• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Quest [Birth Of The Worlds] OOC

Characters
Here
Other
Here

ShenYu

Flying Hamster
[This roleplay is currently closed. If you're interested to know what this is all about, click here]

This is where we would discuss things, get to know each other, and even have fun! Btw, I've said that our OCs can be from different races. I added that up without thinking. if the OCs have special ability that comes from their race, e.g angel with their wings, demon with their magic, and stuff like that, won't that destroy the balance of the game?? I mean, they'd have an unfair advantage compared to races like human.... What do you guys think we should do?

Well, regarding upon things such as benefits that other races provide that grant them an edge over regular human beings, I would most likely say something such as giving them an defining weakness to balance out their strength can help with this, and while humans are an Jack of all trades that can do well in every role, for example, an Orc can be far stronger than an human, but often have a lack in book smarts and things such as that. But other than that, this was my idea on this, considering it could make things more unique and such to see players play off of their Oc’s race strengths and weakness and make for some good rp moments, but other than that, I have nothing to say.

Personally I think rather than basing strengths and weaknesses off of a characters race, it should be based on a character themselves. Having an orc who has gone out of their way to obtain a higher understanding of complex concepts like math or magic could make for a more interesting dynamic between characters. Since our characters have been forgotten, maybe they have something about their race that they go against that caused them to be abandoned. I think having 1 or 2 strengths and weaknesses specific to the character allows for a bit more expression. At least so long as they aren't completely overpowered of course.

Hmm, yeah, I suppose that could make much more sense then what I was going for. But yeah, I believe it’s that situation covered, so, let us perhaps talk about something else, like, potential character ideas we are gonna provide for the rp… to which I already know the first character I’m going with, an fancy clothed inventor of the diseal-punk esque world, but I want to see what other ideas people may have for an potential character

I personally prefer to go with a normal and ordinary human, just because of the fact it won't give me tons of headache trying to brainstorm ideas to make balance his strength and think of his background world. Call me lazy, but I really just want something simple for him lol. Though in the novice quasi-world, I don't think I'll make him appear. It's gonna be unfair if I set up the quests and mysteries and also played inside it. I'll know what to do and where to go right away. But I'll make him appear once in a while maybe to gave clues and hints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back