• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Blüdhaven

Huge nodded as his observation came with the registration of the location the woman says she came. He has been investigating the league since he grew from a kid pretending to be more than he was, to the self-righteous silent champion he is now. The named echoed on his head as he saw Question leaving, he was going to act against it until she confirmed with who they were with. He then said, "Huge" he responded quickly as he left her for a moment, walking away a single step, then he looked over his shoulder, up and down. A child curiosity of if what she said was right, true or a lie.

Then Elios came, the Lt. His most value asset if not also his friend. He went out from the ruins like a place through the hole as his minds rambled as much as he would do in a common chat, "Heroes are here. True ones. Investigation in process." he then heard what his friend had to say, but he didn't went to stand beside him or getting any near as possible. Instead, he stood away from the both groups and spoke, "They speak the true." he claimed but not out of ignorance but his own conclusion of a logical possibility, "None casualties, damaged restricted to Inanimate objects. Inhumane strength, odd look, different behavior - not common. Quick resolve." his right arm points towards the faceless man, "Faceless-man, use guns. Out of common, never seen a hero using ordinary weapons." beside that slightly doubt, he aims back to the crash site, "The car did not stop. There are no marks in the ground. It stop dry by her hands. Search for finger prints." though it sounded like an order, it was just a list of things he was going to do or at least thought of doing, "Outcomes suggest she speaks true." but then steps in, "Regardless, this is our city. Whatever implications upon that man I request full involvement." he demanded with the lack of charm of mindless robot, yet he prove to be a value fighter and a calculating being. He pointed at Alvarez, not knowing his name, "Main victim. Targeted by the thugs of this city. Suspicious of illegal activity. Alone, information broker, perhaps?" he added a question, an inquiry to himself though that he quickly resolve by letting it go away.

And to add intensity, he makes a sudden step towards the woman, "We." his hand gesturing the both of them, Huge and Scyleia, "We are the same." he responds as he shows her his hand, though at a quick look it may appear a normal hand, it looks like there was powder around the palm as if he stop a bullet from getting out from the barrel of a gun, "You help me, helping you. Natural human bargain, give and take. Bargain, negotiation." he nods back at her as if he expected that she responded the same way, making her project a gesture that would respond better than words.

The Lt. Elios wouldn't believe that Huge was so into this case specifically. 

@Epiphany @Hell-Jumper

The two dealers exchanged looks and grins. They seemed to think they knew exactly what she was about. The pair take a step closer as if taking the same cue. This close, Raul's aftershave brushed Jessica's senses, spicy and not unpleasant. He reached up with one hand, rubbed the decorative stubble on his face, then rested that hand on her hip.

"Isn't it obvious, chica? You've got that look, you know? That energy. I can look in your eyes and see someone in there, bright and going places. Someone I wanna know a little better. Bludhaven, it gets you down, you know? But I can pick you up, baby girl. For a night, however long you wish, I can make it all go away."

His other hand produced a pair of pills, as if by magic. "Why drown your troubles when you can fly over them?"

Jamil shook his head and mutters "Smooth motherfucker, I'm never getting play with him around."

Both men were close enough to nudge. At that point, it seemed that the rest of the Golden Cobra's occupants had written the conversation off as a private deal and were no longer paying the slightest attention.
Jessica grinned, downed the rest of her water, and grabbed Raul's hand with a firm grip, firmer than any drunk person should have been able to. "Fly? Is that what you want me to do?" She sighed, sounding entirely sober at this moment. "Alright..." She placed a sneaker on a bar stool and, keeping her hand grasping Raul's, vaulted off of the stool and up and over the drug dealer, mid-air drawing her switchblade. Raul's arm made a sickening Crack!!! As she bent it backwards farther than it was supposed to go. She landed on her feet, literally twisting the thug's arm as she held her unsheathed blade to his neck.
She cracked her neck, her hood falling down off her head and revealing her face, black hair, and fierce blue eyes, that were entirely focused and her entire demeanor lacked any drunkenness it had previously posessed.

Last edited:
Question watched the mam walk around and observe the scene, making notes to himself like a deranged psycopath... or a conspiracy theorist. He would've loved to pick that brain, but there was business to atend to. The police had kept him from leaving, so he decided to return to Sycleia. The man had spoken to her, presenting his dirty palm to her. It appeared coated with gunpowder, which wasn't impossible considering the few that had gone off.

"He's coming with us. You're welcome to have him when we're done", he told the man and then turned to the lieutenant,"This is League business. We're acting with the full support of the US government. You have the support of the Blüdhaven mayor and city council. If we decide you're impeding our progress, we will leave and you'll let us." Question lacked his partner's tact and charisma, moreso when it came to dealing with persons of authority who had no real idea what was going on.

ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Romani Romani

The Amazon bore Huge's inspection without comment. His introduction merits a nod from her.

Lt. Eliot gave Huge a nod of acknowledgement but finished calling in a check of Scyleia's credentials. "Thanks for the testimony," he said to his long time...friend? Acquaintance? Partner? Either way, the policeman looked around the scene and said "Without a uniform on the scene when it happened, testimony's what we have to go on." He gave the Amazon an appraising look. "You're that strong, eh? To stop a car?"

"Not as strong as I once was," Scyleia admitted ruefully. "And yes, I'm afraid Alvarez turned out to be their target. He's unfortunately ours as well. As my partner will doubtlessly explain, we need him for questioning."

Huge's offer brought a smile to the Amazon's face, a face marked with loss and sorrow so lingering that it's not until she smiled that the absence of depression can be seen. "I suppose we are the same," she agreed. "If my partner has no objection, I'd welcome the help on this case."

