• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Blackhaven

AI10100

Expert Lurker
[class=container]margin: auto; height: 400px; width: 450px;[/class] [class=leftborder]position: absolute; height: 400px; width: 55px; background-color: #5f6769; border-top-left-radius: 60px; border-bottom-left-radius: 60px;[/class] [class=homebutton]position: absolute; top: 150px; z-index: 50; background-color: white; height: 80px; width: 80px; border-radius: 100px; border: 15px solid #5f6769; line-height: 77px; font-size: 42px; text-align: center; text-shadow: 2px 2px #719192; color: #3c4245; transition: .5s;[/class] [class=main]position: absolute; margin-left: 55px; height: 400px; width: 345px; background-color: #719192;[/class] [class=tabs]position: absolute; margin-left: 400px; width: 40px; height: 160px; padding: 20px 0; background-color: #5f6769; border-top-right-radius: 25px; border-bottom-right-radius: 25px;[/class] [class=tab]height: 40px; width: 40px; line-height: 37px; color: #ffffff; text-align: center; transition: .5s;[/class] [class=chosentab]font-size: 20px; color: #dfcdc3; transition: .5s;[/class] [class=chosenhome]color: #dfcdc3; transition: .5s;[/class] [class=tape]position: absolute; z-index: 2; width: 100px; height: 20px; top: 40px; left: 45px; background-color: #dfcdc3; opacity: 0.7; transform: rotate(-40deg);[/class] [class=title]position: absolute; margin: 315px 0 0 75px; width: 250px; height: 50px; font-size: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 900; letter-spacing: -2px; color: #dfcdc3; text-shadow: 2px 2px #5f6769;[/class] [class=paper]position: absolute; margin: 30px 0 0 75px; width: 250px; height: 340px; background-color: white;[/class] [class=subtitle]padding: 8px; height: 33px; width: 120px; background-color: #3c4245; position: absolute; z-index: 2; top: 45px; left: 132px; font-size: 25px; line-height: 30px; text-align: center; color: #719192; font-weight: bold; line-height: 30px;[/class] [class=textbox]position: absolute; top: 79px; left: 16px; width: 220px; height: 246px; overflow: hidden; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; line-height: 15px; padding-right: 5px; color: #3c4245;[/class] [class=scroll]width: calc(100% + 15px); height: 246px; overflow-y: scroll; padding-right: 15px; white-space: pre-line;[/class] [class=heading]font-size: 15px; font-weight: 700; color: #719192; display: inline; text-shadow: 2px 2px #dfcdc3;[/class] [class name=tab state=hover] color: #dfcdc3; font-size: 20px; transition: all .5s; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class name=homebutton state=hover] color: #dfcdc3; transition: all .5s; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [script class=tab1 on=click] hide tabsContent2 hide tabsContent3 hide tabsContent4 hide tabsContent5 fadeIn 1000 tabsContent1 addClass chosentab removeClass chosentab tab2 removeClass chosentab tab3 removeClass chosentab tab4 removeClass chosenhome homebutton[/script] [script class=tab2 on=click] hide tabsContent1 hide tabsContent3 hide tabsContent4 hide tabsContent5 addClass chosentab fadeIn 1000 tabsContent2 addClass chosentab removeClass chosentab tab1 removeClass chosentab tab3 removeClass chosentab tab4 removeClass chosenhome homebutton[/script] [script class=tab3 on=click] hide tabsContent1 hide tabsContent2 hide tabsContent4 hide tabsContent5 fadeIn 1000 tabsContent3 addClass chosentab removeClass chosentab tab1 removeClass chosentab tab2 removeClass chosentab tab4 removeClass chosenhome homebutton[/script] [script class=tab4 on=click] hide tabsContent1 hide tabsContent2 hide tabsContent3 hide tabsContent5 fadeIn 1000 tabsContent4 addClass chosentab removeClass chosentab tab1 removeClass chosentab tab2 removeClass chosentab tab3 removeClass chosenhome homebutton[/script] [script class=homebutton on=click] hide tabsContent1 hide tabsContent2 hide tabsContent3 hide tabsContent4 fadeIn 1000 tabsContent5 addClass chosenhome removeClass chosentab tab1 removeClass chosentab tab2 removeClass chosentab tab3 removeClass chosentab tab4[/script]
[div class=container][div class=leftborder][div class="homebutton chosenhome"]
[/div] [div class=main][div class="tabsContent tabsContent5"][div class=tape][/div]
[div class=title]BLACKHAVEN[/div][/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContent1" style="display: none;"][div class=subtitle]the plot[/div][div class=paper][div class=textbox][div class=scroll]"It was a good run guys. Five seasons… well frankly, I didn't expect it to run for so long. In any case, it was lovely to work with you all. There were some ups and downs but in the end, we made a pretty successful show and we made friends along the way. Thank you for these past four years and I wish you all luck in your future careers. To the cast of Blackhaven!" Blackhaven was a fond memory to others and a past long forgotten to some. It fueled the careers of some teenage actors trying to find their big break. Its fame has made it a classic teenage slice of life show that most teenagers had watched once - even if it was only a few episodes. Even if the show had declined in fame at the fifth season that called for its cancellation and abrupt ending, it lived on for some people to rewatch and introduce to the younger generation. Blackhaven covered themes that were usually avoided by certain directors and writers. Following the lives of people in different social cliques within school, there's always at least one episode that appealed to a certain demographic. Call it ambitious and risky, but they made it