• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Blackwatch Retribution

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

DapperCharmer2.0

The Charming Llama
McCree knew this was a mistake. Him leading a team? He hadn't done anything like that since he'd been a part of The Deadlock Gang; even then Ashe had done most of the real leading. McCree knew he wasn't the kind who could lead a team, certainly not Blackwatch; which was another bad idea. Telling Jack that, as McCree found, was a useless effort. Despite how Blackwatch had practically ruined Overwatch, Jack continued to argue that the problem had lay with people like Gabriel and Moira. Jack had used a lotta other fancy talk'n to justify the decision to bring back Blackwatch; which had been enough to get McCree go with his leader. Though he'd adamantly told Jack that he would complain the whole time; Jack had just laughed and thanked McCree agreeing to the job.

So now McCree was here, standing in the main hall of the Blackwatch operations building, waiting for his new team. He'd been surprised when Jack told him that it was still here and not demolished. Despite having left Blackwatch on the...not so best of terms...McCree still felt a bit of nostalgia for this place; it was just as he remembered. Having only read the files on these recruits, McCree was both eager and nervous to meet them for the first time. He'd read the files on three of them, but there were technical issues halting the posting of recruit number four. That might be an issue down the line, but for now McCree could live with three members. He took a deep breath, "here we go, Blackwatch take two."

SpazTheButcher SpazTheButcher
Void Dweller Void Dweller
Scarecrovv Scarecrovv
Dovahkiin3033 Dovahkiin3033

Last edited:
Interactions: DapperCharmer2.0 DapperCharmer2.0

The opportunity had arrived. Blackwatch was reforming, and new members were being recruited. This was the opportunity that one Alexis Bliss could not miss, because after all, normal deployments in the British Armed Forces would not be enough to fully demonstrate her prowess. Passing her classes and proving deadly with Marksman Rifles, she preferred hanging back and finding positions to engage long-range targets rather than jumping into the thick of it. After some guidance, she finally located the location of the Blackwatch Facility.

Of course, one who prefers to be apart of a Spec Ops group similar to Blackwatch would do their research. She had heard and dug about it's history, and how it was responsible for ruining Overwatch. After all, not many could forget the incidents in Rialto; gunfire throughout the streets and several dead. Hard to forget what they did, but she believed that under the right leadership; Blackwatch can return to it's former glory, especially when she's there. Once she entered, she laid her eyes on the figure before her; the legendary Jesse McCree. To say she was a fan was an understatement; she heard of his exploits in both Blackwatch and in the Deadlock Gang. His precision with a Revolver was unparalleled. Still quite the looker, she thought. Taking a deep breath, she planted her Rifle over her shoulder with one hand, whilst holding a rather sized container in the other. How she's able to hold both without giving way, no one knows.

"Jesse McCree. I've heard so much about you. I assume you've read up on me?"​

McCree wasn't surprised to see that Alexis was the first one to arrive to the base. Her military background made him pin her as the disciplined type; something McCree didn't have a problem with. Having her on the team might be good for a first time leader like him, since she probably wouldn't go against many orders. But then again, there might be some tension if McCree deviated from procedure; something McCree wad known to do. But those were all potential wrinkles that could be ironed out later. Right now he had to greet her, see how his gut like her company.

Walking forward McCree greeted her, "that I did, and I am quite impressed. You're a rare breed, I'll tell you what. Might even beat my high score at the practise range; emphasis on might," he chuckled as he shook her hand, assuming that she'd be able to out down something. If she couldn't, he'd have been a might disappointed. Looking to the gun he whistled, as if cat calling a fine looking lady. "That's a might fine piece of artillery, if'n you don't mind me saying," he nodded as he tipped his hat. "I look foward to seeing her in action. But first, I recommend unpacking. Dorms are down the hall behind me, first left. No assigned rooms, so take your fancy."

"I'd be glad to compete with you for that, Jesse."

Alexis chuckled a little when McCree stated she might beat his high score. She was always down for a challenge, often had mini competitions with her fellow cadets back home. Then when he whistled towards her gun, she spoke up.

"Made this one myself, or at least most of it's components I made myself. Medium to Long Range DMR with short and long range scopes, capable of almost any situation."

Then she commented on the dorms.

"No assigned rooms? Hmm. I guess you weren't initially expecting people. I'll go put my things away, thank you for your hospitality, Jesse. Or would you prefer being called McCree? Because if that's your preference, my codename is Deadeye."

Giving him a wink, she then proceeded down the hallway and the first left, taking the first room on the right.​

Slightly late arrives Ray. An ancient tan Humvee drives up to the building. Ray exits the vehicle, grabbing his ruck sack and duffel bag from the trunk. In his crisp, ancient, MARPAT uniform, Ray walks through the front doors to see a literal Cowboy in front of him. Though he had seen the posters, he was generally suprised to see McCree dressed like he was. He took off his beret and gave McCree a crisp salute.

