• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom ♛ Blackfyre : A Game Of Thrones RP

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Loron Greyjoy

When Loron had been a boy, his father had wasted no time by coddling his son, throwing him upon the topdeck of a ship before he’d even said his first words, and shoving a sword in his hands before he could walk. Now that he was a man, Erich Greyjoy couldn’t help but treat him like a child. He was scorned, chastised, berated, mocked, here in the halls that his family had called home for a thousand years, by the man who had not once shown him a modicum of respect, of love, of compassion; his own father, an old brute who wanted nothing more than to make him suffer. Why did he keep playing these little games? Why did he keep falling for his father’s traps. He never should have come back here, he knew that now, the fact becoming more apparent with every word that poured out his father’s mouth. He should have gone to Lys with Mat, should have gone to King’s Landing, anywhere but this place, but like a dog ordered to heel, Erich Greyjoy called and his son dutifully answered.

His face went red. Was it rage he was feeling now? Embarrassment? His father had insinuated that he still wipe his son’s ass, but they both knew that Erich Greyjoy hadn’t the interest nor nerve to take an active part in properly raising or caring for a child. Such was thrall work, thrall’s like the one whom Lord Greyjoy had just tossed from the window of Pyke. ‘I was six’ he wanted to yell, when his father had lectured him on his lack of naval prowess twenty years past ‘a child!’ but he knew that such an excuse was wasted upon the man who had been born with an axe in one hand, and a far-eye in the other.

Loron opened his mouth, but for once, no words came out. Had he underestimated his father’s capability to orchestrate such a ploy or had he overestimated Lord Erich’s sanity. His father had always been the proverbial strongman, but he had least be somewhat measured, twenty years of peace for the Iron Islands, twenty years of security where Loron was free to do what he liked, but now his father intended to tear it in half. To tie Loron to the mast of his ship and sail headfirst into what could be his final voyage. A final voyage for them both.

‘I want no part in this, father.’ He made clear his point with a flick of the wrist that uncovered the sword upon his hip, an ornate piece too fine to have been made by any Ironborn smith, and a gift from a close friend. ‘You can get yourself killed in this folly. You can even take my brother, God knows I would be thankful to be rid of him, but I will not give my life so that you can paint your vanity red upon the Reach.’ Loron had many things that he wanted to live for. People, we wanted to live for.

‘If you did one honest thing in your life.’ Loron turned to his brother, ‘you’d tell father that this was folly.’ No response. As Loron had expected. Was he stupid, or was this just spite?

‘I’m leaving!’ Loron declared, storming out the room as he had done many times as a petulant child. Perhaps Lord Erich was right about him. Perhaps he was still moody little boy who needed to be punished and disciplined, to be reminded of his place, but Loron didn’t care. This was the last time he’d fall for his father’s tricks. This was the last time he’d come crawling back to Pyke.

Yarrow Yarrow

Prince Arlan Blackfyre

Satisfaction, that one word could explain what The Prince felt in that moment. Not even the protests of Aerion or his sister's sharp tongue could dampen the childish glee the petty act had brought him at that moment. The only answer she got would be the sly smirk plastered on his face. As his cousim talked sweet nonesense about keeping the calm, Arlan continued to sip his wine only awaiting the oncoming the rage of the King's Mistress. This day would hopefully be the day his father ended this charade. Banish the whore back to the God's Eye or even end her miserable existence once and for all. Blissfull thoughts, hopefull.

However it never came, instead The second queen downplayed the whole event. He had been played like a fidde, the seven damned strumpet had led him into humiliating himself infront of all the nobles in attendance. Worse yet, The King decided to speak for the first time in the whole feast. He didn't doubt that the words the King used were picked with care. flaunting the title 'prince' and naming the harlot his 'mother' of all things.

His eyes searched his father's, he could handle the rage, the anger but disappointment wasn't something he could take right now. He lowered his head. ''With pleasure your grace.'' as much as he wanted it not to the words were spoken with barelly contained rage. He stood up and with swift steps he went to fetch a bottle of wine, got a bottle off from one of the servants standing around with a mumbled ''You heard the king.''. inspecting the bottle, it seemed to be one imported from the Arbor.

As he approached the Princess, his violet eyes strared It wasn't her fault that her mother was the Queen of all the hags in Westeros. his demanour softened a bit, ''Wine for my sweet sister.'' pouring the contents of the bottle to the stained goblet to it's brim. "Go on, taste it."

ailurophile ailurophile
TheAncientCelt TheAncientCelt

Gormon Peake
250px-House_Peake.svg.png

Gormon sat alone in the garden of Starpike. It wasn’t really a garden, and it was nothing compared to Highgarden or Whitegrove, but it was better than inside. Gormon was all alone at Starpike, the main seat of their house. His brother was at Dunstonburry with his family, keeping the garrison well trained there. His children lived at Whitegrove, managing the businesses there. His son was in King’s Landing, attending the funeral of Maekar. And his wife was at Horn Hill, as she has been for the last ten years. After she left Starpike they had never spoken to each other again, they didn’t even write letters. But now he missed her. Their marriage had been very political, there was no love between them but now he missed her. He wondered how she was. The lord of Starpike let one of his servants bring his quill and some parchment. He was started to write a letter to her, asking if she would come back to Starpike.
When he was nearly done writing his letter a messenger came in.

“Lord, I have awful news, Lord Uller has been hanged at the Brightwater”

Gormon dropped his quill and an ink stain formed on the parchment

“By the bloody seven, does this woman want a war?” the Lord replied to the messenger “Get me my council and the Maester”

After half an hour everyone was gathered at the council room at Starpike. The fortress had a room with a big map of Westeros and a separate detailed map of the Reach. Four men stood around the map of the Reach. They all looked worried.

“This could mean war” one man said.

The two other men nodded in silence

“It is important that we are ready” Gormon Peake said finally

“We must be prepared to act. Maester, write a letter to my son in the Capital and Lord Tyrell with the news we heard. Tell them that an Uller was hanged at Brightwater Keep”

The Maester but one of the men interrupted the Lord

“But Gormon, the messenger said Lord Uller himself”

Gormon grinned

“This kind of news gets twisted easily. I know that Lord Uller is in Dorne right now, he will probably come to aid us but we have to wait for his message. I will ride to Dunstonburry with three quarters of our men. Dunstonburry is the closest to Brightwater Keep.”

Gormon knew perfectly well that he probably wasn't hanged at Brightwater Keep, maybe it was a village nearby, but this could be used in his advantage.
The other men nodded and left the room. They all knew what they had to do. The Maester wrote his letters and sent them with the Ravens to Highgarden and King’s Landing. Gormon looked out of the window. As soon as the sun would rise tomorrow they would ride to Dunstonburry. He had already forgotten about the letter he was writing.

mentions:
Elucid Elucid

Last edited:
[class=fyuri11wrapper] max-width:550px; height:500px; margin:auto; [/class] [class=fyuri11imagebox] width:100%; height:500px; background:url('https://i.pinimg.com/564x/4a/83/64/4a8364d024679fec787148e686b616ff.jpg') no-repeat; [/class] [class=fyuri11overlayparent] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; max-width:600px; height:500px; [/class] [class=fyuri11overlay] display: flex; width:500px; height:200px; margin:auto; background-color:rgba(0,0,0, 0.8); color:rgb(68, 4, 4); [/class] [class=fyuri11header] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; flex-flow: column nowrap; text-align:center; width:100%; font-family: 'Sigmar One', Impact; font-size:30px; color:#fff; [/class] [class=fyuri11parent] opacity:0.0; position:relative; margin-top:-500px; width:100%; height:500px; background:#000; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class name=fyuri11parent state=hover] opacity:1.0; width:calc(100% - 20px); height:480px; background:rgb(8, 35, 0); padding:10px; [/class] [class=fyuri11content] width:calc (100% - 20px); height:460px; background-color:#fff; overflow:auto; padding:10px; text-align:justify; color:#313131; [/class] [class=fyuri11credit] max-width:400px; margin:auto; opacity:0.3; font-size:10px; [/class] [class=textbox] margin:auto;center; background:white; opacity:0.9; width:80%; [/class]
[div class=fyuri11wrapper][div class=fyuri11imagebox][div class=fyuri11overlayparent][div class=fyuri11overlay][div class=fyuri11header]Ser Tristan Tyrell
Act I: Come out ye black and tans!
[/div]

[/div][/div][/div][div class=fyuri11parent][div class=fyuri11content]
[div class=textbox][/div]

Starpike

The air felt heavy around him, it had a sweet scent to it; something he couldn't quite place, was it the dandelions? The freshly plucked peaches? Mayhaps, it came from those scented candles old Felton was so excited about? Was it the sent of death?
The corridors all looked the same, was he even sure where he was going?
He could hear them coming for him, the footsteps, they were getting louder. He couldn't let them catch him, his work wasn't done, it wasn't supposed to happen this way. It wasn't...they'd promised him more time.
That bastard had got him good, the blade went right above his hip. It didn't hurt much though, at least not anymore.
He needed to get to his room, to the door, his door... he was so close.
Was this it? Was he here? Did he make it? It looked different somehow, was it always so hard to open?
He'd shut the door just as quickly as he'd come in, barricading it with whatever furniture was lying around the place, which wasn't a lot, he didn't make much and most of what he did make he'd spent at the local whorehouse; a life wasted in sin, the stranger would surely take no pity. But...the mother, they say she is merciful, perhaps a final good will spare him.
He needed to get to the bed, a bed of roses, fitting place for a sinner to die.
It was getting darker.
There's a loud thud on the door, followed by another, they promised it'd be quick. The blade scarred his wrists, it was sharp but bearable, the blood was hot as it ran down his fingers, slowly dripping onto the rosebed.
It was getting darker.
There was another thud, it wouldn't be long now. He'd have liked to taste a fireplum before he went, father had brought one for them once, it had been a good day.

Maester Helliweg had not seen so much death since the war, and even then, there was some honor to it. This, this was murder, no matter what the cause, nothing could justify this.
"What news Maester, will they survive?" bellowed the captain of the guard, as he hobbled down the final set of stairs to the Maester's chambers. A burly man with graying hair, the commander had seen much war with many of the same men that now lay dead or dying at the keep, his eyes a deep hazel were unable to hide his concern and indeed, fear.
The break in the silence took the master by surprise, taking a moment to compose himself, he replied "I have done what I can, some I am hopeful will survive but the rest, their fate lies in the hands of the gods".
"What could've done this? how could this have happened?" asked the old man, bewildered, they weren't fighting a war. Yes, a few Dornishmen had been murdered, but no one would be mad enough attack a noble house in their own castle.
"That boy you found, he'd poisoned the castle well, no common poison too the cur used Manticore venom." stopping a moment, to lead the commander to another table housing a number of vials colored in different hues of black, blue and purple he continued, "That's not all, he had on him two vials of the Tears of Lys, one of the handmaidens died from the very same poison. There's no doubt in my mind that this was especially intended to be used on the Lord of this household. If not for your man, who knows, he might even have been successful."
"How many?",'began the captain ,"how many dead?"
"Last I counted, there'd been twenty men at arms dead and two for whom there's hope still, that is not to mention the number of deaths in the servants quarter; cooks,chamber maids and the like, I'd wager they number in the dozens." pausing again, perhaps for effect the Maester went on "Sadly, there's more, they found this in the boy's chamber. Terrible affair that." Maester Helliweg handed over a slip of parchment, with the drawing of a rose at the bottom acting as some sort of signature.

Lord Peake's head's on a Starpike
his family's buried under Dustonburry
The White Knights keep hearth at Whitegrove
come along ye and make merry

[/div]
[/div]
[/div]
[div class=fyuri11credit]code/design by @Fyuri[/div]

Robert Reyne

Lord of Castamere

Approximately 2 months earlier - Castamere

The sounds of footsteps echoed down the cavernous hallway, the torches threw shadows down the length of the corridor, twisting hands and fingers, almost seeming to grasp at the figure who hurried along his way, snapping at his heels as if to belay his journey. Outside it was a clear day, the sun shining down upon the Westerlands, the craggy terrain more alive than ever in the fine weather. Down here in the depths however the sunlight was absent; it had been a mine once, carved into the earth to extract the prizes within, gold and silver. The tunnels had deepened however, further and further into the veins of precious minerals, leaving the warren like network above. Most of the times such mineshafts were simply abandoned, boarded up or filled in. Not in this case, however. It was not known which Reyne had the idea to utilise them, lost to history no doubt, however his mark had been left behind. From above Castamere resembled little more than the castle of a minor lord or landed night, a keep guarded by a curtainwall with a small number of additional towers and buildings, unimpressive compared to many of noble seats across the Land, the dizzying heights of the Eyrie, or the imposing nature of Casterly Rock. Appearances were deceiving however, only a scant tenth of the castle lay above the ground; this long-abandoned warren of mines were expanded into, halls, galleries, armouries, stores, bedchambers, even a vast underground ballroom were crammed within this labyrinth below the surface. Even if one was to take the surface, to fight through the defenders here would be near impossible. It was down one such corridor that the figure moved with haste, his black robes pulled tight against him, and the loops of chain around his neck clinking, the hallways throwing back the noise. He came to a halt before a iron studded door, clearing his throat and rapping his knuckles against the door, the short sharp noise ringing down the silent corridor. A few moments of silence passed as the echoes died, the Maester tightening the grip on the scroll grasped within his left hand.

