• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Blackened Earth

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
III and his scum pressed toward the old water... factory? Plant? Whatever it was, it's where the city-forest sources most of the water that doesn't come from the sky.
Sooner we find out if they're going to try and take it and extort everyone, the better.

"Appreciate the bounty, Fang," Sam says, "might need to send you hunting again but do what you do 'til then. What do you have for me, Foster? We looking good?"

Fang would look at Sam and wait for him to finish talking "Well only problem with going hunting again would be I'm outta gas. It takes a half tank to get their and back. I only had half a tank in my bike."

Hearing the faint strains of conversation as they approach the head honcho’s office, Phoenix slips through the door, just in time to catch the morning briefing from Sam. Looks like the usual bunch are all here, sharing gossip and giving the updates. Leaning against the wall, the lanky figure smooths out their jacket before settling in and getting comfortable. It’s a little routine they’ve had for a bit- keep nice and quiet like a fly on the wall, and sometimes the boss let’s ‘em stick around to glean some reports and tidbits of information. Of course, if someone needed to get a message out to the public, say a call to arms or something of the sort, the station’s the fastest way to go about doing so. So it’s an arrangement of mutual benefit, or so they like to think at least. If anyone has a problem with them being there, they've yet to voice any complaints about it (or least, none too vocal), so Phoenix figures the rest of the lot don't mind too much.

Ears pique in interest at Solomon’s declaration, a hand moving to rest on their chin as the figure mulls over the information. Not much to go on, but it wouldn’t be too challenging to dig up a little more dirt- someone always knew something, if you knew where to look. Might be that the boss would be willing to be a bit more, hmm, generous down the line, if they found something particularly useful about their unexpected guest. With that, Phoenix pockets the information for the time being, maintaining a lax smile all the while. They’ve got words for their leader, but it’s usually best to save such matters until the important business has wrapped up, and truthfully Phoenix is far more curious to see what Foster and the others might have to offer up.

Last edited:
III’s push into the city proper is shit news. Especially toward the old water plant. People rely on that shit. Everything he and his fuckers have raided they’ve taken. Who knows what he’ll do to it / for it.

Boda, Foster glances your way. Long enough to say what it is between you. Probably no one else notices, but you do. What does it mean? What is between you two?

Kate, having just woken up, stumbles past you all to find a place to piss outside. She’s a lithe woman. Beautiful. Hollow eyes, though.

Fang, it’s Kate. You know her well. How?

Teh Frixz Teh Frixz , Grey Grey , Dante Redgrave Dante Redgrave , clarinetti clarinetti , Wondertainment Wondertainment , ThaDruid ThaDruid

Boda

I have to smile at her, showing my teeth. Foster was probably mad at the fact that I ate something of hers. I think it was a photo because I vividly recall the alkaline chemical flavor of film mixed with the wood of a frame. She was always so so soooooo mean to me, she threw a bed pan at me a couple days ago and when I was younger she would chase me around. Scared me so much I'd hide in my den for days. I'm not afraid of her anymore, especially not now after I learned she wasn't a wolf. She was just meat and mean.

I think back to the tunnel I'm digging under her quarters and wondering how far I could go with things when I catch myself staring at her. I wasn't really staring at her though, just kinda through her while I was thinking. I do that a lot these days, it's probably rude and I shouldn't do it but I do. It just makes people not like me. I shake my head a bit to a tune that isn't playing and decide to break the ice.

"Lose something Foster? It's probably down with the rest of the scrap people throw away. I'd look there."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back