The Lieutenant's initial enthusiasm faded entirely at the Question's blunt statement of facts. "Look, this is my city. I-we live here. Before you think about trying to cut us out, you might think of the value of having good experience-on-the-ground in your corner. We know these streets and I'm proud of our track record. Leagues like yours? Not the best-"

He cut himself off as he received a reply by radio. Lt. Eliot stepped away for a minute and conversed quietly but fiercely with the radio.

Meanwhile, Scyleia gave the Question a reproachful look. "There's a relatively old expression you may have heard of, Question. 'You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar'. Having friends in the police helps us more than it hurts us. They're good people doing a hard job. We-"

"Your credentials check out," Lt. Eliot said, interrupting the conversation. There's a sullen look of quietly banked anger hiding behind a professional facade of politeness. "We will of course cooperate in any way we can. Your suspect is yours. We'd appreciate a talk with him when you're done, though."

The Question, Huge and Scyleia Lancaster now stood on the street outside Smith's Diner, an unconscious informant slung over the Question's shoulder. The Amazon gave her partner a look he's come to know well by now; what's the next move?

sitanomoto sitanomoto

Raul didn't seem initially bothered by Jessica's assertive grab of his hand. Interested, maybe. Probably turned on.

In a second, that attraction vanished as Jessica neatly broke his arm and put him at knifepoint. The confident, swaggering man screamed in shock as much as in pain. Jamil lunged backwards, crashing against the bar in surprise. "Shit!" the other man said, his hands slapping the back of the bar to brace himself. Then he yelled "Crazy bitch!"

That, combined with Raul's agonized cry, drew the attention from the rest of the club. A pair of men peeled away from one wall and headed in back, maybe upstairs to get the boss. The rest? Drew in like a circle, like a tightening noose around the vigilante that'd so badly damaged one of their own. Men mixed with a few women cracked knuckles, wiped hands dry, pulled knives and donned smiles of predatory anticipation. One drew a gun, only to be chided into putting it away.

One thing was plain; this group intended to bring pain to someone who attacked their own. A bullet would be too fast and easy.

"Let him go, bitch," Jamil warned.

"We're not cops," one of the thugs in the closing audience said. "We don't negotiate for shit. So here's how this is going to go. Let him go and you'll probably get out of this alive, after we've had some fun with you. Fuck him up more? You're dead. Kill him? You're dead slowly."

Then the group closed in, pushing Jessica to commit to a course of action. Dozens of men with knives and fists came slowly but came like a wall.

Huge nodded once more to both directions - Elios and Scyleila - however he did have to tell the Lt a few things about what he has been doing, he thought that his identity and relationship between them should end temporally as long as he does not acts as Leonard Grimth. He stare down to the man, Question, as she has recalled. Although he felt this investigation was not on the woman's hands for she hesitated.

It even felt the cards were on his hands. Alvarez, on the other hand, seemed to be too important to take rough actions such as to force him into interrogation. He folded his hands behind him while his long coat covered almost his whole figure and the hood his head. His attention shifted between the two, combining body gestures to make out of it the situation at hand - although nothing to gather from an unconscious man.

He even tilted his head as if he tried to comprehend - what is exactly going on? Why is this man of any importance? or - ultimately, how could any of them assure him that these thugs would not come back to get him again after they are done with him? But, obviously, there are many details out of his grasp. He did not share the same look on her face, for he was utterly blank on face-gesturing.

Epiphany Epiphany Romani Romani

Raul didn't seem initially bothered by Jessica's assertive grab of his hand. Interested, maybe. Probably turned on.

In a second, that attraction vanished as Jessica neatly broke his arm and put him at knifepoint. The confident, swaggering man screamed in shock as much as in pain. Jamil lunged backwards, crashing against the bar in surprise. "Shit!" the other man said, his hands slapping the back of the bar to brace himself. Then he yelled "Crazy bitch!"

That, combined with Raul's agonized cry, drew the attention from the rest of the club. A pair of men peeled away from one wall and headed in back, maybe upstairs to get the boss. The rest? Drew in like a circle, like a tightening noose around the vigilante that'd so badly damaged one of their own. Men mixed with a few women cracked knuckles, wiped hands dry, pulled knives and donned smiles of predatory anticipation. One drew a gun, only to be chided into putting it away.

One thing was plain; this group intended to bring pain to someone who attacked their own. A bullet would be too fast and easy.

"Let him go, bitch," Jamil warned.

"We're not cops," one of the thugs in the closing audience said. "We don't negotiate for shit. So here's how this is going to go. Let him go and you'll probably get out of this alive, after we've had some fun with you. Fuck him up more? You're dead. Kill him? You're dead slowly."

Then the group closed in, pushing Jessica to commit to a course of action. Dozens of men with knives and fists came slowly but came like a wall.

Jess let out a feral laugh. Her eyes were alight with aggression, and as she listened to a thug's shpeal, she shook her head. "I'm not going to kill him. What do I look like to you? But here's the thing: you have spent way too long without Vindication, and with Nightwing gone, someone has to do something." Her hand holding Raul's arm bent back further, and there were a couple of popping noises as the limb dislocated. She gave it a final yank and then popped it back into place, which would hurt almost as much....
She removed the knife from Raul's neck and turned to the thug that spoke with a wild light in her eyes. "Let's make this fun, shall we?"
The DJ, having seen what was going on, put on some appropriate music for the occasion:

• ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Romani Romani

Seeing her partner paused in thought, Scyleia frowned at the unconscious man and then spoke up, glancing at Lieutenant Eliot. "If it pleases you, officer, the League would prefer to ask this man questions in private. For security reasons. I give you my word which has never been broken; we will return him unharmed if it is within our power to do so. Is that acceptable?"