"Gunnery Sergeant Person, sir"

He took his chance to look at McCree's sidearm, which fascinated him.

A few minutes after sending Alexis on her way, McCree looked back to see the second recruit in his team with military experience. The uniform and salute were promising to, made McCree think that things might actually go smoothly with this new team. But then again, Asher was yet to show up. According to the file, if anyone was going to rock the boat it would be him. Then again, McCree had been somewhat of a boat rocker himself; so maybe the two would get along. Of course, that would be seen when he arrived. Right now McCree had someone else to greet.

"At ease soldier," McCree chuckled, giving a small salute of his own, "I've read your file. Says the led Task Force Anvil. I've heard of your work, or rather Jack has made everyone sit and hear about your work. It'll be good to have an experienced hand here." Jotting down his arrival, McCree noticed Ray looking at his gun and smiled. Pulling it out proudly, he showed it to Ray. "Don't feel bad bout rubber necking ol peacekeeper here. She's a looker all right," he stated proudly, "been protecting me near 23 years, and hopefully will be for 23 more."

A smile still on his face, he put away Peackeeper. "Anyway, I'm sure you wanna unpack and get settled. Dorms are down the hall on your first left. Plenty of space to choose from minus one," he chuckled, "Alexis arrived already and probably already picked one."

SpazTheButcher SpazTheButcher

He lowered his salute at ease, and said, "Sounds good hoss. If you need anything, give me a holler" He walked down the hallway and glanced into Alexis' room as she unpacked, he gave her a nod and took the room directly across from her. He began unpacking, and checking his watch.

whatever the hell they’d been doing to him in that lab was apparently not good for his health (who’d have guessed?). the higher ups here hadn’t let him out of the blackwatch med lab for weeks after they’d rather forcefully retrieved him from his previous place of...housing. it was annoying, being pent up and unable to really do anything, but he supposed it wasn’t anything new. at least he had people to bother.

asher hadn’t known about the fall of blackwatch (or rather overwatch, but the two went hand-in-hand) when he’d arrived, given he hadn’t really been allowed outside or given access to any sort of news. his days were simply a cycle of tests, training, sleep, repeat. regardless, he’d learned all sorts of info from the nurses in the med lab here, whether it was because they’d been gossiping already and thought they were being quiet enough, or because they just really liked the way asher actually behaved when they told him shit he wanted to know.

that also happened to include little tidbits on the other members, although the nurses and doctors didn’t have as much info as he’d liked. no matter: he’d be meeting a couple of them today.

asher hummed noncommittally in answer to the nurses babbling, something about coming back every few days, staying hydrated, getting his cybernetics checked again later, blah blah blah. in one ear, out the other he’d say, but he’d remember the info anyway. would he come back for said check-ups though?

probably not.

he swung his legs playfully over the edge of the hospital bed a few more times before scooting forwards and planting his feet on the floor. the metal claws hit the tile with satisfying ‘tinks’ as he stood, and his tail curled it’s way out of the bed to offer balance.

“right, yeah, i’ll keep that in mind,” asher drawled, voice smooth, bored, and very clearly disregarding every word they’d said. he saw the nurses exchange exasperated glances, and he offered the most innocent smile he could manage before he turned on his heel and strode directly out of the room. goodbye uncomfortable hospital bed.

the duplicate hallways got annoying very quickly. asher kept his face blank as he weaved his way through the facility in search of the entrance, but wow he almost wished he’d asked those nurses for better directions or something. this place was a maze.

a few turns later, and asher knew he’d found the right location immediately. he’d heard about the guy, but the descriptions from those gossipy nurses didn’t do him justice.

“nice hat, cowboy,” was the first thing out of asher’s mouth, and then: “heard you guys needed a drug dealer?” medicine distributor, supply dropper, healer, more like, but asher thought those sounded decidedly less fun. he cocked his head to side, yellow eyes looking the other man up and down. mccree, right? his gaze paused on the shiny gun at his side and the hat placed atop his head.

huh. asher allowed a crooked, sharp toothed grin to replace his earlier expression (or lack thereof). maybe this wouldn't be as boring as he'd thought.

A sly smile couldn't help but grow on McCrees face as the third member of his team arrived. If the one of a kind appearance didn't provide proof enough, then the attitude did. Asher's file had mention that smart mouth of his and McCree had to admit that he had found himself disappointed to see the files were accurate. It wasn't that he didn't think he could handle a smart mouth rebel type, he was more so disappointed that he was no longer the smart mouth rebel type of the team.