“Enter,”

The voice emanated from behind the door, even slightly muffled, the air of authority could be heard even in this singular command. The Maester swung the door open, the room on the other side was well lit, numerous torches burning in braziers placed equidistance around the room. The room itself was lavishly furnished, a combination of dark mahogany wood and crimson trimmings, from the rug on the stone tiled floor, to the heraldic banners on the wall, the crimson lions of House Reyne present even here in the depths. The Maester came to a halt before the desk, sinking his head in a bow, the desk itself was occupied. The man behind it was quite youthful, no older than his mid-twenties, his close-cropped hair and beard framing his features, a thick neck and high cheekbones, the dark brown eyes flicking over the papers that lay before him. Despite his youth, there were already the beginnings of frown lines being ingrained upon his forehead. He looked up briefly from the work before him, his eyes flicking over the Maester, a rather disconcerting action, like a hawk examining a rabbit that it had come across.

“Maester Merrin, I see you come bearing a message,”

It was not a question, merely a statement of what he saw before him, his eyes resting on the scroll held before him. Merrin had served House Reyne for some 15 years now, pleasantries were both unnecessary and unwelcome most of the time, and simply handed the message over. It has arrived only a few minutes ago by Raven, dark wings carrying dark words, a common theme over the previous months of the campaign against the Targareyn held North, there had rarely been positive news arriving south, Lord Reyne had only just returned, the campaigning season having come to an end, thankfully unscathed of any serious injuries beyond bruising and knocks. The same could not be said about the subject of the message. Robert’s eyes flicked over the scroll, his face remaining stoic and solemn.

“So the rumours were true, Maekar is indeed dead,”

He muttered to himself, in the chaos of the final days word had spread like wildfire of the death of the Prince, the chaos of battle often contained such rumours, the deaths of hundreds of Lords, even Kings and Princes, it was only in the light of the aftermath that the truth could be dissected, hearsay and rumour left by the wayside, whilst bodies identified by grieving families revealed more haunting truths. A funeral summons, nothing more could really confirm the state of affairs, the heir was dead, the funeral was arranged, and it left more questions than answers, who would succeed him as heir, would this give the Targareyns fresh incentives to strike whilst the Blackfyres were reeling. The repercussions could be severe. Personally, Robert did not know Prince Maekar, beyond formalities, they were not drinking companions or stalwart friends, all that mattered to him was how his death left the lie of the land. Things were unstable enough as it was, especially in the Westerlands. The false Lannister’s reign of the Westerlands was bolstered by one of their own being married to the King, any issues of stability to Blackfyres would surely echo to those houses whose positions of power were directly tied to their strong and stable rule. Perhaps now was the time to begin ramping up the rumblings in the Westerlands, these Lannisters of Lannisport were but merchants mascaraing behind the name of their more prestigious cousins, before true power they would cower, and they would dither, appearing weaker and weaker. He looked up from the message.

“Of course, I shall attend the King’s summons, begin making the necessary preparations, accommodation, provisions for the journey, and an honour guard. The right sort of projection will be required for an event such as this,”

The Maester bowed his head and turned to leave, as he began to close the door, Robert spoke up once more.

“And send for Castellan Doggett, I would urgently have his ear before the journey to King’s Landing is begun,”

With this final note, and Robert looking back to the papers before him, the Maester left the room. A show of force was required, whilst he was in the Crownlands he would remind the pretenders of Lannisport that House Reyne is no mere vassal house, cowering below bronze lions, the golden lions are dead, and the red lion shall prevail. After a few minutes there was another rap at the door, this time the person came in after a moment’s pause, he had been summoned after all. The burly figure of Castellan Doggett, a very minor member of the already minor House Doggett he had managed to strike proverbial gold, entering Robert’s father’s service, a veteran of the Blackfyre reclamation of the Iron Throne. Robert had retained his service, the man was efficient, and loyal in his service, as well as that he had yet to fail Robert. He dipped his balding head head in a bow, his once red locks having been in firm retreat for some years now, resulting in a sea of grey surrounding the now fully bald peak.

“ I shall be departing for King’s Landing, the funeral of the King’s son and heir Maekar, I expect the news to be quite well spread very shortly. In my absence you are to protect the land in my absence and secondly you are to raise a 500 men from our levies, preferably those who were recycled out of the campaign and are better rested. This will most likely result in a stir in the Westerlands, but let them know it is on my orders, and they have been raised in accordance with maintaining the security of our borders. I want them amassed to the South, they are to remain within the confines of our Land, no further, but keep them there until I am back,”

The Castellan dipped his head in a bow and left, it was all he was going to get from his Lord, any questions would simply have been met with disapproval and silence. Robert trusted the man of course, there was no question, but for now he simply knew as much as he needed to follow his orders, no more was needed. In his departure a show of strength was needed, amassing manpower on the border of his land closest to Lannisport was a sure fire way to get their attention, and that is what he wanted. A reminder to these Lannisters that their position of power not only lies with the King’s support, but also the support and obedience of their vassals. A very delicate thing indeed, as the Targareyn’s themselves found out only some 20 years ago, like a house of cards it only takes one or two to wobble, and then the whole thing comes crashing down. The raising, and placement of his men would surely create a stir, and that is precisely what he wanted. But for now he banished the thoughts from his mind, there was a funeral to plan for.

The Present – The Red Keep

Robert nursed the goblet in his hand, half empty now, a rather pleasant Arbor Red, but the taste bored him now. The funeral had been long and quite tiresome by the end, rituals and speeches going on for far longer than he believed was necessary, and the golden skull sitting at the base of the throne, truly garish. But then again as the Septons had preached, the Valyrians were different from Westerosi, even ones as high born as Roger, mixed with the blood of the dragon, impervious to disease, special in the eyes of the seven… a brief but cold grin glanced over his features. That had quickly been put to bed, The Dance of Dragons, this Civil War, like any other mortal man they lived and they died, gloriously and in ignominy, the only tangible real thing about them was their power, and right now that lay with the Blackfyres, his father had seen the writing on the wall, even if the Lannisters had failed to, that's why they are dead and House Reyne still thrives today.

That's why he was here, be seen to be a loyal vassal to the crown above all else, make your platitudes and apologies for their loss, shed the tear, remind them that you are a king's man first, before anyone else, much easier to stomach when they wake up to find a new Lord of the Westerlands. Another smile ghosted his features, taking a sip of wine, with such pleasant thoughts as these the taste of the wine really was improving by the mouthful.

Domeric Stark
Traitor

He sat.
Scrubbing his trouser with a woman’s handkerchief. “I am very sorry about this.” He apologised to her as he continued to rub. The caked brown mud but barely leaving his pant with each and every wipe.
“It is alright, do not fret!” She replied in a rousing manner.
He could tell that she was watching him as he rubbed -
“I don’t want to look like… well… an idiot in front of them all.”
“Of course not.”
He rubbed and rubbed.
The stain did not cease. He let out a groan and handed the cloth back to the woman. It was browner than a bowl of meat gruel. His stomach rumbled. I am so starved.
“I like your eyes.” She said.
Oh.
He shifted uncomfortably. “Um, thank you very much.”
“You’re welcome.” The woman smiling brightly. He towered her even as he sat. She had a pretty face with coppery hair. Domeric blinked. He admired her dress. It seemed like it was made out of a silver silk - and was patterned with painted daisies.
“I like… your flowers.” Domeric said.
“My what?”
“Your flowers. The ones on, um, your dress.”
The girl maintained a blank expression until she realised what he meant. “Oh. Thank you.”
Domeric nodded at her before scratching the back of his neck. Gods help me. He stood up and gave her a quick bow. Telling her how it was a pleasure and that he really could not thank her enough for the handkerchief supplied.
“But -”
“It has been nice but I must be off.”
He shuffled away. Down a winding red corridor, lit up by faint torch light. He passed an archway that led into an outside area. A garden. He stopped, looking at its scenery. Plants with coloured petals. Flowers. Like the one on the lady’s dress.
That gave him a thought.

Domeric entered the great hall with one hand behind his back. As soon as the doors shut behind him - stares gathered. As did whispers. He tried to look oblivious to it. His maester always said he was good at that. Looking oblivious. He wasn’t sure if it was working however.
He gulped.
Strolling down the middle of the room. Passing chairs and tables and food. Glorious food. Guests chatted in calm manner. It was a lively enough fair for a funeral. Definitely not as dreary as the ones in The North. He spotted the head table.
The one with the King.
The true King.
He gulped, again. Continuing forward. His chest puffed out as if it would make him look manlier. Better. Braver.

“There he is.”

He heard a quiet voice.
Followed by many mores. Some not as hushed as the first.

“The one who was responsible for our victory at Oldstones?”
“Lord Walton’s only son.”
“In the south?”
“I heard he stole his father’s Valyrian steel sword and ran.”
“Isn’t he the one who can do the magic tricks?”
“No, grandfather.”
“He looks funny.”
“I cannot believe his grace has allowed him to stay here.”
“That’s him.”
“The traitor.”

He continued to walk.
Trying his best to ignore all of the words. When he got to the top of the room. He knelt. Hand still behind his back. It looked as if he had interrupted something important -
But he did not care.
Domeric Stark had to pay his respects.
“Your grace.” He began,
“I am sorry for my tardiness. I… wish I had gotten here sooner. I wish I had been able to attend the ceremony. Your son was a good man. A great man. The realm will miss him.”
It wasn’t the most eloquent thing to come out of someone’s mouth but Domeric tried his best. He always did. He lingered in his kneel -
For a little longer at the least. Before he deemed it right to stand. It was then that he put out the hand that had been hiding behind him.
“These are for your daughter, your grace.” He said as he held out a small bundle of picked daisies. Yellow ones and white ones and pink ones too. He wanted to give them to the princess herself but he did not want to look exactly at her.
For if he did, he would begin to sweat out of nervousness.
Gods help me now.

Vaegor Blackfyre
Prince of the Blackfyre Line

If there was one thing more depressing then a funeral then that thing was a funeral with his family involved. Originally it had almost gone as well as could be expected. Somber, if high paced preparations had taken place all over the castle for the procession and funeral as the city worked around the clock to welcome back its prince. Only this time instead of a triumphant returned they welcomed a shrouded body. When he had heard about it he hadn't quite believed it. Maeker, his brother who he had looked up to, the man who he had been ready to follow as his king, the man he in many ways had inspired to be... Was dead. Even as his skull was raised into the sky he still didn't know if he believed it. Perhaps it was someone else's skull now tipped in gold and raised into the sky. But what had made him have to face the reality of the situation entirely was the feast. Family dinners were not uncommon for the Blackfyres and rarely the most comfortable kind of events and now with everyone here drinking and feasting around him he had more than once made a glance around the table only to feel a pang in his chest. Maeker was not here, and he would never be here again.

Such a fact made it easier to drink away his thoughts as he sat malcontent at the main table ignoring basically everyone around him. Some of his siblings were chatting between each other in minor ways but much of the high table was quiet as their father drowned in his grief. At least much of the rest of the feast hall had some activity as people drank and whispered and talked about Maeker and many other unrelated things and attempted to lighten up the dreary nature of this event. Farther down the hall he saw his friend Rodrick talking animatingly to two older men at arms and a knight, likely describing some battle of some sort either on the field or in the bedroom. Rodrick seemed to notice that he had been looking at him and turned to him in his story and for the second his animated facial expressions softened a bit into a look of concern he could see even across much of the crowded room as he paused. Vaegor waved his hand dismissively and after a moment Greyjoy went back to his story as if he had never stopped, regalling people in his tales as he often did. Vaegor did not want to force him to join him in his misery as he down yet another of the one to many drafts of wine he had taken in the last few hours.

For a while, he was content to mellow in silence as he quietly contemplated all that had to lead them to this point till like an annoying gnat a voice reached his ear. As he often did the one he had positioned himself close too was Vaella to take some soft and solace in that. But of course, with his sweet sister came her rather terrible mother. Usually, he could manage to keep civil, and even respect some of the losses the Targaryen queen had suffered but today her voice grated on his ears like a fly buzzing around a horses head. He kept himself down and tried to ignore it as he stared at his drink which red as blood as he imagined which it might be like to stab his sword through this hateful woman's belly and finally end her misery that she seemed to hold so dear to. The past could not be changed, looking at their current situation told that as well as everything else. Yet this woman could not drag herself out of the past and her voice echoing in his ear made him grip his cup so forcibly he could almost feel the ligaments of his fingers flaring in pain.

If Arlan had not thrown something at the deluded woman he might have done so himself though he almost wanted to smile even as Vaella stood in rage. He was never quite fond of Arlan but at this moment he could have hugged his brother. Then for the first time in quite awhile his father spoke. He ordered him to clean up and defended the woman and now Vaegor was certain he hadn't heard to decided to ignore her ramblings. It was then he decided to speak. "I'm all for punishing Arlan for his misbehavior but if were reminding those who have forgotten things of their place perhaps we should remind one of dearest queens of where to hold her tongue. A funeral is not a place to praise a Targaryen king and proclaiming my father a sham. Arlan should be reprimanded for his actions but I do not blame him for losing a grip on his food when one shows shocking levels of inability to hold their tongues." He said cooly, his voice coming across even more icy and cold as the drink and grief had worn away his usual barrier of courtesy making his voice rather harsh in his anger.

Princess Vaella Blackfyre
She couldn't help but feel smug as their father berated Arlan and not her, not even her mother. For a moment, it was a tiny victory in a sea of defeats, and Vaella's rage-induced flush turned to a pink glow of pride. After so many years of failing to impress her father, it was nice that just once, he almost seemed to take her side. Even if it was only for appearances. It irritated her, however, that the one person she had expected to come to her aid did not. So irritated was she by this miniature betrayal, that she didn't even look towards him when she chastised him.

