• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Blackened Earth

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Dante Redgrave Dante Redgrave
Phoenix gives you a once-over, taking note of the large beast by your side and face covering garments before breaking into a smile. "Hah, that's a weighty question right there. You're an interesting fella, and I like the quirky ones, so I'll give you as straight an answer as I can. Don't expect me to take a bullet for you, or anything else that's gonna end with me facedown in the dirt- not unless there's some tantalizing tidbits of information coming to me. I'm a lover, not a fighter, and I've got a show to run."

They exhale another puff of smoke, eyes going distant for a few moments. "Yeah, there've been some folks I've screwed on a few occasions. I don't stab backs, not if I can help it, but I've turned tail when the tides turned against me. Can't say I'm proud of that, but I don't let it keep me awake at night. But if there's anything you can trust." the figure pauses, locking eyes on you with unnerving clarity. "It's that when I catch wind of something screwy going on, of someone going out of their way to make this crapsack world even worse- I'll find 'em, and flay 'em bare so the people can pass their judgement."

Dante Redgrave Dante Redgrave
Phoenix gives you a once-over, taking note of the large beast by your side and face covering garments before breaking into a smile. "Hah, that's a weighty question right there. You're an interesting fella, and I like the quirky ones, so I'll give you as straight an answer as I can. Don't expect me to take a bullet for you, or anything else that's gonna end with me facedown in the dirt- not unless there's some tantalizing tidbits of information coming to me. I'm a lover, not a fighter, and I've got a show to run."

They exhale another puff of smoke, eyes going distant for a few moments. "Yeah, there've been some folks I've screwed on a few occasions. I don't stab backs, not if I can help it, but I've turned tail when the tides turned against me. Can't say I'm proud of that, but I don't let it keep me awake at night. But if there's anything you can trust." the figure pauses, locking eyes on you with unnerving clarity. "It's that when I catch wind of something screwy going on, of someone going out of their way to make this crapsack world even worse- I'll find 'em, and flay 'em bare so the people can pass their judgement."

He'd pull his mask down Around his neck and off his face as he looked at the man still confused "so can I trust you or not? The mask is more of to keep the dust outa my lungs.

He'd pull his mask down Around his neck and off his face as he looked at the man still confused "so can I trust you or not? The mask is more of to keep the dust outa my lungs.
"Oh, forgive me, darling- I'll stop beating about the bush then. If I were you, you'd be better not to trust me- I've been called many things, but dependable is not one of them."

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai Once we have our Hx with everyone sorted out, we're supposed to share who we have the highest Hx with, correct?

"Oh, forgive me, darling- I'll stop beating about the bush then. If I were you, you'd be better not to trust me- I've been called many things, but dependable is not one of them."

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai Once we have our Hx with everyone sorted out, we're supposed to share who we have the highest Hx with, correct?

(In my case it's everyone, but one person. so imma do the opposite)

Last edited:

Only by default when we highlight stats, which is next. That’s how you determine who highlights for you.

So, Wondertainment Wondertainment and Dante Redgrave Dante Redgrave , do you have Hx with everyone now?

Okaaayyyy I'm getting mixed answers from the book and from you guys. I'm just gonna write it down the way the book says, which basically says "write down what they tell you to".

So, according to the book, ThaDruid ThaDruid would be the one writing "Chelsea: +2 (from time on the road)", and I'd be writing whatever he tells me to write. So when the book says "Tell that player Hx +2", THAT PLAYER writes down +2 on their sheet.

Looking at pg. 103 of the 1st edition book, by the by.

I don't wanna be a stickler, I just get easily confused.

Okaaayyyy I'm getting mixed answers from the book and from you guys. I'm just gonna write it down the way the book says, which basically says "write down what they tell you to".

So, according to the book, ThaDruid ThaDruid would be the one writing "Chelsea: +2 (from time on the road)", and I'd be writing whatever he tells me to write. So when the book says "Tell that player Hx +2", THAT PLAYER writes down +2 on their sheet.

Looking at pg. 103 of the 1st edition book, by the by.

I don't wanna be a stickler, I just get easily confused.
Oh I was convinced we'd be using the playbooks from 2nd edition that Wlf posted in the character thread. That one changes things around with Hx, and you write it down based on what people answer your questions

Yeah, we're using 2nd edition. Which is fine since it's only the playbook your need which I attached to the "Characters" thread in the first post:

But then I further confused it by having you guys volunteer people when you called them out. So, here's the Hx section in the 2nd edition Driver playbook:

Go around again for Hx. On your turn, ask 1, 2, or all 3:
• Which one of you once got me out of some serious shit? For that character, write Hx+1.
• Which one of you has been with me for days on the road? For that character, write Hx+2.
• Which one of you have I caught sometimes staring out at the horizon? For that character, write Hx+3.
For everyone else, write Hx-1. You aren’t naturally inclined to get too close to too many people.
On the others’ turns, answer their questions as you like.

Mlep. I was using the wrong handbook then. I'll fix it by the end of today.

I have the first two questions answered, does anyone wanna answer the last one?

Mlep. I was using the wrong handbook then. I'll fix it by the end of today.

I have the first two questions answered, does anyone wanna answer the last one?

Every now and again you would catch Fang staring out at the horizon. nobody knew if it was that he was looking for something, or if it was something else. One thing for certain though was that when he did do it he became more alert, and on edge but only those who had caught him doing it would notice the shift of his posture

So, I think we’re good at this point. I think everyone has Hx with the others. If not, let me know.

OTHERWISE, let’s start!

Let’s highlight stats!

Find the person you know the best: the person on your sheet with the highest Hx. Ask them to highlight one of your stats.

And just to be clear, a highlighted stat is a stat you think will be interesting to see the character use. When you roll that stat, you mark XP. The person you know the best gets to highlight one of yours and I get to highlight a second on your sheet.

So, let’s do it!

Teh Frixz Teh Frixz , Grey Grey , Dante Redgrave Dante Redgrave , clarinetti clarinetti , Wondertainment Wondertainment , ThaDruid ThaDruid

So, I think we’re good at this point. I think everyone has Hx with the others. If not, let me know.

OTHERWISE, let’s start!

Let’s highlight stats!

Find the person you know the best: the person on your sheet with the highest Hx. Ask them to highlight one of your stats.

And just to be clear, a highlighted stat is a stat you think will be interesting to see the character use. When you roll that stat, you mark XP. The person you know the best gets to highlight one of yours and I get to highlight a second on your sheet.

So, let’s do it!

Everyone but Teh Frixz Teh Frixz has +3 so what should I do?

So imma just go ahead and do the opposite and say Teh Frixz Teh Frixz you care to highlight something for me?
That’s fine. Normally you just pick between the highest on a whim when there’s a tie.

Let me collect all the highlights. Then I can give you all mine...

Highlighted Stats
  1. Boda - WEIRD
  2. Sam - HARD
  3. Fang - WEIRD
  4. Phoenix - SHARP
  5. Chelsea - COOL
  6. Solomon - HARD

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back