing in on them. All he needed to do was feign a hostage situation to give him more room to escape the area. Or atleast keep them all still until the creature makes its move.
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Hanarei Hanarei Orikanyo Orikanyo Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy
The two teams were off and Sensaina was fairly confident in the memebers of the other team even though they lacked a bankai, they were proficient fighters and there was something to be said about the determination of each of them. So he turned his back to them with high hopes and in good faith that they would be all right. That was when he heard Yuuki inquiring about the city's dining culture. "Prices have definitely gone up over the years and I would attribute that to the city shifting to become more tourist friendly. "I suppose that is the way of the living however. There is a large variety though, so I'm sure if you're given the day to, you'd find something of interest."

Sensaina was ready to move when he felt a sudden spike in spiritual energy. Despite the dozen of possible threats that the energy could have belonged to, the Lieutenant didn't seem panicked, but rather curious instead. His head turned to the direction that the energy came from and a small pout stretched his lips. He was somewhat familiar with the spiritual pressure, but was surprised to find the person it belonged to here and seemingly in active combat.

He was certain that Yuuki would have felt that spiritual pressure too, but he didn't know if she was familiar with it or not. Either way it could be something important. "Let's go." A cloud of dust kicked up on the rooftop as Sensaina used shunpo to begin rushing towards the source of the energy. "Keep your guard up, Rukawa and if this happens to be related to the kidnappings..." He looked back at Yuuki, somewhat more serious expression on his face now. "...your first priority will be to return to Junko and the others and stay together." The last thing he wanted was for any of them to become victims or end up on the list of missing shinigami. Before they could make any significant headway, another spiritual pressure would pop up, this one not nearly as concerning, but still another possible threat. Sensaina drew his blade, holding his sword in his right hand and his umbrella and sheath combo in the left. "What's going on here>"

Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-
Shuya's skilled maneuver caught the thugs by surprise and as they watched him take their friend as a hostage. The blond got up and was ready to fight for his sword, but didn't want to risk becoming a casualty for it. He stared at Shuya with rage in his eyes and just as he opened his mouth to speak, a loud roar overlapped his words. Hollow Roar

The ground shook and windows on nearby buildings shattered as trees were forces to bend and lean away from the creature. In the blink of an eyes, the monster would disappear, causing Shuya to lose sight of the monster momentarily. The thugs were shocked and turned around to search for the cause of the noise and the destruction, but they didn't see anything, not until an small explosino went off beside them.

Dust kicked up into the as one of the thugs was crushed beneath the weight of the hollow as it landed neat the group and although they could not see the monster, they saw the indent that its landing caused. Their friend laid in the crater, crushed like a pancake. Again the monster screamed and the thugs fell to the floor holding their ears. The one the Shuya had held hostage was panicking more than anyone because unlike the others, he could not run. "Let go of me!" The man commanded in Javanese as he tried to pull away from Shuya.

Yuuki picked up the thread of spiritual pressure more from Sensaina's reaction than from the energy herself, she was out off practice at sensing anything other than hollow energy and they were already well on the way towards the source before Yuuki could have reliably pinpointed it for herself. How embarrassing. Eventually though Yuuki got the shape of it well enough to say that it seemed shinigami-ish, though otherwise comepletely unfamiliar to her. The second aura was even stranger and so faint Yuuki nearly did miss that one. Curious. Yuuki thought Sensaina would know already if it was another patrol or something so who is this? And is that.... a plus? Or no, a mortal? bizarre. Yuuki was more intrigued than alarmed, if the kidnappers were in the habit of letting themselves be detected this easily Yuuki seriously doubted they would have enjoyed the success and anonymity they had been so far, although Yuuki did not object in principle to exercising the better part of valor if need be.