"Vaegor, darling. We've already moved on. Father's word is final. Don't be a drama queen."

Vaella watched, an exaggeratedly pleasant smile carved into her pretty face, as her brother refilled her cup for her. This smile slipped into a one with a more genuine warmth when she noticed Arlan's softened features.

Her fingers curled around the cup and she laughed as she raised it to her lips. Eyes locked with Arlan's, she arched an eyebrow. It was impossible to tell whether this was a tense moment, the beckon of a challenge, or whether the two siblings had silently made up and were now fooling around, ignoring their father's impatience. Both scenarios were equally likely.

And suddenly, she was draining her cup in no more than four over-indulgent gulps.
Vaella wiped a trickle of red liquid from her lip and smiled triumphantly.
"I'm out again, dear brother."

This didn't seem enough for her, however, as with that same smile, she reached out again. This time, to gently prise the wine bottle itself from her brother's fingers.
Raised it to her lips.
Naturally, just four more gulps didn't suffice, but she seemed determined to succeed in whatever wild little plan she'd set herself. She ignored the taste she was not accustomed to, ignored her reflex to stop drinking, ignored a drop of wine which rolled down her face, her neck, and disappeared into her cleavage. Like a suckling lamb, her lips stayed wrapped around the bottle until she'd drained every last drop.

Then, as though it had been perfectly natural, she held the empty bottle out to Arlan. As childish as she had been, she seemed incredibly pleased with herself, and despite their little spat she hoped he'd find it amusing too. Although she did feel a little lightheaded.
"There. I saved you the trouble of refilling my cup again."

Before she could offer Arlan a quip to show she'd already calmed down, her attention was stolen by a much newer figure. At first, she stayed quiet, nodding along solemnly as Domeric paid his respects to her father and late brother. But when he rose, and held out the flowers he had picked, picked for her, the little girl who'd fallen in love with Gerion Lannister when he'd danced with her once, with a merchant because he told her her eyes looked like a jewel she couldn't pronounce the name of, with a cupbearer who had once smiled at her, leapt out.

"For me?" Eagerly, she leant across the table in the most awkward of ways. In fact, her feet were barely touching the floor. Eyes bright in the light of the hall, beaming, she did not give her father time to respond to the poor man and instead beckoned him hurriedly. "Oh, that's so lovely. Daisies are my favourite! You simply must have some wine with us. My lord, your trousers are lovely, you must tell me who made them! Try the food, it's divine."

Perhaps the embarrassment from before had ended, but it appeared that Vaella and her wine consumption were prepared to have a little more fun.

Akio Akio High Moon High Moon TheFool TheFool

Naemidon Blackfyre
Indolent

‘My children.’ Naemidon growled in silence as he watched Arlan Blackfyre pour wine for his sister, disregarding have of his king’s demands when it came to apologizing. He would’ve spoken up, had the incident ended at that, but the Blackfyre King felt his ire grow when Princess Vaella acted very much like some Tyroshi peasant. In three - or four?- large gulps, her goblet was drained. At the insistence of more (and when had his daughter grown into wine lover? A concern to investigate another time.), Vaella stole the bottle from her younger brother and proceeded to replicate the previous “accomplishment”.

‘On display to the court and crowds, my sole daughter slurping on that neck as if it were a cock that spouted gold.’ Sloppily, crimson tears fell down her chin, trickling beneath the dress and into her small clothes. His jaw clenched at girl’s remarkably masculine behavior. His eyes were narrow, dangerous slits focused on the spawn of that Targaryen wife of his. ‘No doubt, this is her doing.’ It was cruel enough for Daenys to manufacture, inspiring vulgar displays in their child in order to further humiliate him. If Arlan’s angst were an annoyance, his daughter’s nearly caused the king to bark out obscenities from his throat. Reserved, he remained, if only for appearances. Leveling his glare from the princess to his queen, he showed her the first hints of displeasure in her being in months.

Even Vaegor’s abrupt dismay at who received Naemidon’s scorn was washed away. At least for the moment. ‘Not even at a funeral can these louts operate in a fashion befitting royalty.’ Was it so hard? Naemidon managed to act regal, aloof and imperturbable in the face of many unexpected actions and demeaning criticisms. And he was not but the son of a sellsword, born halfway across the world. Yet, in the lap of luxury, with fine mothers of noble stock that stretched back further than House Blackfyre itself, they were unable to grasp the concept of reserved dignity.

‘Indignant, spoiled juveniles.’ He was thankful for two children. Aerion and Daemon were quiet and respectfully mourning Maekar. Even if Pyke spoke out earlier, it was to keep the peace. Aerion, as expected of the placid prince, gazed on with worry but understood his involvement would not contribute anything. ‘It should be no surprise that Malora is the best among my living wives.’ Not that competition was particularly close. But she handled and raised Aerion better than the others could dream of, with their own Blackfyre babes.

Once the mourning was complete, and the many lords of Westeros scampered back to their modest halls, Naemidon would reintroduce his children to the proper attitudes adopted by royalty and when it’s acceptable to forego a royal composure.

The Blackfyre’s broodings were cut short when the approaching mass of the Northern traitor caught his attention. The scowl plastered over his face was replaced with a wretched mask of certainty, the sharpness of his slitted eyes focused entirely on the Betrayer. Words. Meaningless and empty, poured from his lips as he knelt before Naemidon and then addressed Vaella - albeit indirectly, causing a stifling chuckle from the Blackfyre as he revealed the bundle of flowers.

‘A sweet gesture.’ One that Vaella certainly didn’t deserve. If Domeric was vying at the hand of his daughter, he’d be better off looking else where.

“It is a pleasure to finally have you with us, Lord Stark.” The King’s voice carried hints of mirth, smothered by the irate nature of the last few minutes however. Pulling himself from thinking of his children - an all too easy task, truthfully - Naemidon urged Domeric to rise. His eyes pulled momentarily to his daughter, who leaned heavily across the table. Stretching his right hand over, he gave the girl a heavy pat on her elongated back. A simple signal fall back into her seat. “Never had it crossed my mind that Northerners were romantically inclined. I had it believed that you merely took women you were interested in, and that it was their duty to struggle if they so wished for another.”

A clicking of his tongue and a curled lip, mayhaps mistaken for a smile on any other man, and Blackfyre spoke again. “You’ve entrapped my daughters attention with this gift. Seat yourself between us,” He made the quick demand, eyeing the servant girls who were only now cleaning the spilt wine from minutes earlier. One rose and was off to find a spare seat. Another guest, Naemidon would be quick to dismiss this offer and send them back to their proper place. Domeric Stark, traitor to the North and heir of Winterfell, however? Being seen with the youth would help cement his place as an ally, and dishearten any bleeding hearts to the Targaryen cause. ‘If even the rightful heir to the North sees their plight as hopeless, why would they risk family and land for Breakoath’s boy?’ Now, a genuine smile crept on his features. Stark was a blessing, although not an even trade for Maekar, he had no doubts about the reception the North received when news of his defection came.

Humored with the boy - more Naemidon’s own internal dialogue than anything Domeric had done - he spoke with greater familiarity. “You’ve torn the parchment now, however. Once addressed personally, all manner of lords will seek my attention and approach their king. The least you can do is suffer their indulgences with me.”

“Call me Captain!”
- Gregor Manderly

All the North mourned and cried. Bitter tears running down nubile maiden’s faces and stark expressions on the mighty Northern warriors. Greybeards were saddened at the loss of a friend, whereas the young found it disheartening to see such a significant figure in the Loyalist cause burning down the river.

Captain Manderly shared none of these sentiments.

Two young men, neither of which likely saw battle yet, held Manderly by his shoulders as a stream of urine struck the water as the burning corpse of Otto Tully passed by. “And you be enjoyin’ that final drink, Lord Tully!” He hollered, an off putting chuckle caught in his throat as he pushed his cock back in his trousers.

The youths seemed uncomfortable with the action, but did not retreat from Manderly. “Hand me that there staff.” He declared.

“Yes m’lord.” One, a brown haired ferret faced bastard hummed.

“Cap’n.” He corrected, to the confusion of the two young men. “Call me Cap’n, ye’ green eared boy lovers.” He barked, his visage one of controlled amusement and faux anger. Obediently, they handed off the walking staff to their “Captain”, relinquishing their hold on the large man. Grasping the familiar wood in his hands, Manderly pushed the bulk of his weight down on it, he a mighty stone tower relying on the aged foundations to keep him going. The staff was hand crafted and glistening with a waxy coat. Nearly six feet tall, with depictions of mermaids and the sea, broken up only by carved bands near the top of the walking aid. At the top, the wood narrowed into a single carving, a beautiful siren of the sea - his daughter, he often proclaimed to those who inquired. It did no justice to Gillaine’s true beauty, but Manderly was enamored with the wooden statue nonetheless.

Dutifully, the two boys - for he doubted either bed a woman yet - followed “Captain” Manderly as he stepped through the uneven, muddy banks and back towards the bulk of the funeral party.

“Mi-My Captain.” Voiced a ginger, dumber looking than an Ironborn of kraken blood. “You pissed in the river.” He stated the fact more as a question.

“Aye.” Manderly agreed. “A long, yellow stream.”

“Tis disrespectful.” Muttered the ferret-boy.

“Aye.” Repeated the dumb ginger. “They say the Gods curse those nay above all others, who disturb the dead.”

“You be concernin’ yerselves with why a noble lord such as myself did such a disrespectful thing, to such a respectful lord, are ye’?” A crooked smile, Gregor did not balk from the unasked question. A nod of their heads, and he pressed forward. “Boys,” He began, lingering on the word, drawing it out as one would the taste of a fine wine, or savoring a woman’s touch. “Paramount of the Trident, down yonder sippin’ on my ale, has done the unspeakable ta’ me in the past.” Gregor spoke and wagged his staff, only now stopping his movement to explain himself.

“Lord Tully robbed you of your legs, milord?” The confused, dumb ginger gasped.

“What? How in the Seven Hells of the New Gods and the eight thousand, nameless and countless Old Gods, did ya get that? And it’s Captain, ye’ cock gobblin’ snark.” The Lord of White Harbor growled. “Nay, a thousand nays, ye’ dumb bastards. Maegor Butterwell crippled me, not Out the window Otto.”

Confused and bewildered, the boys paused and glanced at one another. Manderly wasted no more seconds, finding solid grass and pulling himself up onto it, finally free of the muddy banks. “Captain. . Then what did Lord Otto do?”

“Well, it be obvious, to those who think and see.” Approaching a fine group of lovely, crying ladies, Gregor Manderly bowed politely. “Ye’ heard the tales of me, boys?”

“Aye.” The ginger once more spoke for ferret. “They say you were Blackheart Butterwell’s prisoner for eight moons. Tortured, with a hundred other Northerners.” Despite the horror he described, the ginger sounded prideful of the fact for Captain Manderly. “They say you murdered a dozen traitors in the South and escaped, carrying ten dying friends on your back, whence Blackheart err’d and left you but a coin to mold a weapon with.”

“Idiot.” Ferret recoiled. “It was two dozen. And not any coin. A golden dragon.”

“It doesn’t matter.” Ginger sow scoffed. “Ye’ ran all the way to the Twins, unable to save the dead, but keeping’em with you the whole time, Lo-Captain Manderly. Then told Lord Stark and King Baelor that you’d be fighting again!”

“That ya did.” Ferret corresponded the story, as if Manderly needed to be reminded of what he did and didn’t do.

“Aye.” Manderly spoke, beaming. His status in the last two decades couldn’t be any greater. Despite his crippled nature, forced to rely on his wooden cane to maneuver himself around even his own bed chambers, people were in awe of him. Commoners, at the very least. He was a war hero. The man who endured torture and torment at the hands of traitors and escaped, lived, and marched down to fight. Even captured twice more, Manderly couldn’t be stopped. ‘Not till Otto.’ He thought the name with brimming discontent. “Lord Otto saw suspicion and envy in everyone around him. The bastard found me a prime candidate for his uneasiness in his own stock.” Captain Manderly turned back to grin at them, offering a view of his teeth. One of which was golden. “He beseeched that those there above me to, proverbially, send me off the field of glory.” A sour expression, spat from his very pours, Gregor shook with disdain.

“Lying of treason's, that I sold out me men to escape, Unlucky Otto fibbed his way to seein’ me far from battle.”

“I never heard such a tale, Captain.” Confessed the ginger.

“Never have ye been told, that be why! He complained and fell back ta petty concerns on me well being, once Lord Stark and our snow haired king declined to subscribe to his depictions of a falsed natured Cap’n Manderly.”

“A scoundrel.” Enraged, the Ferret’s voice shot up. “Riverland scum, that one.” His voice skimpered into a mutter as he saw quite a few banners belonging to their Southern brethren. “Never trusted them. Me pa’w always said they were no good, with their seven idols.”

“Aye.” The ginger agreed, too dumb to react to the story, Manderly noted.

“Be good now and be keepin’ that to yourselves. It would be awfully embarrassin’’ for all involved, if word reached and leaked.” Leaked, like his piss onto Tully’s funeral procession.

“You have our word, Captain Manderly.” Both cheered.

“Good lads. Be off, I have. . Business, talks, and other such.” Leaning harder on the cane, huffing for breath, Manderly disregarded the bastards who occupied his time for the last twenty minutes once he saw his king, lord and. . Forrester all together. Scrunching his nose in displeasure at the unwanted third member, Manderly hobbled with greater stress now than he displayed climbing the muddy banks.