Lieutenant Eliot ran a hand through his hair, visibly frustrated, but finally gave the Amazon a stiff nod.

"You with them?" he asked, raising an eyebrow at Huge.

"He is," Scyleia spoke up. "We'll take our leave of you, officer. We'd best get this suspect secured soon. Besides, and I regret saying this, it looks as if you have considerable work ahead of you." Her rueful, regretful sigh as she looked at the diner was unmistakable.

"Come," she said to her two companions. "Our safehouse isn't far from here. Your mettle in battle earns you that much, Huge. Yes, I believe this man is an information broker, one who has information we need to resolve a pending case. We'll discuss the details once we're behind secure doors."

The walk back to the safehouse provided plenty of opportunities for more discussion, should the Question or Huge which to take advantage of it.

As for the safehouse, it turns out to be a car wash. At least superficially. Once inside, she pressed a thumb against a button, resulting in a brief 'beep' followed by a section of the flooring giving way to a ramp. Scyleia led the way down, passing by racks of guns and sundry weapons as well as a number of bulletproof vests. There was a rack of clothes as well, full of disguises of all different sizes.

Scyleia dumped the unconscious Alvarez on the table before picking up a tan leather jacket, t-shirt and a pair of black denim jeans. "It looks like he's beginning to stir," she observed. "Perhaps you two would care to begin the interrogation while I rid myself of these ridiculous garments?"

The Amazon steps into another room, leaving the men to deal with the slowly waking Alvarez.

Raul's arm popped with a sickeningly satisfying sound. His choked scream through clenched teeth is just as satisfying to a woman out for some pain.

With the knife down, the men around her don't hesitate.

As the fight anthem spins up in the background, a dozen men rushed the former Nightwing. They came in like the tide...and went right back out like the tide. In a matter of five exchanges, Jessica determined their technique was entirely experiential. Useful enough, as they knew how to stick, how to duck and cut with their knives, but no formal training. No deliberate discipline, no repetition of honing the fist, the blade or the foot into a weapon capable of holding back metahumans.

Swinging through their ranks, it also quickly became apparent that Jessica was in a league of her own. For one thing, they were used to people who stood still, who fought back. The rapid mobility drilled into every member of the Bat Family was completely beyond their experience. They could pose a threat, for they had no compunctions about rushing her, trying to grapple her, knife her in the back. But her sheer speed and reaction time, thousands of hours of drilling paid off time and again as she made her way through their ranks, breaking their charge, slipping through their efforts to pen her.

They were at her mercy.

So were the dozen more men that showed up from the back. They just didn't know it yet.

A man stepped out from among them, clad in a stylish black vest over white dress shirt with red tie. It looked explicitly tailored to his figure. There seemed to be a seemed to be a smattering of scales across his skin and his eyes appeared to be slitted.

"Well, now this is a surprise. I adore guests. Especially capable ones.Especially guests both capable and beautiful. Really, such talent and grace in one form puts my paltry employees to shame. And you are ashamed, aren't you boys?" His amused smirk took in his minions, most of whom failed to meet his eyes. "Apologize to this gorgeous creature. Now, my dear, have a drink with me and tell me how I can put your evening to right."

With the full weight of his attention shifted back to Jessica, his eyes smoldered and his smile was easy. He spread his arms affably and gestured towards the balcony, the invitation to join him upstairs unmistakable.

Jess blew the hair out of her face with a confident smile, none the worse for wear, her sneaker on the back of one downed goon, and looked around at the rest of the lumps of man she had taken down. She heard around voice from behind her and she he whipped around, stepping off of the thug and facing the man who had spoken to her.
One look at her eyes was all he needed. She froze, like a mouse staring at a Boa, waiting for death. It took most of her willpower to even speak, much less move, but nevertheless she smirked calmly and, with great effort, put her hands in her pockets, leaning all of her weight on one leg. "You're the boss, yeah?" She said, the longer she resisted the harder it became to even hold her own ground

• sitanomoto sitanomoto

"I'm the boss," the man said, nodding agreeably, his words slower and more deliberate than Jessica's. His sharp tailoring and total confidence made the admission unnecessary. The way the so-recently-defeated thugs about the club ducked their heads in his presence reinforced him as the center of attention in this room.

He took a deliberate step from the back of the room, then another. With a sharp tug, he straightened his vest though it seemed more habit than due to any actual crease. As he drew closer, the faintly reptilian look became clearer. There were a number of metahumans with lizard or snake-like appearances on Earth, most of whom looked inhuman, monstrous. It looked good on this man, though, and his easy smile spoke of a cordial, relaxed manner never seen with monsters.

Closer now, Jessica saw a flash of fang when he smiled. It didn't seem threatening, though. Maybe mesmerizing, like those luminous golden-green eyes.

"I go by Gorgon. Come now." He didn't quite touch her but he reached out a hand in her direction, palm tilted to the side as if to pat her shoulder. Gorgon's other arm swept back towards the stairs leading to the grandeur of the balcony. So polite and well-mannered! "A drink would do us both good, don't you think? You've bruised enough egos and faces here. Let's leave the boys to clean up while you relax somewhere comfortable. Wouldn't you like to be comfortable while we talk, Miss...?"

"I'm the boss," the man said, nodding agreeably, his words slower and more deliberate than Jessica's. His sharp tailoring and total confidence made the admission unnecessary. The way the so-recently-defeated thugs about the club ducked their heads in his presence reinforced him as the center of attention in this room.