Fighting was fun and Yuuki was itching for a good scrap, she'd been cooped up in the barracks for far too langer after all. On the other hand living was also fun and Yuuki would like to continue doing that, there would be fights to come after all, the life of a shinigami was ultimately one of strife no matter what some people said. It would also be amusing to tweak her nose at these kidnappers by scurrying back to the Seireitei with some actually useful intelligence, maybe Yuuki could even parlay a result like that into getting more involved in the investigation, that could be really fun. The info corps were so fun to tease after all~

"I'll hang back a bit then," Yuuki said, reining in her spiritual pressure to try and conceal her presence (something she had been able to practice in Hueco Mundo) and slowing her pace so that Sensaina started to pull ahead more. "Make sure to signal me if it turns out to be something else and you want support though, I won't forgive you if I miss out on the fun for no good reason~" Yuuki added, giving the lieutenant a wink as he took the lead.

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid PlusUltra PlusUltra

Last edited:
1662925745827.png
PlusUltra PlusUltra

There was no bond like the one between a zanpakuto and it's wielder, and that was difficult to teach with words. He found it much easier to show her the difference, and it was a very good chance for her to start practice reading spirit pressure faster and under duress as it was critical in determening when to strike your enemy. He knew it was alot for her first lesson, but a strong enough foe seeking her raw spirit energy would outright kill her if she weren't properly ready. It was scary how little nudging she needed before she got a handle on the information and reacted accordingly. She kept her distance from the blade, her eyes closed as she focused on his wavelength. Lei was impressed with how far she had progressed with only one session, and he figured it was time to show that a zanpakuto could not be judged too quickly.

"I am able to see spirit pressure down to it's finest parts with these blessed eyes of mine, and it's too much...I'd rather be blind" That smile he always wore was gone, and so was that jovial nature as he focused. Kotori's growth was indeed important, and a few moments at a time wouldn't cause him any dire stress, though it did pick up on a multitude of signatures suddenly appearing in the city. His head cocking to one side for a moment, were those shinigami? The stronger of the pressures beginning to make their way here...interesting.
He didn't let this distract him from the training, as he didn't sense any ill intent. They showed up at an annoying time and likely picked up on his spike of pressure. Kotori still only able to sense his pressure at the moment as it suddenly shifted and spiked once more, the blade of his sword molding into a Three-Piece-Staff and she had a moment of reaction as she felt his spirit pressure's range extend, a second afterward; He kicked his leg into the middle of the staff and and with his arms started to spin it around his body, building momentum. Each sweep of the staff charged with enough sprit pressure to do some serious damage. It was an irregular weapon and tracking it's movements would prove difficult as his blessed eyes looked at her with cold calculation. It was the perfect weapon to train detecting spirit pressure at a faster rate since he could switch each section's spirit energy outlet at will and control exactly how hard it hit at any given time. All of his experience coming to life before her.

"Asagiri-Shibuya: Tatsumaki"
soul-eater-professor-stein.gif

1663098454010.png
Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- Hanarei Hanarei Orikanyo Orikanyo LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
Junko was always excited when she went to the living world; she knew it was never for recreational reasons, but she didn't waste the sights she passed. Lazy clouds drifting over busy humans and their busy little work, and it was incredibly entertaining to her. It was another reason she wanted to protect them from hollows, those bastards didn't make anything worth saving. Junko cocking her head back toward Daisuke as he warned her about taking care of herself and she pulled him into a headlock as they made their way along the patrol route, a beautiful "Lookin out for me Dai Dai?, that's sweet!" She said, laughing "Hollows are cunning, and will definitely take the cowards route if it means an easy meal. That's why you're here! Watchin my back" Her arm practically squeezing him into her side, grinning underneath her mask at Yoshiko' teasing words "A good plan always needs bait-" She halted their pursuit with an upheld hand, letting Dai go in the process. Her words mirroring what Kodzuchi's voice rang throughout her head.

"A wicked soul has made itself known" She said, pointing across the river, toward the city's eastern limits. "Follow me" She called.