“My lord, your grace, lord Forrester.” Exhaling loudly, with a grin forming, the Lord of White Harbor bowed his head in deep respect. “I’d be on me knees, but then I’d be on them for days to come.” He laughed at his own pitiful state. “I’ve been lookin’ to give great thanks to ye, my king. Down in Seagard, that bastard dragon had me own pearl captive. Your efforts were no small part in savin’ her.” Widening his grin, the golden tooth flashed once more. “If ever there be something you need done, from the bottom of me old, tired heart, ask and I shall give.”

[class=fyuri11wrapper] max-width:600px; height:500px; margin:auto; [/class] [class=fyuri11imagebox] width:100%; height:500px; background:url('http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/thumb/7/7e/Zippo514_Highgarden.jpg/800px-Zippo514_Highgarden.jpg') no-repeat; [/class] [class=fyuri11overlayparent] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; max-width:600px; height:500px; [/class] [class=fyuri11overlay] display: flex; width:500px; height:200px; margin:auto; background-color:rgba(0,0,0, 0.8); color:rgb(68, 4, 4); [/class] [class=fyuri11header] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; flex-flow: column nowrap; text-align:center; width:100%; font-family: 'Sigmar One', Impact; font-size:30px; color:#fff; [/class] [class=fyuri11parent] opacity:0.0; position:relative; margin-top:-500px; width:100%; height:500px; background:#000; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class name=fyuri11parent state=hover] opacity:1.0; width:calc(100% - 20px); height:480px; background:rgb(8, 35, 0); padding:10px; [/class] [class=fyuri11content] width:calc (100% - 20px); height:460px; background-color:#fff; overflow:auto; padding:10px; text-align:justify; color:#313131; [/class] [class=fyuri11credit] max-width:400px; margin:auto; opacity:0.3; font-size:10px; [/class] [class=textbox] margin:auto;center; background:white; opacity:0.9; width:80%; [/class]
[div class=fyuri11wrapper][div class=fyuri11imagebox][div class=fyuri11overlayparent][div class=fyuri11overlay][div class=fyuri11header]Ser Tristan Tyrell
Act II: Growing Strong
[/div]

Highgarden
The castle was a veritable swarm of people that day, the overwhelming taste of sweat in the summer heat intermingling with the scents and sounds of Higharden; the scent of the climbing roses, ivy and grapes which lined every wall, the sounds of the lonely fiddler playing a sad lover's tune and ladies-in-waiting, red in the face from hushed laughter at a particularly bawdy jape.

There were no pleasure boats to be seen on the Mander today, only strange vessels of varying make sailed up river, some say all the way from Yunkai carrying with them ale and wine from the farthest corners of the world. There were mummers from Pentos and tricksters from Norvos, the dwarves they sailed all the way from a Braavosi town that claimed to only house their kind. But perhaps, the most notable figures amongst all of these were the women they'd brought from the finest pleasure houses in Lys, they were supposed to regale the nobles with a particularly acrobatic performance but surely that wasn't their only purpose?

Elsewhere, men carried clunky crates down to the cellars, their minders reminding them that each bottle inside was worth more than ten of their lives. Woodworkers and laborers were engrossed in putting up the jousting lists as the trumpeters and bandsmen practiced in all their fine livery, while the long rows of silken pennants waved gently in the wind.

"My son's spoken with you correct? He's explained that we want only the best men and women in our service? we cannot afford any pitfalls this time, the future of this house depends on it." Lord Tristan spoke with authority, and with an air of irritableness, the man they'd brought before him was stout and ugly not to mention he walked with a terrible limp. What would he know of the tastes of lords?
"Be assured M'lord, you will not be disappointed. Everything has been take-" The man's reply had been cut short by a proclamation from the guardsmen about the arrival of a certain set of Volantine craftsmen.
"Ah yes, they've arrived." the lord started, forgetting for a moment the guest at hand.
"Well, I have been throughly convinced of your competence, you may leave now." he said rather nonchalantly motioning towards his guards to take the man away.

The doors of the main hall opened to a band of about a dozen Volantine men, "You speak the commons I trust?" Tristan began.
"Yes lord, I do." one of the men, older than the others spoke up in reply.
"I have called you here to perform a task of supreme importance, I wish for you and your men men to construct a throne made of oak. And not just any throne, I wish for you to make me Greenhand's Oakenseat itself." pausing for a moment, as if expecting those words to mean something to these men from Volantis, he continued, "The Reach has befallen on trying times, but we have been here before, the Dornish have been a thorn at our side ever since us Reachmen could claim to be sired by Kings. We're divided now; against each other, against ourselves, but if I can restore to the Reach lords their throne in this upcoming tourney, then I am sure they shall throw the Dornish scum off of our lands and hail me as their savior! As, Tristan the Resto-".

"M'lady, I can't possibly let you in..it's...it's the lord's orders."

The doors to the main hall flung open once again.

[/div]
[/div]
[/div]

Last edited:

Gilliane Manderly
Pearl

The two girls held hands. It was a sweet gesture. One of which made Gilliane want to bring Alyssa closer and comfort her loss with a hug. An embrace. She decided against it, however. I do not know her well enough. When Alyssa made mention of Aegon and pulled away,
Gilliane smiled.
“It’s quite a surprise he still is eligible, isn’t it?” She said. Her eyes moving from Tully and towards the direction she last saw their King in. She found him with a fastness. He was speaking with Lord Stark and Forrester and her father.
My father?
She wondered if he was finally about to approach the King with his offer.
“It’s even more a surprise that he hasn’t asked you for your hand, my lady. Your beauty is beyond.” Gilliane complimented her. The comment would have felt fake to anyone who didn’t know her well - but it was sincere. She truly meant it.
Though a part of her, of course, was glad Aegon hadn’t asked Alyssa to be his wife.
She pushed that part aside however.

She smiled at Alyssa. Remaining delicately poised.

Domeric Stark
Traitor

Don’t look at her cleavage.
Domeric blinked.
Do not.
He stood, stupidly. Still holding his makeshift bouquet of mixed daisies.
Look.
He did not know what to do. So he shifted his weight from one foot to the other. He could feel his pits dampen. Sweat collecting on them.
Don’t.
It was quite a relief when King Naemidon patted his daughter’s back, forcing her and her twins to retreat. Domeric’s expression softened as his grace spoke. “I, for one, was not brought up to take women - your grace. Though I cannot say the same about some of my countrymen.”
Domeric replied.

He was taken even more aback when the King gestured for him to sit in between Princess Vaella and he. Domeric bowed quickly bowed his head -
“It’d be an honour to sit by your side, your grace.”
He strut around the table and took his seat. He towered everyone else, even when sitting. After he tucked the chair in that was brought to by a servant, he handed her the flowers.
“I didn’t know which ones you liked but…”
His words lingered. His eyes looked into hers.
She’s absolutely beautiful.
He’d never seen a more perfect looking woman in all his years. The only one who could compare was the lady Gilliane.
And even then.
Vaella’s beauty was almost heavenly to him. A servant placed a plate in front of him and his stomach gave a final growl. It‘s about time, Domeric thought.

He turned towards the King. Who spoke of parchment and indulgences. Domeric would be lying if he said he understood exactly what his grace meant. He went along with it however, nodding. “Suffer I shall, your grace.” Domeric said with a tight smile.

His stare blank.

Ysilla Martell
Sunflower

She plucked one orange from its orchard tree. A blood orange. She admired it. The feel of its peel. Ysilla Martell more than always ate them unpeeled - for the added taste. The simmering sun kissed her skin lightly. She brought the fruit close and took a bite. Its taste was sickeningly sweet. Like fresh vomit.
Unripe.
She spat it out. The mush landing next to her sandaled foot. She dropped the orange as well and used her free hand to wipe the reddened juice from her chin. “It’s not ready.” She said. The fruit hitting the ground with a thud. Her and the old man watched it as it rolled down a small slope that led further into the grove.
“The blood oranges oft take different times to m-”
“I do not need a lecture, Perros.” She said to him. A serious look in her eyes. One that told him he better be quiet. One that he immediately took notice of.
“Of course, princess. My apologies.” He said. This was his orchard. These were his oranges. But he was hers. She owned him almost.
She turned around and began walking down the waving path. Past the different trees with different heights and different colours. Some trees had lime coloured leaves while others had ones that resembled thin emeralds. “Do you know when they’ll all be more or less ready?” She asked him -
Her left arm extending out and caressing the bark. Ysilla loved the rough feel against her fingers. There was power in nature and she felt her status grow when in contact with it. It’s... almost exhilarating.
“I’d say two weeks at the latest.”
He replied.
She stopped. Her arm returning to her side. “Two?”
“Yes, princess.”
Her eyes hit the back of her head. Two weeks ago he told her one week and a half. She stopped at a tree that was taller than her by a foot or two. Its leaves were shining green. Plump oranges hung. She picked one and held it tight, her fingers wrapped around it like five serpents constricting prey.
“I want six crates for Old Palace.” She said, still clinging to the fruit. Squeezing it. A bit of its juice pushing out. Spilling all over her hand.
“Six, yes.” Perros said - trying to ignore what she was doing.
“Five for our men in The Reach. Send them straight to Whitegrove. Have the cartsmen tell The Peakes that they are to be dispersed to any Dornish in the area. My sister especially.”
“Of course.”
“Four crates readied for our Tyroshi delegate. He leaves next week.”
Perros nodded in reply.
“Three for Lord Dayne. Two for Lady Yronwood. And one for Lord Drinkwater - for any possible mourning.”
“Yes, princess.”
The old man continued his nodding. Ysilla dropped the orange. It hit the ground. Splatting. “Don’t disappoint me, Perros. Two weeks.” She held up two of her fingers, red juice dribbling down them.
“Two weeks.” He said.
A slight fright in his words.

Sunspear was, as per usual, crowded.
Its streets filled with countless amounts of people. Merchants yelled out, advertising their goods. Mothers hung laundry out to dry on the balconies of their homes. Their children ran in circles - tagging their friends. People waved at her as she passed in her sunset painted litter.
She waved back.
A simple smile planted upon her lips. Her fingers still stained by blood orange.
The litter passed through Shadow City. Up winding roads. Towards her home. The Old Palace. Sunspear’s jewel. Dorne’s even.

Ysilla swung upon the doors to the great hall that was nestled within The Tower Of The Sun. It was a lit with sunlight - coming from the large open archway that led to an even larger balcony. It was her favourite place in the palace. The balcony. She could look over the glistening Summer Sea from there.
Her father would sit her on his shoulders as a child and let her watch as the ships sailed past. Fishing boats, merchant cogs and vessels of war.
Ships from the South.
Ships from the North.

She grinned thinking back to it.
The palace was missing her father’s present. Not as much as she was, however.
Maester Mallador welcomed her as he shuffled down the steps. An older man than Perros was. “My princess.” He said as he approached her. They hugged. He had been as much of a father to her as her own - though she didn’t have the same appreciation for him as she did Prince Mors.
“How was your trip to the orchard?” He asked as they pulled away from one another.
“Tiresome.” She said softly. “The blood oranges still aren’t ready.”
Mallador shook his head,
“That Perros is always trying to chance his arm and sell his stock before its good.”
“When it is good, it is good though.” Ysilla added.
“It is.”

The two walked out on the great balcony. Heat radiating against them. The ocean looked like a blue mirage. The islands of The Stepstones a distant dream. She leaned over the balcony bannister. Her elbows brushing against pale stone.
“Any news?” She asked him as her eyes spotted a small ship navigating gentle waters. Maester Mallador handed her a small scroll - its seal broken. She opened it and read. “So Trystane is definitely dead?” She asked, referring to the cousin of Lord Drinkwater.
“We aren’t completely certain but I’d say so. Killed by Jafer Wythers it seems.”
Her blood begun a boil but she focused on the water. The boat. It helped keep her calm. She felt her fist clench however - still red from the juice.
“What will be done about it?” She asked Mallador.
“Nothing until your father knows.”
She stood up straight.
The mention of her father combined with the sightful sea, and the cool breeze brought on by it, helped calm her more. She turned to Mallador and gave him a look. One that told him how she felt. Angry.
“Write to him at once. Start with an apology for interrupting his mourning in the capital but… this is important.” Ysilla told him.
He nodded, his chain jingling as he did.
“We mustn’t allow the fleas to nip at us too much. The Reachmen must suffer for this. The murder of a Drinkwater cousin is still an attack on us. All of us, even a Northerner like you Mallador.”
“Indeed, my princess.”
She looked at her hand. Stained by juice. She licked her fingers, wiping them of the dried red. The taste of it was slightly sweet. The orange she had - the one she squeezed - must have been ripe after all. The maester bowed and went off to write his letter. Ysilla turned back to the sea. Still licking. She thought of The Reach. She thought of the ships.

She thought of her father.

Prince Martell,
Your daughter ask I write to you and tell you of word we’ve gotten. It seems that there was an attack on Trystane Drinkwater - the cousin of our good Lord Drinkwater. A boy of just seventeen.
Slain by Lord Jafer Wythers.
Though it hasn’t been confirmed, all of Dorne whispers of it.
Your daughter asks that you take some time away from the mourning of Prince Maekar and do something. Apologies for the bad news.

We hope all is well,

- Maester Mallador

Meredyth Tyrell
"Can't let me in? On his orders?" Meredyth barked a laugh and tossed her head indignantly. "Gods be good. Get out of my way, you simpering fool."

