• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Blackthorn Asylum

Wolfsrain123

Hell's Angel

6520e0aa7cc17b45537ed5cf416bd453.jpg

Dementia, horrific delusions, psychotic paranoia, violent sociopathic behaviour... these are but a few of the torments thatplague the wretched souls confined within these walls. And though modern science has discovered ways to rationalize and treat certain mental disorders, there are still some extreme cases that defy explanation or cure.

During your visit, you shall bear witness to shocking depravities of the human mind as well as monstrous abnormalities of the physical body. Tragically incurable, these tortured souls spend their vile existence plauged by a nightmarish reality that mercifully eludes those who cling to their sanity. For the essence of evil dwells in the deepest shadows of the mind and the gateway to revelation lies beyond the threshold of madness...

Blackthorn-illus_345547.jpg

[media]

[/media]

Ivan walked out of his room. Unlike a lot of places, the prisoners got a lot of freedom if they were good. If they were bad they were sent to solitary. He ran his hand through his hair. He walked out into the court yard and gave a charming smile to one of the female guards. "I'll make it worth your while if you give me a pack of cigarettes." He was hit to the ground and he coughed a little. "You-" She spat at him "watch it, inmate!" He went inside angrily. Since he came to this asylum, he just stopped sleeping. It was hard for him. The medication they gave him didn't work and he kept telling his therapist but she wouldn't listen. She just upped the dosage. Drugs helped his nightmares but the doctors didn't believe him. They said drugs like weed and heroine were bad for him. He passed the other inmates and they sneaked a glance at him. This place was like a prison and they treated them more like prisoners than crazies which was good in a way but still annoying. He let out a heavy sigh as he walked into the rec room.

Serena walked into the asylum with her parents and a bag of her things. "I want go home," she told her parents. Her mother checked her in at the front desk while Serena looked through through the magazines. Her father shook her head and said "not after your last outburst. I'm sorry sweetheart." The tears welled up in Serena's eyes. After her mother signed her in, she was taken away from them. The guards took her away. they took out her piercings and forced her to remove her make up. She was strip searched and gave her a cavity search before she was handed a pair of sweatpants and a white t shirt. She quickly slipped them on. They pushed her forward and she was led to an empty room. "This is where you'll be staying..." She was shoved into the room and she sat on her bed as she started to cry. She already couldn't stand this place. First off, it was co-ed and the guys could easily see her shower or undress. And she assumed she had a male roommate. She wanted to leave this place.

London was stuck, her arms constricted from the white jacket and her feet shifts slowly as they are locked with cuffs. The guards pulls her to the door, her mouth covered with a muzzle, almost like a dog. She hums slightly to keep her anger from going out of control, the song she always sang when blood-lust was clear in her heart. "London Bridges, Falling down...falling down." AA chuckle escapes threw the hole of her mask, causing the men to raise there eyebrows at her before resuming what they were doing. They sign in before pressing their hands against the identification unit and pull her into the pale room. The lock doors make a large sound as they shut, screeching across the tile floor. They scan her, before making a cavity search and stripping her down to pure nakedness, at least it was done by a female. They give her a white t-shirt that was soft from the wash and white sweatpants that clung to her hips but left a lot of baggage at the legs, finally they hand her a pair of slippers and take off the tight muzzle. She chuckles as they take the cuffs off of her hands, a sweet smile comes along her full lips before getting on her tiptoes and whispering "Thank you, hon." Scratching his head, he leads her to her room, already telling her about the coed dorms and dropping her off at the recreation room.

Ivan sat on the couch, watching tv, his only place to the outside world. He saw one girl flip a table and attack the girl sitting across from her. One of the cards hit Ivan and he stood up. Guards were trying to break the two apart. He stopped when he saw London and said, his thick British accent evident "you! Are you new here?" Everyone's eyes were on them. Ivan smirked, his eyes cold and distant. "I haven't seen you around here." He kept his eyes on her. Everyone watched them like they were watching a play or a movie. The guards kept their eyes on them` and made sure Ivan didn't try anything. He just rolled his eyes in annoyance. "And also, did you sneak any cigarettes in here?"