"Glad to see you finally arrived, been out of hash for a few days now," McCree chuckled. He was certainly more of a cigar man, but he certainly had bedded the sweet lady Mary Jane a few times in his youth. Though he hoped Asher hasn't actually brought any of that stuff, Jack would certainly not be pleased of he did. Then again, what Jack didn't know wouldn't kill him. But McCree was getting ahead of himself.

"I'd bring up the fact that you're late, but I'd also assume that a charmer like yourself was having trouble getting the nurses to let him go," McCree joked again, doting down that Asher had arrived. "Dorms are down the hall behind me; then take the first left. You'll find a room and two of your teammates"

Scarecrovv Scarecrovv

mccree’s response wasn’t an expected one, and asher exhaled an equal parts surprised and amused huff of air on his next breath. he eyed the man again. it was good to know not everyone here was an uptight military professional with a stick up their ass. a change of pace would definitely do asher good.

“if this keeps up i’ll get myself kicked out within the next day,” he joked, and added a laugh for good measure. he could get himself kicked out within the next minute, really, and no drugs would need to be involved.

he cut off that train of thought before it went any further.

asher was amused by the man's next remark as well, and although he didn’t laugh this time, he let his grin widen, smug. he’d take the flattery, jest or not.

“you can say that again. they want me to come back later too! can you imagine?”

asher could work with this. being playful, snarky, trading banter, exaggerating. it was easy to do, easy to fake and even easier to make friends with if they could tolerate it. he needed to stay here for a while (because really, where else was he supposed to go?), and if he pissed everyone off right off the bat then that would make things...significantly harder.

so, right. be friendly.

raising one clawed hand in a mock, two fingered salute, asher sidestepped around the other man. he got directions this time at least. spending any more time wandering through hallways was going to drive him mad.

“thanks, cowboy!”

and the smile slipped off his face the moment he’d turned around.

asher found two of the rooms were taken thus far, and he silently walked past both doors with little more than a glance. later. the third room he encountered was the one he claimed, and as he stepped inside he paused in the doorway, eyes roaming over the space. it was bigger than what he’d had in the lab, with an actual bed and everything.

damn.

he dropped the small bag he’d been carrying in his left hand onto the floor, causing one of the books inside to slide out and bump against the bed. asher didn’t move to put it back, just let his gaze focus on the object. there wasn’t much unpacking to do, considering he didn’t really have any belongings aside from the extra clothing the nurses had provided a few weeks ago when they’d found out he didn’t own anything other than what he’d been...rescued in, his knives, and a book or two that he’d stolen from said lab.

he tapped a foot once, twice, against the floor in thought. maybe he’d fix that.

DapperCharmer2.0 DapperCharmer2.0

Digit ran diagnostics on his systems. Connection to the shield system was fine, additional power supplies were functioning as intended. Mobile Devices were all functioning well, as well as the shield projector. Everything was good to go, ready for some field work if there was any waiting for him. Following the directions he was given, the omnic walked down the Blackwatch building's hall, soon to spot a figure he was told to look for. A bearded man with a revolver, the one to lead a team of Digit himself and a few other bags of wonder this organization had managed to gather. Maybe they could assist in the advancement of his researches on shield technology. He'd hate to miss such opportunities.
"Sir."
The omnic acknowledged Mcree with a salute.
"I was told to meet you here."

DapperCharmer2.0 DapperCharmer2.0

McCree was about to call it quits for the day when he suddenly got a memo from Jack; a new recruit. The memo came with a fully completed recruit form as well as details on the lab, which would be given to the omnic to research his headlight shield technology. The memo also mentioned the possibility of another recruit, who was supposed to be member number four, leaving Blackwatch. It was sad, but not detrimental to the team; since they had a new member to fill in the ranks. And according to.his file, he'd be quite a useful teammate.

McCrea had just finished reading Digit's form when the Omnic arrived; his actions causing a soft smile on his face. "No need for such formalities son, I ain't in need of any saluting. But you are meant to meet me, yes," McCree nodded, putting away the file. "And it's good to meet you. Read your file, look forward to seeing those shields o yours in action," complimented McCree. Looking at the omnic he gave a nod, "with you here that's everyone accounted for. The others are already here in their rooms. Yours is next to theirs, down the hall and first left. I suggest you head there and unpack, as well as let the team know that there's a team meeting in ten. Oh, and before you go. Jack wanted me to let you know that our lab is open to you 24/7. You won't have the restrictions you had at Overwatch, but any projects you have have to been approved by me. Got it?" he asked, wanting to make sure they didn't have another Moira incident any time soon.

RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan

Ray had finished unpacking his stuff, which was mostly uniforms, and then he checked his watch. He jogged outside just in time for a large hover transport to arrive. He went towards the back and the driver helped him wheel a large crate, about 7 ft in length and 3 feet in width, out of the back and down the back ramp of the truck. He then went back inside the truck and grabbed a second crate, this one smaller, about 5 ft in length and 2 feet in width. he stacked it onto the larger crate and then wheeled them inside.
He pushed them down to his dorm, and began the real unpacking. Slowly, bit by bit and very carefully, he took parts of the Exoskeleton out of the large case and put them down. Once he had the skeleton itself out, he began putting it together, using Allen keys and wrenches of various shapes and sizes. It was clear he had done this a hundred times, and in about 15 minutes the suit was put together. Because of logistical errors(the suit could not be put on if the armor plates were attached, meaning they had to be attached after donning the suit), he placed the armor plates on the desk next to his bed. In the second crate he found his M249C, which he started stripping and cleaning with a military proficiency.

As everyone was unpacking, Alexis was rearranging her bunk. While the decor fit Blackwatch's image almost perfectly, it didn't quite feel like home to her yet. After all, once she's committed to this sort of job, it's for life until stated otherwise! She started by seeing if she was able to move the beds. Hmm... Not quite. It appeared as if they were built into the wall; at least hers was. Perhaps that was a good thing, a different change of pace than the traditional bunkbed. She had brought with her two weapons instead of one; her Customizable Rifle, but also a L129A1 Sharpshooter Rifle; the first one she ever held and used in training. Finding a weapon plaque, she planted it above her head and mounted the old rifle.

"You'll always be in my memory, old girl. From the first day I laid my eyes and hands on you, to the day where you're hung above my beds as a trophy and symbol of my dedication."

Next was the decoration. Reaching into her bag, she pulled out a folded carpet (which looked like this) and laid it out in the middle. Next was a tea-making machine with a supply of Yorkshire Tea and biscuits; setting them up near the bed-wall. Then finally, the rest was simply photo's of her; posing with her fellow cadets, with family back home, holding her CMR (Customized Marksman Rifle) in one of the bases she served in, and some miscellaneous photos. Her room was finally starting to come together in her eyes. It was missing just one final touch-up; the computer. Reaching further into her bag, she eventually pulled it out after grabbing the rest of the decor supplies and set it up on a table in the room.

"Useful for emergencies... Like I'd need it with Blackwatch but it doesn't hurt."

Feeling accomplished with her deeds, she peeked outside her room to see what everyone else was up to.

"Seems everyone else is setting up too... Although that guy who winked at me earlier, I don't see him anywhere..."

Shrugging, she walked out and was hoping to bump into McCree. After all, before an assignment Alexis likes to get to know her superiors, or in this case; superior. Walking down the hallway back to where they met, she had hoped he'd still be there.

"McCree? Jesse? You still here? I've finished with my bunk and was hoping to get some minor work done with you; get to know my superior, you know?"​

Last edited:
'Everyone accounted for,' McCree thought to himself as he left the final member of their team to his business. McCree looked over their forms one more time to make sure he hadn't missed anything that might deem them a security risk. All seemed good to him. He might have to watch out for Asher, but McCree didn't think it would be much more than a little bit of teen style rebelliousness; which he hoped would be saved for outside of missions only.

Hearing a woman's voice, McCree looked up to see Alexis. "Off mission, Jesse is fine," McCree smiled as he put away all the forms, answering the question on his name preference, "yeah still here. Just welcoming a new comer, Omnic guy. He's probably going to be helping with upgrades to our armor." Of course McCree didn't know of the Omnic could do more than work on his own shields, but he hoped.

"I was actually planning a team meet in ten, but I also needed to give a final test to the shooting range/training area," McCree explained as he began walking there, gesturing for Alexis to follow him. "If you want to get to know me that might be a good chance. But, please, don't think of me as a superior. Only reason I'm in charge is because I've done this all before. God knows how many years ago, I was right where you are now."

"Shooting range, huh? Guess I'll get to know you more than I thought. Although I didn't bring my weapon."

Alexis spotted his gesture to follow him to the training range, and took it; walking alongside him. When he mentioned how she shouldn't treat him as a superior and comparing himself to her, she couldn't help but laugh a little.

"Haven't we all, Jesse? You must of been a cadet at some point for a group, right? Finally getting your own team must be pretty good if Jack trusts you."​

McCree smiled gently as Alexis laughed. He always enjoyed being on a team with someone who knew how to crack a smile. Even Gabriel, despite all his faults, knew how to keep things lighthearted when need. Moira on the other hand......

"I wouldn't exactly call my training cadet like," McCree chuckled as they got to the range. He handed her a gun and began a short calibration test. When they were done, they could shoot. "While cadets, like yourself, did pushups I was robbing banks. While they practised on dummys, I used sheriff's. You guys taught discipline, I learnt to drink a bottle of whiskey in under ten seconds," he laughed, though it was something he really could do. McCree then shrugged, "course, I ain't proud of it; except for that whiskey thing. But it's my past. Can't ignore it, only learn from it"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back