work. Hidden under comedic episodes were darker ones meant to send a message of hope and help to those who are watching. And perhaps that is what appealed to the audiences once upon a time. As the youth had said, it was relatable content even if the show had blown things out of proportion before for the sake of dramatics. The fifth season ended with a school shooting - a last call of awareness to the increasing amount of school shootings across the country. The episode did not pull back in any punches when it came to showing the aftermath, the horrors of what a school shooting can do to those involved. Though it was resolved when the school shooter was arrested and they showed glimpses of recovery of the students, they still made a point to reiterate the importance of having mental help readily available for everyone and a call for stricter gun laws to prevent such incidents from happening in the future. The finale was received with mixed reactions from the general populace but one that has left its mark in the industry. The actors and actresses who received both fame and infamy from the show had moved on. There were those who stayed in the acting industry, using Blackhaven and its success as their stepping stone to bigger roles. There were those who left the industry altogether, making Blackhaven their one hit single before disappearing off the face of the earth to pursue their passions and ideal careers. Some had kept in contact with their co-actors, forging strong bonds of friendship that would not be forgotten. And then there were some who left it altogether, acknowledging that they had acted with their previous co-actors but never really found the reason to reach out. “Dear sir or madam, You may not know who I am, but I do know that you have met my father, Riley Winfred who was the director for Blackhaven. The show has become a classic yet a relic of the past. However, I have wishes to continue my father’s legacy and relaunch Blackhaven - a reunion of sorts which would feature each character ten years after the finale. If you are interested in hearing about more, please message me back. Sincerely, Sam Winfred” Ten years after the finale, Director Sam Winfred, son of Blackhaven's original director Riley Winfred, had reached out to the various actors of Blackhaven. He expressed his wishes to continue the old series - a reunion of sorts. Appealing to its original teenage demographic that has now all entered adulthood, Sam wished to shift the attention to the everyday life of people’s favorite characters when they were older. He did not deviate from Blackhaven’s original purpose of showing themes other shows shy away from - but this time, for those in their adulthood. To whoever accepted Sam’s proposal, he started to coordinate with them to talk about the futures of their characters and possible themes each actor wanted to explore with their characters so that the writers may be able to incorporate these into the scripts and release it for their filming. However, Blackhaven’s cast was not free from drama and strife during the four years that they were all together. Friendships and relationships were made - but they were also broken. Everyone was young and foolish back then but everyone left those behind when Blackhaven ended. Would they be able to face these challenges again as old feelings are dredged up now that they are forced to work together again? However remember, each action has their own consequence. The world has their eyes on you - the returning actors and actresses of Blackhaven and the people are eager to find news about your daily lives. Learn to live in secret or broadcast every action to the world, each person has has their own way of dealing with the paparazzi. [/div][/div][/div][/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContent2" style="display: none;"][div class=subtitle]the rules[/div][div class=paper][div class=textbox][div class=scroll][div class=heading]#1[/div] RPN rules apply [div class=heading]#2[/div] Probably my most important rule that I want everyone to follow, please be nice to each other. No one likes a dickhead yall. If you're having problems with another player, shoot me a message and I'll try to solve the problem. [div class=heading]#3[/div] I'm not looking for everyday posting but I'm looking for at least one post every one to two weeks. I know life can be harsh but if there's two weeks of no activity both in IC and in OOC, I'll likely message you first and then shelf your character. [div class=heading]#4[/div] Good grammar would be appreciated. And each reply should be roughly around two paragraphs. If you're having trouble with posting, don't be afraid to approach me about it. [div class=heading]#5[/div] If you have read these rules, please make a writing sample. You can just link a post of yours. It's just for me to gauge how you write and the likes. If you see someone who hasn't read the rules and you want to vouch for them, please tell them to read the rules. [div class=heading]#6[/div] Relationship talk isn't just encouraged - it's practically required. These people have been within proximity with each other for four years and even if much didn't happen between Actors, the Show Characters would certainly have a few moments between them. [div class=heading]#7[/div] And of course, please do have fun! That's what roleplaying is about after all![/div][/div][/div][/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContent3" style="display: none;"][div class=subtitle]extra info[/div][div