He took a deliberate step from the back of the room, then another. With a sharp tug, he straightened his vest though it seemed more habit than due to any actual crease. As he drew closer, the faintly reptilian look became clearer. There were a number of metahumans with lizard or snake-like appearances on Earth, most of whom looked inhuman, monstrous. It looked good on this man, though, and his easy smile spoke of a cordial, relaxed manner never seen with monsters.

Closer now, Jessica saw a flash of fang when he smiled. It didn't seem threatening, though. Maybe mesmerizing, like those luminous golden-green eyes.

"I go by Gorgon. Come now." He didn't quite touch her but he reached out a hand in her direction, palm tilted to the side as if to pat her shoulder. Gorgon's other arm swept back towards the stairs leading to the grandeur of the balcony. So polite and well-mannered! "A drink would do us both good, don't you think? You've bruised enough egos and faces here. Let's leave the boys to clean up while you relax somewhere comfortable. Wouldn't you like to be comfortable while we talk, Miss...?"
"...."
Jess watched, dread growing in her chest, as Gorgon walked closer to her.
And closer.
Until he was within striking distance....
But she didn't strike him. She couldn't. Her hands clenched in her pocket as she worked to say the words 'no thanks'...
Deny it... deny it.... Say no Jessica come on.....
"Sure."
Oh brilliant.
She looked surprised at herself, and slightly horrified. Her will was slipping, and she took a step forward towards the balcony, then another.... then another..... she stopped for a moment, knowing he asked for her name, then turned.
Don't say it. Don't say your name. Don't do it.....
"Jessica."
What the FUCK!!
At least she had the common sense not to say her last name.
She began to walk. Walk to the balcony despite every utter instinct telling her NO!
But it seemed her motor skills weren't hers anymore. This metahuman, this super suave and handsome man with scales and fangs had taken her will and she hated him for it.
Oh for God's sake, Jessica, FIGHT IT.
But she didn't. She couldn't at the moment. She walked up the stairs, casting a glare back at the cronies who had attacked her.
Maybe I can use this to my advantage somehow....
Deep in the corners of her mind she began to hatch a plan.

• sitanomoto sitanomoto

"Jesssssica." Gorgon's enunciation was a little snake-like and a lot sexy. As if he found the shape and size of her name the most intoxicating thing in this room. His slit eyes hooded briefly, disappearing behind eyelids closed in pleasure at the thought. Only to open with sudden intensity, just as the break in eye contact might prompt a witness to look away.

"Step into my parlor," he added as they ascended to the balcony and found seats at a corner booth. The elaborate decor suited his hand-tailored dress shirt and immaculate professional look. Gorgon slid into a booth and leaned an arm on a length of golden railing, leaning, not quite reclining. Then he patted the seat next to him.

Immediately, a waiter brought a pair of glasses filled with rich, dark red liquid. He set them down at the briefest of acknowledging nods from the boss. And then Jessica was alone with the irresistible man once more.

Choosing a glass, Gorgon sipped before gesturing at the second glass with his own, a clear invitation for Jessica to join him. "So rare to find a woman of such grace in these parts. Someone delightful like yourself. If you'll pardon my attention, I couldn't help but notice you seem...inflamed. Heated. I dare say, after that fight, you're more relaxed than you've been in days. Tell me about it. Perhaps I can help."

Those golden-green eyes swam with warmth and appeal, urging the confession of every deep, dark secret. Surely you can trust this man, the eyes seemed to say.

Huge remained silent almost distant as if he did not wanted to interrupt the interrogatory. It was the look of his face the same apathy and objectiveness he has seen everyone. Not because of true indifference but for his lack of expressions. Though as he stores each inch of information is given by the thug called Alvarez, he also watched his facial gestures and hands movements. He hands wanted to reach for his phone that was vibrating inside his cloak. Maybe it was Elliot who was interested with this sudden interest on Huge's.

"Nyis - an enhancement. A drug. Injectable? Consumable?" he thought as his eyes examined each word as if it was floating in the thin air. "Drake Swift? Who? Friend of Black Dog. Black god leader of Devil Tigers. A nickname, irrelevant. Gotham, a probability - a true fact? Or a lie?" of course- what if this man was actually giving them the wrong route to take, delaying the operation at hand?

There was a lot yet to be analyzed, regardless by the time Scyleia asked Huge of his thoughts, he already had a conclusion - sorta - "Could be a lie. A lie that delays our movement. Neglecting previous leads, this is the only clue. A location and a nickname." he takes a moment to sigh, "However - considering this 'drug'." stops for a moment delayed on his own emotions and affections, troubling his own thoughts, "Agreement. - The drug is *must* be our primer priority, must be eliminated. I suggest we make a visit to this Black Dog, throw it a bone." trying to make a bad joke as he glances back at Alvarez with almost a pale essence, tilting his head to a side, "A lose end. He may warn the people for the right number, not acceptable." he turns around, almost reckless, "Intervention needed. Do you agree?"

Epiphany Epiphany

[1043] T. Drake: Short shore Cafe peer side above red line north. Tues 1500.​

Tags sitanomoto sitanomoto The Regal Rper The Regal Rper
That text was all Tim sent to Rebecca. Of course, texts like that were all he ever sent to anyone unless they called him. He was a very matter-of-fact person. In his younger years, this was a slightly different story; but, like an old dog, he didn't have energy to expend on chases he didn't need, and that included off-beat conversations.

