• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Black Bird: Senka Wars Information Dump

FrostFire

Flaming Ice Queen
Welcome to the info dump!
Here I will post everything you need to know, so please read each post carefully.
For simplicity's sake, please refrain from posting here. So that we can keep this area for only the information everyone needs!

My co-GMs are;
Yoshimi Yoshimi
Geozaki Geozaki
They will be helping me out with stuff, although thanks to my very perfectionist self, I'll be doing most of the work... Why do I do this to myself...? ;-;
So, they'll mostly be taking a back seat. (Lucky them!)
Yoshimi has read the novella, so if I'm not around (god forbid), I'm sure she'll be able to answer any questions! I'm usually around though, so poke me and I'll be happy to answer anything!

I'll add a little note on the last post once I'm done enough for now, but make sure to watch this thread, as I'm sure more will be added as time goes on!
Not just general info, but what's going on with the rp, deaths, new characters coming in, info on time jumps, and much more!
Now... Onto the dump of info!
:closed eyes open smile:

Rules
1. Follow all RPN rules
2. Please read the information dump before posting a character
3. As it's generally the leader of a clan that goes after the Senka Maiden, please tell me which species you'd like to be, so I can semi-reserve it for you.
Obviously, there may be exceptions, and I will make sure to confer with everyone if someone wishes to be this exception. (This rule only applies to those demons actively pursuing the Senka Maidens, other characters are allowed.)
Diversity makes things interesting people!
4. Please listen to what I have to say - there may be slight changes to lore etc for various reasons. (i.e. The Senka Maidens gaining their "powers" at 18 rather than 16.)
5. Enjoy! ^_^

Applicable to all species
The following is true for all clans/species of demon;
Diet - Unlike what legends may have you believe, demons do not eat humans. Their diet is the same as that of a humans, and they gain no more sustenance from human flesh than they would the flesh of any other animal. (The exception, of course, is the Senka Maiden)
Their appetite - Demons eat a LOT, and will consume more than enough for 3 humans in one sitting, and are often still hungry after! This is because their bodies need this energy to fuel their powers and more taxing lives.
Demon form - Demons can easily pass off as humans in the forms they usually take on, but their demon forms see them change. Their hair will grow really long, and their eyes will glow red, their nails will grow long like claws, and each species will reveal their specific trait.
b51cfa5098aed39e732018bad142ca3b5e8495bb_hq.jpg
Powers - All demons have some sort of powers, although these vary from race to race, and even from person to person, but they all posses these basic traits;
Air slash - A swipe that can travel over distance.
Spit - Their spit can heal human wounds, but can also keep a wound open.
Swords - Special swords can channel their powers, making them more refined and powerful. (Guns do not do this, which is why demons tend to favour katana and other bladed weapons over others)
One unique power - Each (powerful) demon possesses one unique power. i.e. - Sho's control over insects, or Ayame's water mirror ability.
They have a very basic handle on basic magics, although this is rather weak.
Resilience - It takes quite a bit to kill them, so the usual method to do this is beheading.
Learning - Demons have heightened learning abilities, and an almost photographic memory.
Maturity - They reach adulthood at 15.
The Senka Maiden - All demons are drawn to the Senka Maiden(s) by her scent, and all have the urge to drink her blood or eat her flesh. Some are more resistant to this than others, but most can keep this under wraps when the Senka is unharmed, however if her blood is spilled, and a demon tastes it, they will become immediately addicted to it, unless they have a very strong willpower.
(More info on the Senka Maiden to come)

Currently known species
As people choose their species, I will add to this post. But these are currently the species available! This is kept intentionally sparse, to give you guys some leeway when it comes to characters and species.