The doors to the main hall flung open. What with the sheer force, it would be understandable to expect some towering beast to stand in the doorway, but the reality was to be feared much more. For there, standing at about 5'3'', hands planted on her wide hips, was Meredyth Tyrell.

An angry Meredyth Tyrell.

Her tirade began.

"Can't let me in, hm? Why's that, Tristan? Afraid to hear the voice of reason?" It was a though there was nobody in the room except for herself and her husband. Usually, she kept her outbursts to an exclusive audience, but for once she was too frustrated to notice the way their guests had frozen in shock, let alone care. "I can't believe you didn't tell me. Do you have any idea how much this tournament is going to cost? How much that awful chair will cost, alone? Tristan, you're supposed to be an adult!" Her own words resonated with her then, and she paused. Another laugh. "Though I've heard you're catering for the adults. Lys, is that where they're coming from? What kind of household are we running?"

Meredyth brushed straight past the craftsmen. By some fortunate miracle, her anger had seemed to dwindle with every step, and now she had finally reached her husband her voice was softer. Carefully, she lowered herself into Tristan's lap and brushed a lock of hair from his face as her voice took on a gentler, more chastising tone. As if her husband was a troublesome child in need of scolding.

"I wish you'd involved me," she began, frowning, "I'm better at balancing the books, you know that." Her hand moved away from Tristan's face to rest on his forearm. "So much money, wasted. I can see what you're trying to do, my love, but we don't want to be depleting our resources... Do you understand what I mean? There are more useful things to purchase than wine and more useful things to commission than chairs."

Like weapons to rid our homeland of pests.

Elucid Elucid
-
Alyssa Tully

"Oh, I doubt a King would be interested in me. I'm exiled and past my prime, darling," Alyssa offered a chuckle to stop Gilliane from feeling awkward as a result of her crass admission. With a sigh, she shrugged one shoulder and cast her gaze over the girl's head, as though she was suddenly lost in a daze. "Besides, I have already had my one love. A higher power decided our marriage was to be short lived, but it's still so fresh in my memory. I couldn't possibly remarry so soon."

Really, all that remained of her marriage was the memory of that stupid man fumbling around between her legs, his disgusting breath against her neck. He'd tried to mount her multiple times a day, like a dog in heat. Fool. Despite his consistency, he'd only ever managed to plant his weak seed in her once.

Alyssa hated the taste of moon tea.
But she hated the idea of carrying a child even more.
Tragically, the baby had been... lost.

Finally, she shook herself back to reality and offered Gilliane a comforting smile to mask her smirk. "Come now. If the men are busy, we'll just amuse ourselves until something interesting happens." Again, she took the younger woman's hand, this time to lead her. Her nails dug into her wrist with the action.

Though who would reprimand a grieving woman?

"Lady Forrester. It's a pleasure." She offered a dip of her head politely, and released Gilliane. "Do keep us company."

mintee mintee TheFool TheFool

-
A heavy hand on Vaella's back was enough to correct her behaviour and make her remember where she was. She dropped promptly back into her seat as a blush blossomed in her cheeks, though her eyes stayed fixed on the Stark boy. So captivated was she, in fact, that she laughed softly along with her father's words, forgetting in that moment her previous resentment. As a chair was pulled for Domeric and he moved to take it, she raised her cup to her lips, only to reluctantly set it back on the table when she found it empty. Perhaps that was for the best: draining a bottle to playfully spite Arlan had seemed like a brilliant idea at the time, but she was beginning to feel lightheaded and warm.

Gingerly, Vaella took the bundle of flowers when it was offered and held Domeric's gaze, lips parted, her own eyes questioning. Her fingertips stroked one soft petal as she spoke.

"They're perfect, my lord. Thankyou for being so thoughtful."

With that, she plucked one daisy from the group and threaded it into her hair. The rest were placed into her empty cup, which she added a little water to, and were then gently rearranged. Her food was now quite forgotten in favour of her favourite thing of all: romantic gestures.

As she settled back in her chair, satisfied with her new centerpiece, Vaella turned her head to study Domeric in more detail. He was rather striking, really, in a strange sort of way, perhaps because he was new and exotic. Were people from the North exotic? She supposed that technically, anyone who wasn't from King's Landing could be considered exotic by her. That aside, he was tall. Most people were tall compared to Vaella, but this man was something else. Perhaps certain parts of him were proportionate?

Her blush deepened.

"Father's right, you know. But before the lords descend, can I get you anything? Do you have enough food? Wine?" She reached out to brush her fingertips across his thigh in what she hoped was a friendly gesture, and smiled. "And how are you finding King's Landing?"

Unknowingly, she was going to prevent the poor man enjoying his meal in peace.

Loron Greyjoy

Rain. Even confined within the walls of his childhood bedroom, Loron Greyjoy could not escape the perpetual drizzle that was a staple of these miserable little islands, the weak thatchwork of the ceiling having given way long before he was even born, allowing a spray of tiny wet droplets to fall haphazardly onto the equally ruptured floor, and dampening his boots as he struggled to keep his head under the small section of roof that was still structurally sound. Rain had frightened him as a child, it still did to a certain extent, for his father’s words ‘the Storm God will have you if he wants you, boy’ still echoed in his mind despite the passage of time, and Loron could remember many a sleepless night spent curled upon the foot of his bed, his hands over his ears as he tried to block out the sound of thunder claps that threatened to shatter Pyke’s fragile walls and topple the castle into the sea. One of many unhappy memories that this place had left him.

That was what Pyke was to him, an unhappy memory, one that years of drinking and head trauma had been unable to erase from his mind. The rain, the people, the castle, his father, the sooner he was done with all of it he would be much better off, much more calm, much happier. Why was it then that he had such trouble moving on? Why could he not just let Urragon have this thrice-damned castle? Live his life?

He wanted to leave this place, leave and never return, jump on a ship and sail as far away from Erich Greyjoy as physically possible, to Lys if that’s what it took, to Qarth, to Asshai, to the lands beyond the known world where his father’s men could never follow, but he knew that he couldn’t do that. He would come back, he always came back, like a fat man to a banquet. ‘This will be the last time’ he always told himself ‘I’ll tell him to go fuck himself, and I’ll never come back.’ It was never the last time. He had always accused Lord Erich of being lost in the past, trapped in a bygone era, perhaps that was a trait that he had inherited. The only thing to show from being the son of the Kraken.

Loron fumbled around the room as he attempted to gather his possessions, still heated from his earlier embarrassment in his father’s council. He would not waste any time dwelling on the events of the day, hating his father already occupying too much of his mind to risk allowing it more room to fester and grow. He would collect himself and go. Go as soon as this damned rain cleared for long enough that he wasn’t at risk of his horse breaking a leg in the soggy mud and casting him off a rocky cliff. What an end that would be, surviving six and twenty years with Erich Greyjoy just to be killed by a horse. Weather be good, he would ride for Lordsport upon the morrow, where he could board the first ship heading for King’s Landing, and the events of the day would be nothing more than a tale to tell a friend by a roaring fire. The type of fire that the damp wood of the Iron Islands made an impossibility.

‘They’ll kill him, you know?’ So caught up in his own thoughts, Loron had not heard the figure enter, nor could he distinguish its voice between the continued drip-dropping of the rain.

‘What?’

‘Father. Your Greenlander friends will kill him when you tell them what he’s planning.’

As Loron felt two cold hands begin to carefully caress his shoulders, a spark of recognition left his tongue ‘Why should I care what becomes of him? He’s never cared what became of me.’

‘He’s your father, Lor. He’s our father.’

Loron turned his eyes to meet a matching pair, the dark and murky brown that had proved one of the few solaces of his youth. ‘He’s never been much of a father to us, Es.’

‘And you’ve never been much of a brother, but I’ve loved you all the same.’ Esgred Greyjoy was the spitting image of their mother, at least that was what anyone old enough to have remembered Gysella Goodbrother had told them. Loron had never known the woman, for she had died of a sickness only a few years after he was born, be he liked to imagine that Es would’ve acted like her too. His mother would have been strong. His mother would have been brave. His mother wouldn’t have let Erich Greyjoy walk all over them.

‘That was different…’ Loron attempted to protest, but to no avail.

‘You left me here with them whilst you went off doing god knows what with a bunch of Greenlanders. Our family Lor.’

‘I would’ve taken you with me. If you had asked, I would have taken you with me.’

‘And married me off to some Greenland’s boy with a stick up his arse? Then who would have cared for father?’ Esgred was smarter than him, they both knew that, and Loron could tell from her tone that this was not an argument that he was going to win.

‘He’s a grown man, he can take care of himself.’

‘We both know that’s not true, Lor. He’s not as strong as he thinks he is.’

‘I hardly think…’

‘Why do you think he called you back here?’ She interrupted. ‘After you’ve spent so long cursing our family, why do you think he called you back. You’re his son, and he needs you.’

‘He has Urragon.’ Loron protested.

‘You and I both know that Urragon is dumber than a sack of rocks. He needs his heir.’

His heir. Those words stirred something in Loron, a feeling he hadn’t felt in a long time. ‘So that’s it then? You want me to go around murdering people to make father feel more at ease? You want me to die for him?’

‘What is dead may never die.’ Esgred muttered, and Loron felt his lips subconsciously repeat the phrase, words he hadn’t said since he was a boy. ‘You’ve gone soft, Lor, they’re Greenlanders, they’re not our people. Our way is the old way, we take what we can. We don’t care about the feelings of lesser men.’

‘You don’t know them Es, not like I do. I’ve talked to them, some of them are my friends…’ He trailed off, not quite making eye contact with his sister.

‘Have you told her?’ Esgred’s voice was firm.

‘Have I told who, what?’

‘Have you told your wife that you’ve met another woman?’

Loron paused. ‘I haven’t met another woman Es… Look, I…’

‘You haven’t even talked to her, have you? You intended to slink back into these Isles without even showing her your face.’

‘It’s not like that…’ Loron’s face was red. ‘She won't even know I’m there.’

‘She knows Loron, no matter what happened to her, she still knows you. You could at least do that much. Go and see her before you betray your family.’

‘I’m not betraying anyone, I’m just…’

‘You’re just what?’

Loron clenched his fist in frustration. She had beaten him. She knew it, he knew it, and there was no point in trying to stop her.

‘Me staying isn’t going to stop this family from dying, you know that Es?’

‘Then at least our heads will sit side-by-side on traitor’s walk.’

‘I’ll think about what you’ve said. I need to wait out this storm any way, so I wont be going anywhere any time soon.’

‘So you’ll stay.’

‘I said I’d think about it.’

His sister beamed, pulling him into an embrace. ‘You’re not a bad man Loron, but neither is father, so the two of you will need to get along.’

‘Unlikely’ Loron thought, though he kept it to himself. ‘He hates me.’ He said at last.

‘And you hate him.’

Esgred gave him a final squeeze before she made her way to the door, looking at him with pleading eyes as she once again left him alone to his thoughts. ‘I won't do it for father.’ Loron thought solemnly‘But this family still has parts worth saving.’

Last edited:
[class=fyuri11wrapper] max-width:600px; height:500px; margin:auto; [/class] [class=fyuri11imagebox] width:100%; height:500px; background:url('https://66.media.tumblr.com/a7b2d434a50d5351d10d6e9d5ecb5b1b/tumblr_ne6mz7dkNL1u2n5cyo1_640.png') no-repeat; [/class] [class=fyuri11overlayparent] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; max-width:600px; height:500px; [/class] [class=fyuri11overlay] display: flex; width:500px; height:200px; margin:auto; background-color:rgba(0,0,0, 0.8); color:rgb(68, 4, 4); [/class] [class=fyuri11header] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; flex-flow: column nowrap; text-align:center; width:100%; font-family: 'Sigmar One', Impact; font-size:30px; color:#fff; [/class] [class=fyuri11parent] opacity:0.0; position:relative; margin-top:-500px; width:100%; height:500px; background:#000; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class name=fyuri11parent state=hover] opacity:1.0; width:calc(100% - 20px); height:480px; background:rgb(8, 35, 0); padding:10px; [/class] [class=fyuri11content] width:calc (100% - 20px); height:460px; background-color:#fff; overflow:auto; padding:10px; text-align:justify; color:#313131; [/class] [class=fyuri11credit] max-width:400px; margin:auto; opacity:0.3; font-size:10px; [/class] [class=textbox] margin:auto;center; background:white; opacity:0.9; width:80%; [/class]
[/div]

Highgarden
"Leave us!" He said, in the most dreadful voice he could muster, and almost immediately men started scurrying off to the door, none of them foolish enough to wait and watch what'd happen if they didn't. He knew he'd attract the wrath of his wife by not telling her, but this, this was something he wanted to do on his own, a decision he wanted to make as lord. A single act he'd have performed without the consent of queen and council.

But as soon as Tristan saw his queen crouched in front of him, he knew he'd made a terrible mistake. She'd had that effect on him, even as children Meredyth could make him do anything for her; once, he'd climbed all the way up a moss ridden tower just to fetch her a nightingale egg she demanded as proof of his undying devotion.

Immediately, he set about trying to make amends, "Meredyth, my love ... I-I don't know what came over me. I wanted so desperately to do something, anything. There's been news from Old Town; the Dornish, they've been dying like flies, they even killed that damned bastard Uller so long a thorn in our side, I-I though it a sign."