No, instead, he had Alphus sitting quietly beside him. He had already made his young protege privy to the big changes Waller was creating. First, it was just a trial. Then, statistics came in--pouring in--indicating that what was to be a trial needed to be more. More structure. More time. More investment. The Titan Initiative didn't have time to set on the back burner. It needed to be thriving. Waller needed to prove that he could train this new generation to be effective heroes and the Titans was the best way to do that. If it succeeded, it would grow.

Bright side, even if Rebecca didn't take the news well, Alphus did.

"She may have my genes," Tim said, quietly convening with Alphus, "but, you would be surprised how far an apple can roll from the tree."

Tim chuckled, "She's probably a bit tougher than I was at her age, I guess."

It was odd hearing him talk about her. When Tim explained the situation to Alphus, it was quite odd. A lot of secrets, but the main point was that Becky was not quite 'all natural' and that Tim himself was infertile. The toxins the Joker used on him in his youth prevented him from ever having any little Drakes of his own. Except Rebecca. Tim raised her for the most part, but the way he talked, there was some type of falling out. It seemed like something even he dodged around. It made this meeting a particularly interesting one.

Short Shore Café​

c1bcd76ed82ddf85c541f6a720b76aba--silhouette-machine-silhouette-files.jpg

Silence was his greatest shield and Alphus staunchly clung to it even as he was spoken to. Then again, he wasn't even certain if he should speak- so he didn't. Instead he filled his mouth with a sip of tea, and pondered the complex web that was his relationship with Miss Drake.

It was strange- to him at least. Meeting Miss Rebecca, again, after all this time. How much time had passed exactly he hadn't a clue, but what he did know was that this meeting with Rebecca felt almost off. And that feeling grew the more he considered who Rebecca was to him and why he even cared about this now. It wasn't like they were old friends, it wasn't like he saw her like a sibling, heck Alphus wasn't even sure if their relationship could even approach the term 'friend' let alone poke it with a stick. Nor did it tread the seas of stranger or even come close to the line of 'person I don't like'. It was strange because as far as Alphus could recall, he and Rebecca had never really done this. Sat together to talk or even stayed in the same place for very long. Granted circumstances as they are, made things different but...still. It was strange to consider himself being on a team with someone he knew, but didn't know at all. When he'd met Rebecca it'd been under Drake's wing. And their interactions had only really started when he began his training.

He could recall it even now, through the scent of coffee beans and sounds of cashier's exchanging bills- he could still remember all those times they'd trained together. And every time they'd sparred she'd always come out on top. A part of Alphus- the logical side said she'd had more time and longer training than he who'd only had 3 years. In contrast she'd had her whole life. Another part, the part that banged on the back of his mind demanding attention- reminded him: such a statement was no excuse. But still, it was something to reflect on. Something minor to recall, that this was his mentor's daughter. And despite how much of stranger she was to him, he'd treat her like any other guest. A valued guest, and seek to improve relations from there.

Taking another sip of his tea cup after coming out of his reflections, Alphus considered what phrases two former acquaintances would even say to one another after such a long time of little contact. Perhaps he should ask Sir Tim. Then again, they were here on business not idle chatter, a plus was Miss Drake was his mentor's daughter. Ultimately, the young man decided, chatting could come later- if it ever bothered to come up at all.

Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul sitanomoto sitanomoto

Rebecca pulled her hood lower on her head as she approached the Cafe. She was dressed all in black, a jacket, t-shirt, and sweatpants, with the only color on her ensemble being the strings of her hood, a bright cyan blue. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and sighed. Short Shore Cafe. Better be worth it. She had enough on her plate already without being called in by Daddy Dearest. She jaywalked across the street at a light jog and then walked to the door.

It was bright and well-lit inside, and she spotted her father and Alphus at a corner booth through the window. She shrugged and walked inside, first walking to the counter to get a danish and a vanilla iced latte. Sliding her cash (exact change, as always) across the counter, Becky looked quietly at Alphus and Tim out of the corner of her eye as her mind raced.

What did her father need her for? Why was Alphus here? Was it really safe to leave Jess alone? These thoughts bounced around in her head for a while, and she answered each one in turn. Her father wouldn't contact her unless it was something serious. He never did. Alphus wouldn't be here if Tim didn't need them both. And Jess was a big girl. She could take care of herself.

The barista handed her her pastry and her drink, along with her receipt. She thanked the girl quietly and then walked over to the corner table.

"What?" Becky said, without so much as a hello to either of the men in front of her. She didn't sit. "What did you want, and why is he here?" She gestured at Alphus with her danish. "No offense, Alphus," she said, clearly not meaning to be hostile towards the boy.
Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul The Regal Rper The Regal Rper

@LokiofSP (for the obscure Todd reference)
"Bruce used to say you looked like a Drake and acted like a Todd," Tim commented. It was a quick, clean cut through her attitude. Tim had dealt with his daughter plenty. He knew how to handle her. She pointed out Alphus for no reason. She just wanted a grip on the conversation. She asked questions bluntly; she just wanted things to be done with. That wouldn't do. She needed to be engaged.

"If you were a real Todd, you'd probably be leading one of these gangs--Blüdhaven has plenty," Tim continued on, sipping his black coffee in between his quick speech. "Or, worse off, about to do something incredibly stupid with insane ramifications with sketchy people to make some stupid-ass point, but... you're no Todd," Tim continued on, reminding her of the different branches the 'Bat Family' had and just which she belonged to.

"I'd say you're a Drake, but you and I are the only ones. So, if I was in your shoes, I'd only be in this crap town for two reasons. Three, if Bruce was alive. The first would be chasing after someone I wanted. Maybe a criminal, maybe a lover. You may not believe it, but I had my days. The second, and far more likely, is for a friend. My guess is Jessica. She's in trouble, no doubt. She's a Grayson. Dick had his troughs, too," Tim continued on, hitting just about every nail on the head he could. It humanized him. At the same time, it spoke testament to his inductive skills.