She crouched low like a tiger ready to pounce, and activated her bestial Shunpo. The moment her legs fired her forward, she vanished and materialized a dozen feet ahead. She was nowhere near the speed of her captain or Lieutenant, but it was still one of her best skills and had felled many a cocky hollow. The patrol now in pursuit, and soon enough the putrid pressure of hollow could be felt by the three. It wasn't long before Junko stopped atop a roof only three blocks from the hollow, sensing a few worthwhile pressures among it's prey. They always went after any scrap of spirit energy their mangy teeth could chew on.

She loved souls with all her heart, and hated it's perversion with all her being.

"It makes me sick" She said "Let me handle this one will ya? I need to keep pushing myself if I am ever going to be Sensaina's lieutenant one day, besides...this hollow might be strong! Get those humans out of my way" She took off her weighted shihakusho, and dropped it onto the roof with a heavy thud before jumping off the roof and landing between Shuya and the hollow, under the impression that Shuya, like the rest of these humans, couldn't see her. The shihakusho underneath her weighted on the same black, but with golden scripture written throughout it's fabric. Junko looking back at Shuya, and noting the hostage situation. A judgemental and scornful serpentine eye boring through him for but a moment before she turned her head toward her enemy.

"You reek of envy, craving the life you are now barred from. I shall purify you sinner" She removed a long bladed sword from it's violet and gold sheathe, The blade itself nearly taller than she was. A Nodachi. She wielded it with both hands and faced it toward the hollow, it was too soo for release so she instead would see how this monster fared against her Zanjutsu. Junko crouching low and once again activating her beast shunpo, flashing toward the hollow as she aimed to separate his head from his neck.

1663100244901.png

Daisuke
468669ff297b5d961f3146998f978dc9.jpg

"Can you please focus-" the man grumbled, before he was put in a headlock again. Painful, but was he used to it by now? He grimaced and bared it all the same, the trouble of struggling oft met with his neck in a vice anyways...

...Hmm...?

Must be wearing some sorta light perfume, or ate candy recently. Likely the latter she wouldn't be caught dead in perfume right?

It wouldn't be like Junko to wear any time of flower sweet scent.. Maybe he was smelling the other girl?

Bugger it what did it matter he had work to do-

And she was gone, found a target and ran off like a dog that found a squirrel to chase after. Great, just great, he had it up to here with this woman and now she wanted to be promoted some day? Yea sure when you damn well feel like doing your own job for once...

"Oi wait up you fool." he called out to Junko...

And absolutely ignored every single word that bratty girl still around him said.

He knew better than to give them attention, he sure as hell wasn't gonna fall into that trap while he was busy holding onto the Junko leash. he couldn't be bothered to deal with that one. he flickered in and out of sight after his compatriot, before coming upon the scene... It was a bloody one, but seems like it was a fight already, really this could have been worse.. Somebody could be dead already and they'd need to play keep away with a soul and a hollow in the same paper bag....

Wait.

Wait no one was dead, right under it too.

"Fuck. of course..." said Daisuke as he pulled out of the scenery and walked past the hostage situation. "One death already.. Couldn't be simple huh..? well, if we keep it to one it shouldn't get any worse..." he said, fully expecting the two men next to him not to so much as notice his presence. "..Course your fussing about.. Come on dude let him run hes shitting and pissing himself already..." he said to the big guy holding the hostage ( Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- ) fully expecting not a single reaction or word back. "...Seriously... Fight flight and freeze is a bastard but could you at least move it a little?" says the litteral wierd ass ninja who popped out of the world.

Konishi, Yoshiko
CR1xzl1.png

The glamorous smug shinigami glanced over at the archaic man as he seemed to be quite dismissive of her. A gesture that she had to admit wasn't the most fun. She demanded a bit of attention at the very least, though she wasn't so conceited that not being acknowledged came off as anything more then boring. He had been focused far more on his division mate after all when she had inserted herself in to tease him on further. It did, however, tempt her to want to prod more at him in the future. It was always quite fun to see how much prodding it could take to spark a reaction from one who seemed content on ignoring her. Fortunately for him, unlike those of her business rivals back before her soul reaper days it was just for fun and games.