"I wish- but they do have an excellent search service, isn't that right boys" Her eyes trail over to one of the guards, a small smirk approaching her lips before chuckling at the female fighting. She watches his lips, the smirk causing her to tense but relax from the tune in her head. Her emotions switch easily which contradicted her psychopathic nature. Sighing, she runs a hand through her dark hair "I wish I had anything to smoke or even a quick **** but sexual acts are a no-no, why is this asylum so strict" She was really saying it to herself but was distracted again by another thought. "Also, my dorm person is Ivan Fairfax" Her accent mixes into the sentence, as she pronounces the name with a bit of a fumble. "Do you know who he is?" She questions, her eyes searching him.

Last edited by a moderator:
ZlokobanSins said:
"I wish- but they do have an excellent search service, isn't that right boys" Her eyes trail over to one of the guards, a small smirk approaching her lips before chuckling at the female fighting. She watches his lips, the smirk causing her to tense but relax from the tune in her head. Her emotions switch easily which contradicted her psychopathic nature. Sighing, she runs a hand through her dark hair "I wish I had anything to smoke or even a quick fuck but sexual acts are a no-no, why is this asylum so strict" She was really saying it to herself but was distracted again by another thought. "Also, my dorm person is Ivan Fairfax" Her accent mixes into the sentence, as she pronounces the name with a bit of a fumble. "Do you know who he is?" She questions, her eyes searching him.
Ooc: Censor cuss words. I know from experience that they will ban you. Ive been banned from this site more than I would like -sigh- Just looking out for you before they freak out at you.

"Ah so they've finally given me a roommate." Ivan seemed amused as he watched her. He went back to sit on the couch. "Look, think of this place like a prison except with a bunch of crazies. Do what it takes to survive. I'm only here because the court deemed me as a sociopath." He glanced over and saw Sophie walk in, her eyes wet from crying. She hated it here. "Oh and don't be like her. Newbie number two... better stop crying before they eat you alive." Sophie seemed scared by his interaction and she stepped back a little. She ended up hurrying into the corner and sitting in a chair. Ivan let out a heavy sigh in annoyance. "She's the type of girl I despise. Acting oh so innocent when its obvious she's not innocent. Especially considering she's wound herself up here in a mental asylum."

Ooc: Thank you, now I will censor them! Thanks for the heads up, do not feel like being banned.

London couldn't help but laugh at the girl, a childlike giggle before maturing into a deep chuckle bursts out her mouth. "No one is innocent if they wound up in the nuthouse, she is just like everyone but will she crack, that is the question." Expecting her nails, she goes to sit by Ivan, crossing her legs. "I just love watching people cry, it makes me want to just drink the pain of their tears but now I can't" She sighs heavily before looking at the girl once again, her dark eyes has a glint of mischief as she gives the girl a wide smile, her canines manually sharpened caused it to look more sinister than it already was. "Might as well as, why are you here", She turns her body toward Ivan, folding her arms over her chest before leaning against the couch.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I have nightly night terrors and was there on the day my parents were murdered. They obviously assumed it was me and I was taken in for questioning. I kept telling them I didn't do it but they kept insisting I did." He sighed in annoyance. "I was found guilty on charges of being a sociopath and they wanted me further evaluated to see if I was schizophrenic. The stupid doctors don't know the difference between left and right... and I need either a smoke or maybe they'll finally give me some weed. Ive been asking them for months..." He looked at her with a slight smirk. "And why are you here? I've been questioned so its only fair that you've been questioned too, roommate." He licked his lips devilishly.

"Well aren't you interesting" She tilts her head at his response, before a smirk falls on her face again. "My life of insanity starts when I was born which I had a twin sister, who I killed in the womb. I remember vividly as a child seeing a extra crib with name "Paris." Chuckling slightly at the names, she resumes her story. "It only got worst, I started to get angry quickly and even physically hurt someone because of it. I stabbed my teacher with a pair of scissor, I don't know why.. I just did. Her cries of agony and the blood that oozed out wound excited me, I wanted more. My parents didn't want me to be a psycho, so they accepted the bipolar disorder instead. They took me to a therapist but I finally went insane, strangling and watching her poor excuse to throw me off was amazing, which got me here." She motions to the place around her, to all the outcasts and crazies that swarm the room.