"Why you're here isn't why I'm here," Tim then told her, setting down his coffee. "Waller has restarted the Titans. He's calling it the Titans Initiative. He's fully funding it, pulling in the best resources and names he can and he's requested I come watch over it. Apparently his personal guards aren't cutting it," Tim explained, cutting straight to the chase. His exposition only made this sudden change more impactful. "The Titans were nearly as important to me as Bruce, Rebecca. While I was a Titan, I felt like I was part of something bigger. Not stuck in a city--in some rut--trying to make an immeasurable difference. That's why I'm asking you to join. I know why you're here, but Jessica is one of the most capable women in the world. Just like her father," Tim explained in full and gave her a rationale for how she may not be as needed in the city as she thought.

@LokiofSP (for the obscure Todd reference)
"Bruce used to say you looked like a Drake and acted like a Todd," Tim commented. It was a quick, clean cut through her attitude. Tim had dealt with his daughter plenty. He knew how to handle her. She pointed out Alphus for no reason. She just wanted a grip on the conversation. She asked questions bluntly; she just wanted things to be done with. That wouldn't do. She needed to be engaged.

"If you were a real Todd, you'd probably be leading one of these gangs--Blüdhaven has plenty," Tim continued on, sipping his black coffee in between his quick speech. "Or, worse off, about to do something incredibly stupid with insane ramifications with sketchy people to make some stupid-ass point, but... you're no Todd," Tim continued on, reminding her of the different branches the 'Bat Family' had and just which she belonged to.

"I'd say you're a Drake, but you and I are the only ones. So, if I was in your shoes, I'd only be in this crap town for two reasons. Three, if Bruce was alive. The first would be chasing after someone I wanted. Maybe a criminal, maybe a lover. You may not believe it, but I had my days. The second, and far more likely, is for a friend. My guess is Jessica. She's in trouble, no doubt. She's a Grayson. Dick had his troughs, too," Tim continued on, hitting just about every nail on the head he could. It humanized him. At the same time, it spoke testament to his inductive skills.

"Why you're here isn't why I'm here," Tim then told her, setting down his coffee. "Waller has restarted the Titans. He's calling it the Titans Initiative. He's fully funding it, pulling in the best resources and names he can and he's requested I come watch over it. Apparently his personal guards aren't cutting it," Tim explained, cutting straight to the chase. His exposition only made this sudden change more impactful. "The Titans were nearly as important to me as Bruce, Rebecca. While I was a Titan, I felt like I was part of something bigger. Not stuck in a city--in some rut--trying to make an immeasurable difference. That's why I'm asking you to join. I know why you're here, but Jessica is one of the most capable women in the world. Just like her father," Tim explained in full and gave her a rationale for how she may not be as needed in the city as she thought.
Tags: Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul The Regal Rper The Regal Rper
As Usual, Her father shut her down, mentioning Bruce. There was a twinge of pain in her heart, but she ignored it, listening to her father with a rather neutral expression. He was right, she was tougher than a normal Drake.

She listened, staring at the table as he brought up Jessica. She clenched her fist on the table, shaking her head. He didn't understand. Jess wasn't just in trouble.... she was down-spiraling pretty quickly. Becky needed to be here, to support her, to be a shoulder to lean on as well as a good reality check initiator.

She caught the words "Titans initiative" from her Father's mouth and her head snapped up, locking eyes with him. "So.... you want me to come and join Waller's little gang of pet heroes?" She pulled up a chair from another table, taking a seat and shaking her head. "I don't get it. Wouldn't Alphus be enough for him?"

Truth be told, she had always been a little jealous of the relationship Alphus had with her father. How he got to spend the most time with him, how Tim seemed more focused on him than on his own flesh and blood. But she wasn't angry at Alphus for that. No. She liked him well enough, they always got along well.

"Explain why you and Waller need me and what exactly this 'Titans initiative' would entail." She was also blunt and to the point.

"I see that look in your eye. The problem isn't the Titans, is it?" Tim asked her. Her defense was to stray away from what was really holding her back. If she didn't hear him tear it apart, she wouldn't re-consider. This was Tim Drake, however, the world's last great detective. "Rebecca, I know you well enough to know you aren't telling me why you intend on saying no. And don't tell me you aren't, the moment I brought it up, you already had it in your head that were going to walk out of here declining. You have always done that. You would rather take your Queen off the board than let her be taken by your opponent," Tim explained to her in a fairly well-put analogy.

"I'm going to reiterate this. You cannot force yourself onto others. Everyone looks up to Bruce and Dick, yeah? Did I ever tell you how why Dick became Nightwing? It's not the best story, but it's a real one. The type of story families keep behind closed doors. When Dick went off to college, Bruce began sleeping with Barbara. Got her pregnant, in fact. Their heart's broke when she had a miscarriage, but Dick had his entire world shattered when he found out his mentor was sleeping with his girlfriend. He left for years without talking to Bruce. I didn't even meet him until he was well-into being Nightwing. Dick went to a dark place. And, the one time I tried to help him? When I first wanted to meet the former Robin? He beat me to a bloody pulp. All I did was get in the way. But, he eventually came back. They reconciled... the family was whole again. 'Til Jason came back, but that's another story. History repeats itself and I'm telling you from experience, some people need time instead of help. You cannot ever expect to overcome the situation you are in if you haven't first come to accept the situation," Tim explained to her. It was the first time he told her that story. It was the first time he told Alphus that story, too. It was quite literally a secret held behind closed doors. If not for the fact he had an airwave dampener in his jacket active, he would have never told it.