Yoshiko was quick to follow in Junko's footsteps. Despite being relegated to paperwork for so long, she was no slouch. A seat wasn't just earned after all on how well one could sign off and handle bureaucracy. Her eyes glancing upon the scene before her as it was clear it wasn't a typical hollow. While it wasn't unknow of for them to possess their own personalities and methodology. Not to mention there seeming to be a hostage situation. A very peculiar scene to find making the silver haired woman ponder it. Her head turning to Junko as she spoke seeming eager to fight alone.

"Do as you like, though remember there is a difference between pushing oneself and throwing your life away. I will interject if things go too far against you or if lives are clearly put at stake." She spoke seeming to be a bit more serious. As playful as she could be, in the end she was very much about doing her job and doing it right. She was only willing to risk things so much particularly if it was for what she saw as a more selfish goal.

Yoshiko quickly moved herself towards the hostages as she stood herself as best she could between the hollow and those helpless people. Her head glancing back at Daisuke as he seemed focused on being grumpy still uttering to himself as if somehow they might be able to hear him complaining. He really did seem to one to push the idea he was an angry old man grumbling to himself. The woman shaking her head with a soft sigh as she instead remained focused on the nearby danger electing to take a more defensive stance should the hollow get ideas or Junko become careless in the fight.

The shinigami slowly pulling out her zanpakuto from it's sheath. The woman lifted it out in one hand clutching at the handle with just her thumb with her four fingers extended out cradling it in her palm loosely. The sharp edge of the blade tilted up at a roughly negative thirty degree angle. Her emerald eyes glancing out as she seemed to focus.

"Flow Elegantly, Kaoutsusu."

Upon ushering the release words a bright magenta color flooded from the blade as it transformed. A metal war fan appearing folded up in her grasp taking shape. Her fingers shifted as the blades unfolded revealing the brightly colored shikai exposing the metal fan blades as they unfolded like a well spread set of cards. Her other hand lifted up as a flicker of pink light flowed from the fan to her other hand as another fan flashed into existence already open matching the first though mirrored in appearance. The 3rd division Shinigami lifted the new fan up sprawled open up in front of her mouth and nose as if to hit it as the other arm was crossed over grasping the fan in her hand pointed diagonally down. Both perhaps a gesture of being fashionable though also being ready to wave her fan to use her Zanpakuto ability on a whim to act to help defend the humans or if need be to aid Junko if things go south quickly.

"Try not to get too distracted rambling to yourself there. If things go south it would be helpful for you to cover for anything I might miss to keep them safe if they aren't going to move themselves." She spoke directing her words to Diasuke being very much of the natural inclining to believe the human to be no different then any other.

Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Orikanyo Orikanyo AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy PlusUltra PlusUltra
Hearing Yuuki concede to follow the lieutenant's suggestion made Sensaina fell more secure in his decision to seek out this spiritual pressure. Knowing that she would follow his instructions meant that he could focus wholly on the problem ahead. "Thank you, Rukawa." Sensaina said softly as he took the lead and started to move a bit faster towards their target. With time, they arrived to the location of their target, a shop. "Not at all what i was expecting." The lieutenant declared as he landed in the street just out front of the shop. He could still feel the spiritual pressure coming from within, but from the outside it seemed that there were no immediate threats present. Sensaina looked to Yuuki for a brief second. "Be ready." and then look back at the store. He pressed his hand against the door and pushed it open. "Is anyone here?"

He stepped into the store with his guard up and his sword held out in front of him. The umbrella which served as his sheath was held in a striking position, ready to be used as a weapon if needed. "In all my years patrolling Kaiyo City, I've never been inside this store before." His eyes slowly scanned over the items on display. He could feel that their target was not far, just underneath them and if he was correct there would be a doorway of some sorts to grant them access.