"I tried to kill my mom," Sophie spoke up. Ivan snickered in response to her outburst. "Well I'm the most normal one here. Probably cause Im not crazy." He shook his head in annoyance. Sophie pouted and responded "I'm not crazy either." Ivan laughed as he stood up. "I'm going back to my room. Its too loud here." He walked out of the room. Sophie let out a sigh and sat on the couch with London and asked "what's your name?" She looked at her curiously, flipping her hair to the side. "I'm Sophie!" She smiled, giggling a little bit. Her eyes were an icy blue as she watched London, curious on what she would do. She knew she had to makes friends or else they would eat her up alive. Luckily, this wasn't where the true crazies were. That's up at the maximum security facility. Lucky for her, she ended up here.

"You mean our room hon" She yells out to him before facing the girl, she was different just changing her persona like that. "Well preppy one, meet your maker...London" She smirks slightly, crossing her arms against her chest before propping her legs on to the table. She moves a hand through her messy curls, "You know they need to be so much more gentle with those stripping units, I'm fragile, I need a gentle touch. Even the female was harsh." London starts to pick at her nails, the natural look unusual since she usually is the one wearing metallic colors. "Anyways, what is your story, you seem like you have some bark" London wasn't the most social person and we it came down to conversation, it caused her to be blunt, maybe a bit sarcastic also.

Sophie looked down and then when she met her eyes, she told her "I-I'm bipolar... I can't control myself. I attacked my mom and she dropped me off here saying next time, I might really kill her." She looked down. "Sophie... Its time for your medication," called one of the doctors. She smiled and said "I got to go." She followed the doctor. She had to take three different medicines; one for her depression, one for anxiety and one for bipolar. It was a pain but it was better than going on another psychotic rampage.

"Well that's too bad, I wonder what would happened if she did just die" London was talking to her self as she watches Sophie leave, her medicine hour was in nights to keep her sleep-walking at bay. "Might as well go mess with Ivan" She gets up before walking to the hallways of which the dorms were in. She got lost but finally made before opening the door and jump onto one of the beds, smiling happily as the beds hugs her. "Not as comfortable as my own but it will do...for now" She looks toward Ivan, making a small smirk. "What were you trying to say about me being crazy" She winks in a playful manner, turning over onto her back to face upwards as she crosses her legs.

Ivan was reading. He let out a heavy sigh, already annoyed by his new roommate. "You know my last roommate hung herself... Are you going to be like her or are you going to be here until the end of my stay here?" He wasn't ashamed to show his annoyance with her presence. He wasn't very welcoming of her. He snickered as he glanced over at her in amusement. "I really hope your not like her..."

"What are you saying? I like this place, so many more minds to play with. Did I displease you with something I did, I can see your annoyed because of me." London looks at him, her eyes narrowing but going back to a neutral state. She understood why people didn't like her in the beginning from her rude personality but she thought she had a new ally with Ivan. Is he going to annoy her like the others? Might as well deem who is going to be your enemy now? She purses her lips before biting them and rolling back on to her stomach, her hair wrapping around her figure.

"I hereby sentence the defendant to 12 months in Blackthorn Psychiatric hospital" With that the judge smacked his gavel down and chatter filled the courtroom. Charlie sat there in shock, he couldnt believe it, he had only stabbed him in self defence and ow they found him "Criminally insane". Hadnt the psychiatrist just said that he had a mild form of Schizophrenia?

"Sorry pal" His lawyer said putting a hand on his shoulder"

"Mr Walker!"

Charlie snapped back into reality, an old rather nasty looking nurse was standing in front of him. He could see that they were standing in what resembled a recreation room, there was a large tv which was surrounded by musty looking couches that the other patients were sitting on, they seemed to be chatting amongst themselves rather then watching the TV.

Charlie would of found this quite cool except for the fact that these people were probably all mentally insane and he infact had been falsely sentenced here. Suddenly a distant scream broke out from somewhere down the hall. He looked back to where the nurse had been merely seconds ago, but she was now gone and he was now alone, a stranger in Blackthorn Asylum.

"I'm not a big fan of loud personalities..." He let out a sigh. "I'm not a fan of a lot of people so don't feel insulted." He ran a hand through his hair. "It's just... I've learned not to trust people. I mean I've been screwed over by everyone and I wound up here in the definition of Hell." He leaned against the wall as he watched her. "Your personality seems to have changed since we've talked last." He chuckled in amusement. He hated it here but to him, this was home because when he got out, he didn't know where he'd go. When he talked to his older sister, she told him that his parents house was foreclosed and when he asked her if he could stay with her, she reluctantly declined. She explained how her husband felt about him and with the baby on the way, it was hopeless. He would just be another street junkie that would eventually die on the street. Not like anyone would care. He decided to ask "how much time do you have here?"