He paused, his eyes low like a criminal that had committed some petty crime "It was Roger that suggested it, such a beautiful boy he's turned out to be. He managed everything, all I had to to was sign off on the arrangements. Please don't be hard on him, he's just trying to do his part." Taking a moment to compose himself he continued, "The years have been good to us Meredyth, despite the Dornish we've made our fair share, thanks in large part to you. Maester Cressen's been told to ready the ravens bearing news of the tourney. Give me the word and I'll order the messages burnt."

Only after he'd finish did he have the courage to look his wife in the eye, as if to say that he was deathly serious. Then, realization struck, "A-about those Lysene maids, I hope you didn't think I had anything to do with that? I would never, never in a million years!" he proclaimed, red faced.

[/div]
[/div]
[/div]

Meredyth Tyrell
Seeing her husband's abashed face softened Meredyth, and she listened quietly to his explanation. Having a man so dearly devoted to her was comforting, and beautiful, but it was so easy to abuse that devotion, which was something she hated to catch herself doing. She herself was equally as devoted to Tristan, but either the man didn't see it, or was too kind to manipulate her attachment. Her fingertips made small circles on his arm, almost stroking.

Finally, she spoke.
"You know, my dear, I think you're right. It's the perfect time for a tourney. Perhaps we can unite our people, now that the Dornish have taken a blow," her lips were curled into a gentle smile, not the smug one she wore when she knew she was getting her way, but the one reserved for her husband and children. "And I fear we've been economising for my sake lately. You know I'm prone to worrying."

Taking up the submissive role, she settled against her husband's chest, letting her guard down. For the time being, it seemed, her fire had burnt itself out.

"Burn the letters. I want to be involved somehow-- I'll invite our guests myself," she purred, eyes fluttering shut as she began to consider her various wording options. Her placidity, however, didn't last long, as she snapped upright again at the mention of the Lysene maids. Who, though she wouldn't admit it, she had quite forgotten about.

A sly smile graced her lips.
"I'd hope not, my dear." The purring tone of voice was back. "Because I'd like to think I can satisfy you on my own..." Her hand, one on his forearm, was snaking up his thigh until it reached it's destination, so to speak. A pause. A smirk.

Then, Meredyth slipped off of her husband's lap and turned so her back was to him.

"I'll draft the invite and you can proofread it, how does that sound?"

Elucid Elucid

Mors Martell
Prince of Dorne and the Hand of the King

In his many years, Mors Martell was not unused to lose and tragedy. He had experienced his own share of loses including his own beloved wife only a few months after the birth of his son due to complications in the birthing but rarely did he see a man so devastated by loss as Naemidon Blackfyre. For most, he might have seemed to take it fairly well or at least be hiding it well and doing his duty but he had been at Naemidons side for 20 years as his Hand of the King. He had seen Naemidon in everything from great rages, to ecstatic joy, to low depressions and Naemidon was an emotional man but he had never seen him quite like this. He watched as the king stood on the podium staring at the skull of his son, the one that Mors mused he likely sent to his death with his foolish quest, and grief and likely guilt seemed to eat at him. Dragons devoured each other and in that case, the crippled dragon was the one who died. Now unease settled over the realm and they all we're gonna have to deal with the aftermath. He watched as different individuals gave eulogies of the prince as he collected his own thoughts.

Maeker had not been a bad heir, all things considered. He had not watched him grow the same way he had watched the younger of the Blackfyres grow but he had observed him in close proximity for a number of years. Other than his unfortunate physical disorders he was a fine enough heir. Determined, intelligent, kind, brave. He had never faulted for courage. As long as he could properly have an heir he doubted there would have been an issue with him taking the throne. But Naemidon had not been content with keeping him in what he was skilled at. He had insisted that his son be a fighter so he was trained. But his physical deformities made him anything but formidable but his father had insisted even when Mors pointed out he had other talents which would be a better use for his time rather than pushing himself for a talent that would always remain subpar despite his best efforts. But Naemidon had a tendency to be stubborn and in the end, this was the result of his efforts and his insistence. 'Is it guilt that makes you feel like this Naemidon? Do you understand that this is partly your own doing and that fuels your grief?' Never the less that was something he would never say out loud and truthfully even if he could he wouldn't. Naemidon had a tendency to ignore what he didn't want to see but he didn't deserve this, being faced with the body of the son he had so much faith in. No matter the circumstances that deserved some sympathy at least.

He waited for his turn to speak as Kinvara, Viserys, and others spoke of the fallen heir and as he collected his thoughts he did not watch Maeker, but Naemidon as he listened to the various speeches speaking of the fallen prince, the fallen son. And then it was his turn and he stood and made to the front of the stand. He wore a long robe the color of sand, subdued but almost seems to shimmer in the sunlight as he spoke in a soft-spoken but clear tone that would be able to be heard by nearly all those attending. "Maekar Blackfyre was a rare individual. He was proud without being arrogant, kind without being indulgent, firm without being cruel, and wise beyond his years. He was capable and he was everything that a King needed to be. And a King he might have been but it was cruel fate that brings us here now. He was the best of us and while we wonder why the gods would take one so deserving and so capable it is here where we must grieve but also honor the legacy of a man who died to protect the realm and the people he loved. For the honor and glory of this Kingdom and all those who live in it. Maeker Blackfyre we will carry your torch and your duty, and you will never be forgotten."

Finished he would turn and look directly at Naemidon and would give him a bow of his head to his king, to a father grieving for his loss and gave him the floor to say his goodbyes. This was the end of Maekar Blackfyre but the realm continued on and it was his duty as the Hand of the King to see it through.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was later at the feast that Mors began to some the instability of the realm. The Feast was normal enough at first, there was a subdued nature that was understandable but overall nothing truly seemed out of place. Common folk drank and eventually became more open. Food was eaten, serving girls were groped only to smack those hands away or didn't, and conversation rang throughout the hall. Yet it was not the common folk who had his attention but rather the high table where Naemidon sat. What remained of the royal family sat there and Naemidon seemed half a ghost as while he kept appearances he was clearly in intense pain. Arlan and Aerion were chatting while Aerions mother sat near. Vaella was speaking her mother and while he only caught hints of what she was saying being a bit below them but he doubted it was anything new. While he did not entirely blame her, he knew how spiteful she could be and doubted she would be much more respectful at a funeral then she would be in any other place. Vaegor seemed rather sullen and drinking more then he had perhaps ever seen his drink before though that was hardly a surprise either. Of all the siblings Vaegor had been one of the ones to most idealize his brother.

He was still focused on the high table before a voice behind him caught his attention. It was Meryn, the master of whispers and he inclined his head in greeting to the man. "Meryn," He said in greeting as he regarded the rather mysterious man. Though he supposed that suited a Master of Whispers and he inclined himself to focus his attention on him. "Nothing that you have likely not heard yourself. She will make her way to the capital after properly giving time to grieve for her own loss. The previous lord Arryns death combined with Maeker means there is plenty of grieving throughout the realm." He said glancing once again at the high table before gesturing at the main parts of the feast. "Some work will have to be done to bring the realm together and Maekars death clearly shows the Targs are not done being a threat. We will have to step up our efforts on all fronts if we want to-" He said about to finish before some commotion at the high table drew his gaze as he saw Vaella standing up in a rare rage. He tried to identify what made her angry and she did so for him and he had to stop himself from snorting when he realized that Arlan had thrown a leg of lamb on the queen's lap. He kept his expression normal even through the chaos, though he could only stare in disbelief as Vaella downed an entire bottle before chatting up the recently arriving Stark while Vaegor was looking increasing sollen though he didn't say too much. "A lot of work to do indeed." He said speaking almost to himself.

Last edited:
[class=fyuri11wrapper] max-width:600px; height:500px; margin:auto; [/class] [class=fyuri11imagebox] width:100%; height:500px; background:url('https://scontent-yyz1-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/3f8ba69e16927dbe85025929b42ff963/5D2F4D74/t51.2885-15/sh0.08/e35/s640x640/47689906_755515218162370_8242187642883306649_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.cdninstagram.com') no-repeat; [/class] [class=fyuri11overlayparent] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; max-width:600px; height:500px; [/class] [class=fyuri11overlay] display: flex; width:500px; height:200px; margin:auto; background-color:rgba(0,0,0, 0.8); color:rgb(68, 4, 4); [/class] [class=fyuri11header] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; flex-flow: column nowrap; text-align:center; width:100%; font-family: 'Sigmar One', Impact; font-size:30px; color:#fff; [/class] [class=fyuri11parent] opacity:0.0; position:relative; margin-top:-500px; width:100%; height:500px; background:#000; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class name=fyuri11parent state=hover] opacity:1.0; width:calc(100% - 20px); height:480px; background:rgb(0, 0, 0); padding:10px; [/class] [class=fyuri11content] width:calc (100% - 20px); height:460px; background-color:#fff; overflow:auto; padding:10px; text-align:justify; color:#313131; [/class] [class=fyuri11credit] max-width:400px; margin:auto; opacity:0.3; font-size:10px; [/class] [class=textbox] margin:auto;center; background:white; opacity:0.9; width:80%; [/class]
[/div]

Tumbleton
"Mama! the man said I could touch it! can I? please?! I promise I'll not steal lemoncakes from the kitchen anymore!" said the boy as he tugged on his mother's dress violently, "They said it was only two stars! please!!" he continued, pointing intently at the town square.
There, in the middle of the fairly busy market town, laid the heads of the fabled dragons Vermithor and Seasmoke, a remnant of the times when monsters roamed the air and towns such as theirs were turned into piles of ash and embers. Tumbleton and its people were never one to give up easy, like the house that held this land they too were determined. Twice, was this town faced with dragonfire and twice did it emerge from the dust reminding all that would listen to Tread Here Lightly. To this day, travelers from every corner of Westeros made a note to stop by town to gaze upon the beasts in all their splendor, often spending a star or two for the privileged of touching the roughened bones.

"Unhand me you brutes!" the man in silken livery bellowed as he was thrown out of a particularly popular establishment around town. "I'll have your heads, you hear me?! You don't pay your taxes to the goddamned Dornish! You pay them to me, to my house!" he said, both angry and drunk, a combination not ideal for the potted plants outside the row of houses in the area.

You wouldn't think it but this paragon of virtue was of noble birth, although he'd rather spend most of his time amongst the denizens of the filthiest hole in town. Dusting himself off and making a mental note of the names of all the patrons he'd noticed that day, the nobleman made the trek towards the town square from where he'd head back to the castle. Most probably to complain about the way in which the Dornish treated the smallfolk and how their ancient privileges as noblemen were being trampled over, when he'd hear the voice of a man call out "Would you like to touch em ser?! It's just 3 silver stars!".

They were humongous creatures those dragons, the smallest one would still tower over the tallest of men in town. The nobleman thought they looked at him funny, as if to mock him, as if to say he was weak for letting the Dornish bastards do what they liked. Unsheathing his sword, he'd shove the pot bellied man aside and climb the short steps towards the larger of the two dragons, the one they called Vermithor. For a moment, he felt fear, it was a hot summer and the warm air blowing about town as he confronted the ravenous beast, surely unsettled the man. Could a dead dragon still breath fire? He wasn't going to wait to find out.

Every blow of the blade broke off chunks from the creature, as townsmen looked on in horror. As each blow landed, the man would level fresh insults on some new soul, before long though, he'd tired from all the exercise, but his work was not over.

A crier's bell rung in the distance as the man made his final blows, just as a brave few readied to wrest the blade from his hands.

"Hear Ye! Hear Ye!"

"Fuck the Blackfyres"

"Tourney at Highgarden!"

"Fuck the Targaryens"

"The bravest and boldest of knights!"

"Fuck the Martells"

"Hear Ye!"

[/div]
[/div]
[/div]

Last edited:

Several days later,

Grandmaester Argrave
NPC

He always woke at dawn. It was his routine, and to Grandmaester Argrave routine was was of utmost importance. Even when his routine was but interrupted - by war or by the death of a prince - it must be maintained. No matter what. That was his mantra. His piece. He would say it loudly and he would say it often -
“A routine must be kemptly kept, sire.”
King Naemidon never looked as if he was listening to the old man however. None of them ever did. Those Blackfyres. Grandmaester Argrave had held his position - his routine - for twenty two years now and though House Targaryen had been his liege for only two, he missed them.
Dearly.
He sat up in his bed and stretched. His bones aching as he did so. A yawn slithering out of his mouth as he rubbed his eyes of sleep. He threw the blanket off of him and swung his legs out. He slowly lowered his feet. They tingled as they touched the cold cobblestone.
“Gods.” He mumbled.
Standing up. He wobbled for a second until he found footing.
The sun still rising through his window.
Right on time.

He dressed as he always did.
An outfit that made him look like he had been forced into an empty brown vegetable sack. He gently put his feet into his slippers, that of which were made with scratchy fabric. So his toes always itched. Then he took his chains off of the hook they hung upon, and placed them around his skinny neck. Argrave felt the chains pull him down toward the cobblestoned ground. After all these years following the same routine -
He still wasn’t used to their weight.

