• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

TheForce

May The Me Be With You.
83652FAF-2331-4A87-99B7-7BE6518ED075.jpeg
In the year 2017 seismic activity in the Antarctic was detected and a research vessel was deployed to investigate the event. The research team vanished without a trace and shortly afterwards a military expedition was launched to the great frozen expanse. This team reported nothing unusual and the missing team was chalked up to unforeseen circumstances stemming from malfunctioning gear that resulted in their deaths. The seismic activity was explained away with shifting ice from climate change and the public was satisfied. Yet as with so many other things involving governments and military operations this was pretty far from the truth.

In reality the seismic activity was the activation of something ancient and truly evil. The Black mountain, a strange mass beneath the ice that seemed to absorb the researchers as they made contact with it. What’s more odd is the existence of ancient facilities whose materials were dated to over twenty five thousand years old, that strangely had obvious hallmarks of human design such as palm scans that had indentions for human hands, artistic depictions of men and women along with the DNA helix and maps depicting an ancient earth. This facility was seemingly built around the Black Mountain Mass, and it is theorized that whatever civilization built this facility was eventually destroyed by what they tried to contain within it.
~~~
It is now 2021, and for four years a top secret military base has been operating at the black mountain facility. There The sharpest minds on earth investigate this strange mass, while the most dangerous soldiers in the world outfitted with experimental weaponry deal with the strange monstrous beings that emerge from the Black Mountain Mass. however since the beginning of this project the frequency and power of these creatures has continued to grow, and recently six Cryopod like cylinders rose out of a large central chamber in the ancient facility, within them sat several apparent humans with strange markings on them. Confused and with little other options the researchers and soldiers opted to gather around these pods and see what they held within. These pods opened to reveal these six humans were members of the ancient civilization that built this facility the Godus. Unfortunately these six are unaware of why they were in the pods or what the plan to deal with the black mountain is. Fortunately these six all seem to possess the biometrics that allow them into deeper levels of the facility that were once closed to the men gathered there.

Unfortunately it seems that as the Six Godus awoke so too did the black mountain itself. Strange creatures have begun to emerge from the mass at a far quicker rate and with creatures that are actually dangerous rather than just odd. Furthermore the globe seems to be changing, Violence and negative emotions are widespread and warfare seems to be on the rise. Can the Alliance of Soldiers, Scientists, and the Six Godus pull the world out of this tailspin? Or will the black mountain claim another civilization?

Alright so I can see how this is confusing so I’ll sum it up here and let you know what roles we have.

Basically an Ancient facility is found holding some weird black mass that absorbs those who touch it. Scientists and Soldiers form an outpost and get inside only to find some pods holding ancient people called Godus who created the facility. The black mass seems tied to the destruction of their civilization 25,000 years ago and seems to be gearing up to destroy this one as well seeing as how it’s making the world go mad while spitting out monsters.

Roles

Soldier- Basically elite soldiers from militaries and Intelligence agencies all over the world. Literally the best of the best. Furthermore you get to come up with your own Sci-fi gear within reason. Basically nothing that’s to far advanced like portals, spaceships, or gundams. But power armor, rail guns, personal multi rocket launchers etc.

Scientist- You are among the brightest minds in the world, the top of your field, and of course well respected. You basically have all the access allowable and kinda have command in the facility. While not quite able to hold your own in combat as well as a soldier or a Godus you do have the ability to craft new weapons and technologies what will turn the tide of battle and more importantly seem to be the ones who are destined to save the world…or fail and let it die.

Godus- While six of these exist only five will be playable as I will be playing one of them myself. They look human but have tattoo like markings similar to the Nazca lines. These tattoos are made of an unknown material and the Godus have other powerful genetic modifications that seem magical. Of the five playable ones the tattoos are Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, And White. Purple is the color of the one I will be playing. The Godus do have powers, they are all physically superior to humans in strength, speed, durability, Stamina, and even rate of healing. In addition they possess elemental abilities based on the color of their markings. Red is fire, Blue is Water, Green is Earth, Yellow is Lightning, White is wind, And Purple is Psychic. Players who choose a Godus must also make either a soldier or a Scientist. As far as the powers you can come up with your own and submit them for screening on the Cs page, or you can Message me and we can come up with it together.
~~~
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask. I have a few conditions for players.

1. Due to obvious plot reasons no Characters younger than 21 will be allowed and even that is young for this setting. Bear in mind scientists require a lot of education, soldiers require a lot of expertise to be considered for a position here, and the Godus Are all adults for reasons to be revealed soon.

2. No one is a war criminal here or here against their will, they offered you a lot of money and have NDA contracts that say you will die if you try to reveal anything here. Sadly those with family or a life outside of the facility must leave those things behind as the nature of the mission can afford no attachments that may bend your judgement.

3. Heavy mental screening was a part of the selection process. No characters can be mentally compromised to the point of being a liability. Professionalism is expected in the facility and things like unwavering morals, Political opinion, and Legalities have no place here.

In contrast I have a few promises to players

1. I will keep you all posted on my post schedule and will be on daily to be available to answer any questions you may have. I will not tell you No to a character but rather will find a way to make them work even if it requires minimal edits.

2. I will not get bogged down and suffer from any kind of writers block. That seems a common thing here and i can assure you I do have a plot in mind.