They would find said entrance with little trouble. "Rukawa, be ready for a fight." The lieutenant threw the door open and crossed the threshold into the underground area, floating in the air and trying to keep his spiritual pressure suppressed so as not to reveal their position. So far he didn't see any hollows, but he did see two figures, one a somewhat familiar face and the other not so. "What's going on here?" He kept his distance, watching the figures in the distance with a sharp stare.

Hanarei Hanarei Orikanyo Orikanyo Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-
Junko and the others' arrival to the scene was enough to draw the hollow's attention from the lowly humans who it had planned to snack on. The 3rd Seat's charge was swift, but not too fast that the hollow could not evade her and prolong its life. The monster crouched down and raised its hand in an attempt to swat junko, but instead the hollow's arms was lopped clean off. It let out a violent cry that sent out shockwaves of energy which knocked back the regular humans, sending them rollig across the field the men let out terrified screams, their bodies trembling as they tried to stand and attempt to flee. The hollow launched itself at junko, slamming its head into the woman's torso.

With the release of more spiritual pressure, several more hollows appeared in the area. One of which was a flying creature shaped like a bird and it began to circle over head, watching and waiting for the perfect time to strike. The third hollow was a serpentine monster that emerged from the dark of a nearby alleyway. It did not hesitate to charge straight into battle, rushing towards Konishi with its mouth ready to bite down on her if she could not counter its speed.

1663098454010-png.1021936

Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- Hanarei Hanarei Orikanyo Orikanyo LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Junko could feel her body vibrating with excitement; her beast blood craving combat and she never felt more like a soul reaper then when she was battling against Hollow. This was something her and Kodzuchi, her zanpakuto spirit, shared. Sensaina had hammered in restraint and so far her foe did not require a release to dispatch, so long as she didn't fly off the handle. She had two teachers in a way as Kodzuchi refused to let her recklessly unleash his power. The humans being blown back and responding in terror distracted her, as Kodzuchi' fifth tenent of purification etched into his blade. The hollow slammed it's head into her chest, apparently it didn't learn it's lesson on distance and match-ups.

"Share Thy Flame; as one torch can light another. Let my righteous flame enkindle the innocent and emblazon my allies - Alright you shit bag!"

She wrung it's neck with the crook of her arm and flung herself around onto it's back, brandishing Kodzuchi with both hands bringing it down on the hollow's head, attempting to cleave the hollow's head off it's shoulders. A notch appearing on her mask, among hundreds that depict almost a mockery of a hollow mask. A couple of new players decided to enter the battle, a bird a snake it seemed. Her spirit standing next to her suddenly, arms crossed as he shook his head

Don't be a glutton, let's see how they handle themselves. You are not the only one with something to prove.

She groaned and tapped him on her shoulder as she watched the bird hollow with intent, a patient one willing to wait for opportunity; probably caused by his over eager friend. It was hard to miss Yoshiko's zanpakuto. It was incredibly beautiful, and she could only imagine it hurt a helluva lot. It seemed the eager hollow was going after her, and Junko couldn't help but wonder what Kaoutsusu could do. She was fine with watching for the time being, as she did her part, looking over to Shuya. She never did understand why humans stayed near such danger. She didn't need to see an enemy to know she needed to get the hell out of a bad situation.

"Hey dumb human, you should leave, but you can't here me can you?" She stuck her tongue out, making faces at someone she believed was totally unaware of her presence. Kodzuchi sighing and rubbing his temples

Tenents, give me strength to guide this foolish lamb to greatness

Remaining silent as she focused on the energy, and while she could not see his expression itself there was a clear difference in his tone and maybe even his energy that told her more than enough. Then there was something else? Distraction? like a momentary pause in the flow of things as if he was looking at something new, but to her, there was nothing around but scattered books and landscape.

It would have been an opportune time to attack him in that split second, though she wasn't trying to beat him, or even hurt him precisely. A cheap shot like that would gain her nothing as she already confirmed how to distract him with her earlier book stunt, she needed to learn this stuff straight, that was her goal after all.