Sophie walked back into the recreation room after taking her medication and sat on the couch. She needed to make friends quick before she became a target but so far, the two people she spoke with didn't seem interested in being her friend. She looked at the newscaster on the TV and grabbed the remote to change it. She sighed, realizing nothing was on. She only had to endure four months of this but time seemed to go really slow. She didn't know how she would survive. Luckily she only had group therapy once a week and regular therapy every other week. It wasn't like a lot of the other patients who spent more time in therapy then out of it. She wrapped her arms around herself as her eyes started to water again. She hated it here. She couldn't survive. Not with all these crazies around. To make it even worst, everything but the bathrooms were co-ed but taking a shower was probably still bad since they were watched by guards. This felt more and more like a prison by the second.

Charlie looked around at the recreation room, he noticed a girl and a boy probably about his age making out on the nearest couch "wow.. what a place to start a relationship" he though to himself. He noticed another girl who was sitting in the furtherst corner of the room, on the floor, she seemed to be lightly banging her on the wall. Besides that, there were probably about 6 or 7 more people in the room who he only glanced at quickly.

After stepping back out into the hall, Charlier started looking for his room. He walked down a dark and narrow hallway that smelled dank and of mold.

Sophie glanced over at the couple and saw a guard splitting the two up. She sighed as she got up and left the room, pushing past Charlie. She just wanted to get to her room and not speak to anyone. She was was running and a guard snapped "no running!" She quickly slowed down to a quick walk. She sighed. She didn't understand why there were so many guards here but it could be worst. At least they had freedom to whatever they wanted... for the most part. There were still strict rules in place.

"My sentence was decided in court, almost like I'm going to prison" She chuckles, remembering the rainy day. Her parents crying as she sat there bored, already knowing her mentality will come into play. She might be crazy or even completely insane but London was never stupid, always knew what was happening. "They decided twenty years at the most, my "so called" lawyer who was scared to come even two feet of me, said that I might get out early for good behavior" Her voice had a snooty tone, before laughing lightly and turning toward Ivan. "How much time do you have left." She tilts her head, peering at him closely.

Charlie felt someone shove him in the back which caused him to jolt forward a little, he looked up to see a figure of a girl running down the hall although it was a little hard to make out her features due to the light.

"My sentence was decided in court, almost like I'm going to prison" the voice drifted out into the hallway which made it echo in Charlie's ears. He noticed that it seemed to be coming from a door that was slightly open.

"Five more years for a total of ten..." He muttered. He looked down. "It sucks but to me, this is my home. I dont have anywhere else to go. Ive lost my home, my family, my friends..." He chuckled. "I will be starving on the streets when they let me out but they dont care. They never care. They are just happy your gone. Thats how they are." He smirked

"Your leaving me? Well you were here before me, I'll be all alone and warning the newbies about this place" She laughs, reflecting back on when she was little, sighing at the little happy memories she had. "Don't worry Ivan, you'll find your place. IF they achieve happiness, then it's fair that you get peace too" A genuine smile comes along but she turns before he could see and replaces it quickly with a calm expression. She breathes lightly before sitting up on the bed, and stretching her arms, "So, what have you been doing all this time, in this nut house? Like trying to find a escape route, making enemies...?."

"I've done nothing.. I stay away from everyone and they leave me alone for the msot part. Sometimes, they'll let me have a walk around the courtyard." He rolled his eyes. "I hate it here but... I'm glad I've met you. I guess I can call you my friend." He smiled a little. "Thank you for everything, London. You've given me hope." He smiled sadly.

"Don't be sad Ivan, you should always have hope, because even if life is horrible right now. Only you can make it better... Don't be pessimistic buddy, while I'm here, I'm not letting you be sad" She smirks playfully, London was glad she met him, she thought she had to be tough, but letting your guard down might not be that bad. "So before you got in here, did you have somewhat of a regular life? Maybe even a partner or a dog as a best-friend?" She was interested, she actually wanted to know about someone's life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back