• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom ♛ Blackfyre : A Game Of Thrones RP

Hypnos

L'Empereur
The Story
An unlikely alliance of traitors, scoundrels, bastards, pirates and sellswords managed the impossible. 280 years after the Conquest of Aegon Targaryen, the Blackfyre Alliance made war upon Westeros for the final time. Utilizing sellsword companies such as the Golden Company, Free City allies and other scruitable means, the Blackfyre dynasty impressed dubious vassals of the Targaryen Kingdom across the narrow sea and deals in the dark were made. During a turbulent Winter, where a storm of snow even reached Dorne’s edges at its peak, ships of grandeur scaled the waves bordering the Seven Kingdoms and made their intentions known once more.

The war, for the most part, was brief. Traitorous vassals holding key passes or withholding information, causing mobilization to move at a snail's pace, allowed the Blackfyre alliance to bolster its forces and run rampant. Several small battles between the Loyalist Forces and the Blackfyre Invaders took place, though only two or three amounted to any major victories, all for the Blackfyre forces. Managing to capture lords and their children, not to mention slay the then Targaryen King, House Blackfyre pacified several regions at breathtaking speeds.

Albeit, not all Houses were to change colors quickly. Minor campaigns to specific regions resulted in some bloodshed and captives taken, to ensure loyalties from the rulers of these lands, uniting the lands below the Neck bit by bit. The last truly free realm, the North, was now the sole target of the Blackfyre dynasty. Having housed the remaining Targaryen lineage, the demand for fealty was made. And the North held back, firm by the Targaryen’s as they refused to acknowledge the right of the Blackfyre rulers.

And so began the Twenty-Years War. The struggle between the forces under the Blackfyre Command and the Loyalists who fled North with the Targaryen’s and the Northern Houses’. Lands under the control of both forces switch hands often, nearly every year a new campaign by one side or the other is launched in order to bring about an end to the War. The Neck and Riverlands are particularly ravaged by this ongoing conflict, with the Stark forces just narrowly securing lands as far south as Seagard.

During the final hours of the previous campaigning season, the Blackfyre Heir was stricken dead by the Loyalist forces, leaving the South to stumble backwards, lick its wounds and access the damages taken. The aging King Naemidon Blackfyre now looks to his remaining children, unknowing who could replace his first born.

These children would all be from different major Houses - King Blackfyre taking no less than five wives at a single time (although the Heir was born before the invasion and thus to the first wife long in the past). A means of joining bloodlines and hopefully sending these children to fully subdue noble houses in the future, he now must make a decision to name one the new heir. Normal procedures would indicate the second born would be the successor, however a deep seated disdain not unknown to the royal court has made that automatic right null.

Seeking vengeance against the North and the Targaryens that hide there, the King makes the decree that whichever of his children may either;

1. Slay the remaining Targaryen’s and end this struggle.
  2. Bring peace to Westeros by ending the Northern resistance
Will be made his new heir, leaving a competition for their fathers affection to all his children.

Westeros
The Crownlands

After twenty years, King Naemidon I Blackfyre sits secure upon his throne, with only the North still posing a serious challenge to his reign. Such a lack of exterior threat has caused the Kingdom to look inwards for conflict, and the King’s children squabble amongst themselves to see who is worthy to take the mantle of heir to the Seven Kingdoms. In such a situation, it would be hoped that strong administration prevailed, but the King has filled his council with yes-men and lickspittles, many of whom are unqualified to hold their posts.
To the east, a grey plague has swept across the Narrow Sea, and the islands of Driftmark, Claw Isle, and even Dragonstone, the ancient seat of Princes have been left uninhabitable by grey scale and disease.
Interesting Houses:

• House Darklyn of Duskendale
  • House Celtigar of Claw Isle
  • House Rosby of Rosby
The North
Holding court in the only Kingdom still loyal to himself, King Aegon Targaryen and his ally Lord Walton Stark look southwards in hopes of eventually reclaiming the throne of House Targaryen and removing the Blackfyre usurpers. Having recently killed the heir to throne, Crown Prince Maekar Blackfyre new life has been breathed into the Targaryen cause, as conquests have been made as far south as Seagard in the Riverlands.
With many loyalist exiles fleeing from the South, Winterfell has become home to host of queer folk, including the Tullys of Riverrun, and the Velaryons of Driftmark, many of whom are not fond of Northern customs, and are instead eager to return home.
Interesting Houses:

• House Bolton of the Dreadfort
  • House Umber of the Last Hearth
  • House Karstark of Karhold
The Riverlands
Perhaps the most suffering of the Seven Kingdoms, the Riverlands have changed hands many times over the past twenty years, with their northern appendages still held hostage by the Starks of the North. When House Tully fled North in support of the Targaryens, it was the Butterwells who were given the reigns of the region, a reward for the Dragonslayer, Viserys Butterwell, who had personally slain the last true Targaryen King, whoever a House of former dairy farmers lacks the respect required to control such vast and unyielding land.
Whilst many Riverlords had fled North, a new generation of aristocracy were required to fill their place, and many former mercenaries of the Golden Company were landed in great and historial keeps across the region, leaving the culture of the Riverlands permanently changed.
Interesting Houses:

• House Bracken of Stone Hedge
  • House Lothston of Raventree Hall
  • House Piper of Pinkmaiden
Dorne
The first and most important of Naemidon Blackfyre’s supporters, Prince Mors Martell has reigned as Hand of the King for the past twenty years, with many questioning whether he is the most qualified for the job, or simply the only one willing to attempt it. With great risk comes great reward, and even two decades after the main conflict, the Martells still reap the prizes of their treachery, having been given administration of large swathes of the Reach, a position that Dornish lords often abuse in order to obtain wealth and personal prizes.
Interesting Houses:

• House Dayne of Starfall
  • House Fowler of Skyreach
  • House Uller of Hellholt
The Reach
Subjugated and occupied by Dorne for a war that was lost almost a generation prior, the Reach lies dissatisfied with the Blackfyre rule. Whilst several Houses such as Peake, Hightower and Osgrey were rewarded for their treachery against the Targaryens, their neighboring houses look on with jealousy, as the Dornish continue to bully them out of their wealth and influence.
House Tyrell itself is a shadow of what it once was, with its influence fading greatly, however the roses of Highgarden are not yet defeated, and as time goes on, they grow ever stronger.
Interesting Houses:

• House Osgrey of Coldmoat
  • House Redwyne of the Arbor
  • House Tarly of Horn Hill
The Westerlands
When House Targaryen was crushed beneath the Blackfyre boot, so too was House Lannister of Casterly Rock. After the death of the final true Targaryen King, his son and heir fled to Casterly Rock, looking for the protection of the Lannisters, which proved the downfall for both houses. When King Naemidon brought his wrath upon the West, Casterly Rock was caved in an buried, crushing those inside, and killing the Prince and his Lannister allies. Twenty years on, the Lannister of Lannisport have claimed the title of Warden of the West from their deceased cousins, though the copper lion does not shine as brightly as the gold, and many in the West, including the ambitious House Reyne look to dethrone these faux-Lannisters and place themselves at the helm.
Interesting Houses:

• House Reyne of Castamere
  • House Crakehall of Crakehall
  • House Brax of Hornvale
The Stormlands
Lord Durran Baratheon was quick to forsake his loyalty to the Red Dragon, and was handsomely rewarded when King Naemidon came to the throne. House Bratheon’s lands lay untouched by hardships, and their soldiers are strong and capable, looking westwards for newfound glory in the weakened Reach, or even the preoccupied Dorne.
Interesting Houses:

• House Dondarrion of Blackhaven
  • House Penrose of Parchments
  • House Caron of Nightsong
The Vale
With the recent death of Lord Roland Arryn, the future of the Vale is in question, with his young daughter taking the control of the Eyrie as the last of the Arryns. House Arryn supported neither the Red nor the Black Dragon during the second conquest, in favour of neutrality, and their loyalties are undecided, though such a poition could swiftly change.
Interesting Houses:

• House Corbray of Heatshome
  • House Grafton of Gulltown
  • House Waynwood of Ironoaks
The Iron Islands
Erich Greyjoy has remained the ultimate opportunist over the course of the last two decades, siding with both the Targaryens and the Blackfyres at various points, and refusing to confirm his loyalty to either one, instead playing both against each other to line his own pockets. Such strategy has been effective thus far in ensuring the strength of the Iron Islands, but when the cards fall, and one side comes out on top, where will the loyalty of House Greyjoy fall?
Interesting Houses:

• House Blacktyde of Blacktyde
  • House Drumm of Old Wyk
  • House Goodbrother of Hammerhorn
Epilogue
With the final season of Game of Throne in full swing, now seems like a perfect time to try out an RP set in the dark and dangerous world of Westeros. There’s already quite a few people interested, and spots taken up, and we have a fairly active little community, but we always welcome new faces. Character thread is already up for posting sheets, though it would probably be best to ask GM TheFool TheFool to see if the House you want is actively available.

Thanks for reading!

Fandom - ♛ Blackfyre : A Game Of Thrones RP - Character Sheets

it can't be a coincidence that just as my favorite show is ending (and hitting a disappointing lull at that) I find this rp; Interested!

Hello. I’m interested in joining you guys, but I was wondering what houses or roles might be available still?

We've got a lot of houses and places still available. Depending on what you'd like to play. I'd recommend House Osgrey, Redwyne or Tarly in The Reach. Crakehall in The Westerlands. Bolton in The North. Or a Stormlands house even - like Penrose or Dondarrion!

Hey I'm interested in joining if possible. If I'm allowed to join may I be a former mercenary of the Golden Company that was given land in the River lands?

Hey I'm interested in joining if possible. If I'm allowed to join may I be a former mercenary of the Golden Company that was given land in the River lands?

Hey man! Nice to see you're interested. That's totally possible yeah, we can give you one of the keeps and dispose of the house that owns it for you. For your services. 👀

Hey man! Nice to see you're interested. That's totally possible yeah, we can give you one of the keeps and dispose of the house that owns it for you. For your services. 👀
Thxs! Then I'll get right down to writing that cs. Also is Fairmarket an ok place to take over?

Silly question, but you're still accepting new faces? I'm not sure on what House I'd join up with yet (since it's so detailed and I love it!) but I definitely want to keep this RP in mind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back