Suddenly as she continued to feel out the energy there was a shift, the condensed length of the blade shifting to something else longer, the feel of the wind in the room as it was swung and sound, it wasn't cutting like a blade but instead something thin and blunt. So a staff note a spear, which meant his range could change and extend, the solution to which would be to enter a range neither would be effective once she got past it. Going further away would make sensing the energy somewhat harder as well as making attacking more difficult so that only the left getting so close to the point a blade nor staff cold be used effectively.

Shifting her stance she brought her arms up straight covering her face as she lowered her body, bouncing somewhat on her feet as the staff come around. A swing of energy and she weaved to its direction, tensing her arms as she did to block it against her form arms, a loud crack sounding out as it hit. It was painful for sure, a lot harder than she expected and great heat and almost numbness swept over her arms at the shock of it, and it flung her back several feet but she kept her footing, shaking it off before going back in.

The sudden impact did stop the speed it had been building up from spinning for a moment, the sudden resistance as energy impacted energy was felt with the denser one winning out. She needed to be able to direct that energy he mentioned into her arms if she was to block it, without it she could only evade or parry which limited her options.

Bouncing on her feet again she began to alternate as she went back in, bouncing and ducking from one foot to the next, leaning back, forward and to each side at the same time depending on when the energy she could feel flowed towards her. Forgetting her attack for now she tried to make her own energy flow alongside it, having her body follow it, rather than it following her body. She took several more strikes while attempting to stay in range, but after each one her movements became somewhat more refined and the evasions became more frequent and smoother. It was a painful and prolonged process for sure, but it seemed that despite the strikes and obvious bruising forming across her, she was anything if not persistent. Speaking of the strikes, there was one key difference her would-be teacher may have observed when connecting, despite connecting the blows it was connecting with something far denser than a normal human body would feel, coming across more like beating a thick rubber tire than a person. Regardless she could only continue her efforts and work on refining the basics, feeling the burn and burning the feeling as she did.

Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid

Daisuke
da1fa991581cc84fe1ca48439308011e.jpg

Trouble on high... he suppoused it was about time for the carrion feeders to come about. He would leave the snake to their third, he would go upwards. Suffice to say he wasn't too happy with splitting up but there wasn't much to be said. You didn't have to like your job, just do it. that much got him through some unpleasantness whilst working for the Information corps. He disappeared in a flash once more, reappearing once or twice in the air as he continued his speedy assent above the battlefield.

"You." he spoke, appearing in the bird's roundabout flight path.

"There is not much to say, show me your neck." he called to the hollow, eyes with intent and focus upon the bird, keeping it in his line of sight.

Konishi, Yoshiko
CR1xzl1.png

Yoshiko stood by keeping attentive as she had set out to do so. The annoyance of the hollow's scream was certainly one that had resulted in a noticeable reaction of disdain in her face though she kept her ground unwavering. She had set herself to keep the humans safe and she had every intention of doing so. She had to admit seeing them being tossed around was perhaps not quite what she wanted to see, though being jostled seemed to at least spark them to smartly attempt to flee with varying degrees of success. A boon for letting them do their job much easier if they didn't have any around to risk getting hurt from the endeavor.

Unfortunately it seemed as if any signs of the job being made easier were quickly dispelled as more hollows made their appearance known coming to disrupt the little 'duel'. Her eyes darting up to glance at the flying hollow who seemed to be much more an opportunistic creature not daring to swoop in immediately. A soft sigh escaped her lips as she shook her head. The shinigami appearing quite off guard though such a ruse wasn't prone to last long. The snake-like attacker darted towards her seeming hell-bent to attack her. It's speed quite unexpected from a lowly hollow though nothing that she had had much worry about being already on guard as she had been.

The silver haired woman jumping back as she waved her right hand fan up as a cascade of water like reiatsu erupted from the blades like a directed stream. The wave of water expanding out as it flowed from the Zanpakuto swiftly. The water itself ironically flowing in a very similiar shape to the hollow attempting to strike her though ultimately dipping to the ground before gushing up like a wave from the ocean striking land to knock the attacker back during it's direct attack. The female shinigami landing a short distance back from where she had been standing as the water-like reiatsu gushed back before fading away. The woman standing with the fan she had used up just covering her mouth looking on.

