• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

DapperCharmer2.0

The Charming Llama
First came Overwatch; an elite team of heroes dedicated to protecting the world. From Overwatch came Blackwatch; a team with much the same goal, but with different means. Essential Blackwatch was covert ops, taking on jobs a might bit more....messy than what Overwatch handled. But this approach to missions, or rather it's leader at the time, led to the down fall of Blackwatch and eventually Overwatch as well.

Years past and Overwatch was needed, so they returned to once again save the world (if in a less official capacity this time) Slowly the public grew trusting in Overwatch again. However, just as the people needed Overwatch, Overwatch needed Blackwatch. It seemed like a bad idea, given how things turned out last time. But Jack argued that it wasn't the team, it was the leader. That's why Jack was appointing a new leader, someone he could trust, someone with Blackwatch experience, someone....who went by McCree
--------------------------------

So, basically this rp will be about Jesse McCree (played by me) struggling with his new role as inexperienced leader, dealing with a ragtag group of new recruits (who will presumably have their own problems and drama)

I'm only looking for 4 people at first, as I believe this will keep the plot moving and get players to interact with one another and create friendships/drama/etc. It'll be first in first serve, but if things go well new players may be added. New players may also be added if others need to leave the rp.

Rules:
1. 18+ I haven't seen many group rps with this rule, but I know a lot of people above this age (including me) prefer to have this rule in 1x1 rps, so I figured I'd use it here

2. Please reply at least once a week (though every third day would be better) I understand life can get hectic so if this rule isn't followed it won't mean immediate removal. A friendly bump will be sent as a reminder, and if life is getting hectic let me know

3. If you want to quit, please let me know. This Will allow me to write around your disappearance (character death/wounding) and allow new recruits to join.

4. No Godmodding. Unless given permission from another player, no controlling anothers character

5. Follow site rule in regards to what content you have in your posts

6. Have fun and don't ruin other people's fun (harassment, exclusion, etc)

Characters:
For this rp I am looking, mostly, for players to submit OCs as the recruits. If you want to play a cannon character ask and we can potentially work something out, but they must fit into the context of a covert ops team. Additionally if you want to double as a cannon character, that's fine too. But keep in mind that won't be the main feature of the rp

If you're interested post down below. Once there's enough hype i'll post a character sheet (of course feel free to tell me about your oc before that goes up)

Last edited:
Hey, I'm really interested! But I only play the game and know of Blackwatch through voice lines and the events, so I gotta ask if it's Beginner Friendly?

If you're talking about this event:

Then, that's all that I'll be referring to.
Any other details about Blackwatch will be moreso head cannon, if that makes sense.

Excellent ^_^

Once we get a few more i'll post a Character Sheet. Though if you already have ideas i'd love to hear them.
Awesome! How would you like the face claims? Art, semi-realistic, realistic??? So I can start looking!

I have one currently! Her name is Morrigan and I'm thinking of giving her the ability to cause people to "freeze". Not like Mei, but like they just sort of freeze in place, allowing her (wearing a special uniform) to go in and uh. Do What She Has to Do! It needs some balancing and more brainstorming, but that's the basic idea! If you're moving fast enough, you can get out of the zone, so that means McCree's bullets can get through and take care of the enemies as well!

I don't know if we're doing battle rp though! Just thinking ahead ^^

Awesome! How would you like the face claims? Art, semi-realistic, realistic??? So I can start looking!

I have one currently! Her name is Morrigan and I'm thinking of giving her the ability to cause people to "freeze". Not like Mei, but like they just sort of freeze in place, allowing her (wearing a special uniform) to go in and uh. Do What She Has to Do! It needs some balancing and more brainstorming, but that's the basic idea! If you're moving fast enough, you can get out of the zone, so that means McCree's bullets can get through and take care of the enemies as well!

I don't know if we're doing battle rp though! Just thinking ahead ^^

Any face claims are fine, whatever you're most comfortable with.

Power sounds interesting, but may need some work. Specifically how it works. For example, in the game D.Va has infinite exploding Mechs; that wouldn't fly in reality

Also there may be some battles, but it's not the main focus

Gotcha!
Basically I think that there are a total of three palm-sized apparatuses that slow the movement of people by condensing their atoms and making it hard to move. (i'm just spitting out science that i don't really understand don't come for me pls i am small and stupid) Enemies like the snipers would be able to move away from the area that the apparatus effects, but ones with a normal or lower movement speed would be forced to stop and be effected by this. It lasts for a total of 3-5 seconds. Haven't figured out how long yet!

But yeah, there's a max number of them, a limited area of effect, and a limit to who can be effected by it.

Gotcha!
Basically I think that there are a total of three palm-sized apparatuses that slow the movement of people by condensing their atoms and making it hard to move. (i'm just spitting out science that i don't really understand don't come for me pls i am small and stupid) Enemies like the snipers would be able to move away from the area that the apparatus effects, but ones with a normal or lower movement speed would be forced to stop and be effected by this. It lasts for a total of 3-5 seconds. Haven't figured out how long yet!

But yeah, there's a max number of them, a limited area of effect, and a limit to who can be effected by it.

Let me sleep on it. Then I'll send a pm to discuss further, so we don't clog thus thread

I might be up for this if you get it off the ground/more people. Might do some image searching to get inspiration for a character.

Current concepts are either Electricity based Electro-Magnetism character, Full Cybernetic CopyCat/Spy, or a Martial Arts Speed one.

Okay, firstly, Overwatch is my game! I am a support main and can play any support excluding Mercy (could never get her mechanics down). Seeing an overwatch roleplay warms my heart. I would love to join. I had an idea.

Black watch is a covert team. As such, tanks don't really fit in that world. They are big, bulky and are an in your face play style. So, I was hoping to try and make a covert tank. A damage sponge that can still be covert. I would obviously run all ability ideas by you.

So, is there room for me?

Okay, firstly, Overwatch is my game! I am a support main and can play any support excluding Mercy (could never get her mechanics down). Seeing an overwatch roleplay warms my heart. I would love to join. I had an idea.

Black watch is a covert team. As such, tanks don't really fit in that world. They are big, bulky and are an in your face play style. So, I was hoping to try and make a covert tank. A damage sponge that can still be covert. I would obviously run all ability ideas by you.

So, is there room for me?

Of course. I'd absolutely love to hear your take on a covert Tank. I'm actually a tank main myself; Orisa is my main girl XD

Of course. I'd absolutely love to hear your take on a covert Tank. I'm actually a tank main myself; Orisa is my main girl XD
Nothing like a clutch Orisa. When I do play tank, it's usually Hog or Sigma. Sometimes I play Hammond.

I will start working on my thoughts for a covert tank. I will DM you with any details I come up with so we can get this to standard. I can't wait!

I mean RP wise the abilities would be far more flexible. Like when you look at the cinematics they do more than they could in the game a few times.

Quick question. Are we lining up abilities like they do in game? Like we need to define it in high detail and they have to have one of each ability like the Overwatch characters do, or do we just go at it wildly?

Just come up with one central idea for a "power" and we'll go from there.

As a reference, this is set in a realistic world. So it won't function like a 1 to 1 copy of the game

I mean RP wise the abilities would be far more flexible. Like when you look at the cinematics they do more than they could in the game a few times.

Exactly. As long as what you do in rp can be explained by a central character theme/power, it should be fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back