Once dressed, he stood by his desk. The thing was littered with herbs and materials. Vials of poisons and juices. Some milk of the poppy. Pages and quills. Scrolls and wax stamps. And a book. An open, but empty, book. His life’s work.
His ears perked up at a sound.
A squeaking sound.
He smiled. Licking his dried lips. He passed a glass tank, filled with frivolous rocks and plantlife, over to a small wooden box with a lid atop it. A small wooden box with a lid atop it that held his mice. Four of them. He hadn’t named them for they regularly came and went. He took off the lid and put his finger in -
Wiggling it around.
Three of them scattered. One tried to nip at him, in an attempt to taste his wrinkled skin. Argrave let out a hoarse chuckle as the thing did.
“Hello little ones,”
He spoke to them. “It’s that time again.” He took away his finger and replaced it with the whole hand. He reached in closer and grabbed hold of the one that tried to nibble at his nail. He would always choose those ones. The ones who fought back against their God.
The mouse shimmied within his grip. Its black eyes frightful. Its tail whirling from left to right. Argrave brought the creature back over to the glass tank, the one with all the flora, and using his free hand -
He tapped the tank.
Once.
Twice.
Three times.

Until his Maegor appeared.

Maegor was a long snake with leathery black skin. Dark orange oval patterns decorated his back. His eyes were like dark beads but they lit up at the sight of Argrave. At the sight of the mouse. The serpent slithered slowly out from behind a rock. Its forked tongue flicking.
“A good morning to you, Maegor.” Argrave greeted his pet. It did nothing but continue to watch him though the glass.
Argrave then did what he routinely did each morning. He slid open the thin wooden lid of the tank and put his fist over it. He loosened his grip and the little mouse dropped in.

As Argrave waited.
Hoping to see the little mouse devoured. He was taken aback by a knock on the door.
Once
Twice.
Three times.

He stood up straight. Odd. No one would ever knock on his door at this hour. Argrave oft made it clear to the court that he did not like disturbance before the afternoon. He shuffled towards the door. His chains jingling as he did. When he opened it he found no one. He stepped out and his slipper hit against a silver tray of food that had been placed there on the ground.
Breakfast?
He slowly bent down to pick the tray up. His knees buckled. His arms shook as he held it. He then brought the tray into his room, placing it on his desk.
I never get given my breakfast this early.

He scratched his head.
Puzzled.
He decided to sit down. He examined the tray. Lifting up each item. A bowl of hot soup made of chopped carrots and gravy. A small loaf of brown bread accompanying it. A jug of morning wine. His favourite Arbor Red. The jug had spilled a bit due to him accidentally hitting it with his foot. Thus there was a puddle of purplish red collecting around it. He picked up the bread -
Dipping it into the soup.
He dunked it once. Twice. Before taking a bite. The tasted like goodness. The bread the freshest it had been in a while.

Argrave looked at his desk as he chewed and poured himself a cup of wine. He took a sip, letting the taste of the wine dance with that of the soup drenched bread.
He looked at his book.
One he had yet to properly write. There were several words on the page in front of him. The first page. Though the words were crossed out with lines of ink.

The Black Dragon’s Conquest Of

The Blackfyre Conquest

Naemidon’s Conquest : A Tale Of

Shit Shit Shit

He continued to chew before swallowing the mush. His eyes looking over the lined out words. Argrave had taken it upon himself to detail it the stories and the histories of House Blackfyre as they ruled. Yet -
He had yet to truly write a thing.
What have they done? He asked himself. What stories have they given me to tell? What history? Six kingdoms barely conquered compared to Aegon’s seven.
Naemidon’s reign has been nothing but tediousness. A reign occupied by a war with The North. A war no one has yet to win.

He dipped the bread into the soup again before taking another bite.
He chewed.
Maekar lies dead now, as well. He would have been an easy king. A bit bent up his own arsehole but easy still.
He chewed.
And Naemidon, mad in his grief, now wants this contest of heirs.
A foolish idea.

He swallowed.
His throat itched on the inside. Argrave remembered how he tried to tell Naemidon how he shouldn’t do such a thing. It was untraditional. Not routine. “Give the throne to the Stormboy, as you should.” He had cautioned - but Naemidon only looked at him with his look.
The one that told Argrave that he would not be listening.

He took another sip of his wine before letting loose a sigh. He throat tingled. He blinked, vision blurring slightly as he did. He looked back at the glass tank and saw his Maegor in his own feast. His own -
A cough escaped him.
He could see the mouse’s tail coming out of the snake’s mouth.
Still whirling.
He coughed again. His vision blurred. He stood up, in a panic. Another cough. Then another. He coughed and coughed. Unable to breathe. It felt like someone was squeezing his throat. He shambled towards the door as he tried his best to call for someone to help. For anyone to. He felt blood dripping past his lips. Wet and warm.
“Hearghhh-”
Was the sound he managed to make. He clutched his throat and stumbled back. Hitting into his desk. Several things fell out of their place. He smacked his hand down onto the book. His book. Pellets of blood fell from his eyes and nose onto the page.
He whirled around. The room spinning. The air disappearing.
Argrave made another sound, gurgling on his own blood, before he fell back and smacked into the glass tank. He tried to go for the door again but his chains would not let him. Their weight became everything. He put out his arms - trying to reach for the door that seemed so far away.
He took one step.
Two steps.
Three.
Until he fell back again. Smashing into the tank. Glass shattering. His vision blurred. Blood spat.

Grandmaester Argrave’s body fell to the cobblestoned floor.
Twitching.
The sun continued to rise higher and higher into the sky, its light shining through the window. His body stopped moving after a minute. The corpse laid there, amongst blood and amongst glass. The snake slowly slithering out of its tank.

Elinor

They’d sent her to fetch the dishes and ask the Grandmaester if there was anything else she could get him. She never asked him. In the few times someone had snagged her mid-errand to ask her to take the man’s breakfast to him, she’d come to decide he was not a man to be disturbed. Not one to bother with silly questions. Neither was she, in her own mind, and yet nobody seemed to think twice about asking her to do something when she was already busy.

Elinor kept her gaze fixed to the floor as she scurried through the familiar maze of corridors. Like a cat, her footsteps barely made a noise against the stone floor. She’d been trained that way, to be quiet, to be seen on occasion but rarely ever heard. Not even the broom she was carrying made any audible noise. Sometimes, she liked to imagine that if she were to die, nobody in the whole building would notice. A morbid thought, perhaps, but it brought her some sort of satisfaction. Some people strived to be remembered, she’d seen them die for their chance at a sliver of glory.

Not Elinor.
She didn’t want fame.

A rap of the knuckles against the door.
Pause. No answer.
Another knock.
No answer.

There was no point in bothering to try a third time. With a deep breath, as though preparing to be berated for entering without permission, she cracked open the door—

Watching in a mix of horror and fascination as a snake slithered just past her feet, leaving a slick trail of blood in it’s wake.

Gingerly, she slipped into the room. Took in the scene.

The body.

Her eyes were glassy as she crouched to take a closer look at his face. The streaks of blood running from his eyes, his nose, some into his mouth, now almost dry. A man with so much power and influence, dead at her feet. Such an undignified death, too.

Shards of glass stuck into his flesh. Choking on his own blood and bile.

She rose to her feet. Retrieved the broom, which she’d leant against the door. Had to find someone to tell. Someone who would know what to do.

Quickly, she hurried from the room, face pale with shock. Suddenly she wanted to vomit.

By some twisted good fortune, someone was approaching.

“My lord!” Elinor quickened her pace, rushing to meet the man and stop him in his tracks. Her fingers were clenched so tightly around her broom it looked as though it would break. “The Grandmaester, I... He’s... Oh, it’s awful. Forgive me. I have to... It was so terrible.”

Her hand clamped over her mouth, tears in her eyes, she brushed past the man after cryptically revealing her unspeakable news. Her pace had all but broken into a run, and she rounded the corner.

Once she was out of sight, she slowed down.
Tears still wet on her cheeks, she reached down her dress, between her breasts. Pulled out a small object wrapped in a scrap of fabric.
Let the tiny glass bottle fall exposed to the floor.
She crunshed it underfoot, grinding the glass down into a fine powder.
Swept it away.

Smiled.

Yarrow Yarrow

Gormon Peake and Meryn Flowers
250px-House_Peake.svg.png
QmyxuLO.png

Just a few hours after their morning meeting, the council of Gormon Peake was together again. They were under attack. Their well has been poisoned and some of his men were poisoned and dead now. How could this happen? The message found was frightening. Gormon had sent a letter to Whitegrove immediately. Gormon was still going to ride to Dunstonburry, but with less men, since some would now be sent to Whitegrove. There was nothing much they could do anymore now, except for sending another letter to the Capital.

~~

Unfortunately Prince Martell hadn’t any news about the Lady of the Vale. The two men talked for some more and after the feast Meryn walked through the city and eventually fixed some paperwork. When the night began Meryn made sure he was at the Brothel. He sat in his office, didn’t showed his face but kept track of everyone who visited. Some were worth to remember. He slept for a few hours and was already awake before the sun had risen again. Meryn always slept for just a few hours. In the morning some new arrived. Two letters from ‘home’, well the place that was supposed to be his home if his father had fucked the right women. The message of the letters were concerning. His father was accusing Lady Florent of hanging an Uller. This was quite the accusation, but Meryn trusted his father. The other message was also not a very good one, there had been an attack on Starpike. Meryn kept the information for himself for now. It required some further investigation.

A Few Days Later

Meryn was walking in the Red Keep near the chamber of the Grandmaester when he saw a girl walking out, she was quite shocked. She mumbled some excuse and then ran away with her hand covering her mouth. Meryn entered the room and saw the Grandmaester lying on the ground. Meryn was also quite shocked by the appearance. He noticed the glass on the ground and saw the snake of the Grand Maester moving around the room. While avoiding the snake, he walked to the desk of the former Grand Maester and took some vials and bottles from the desk and put them in his bag. It could be useful for later.

He looked around the room and when he didn’t noticed anything useful anymore he stepped outside the room again. In the corner he noticed a guard standing.

“Hey you there, the Grand Maester has been killed, alert the guard. No one can leave the castle”

The guard nodded and hurried away after Meryn’s command. The Master Of Whisperes himself went in the direction that the maid also went. Meryn remembered the message from his father, about the kid who committed suicide at Starpike, maybe this had something to do with it? She was already away, but he clearly remembered how she looked like. He would give his whisps the order to find the girl, maybe she knew more about what happened. Maybe she did not, but Meryn was going to get to the bottom of this. After giving one of his whisps the task to find the girl he walked to the chamber of the King's Hand, Prince Martell

"Prince Martell, it is urgent. The Grandmaester is dead and there is more news"

~~

Gormon arrived at Dunstonburry. The first thing he got was a letter from Whitegrove. The whole castle has been searched and nothing weird could have been found. There was also the news of a tourney at Highgarden. Gormon decided that he would stay at Dunstonburry a few days before he went on to Highgarden, since it was only a day away.

Vaegor Blackfyre
Prince of the Blackfyre Line

Vaegor was never a very forgiving individual. And the last few days had started wracking up a gathering of grudges and situations to deal with. A contest for the throne, a concept he had not been able to properly consider until he had been able to mourn Maekars death. The Iron Throne was something he never quite imagined in his grasp nor was even a thing he initially strived for. Maekar had always been the future king in his eyes and he had been content simply serving at his side, making sure his realm remained secure and doing anything he could to help his brothers rule. But Arlan was different, never his favorite brother and he found it hard to see himself supporting at his side the same way he imagined supporting Maekar. Now there was an opportunity, someone would have to feel Maekars place. 'No... No one can fill his place' he thought to himself quietly, but indeed someone would have to be King and he didn't think he wanted it to be Arlan. There was little reason for him not to aim for the throne.

And so he was in his room brooding about it when there was a knock on the door and Vaegor straightened as the door opened without permission. There was only one other than perhaps his father who would do that so freely. "Yo!" A lively voice said as Greyjoy walked in. Vaegor regarded him without straightening up. He was as he always was, short black hair framing his clear and unmarked face. His face had a confident set to it always bordering on mischievousness and had a handsome smile that seemed to set people at ease. "Brooding as usual Vaegor?" His friend taunted as he came to his side. "I'm not brooding... Just thinking." Vaegor stated as he straightened up to meet his friend's vivid blue eyes. It always ever so slightly annoyed him Rodrick was taller then he was and he felt a slight twinge of that now which did not help his mood. "Same thing when your the one doing it. Its been a little while since you involved yourself, some people are starting to wonder where you are." He said with a smile but at the same time, Vaegor knew he spoke partly out of concern due to recent events. Vaegor knew he had been withdrawn but at the same time, it was not due to Maekar, not his death at least.

"I told you I'm fine Rodrick, just thinking about our path forward. Have you been keeping an eye on Stark?" He asked feeling a flash of rage just thinking of Starks forwardness at the high table and the way Vaella had received him. While he had been content with some of his families usual antics but what Stark did had infuriated him and he began to have him followed so he could learn more about the boy who had dared invite himself to the high table. He had never thought much of the Stark, even after the betrayal, but now he observed him more carefully to figure out what to do with this wolf who had strayed into the dragons den. "I told some of the servants to watch him, they'll keep an eye on him. Still, I don't think you have to be worried Vaegor, Vaella has always been a bit hungry for attention but your father would never allow a Stark to properly court he after..." He said without finishing the sentence while Vaegor snorted in anger. "It doesn't matter. That pub oversteps his bounds and I will not allow him to do so again around my sister." He said firmly and with that ended the issue.

"I've decided on our path forward." He said going to lead on the edge of the dresser and Greyjoy crossed his arms as he regarded, held by a level of anticipation. "Well, what are we gonna do?" He asked and his voice was a bit strained if through excitement... Or apprehension was hard to tell. "I will do what my father wants us to do. I will kill the dragon who killed my brother and I will become king." He said, and saying it out loud to Greyjoy made it real in his mind, just as the feast had made the Maekars death real to him. He would take the throne and avenge his brother... No matter the cost.