class=paper][div class=textbox][div class=scroll]Hello and welcome to Blackhaven everybody! The basic premise of this is that our characters are basically actors and actresses who have continued on with their lives after a pretty successful show… but now someone wants to reboot the show and you, maybe interested in tasting fame again or simply out of curiosity, decided to take the offer. In this RP, you would essentially be playing two characters: The Actor and The Show Character. Show Characters will have their own episodes with each other (discussed beforehand on how the episode’s flow is going to go). The Actors will have their own action behind the scenes - maybe you want them to vlog about their experiences backstage, maybe they want to relive their childhood days and prank people, or maybe they're just looking for a break and accidentally happened upon some problem. Drama in IC is highly encouraged - both inside the Show and outside the Show. Now you might be asking me, AI, why are there roles? And does it affect the Actors in any way? Well, there's a simple answer to that! It does not affect the Actor in any way, shape or form! The roles are simply there for the Show Characters to follow since it was your typical slice of life drama show that delves into a character's clique. And the role descriptions are just your character's backgrounds. These descriptions were an overview of who they were when they were in highschool, but it's been 10 years - you can develop them however you want. [/div][/div][/div][/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContent4" style="display: none;"][div class=subtitle]the roles[/div][div class=paper][div class=textbox][div class=scroll][Note: You can always send me a message if you want to play a role that isn't stated here. Just explain to me a basic gist of it and I'll see if it'll fit.] [div class=heading]Queen Bee[/div] [taken] The most popular girl in the entire school of Blackhaven High, she wins all the competitions regarding both popularity and beauty. She radiates an aura that commands respect and fear. [div class=heading]Beta Bitch[/div] [taken] The second most popular girl in the school, she follows around the Queen Bee like she's her lifeline. And maybe she is… or was. Though she bears no ill will towards the Queen Bee, sometimes, you have to do what you have to do to grab popularity. [div class=heading]The Prince[/div] Arguably the most handsome guy in the school, he's on par with the Queen Bee's social standing and is often paired up together with her. Though not necessarily a bad guy at heart, he has many lackeys under him. [div class=heading]The Jock[/div] [taken] Active in any and every sport known to the school, the athletic kid of Blackhaven has earned their fame through medals upon medals and perhaps even trophies of various school sports events. [div class=heading]The Newbie[/div] [taken] Moving to a new town is difficult enough, entering high school in a small town like Blackhaven with no prior background is practically a nightmare! And the Newbie is doing exactly that. In a school that has students knowing each other since they were kids, the Newbie must either hide herself from attention or rise to the top. [div class=heading]The Nerd[/div] [taken] Meek and bookish, the Nerd is skittish and tries to avoid all contact with the popular crowd. They simply want to drown themselves in books and other interests. They're well known for their smarts and is often bullied due to this. [div class=heading]The Rebel[/div] [taken] With no care for both the social ranks of the school and the consequences of doing whatever they want, the Rebel is a free spirit. Part of the druggie group of the school, they have their own issues to deal with. [div class=heading]The Dealer[/div] You need information? Drugs? Cheat sheets? A variety of other things? Well, say no more, the Dealer can practically hook you up with anything and everything. They're infamous within the school and has backup plans upon backup plans to make sure they don't get caught. [div class=heading]The Rumor Mill[/div] [taken] When they select you as a target, you should begin praying to whatever higher being is out there that they don't mean any harm. The Rumor Mill is Gossip Girl incarnate and almost everyone is following them on their social media. After all, all the juicy gossips comes from them. The Rumor Mill and the Dealer sometimes work together if need be. [div class=heading]The Artist[/div] With their head up in the clouds most of the time, the Artist is often mistaken to be high on the paint they use. Though not necessarily an outcast, they're mostly left alone to their own devices. A genius in their craft, the school holds their creations in high regard due to the medals they earn. [div class=heading]The Musician[/div] [taken] Regarded widely as a chill person, their fame lies mostly within the fact that they can break out into a song no matter what time or place they find themselves in, and encourage others to sing along. [div class=heading]The Loser[/div] The outcast of the school, they find themselves unable to join any social cliques. With little to no friends to back themselves up with, they're the number one choice for bullies. However, they can be seen sometimes hanging out with the Rebel. [/div][/div][/div][/div][/div] [div class=tabs]
[div class="tab tab1"]
[div class="tab tab2"][/div] [div class="tab tab3"][/div] [div class="tab tab4"][/div][/div][/div][/div]
coded by constellation constellation .
[/div]