"As for the Titans, you're being as petulant as ever. The first six months of the League showed that new heroes, people particularly like you, are some of the most dangerous. Look at what happened in Bludhaven. You were here, Jessica was here, we even had a few others. Yet somehow these notorious 'Shadows' took down a precinct, a small criminal organization and in the process eighty-three confirmed civilians--all under your noses. That shouldn't happen. It's not just here, Rebecca. It was all over U.S. and even our European counterparts. There is a lack of experience. Of training. Of discipline. People are being killed in the crossfire. Encounters are escalating from alleys to entire blocks. Teamwork is next-to-nil. I won't lie to you; new people thinking they're heroes on the streets are causing more problems than there would be without them. They're making things worse. The Titans is how you get the experience to avoid that. It's how you get the training to preserve life and keep a situation from getting worse. You already looked at it like some type of goon squad for Waller, but Waller will likely never step into the Titans. This is for the world, Rebecca. This is to make the next generation better than the last one," Tim told her.

Tim inhaled and exhaled deeply. "That is what any father would want. Although, let's be fair, our relationship has always been more like a grandfather to a granddaughter," he explained, giving her his reasoning.

"As to what it will include, I know they suppress meta-human abilities. Half of these kids have relied on their abilities their whole lives. It's made them soft. They don't know how to fight properly. How to aim a gun. How to throw knives, pick locks--the basics. Some of them were vigilantes just like yourself. They have no idea how to shut the Hell up and work as a team. I'm sure none of you know what jurisdictions the League has, what we can and cannot do. A lot of what we are teaching is how to fight, how to survive, how to become resourceful. You can most of that and in fact, you can do most of that better than Alphus here. Once he has his powers shut down, you're his superior in just about every way--except one. Alphus can work in a team. You've always been stubborn and brash. The Titans will go through training for team scenarios, leadership delegation, how to not try to kill each other over stupid, petty things. The Titans Initiative is about becoming more than what you are alone. The Titans are how dozens of side-kicks became heroes of their own accord," Tim told her, hashing out some of what was happening.

Short Shore Café​

Tags: Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul sitanomoto sitanomoto

While no offense was taken and a simple nod had been offered in response to Miss Rebecca's reassurance, most if not for a majority of the time, Alphus said literally nothing. The only sound that actually came from his lips, was the sound of gentle tea being sipped every now and then.

Throughout the back and forth between father and daughter, Alphus had remained virtually invisible- saying nothing and voicing nothing on the matter of Miss Grayson or Nightwing, and virtually remaining silent when his name was brought up again by Miss Drake in regards to the Titan Initiative. It wasn't that he didn't care or was disinterested in what was going on around-- Nightwing's story especially was something he could think about later, it was quite the opposite. Everything Sir Tim was saying was heard and every thing Miss Drake said was noted. Alphus wasn't just doing this because his mentor was going to play the role of supervisor (although that concept couldn't be completely ruled out), he himself , loyalty aside, was heavily invested in the concept of joining the Titans Initiative. Not because of the Titans prestige and the feats they'd accomplished and the fame they'd achieved, but how he could learn from this. Even more so since he'd been filled in on the details prior to this little gathering.

If anything Sir Tim's exposition of the situation with the current band of recruits painted the team in a less than good light, from his own perspective. Then again he himself had a lot of work to do before he could go judging anyone or any being for their levels of competence and skill in any sort of field. Especially when his weaknesses had just been so clearly pointed out. Tim wasn't wrong in the regards that without his powers he wasn't as skilled, agile, or sufficient in combat. A slight pause from lifting the cup ensued before the flora decorated tea cup rose to meet his somewhat chapped lips.

Just another problem I'll need to resolve when everything's been set he merely reasoned. Tim was right. He'd been using his abilities as a crutch. Reb-- Miss Rebecca had always been his superior, he knew that. He always knew that. But that doesn't change the fact that you still need to get better. Especially if you wish to be of any use to your team who could all out class you in combat proficiency. Even if his affinity for teamwork was high, it mattered little if he couldn't do much to help when it mattered now did it?

The teacup landed on its coaster and for the first time in minutes Alphus spoke. "How long will those with meta-human abilities have their powers suppressed, Sir?" It wasn't a question of concern. It was a question meant for planning. "And will we have any information on our future allies before hand? If the newest Titan recruits possess the liability of being..." brows furrowed, "...difficult... will we be likely to have access to their names, backgrounds, and personality quirks- if necessary?" It was a normal question. At least to him. Having information was key to knowing how to work with someone, learning along the way wasn't bad. But Alphus always had a knack for double-checking just in case.

Becky rolled her eyes as she listened to her father tell her about Dick's.... incident. In her eyes, this was different. Jess could hurt herself without Becky. She.... it just wasn't right to leave her alone. Jess had been there more for her than her father had been, which is why she felt more loyalty to the Grayson girl than her own flesh and blood.

"If I leave her alone, she could kill herself." She murmured, barely audible. "I can't.... I can't let her do that."
Then she was told she was superior to Alphus in more ways than one, especially without his powers, except that she couldn't work in a team. That wasn't true. She worked well with Jess. But other people.... well, maybe it was kind of true.

She began to be intrigued by the idea of meeting others, something that hadn't caught her thought process in a while. Alphus's questions were good, and she nodded. "I'm gonna need to know who I'm working with if I'm gonna accept." She said.