"Well now, we sure have a hasty little serpent. Attempting an ambush are we? You know, it isn't wise to make prey of a creature far above one's capabilities. A little sneaky bite isn't going to be help when your small little mouth has no hope of being able to take your wanted prey in even if you tried so hard to do so."

Her words came off quite conceited as she remained as she was. The woman clearly putting on an air of superiority to the hollow and her words not at all afraid to hide that attitude. An air of ego perhaps slipping through though for the woman it was quite purposeful as well. She knew how to poke and prod when she had to. Wanting to strike the right nerves to make her opponents act irrationally. She tended to know a good bit on how to manipulate others as devious of a trait that could be.

As much as fighting defensive would serve it's purpose she couldn't deny a more expedient approach was best. Her other hand gesturing lightly sending a smaller stream of the reitsu like water from the other being discrete. The wave snaking around along the ground attempting to catch the hollow unaware as she waved her arm a bit more noticeable. The small jet of water more so resembling a blade with it's fine point as it struck out at the hollow from it's side attempting to twine it in two, or at the very least give it a nice hard strike it wouldn't soon forget.

Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Shuya was beyond perplexed and confused as to what was happening before him. One moment, he was holding one of his robbers hostage while looking strange, demonic creature. Then out of nowhere, a group of people wearing older Japanese attire began their attack on the creature before him. They look at him skeptically and even exchanged words with him. Words he couldn't understand before engaging the monster with similar blades like the one he was holding.

As these people engaged the monster, they had begun displaying amazing feats that he could only describe as 'supernatural'. Their blades having transformed into different weapons entirely as they fought off the creature. Shuya realized that if they're already battling this being, then he no longer needs his shield any longer. He pushes the crook to the ground and runs the opposite direction, away from the fight. He didn't know here he was going but away from there was good enough. Shuya had questions on his mind but they were drowned out by his desire to survive. He didn't flee 92 nautical miles just so he could be killed by some demon. Safe to say he wasn't ready to be food, much less meet his maker just yet.
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid Orikanyo Orikanyo Hanarei Hanarei

1664178681527.png
Orikanyo Orikanyo Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Hanarei Hanarei

Junko should have expected that their arrival would have attracted more pond scum to give them some practice. She watched as her teammates handled their fights well, Daisuke even baring his teeth as he faced the flying bugger. Junko confused as Shuya tossed the bratty human forward, junko shoulder checking him and planting him into the ground face first. Junko scoffed and waved a hand dismissively. She couldn't blame the human for wanting to run, given the chaos of the scenario.

She no longer paid him any mind, so long as he was safe she didn't-

Junko! Spiritual pressure spiking at that human's left, A hidden foe is making it's move!

Her ears had pricked at the distortion of air, and all that Sensaina had drilled in her head. Sonido was something that stuck because of the sound it made, something that hurt her overly attuned ears. Junko sucking in a breathe as she clashed with nearly faster foe, Shunpo meeting Sonido around Shuya's left shoulder with the blades nearly touching his ear before Junko put her back into it and overpowered the struggle, and caused the enemy to leap backwards in a rather ostentatious display of flexibility before landing atop the roof of an adjacent building, revealing themselves in the setting sunlight.