"It was a good run guys. Five seasons… well frankly, I didn't expect it to run for so long. In any case, it was lovely to work with you all. There were some ups and downs but in the end, we made a pretty successful show and we made friends along the way. Thank you for these past four years and I wish you all luck in your future careers.

To the cast of Blackhaven!"

Blackhaven was a fond memory to others and a past long forgotten to some. It fueled the careers of some teenage actors trying to find their big break. Its fame has made it a classic teenage slice of life show that most teenagers had watched once - even if it was only a few episodes. Even if the show had declined in fame at the fifth season that called for its cancellation and abrupt ending, it lived on for some people to rewatch and introduce to the younger generation.

Blackhaven covered themes that were usually avoided by certain directors and writers. Following the lives of people in different social cliques within school, there's always at least one episode that appealed to a certain demographic. Call it ambitious and risky, but they made it work. Hidden under comedic episodes were darker ones meant to send a message of hope and help to those who are watching. And perhaps that is what appealed to the audiences once upon a time. As the youth had said, it was relatable content even if the show had blown things out of proportion before for the sake of dramatics.

The fifth season ended with a school shooting - a last call of awareness to the increasing amount of school shootings across the country. The episode did not pull back in any punches when it came to showing the aftermath, the horrors of what a school shooting can do to those involved. Though it was resolved when the school shooter was arrested and they showed glimpses of recovery of the students, they still made a point to reiterate the importance of having mental help readily available for everyone and a call for stricter gun laws to prevent such incidents from happening in the future.

The finale was received with mixed reactions from the general populace but one that has left its mark in the industry.

The actors and actresses who received both fame and infamy from the show had moved on. There were those who stayed in the acting industry, using Blackhaven and its success as their stepping stone to bigger roles. There were those who left the industry altogether, making Blackhaven their one hit single before disappearing off the face of the earth to pursue their passions and ideal careers. Some had kept in contact with their co-actors, forging strong bonds of friendship that would not be forgotten. And then there were some who left it altogether, acknowledging that they had acted with their previous co-actors but never really found the reason to reach out.

“Dear sir or madam,

You may not know who I am, but I do know that you have met my father, Riley Winfred who was the director for Blackhaven. The show has become a classic yet a relic of the past. However, I have wishes to continue my father’s legacy and relaunch Blackhaven - a reunion of sorts which would feature each character ten years after the finale. If you are interested in hearing about more, please message me back.

Sincerely,
Sam Winfred”

Ten years after the finale, Director Sam Winfred, son of Blackhaven's original director Riley Winfred, had reached out to the various actors of Blackhaven. He expressed his wishes to continue the old series - a reunion of sorts. Appealing to its original teenage demographic that has now all entered adulthood, Sam wished to shift the attention to the everyday life of people’s favorite characters when they were older. He did not deviate from Blackhaven’s original purpose of showing themes other shows shy away from - but this time, for those in their adulthood.

To whoever accepted Sam’s proposal, he started to coordinate with them to talk about the futures of their characters and possible themes each actor wanted to explore with their characters so that the writers may be able to incorporate these into the scripts and release it for their filming.

However, Blackhaven’s cast was not free from drama and strife during the four years that they were all together. Friendships and relationships were made - but they were also broken. Everyone was young and foolish back then but everyone left those behind when Blackhaven ended. Would they be able to face these challenges again as old feelings are dredged up now that they are forced to work together again?

However remember, each action has their own consequence. The world has their eyes on you - the returning actors and actresses of Blackhaven and the people are eager to find news about your daily lives. Learn to live in secret or broadcast every action to the world, each person has has their own way of dealing with the paparazzi.

-----

Roles:

[Note: You can always send me a message if you want to play a role that isn't stated here. Just explain to me a basic gist of it and I'll see if it'll fit.]

Queen Bee [taken] - The most popular girl in the entire school of Blackhaven High, she wins all the competitions regarding both popularity and beauty. She radiates an aura that commands respect and fear.

Beta Bitch [taken]- The second most popular girl in the school, she follows around the Queen Bee like she's her lifeline. And maybe she is… or was. Though she bears no illl will towards the Queen Bee, sometimes, you have to do what you have to do to grab popularity.