3. I will not take control of, Kill, Maim, or otherwise influence your character without first getting your permission. I may ask you to change something if it doesn’t match the continuity but it will likely be rare as I try to work with what I have.
~~~
if you have any questions fire away.

The Abominations

the creatures that come out of the black mountain mass are believed to be animals and individuals that made their way in somehow and were changed into horrifying beasts with abilities that exceeds biological functions. To date, all Creatures that have emerged have been taken down by the Soldiers and scientists of the facility. The most recent creatures are stronger than the older ones.
86DFF774-A7AE-4944-AABC-6D44372C8D5A.jpeg
First came the cyclops. Standing at 6ft 11in and weighing in at nearly 450lbs this creature managed to kill several troopers with the unique weapon of its paralyzing gaze and claws that could tend steel. This was made even more problematic but it’s flesh being hard enough to shrug off any round below a .50 cal. Nonetheless the creature was destroyed less than a minute after its release.

698181F3-5C2C-4902-A030-8C8668DB70C6.png
Called the Glutton this creature stood at 9ft tall and weighed 670lbs of strangely durable flesh. It’s sheer mass and strength allowed it to breech the initial parameter and its regenerative capabilities made even the high caliber rounds insufficient to fell the beast. A double tap from a rocket launcher finally brought this creature down but not before it swallowed four men one after the other.

FA701892-461E-4125-8E51-537671012DB2.jpeg
The Kong was the most recent beast and it brought with it the stark realization that the black mass was either creating these creatures itself or was plucking them from different locations around the world as a gorilla not only never entered the facility to their knowledge but could not survive for more than a few minutes in the Antarctic weather. This creatures physical strength rivaled all before it and it stood a whooping 13ft at the shoulders and weighed a little over a ton. However what it brought that was by far the most dangerous was it’s intelligence. The creature managed to kill half a platoon while charging through the upper levels. It even managed to operate the door opening mechanism before being struck in the chest by a Surface to surface anti tank rocket.

The facility has ordered heavy vehicles and larger munitions including a high yield nuclear warhead in the likely event that conventional arms will become insufficient if the trend of stronger beasts continues.​

Hi! I may be interested, if I can find myself time which I would really like. I have a question about the Godus’, when they awake, do they recall who they are and do they remember each other?

Hi! I may be interested, if I can find myself time which I would really like. I have a question about the Godus’, when they awake, do they recall who they are and do they remember each other?
Kinda but not really. They do “remember” who they are, they don’t recall how they got there, how long it’s been, or what happened to their civilization. They also remember a time before they were tattooed where they lived in the Godus civilization in peace. As far as knowing one another yes and no again. One or two may be pretty prominent members like for example the one I am playing is the grandson of the Godus old religious leader.

I see, sounds very fascinating! I just asked because I was thinking about taking one of the roles of the Godus', I realize I have to create another character, as in scientist or a soldier, as well then. If you don't mind? I kind of have in mind a female Godus, either with a yellow tattoo or white.

I see, sounds very fascinating! I just asked because I was thinking about taking one of the roles of the Godus', I realize I have to create another character, as in scientist or a soldier, as well then. If you don't mind? I kind of have in mind a female Godus, either with a yellow tattoo or white.
That works perfectly as the Godus are actually humans and thus they possess the same genders and racial differences as the modern day does. I’m happy with you claiming either.

also I noticed I never posted an example so here is one
CD601614-77E6-4AA3-84D1-225EAE730B3B.jpeg
this is the faceclaim for my dude. The tattoos tend to look kinda basic but they have a very faint glow until the abilities are used at which point they will glow like neon strips.

The waterfall and half naked thing slightly bothers me but the goal was to select the charcoal skin tone and purple tattoos. The Godus civilization was rather big on actions dictating a persons life so honestly things like linage, gender, race, and even age were irrelevant. An 80 year old man might be less respected than a 12 year old if that 80 year old was a man who did very little worth while in his life.

Also I have yet to really put much into the description of the soldiers. It would be a big mistake to think they are incapable of defending themselves, some may even be better at slaying things than the Godus are seeing as how none of the Godus were soldiers prior to their waking up here.
434191B6-6393-4DBE-9F6F-074A928B28F4.jpeg
First and foremost your standard issue soldier gear includes armor with stealth capabilities guns that can fire lasers or hypersonic discs to deal with foes. And minor exoskeletal augmentations to keep them able to move at top speed and dexterity even when holding all of their gear. They are issued scout drones which can also be outfitted with weapons and other systems to help the soldier in the field. While they are trained to work in a unit they are also trained to fight on an individual Guerrilla style making each warrior of mankind a deadly force in and of themselves.
13C246A3-4CA9-49E5-A342-0F993DD4E202.jpeg
When the situation calls for it Heavy troops can be deployed in an armor suit that is comparable to a humanoid battle tank. These heavy suits are given armor and targeting systems and the heavy armors can carry weapons usually restricted to vehicles. Things like 90mm cannons, Rail guns, and multi Gatling gun platforms. Their helmets have slots for their drones to fit in to boost their scanning capabilities. Their biggest weakness it the obvious lack of real mobility…that said its
EBAB663C-588E-4DFC-B812-239CD16614AA.jpeg
one of the most feared weapons are the area denial weapons platforms. They can take out vehicles and personnel with equally ruthless efficiency. These systems are typically automated and clearance cards keep personnel from being turned into a fine red mist. The standard platform holds a 120mm rail cannon twin 55mm Gatling guns, three 75mm auto cannons, and of course the dreaded Thunder crack rocket system.
CF89144E-956D-4BBC-80CB-30252E20853B.jpegThat said the most advanced price of weaponry are the Destoryer mechs who tote some of the most insane firepower in the whole facility. This includes various mortar tubes packed with napalm, a 120mm Gatling Gun, and a fully automatic tri barreled Earthshaker Rocket launcher. However the best aspect of the mech is that it’s a purely analog and mechanical with little to no digital systems allowing them to operate even after emp and they are diesel fueled death machines capable of fighting in the most dire of circumstances.

I’m so sorry, I have to withdraw my interest. I wish you good luck with the roleplay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back