"To be blunt, I do not know the full roster of the Titans, but I was given some of the criteria. Those that are brought on are often mutants, Homo Magi, those possessing a latent Bang Baby gene, or the offspring of former meta-humans... some heroes, some not. The Titans will not be divided into branches like the League is," Tim explained, somewhat answering both of them but most clearly answering Rebecca. Quite frankly, Tim wasn't sure of just who would make it in and who wouldn't--just like he wasn't sure if Rebecca would join in or not.

"Meta-Humans of any kind have a tendency to rely on their powers. Some go their entire lives without ever training as if they had no powers. Some might excel that way, few do. The downfall is obvious: there is no discipline. No commitment. No realization of how much more you can become by applying yourself. They already are more, so why would they normally?" Tim continued to explain. It seemed he had a heavy focus on the Metas, but that wasn't entirely true.

"So, their powers will be suppressed until they understand that concept. Having abilities or advanced training does not make above the law or beyond the system. If you--if they--want to use their skills to help, then they need to train them, use them safely and work as a team. That is what the Titans Initiative will be about and I don't care if it takes a two months or twenty years," Tim said, this time tailoring his answer more toward Alphus and making it quite obvious.

Tim then took another sip from his half-empty mug.

"Both of you have already displayed the same fault, but I do admit it's likely due to my influence. Both of you, take a moment. You just asked the same question, merely worded different. You want to know about the other Titans. You want some insider information. You want unfair leverage--if they know nothing about you. In the real world, that's a smart decision. But, when you're trying to develop a team, you're not treating your peers with respect or as equals. Let alone law enforcement. Paramedics. Firemen. Private Investigators. I could go on. You can fight against the flow your entire lives, but I assure you of this: you do far less good and burn out too soon," Tim told them, giving them a healthy piece of advice regardless of what direction they went in.

"I asked myself what the difference between Red Wing and the Red Hood was, y'know. When I was with Damian, we were vigilantes. We did what it took--when we needed it. Felt good for a while. Then you see it. You see that it's not sustainable. That by doing what the system can't, you make it weaker. It's a shitty feeling and it comes with a shitty reputation," Tim told them, sounding more real than he ever had.

Becky sighed and rolled her eyes as she listened to Tim. He was right, and it was fair, but it still annoyed her.

"So, no info on who we're working with. Got it." She took a bite of her pastry. "Can you tell us where we'll be working, or is that considered 'unfair leverage' too?" Sarcasm practically dripped from her voice as she took a drink of her latte.

She was obviously annoyed, but also clearly intrigued. If the possibility didn't hold her interest, she would have stood up and left a long time ago.

"San Francisco," Tim replied quickly. His answer to her sarcasm was bluntness. "The third Titans Tower Cyborg built there years ago. Used to be their HQ. Third most well-equipped facility on US soil," he continued on, giving a bit more detail on precisely where the Titans would be stationed.

"Yes, I know, other side of the country. Alphus here is leaving his company and remaining family behind, too," Tim followed-up, already addressing the fact it was a good distance away. "But, no other existing Tower is as suitable or iconic. Waller felt that the monuments and halls there would be constant reminders of why each person is there, and quite frankly I have to agree," Tim said, trailing off a bit. It was obvious his mind was wandering a bit.

"I remember Dick and Garfield... they'd be there from time to time. Actually, any time Dick was on the West Coast, he stopped by. Pay respects, but mostly just to see the statue of Kori'. She was too free-spirited; would never settle down with Dick. I don't think she ever settled for anybody, actually. Not that young love isn't a cruel joke anyway. Still, a man never forgets. They never forget the one that got away. Garfield was the same way. By the time I joined the Titans, the name Terra was just a name on a plaque. There is a whole story about her that's not written anywhere. It was years before Dick told me. Anyway...

Those halls are important. Even if you don't know their history, every statue tells a story if you listen close enough. And, if we don't learn from them, you're likely to relive those mistakes,"
Tim said, coming full circle and off his tangent.

Rebecca sighed in resignation. Her dad would wheedle and press until he got what he wanted, and he just sounded so passionate about the old tower and about his friends. She couldn't say no.

"...... Fine. I'll go. But you're paying for my airplane ticket, and if Jessica dies while I'm gone, it will be on your head." Becky said finally, standing with a severe expression towards Tim. She turned to Alphus and smiled, a genuine one. "It was good to see you, Al." She said. The Drake girl pulled her hood up over her head again and started walking out the door, before turning to her father. "Text me the time and day you want me to leave." She pushed the door open and stepped onto the sidewalk. She wanted to go check on Jess and then pack for the trip. Despite herself she was actually a little excited. Maybe she would be able to forge a few new bonds.

Short Shore Café​

Tags: Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul sitanomoto sitanomoto

It was so interesting to hear Sir Tim talk about the past. Hearing even tidbits about the life of the Titans themselves was more of an award than anything else. And he really could not wait to become a member of something that had helped shape some of the greatest heroes history had to offer.

Tuning his attention back to the rest of the conversation, Alphus finished off the rest of his now slightly cold tea. His brows furrowed a bit at the coldness but just as soon as it came it was wiped away as he heard Miss Drake's answer. The young man couldn't help but smile. He didn't know why, but it was good to know why, but it was good to know Miss Drake would be gaining an experience like this too. By the time she'd come to address him though, his smile had already begun fading and upon seeing her sincerity he tried to match it as well, merely offering her a wordless nod in a slightly awkward response.

Once Miss Drake had left, Alphus turned his attention back to Sir Tim, dabbing his lips before he spoke. "Well, I think that went quite well." He mused with a hint of joy.

The Titans Initiative, what sort of people would he meet there. And how much work would he need to do to make sure he didn't get left behind. Only time would tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back