The Prince - Arguably the most handsome guy in the school, he's on par with the Queen Bee's social standing and is often paired up together with her. Though not necessarily a bad guy at heart, he has many lackeys under him.

The Jock [taken] - Active in any and every sport known to the school, the athletic kid of Blackhaven has earned their fame through medals upon medals and perhaps even trophies of various school sports events.

The Newbie [taken] - Moving to a new town is difficult enough, entering high school in a small town like Blackhaven with no prior background is practically a nightmare! And the Newbie is doing exactly that. In a school that has students knowing each other since they were kids, the Newbie must either hide herself from attention or rise to the top.

The Nerd [taken] - Meek and bookish, the Nerd is skittery and tries to avoid all contact with the popular crowd. They simply want to drown themselves in books and other interests. They're well known for their smarts and is often bullied due to this.

The Rebel [taken] - With no care for both the social ranks of the school and the consequences of doing whatever they want, the Rebel is a free spirit. Part of the druggie group of the school, they have their own issues to deal with.

The Dealer - You need information? Drugs? Cheat sheets? A variety of other things? Well, say no more, the Dealer can practically hook you up with anything and everything. They're infamous within the school and has backup plans upon backup plans to make sure they don't get caught.

The Rumor Mill [taken] - When they select you as a target, you should begin praying to whatever higher being is out there that they don't mean any harm. The Rumor Mill is Gossip Girl incarnate and almost everyone is following them on their social media. After all, all the juicy gossips comes from them. The Rumor Mill and the Dealer sometimes work together if need be.

The Artist - With their head up in the clouds most of the time, the Artist is often mistaken to be high on the paint they use. Though not necessarily an outcast, they're mostly left alone to their own devices. A genius in their craft, the school holds their creations in high regard due to the medals they earn.

The Musician [taken] - Regarded widely as a chill person, their fame lies mostly within the fact that they can break out into a song no matter what time or place they find themselves in, and encourage others to sing along.

The Loser - The outcast of the school, they find themselves unable to join any social cliques. With little to no friends to back themselves up with, they're the number one choice for bullies. However, they can be seen sometimes hanging out with the Rebel.

-----

Rules:

1) RPN rules apply

2) Probably my most important rule that I want everyone to follow, please be nice to each other. No one likes a dickhead yall. If you're having problems with another player, shoot me a message and I'll try to solve the problem.

3) I'm not looking for everyday posting but I'm looking for at least one post every one to two weeks. I know life can be harsh but if there's two weeks of no activity both in IC and in OOC, I'll likely message you first and then shelf your character.

4) Good grammar would be appreciated. And each reply should be roughly around two paragraphs. If you're having trouble with posting, don't be afraid to approach me about it.

5) If you have read these rules, please make a writing sample. You can just link a post of yours. It's just for me to gauge how you write and the likes. If you see someone who hasn't read the rules and you want to vouch for them, please tell them to read the rules.

6) Relationship talk isn't just encouraged - it's practically required. These people have been within proximity with each other for four years and even if much didn't happen between Actors, the Show Characters would certainly have a few moments between them.

7) And of course, please do have fun! That's what roleplaying is about after all!

-----

Hello and welcome to Blackhaven everybody!

The basic premise of this is that our characters are basically actors and actresses who have continued on with their lives after a pretty successful show… but now someone wants to reboot the show and you, maybe interested in tasting fame again or simply out of curiosity, decided to take the offer.

In this RP, you would essentially be playing two characters: The Actor and The Show Character. Show Characters will have their own episodes with each other (discussed beforehand on how the episode’s flow is going to go). The Actors will have their own action behind the scenes - maybe you want them to vlog about their experiences backstage, maybe they want to relive their childhood days and prank people, or maybe they're just looking for a break and accidentally happened upon some problem. Drama in IC is highly encouraged - both inside the Show and outside the Show.

Now you might be asking me, AI, why are there roles? And does it affect the Actors in any way? Well, there's a simple answer to that! It does not affect the Actor in any way, shape or form! The roles are simply there for the Show Characters to follow since it was your typical slice of life drama show that delves into a character's clique.

And the role descriptions are just your character's backgrounds. These descriptions were an overview of who they were when they were in highschool, but it's been 10 years - you can develop them however you want.

Last edited:
*Trumpet noise*
The great and utterly magnificent Dove has arrived. *T-poses to assert dominance* I therefore use my secret prowess to claim The Newbie and I also summon my peasantous knight Xanto Xanto !

Alright alright if any of yall want to join up, we're still very open

Here's the CS link:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back