Tengu
One of the stronger yokai clans, the Tengu originate from a high mountaintop, only accessible from the air.
They have wings and can fly, and are able to use various air based magic as attacks, although there are other uses for this power.
Notable features of the Tengu is that their hair is black (there are exceptions), and their hide-able wings which are very large.
When in demon form, their hair grows longer, they have black wings, and wear a mask that looks like a crow's beak.
The Tengu clan hold many high up positions within business, and are therefore rather wealthy.
The leader of the clan is waited upon, protected etc by the Daitengu, generally a group of 8 of the stronger Tengu of the clan, employed to do anything and everything for their leader.
a653c3703ab7ba164066a83254136f30.jpg

Kyo+Usui+Tengu.jpg

Kitsune
Kitsune generally have silver hair, and have fire based magic, called fox-fire, that has blue flames. Their specific demon form traits are tails (the stronger the kitsune, the more tails they have) and fox ears, along with the usual demon form traits.
There are small magical foxes that serve the kitsune, who can transform into small children and other small animals, or things of a similar size to them.

latest

latest

Tsuchigumo

The Tsuchigumo clan has been a long line of women leaders, dating back centuries. They posses magic concerning the earth, and are generally good at destruction magic such as landslides. In demon form, they show their fangs, and their spit, whilst being mildly poisonous, possesses web-like qualities.
Generally labelled as an 'evil' clan, as each leader of the clan is known to be violent, cruel and sadistic.

Shirohebi

The Shirohebi's species specific magic is water and illusion magic, and most are proficient in using poisons.
Female's venom is poisonous, whereas the males is only poisonous in large quantities.
In their demon form, they reveal their fangs, much like those of a snake.
latest

latest

The Mindless Beasts

These are the demons that are basically animals, with no minds (although they can be deviously tricksy).
They have no control over their urges, and tend to swarm in areas of high density population, like cities. They latch onto people who feel down or angry or hurt, and feed of of negative energy. The one exception to this is the Senka Maiden, who they will relentlessly hunt and do everything in their power to kill and eat her.
They are able to posses humans, and use them for this cause. And for those who can see them, they have physical mass, and are able to interact with that person. i.e. By tripping them up.
Normal humans without the sight cannot see these creatures.
hqdefault.jpg

The Senka Maiden
The Senka Maiden is a unique human who is born once every 100 years, who once she reaches the age of 18, her scent (which becomes more potent if she is happier, or feeling extreme emotion) becomes distinct to demons, and they will be attracted to it from far and wide.
Demons are attracted to this scent, and have the urge to drink her blood and eat her flesh. If they do, they become addicted to it, and only those with the strongest willpower will be able to resist this.
Her blood will heighten the powers of a demon temporarily (that is until it is out of their system, although some strengthening is permanent), and her flesh will give them a longer life.
If they can resist this temptation, and marry her, they will become the ruler of demons, as their power will become vastly greater than any alive.
And if she gives her demon husband a child, that child will become amazingly powerful, perhaps even more so than the father.

Apart from this, they also posses the sight, although they don't have many other abilities, which makes the Senka Maiden weak and vulnerable to demons alike, even the mindless beasts, which pose a big threat to her, as they are driven by their urge to kill her, and become relentlessly aggressive once she hits 18.

Sorry for there not being as much info as I'd like, I guess the manga doesn't go that in depth about stuff...
Now, if you'll excuse me...
7814250.jpg

Last edited:
The Senka Maiden - add on
So I forgot to mention....
The Senka maiden also give energy or power to demons in ways other than giving blood, which in itself is a bit like playing Russian roulette with a fully loaded gun...
Obviously, a kiss will give more energy than a hug, but even holding hands or just being close to a demon will transfer some amount of energy, no matter how small.
This energy is stripped from the Senka Maiden, so she will slowly get more tired. A bit like waking up early, or after doing a workout, that energy can be gained again through eating or coffee...

I'll probably remember something else I've forgotten to add... So keep an eye out! X3

Talismans
Demons are able to make talismans from their defining features. So, for a Tengu, they would use their primary feathers, for a kitsune it'd be a tail and so on.
These ward off the mindless demons, and even some of the other clans, from the wearer.
However, a demon can only make a few of these, and if they make too many, it will severely affect them. So, for a Tengu it will mean they cannot fly anymore, and lose some of their powers, for Kitsune it would mean a serious loss in power, as they're effectively cutting off a tail to make it. (They would only lose powers if they cut off too many)

So, using that knowledge from the manga, it would be safe to assume that anything where a demon must use their defining feature (primary feathers, tails etc) for something, they would only be able to do it a finite amount of times, otherwise they would suffer the same problems.
(This looks a bit like the talisman given to Misao in the manga, made from one of Kyo's primary feathers.)
black+bird+feather+necklace.jpg

(Sorry for forgetting... Again... ;-; )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back