Aerion Blackfyre

His vision was hazy. His head... Seven hells was his head splitting.

A dance of figures, faceless silhouettes colliding and separating from one another. Becoming one only to tear themselves apart. A fire, no bigger than the flame of a candle. The wax was melting, slowly, bit by bit, it was melting. It burned. His eyes burned.

A crowd of voices, the voices of strangers. Were they strangers? He could have sworn he knew these voices. He turned to meet them.

A woman, surrounded by her friends and family. In her arms a babe. It was still and quiet, wrapped up in a bundle of blankets. It's violet eyes peered out into the world. Was this his birth he was remembering? Was that his mother? Or maybe it was Maekars. His late brother had not left his mind since his passing. Similar scenes had been witness before. It was but a moment ago he believed that he was welcoming home his beloved brother. His journey North had been a triumph rather than a tragedy. If only that had come to pass... If only that was the truth of the matter...

Sweat, tears. Was he bleeding? The pain was enough that he could believe so...

His eyes were sealed shut. He could not bear to keep them open any longer than he already had. It was the same as always. His mind drifted to thoughts of milk of the poppy, of wine, of ale. Of anything to make this blasted torment stop.

No.

He had already tried all of those. He knew that they would not stop it. They would only make things worse.

Was it over? Please let it be over.

His eyes opened once more, bloodshot and heavy. They kept dropping. But it had changed once more.

A tower. Before him stood a child. A boy? A girl? Their back was turned to him. All he could see was their small body. And their long silver hair.

His legs brought him forward. With great effort he reached out to the child with his left hand. For their shoulder, to turn them around.

He stopped. The opening in the wall. The window to the world outside. A great body of water. A golden sea. An endless horizon. The end of the world.

That was the last thing he saw.

"Aaaaaah!" A desperate gasp for air. Aerion threw his body right up from his bed. The covers, the pillows. They had long since been thrown to either side of the bed. A cold sweat had enveloped his body, soaking the sheets on which he lay upon. These things did not come to Aerion's mind. They were not even second thoughts.

It was the headache. He felt as if it was splitting him in two. The pain... His body could not stop shaking. He tried to hold his arm, to get it to stop. All he could do was wait.

On a desk he saw a tankard of water. Mother... Thank you. He managed to raise himself up, his legs felt as if they would give way from underneath him. It was not uncommon for Aerion to find himself sprawled across the floor during his awakenings. But he balanced himself. Everything was fine. He took deep gulps from the tankard until it was dry. It would be alright. This was just how things were... Did it have to be?

Slowly but surely he prepared himself for the day ahead of him. His clothing matching the colours of his house, Red and Black. He did not particularly give much care for how he dressed but his mother certainly did. For some reason she insisted that she be the one to pick out the clothing her son would wear. Something about looking the part? Better to not dwell on such things.

He sat down at his desk for a moment, wiping at his eyes. The sting was less than it was before as was the splitting pain in his forehead. A moments rest. It would be fine if it was only for a moment.

He looked over the desk once more. A pile of books that he had requested from the Citadel. They had been no use to him so far. Books on medicine, different treatments and how to apply them. Poisons and their cures. What was I thinking? The Young Prince scolded himself, he was no Maester. What did he think he could accomplish?

Then... Maybe...

Would that woman be able to do something? She had helped Maekar before had she not? Father trusted her, believed in her. Could he also believe in her?

Well... There is no harm in trying huh?

Once more Aerion picked himself back up. Court Sorceress huh... The Maesters would be yelling at me for entertaining such things but...

Kinvara was a kind woman wasn't she? Even if it was not magic, she was one who would try her best to help others would she not? And even so. Isn't it alright to call things one doesn't understand magic? There was no problem in trusting in a sorceress if she truly could help right?

The doors closed behind him. His bedroom. Thank the gods. Aerion prayed for a long day to be ahead of him as he set off.

"Excuse me, would you happen to know where Lady Kinvara would be this morning?" A polite inquiry to one of the servants passing by accompanied by a weak smile.

"O-oh. My prince. I believe the Lady Kinvara is at the Great Sept at the moment." It would seem that the servant was caught rather off guard by the question.

"Thank you, I wish you a wonderful day." Aerion waved farewell to the servant after expressing his gratitude.

The Great Sept? What was she doing there? Well... I suppose it's not really any concern of mine.

Aerion made his journey to the Great Sept a very relaxed one. A comfortable stroll where he could stop and greet those who he passed by. Perhaps that would help lift his spirits.

TheFool TheFool

A low whine escaped Vaella as she prepared to emerge from the makeshift fort she'd made from her blankets. Until the dawn had begun to shine through her window, she'd been awake, reading a book she found near impossible to put down.

The Dance of the Dragons, A True Telling.

When the sun had risen and she'd realised her mistake, she'd hastily tried to savour the few hours -- or minutes -- of sleep that she could. If anything, it'd made her feel even groggier. She paused, staring up at the fabric that covered her from head to foot, until she heard her door close properly: the sound meant that her handmaiden, Dyanna, was gone. A sweet girl, but simple, and Vaella would rather be left alone to her thoughts than have to hear the girls feathery musings or be tempted to try and explain to her the contents of her book.

After bathing, Vaella sat before her dresser, taking in her appearance. By some sacred miracle, she didn't look too much like somebody who had barely slept. Perhaps it was wishful thinking. She let her mind and her eyes wander as she dragged a brush through her hair, until her gaze fell on a cup nestled amongst a tangle of necklaces. Her cup from the feast: after finding her flowers a home in it, she'd stolen it away when she departed for bed, and now it sat proudly atop her dresser. The flowers were wilting now, and one petal had dropped, sitting atop a jewel on one of her more elaborate necklaces. She set the brush down and gingerly picked up the petal, resting it back on one of the daisies. Her flowers were dying despite her committed refilling of their water, and it saddened her a little. It wasn't as though she could just go and pick her own replacements, they wouldn't have the same value.

Silly of her, she knew that. A grown woman, hopelessly attached to a bunch of wilted flowers because a man had given them to her?
Not just any man.

Though she'd barely had the chance to speak to Domeric since the feast, she'd already been quietly warned to avoid doing so again. Vaella had a sneaking suspicion that Rodrick had only gently explained why nothing could happen with Domeric because Vaegor had put her up to it. Now, that was silly. Such a protective brother, bless his heart. But as lightly as she'd brushed off their concerns, she couldn't help but recall them now.

There were more pressing matters at hand. She'd been so caught up in her idle thoughts that she had quite lost track of time, and now she couldn't tell if she was late. Better to be a little early than late, she supposed. In her haste, she didn't even bother to fasten her dress or pin her hair up. Hopefully nobody would notice, or mind.

If anyone's going to mind, Grandmother will.

With this thought in mind, Vaella took a step back to evaluate herself in the mirror. Pursed her lips. Slipped a jewelled slide into her hair and struggled to fasten her dress. Her attempt at an effort would have to suffice.

Then, she half walked, and half ran to the garden. Hoping she was yet to cross the line into lateness.

TheFool TheFool

Rogar Bolton
Lord of the Dreadfort

The Dreadfort - 2 Days Earlier

The sky was overcast, a gloom being cast over the land, there was a chill to the air, a bite in the wind, somehow getting through the furs of the guards and people caught outside. Squat and square against the skyline, the Dreadfort dominated the area. There was no artistry or decoration to its walls, the grey stones near enough blending in with the surrounding snow dusted terrain. Its triangular merlons dotted along the tops of the walls almost gave the impression of teeth, a great beast slumbering in the Northern wilderness. A number of braziers burnt on the walls, still lit as the morning sun begun to rise, the rays seeking out the castle, illuminating the pink banners that fell from the ramparts. The flayed men rippling in the wind, as if writhing in eternal torment, trapped between life and death on these heraldic banners. Within the castle there was a hotbed of activity however, despite the early hours. Horses were being saddled, and armed retainers of House Bolton, the flayed man emblazoned on their chest pieces were busy climbing atop their steeds, and preparing to depart, awaiting the arrival of their Lord. The light had not yet snuck over the walls, and so both the courtyard and interior of the castle was still lighted only by the smoking braziers.

The Great Hall was near completely empty, here the torches were grasped within skeletal human hands, jutting from the walls, the rest of these grizzly torchbearers nowhere to be found. There were few windows, so all light came from torches, this gave the room a smoky quality, the wooden roof beams having turned black from years of the smoke. It was through this smoke and gloom that the Lord of the Dreadfort made his way. From a distance, and through the haze, it could almost look as though one of the torchbearers had come back for his missing limbs. He was gaunt and thin, pale to the point of appearing unhealthy, the thick furs and armour appearing to almost hang off him, as though he had wasted away beneath him. He had always been like this however, a villager’s fireside story come to life, of course the Boltons had always held this place amongst Northern folklore, however Rogar personified these tales of evil lords more physically. It had been some time since he had been seen outside of his chambers, and stories had spread amongst the villagers, the Lord driven mad with grief by the loss of his son, stalking the castle, unsuspecting servants ending up dead due to his unbridled wrath. Rogar let out a snort as he thought of these tales, the peasants were a superstitious bunch, true of most Northerners, let them believe what they wish, there is still power in such tales, what peasant would dare disobey the orders of their leige lord, especially one that was supposedly inherently evil. He swept the doors open, the cold hair flowing into the hall, and a pair of servants hurriedly slammed the doors behind him lest the torches go out. His men at arms preparing their mounts stopped in turn as he swept by them, bowing their heads with mumbled greeting being sent his way. He pulled himself atop his own horse, a jet black destrier, it had no name, it needed no such name, it was not a person, it was simply m’lords horse. He settled himself atop it, gripping the reigns, and was promptly joined by the Captain of the Guard, atop his own grey destrier.

“The men are ready to depart my Lord, we should be at Winterfell by first light tomorrow, we can spend the night at Hornwood, a rider has been sent ahead to alert Lord Hornwood,”

The other 20 men of the retinue were now astride their horse, and were clustered about, their dark furs in stark contrast to the pink cloaks that marked them out as men of House Bolton. Lord Rogar nodded his head, he would preferably have ridden through the night, and arrived no matter what the time, however the horse would not be able to stand it, and any further delays caused by this would be unacceptable.

“Very good Captain, if all is in good order, we shall begin our journey. I have been absent from Winterfell for long enough,”

The Captain raised his horn and let out 2 blasts, in response the rest of the retinue formed up behind them, and the gate wardens began winching the great portcullis up, presenting a clear path out of the castle. With a kick against his horse’s flank Rogar galloped out into the surrounding wilderness, 2 of the men at arms, raised their banners, the heraldry of House Bolton fluttering in the wind behind him.

Winterfell - Present

Rogar stared down upon the home of House Stark, even from this distance Winterfell was an imposing sight, its mighty walls and towers surpassing that of the Dreadfort, a feat of Northern engineering, the banners of House Stark flying proudly in the morning sunlight. His lip curled involuntarily however as other banners were picked out, the silver fish of House Tully, the red stallion of House Bracken, and of course the red dragon of House Targareyn. Interlopers, southern leeches the lot of them, mewing for help and protection having come here in their droves, calling on bonds of loyalty and honour to shelter and help them. All they had brought was pain, hardship and death. Countless Northerners, nobles, bastards, commoners, all thrown to their deaths for a southern king and his inablity to hold onto his throne. He had not shed a tear when King Baelor was buried, he had attended as his Lord had commanded, but he felt no pain or loss as to the passing of King Breakoath. They said that King Aegon V was different, a man of the people, popular, far different from his father. Rogar did not see it however, all he knew is what he had encountered first hand. He had once again raised his banners for this King, and they had gained nothing, the South was still in Blackfyre hands, and what is more his son was now dead, Royce had been in his prime, Royce had been brave, Royce had been loyal without question, and now Royce was dead. His loyalty to Lord Stark was without question, but this had gone too far. The funeral of Lord Tully had resulted in a summons, but he had consigned it to the fire as soon as it was handed to him, Lord Tully was old and weak, no real surprise or loss, buried by his children. But no man should have to bury his son. He had shut himself in his quarters, keeping his emotions behind physical doors, where as before he had simply suppressed them himself. The time for mourning was over now however.

To leave Lord Stark without his council was a betrayal, he would not allow him to be surrounded by Southern sycophants and lackeys, if the situation they found themselves in was to be resolved, one way or another, it would require his loyal Northmen, with the strength of the First Men flowing in their veins, and who were willing to take a stand against those who would use the North for their own insidious ends. He spurred his horse once more, him and his party riding towards the gates of Winterfell, the Bolton banners streaming in the early sunlight. The Captain of the Guard once more raised his horn, letting out a single low blast, heralding the arrival of allies. They rode into the courtyard, Winterfell had not been pre-warned of his arrival and so it was a hotbed of activity as grooms began emerging to take control of the horses and lead them to the stables, caught somewhat unawares by the sudden arrival of the Lord and his retinue. Lord Bolton was back. He swiftly dismounted from his horse allowing it to be led away by a stable boy, he halted momentarily by a man at arms bearing the heraldry of House Stark, turning his dead grey eyes upon him.

"Inform Lord Stark that his most loyal banner man, Rogar of House Bolton has arrived, as ever offering renewed loyalty and advice. If he have need of me I shall be warming myself within the comfort of his hall,"

He made his way towards the hall, his furs sweeping behind him, the doors opened before him as he made his way into the warm confines, away from the sharp chill of the wind.

(Mention: Hypnos Hypnos Walton Stark)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back