1664182202527.png
T͎͎o͎ ͎p͎͎r͎͎e͎͎v͎͎e͎͎n͎͎t͎ a͎͎n͎ ͎o͎͎t͎͎h͎͎e͎͎r͎͎w͎͎i͎͎s͎͎e͎ ͎b͎͎e͎a͎͎u͎͎t͎͎i͎͎f͎͎u͎͎l͎ a͎͎s͎͎s͎a͎͎s͎͎s͎͎i͎͎n͎a͎͎t͎͎i͎͎o͎͎n͎ ͎i͎͎s͎ ͎t͎͎r͎͎u͎͎l͎͎y͎ ͎t͎͎r͎a͎͎g͎͎i͎͎c͎, ͎H͎͎o͎͎w͎ ͎d͎͎o͎ ͎y͎͎o͎͎u͎ ͎i͎͎n͎͎t͎͎e͎͎n͎͎t͎ ͎t͎͎o͎ ͎r͎͎e͎͎p͎a͎͎y͎ ͎m͎͎y͎ ͎e͎͎f͎͎f͎͎o͎͎r͎͎t͎͎s͎? ͎P͎͎e͎͎r͎͎h͎a͎͎p͎͎s͎ ͎t͎͎h͎͎o͎͎s͎͎e͎ a͎͎n͎͎t͎͎l͎͎e͎͎r͎͎s͎ ͎w͎͎o͎͎u͎͎l͎͎d͎ ͎m͎a͎͎k͎͎e͎ ͎g͎͎o͎͎o͎͎d͎ ͎r͎͎u͎͎g͎ ͎s͎͎w͎a͎͎t͎͎t͎͎e͎͎r͎͎s͎!"

The figure spoke in sickly sweet tone as he bowed before Junko and Shuya, whom seemed to be his target. Junko in return took a stance between this bizarre looking figure and Shuya. "Touch this human or me, and I'll break your face you freak." The spirit pressure this thing was giving off excited her, and it felt like she could actually get a fight out of this one. Junko had figured it wasn't time, but she doubted her enemy cared about holding back, so she couldn't afford to either. Junko extending Kodzuchi forward and taking on a wide stance as her spirit pressure rapidly started to build.

"Wreathe the innocent in flame and burn away the darkness and all whom it enslaves, Hanketsu o Haishin, Kodzuchi!"

1664182348770.png

Her Nidachi released in a shatter of glass as ribbons of golden light emanated from the blade. Kodzuchi releasing into a hefty golden bladed broadsword that Junko wielded with ease. She had trained until her palms had become raw from her grip, and she was more ready then ever. She could only thank her Lieutenant for training her so damn hard. Kodzuchi judging his spirit pressure and finding [Gluttony] as this one's incredulous sin. The broadsword taking on a sin attribute based on this, and extending both the handle and blade even further as Kodzuchi became sword staff.

Shuya feeling it's effect almost immediately as the gluttonous sin attribute drained the strength of anyone within a certain range, increasing her own in the process. The foreigner unintentionally strengthening her exponentially as he had a ton of raw spirit pressure. It was such a pressure intensive moment that it could have very well awoken some latent power within Shuya as it was being forcibly drawn from him.

"Shit you should only be draining the wicked right? whatever, let's do this"

Attachments

• 1664172019588.png
    1664172019588.png
    315.4 KB · Views: 0
Yuuki Rukawa
Yuuki let Sensaina take the lead as he entered the mortal building, glancing around with mild curiousity when she followed after him at a safe distance. It might have been a safer idea to remain outside the store entirely, but then it was unlikely that if Sensaina was subdued she would actually be able to learn anything useful to escape with, victory required some measure of risk, in all things. Still that didn't mean it paid to be reckless, Yuuki kept a fair distance from Sensaina and a hand on the hilt of Mikadzuchi no konamida, the material icily cold to the touch as always.

Yuuki's reiatsu was as suppressed as she could manage it, which was reasonably well suppressed, she had spent a long time hiding from hollows that could sense it after all, but she was more relying on hiding her signature behind the more powerful aura Sensaina gave off, like a lit match dwarfed by a bonfire, which gave her the opportunity to look around with a watch ful and appraising the eye.

Even for someone who appreciated mortals and all their amusing ways, the store was not especially fascinating, mostly stocking the sort of ephemera mortals considered as daily necessities for living. It was almost deliberate in its innocuousness and Yuuki wondered to what extent the general store actually did busineess or if it merely served as camoflague for whatever was going on in the basement.

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid PlusUltra PlusUltra

Users who are viewing this thread

Back